Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
clarkda
Council Member
Send Message
Post Most boring Scene
on: May 06, 2004 06:02
I think that the most boring scene is the last scene in TTT.
cat
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Most boring Scene
on: May 08, 2004 03:06
i don't really think that there are boring scenes in the movies, rather, a scene that irritates me is the scene where the battle of helms deep is in full swing and it cuts to merry and pippin. Yeah treebeard is cool, but he talks so slow, and i just wanna get back to watching aragorn and legolas kick butt!
LadyOfGondor85
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 06:33
hmmmm, a boring scene...well,if I had to chose...um...when Gandalf forgets which way to go in Moria and he's talking to Frodo about Gollum. But then it picks up when Gandalf remembers,lol
tar_hazelton
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 08:46
The Two Towers scenes with Arwen. It's a good time for mid-movie discussions.
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 09:19
I didn't think anything in any of the movies was boring, except for some of the Merry-Pip storyline in TTT, i.e. Treebeard.
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 09:52
I agree about the Treebeard scenes dragging because he talks so slow(what is a shame because it means less Merry and Pippin talking). I also find the Frodo/Sam/Gollum scenes tend to drag a little. I know they are the most important scenes in the movie, but they drag, I also found that in the books as well, the same scenes tended to drag.
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 09:56
The whole Galadriel's mirror scene was a bit tedious, but the most boring for me was in FOTR when Gandalf went to see Saruman.
Eamane15
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 12:24
I never thought a scene was boring. if anything i wanted more of them and longer movies!!!!!!!!!!
Gimli_and_Gollum
Superdwarf
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 12:58
I guess there werent any scenes that were boring, just two that I didn't like. They were basically the same scene. Frodo in Rivendell when he wakes up, and in ROTK when Frodo wakes up, theres just something about them. It's a happy moment, but everything seems to be dream like and it bothers me, lol.
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 11:31
1. Legolas kills the Mûmak.
2. The Battle of Helm's Deep (yawn)
3. The Siege of Gondor (yawn)
4. The Battle with the Cavetroll (yawn yawn)
5. The Three Hunter run across the Mountains (tripple yawn)
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 12:28
I think the most boring scene within the WHOLE of the three movies was the begining of The return of the king. The whole scene with gollum and deagol was totally unnecessary. Even my mate who hasn't read the book said that she didn't need that part to understand gollum and his lust for the ring.
I recon PJ could have cut the whole scene and added the scouring of the shire!!!!!!
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 01:24
I liked the opening scene of RotK, it adds more I think (when I look to the development of the movies) than the Scouring would do.

None of the scenes bored me, though some irritated me. But that is an other topic, I guess.
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 04:02
Well, some of the Treebeard scenes got kind of boring. The part where Frodo looks into the mirror, when Wormtongue talks to Eowyn after Eothain dies...those are all kinda boring...also all the beginning of FOTR in the Shire...ewww I can't stand Bilbo or Gandalf... :yawn:
Boromir9
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 10:47
Not one scene out of all three movies are boring, best movies ever MADE!!!
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 10:15
hmm... odd. wouldn't have expected this.

I think PJ did a good job keeping all the Treebeard scenes and all his dialogue because... it shows who he is. I mean, if you're really into a movie, you feel what the characters are feeling, right? And in this case, you feel bored. Because that's what the Ents are to the "faster-paced" creatures.

For me? Well, I always struggle to stay awake for the whole Aragorn-Arwen scene with the floating down the river thing. I really would love to be able to stay awake there, but it's just so... so something. And anyway, why would ANYONE wear a dress like that?? Oh, and that might have something to do with the watching it at midnight, but that's beside the point.

No, I really thought they were wonderfully put together, and amazingly acted and done, so maybe... maybe there had to be some parts that were boring-ish? lol
Lady_Goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 02:22
FotR: Arwen and Frodo running from the Nagzgul
TTT: There were a few, but the most was probably the fight with the hyenas. I mean wargs, did I say hyenas?

Usually I think that fight scenes are boring, depending on the movie and how it's put together.
Figwit
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 09:03
Usually I think that fight scenes are boring, depending on the movie and how it's put together.

Same here, Lady_Goldberry, in general fight stuff just... doesn't interest me.
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 10:15
I am tempted to say that many of the Frodo Sam trudge seens are boring, but really, Jackson cut a lot out and they're much better than in the book...

