Register

Author Topic:
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
Post It Only Takes One Night....
on: May 08, 2004 08:35
.....to change things forever.

ooc: this thread is going to be about basically anything. it will have a lot to do with my newest character, (who is in the db) Lexa Key. I'd prefer only human characters, with no special powers. If you really want to have some type of ability, just PM me and let me know what it is. If you just want to have a normal character, then just jump in. I only have a few rules, which I will list below.

1.) Only join if you are willing to be devoted to this thread. No one sentence posts. Try to make them a few paragraphs.

2.) PM me if you want your character to have any special abilities, and make sure they are within reason.

3.) If you feel the need to play someone else's character, then go ahead as long as you don't go overboard and do it for your whole post.

4.) If you're not sure about something, like where the thread is going, or something like that, ask. I'll answer anything I can.

5.) Have fun!

I know that may sound like a lot, but its not. I would love to have this thread get large. I've had so many threads die on me already, I don't need another one too, lol. At any time, if anyone has any possible plot ideas, go ahead and PM me about them, or just post them ooc in your post. Thanks to anyone who joins. Also, if your char is in the db, tell us, if not, try and describe your char in your first post.

-----------------------

It took one single night, to change Lexa's life forever. She was 16 and had loved her parents dearly, and a horrible accident took them away from her life forever. Since that night, Lexa had been put in foster care. She never stayed with a family for more than a week or so, as they all thought she was too much trouble.

She hated living in the group home, because the advisors were always so cruel. She couldn't wait until she turned 18 and could leave.

Finally that day came. She turned 18 and was able to leave the group home forever. Well, I suppose she didn't leave forever, she visits the place often to see all the kids she had become close to.

She is now 19, and her life has gotten much better. She sells clothing designs to the clothing line 3rd Degree Burns, loves writing poetry and songs, and loves to sing.
---------

Lexa woke up feeling refreshed, glad she had gone to bed early the night before. She looked at the clock, which read 8:42. "Better get up" she spoke aloud.

After a quick shower, she threw on a pair of baggy camo pants and a black t-shirt that said 3rd Degree Burns on the front in intricate letters that seemed to morph all together.

Her long black hair, which was streaked with blood red and deep purple, rested gently on her back in soft curls. After lining her brown eyes, with black eyeliner and changing her the stud in her lip to a ring, she threw on her black vans and ran out the door with her skateboard.

"Hey Jack." She said to her neighbor who was outside chasing around his daughter Claire. He had always been so kind to her, and never minded that she had two eyebrow piercings, a nose piercing, and a lip piercing, not to mention her 6 tattoos.

"Hi Lexa, off to the group home?" He caught the little blonde girl who was giggling wildly.

"Yea, today is Amy's birthday, so I thought I'd stop by."

"have fun."

Lexa smiled. "Yeah, you too. Bye Claire." The little girl waved bye as Lexa jumped on her skateboard and headed for the home.

On her way she passed a few people, all of which who looked at her oddly, seeing all her tattoos and piercings. She ignored them and kept on her way.

As she turned the corner to get on the right side of the block for the group home, she collided with someone going the opposite way. "Oh!" She fell off her board, which continued rolling down the sidewalk. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." She extended her left hand, which had a crescent moon paired with a star tattooed between her thumb and forefinger. Upon her wrist was the elven writing from the 'one ring', and farther up was a dragon coiled around her upper arm.

On her right arm, she had tattooed an anarchy sign surrounded by a spider web between her thumb and forefinger, and a dagger, which had flames surrounding the bottom of the blade, and a vine coiled around it, up to the hilt. The only tattoo that was not visible was the one of the pheonix which covered her whole back and had the word Blaze written under it in flames.
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: It Only Takes One Night....
on: May 09, 2004 11:56
*Buzz* Stupid alarm! Tessa reached over from her bed and hit the snooze button.

"You better not have pushed that snooze!" came an annoying voice through the door. It was the landlord of the apartments, Frieta. "You've been late for work the entire week! If you don't work, you won't get paid! And if you don't get paid, I don't get the rent! And If I don't get rent, you're leaving!" She stormed off.

Yay? Well it's not like I love it here! She fllipped off her covers and stood up. She walked over to her drawers and pulled out her black belly shirt, with a skull on it, that said 3rd Degree Burns underneath it. And her black pants that were ripped at the knees.

She opened up her cupboard and grabbed a packet of brown sugar and cinnamon Pop Tarts. She grabbed her skateboard from the closet and left her apartment.

She hopped on her skateboard, and headed towards her job at The Magic Box.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Owww!" Tessa had just been knocked of her skateboard by another skateboarder.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" The girl said holding out her left hand. Which was covered in tatoos.

Tessa grabbed the girl's hand and was pulled up. "It's all right!Cool tatoos by the way!" Tessa had a few of her own.

She had a red dragon wrapped around the fore arm of her right arm, a pentacle on her left arm close to her shoulder, and some elvish design on her back right at her waist.

She also had both of her ears covered in peircings, her tounge was peirced, and so was her belly button.

"Where are you off to in a hurry?" Tessa asked grabbing her and the other girls skateboard.

(( Here's my character: http://councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=3093 ))

[Edited on 12/5/2004 by aragornlvr912]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 09:59
Daniel watched with an amused grin as two girls skateboarding outside collided. One helped the other up, gushing apologies as the other did the same. Both were covered in tattoos and piercings, and the noise they made was earning them several odd glances from the customers in the small cafe.

"Daniel... what are you doing?" He flinched at the tone of the familiar voice- Ronny, his boss, always seemed to catch him when he was off in his own little world.

"Nothing, sorry," he said, quickly going back to wiping a messy table.

"Exactly. Don't do it again." Daniel rolled his eyes- it couldn't be later than 9:00 am, and hardly anyone was there. Not normal considering their usual breakfast rush. Oh well, he thought, shrugging. I'm not complaining.

The bell above the door jingled, and another entered- whom he attempted to ignore. This was hard, however, as the newcomer had quickly latched onto his back.

