Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Digital Memories(see OOC, free2join)
on: May 17, 2004 05:27
((I think you have good timing, Dranzer ^_^.....Long live NERV!!))

"You're right," Kione admitted reluctantly. "It wouldn't be a good idea to stress her out more than necissa--" At that moment a gunshot rang not far from where they stood.

"Help me pick her up," Tarc was already lifting Tai's legs. Jareth ran for her arms. "You two should probably keep guard!" Rika and Kione nodded in agreement. "Tai keeps some weapons under the couch."

Kione scrambled to lift her one-night sleeping area. Tarc was right; a treasury of blasters and guns greeted her eyes. Lucikily, they didn't look very difficult to use. All of the weapons were packed tightly into a black suitcase.

"Hey, Rika; Catch!!" Kione called out as she flung a bulky blaster in her direction. Rika fumbled with it for a second, then seemed to come to her senses. Kione took a large gun for herself, trying to calm her nerves. You can do this, it's not that hard. Put the target in the center and pull the trigger. Put the target in thecenter and pull the trigger....

"Let's move out!" Tarc and Jareth were holding Tai between them. Kione silently prayed that the shapechanger's life would be spared.

They left the dweling behind in it's own dust....
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 05:58
OOC- Welcome to the RPG.

Jareth grasped Tai's arms firmly, but carefully. Following Tarc's actions, he felt that the man knew what he was doing more then all of them did.

"Doctor?" he muttered to himself, but dimissed it off as another thing to learn about.

He felt alarmed about the guns, having a natural instinct to fear the objects. He helped carry gentley, but speedingly. Following Tarc quickly. "A gang? As in group? Why would they be heading to Tai's home?" he asked sharply, strongly curious about Tai now. He recalled the gunshots he had heard. Where they some connection? He decided so, but said nothing.

Nuav
Dranzer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 07:14
"Yes. A gang as in a group." Tarc explained. "Those who don't... appreciate Tai's way of getting some cash."

His arms were beginning to ache, but they were almost there. He led them through the winding pathways and shortcuts as they steadily made progress towards his house and the doctor.

"Will, they come after us?" One of them asked handling the gun slightly aprehensive.

"No, most likely they'll crash the house and take off." Tarc answered.

"They are going to live in her house?"

"No." Tarc said slowly. "Crash as in crash. They're going to tear the place apart then salvage whatever they can for their own use. It's what they do to anyone who makes them mad."

They rounded the final corner, where several dwellings were packed close together. The air smelled a bit cleaner and there wasn't trash scattered anywhere. Small human kids laughed and played tag and while their moms hung up the laundry on thin wires stretched between to poles. Tarc entered the largest dwelling, knocking softly on the door.

"Oh, no!" An elderly female exclaimed. She was the only nonhuman in their tiny neighborhood, but her multiple arms and slender fingers made her an excellent medic. "Quick set her down." The lady demanded in a shrill voice as she pointed to a cot in the corner. Tarc and Jareth gently set her down while Rika was odered to fetch some warm water and Kione went to fetch some cloths. The elderly being collected the material and immediately began to work.

'Will she be okay?"

The elderly doctor turned with a frown. "Yes, now go! I will work now! Shoo!" She ordered shuffling them out of the room.

"Now what?" Jareth asked.

"Tahl is a wonderful doctor, she'll know what to do." Tarc assured them. "You're welcome to wait at my house until
she recovers. My mother can fix something for you guys to eat."
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 09:58
Jareth raised a eyebrow. "Do you live far from here?" he looked back to the door then to Tarc.

A loud 'bang' was heard suddenly from down the alley. They jumped, but Tarc seemed to know. It was from a different direction then Tai's home. Within a minute a metal gliding-object zoomed over the top of the alley. Jareth stared wide-eyed, he had seen that in his dream or something close.

"Their ship." he said, face pulling into a snarl. "Do you know who they are?" he asked Tarc. Stealing a look at the others, Rika seemed to know the ship also.

Nuav
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 11:51
"Someone...familiar..." Kione stared at the gliding ship. "That ship..." She couldn't place it, but it did look familiar for some reason.

"Traders," Narc had a bitter tone. "They capture and sell creatures against thier will. Just be glad you aren't one of them....or Tai, here. They perform experiments on humans and other living things for money."

