Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
Post RE: Something not working?
on: January 20, 2005 07:12
There is a dead link for "Elrond's Library" at the top of the page next to the "My Accoun"t link. The "Elrond's library" link links to a page called councilofelrond.com/books.php.

oh thanks for reminding me to fix that. its fixed now. it was theme specific for the HallsofMoria theme.

[Edited on 1/20/2005 by Veaglarwen]
valinorian
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 08:11
How can I get into my CoE e-mail? Please help!
valinorian
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 08:11
How can I get into my CoE e-mail? Please help!
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 04:32
You probably mean the Private Messages system?

Go to My Account from the link at the top of the page. On your personal page, there's a link to your Private Messages (one with a pic of Merry and Pippin). Also, at the left side of your screen you see a text "You have (x|x) private messages"; click at the numbers, and the link takes you directly to your private messages page.
Belthronding
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 06:48
In the Encyclopedia section, when I click on people and then on the letter A, it says there are 529 results and when I go to the third page, it gives me some results starting with B, and in the fourteenth page results starting with W, Y and Z.
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 07:45
I'm not able to duplicate this. Could you please walk me through exactly what you are doing?
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Belthronding
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 07:48
OK, First I go to the Encyclopedia home page. Then I click on People right above the search option. Then I go to A and it has 529 results for A and 14 pages which aren't all A. Hope that made sense.
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 12:57
I've also noticed this problem. If I wanted to find something on Gildor, I'd go to the People's section of the Encyclopedia and click on "G." Only it doesn't give me G results, it gives me (what it looks like) *any* entry that has a G in it (Aragorn), instead of all entries that start with a G (Glorfindel).
Rivka
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 02:16
Oh, I see what you're talking about. Thanks.
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 05:19
I have another thing to mention! In the Timelines section of Middle-earth in Elrond's Library, the First Age and the Third Age seem messed up.

The First Age timeline isn't seperated into lines; it's just one gigantic paragraph.

The Third Age timeline stops after year 2953, and there's nothing else...
Nienna-of-the-Valar
Loremaster of the Edain
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 03:22
Yes, something happened to the timelines. Atalante is (I'm sure) aware of it, working on it, or soon will be
Nauma
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 06:33
I'm getting this fun little bug in my PM inbox. PM notifications of ecards I've received all appear with today's time date on them, even though they're from last year. (They also don't display local time; they're showing Pacific time, if I'm subtracting right. But I don't know if that was one of those things, like journal entries, that never display local time. Thought I'd mention it anyway. )
AinarielPalantir
Maiden of Nienna and Éomer`s Loyal Puppy
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 11:52
I get e-cards dated 31 December 1969!
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 11:03
Hey everyone,

I already posted this in another thread, but someone just pointed this one out to me...

I found a couple of broken links: the first one's from the Support CoE page; the Store link (http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Books&file=index) doesn't work. The second is actually one of the Random Blocks - the one to the Humor Section (http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Pages&file=index&page_id=45) gets an error page.

Anyway, hope that's useful,

Elioclya

Edit: Just added the actual addresses in case that helps

[Edited on 7/5/2005 by Elioclya]
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 09:20
Just a little addition to what Elioclya was saying about the broken links, I noticed that one of the new ones, the one for Celegorm, was broken. This is the link that it is at now:
http://www.councilofelrond.com/images/rotate/celegorn.jpg?nocache=936
But, through the help of a site which I cant remember (), found that this link works for the certain picture that may go there:
http://www.councilofelrond.com/images/rotate/celegorm.jpg

Awesome new pictures by the way!! :love:
Nienna-of-the-Valar
Loremaster of the Edain
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 11:29
I think I've fixed Celegorm, but after refreshing too many times to count, I still didn't get him to come up so I give up for now before my eyes cross :dizzy:. Hopefully he is fixed
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 03:31
I saw Celegorm once Nienna. At least I think I did...

Feanor wasn't working for me... The pic, I mean. =\
Nienna-of-the-Valar
Loremaster of the Edain
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 04:22
Thanks Annûniel! And I can't explain why Fëanor might not have worked for you, cause I saw him
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 06:44
Any time Nienna!