"Hello, Danny my favorite big brother," the girl said loudly, in an attempt to annoy him. And it worked.

"Alyssa... get off... I don't want Ronny to see you hanging on me..." She giggled and backed off, but not without ruffling his light, sandy-brown hair playfully. He gave an exhasperated sigh- his mother always told him to cut it whenever he saw her, but he refused. In truth his own hair reminded him a bit of Shaggy's from Scooby Doo... not that he would have it any other way. He remembered the last time he cut it... and shuddered.

"Morning!" his sister, two years younger than he, said in a cheery voice. "You look particularily cute today," she said as he ran his fingers through his hair to get it to settle down where she had messed it up.

"Thanks. Why are you so happy?" he asked, finishing the table. She shrugged, running her fingers through her own brown curls.

"Dunno. Did you see those girls outside?" He nodded.

"They didn't get hurt, did they?" he asked. Alyssa shook her head.

"Nope! Never understood what everyone's fascination with skateboards is these days, though..." she sighed and settled into a chair at the recently-cleaned table, straightening the long, wrap-around skirt she wore over jeans, her many bracelets moving down her slender wrists. Honestly, he would never understand her taste in clothes...

"Hey! You know what tomorrow is, riiiight?" she asked, a giant grin on her face. He rolled his eyes- as if he hadn't heard it a million times already.

"Not a clue," was his sarcastic answer.

"It's my nineteenth birthday, silly," she said. "And since I'm the birthday girl, bring me something eat- I'm starving. And something to drink." He left with a sigh to get her favorite breakfast- a giant cinnamon roll and apple juice, both warmed up.

He didn't mind the teasing, though sometimes it grew annoying. His sister was currently the person that mattered to him most- he was happy now that she was finally out of the house and into his little apartment, where he had been living for the past three years- things at home surely weren't getting better, and he knew how she delt when it was tough. He shook his head to get rid of those thoughts and took her food back to her.

"Thanks very much," she said, smiling warmly before digging into the cinnamon roll.

"Whatever," he answered, though he smiled as he said it. He left her to see to the other customers, hardly noticing as someone else entered the cafe.

((I hope that works for you. Just so you know, there's no profile for either of them as of yet. ))
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 03:51
((hey, great char aragornlvr912, and great posts both of you. Oh, funny thing, I almost had Lexa's last name be Summers, lol.))

"It's all right! Cool tatoos by the way!" the girl said.

"Thanks. I like yours too. Hey," she said, noticing the 3DB shirt. "You like that clothing line? I actually design it. That one's one of my favorites." She smiled.

"Where are you off to in a hurry?" the girl asked grabbing her and the other girls skateboard.

Lexa took her skateboard, "thanks. I'm actually heading out to the group home. I lived there after my parents died and today is a little girl named Amy's birthday. I thought I'd stop by and wish her a happy birthday. Then I have to stop by the 3rd Degree office and drop off my new designs. Hey!" She began rummaging through her backpack. "Would you tell me what you think of them? I've got a few minutes to spare, and I should probably pick something up for Amy at the diner anyways. She always loved those cinammon roles." She handed the papers to her.

"I should probably introduce myself, I'm Lexa, Lexa Key. Most people call me Blaze."

Lexa extended her hand, and the girl did the same. "I'm Tessa Summers."

"Nice to meet you, well, collide with you anyways."

Tessa looked down at the papers. There were three of them, each with a sketch of a different style of shirt on it. The first had a t-shirt that was held together on the sides with safety pins, and had a picture of a pheonix on the front, with the 3DB logo on the back, (a big three with the degree sign by it and a line through it, creating the B - ((hard to explain, I'll try and get a picture up, cause I actually designed something like it.))

The second one was a hoodie with dragons on both arms, a bleeding heart right where the wearers heart would be, and 3rd Degree Burns written across the bottom of the back in flames.

And finally, the third one was a backless halter that tied once around the neck, and three times in the back. The front had lightning bolt type designs on it, and a large bat, who's wings were made of flames. The 3DB logo was subtly hidden within the flames.

((okay, tell me what you think, and then lets go into the diner, that way we can meet up with Daniel and stuff, that way everyone gets included in the thread! Thanks again, and keep up the good posts! Find anyone you think might be interested, and see if they'd like to join. I'm thinking about having Lexa look for band mates and get a band started.))
~One_of_the_Dunedain~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 12:13
((This looks like a lot of fun, not like any of the other threads about LOTR and stuff.))
---------------
Anna Sanders' life was not the life of your average everyday
teen, her father left when she was fourteen,leaving her mother to raise her, her 12 year old twin sisters, and her 16 year old brother, with practicly no money whatsoever. She had learned to live life the hard way,
5 years later and life is much better, she goes to a community college and has a job in photagraphy, she also plays the guitar, and adores music.
----------------
Anna woke up to the sounds of a vaccum cleaner in the hallway and her alarm clock sounding off, she sleepily smacked the alarm clock in effort to get a few more minutes of sleep, she turned over so she was laying on her back and thought, darn, can I not sleep in one day... she got up and popped a couple of peices of toast into the toaster.

Anna pulled a black t-shirt that said, " Second to die " on it, and a pair of baggy black pants out of her dresser, then changed into them.
She pulled her black and pink hair behind her back and brushed it.
Going back into the kitchen her toast popped up...burnt of course...she threw it away and said...oh well, "I guess I'll just get something somewhere where they can cook..."

She took one look around the apartment to see that everything was turned off, picked up her headphones, shut and locked the door, and walked down the road a bit to see a couple of girls, looked about her age, skateboarding. "hey." she said as they passed her, she looked down the road and saw a cafe, gladly opened the door and ordered a muffin and a coffee, she sat down at a table and ate it.

Edit- Forgot to add her history.