"But," Jareth was still frowning at the fading ship. "I have been on one of those ships before."

"Well," this comment didn't seem to bother Narc. "Consider yourself lucky that you aren't on one of those blasted machines any more." The nurse-lady was busilly working on Tai behind a curtain.

"I wonder...if I was an experiment..." Kione spoke quietly.

"You'd be surprised at how many people are caught by those jerks," Narc added. "If what you're saying is true, there are a lot of people like you guys around here."

"This...is really wierd," Rika finally said. She looked as surprised as Kione felt.

So...we're all connected. Same pasts...and it looks like we will have the same future, too. We are the same, in a way, aren't we? Yes. This will be intiresting...

Kione went for more water.
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 01:50

The first thing Tai recognized was the pain. A searing fire that burned deep in her shoulder. Tai forced her eyes open. Even such a small task seemed to require so much strength. Her vision was blurry and she couldn't remember where she was. A grayish blur worked around her, methodically replacing bandages and applying a cool ointment. Tai tried to speak, to ask where she was, but her words came out in a painful hiss.
"Ah? Finally coming to are we?" A high voice quipped. "I've given you something to dull the pain, you might have some trouble with your nervous system, but you will gradually regain control...."
Tai closed her eyes as the voice continued to drone happily. She attempted to shift positions, but the fire that consumed her chest and arms left her gasping for air. Where was she? She couldn't remember anything. The dull ache of her whole body told her she had probably been through something. That would also explain why she couldn't remember anything as of the moment. She tried to sit up, but the pain was excruciating. Gun fire was tricky, just when you think the wound was healing---
GUNFIRE! memories flooded back. The men. The fight. The money. She had fallen... The money! She groaned angrily.
"Just bear with me honey." The voice interrupted her thoughts.
"Where.... am... I" Tai managed to croak.
"Oy, my name is Tahl. Tarc brought you in along with three other young people, your friends?" The voice dissolved into cheerful laughter. "Ah, yes you're here in this cluster of humans, just outside the main city. Other then you or your friends, I'm the only nonhuman around." As her vision returned Tai noticed the elderly being had multiple arms and wrinkled blue skin. Her warm eyes were large and bright. "Kids these days. Oy! Always trouble, always someone getting hurt." The doctor suddenly paused, "Yes! Oh, yes, I will send for your friends now. They will want to know of your well-being!" Tai watched the elderly doctor shuffle out of the door....
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 02:09
Rika looked away from the ships, What if they need me again? What if they didn't finish the job? Rika shook her head. They didn't finish the job! Renamon rescued me!

"Tai's awake now! But please, be gental with her!" Tahl said coming out of the hut.

"Oh my gosh! Tai!" Rika hurried into the hut. She flung her arma around her new friend. "What happened? Please tell! I don't want to lose any friends so please, what happened? Maybe I could prevent that from happening to you again!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" Was all Tai said.

"Oh! Sorry!" Rika let go of her.

"Thank.... you!" Tai said, holding her bruised ribs.

Rika sat down in the chair next to Tai. She opened the pouch on her belt absentmindedly and pulled out her cards. "So... what did happen?" She looked through her cards and found "Master Healer" and placed it on the floor. The card started to glow and then next to the card, appeared a potion.

"What's that?" Tai asked, bewilldered by the sight.

"I don't know." Rika walked over the card and potion. She picked both of them up and sat back down. She read the card out loud, "This potion will allow whomever the weilder chooses, full recovery from any sickness or desease."
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 03:51
Jareth went inside, giving a nod to Tai. He looked at Kione and Rika. Knowing that they both knew the ship, he wondered what their story was.

He looked at the potion distrustfully. For some reason be wary of it. "Heals anyone? With anything? How can we trust that..." he looked towards Tai. She looked pretty beat up, and maybe the potion would help her.

Nuav
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 05:35
"I hope you'll be okay, Tai," Kione still felt a worn out. "I think I'll rest a bit."

She pulled the new outlet from her waistband. Peeling back the skin from her lower arm, what looked like a large, arm-shaped computer chip was shone. Removing her old outlet, Kione replaced it with the new one.

"Ahhh," Kione closed her eyes and sighed with relief as new energy pulsed through her body. "That feels mutch better...."

