Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
Post Digital Memories(see OOC, free2join)
on: May 04, 2004 03:12
~~~~Free to join~~~~

"Don't worry, this won't hurt one bit..."

"What are you doing!?"

"Just removing your memories..."

~~~~~

Jareth curled up against the wall. His pale blue eyes flickering back and forth, watching as people walked by the alley. The air was warm from the summer heat.

A hundred thoughts flickered behind his eyes, his mind searching for something that wasn't there. He cast his look down at his pale green skin and to his hands. The fingers long and slightly wider on the tips and paler.

One question kept bothering him, though he knew what his name was.

"Who am I?"

Nuav
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Digital Memories(see OOC, free2join)
on: May 07, 2004 07:12
((hey, I'm just going to jump right in, my char. name is Tai))

Tai walked down the alley cautiously, her gray tail swishing back and forth. Her feline eyes scanned the walls, as she trotted forward. To most she would appear to be a normal tabby cat, and that was how she wanted it. She paid no attention to the people walking by, but continued onwards to her destination. She turned the final corner and lept up on her favorite box to sleep in the sun. Only this time there was someone there. She arched her back, hissing in surpise, but it was too late. Her concentration had been broken and she returned to her normal form, the nuetral form of a shapeshifter.
"Darn it." She muttered to herself. She was very young, and hadn't fully mastered her abilities yet. But she looked at being staring back at her. His pale blue eyes watched her, yet she noticed they seemed unfocused and blank. She knew she hadn't seen him around the alley before.
"Who are you?" She asked bluntly...
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 08:25
"I-I-I don't know...I think my name is Jareth."

He replied, spooked by the person. He tried to think of what she might be, but once again he encountered the void in his mind.

"Who...or what, are you?" he asked, curling up again into a ball. His eyes played across her form, eyebrow ridges rising and falling in confusion.

Nuav
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 10:48
Memory.

The only thing, I can not find.

The part of me... that held my past,

Is gone.

Rika kept her eyes on the ground as she navigated her way through the crowd. She had no clue where she was or where she was going. She just felt that she needed to be somewhere. Someplace... safe, where she could find the answers she was looking for.

Earlier that day she had awoken on the sidewalk. She had no idea how she had got there. She couldn't remember anything. She tried so hard to find anything... but failed. The only part she knew, was that she was Rika, pastless.

"Stupid humans!" She muttered under her breath. She wasn't exactlly insulting her kind... because she wasn't human. She couldn't remember what she was. She had looked at her reflection in a puddle this morning and saw, pointed ears, deep blue eyes, and red hair with blondish highlights.

She was wearing a white t-shirt with robin egg blue sleeves, blue jeans, a light yellow scarf, and a brown belt with a pocket on it. She had opened it earlier to find nothing but a note:

I took these so I could return them to you later. I will try to find you, though you may not know me. We were friends for a long time before they swiped your memories. That is all I can tell you now, but when we meet, you shall know the rest.

"What does this mean?" She whispered to herself. "That my past was STOLEN from me?" She turned left into an alley way, to find other people there. A felinish female, and a frog type male. She seemed more normal then the others. "Probably a freakshow!" She smiled to herself. Her jokes hadn't left her.

"So... why of all places are YOU two here?" She boldly asked even though she felt afraid inside.
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 04:35
"The name is Tai." She said brightly offering her hand in a friendly handshake. Jareth stared at her hand blankly. Tai blinked her large eyes then turned to the newcomer. "HOw about you?" Her emerald eyes narrowed into slits. 'I haven't seen you around before..."
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 03:47
Jareth stared at Tai's extended hand. He knews it signified something, but he didn't know what.

Before that, he had looked slightly alarmed at Rika. Eyes wide, and unsure. He felt very nervous around the two beings.

"Name's Jareth." he said, pretty-sure that was what to say. "Who would you be?"