[Edited on 11/5/2004 by ~One_of_the_Dunedain~]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 03:22
((Hey guys, my computer crashed and I don't know how long it'll take to get fixed... so I'll come in early on mornings as often as I can. ))

Daniel watched as another girl, wearing baggy black pants and a black shirt, entered the cafe. Her hair was pink and black- something that made him smile.

You don't see that every day, he thought.

She ordered a muffin and coffee, and sat at a table near his sister.

Alyssa watched her with intrest as she ate her muffin. Daniel came over with a frown.

"Lyss... don't stare." She rolled her eyes before turning around to introduce herself to the girl.

"I'm Alyssa... do you come here often? I haven't seen you around before. And this is my brother Danny, who is being a bit of a jerk right now." His jaw dropped, but he quickly closed his mouth and put on a smile.

"Don't listen to her, she likes to get me in trouble with the boss." Alyssa giggled.
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 12:18
"Those all look like great ideas! I'll be sure to buy them as SOON as they come out!" Tessa smiled at her new bud. But when she looked at her face, she looked familiar... and her name sounded familiar too.

"So, like how far away is the group home? Cause I think there's like one close to where I work. Is it close to The Magic Box?"

"Yeah! Actually it is! Just like a block or two away! You wanna go with me?" Lexa asked.

"Sure that sounds great! But can we go inside here first? Cause I just had a Pop Tart and that isn't very filling!" Tessa pointed to the diner they were standing outside of.

"Fine with me! We can't be too long though. Why don't we order to go?"

"Oky doky!" Tessa opened the door to the diner and her and Lexa walked inside.

Tessa walked up to the counter, and asked the boy working there, "Can I have a toasted everything bagel with cream cheese, to go please?"

"Wow you've got that memorized!" Lexa said.

"Well, if you're always on the go, you should have a diners menu memorized!"
~One_of_the_Dunedain~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 01:07
Anna looked up at a girl a couple of tables away who was staring at her, "Lyss... don't stare" said the boy with her, "Don't worry about it, I get it all the time." said Anna smiling, "I'm Alyssa... do you come here often? I haven't seen you around before. And this is my brother Danny, who is being a bit of a jerk right now." Anna grinned and said, "Hi, Alyssa, I'm Anna, Anna Sanders." she took another bite out of the muffin and swallowed, "I live just down the road in one of those apartment complexes, I have for a year, but its the first time I've come to this diner." she looked toward danny and said, "I'll have to come back again, the service here is awesome." she said as danny blushed.
The two girls from down the block came in and ordered their breakfast to go.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 04:44
((okay, OotD -that's your new nickname One of the Dunedain, lol- i love that avatar!))

Lexa smiled, glad she liked the new pieces. As they were walking in, she added. "You know, I can probably snag you a few as soon as they get printed up. I do it all the time for myself."

They entered the diner and she noticed the boy staring at Anna. She laughed and ordered a cinammon roll. "Can I get one cinammon roll to go? Wait, can I actually get like a dozen? I'd hate to exclude anyone."

Lexa turned to Tessa and whispered, "You know, from the diner, you can see perfectly the spot where we collided. I wonder if anyone noticed." She laughed at the thought of someone watching them collide, wondering what would have been going through their mind.

She sat her bag on a stool and started to replace her drawings, catching the eye of ........

((I'll leave it up to you who sees them. If you want you can all see them, whatever. Lol. and foshpickle, don't worry about it, we'll keep your character, well, characters alive. You can count on it.

I failed to mention that I have a pic collage up in Lexa's profile. Lemme know what you think about it. Also, I started an ooc thread in the ooc section, same title with ooc at the beginning. Go there with any questions or idea for the story line.))

[Edited on 12/5/2004 by Flash]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 03:29
((One thought- it's a cafe, not a diner. ))

Alyssa watched her brother go off to serve the two girls who had just crashed in the street. She then turned back to Anna.

"So you live down there? Odd... so do my brother and I and I'v enever seen you yet..." they both laughed. "Strange how things work. So are you going to a college around here or something?"

Danny had given the new girls their orders, and just happened to be walking by when one of them pulled out some sketches and began organizing them. He couldn't help but lean over her shoulder.

"Those are pretty good," he said softly. He was instantly reminded of some of his sister's work. "What are they for?"

((Danny is kind of the opposite of the rest of you guys- I'd say preppy, (not in a bad way) but not quite..... lol. Just so you know.))
~One_of_the_Dunedain~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 04:05
Anna finished her muffin and coffee and replyed to Alyssa "You do? I've never seen you guys either!" they both laughed, "So are you going to a college around here or something?" Alyssa asked, "Actually, yes, I'm going to that community college a couple blocks down the road. And I do photagraphy for advertising for hot topic." she said half-smiling "What about you?"

[Edited on 13/5/2004 by ~One_of_the_Dunedain~]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 03:26
Alyssa smiled in return. "I'm actually not in college yet, I'm just living with my brother. When school starts up again though I'll be going for a graphic arts degree of some sort. I also want to take some English classes, so I can be a writer as well."

((Sorry it's so short... lol...))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 08:56
((Catie Brines (who prefered to be called Cat or Cate) is 5' 3" with sandy blonde hair, blue eyes and an attitude when you mess with her. No tattoos or anything like that...she's got this thing about unsterilized needles.))

Catie slung her backpack over her shoulders and ducked out of the house before her overbearing mother could see her and hollar at her for not doing her chores earlier. 'Honestly,' she thought, mounting her bike and heading towards the University. 'I'm 19, fer Pete's sake! I don't need to be mothered anymore!'

Her stomach growled at her, informing her that she was not going to make it through her 12:00 class without eating. She checked her watch. 10:00. She had time.

Her bike's brakes shrieked as she pulled to a stop outside a small cafe. Locking her bike up, she entered the cafe and grabbed a seat. She looked around curiously, noting four other girls and a guy who seemed to be working there. Catie picked up the menu and absently jingled the change in her jacket pocket as she read the menu.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 05:39
Lexa looked up to Danny. "Oh, these are my designs. Well, that might make more sense if you knew what they were for." she laughed. "I'm in charge of the designs for the clothing line 3rd Degree Burns." She pointed to her shirt.