Tai looked up from the potion bottle from witch she was heavily drinking. "I didn't know you were an android, Kione," the shapeshifter commented through a full mouth. "You didn't mention it before."

"I'm really only a half-breed. I think I'm part human...." Kione thought about the ship.

"Well, you look human enough," Tarc piped up. "I didn't know you were mecha until you pulled your skin off."

"What is...an android?" Jareth had a confused expression on his greenish face. "Or a 'mecha'"

"I think they're talking about human-looking machines," Rika took the finished potion from Tai. It promptly dissapeared. "Kione says she's only part machine, I think."

"Oh...'kay," Jareth still seemed slightly muddled.

The android herself was quite surprised about how her other friends took the news. They acted as if it were only water running off their backs. Smiling, Kione looked out of one of the windows. The sky was foggy from air polution, but she was sure she saw a ray of hope glittering down from it's murky depths.
Dranzer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 06:58
"How long does your potion take to work?" Tarc asked Rika.

"I'm not quite sure." The girl answered, shrugging her shoulders.

"Well, glad to see you're alive, Tai." Tarc said, excusing himself.

"Where are you going?" Tai asked.

"I...." Tarc's voice trailed off. "I'm going into the city. Anything you guys need from the shops?"...
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 02:27
"Yeah." Tai sighed, settling back against the pillow. 'actually, I do need a new, uh, cape." She said, feeling her face flush. "One that looks expensive..." Tarc gave her a knowing look and shook his head. "Fine then." She sighed. "I guess that's all I needed then. What about you Kione, didn't you need some type of... outlet?"
Dranzer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 07:26
"Oh right I forgot." Tarc nodded to Kione. "I have a bunch of stuff in my room if you need anything. If you dig around you could probably find an outlet. Just to make sure I'll pick you up one."

"Oh, I don't have any money---"

"Relax, my pleasure." Tarc smiled. He pulled a small device out of his pocket and set it on the table. "This is a comlink, a communication device thing. If you need something contact me and I'll pick it up." He waved, then jogged over to his house.

"Tarc? Is that you?" His mother called as he ran into his room.

"Yeah, I'm going into the city." Tarc said as he struggled to open the door. His room was cluttered with metal casings, spare wires, and discarded tools. He carefully picked his way through the scraps to his desk. He carefully loaded his goods on a small speeder bike. He had made one houseworker droid, and made repairs and upgrades to several discarded weapons and motor parts he had salvaged. Each week he went into the city to buy, trade, and sell. After chacking to make sure everything was loaded, he mounted the bike, revved the engine and took off towards the city.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 10:51
Jareth looked towards the doctor curiously. Then back to the others. He looked at the communication device narrow-eyed. It looked like the map Tai had left, yet different. He thought taking a closer look, opening his mouth to say something, he was startled as his tongue flicked out and nabbed the device off the table. He caught it out of surprise as it was dropped infront of him.

"Whoa." was all he said, then looked up. No one had noticed it seemed. Good thing...that trick could be of use... he thought to himself and proceeded to turn the device and study all angles of it.

"Where to now? Or is Tai going to...crash here?"

Nuav
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 01:11
"I guess we get to stay here." Tai sighed. "I'm sure we cold just be another couple of houses in this neighborhood. It wouldn't take us long to make a shelter. Just scavenge around for a couple sheets of metal, fuse them together and ta dah!"
Tai sat up slowly, swinging her legs over the side of the bed.
"Are you sure you should be walking?" Jareth asked, concerned.
"Rika's potion works a wonder." Tai said lightly. It was still sore, but not the consuming fire that it had been. "Anyway, call Tarc and ask him to pick up some stuff that we'll need to build."
"So you're going to live here now?" Kione asked,
"Yeah, every house I patch together isn't suppose to be permament." Tai started to shrug, then stopped because of the pain. "THis will be fun, I've known Tarc for a while, he's cool." She laughed. "Actually he's the one who did everything electric for my house."
"You mean the faulty lighting?" Someone snickered. Tai laughed even harder.
"So he's not perfect! But it still takes a genius to make something out of nothing."
"So that's his job?" Jareth asked.
"You cuold call it that." Tai said. "Alright, who's coming to see what we can scrap together?"
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 01:25
"I'll go," Kione was eager to get outside. "D'you just need sheets of metal?"