Nuav
OOC- Sorry it's movin' slow, but I think it'll move faster after a few posts and the characters get to know each other.
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 03:16
"Nice to meet you Jareth. Like I said, my name is Tai." She said for the benifit of the newcomer. "I'm a shapeshifter, I can assume the shape of most being." As if to demonstrate she changed back into the form of the common tabby cat. She rubbed against the newcomers legs playfully, purring. "And your name is?"
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 03:43
Rika stared down at the cat that had once been... normal, That's different!
"And your name is?" Tai asked purring.
"My... my name's Rika!" Rika said picking up the cat and scrarching behind its ear. She felt something pulling at the back of her head, but when she tried to look... it wasn't there. Something about this seems... familiar. "So your name's... Jareth?" Rika asked looking back towards Jareth.
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 09:48
Tai purred loudly as Rika set her back down. She lept back up on her box and licked her velvet fur, her tail swishing back ad forth. These two newbies are wierd She thought to herself while watching them. They obviously don't belong in an alley like this one. And why are they so dense? At first Tai had thought that it was just a species thing, but this other female was of a different race and her eyes still held the same confusion
"I'm just wondering.... It doesn't look like you guys are too... uh... familiar with this area." Tai began. "It's getting late and it's not too great after dark, do you guys want to crash at my place?"
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 01:15
Crash? By what does Tai mean crash? Are we going to destry her house? I don't want to do that. That would be mean!
(( I like being confused! :rolling: ))
"Um... I guess!" Hopefully this doesn't mean destroy her house! Tai's being nice to us! I wish I still had a memory! "What about you Jareth?"
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 01:45
Jareth looked slightly bewildered. "Well, I think I'm new around here...um, what do you mean by 'crash' at your house?", he had a slight idea as to what she meant.

"This..place, isn't exactly nice I guess..." he said, looking around again.

Nuav
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 02:19
What is most precious to you?
I don't know.
Yes, you do.
Really?
Why would I lie?
.........My memories are most precious.
So we must protect them when we find them, right?
.......Sure.
You don't mean it.
I stopped caring a long time ago
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kione watched the drama unfold before her. No one had noticed her entrance and she wanted to keep it that way. That was the trouble: not being noticed. They were going to someone's living quarters now, and Kione realized that she could not stay with the odd party without an invite. It was unacceptable to intrude into someones' home like that.

Normally, Kione would just let it go. She would just walk away and find a nice dumpster to sleep in. But this was different. They were like her; of course, these people weren't half human and half computer, like Kione, but they all seemed similar to her. Two of them, even, had the same confused expression that she had once had......

Making her decision, Kione stepped out of the shadows. No one in the small group noticed her. It's my special talent, the girl thought wryly to herself, Everywhere I go It's the same. I am ignored every time.

"Excuse me," for someone who was so good at being subtle, Kione had a voice that rang clear. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation." She didn't adress anyone by name. It would be too casual for Kione's comfort. "You can call me Kione......" The others stood, waiting for her to finish. She made an effort to sound desparate, "Would you mind, Miss.Tai, if I stayed with you for a night, as well?" Tai looked at her curiously with her cat eyes. "I really don't need mutch; just a floor will do! I don't need to be taken care of. I can even repay you by helping you out with work, or something!"

Kione knew that it was unfair to use her I'm-a-homeless-kid-and-need-a-place-to-stay act on someone she didn't even know, but her human side was curious. It would be intiresting, this adventure.....
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 07:17
"Uh, sure." Tai said, her tail twitched. She once again assumed her normal form of a shapeshifter. "Don't call me Miss Tai, just Tai. And you're all welcome to 'crash' my house, it just means to stay for a while." She cocked her head. "Don't they say that where you you guys are from?" Her comment brought a new wave of confusion to the faces of the strange beings. It was like they didn't even know where they were from.
"I-I don't know... where am I from?" One of them asked. Tai lifted an eyebrow, their common lack of knowledge was wierd. Like they didn't know anythig at all or at least couldn't remember what they had once knew.
"Right..." Tai said slowly. "Well, let's just get some sleep. We can catch up later." She started off to her place, trying not to think to much about the queer people she had befriended. This had been a most interesting day...
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 12:38
Jareth nodded, now knowing what she meant. He followed her, studying his surroundings closely. It seemed he could remember things he'd seen now, but not from before. He recalled the voices he heard, not identitfying one as his own and the other not.