She glanced at the clock. "Oh! Tessa, we should get to the group home. Amy is probably wondering where I am." She stood up from the stool, grabbing her order. "It was nice meeting you guys, You can count on seeing me again."

She left the cafe with Tessa, heading for the home.

They arrived quickly, having skateboarded the whole way. When they walked in, Lexa was nearly toppled over by a little blonde boy. "Hey Riley." She ruffled his hair. "Tessa, this is Riley." The boy looked to Tessa, holding out his hand.

"Hi! I'm Riley!" He spoke all excited. He had big blue eyes and couldn't have been older than 9 or ten.

((Riley is an open character. Mostly I see him as a realy outgoing little boy who's extremely hyper.))
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 10:34
Danny waved to the girl as she left, hoping that perhaps next time he might at least have a chance to ask her name. BUt no time to ponder that now, there was a new customer to attend to. He glanced towards Alyssa as he made his way over- she was happily chatting with the same girl as she was five minutes ago. For some reason his mind wandered to what he was going to do for her birthday- since tomorrow night was a weekday he hadn't had anything planned, though he was thinking about a surprise party for that Saturday. For some reason turning nineteen seemed very important to her.

The sound of change jingling in the pocket of the customer he approached brought him out of his mind. Putting on a cheery smile that made his hazel eyes shine, he stopped by her table.

"Are you ready to order?" he asked.
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 05:21
((I changed Ivy’s age, she’s 14 now, almost 15… it seemed to suit her better))

“Hey Amy!” A tall girl with dark red hair hopped on the foot of the sleeping girls bed. “Amy! Wake up!”

“What?” Amy asked groaning, “It’s too early…”

“Actually it’s almost 10 o’clock, Miss Lark let you sleep in but I’m bored out of my mind so I’m waking you up.” The tall girl replied matter-of-factly, her raspberry lips parting in a wicked grin.

“Ivy…” Amy groaned rolling over. Ivy laughed and hopped off the bed, taking Amy’s sheets with her. Amy moaned and sat up, rubbing her hazel eyes. Looking up at the older girl she put on a stern face, glaring at her. Ivy returned the look with her sparkling green eyes and then they both laughed.

“Come on,” Ivy said grabbing her hand. “Let’s go get some breakfast.”

As they ran down the stairs, taking the steps by twos and threes Ivy continued to talk. “After all,” She said between breaths. “It’s not every day you turn 14, but don’t think that that means that you’re besting me. I’m turning 15 in two weeks so there.”

Amy laughed but didn’t reply. As they neared the kitchen the pair caught the words of a small group at the front door. Ivy knew one of them, Riley, the tiny ten-year old, but the others she did not know.

“Hey Riley." One of them said ruffled his hair. "Tessa, this is Riley."

"Hi! I'm Riley!" He spoke all excited like he always did. The hyperactive little boy shook the hand of the one introduced as Tessa eagerly, his bright blue eyes shining.

“Hey Amy…” Ivy said catching the shorter girls shoulder. “Who is that?”

“Hum?” Amy asked tearing her eyes away from the open kitchen door. “Who is who?”

“Them.” Ivy said gesturing towards the much older girls. Ivy shook her head and began to shrug when she stopped, her hazel eyes going wide. Suddenly she broke into a run, her blonde curls flying after her.

“Lexa!” She yelled, a huge smile on her pale face. The small girl flung her arms around one of the visitors, laughing merrily.

“Amy!” The girl called Lexa cried, her face a mixture of surprise and delight. “Happy birthday!”

Ivy stood back, feeling slightly out of place. She tucked a lock of her auburn hair behind her ear and clasped her slender hands behind the back of her pale green nightgown. As she watched the happy reunion her mind inadvertently drifted back to a time when she had a home, a family. Sighing softly the tall girl shifted her weight from one foot to the other, waiting as the two caught up on old times. Suddenly Ivy caught her own name.

“She’s new here. She just got placed about a month ago.” Amy was saying, pulling a hand through her unruly blonde curls. “Come here Ivy, I want you to meet Lexa.”

Ivy padded over to the group, her bare feet making no noise on the wooden floor. Looking up at Lexa out of her bright green eyes she felt a smile rise on her soft lips.

“Nice to meet you.” Ivy said politely, her many freckles standing in sharp contrast to her rather pale complexion. Not that she was any where near as pale as Amy, whose face was most often compared to porcelain. Nor did her hair have any of the body that Amy’s did not to mention no curls to speak of. Ivy often felt ugly in comparison to Amy, but that never stopped the two of them from becoming fast friends over the weeks she had come to the group house.

((That’s all for now, I hope it’s ok))
Krissonia
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 07:19
Mariska walked slowly down the road to the home. It was just 2 weeks since she had finally left it, but she was already self-suffiant, working freelance for a jewelry brand. she shared a small flat with a girl called elizabeth, but her life was lonley and tiring. she knew it was amys birthday though, and had made a special effort, staying up until the early hours designing and making a silver necklace, designed like a vine curling round her neck, with 'AMY' woven into it. It was in her pocket now, wrapped in silver paper.

As she walked up the drive, she noticed two skateboards by the door. One she recognised as Lexa, the other was new. She found the owner inside with Lexa, Amy and Ivy. Amy turned at the sound of the door opening, and ran over to hug her.
"Mariska!" she squealed her face slightly mufled in Mariskas jumper, "you came!"
"sure did kiddo," replied mariska, " Happy birthday."
She straigtened up and fished the silver package out of her pocket.
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 11:30
They arrived quickly, having skateboarded the whole way. When they walked in, Lexa was nearly toppled over by a little blonde boy. "Hey Riley." She ruffled his hair. "Tessa, this is Riley." The boy looked to Tessa, holding out his hand.

"Hi! I'm Riley!" He spoke all excited. He had big blue eyes and couldn't have been older than 9 or ten.