Tai nodded.

"Okay!" Kione found herself running out the doorway. She felt excited for some reason. Not only was Tarc an electrician, but he also had outlets to spare! This was the perfect situation for a droid in need. No more stealing for me, Kione thought happily as she pulled a large piece of scrap iron from under a trash bin. I'll never go hungry again!

[Edited on 21/5/2004 by Saeran]
Dranzer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 04:46
"Hey, Tarc, are you hungry?" A raspy voice called from across the road.

"I'm good." He waved to Shmi, a vendor who came to the city to sell fresh produce to it's rich inhabitants.

They were good friends. In exchange for some free fruit he had salvaged a cooling unit and repaired it. The repaired device now served as a small air conditioning unit in her small tent. In the middle of the day it could get extremely hot. He set up his own little tent of fabric stretched over thin poles. He then proceeded to lay out his goods on the mats on the round.

"Do you need help, sir?" A friendly, mechanical voice buzzed in his ear. "MTD 18 reporting for service."

Tarc smiled at his mechanic companion. A small droid who often occampanied him. The little droid hovered around his shoulder.

"Not now, Em teede." Tarc said, setting the last 'masterpiece' on the ground.

Em teede had been one of his first creations, and he was constantly upgrading and adding to the friendly robot. Just last week he had bought a pair of repulsor jets and added them, giving Em teede the ability to hover around in the air. Em teede could also speak several deferent languages and dialects, and he often served as a translator to some nonhuman customers.

"All we do now is just wait for a customer"...
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 03:09

"Look at this." Tai said happily as she dragged a large sheet on top of their pile.
"Is it enough?" Kione asked, mentally calculating. "For a basic frame" She decided. Tai rubbed her hands together, then wiped them on her pants.
"Good, let's get started." Tai clapped as they hauled it back into the little cluster of similar patched up houses. The human children watched them curiously as they borrowed something to weild and shape the metal sheets into walls of their little home.
"Whew, I need a break." Tai wheezed. Her shoulder was really beginning to ache and she felt a little dizzy...
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 05:50

Jareth had helped collect and spent the time testing and pulling on the frame to check for weak spots in the build. He looked carefully over the metal, some of it clean enough he could see his reflection in a blurry form.

He looked over at Tai, she was going to take a rest. But she seemed to sway a little on her feet. "Are you over tired?" he asked, knowing by instinct that tiredness could cause a person to loose control over movements. The fact that she had been recently hurt didn't occur to him right away...

Nuav
Dranzer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 11:56
Tarc shook his head, trying not to let his frustration seep into his voice. "I already told you, 100 coins, no less!"

"For this piece of patched together junk?" A young male humanoid replied, glancing over Tarc's repaired hyperdrive engine.

"It would cost you 500 coins anywhere else." Tarc pointed out.

"At least then I'd know it works." The teen replied, lifting his chin. "Where is the your boss, I need to ask him a few questions."

Tarc's face flushed angrily. These rich 'city dwellers' looked down upon the people from the outskirts. He also hated it when they assumed he was some servant of a city dweller here to sell his master's goods.

"I'm the 'boss'. I built and repaired everything here." Tarc replied in a low voice.

"I see." The teen said, somewhat taken aback. "Well, then, I won't be needing anything."

Tarc watched angrily as the rich teenager sauntered to the next tent of goods.

"Well, how rude!" Em teede exclaimed, his shrill audio speaker blared in indignation. "I have never seen such---"

"Get used to it." Tarc said bitterly, sweeping the droid back.

He stared at the haughty humanoid once more before a loud whoosh nearly toppled his tent. Tarc looked up as a sleek ship descended into the middle of the city square. Tarc's gaze darkened as he recognized the markings on the silver hull. It was a slave trader's ship. No doubt it carried slaves that he would wish to sell to these arrogant city people today...
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 07:05
"How's it coming?" Tai asked. They had been working hard all afternoon. She held on to the side of their house for support as she walked around the house.
"Great. We've got the walls and roof up." Rika said.
"Some of our neighbors let us borrow some cots." Jareth added.
"I found this old flashlight, and I borrowed a battery pack from Tarc." Kione said.
"Great." Tai said, impressed with their handiwork. "What else do we need? Whatever we can't find we can have Tarc pick up while he's in the city."...
Dranzer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 11:00