He looked at Rika, wondering if she had the same problem from the look on her face. "Where is this...place?" he asked, motioning towards the surrounding city.

Nuav
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 12:58
"To tell ya the truth..." Rika stuck her hands in her pockets, "I don't know myself!" She smiled in a kind way. Staring at the buildings and new faces around her.

Where is here anyhow? Rika looked at Jareth who seemed to be staring at her face. "Is there something wrong?" She seemed puzzled by the look on his face.

She then began staring at the newcomer, Kione. She seemed to look the same was as Jareth did, puzzled. But not Tai, she was just bewildered by the others with her.

"How much farther to your home?" Rika asked finally.
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 02:37
"Here we are." Tai said proudly, finally arriving. The truth was, it wasn't much. Scraps of metal fused together to form her patchwork walls. It wasn't that big either, Wedged between two other dwellings similar in appearence. "It's not that much, but it's somewhere to sleep." She said, peeling back the tarp that acted the part of the door. Crudely wired lights flickered, providing a little light. Tai banged on the wall sharply, and the lights glowed a little brighter.

"Well, welcome to my humble home." Tai said, kicking some trash into a corner. "There's a cot in the back, a couch-- if you could call it a couch-- by the wall." She frowned, thinking. "The neighbors might have some extra blankets."

"This is fine." One of them spoke up. "But where will you sleep, we don't wish to push you out---"

"Oh, don't worry about me." Tai laughed. "I can sleep anywhere. Also, there's a gas burner over there which I use as a stove if any of you are hungry you can help yourself." With that said, Tai shifted back into the form of the tabby cat. She stretched, flickering her tail before trotting over to a small box. She circled several times before finally finding a comfortable position. "Make yourselves at home, and if you need anything let me know."...
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 06:17
Jareth looked away from Rika. Looking around to the home, he blinked. Having a little knowledge of homes, he (at the moment) thought it was greatest thing since sliced bread...of course he didn't know about sliced bread.

He walked over to the 'couch' and stared at it as if it would suddenly jump up and bite him. "Rika can have the cot...I'll just...uhm..perch myself up on a wall..." he walked over to the wall, putting one hand on it and then another, he climbed up the wall carefully and perched himself on it. Leaving the couch for Kione.

"Do you keep any insects around here?" he suddenly asked, a bit hungry.

Nuav
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 07:01
"Insects?" Tai purred, rolling over on her back as she tried to think. "Wait, actually I do. Close enough at least." She shifted once again, this time changing into a falcon-like animal. She wrapped her talons around a glass jar then flew outside. A cloud of small insects swarmed around a flickering street light. She swooped down several times, trapping the insects in the jar. She landed, returned to her normal form and screwed on the lid.
'How's this?" She asked, tossing the jar to Jareth.
"Thanks"
"No problem." She said changing into the tabby cat and returning to her box.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 11:13
Kione sighed inwardly. She wasn't hungry--she never was--, but, damn, was she thirsty. It didn't look like there was anything she could do about it, though. "Hey, Tai," Kione said.

"Yeah?" Tai stayed snuggled in her box.

"D'you have an outlet somewhere?" Kione waas wrong....she was hungry....
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 11:21
"An... outlet?" Tai asked, not comprehending. "I have no idea what an outlet is, but feel free to look around for whatever it is." She snuggled into her box. "If anyone else needs anything just look around. I've got to go to sleep, I have to work tomorrow"
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 01:48
Kione let out a breath of air. "G'night then," she said. Quietly, she searched the small area for the energy-lending outlet she desired. Kione was not surprised when she didn't find one. Well, I guess they only have them at those energy bars. Kione relied on a sourse of power besides water. She didn't know of her past, but she was certain that she wasn't all human. An 'Outlet' was a sort of battery pack that androids and other mechanical things used to 'power up'. These were sold at 'bars', but Kione usually had to steal hers since she had no money or job.