"I'm Tessa, as Lexa had just said!" She shook hads with Riley.

Suddenly a younger girl ran up to Lexa, her blonde curls flying after her. “Lexa!” She yelled, a huge smile on her pale face. The girl flung her arms around Lexa laughing.

“Amy!” Lexa cried, her face a mixture of surprise and delight. “Happy birthday!”

"Who's she?" Amy asked now looking at Tessa.

"That's Tessa... I sortta ran into her on my skateboard this morning!" Lexa grinned.

"Pleasure to meet you!" Amy said. She held out her hand.

"Nice meeting you too Amy!" Tessa shook hands with Amy.

Amy then started talking to Lexa about all sorts of stuff. Tessa looked around the home. Just like I remember!

"I want to meet Ivy, she’s new here. She just got placed about a month ago.Come here Ivy, I want you to meet Lexa.” Amy said, motioning a girl to come.

Anther girl walked over to Lexa and Tessa, she had dark red hair, and a lot of freckles. “Nice to meet you.” Ivy said politely.

Tessa looked at her studded watch/bracelet. "Oh my gosh! Shoot! I'm all ready late for work!! Sorry Lexa, but I REALLY got to go!! It was nice meeting you all!! Have a happy birthday Amy!" Tessa started out the door, "Oh and Lexa, if you want you can stop by later when your done!" Tessa hurried out the door and grabbed her skateboard.

She hopped on it and went down the block a little ways. She stopped out side a blue-bricked building. She jumped off her board and rushed inside. "Sorry I'm late Dave!"

"That, will be the LAST time I will tolerate you being late!" Dave's voice was stern, but his eyes were laughing.

"I'm sorry! I ran into a girl and..."

"No more excuses! Now get behind that counter! It's been a mess without you here!"

Tessa set her skateboard and her bookbag behind the counter. She stared around the shop. "Spell" books lined the shelves of bookcases, Wiccan jewelry hung from little dragon statues, spell ingrediants, specimens, and other odds and ends stuff were in the glass case, which was the counter.

A costumer walked in. Dave walked over to him and said, "Welcome to the Magic Box! How may I help you?" Dave and the costumer got into some long and boring conversation about goths, while Tessa went into her office.

[Edited on 17/5/2004 by aragornlvr912]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 01:12
Catie looked up as the young man who worked there walked over to her table and asked if she was ready to order. His smile touched off a faint answering smile from her as she tapped the menu against her thumb.

"Yeah, I think so," she replied after a moment of consideration. "I'd like the eggs Benedict and a bagle with cream cheese, please."
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 06:02
((had an idea for some suspense and mystery in the thread, check out the ooc))

Lexa hugged Amy. "Happy Birthday kiddo." She smiled as she was introduced to Ivy. "Hi." She then smiled at Mariska, who had just walked in. "hey, Mariska, this is Tessa." they were introduced to each other, saying hi.

"Oh, I brought you guys some cinnamon rolls." Riley began bouncing up and down at the thought of cinnamon rolls. "Calm down you little twerp or you won't get any." Lexa laughed as Riley made his 'i'm so angry' face.

"I'm not a twerp, you are!"

She ruffled up his hair, "okay, whatever you say."

Tessa looked at her studded watch/bracelet. "Oh my gosh! Shoot! I'm all ready late for work!! Sorry Lexa, but I REALLY got to go!! It was nice meeting you all!! Have a happy birthday Amy!" Tessa started out the door, "Oh and Lexa, if you want you can stop by later when your done!" Tessa hurried out the door and grabbed her skateboard.

"Okay, I'll see you later then." Lexa turned her attention to Ivy, Riley, Mariska, and Amy. "Okay, lets get into the kitchen and eat."

They all went into the kitchen, and Lexa grabbed plates while everyone else took a seat. She put a roll on everyones plate, sticking a candle in Amy's. "I've only got one candle, so it'll have to do." She lit the candle and they began to sing happy birthday. Unfortunately, before they were finished, Riley blew out the candle for Amy.

"What?" his blue eyes looked at everyone so innocently. "I thought you needed some help."

Everyone started laughing and Lexa picked Riley up, hanging him upside down. "See, you are a twerp." She set him back down. "Well Amy, I hoped you had already made your wish."

Amy smiled. "My wish already came true."

"And what was that?"

"I wished to have someone I could look up to as an older sister. And I got you."

Lexa looked at Amy, tears in her eyes. "Amy, you're going to make me cry. You know I don't like to cry in front of other people." She laughed and hugged her.

"Hey, I have an idea. Why don't we all go out to the mall or something? We can go see a movie, buy some things. Have fun."

Riley sat up. "Man! I have to go to the dentist today! This tooth has to come out." He opened his mouth and wiggled a loose tooth.

"Well, I'll take you another time then. Amy, Ivy, Mariska, what do you say, you up for it? Unless you have to work or something Mar." ((Is it okay if she calls her Mar?))
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 07:27
(OOC: Bronson is a bounty hunter. He's 22. Not much else to talk about.)

Bronson took his hands out of the pockets of his black trenchcoat. He held a small phone in his hand.
"Hamilton. Nope," he said pressing the off button. He stuck it back in his pocket and looked up. It was hot. Unusually hot. He looked over across the street to a small diner that looked appealing. He crossed the street and was passed by a couple of girls on sakteboards. He made his way into the diner and walked up to the small counter.

"Can I help you?", said a young girl behind the counter.

"Yeah. Can I get a tea?"

"Tea? Looks like you'd need a beer."

"Already had one too many."

"Well then, how about some coffee?"

"That'd be fine," he said takign out his wallet and opening it up, "How much?"