Tarc stood up slowly so he could get a better look at the beings from the sleek slave ship. He saw a huge, bulky humanoid as the slave trader. He waddled down the landing ramp, followed by several smaller slaves all chained together. Another identical humanoid brought up the rear. Tarc turned around, forcing himself to look away. The familiar rage swelled in his chest, but he struggled to ignore it. He knew that slave traders often picked up "street urchins" off the alleys and sold them into slavery on another planet. His older brother had 'disappered' two years ago. No one ever cared to find out, but everyone knew what had happened. In the back streets it wasn't uncommon for kids to just disappear. He shook his head trying to clear his head. He couldn't think about such things now.

"Master Tarc!" Em Teede's frantic voice shrilled, as he hovered next to his ear. "A customer!"

Tarc winced, rubbing his ear as he turned to face the customer...

MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 03:09
ooc - sorry, guys my life's been hectic w/ exams and all. Sorry, but this is the last week of testing ^^

"Well, what do you guys think?" Tai asked, looking proudly at their finished house. They were still missing a few things for the inside, like a stove, and some other electronic stuff that she had contacted Tarc to get.
"It is satisfactory." Kione said. "And it didn't take us too long either."
"Yeah...." Tai nodded, the cocked her head to one side. "Okay, excuse me for asking-- I know this might be rude, but I wanted to ask you guys some questions."
"Like?...."
"Well, no offense but you guys are kind of strange. Why can't you guys remember anything? I mean." Tai blushed. "At first I just thought you just weren't all there in the head, but now I realize you just can't remember stuff.... What's up with that?"
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 04:59
OOC- Sorry I (the starter!) haven't posted. heh...

Jareth looked with a grin on his face towards the new home. A sense of pride, even if he barely helped.

"I don't know. None of us do..I don't think..." he looked towards the others. Biting his bottom lip. "But, I remember just a few sentences from before. And dreams." his eyes glazed over with thought.

Nuav
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 12:20
((Wow... it's been a while since I've posted!))

"Okay, excuse me for asking... I know this might be rude, but I wanted to ask you guys some questions." Tai cocked her head to one side.

"Like?...."

"Well, no offense but you guys are kind of strange. Why can't you guys remember anything? I mean." Tai blushed. "At first I just thought you just weren't all there in the head, but now I realize you just can't remember stuff.... what's up with that?"

"I don't know. None of us do..I don't think..." Jareth looked towards the others, biting his bottom lip. "But, I remember just a few sentences from before... and dreams."

"It's those slave ships!" Rika said. "Most of them just pick up a few people here and there and sell them into slavery. But... certain people... they get there memories swiped. It's like that person's a threat to society or something... so they need to remove their memories so the person can start a new life. Become more usefull... they also use the information they've taken... it's like... Jareth, Kione, me... and the others... know too much."

Everyone stared at Rika in awe.

[Edited on 6/7/2004 by aragornlvr912]
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 04:14
(I'm sorry for not posting! I've been reading, tho, and just couldn't find a spot to jump in!!)

Kione had been thinking these things herself. " I...tthink I agree," she said, speaking carefully. "I know of the slave tradors. I...recognise them from somewhere. I just can't remember, you know? They...replaced my memories with something."

"And what would that be," Tai looked intirested.

"A computer, I think," Kione was mentally filling in the gaps. "I call her--it--Bob. When I dream, it talks to me."

"How strange..."
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 07:26
"Why would simple traders care what you know..." Tai though aloud. "Does it compromise your usefullness... Or are they ordered to do it by someone... higher?"
"You mean like the government?"
"Well, it's only just starting to happen." Tai pointed out. "Or, at least I've just started noticing it." She thought for a moment.
"Well." She declared suddenly. "We're going to get to the bottom of this! It's not right, and we need to do something about it."
"What can we do?"...
Dranzer
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 04:03
ooc - now that it's summer, I'm going to be busy. Just warning you guys

Tarc sighed wearily as he loaded up the remaining parts and secured them back to the speeder.

"I'm sorry, sir." Em Teede said mournfully, if it was possible for a mechanical voice to sound sad. "There just weren't any customers today."