Well, it may be in your browser's cache. I've gotten Feanor a few times and its still broken. I just noticed that Manwe's, Mim's, and Luthien's broken as well. (I'm glad you used that quote for her, its so pretty! :disco: )

I wonder if my comp is just crazy... And I keep coming up with more! Gah! Am I the only one?

[Edited on 3/5/2005 by Annûniel]
Nienna-of-the-Valar
Loremaster of the Edain
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 08:51
hehe I'm not sure if it's your computer or not, but we'll see if anyone else says they're not working because I checked them and they seem to be input correctly. Thanks though for looking out for them!
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 10:15
I'm having problems seeing some of the new pictures as well, they are: Mîm, Fëanor and Oromë (I think there was another one as well...) I can see Celegorm though
Rivka
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 10:40
They should be fixed now.

Nienna, the problem was because you kept the special characters in the image names. fëanor.jpg is technically different from feanor.jpg, and all of the image names did not have special characters in them, hence the broken images. I think I've fixed them all, but if you guys catch anymore, let us know.
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 12:22
Oh that makes sense Rivka! Just so you all know, I think its working since I saw Manwe a little while ago.

Thanks!
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 08:04
The Feanor random block is wider than all the others. It's 141 x 138 pixels instead of 114 x 138, so it's stretching the block area.
Rivka
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 09:19
Should be fixed now. Thanks!
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 03:09
Just another broken link... the one for Ringhilwen's Tips for Making E-Cards (http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Pages&file=index&page_id=84) on the E-Card submission page just goes to an error page
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 02:04
Just a couple of things. On the Tolkien Paradoy thread, when you click on the winners of the Parody Contest, way back in 2003, you end up here: error page

I know this contest is old, but it would be nice to read the parodies.

My other query is that I log on fine and am shown as 'online' at the bottom of the main CoE board. However, I have noticed that on some threads, I am shown as 'offline', under my avatar, etc, although I am not, and on others that I am 'online'.

Thanks.
Lyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 07:20
Here is one thing,and it has been driving me nuts!! If you know the cause & it can be fixed.. bless you! Everytime I open the CoE site (and it only happens at this site) the whole menu that is always on the left (where you can go to the different places in the site),is gone! It is just blank there.I have no way to access the e-cards,normal private message or members list link,ect. Do you know what could be wrong? Thank you!
True joy, is found at the Master’s feet.
Rivka
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 10:26
Clear your cache (Tools-->Internet Options-->Delete Files). If that doesn't work, hold down the shift key while pressing refresh.
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 10:52
Just a couple of things. On the Tolkien Paradoy thread, when you click on the winners of the Parody Contest, way back in 2003, you end up here: error page

The pages with the entries were lost some time ago, so I've just removed the page. Apologies, but if I manage to find them again, I'll repost the contest entries.
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 05:46
I've a had small problem with my email alert for my PM box (I currently have my account set to send me an email if I receive a PM). I received an email on Friday in my email box saying
You have a new Private Message at CoE from Lady~Eowyn entitled Name of Beorn\'s Home?
however I didn't have a new PM here when I logged in. This problem has only occurred once and it doesn't concern me much, however I thought I'd just mention it incase it has any relevance to anything else :dizzy:. Also if this is of any help -I received an email alert this morning that was normal (it told me I had a new PM and I did) so I'm not sure... Friday's incident might have been one off.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 06:23
EM, is it possible that the sender, in this case Lady Eowyn, deleted the message? It is possible to delete the message before the recipient has read it, yet if you have email notification turned on, you'll still receive notice of that deleted PM. (I've done it and it's happened to me quite a few times. )
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 08:58
EM, is it possible that the sender, in this case Lady Eowyn, deleted the message? It is possible to delete the message before the recipient has read it, yet if you have email notification turned on, you'll still receive notice of that deleted PM. (I've done it and it's happened to me quite a few times.)
I didn't actually know you could do that :blush: so yes that's probably what it was thanks Firiel :hug:
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 01:29
I have long lost problem about the avatars. I am loading my avatars and it says I loaded it but when I post or see my post it still doesn't have my avatar. SO I tried the general pool and I chose this avatar and it worked. But the problem is I can't load my own avatars.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 04:07
Ilfa ~ There could be several reasons why your avatar isn't uploading. I'll PM you my email address and you can send it to me. That way I can figure out why it's not loading properly.
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email