He paid for the drink and sipped it slowly. It was goign to be a long night tonight. His bounty had come in earlier this week and he was intent on finding the bounty before he caught wind of Bronson being here and skipped town... again. This bounty was particularly hard to pin down. He was almost as good as Bronson.
Bronson took another sip of coffee. As he was drinking, his eye caught someone walking down the street. Bronson reached into his coat poicket and drew out a small crumpeled piece of paper and a color photo. This was a faxed B&W photo and color photo of the bounty taken at differnt times. He peered at them then back to the man walking outside. He had a match. He stood up and walked slowly outside looking carefully both ways to see if anyone was in the way then silently walked up behind the man. He placed a hand on the mans shoulder and spun him around. He had caught the man by suprise and he looked fairly concerned.

"Mr. Ransom I presume?"

"Yes?" the man said cautiously.

"You're under arrest."

The man jumped back and slung Bronson's hand off.

"For what? I didn't do anything. And who are you? You don't have a badge."

"One question at a time." Bronson said, "For the first one, the only crime I'm concerned with is you skipping bail and skipping town. And that should answer your second question as well. I am a bounty hunter. We won't bother with courtesy, you don't need to know my name. If you want me, you can address me as 'sir'. Is that clear? And as for my badge," he said pulling out his wallet, "There it is."

He waved the shining gold plated badge in the man's face and he visibly started to shake.

"I'll make a deal with you. I'llp ay you anything. Just don't take me back."

"I have to fulfil my duty to my employer. I take you in, I get paid. My contract is completed. After that, we can talk. I get paid for takign you in. They didn't say I couldn't take you back again."

The man broke into a smile. "You sure do know how to do buisiness," the smile dissappeared and in its place a scowl, "but this deal doesn't profit me in the least. I decline your kind offer."

"Bad choice."

"Try me." he said reaching into his waist band and pulling out a small 9mm handgun, "I ain't going back."

"Yes you are."

The man brought the pistol up level with Bronson's face, "don't tempt me."

"You have two choices. Put the gun down, come with me nicely and noone gets hurt."

"The other..."

"Pretty much the opposite of the first, but you still coem with me."

"Is that a threat?"

"Thats a promise."

"Is that so? Well it'll be kind of hard to beat me with a piece of lead in your head."

The man's finger began to flex, but Bronson was already in action. He jerked the man's finger back and dislocated it. He grabbed the spout of the gun and stripped it from the man's hand. He brought the butt of the gun down on the man's head. The man went limp and fell to the ground. He rolled the man over and cuffed him behind his back and began to search him. He suddenly became aware of the small crowd that had gathered. He pulled the man up to his feet. The man was in a stupor, slowly recuperating from the hit. Bronson marched him up the street and into the diner where he set him at his table and resumed his coffee as if nothing had happened.

A moment later a waitress came over.

"W-w-w-would you l-l-like anythign else, s-s-s-sir?"

She was pale and shaking.

"No ma'am," he said, "I'm fine."

The girl heaved an audible sigh and walked away. Bronson's prisoner let out a groan and slumped down in the seat. Bronson took another sip of coffee. He felt better already.

[Edited on 15/5/2004 by Morion]

[Edited on 15/5/2004 by Morion]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 03:38
"No problem," Danny answered. He jotted down her order on his notepad, though he didn't really need it as the order was simple.

As her brother relayed the message to the cook, Alyssa happened to glance at the clock and with a small gasp realized she was going to be late if she didn’t get out quick. She quickly rose from the table, for a moment debating whether or not to say goodbye to Danny- but in the end she decided to leave. It would be best.

Rushing out the door, she pondered her situation to herself as she walked to her car- a blue dodge neon. But once again she found herself cursing her limited knowledge of motor transportation as she turned the key- instead of starting; it emitted a fearful grinding noise. She swore at it and tried again, looking at her orange sports watch- she had fifteen minutes to get to a place that would take her a half hour even if the car was working. But try as she might the car simply wouldn’t start and she gave up.

“I guess I’ll just call him then,” she sighed, pulling her cell out of her purse. She pushed speed dial five- one was the apartment she and Danny shared, two was his cell phone, three was her mom’s house and four was her dad’s- and waited. It rang… and rang… and rang. Finally the answering machine picked up. She mouthed the words of the familiar message, waiting for the beep.

“Eric… it’s me, Lyss. I’m going to be la…” she paused to consider what she was about to say, then decided she really didn’t feel like seeing him today. “I’m not going to be able to make it. Car trouble- you know the neon’s a piece of junk. I’m probably just going to hang around town, do some shopping, whatever. I might go home, I don’t know. Anyways, I’ll call you tonight. Sorry again… love you.” She hung up and sighed. She had been dating Eric for almost a year now, and somehow had managed to keep Danny from knowing because she knew he would have a fit. Eric wasn’t the sort of guy he would want to see her with- secretly she enjoyed the fact that her brother cared enough to be overprotective, but sometimes it got out of hand. She kept telling herself she would tell him later… maybe tomorrow… or next week… But then again, Eric wasn’t always worth lying to Danny. In fact, he hardly ever was. She sighed again as she got out of the car.

“I suppose I should get the groceries,” she said to herself. She headed down the street, walking in the direction of a nearby grocery store.

Along the way, she noticed a small crowd had gathered. Eagerly making her way to the front, she frowned at what she saw- a man in a black trench coat, handcuffing another. Her frown deepened- since she was six she had been told that police weren’t the best people, (to put it lightly) and from what she had seen with her parents she agreed. Nevertheless, she had missed the beginning of the incident and wondered what he had done. She followed the man into a nearby diner and carefully took a seat a few chairs away. A nervous waitress watched him as he sipped his coffee. The man he had arrested gave a miserable sigh. Alyssa pulled at one of her many bracelets- and old habit- before speaking.

“Excuse me sir, but might I ask what happened? I missed it.”

((Just so you know- I don’t mind cops, thought my family has warped views on everything and Alyssa’s attitude is kind of like my mom’s. :s No offense meant to anyone. By the way, Morion- I was looking at your profiles to see if you had one up for him, and I was wondering if you draw the pictures there; they're really awesome.))
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 04:23
"... might I ask what happened? I missed it."

Bronson looked to the girl who had spoken, "I was just picking up my bounty."