"They're having a slave auction." Tarc said grimly. "That's why there were no customers." He tied up the last thing and wiped his forehead. "C'mon, we'll have to come back tomorrow." Tarc sighed, deactivating Em Teede. He glanced back to make sure the stuff he had picked up for Tai and her friends were still back there. Satisfied, he revved the engine and took off...
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 06:03
ooc - (I'm at my grandparents right now, they won't let me 'surf the web' so I'm just stuck w/ my e-mail for a while. I'm on a library computer today. Dranzer e-mailed me, he has a virus. He hopes to be back in about a week.)

"It's getting late, I think we should get some sleep." Tai said, stretching.
"It's not that late... It's not even dark yet."
"I know but we have to wake up bright and early tomorrow." Tai answered.
"Why?"
"I told you, I want to get your memories back." Tai said triumphantly. Her shoulders sagged when she was met with doubtful faces. "C'mon, guys! I told you I was going to help you! I just need to know where to start!"
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 10:38
"Why," Kione was confused, "are you so nice to us? You don't know us."

Tai glanced at her, "Don't push my charity. I'm serious. This sounds kind of...fun." And with that, the topic was closed.

It was time for sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey! I'm talking to you!" Bob was there.

"Huh?" For a moment, Kione was unsure of where she was. "Oh. I remember you."

"Tsk, tsk. You'd better get a move on, babe," Bob was looking at her intently.

"Why?"

"Because, the slave traders are here. It's your chance, Kione, to find what's most precious to you."

"Memories."

"Yeah. You can find them where Tarc is."

"How do you know?" Kione accused.

"I'm a computer, duh, I know, everything."

"I bet you don't."

"Just go there, okay?"

"Fine." Kione wanted to ask something. "Uhm...I really want to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Why do you want my memories to replace you? You would be gone....forever, probably. Your existance would be shattered, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah, it would," Bob paused for a few seconds. "The thing about you humans...is that you think death is a bad thing. We computers, don't really care. We are programmed with a function, and we must follow through. Failure...isn't an option. If we finish the task, eveything's over. We're done."

"Then...you must've been made to help me find my memories, right?"

Bob stood silent.

"Why would they do that? They took my memories away, and they replaced them with you, so you could help me find them? Thats so..."

"I'm leaving. See you tomorrow night."

"Wait!"

But Bob was gone.

Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 11:37
OOC- Sooo sorry for not posting. I don' have a excuse either...

Jareth was joyful at the thought of getting his memories back. But they knew so little about the situation. Why would others want their memories anyways? Why would they dump them after stealing the memories? Perhaps they were being used to collect more imformation.

Tarc had said they stole beings from around there. Were they gathering imformation on how to steal more? The ideas made his head spin. He stepped inside, taking place on the wall for sleep. He thought maybe his dream would reveal more. But that sleep was blank and void of anything.

Nuav
MirkwoodJedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 03:42
Tai roused early in the next morning. She blinked, allowing her eyes to focus in the dim light. Impatiently she shifted her form into that of the small grey cat, more adept to seeing in the darkness. She glanced around, her ears swiveling to detect the smallest sound. The others were still sleeping.... she should be to... the sun wasn't even up. She yawned and stretched, her grey fur rippling with pleasure. She cocked her head. She was already up, She might as well make use of it. She quietly slipped out of the house through the opening at the bottom of their makeshift door, her padded paws making no sound.
Once outside she trotted forward, her tail twitching nervously. She was actually quite frightened of the dark..., but she really didn't have a choice. She wanted to explore the alleys surrounding the dwellings a little closer. Besides, she didn't want to have to depend on Tarc completely.
Brayaden2007
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 10:09
I posted in the ooc...
Zedo stepped off a train at the edge of town and began to work his way in. This was a big city, and he was sure it would be difficult to find a house here. He orange hair moved slightly, stirred by the breeze. His also orange eyes followed a little gray cat as it ran down an alley. He sighed heavily, this was not what he had in mind. Besides his odd apperance of orange hair, eyes, blue pants with white flames imprinted on the bottom, and his read leather-ish shirt, the three swords strapped to his back were attracting alot of attention. he had a Buster Sword(like Cloud Strife's) strapped straight down his back, and two large samurai sword made an "X" shape over it. He also had a necklace around his neck. It was in the shape of a dragon...
(is this ok? does he sound too powerful? Also, would it be ok if he made his swords appear and dissapear at will, would you like to carry three swords with you every where. This wouldn't be any kind of attack by the way. Would it also be ok if he can summon dragons? they wouldn't be super strong, they would be like normal human size, and it would take a few seconds to do it, so he can't do it in the midst of battle.)