I'll find one tomorrow, Kione thought to herself as she nestled on the couch, waiting for morning to come.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 02:11
Jareth turned away from the others and munched on the insects. He set the jar down on the floor and went back to his position. Thinking to himself.

"Why did you let us come here?" he finally asked, curious, as to even with little knowledge of himself, he knew he would have not acted like her.

Nuav
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 07:12
Tai thought for a moment.
"It was the right thing to do." She said simply. "I mean, you guys wouldn't have made it through the night with all the gangs and raids and who knows what." She cocked her head. "And besides it's been a long time since I've had company and even longer since I've had friends." She left it at that. Truthfully she was beginning to rethink her decision. No one chose to come here by choice unless they were looking for trouble. It seemed as if these three were just dropped off here... It would explain their confusion. But who would want to be dropped off her. And why? What in the world was going on? Tai considered these questions for a few minutes before falling into a restless sleep.
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 01:25
Rika walked over to the 'cot' it looked comfortable enough. She sat down on it and looked around Tai's home.

"Why did you let us come here?" Jareth asked after he had finished with his flies.

"It was the right thing to do." Tai replied "I mean, you guys wouldn't have made it through the night with all the gangs and raids and who knows what. And besides it's been a long time since I've had company and even longer since I've had friends." She then went back to sleep.

"She's very nice!" Rika whispered to herself. She lay down on the 'cot' and looked at the ceiling. She fiddled with the pouch on her belt. What goes in here? And who was my friend? She closed her eyes, and drifted to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She was walking down a long hall. Followed by two men in black. "In here!" One of them stated. They opened the door and pushed her inside.

"What are you doing?" She yelled trying to get out of the men's reach. But she wasn't quick enough.

"That is for us to know, and for you to find out!" They smiled wickedly at each other. The grabbed her a placed her in a chair and chained her there.

"LET ME OUT!!" She yelled.

The men placed a helmet type thing on her head. They then placed a siringe in her arm, and out some liquid in her.

"What's that for?" She asked, starting to calm down.

"It's to help put you to sleep!"

"Why?"

"We can't remove your memories while you're awake, now can we?"

"I guess..... not..." She looked around. The room was beginning to get blurry. She tried to keep her eyes open.... but she couldn't.