The girl gave him a quizical look.

"I'm a bounty hunter. Mr. Ransom here skipped bail a few months ago. He was arrested in a drug bust and was let out on bail before his trial. if you want to get technical, he had to sign a contract with the bondsman stateing he would nto leave town. Basically he signed himself away to the bondsman. Became a piece of property. He left town and i was payed to get him back. He didn't want to come back so I had to get physical," the girl seemed to contemplate, ' well miss, could I interest you in a drink? Its on me."
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 02:35
Alyssa raised an eyebrow as she thought of what the man had told her.

"Sure, if you really want to," she said, shrugging. "I'd like a pop, don't care what kind. By the way, I'm Alyssa," she said, offering her hand for him to shake.

~~~

Danny brought the girl her order a few minutes later, noticing his sister was gone. He mentally shrugged it off and placed the food on the table in front of the customer.

"I'll be back in a bit if you need anything," he said before going off to the other customers.
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 04:50
Bronson gave her an analytical look. He then grasped her hand. (a bit roughly I might add).

"My names Bronson. Bronson Smith. Nice to meet you Alyssa. Now how 'bout that pop then hmmm?"

With that he got up and walked to the counter and returned later with an orange flavored soda.

"hope thats ok miss Alyssa."
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 09:21
"Of course it is. And you can call me Lyss," she said, smiling politely and taking the orange soda. She discreetly studied him for a moment as she took a sip.

He doesn't seem to be the sociable type, she thought as they sat in silence.

"So do you come here often?" she asked, but before he had a chance to answer, the door flew open and a familiar figure walked in- Eric, obviously very upset. Finding her there didn't help his mood. She visibly shrank back as he strode to the counter and took her slender wrist in his own much larger hand.

"I thought you had car trouble," he said, sending smouldering glares at Bronson.

"I did. But--"

"Then how did you get here?"

"I walked, the cafe is just down the street. You know that. But anyways I--"

"Why are you here, then?" She opened her mouth to answer, but he shook his head violently. "Nevermind, let's go." He let go of her wrist and began to walk towards the door, turning once to be sure she followed. With a miserable sigh she got up.

"Thanks," she said quietly to Bronson before following Eric out the door.

When they were both seated in Eric's car, he paused for a moment before deciding to drop her off at her home. She could see from the way he gripped the wheel- his knuckles where white- that he was angry.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. "It's just that someone had been arrested and I was wondering why. So I went inside to ask him and he offered to buy me a drink."

"I thought you didn't like cops?" he replied quietly.

"Well technically... nevermind. Where are we going?" she asked, abruptly changing the subject.

"You are going home. I am going to see what's wrong with your car. You aren't going to go anywhere else today, alright?" She nodded meekly. "Give me your keys," he said as he pulled into the parking lot of the apartment building.

"Eric, I don't--"

"Just give me your keys!" She dug around in her purse until she had found them, then got out of the car. She hated it when he was angry- it was so hard for him to control. He waited until she was inside the building before speeding out of the parking lot and down the street, tires squealing.

With a sigh she headed upstairs to the third floor of the seven story building, shutting the door to apartment 15 quietly. She tossed her purse onto the couch and slipped out of her black flipflops before letting out another heavy sigh.

"I need a peanut buter and jelly sandwich. And apple juice," she muttered to herself, going to the tiny kitchen to find her favorite comfort foods. (Even though she had just had breakfast and it wasn't quite noon yet.) There wasn't anything to make sandwiches (as she hadn't gone shopping and now wasn't allowed to), though there was enough apple juice to last a year or two. Danny knew how much she loved it and always made sure they were stocked up.

As she reached for a cup in the cupboard a few inches above her head, her wrist throbbed painfully. She quickly pulled it back down and examined it to find a dark red mark where Eric had grabbed it. He was always doing that, not realizing how easily she bruised. He didn't mean anything by it..... right?

These thoughts whirled through her mind as she studied the small-but-painful injury, wondering why she had to pick today to forget her usual black leather cuff. An unexplainable anger boiled up inside her, and with a frustrated scream she threw the cup in her hand at the wall opposite of where she stood.

The angry moment passed quickly, as they always did with her, and she cleaned up the broken glass quickly before getting herself another cup of juice and curling up on the couch with her sketchbook.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 07:32
"Thanks," Catie said as she dug into her food. As she ate, her quick eyes darted around the cafe, taking in everyone else that was there. No one really interesting, truth be told, and after a while her eyes caught on the male server. He seemed to be rather nice, the blonde woman thought to herself. Leaning back in her chair, Catie chewed on her bagle, noting how nice and soft it was.
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 08:37
Bronson gave the new comer a quick analizing glance. All the wya down to his grip on Alyssa. Smoemthing told him it was more than just a firm grip. One that was meant to cause pain. ( mainly the length of his thumb and how far it was imbedded in her wrist.)

As the couple were walking away, Bronson slowly got up, and walked outside followign them at a distance. He got to his truck which was parked only a few cars from them. He got in and waited. They pulled out and he did likewise. He followed them for a bit and allowed a few cars between them as not to cause suspicion. They pulled over after not too far a ride and he passed them and circled the block, making sure he knew where they were before he came back. He went off for about 5 min. then came back. The car was gone, so he pulled in across the street, and got out. He gave a quick look around then pulled up the cushions of the seats in his truck. Before him was a whole arsenal of weapons. He picked up his little .45, and slipped it into his shoulder harness, before closing everything up and approaching the building.

He approached a man standing just inside the place, "Excuse me sir, have you been here a while?"

"Yes."

"A young lady walked in not too long ago. Would you know where she is? I need to return soemthign to her."

"Ahhh, yes, Would Alyssa be the one you're looking for?"

"Yes"

"Apartment 15"

"are you sure?"

The man gave him a wink. "Trust me, I know where she is."

Bronson gave the man a slight nod, then went to the stairs. He made his way to number 15 and knocked.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 11:49
Alyssa had gotten settled in quite comfortably, her previous frustration motly forgotten. She was busy drawing little cartoon animals- a friend hd asked her to come up with something for her new website and she had happily agreed to help. Seeing as she had nothing better to do, she had thought she might as well get started.

She was in the middle of singing along with the CD in her walkman (Evanescence) when she realized she had run out of apple juice. Sighing, she got up and went to refill her cup (it would be her fourth) when she realized someone wasknocking at the door. She wondered how long they had been standing there while she was off in her own little world.

"I'll be there in a second," she said, closing her sketchbook and setting her cup down before rushing off to the door. She opened the door slowly, and was quite surprised to see Bronson standing in front of her.

"Oh! Hello... um... come in," she said, opening the door completely and stepping aside so he might enter. Instantly her eyes roamed around the room to the various messy spots- by pretty much everyone's standards but her own the small apartment looked tidy, though being the perfectionist that she was she felt a bit self-concious about the towel on the counter, as well as the half-folded basket of laundry sitting near the couch.

"I hadn't expected anyone to come by, so it's a bit messy... can I get you anything to eat or drink? And how did you know where I lived?" she asked, her words rapid.