He then followed the cat down the alley, It would give him something to do.
When he finally caught up with the cat, he crouched down and began to scratch behind it's ears. They didn't have many domestic cats back where he came from. Why is that? he thought. He did have a memory, he just didn't unerstand it...like something that explained everything just wasn't coming to his mind. Where he use to live, he hunted evil dragons, and raised good ones. He also had a small amout of gold in his pocket his father gave to him. He told him to buy a house in this city. And he would...just as soon as he got done petting this cat. lol.
my character's page is also up.

[Edited on 28/6/2004 by Brayaden2007]

[Edited on 28/6/2004 by Brayaden2007]
Brayaden2007
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 06:54
(umm guess ill post again...)
Zedo immedatly stood up with the cat in his arms. He had heard something, foot steps was what it sounded like. Then, a shady group of thugs came aroun the cornor. "well well well, it's not too smart to go down dark alleys alone little boy." one said. Zedo just stood still as he cat purred, insults had never bothered him. "Fine, I'll leave," he said in a quiet voice(kinda like Trowa Barton's from Gundam Wing). "Not so fast," another said, blocking him. "You gotta pay up. give us you money, you swords, that silver gauntlet on you right arm, and the dragon necklace." Zedo shook his head. "You can't have any of those. My swords are my own, my gauntlet was my father's, the money i haave is for a home, and asking a Dragonia(drag-oni-ah) for his staff, well that's asking for death." As he said this, he pulled out his two samurai swords and began to twirl them around until he held them tight in his hands. The thugs immedatly began to rush him. With the cat safely in his knapsack on his belt, he jumped high in the air and came down on two of the thugs, making them fall. He twirled, slashed and spun, until all had fallen. The sight of seeing a dragoni fight was horrifing, yet beautiful. He searched the thugs, but found nothing until he came to the leader. From him he recieved two antique guns. They weren't laser guns like most, but they were guns that used bullets. They had some kind of metal placed in them so they neve had to be reloaded. He took these and put them also on his belt on the left and right. He then set the cat down and said, "Go on kitty, you'd better get home before you get hurt." but the cat did nothing, it just stared at him...
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 07:53
OOC- ........ Darn, me and my typing fingers. ^^

Jareth woke, his stomach churning angrily, he slightly winced and crawled down to the floor. Looking around and seeing that the others were asleep, though Kione seemed to be waking up. He didn't see Tai anywhere, wondering where she was now, he snatched up a spider with his new found ability. Making a face at the taste, he crept outside. People walked up and down the street, some staring as him wide-eyed as they passed. He felt nervous and stepped back inside. He decided to wait until the others woke up before he took off for a sight-seeing view.

Nuav
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 08:28
((OOC-I'm bored right now... hi Brayaden!!))

Rika woke up from a dreamless sleep. She was trying to see if any of her dreams would give her answers to her questions, but not one popped into her head. She sat up and rubbed her forehead, only Kione and herself were in the room, but Jareth was standing in the doorway. Rika sighed and walked over to Jareth.
"Morning." She whispered to him. He smiled but kept staring outside. Rika walked past him and into the strange world. She needed to take a walk to clear her mind from all of her thoughts.
The cool morning breeze swept around her as she walked off. This town seemed very quiet and empty when everyone was sleeping. Rika liked that. Not being questioned where you're from, or how did you get here. Just peace and... gunshots?
Rika walked a little faster until she came upon an alley with about 7 thugs, and strange looking man, and Tai in it.
What she soon saw amazed her. The man holding Tai had killed all of the thugs in, what looked like, one swift motion.
She was amazed at how much this man looked familiar... everything about him. Rika thought she had seen him before... somewhere in her unknown past... but she just couldn't think.
The man put Tai down, "Go on kitty, you'd better get home before you get hurt." But Tai didn't move.
The man sighed then looked up. He noticed Rika standing there but he didn't do nothing... neither did Rika.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email