[Edited on 13/5/2004 by aragornlvr912]
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 01:40
Jareth thought on it. Then went off to sleep.
~~~~

[i] He looked around, strange. He didn't seemed to be in Tai's home anymore. The surroundings were lush and green, the air was heavy with moisture. Creatures chattered in the distance.

He felt at home.

Walking around, he crouched and continued on. His feet and fingertips make soft 'plik' sounds as he entered a river. He shot out his tongue and caught a fish. Startled that he could that, he dropped the fish and is flipped back into the river. He frowned sadly.

Suddenly he heard something. Also making soft 'plik' sounds in the water. He turned looked amazed at a creature. Judging by it's hands and appearance, he figured it must have been him.

"Stupid humans. Thinking they could catch us. The clan will be safe in the jungle..." his doppelganger (sp?) said. It dipped it's head and drank silently from the river.

Jareth watched facinated for awhile, then suddenly within a second, a net was dropped over the other. Jareth jumped back in surprise and watched his former self struggle and try to tear his way out by biting at the ropes. A blond man in green and rubber boots stepped out from behind a tree with a strange gun.

He motioned towards other trees and more people came out.

"You almost got away Jareth. You're pretty smart, shame you aren't as smart as your father was, and his father before him." the blond man said with a smirk.

Former-Jareth growled and shot out his tongue, tightening it around the man's throat as he came too close. The started to choke and one of his partners ran over with a knife. Former-Jareth spotted it and drawed his tongue in quickly.

Jareth watched, wide-eyed and scared. But it seemed they didn't see him. "Your memories are needed by us, I'm sure you won't miss them." the man said, hitting Former-Jareth over the head with a gun, knocking him out.

Nuav
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 02:52
"Oh, It's you again," Kione felt a wash of deep wearyness sweep over her. There was her other self, again. Her computer part.

"Weren't you listening when we talked last night?" The other Kione demanded dissapprovingly. She looked worn out herself.

"The memories, right?" Kione combed her hands through her shaggy hair.

"Yeah!" The other Kione looked like the 'original'. "Aren't you going to look for them?!!"

"I don't feel like I'm missing anything--" Kione insisted.

"He---llo!" The other self stuck her face scant inches away from her superior. "They replaced them with me, you dolt!!"

"My memories were replaced by you?"

"Yeah, and you better get 'em back, soon or else...."

"What? Or else what?"

"You'll.....I don't know. It's bad, though...real bad." Kione's other self was touching noses with the original now, her gaze was serious.

"...I'll try," Kione was scared of that look. That look ment business. "But...what should I call you?"

"Oh....me?" The computer looked surprised. "Uhm....just call me Bob."

"Bob?"

"You have a problem with it?"

"It's a...well...guy's name, you know," Kione giggled a little. "You're a girl aren't you?"

"I don't have the ability to reproduce. Thus, I am sexless," Kione's counterpart said this with obvious egotism.

"Erm...Okay, Bob,"
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 03:48
Tai woke up sleepily, and stretched. She resumed her normal form and softly gathered up her things-- careful not to wake the others. Before leaving for work, she carefully wrote out a note telling them to help themselves to the small shelf of snacks and that the neighbors are mostly friendly. She also left them her holomap of the city in case they needed to look around for a place to eat or shop. Finally Tai grabbed an expensive cloak-- the single most expensive thing she owned, and transformed into a beautiful teenage girl. She wrapped the cloak around her so that only the lower half of her face was exposed and slipped out the door.
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 07:28
Tai kept the cloak's hood down, sheilding her blue, human eyes from the hungry gazes of the male humans who watched her walk down the crowded street. As she walked, the cape swished around her legs, sometimes revealing her shapely legs. To her personally they seemed too thin and weak, but she had discovered that male humans found it very attractive.
"Excuse me, miss." A cocky male human grinned, stepping in front of her. "May I help you?"
"Yes..." She whispered, makiing her voice soft and sweet. The human grinned even wider, his eyes lighting up.
"You look lost miss, come stay with me and my firends, we can have a little fun."
Tai forced the smirk from her face. Males. It was so easy every single time. "Yes, I'd like to have some 'fun'" She lowered her hood and looked up into his eyes, playfully brushing her hand across his cheek. "Bring friends, and my pay and I'll meet you in an hour." She cooed, giving him directions.
"Yes, of course!" The male agreed, running off to gather his friends...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tai waited in the middle of a secluded area, just away from the street. She smiled when she saw the male human walking up with six of his friends. "This will be very good pay, ebough for maybe a month!" She whispered excitedly. "Then maybe I can get a real job."
"Hello, missy."
"Hi." She replied, making her voice smalll and innocent. "Do you have my money?"