The trip through Mordor in the book was eeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnndddddddlllllllllllleeeeeeeesssssssss!
:yawn:
:sleepy:
White_Lady_of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 11:23
I agree with you Vaya... I always find myself fast-forwarding past their scenes in TTT, and the book part was also pretty boring.

Everything else wasn't boring in the least bit... I may not like some parts, but they're not boring.
JennyMiller
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 04:47
Yeah, i nevre watch the frodo/sam things, not even the extended
Mullach
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 06:49
The trip through Mordor in the book was eeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnndddddddlllllllllllleeeeeeeesssssssss!

Definitely!

But, in the movies, the ending of RotK was starting to grate - mostly because my date was eager to go... and I was dying for a bathroom break myself!
GollumDeagol
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 07:33
I personally am bored by most of the battle scenes. Too bad for me, huh?!

I also find the scenes with Aragorn and Arwen talking to be pretty dull.

[Edited on 15/5/2004 by GollumDeagol]
Vulkhan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 10:23
Most of the Arwen/ Aragorn scenes arent really that interesting.. and I dont really like part in TTT when Sam and Frodo are with Faramir in that cave thing.
LadyOfGondor85
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 08:16
anything with treebeard.... :yawn:
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 08:38
some boring scenes:

When in TTT EE when Saruman is talking to the fat orc about where they are going to get more wood

When "Mama" puts Freda and Eothain on the horse

When Elrond and Gandalf talk in Rivendell(except that Legolas comes!!!)

When Gandalf reads the scrolls in Minas Tirith(FOTR) :yawn: :yawn:
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 09:15
I loved all the parts of all three movies, but if I had to choose the most boring scene it would be the ones involving Merry, Pippin and Treebeard in The Two Towers.
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 10:49
Caught myself that I found one scene a bit boring: the fluffy reuniting-scene in RotK, in the Houses of Healing. Too long, too many jumping hobbits, too little explanation.
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 11:22
I find most Frodo and Sam scenes in TTT and the beginning of RotK to be boring. Mostly because it's all talk. Don't kill me.
Figwit
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 10:29
Caught myself that I found one scene a bit boring: the fluffy reuniting-scene in RotK, in the Houses of Healing. Too long, too many jumping hobbits, too little explanation.

Ooooh, yes!
Nènar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 10:43
First of all, I loved the movies! But still -

As others have said before me, I can't help fast forwarding through the Sam and Frodo scenes in TTT me neither...
Maby because it really does not happen so much there, mostly walking and stuff...
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 01:03
The most boring scene for me would probably be the telepathic conversation between Elrond and Galadriel in TTT. It just seems like pointless rehashing of the story that we've been watching for the past two hours. It seems like they put this one in just to give Galadriel a part in the middle film. (And set up the Elves arriving at Helm's Deep). But all the same, unecessary. Sometimes I'll skip Aragorn/Arwen mush as well.

In FotR I'll often skip the Uruk Hai in Isengard scenes, but nothing else. And haven't found anything that bores me as of yet in RotK.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 02:07
Some times i fast forward thru the sceens with gollum, frodo and sam... Can't help it, I have a remote at home where as I had to watch it ALL at the movies.
I have said it before and will say it again I think the most boring scene was the begining if ROTK with Gollum I think the whole sceen was totally unesecary!!
Pippin_the_periannath
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 02:17
I think that no scenes were boring.

If I should pick any, then it's the Arwen/Elrond scens in TTT and ROTK, but those are kind of short so you're not really bored for that long

[Edited on 16/6/2004 by Pippin_the_periannath]
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 05:03
I think the most boring scene was the begining if ROTK with Gollum I think the whole sceen was totally unesecary!!
Oh, I absolutely do not agree with you . Maybe it should fit better in TTT somewhere, but I like this sequence. It shows that Sméagol was not evil, that the Ring corrupted him. I think the scene was meant not only informative, but also to let people have some sympathy with the poor thing.
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 10:12
I am so glad that some other people have admitted to finding some of the Frodo?Sam trek scened boring. I thought I was the only one. I actually like the battle scenes more than I did the first time I watched them. Anything with the hunky looking men, Aragorn, Legolas et all, is definitely not boring!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email