~~~

Danny kept busy as the cafe filled up. This time of day was usually pretty busy, seeing as lunch was only a short time away.

He couldn't help but glance back at the girl he had served a few minutes ago, easily noticing her sharp blue eyes. After while he made his way back to her.

"How is everything?" he asked. "And by the way, I haven't seen you around before. Did you just move in recently?"
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 12:42
Bronson stepped into the apartment.

"Could i get you anything to eat or drink? how did you know where Ilived?""

"No," Bronson replied, "You left this." He produced the little bottle of orange soda from his jacket and handed it to her. "And as to where you lived, lets just say i got connections." She looked sort of stunned. As she reached to grab the soda, he grasped her hand and flipped it over and pointed to the mark on her wrist.

"He do that to you often?"
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 01:42
Alyssa frowned slighty, at bit angry at the fact that a man she had just met was asking her things that even her brother didn't know of.

"Do what?" The response was automatic, though she knew what he was talking about. "Oh... well I'm clumsy, I tend to run in to things all the time."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 02:07
Catie smiled up at the man as she set her bagle down and swallowed her mouthful. "The food is delicious," she replied honestly. "Yeah, Mom and I moved here after Dad split a couple weeks ago. I'm enrolled down at the college and Mom's working out of our home."

She felt rather self-conscious, looking up at him. "Would you care to sit down?" she offered, "or is it too busy right now?" She glanced about the cafe, noting that it did seem really busy right now.
Morion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 04:22
"You're lying. Number one i can tell becuase of the movement of your eyes. Number two, you're starting to perspire and the temperature is amiable. Number three, the mark on your wrist is just the size and shape of someones thumb and it obviously isn't yours. Number four, you've failed to neglect other injuries. such as the finger marks on the top of your arm as well as several bruises on the rest of your arm."

Bronson pointed to several different markings on here upper and lower arm.

"Aside from being a bounty hunter, i have also spent time in interogations, criminal investigations, forensics, and other such areas. Some of the marks on your arm are not form blunt force trauma, therefore ruling out the possibility of running into things."

Alyssa started to get visibly agitated.

"it is your choice. I can't do anything 'cause i have no authority. but tell me, why do you put up with it? Do you love him?.... or do you fear him?"

Alyssa started to speak, but Bronson cut her off.

"Think about it. The answer is there. You don't have to answer now.," he placed the bottle of soda gently in her hand, turned and walked out. "We will meet again."
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 06:30
Danny looked around. Until about noon it was usually only him and another working (not including the boss and the cooks), and by now other employees had begun to arrive. Plus he had been given half of the day off so he could get something for Alyssa. (Though that hadn't been his exact words when he asked for the time off- more along the lines of a relative coming in to town he had to go see...)

"Sure, I'm just about done for today anyways." He took a seat across from her. "My name is Danny, by the way." She introduced herself as Catie, and he found she was quite easy to talk to. They chatted for awhile while Catie finished her bagle, mostly about where she had lived before and what they were doing for the summer.

So her parents are split up too, he thought. I wonder if anyone stays together these days. His own had divorced when he was much younger.

Danny eventually mentioned Alyssa, telling Catie that her birthday was tomorrow. "I think you two would get along well," he said, laughing. "I'm having a party for her on Saturday, you should come."

~~~

Alyssa watched him walk out of the room, her jaw dropped in surprise. As he shut the door softly she gave relived sigh.

"Whoa... I really didn't see that coming," she muttured to herself. She ran a hand through her curly brown hair, hand still slightly shaky. She quickly went to the bathroom to see if what he spoke of was true, turning on the light and standing in front of the mirror. She looked at her arms for a moment- the bruises he had pointed out were mostly healed or close to it, and she wondered how he noticed when no one else seemed to. Her eyes travelled down the rest of her arms, and she couldn't help but give a sad frown as she saw the faint criss-crossing lines of old scars in the area between her elbows and wrists.

"Never again," she sighed. Going to her bedroom, she found a dark green sweatshirt and quickly put it on, instantly feeling better now that the telltale bruises had been covered. But her stomach was still flipping wildly.

Only one thing to do when I get like this, she thought. Take a nap. She headed back into the living room and put a DVD in the player- the extended version of The Two Towers, one of her favorites- and flopped on the couch with a fuzzy blanket. She watched it for a while before dozing off.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 09:01
Catie moved her plate to one side as she talked to the man, who'd introduced himself as Danny. He mentioned his kid sister, who was about Catie's age, and that her birthday was on Saturday.

"That sounds great," she said, toying with her napkin. "Where is that going to be?"

Danny reached for the napkin Catie was playing with and scrawled directions from the cafe to the apartment. "Hey thanks!" Catie said with a smile, reading the directions quickly. "Gee, you don't live far from here...does your whole life revolve around this place?" she asked, teasing.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email