"Right here." Oneof them said, throwing down a huge bag filled with coins. Tai smiled excitedly.
"Alright then, let's get started!" She shouted, whipping off the cloak and pulling out two blaster pistols.
"Uh, boss?" One of the murmered. "What is this girl doing?"
"I'm stealing your money!" She shouted. "Now leave before I shoot you all!" The men snickered, advancing closer.
"You're not stealiing anything." One of them growled, pulling out his own weapon. The other members did the same. Tai's confident smile wavered for an instant. THis hadn't happened before. What should she do?
"I'm warning you." She said, aiming her blasters. The men laughed.
"THis isn't a game." The leader snickered. "We're here for revenge, we already knew what your about and we won't be tricked twice!"
Tai paled as several more men stepped out. She gritted her teeth angrily. She needed that money, and she was going to get it no matter what.
"Fine! Prepare yourself!" She shouted, leaping behind a trashcan and letting loose a stream of blasterfire.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 03:48
Jareth woke up. His eyes wide as he nearly fell off the wall, but managed to get a grip before hitting the floor. He looked around. The others were still sleeping and Tai was gone...gone? He looked again.

In her place was a piece of paper and some device. He jumped down and walked carefully over to it. Picking up the paper, he looked intently at it, but had not a clue what was on it. He didn't go near the device, not wanting to make a mistake.

He walked over towards the door and peered outside. Then back to the others. Figuring they wouldn't miss him for the moment, he took off.

Jumping onto one wall and bouncing back and forth over the street carefully. He took note of his directions so he wouldn't get lost. The city was amazing to him and few people seemed to notice him. It seemed not all of them were human as he spotted a strangely familier looking creature. VYSA! RUN, HIDE! he shook, wondering where the thought had come from.

The creature noticed him as well. Jareth felt threatened under it's gaze and watched nervously as a scorpion-stinger tail swished back and forth behind it. He blinked and it was gone. He shrugged it off and crawled into a secluded area. Flicking out his tongue to catch a few bugs. He settled for a rest on the wall.

Until he heard gunshots, having no idea what they were, but being alarmed by instinct.

Nuav
Ps: Vysa, copyrighted to S.H. (me) and of no importance in this RP. ^^;
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 07:19
Kione instantly sat up on the couch, sweating. She gasped for a few moments, searching hungrily for air. "Damn," her throat was hoarse. "I really need power now. An outlet." Groaning, Kione tumbled off the couch and crawled to the basket where Tai slept. She wasn't suprised to see it empty. The only person besides herself, there, was Rika in the cot.

Fine. I'll go out, too, Kione was eager for the food given by the life-essential outlet. She could feel herself getting weaker by the minute.

So she left. Kione found the note from Tai and the holomap. At least she won't care where we go, thought the girl as she shut the door behind her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What'll it be, chiko?" The bartender gave Kione an expecting look.

"I need an outlet...now," She stared at the robot through level eyes. "I will trade information."

At this, the automaton burst out laughing. It was a rusty sigh, that rattled through his aluminum ribcage, "Buah-hah-hah-ha! What information could you obtain that I would find useful, you child!? If you're going to trade, make it useful!"

"I know about the K.I.D.S," Kione wearily sighed.

"Who cares about those! No gold, no outlet; It's simple as that. Leave if you ain't payin'" The android jerked it's thumb towards the door.

"Fine," Kione smirked behind her calm mask. While the robot was talking to her, the girl had swiped an outlet. "Saianara, sucker!" she said this softly, and gave the 'droid a look that could peel paint , "See ya in hell."
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 08:23
Tai's breathing escaped in gasps as she ducked behind the barrel. She had slipped back into her normal form, but was trapped. If only I could shapeshift She thought grimly. But her full concentration was devoted to keeping herself from getting riddled with blaster fire.
"Oh, someone help me." She whispered fearfully as her blaster pistols stopped firing. The battery pack was depleated and useless. She gritted her teeth, coming to a descision. She was useless without her blasters so she was just going to have to focus enough to stay in the form of a creature that could get her out of her. She took a deep breath and shifted into the form of a great winged creature from her homeworld. With a piercing cry she flew into the sky, swooping down to grab the bag of money then take off.
"Hey, that oversized crow is taking off with our money!" One of them shouted as they turned their fire to the sky. Tai flew higher and higher, then dived towards the ground, racing back to her neighborhood. Before she made it a stray blaster bolt sliced through her wing. The pain was excruciating, causing her concentration to slip. Tai was unable to keep her form and returned once again to her normal form in midair. Without wings, she crashed towards the ground landing on some discarded crates wich did little to break her fall. The last thing she remembered was tucking the money into her shirt before blacking out.
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 12:18
See Rika, I told you I'd find you. Came a voice in her head.
Rika opened her eyes only a sliver. Light was pouring into Tai's little home. She stared around the house and saw a creature sitting on Tai's table. Arms and legs were crossed in front of it. Rika stood up. She walked over to the creature, but stood a little away from it. It stood up too. It was a few inches taller than Rika. It looked like a really tall yellow fox, but with strange markings on it's legs, and sleeve type things. "Who... what are you?" Rika asked.
The message in your pouch... I left it there!
"You..." Visions of the creature came into her head. They were playing games together, going on a walk, sitting by a pond.
I was your friend once Rika! I don't want to lose you again!
"But who are you? And why did you leave me?"
My name is Renamon. And I belive... these are yours!
She handed Rika a deck of strange cards. She looked through them once and stuck them in her pouch. "What are they for?"
I can't give you too much information at once, but in time, you shall know! Renamon started walking out the door.
"Wait!" Renamon stopped. "Why must you go?"
I have buisness to take care of! I'm sorry. And she dissapeared.
Tears went down Rika's face. Here I am, alone again! She walked over to Tai's table and sat down. There was a necklace there. It had the same strange markings that were on Renamon's fur. There was also a note:
I'll always be with you!
Rika put the necklace on and stood up. "I guess I'll go see where everyone else is." She walked outside and looked down the sidewalk both ways. She headed left and took note of directions in her head, she walked a few more feet then past and alley way. She heard moaning come from it so she decided to check it out. Lying in a pile of broken crates, was Tai. "Oh my gosh! Tai!" She carefully picked up Tai and headed back towards her house. She laid Tai on the cot and started boiling some water. She found a clean pieces of cloth and placed it in the warm water. She took it out and started cleaning Tai's cuts.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 01:08
Jareth's eyes flickered back and forth as he took off, as blur back and forth amongst the street, heading back to Tai's.

Within a half a hour, he was back at her neighbourhood. Down on the ground now, he walked ahead. Suddenly he heard voices, recognizing one, he walked towards the house and jogged inside. Seeing that Rika was awake and tending someone, he stepped closer, it was Tai. His face took surprise and was instantly beside Rika. "What happened?" his voice worried. He saw her tending to Tai, but wasn't sure what to do.

He noticed a pouch under her shirt, and having not a clue, reached out and pulled out the pouch, looking it over. "Strange, do you know what this is?" he asked, opening it.

Nuav
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 02:57
Kione headed home, to Tai's place. She had no job: no one wanted to hire sutch a young looking android. She wasn't worried about it, though. All she needed were the outlets and water. Nothing else was necissary.

She walked into the shack to find everyone else already there. "Hey, guys, what's wro--" Kione stopped. Her eyes were on Tai, who was on the couch. "What the...?"

"She's hurt," Rika said. "And badly, at that. We need to help her." Jareth was opening a large sack. The shapeshifter was barely consious, and sweating hard. Her breaths were sharp and uneven.

"What can I do?" Kione was anxious. "Maybe I cou--"

"Woah!" Jareth suddenly said. "Look at all these pretty shiney things!!" He picked up what looked like a golden coin and stared at it in awe.

"Erm...those are coins, I think," Kione said, smiling slightly at the creature's ignorance. "Looks like she got her pay-check today..."

The conversation was cut short by someone banging on the door....
Dranzer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 07:18
((If you guys don't mind I'll just start, if I'm interrupting some plan I'll edit my post. My character will be in the database soon. He's a human teenager named Tarc.))

Tarc rapped on the door again, this time harder. "Open up!"
He listened carefully, hearing muffled voices whisper among themselves behind the door. When they didn't open the door, he fired several shots into the lock.The metal sparked and sizzled and he pushed the door open still holding his gun. He blinked in surprise. Several strange beings were clustered around the bed where another lay, wounded.

"Who are you?" One of the braver beings demanded.

"My name is Tarc." He replied. "I'm a friend of Tai's. I live on the other side of the alley." He paused for a moment. "I'm assuming you all aren't here to kill her or she'd already be dead."

"What?! We'd never do that, I found her like this not far from here." One of them protested. "She let us stay here for the night, that's all."

"Right. Well, we have to go." Tarc said grimly, picking Tai up.

"What are you doing, she shouldn't be moved!"

"We have to go, something's happened and a gang's been riled up. There heading this way and we can't be here when they arrive." Tarc turned swiftly, ignoring their protests. These three didn't know of Tai 'work'. "Come on, I know of a real doctor over there anyway."...

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email