Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
scarletwisteria
Council Member
Send Message
Post The grand courtship ball (open to All races!!!)
on: July 19, 2004 01:19
((Anyone under the sun can join this post elves, humans, dwarves, horses...okay maybe not horses. But anyone PERSON can. You might want to tie in how you know Elrond's family. Or perhaps you can be a friend of one of the guest Lord Elrond invites. Basically make yourself a friend to Wisteria, Elrond, Arwen, Wisteria's sisters, or just make some BS up and say your a friend to one of their friends))

It was a cool winter's day. A light blanket of snow covered the town of Rivendell giving it a magical look. It was just twilight, but one would not have been able to tell since the sky had been gloomy and gray all day. Among the buildings in Rivendell one stood out from the others, for it was drapped in beautiful decorations of white wine coloring, craberry lace and evengreen accents. This was the grand hall. It was dressed in this occassion for today was the grandball of courtship.

It was a large extravaganzaa in which different races from all Middle Earth came for one night of dancing and an exquisit meal. The ball was thrown by the one and only Lord Elrond. It gave the great lords a time to converse and the younger attendees a time to dance and court one another, which is were the ball got its name.

Wisteria often found the ball to be enjoyable. She was made to attend it every year since Lord Elrond was her uncle. It was a good time to socialize. This year she was to wear a beautiful emerald green elven gown with flowing sheer sparkling bell sleeves and a sparkling train. It has tiny golden beads sewn all over with random to give it a delicate effect. It cost a good deal of money, but her uncle always wanted his niece to look her best no matter what the cost. The fabric had been bought in Hobbiton and the dress itself sewn in Mirkwood. Wisteria adored the dress Twirling around in it hours before the ball started. The elven maiden loved how it complimented her lovely gray eyes. The young drow could not believe how extrodinary she looked on this night.

"Wisteria, I would like you to come greet the guest whom are starting to arrive," Lord Elrond said with a tap on her bed chaimbers. "Yes uncle," Wisteria said looking at herself one last time in the looking glass before heading down. Her mohogany colored skin looked so soft, and her jet black hair was put up in a neat elven style. A small crystal barrette with drapes almost made her hair seem fairy-like. With a smile and a sigh she headed down to the ball.

Oh! She nearly forgot her mask! Another part of the courtshiping ball was to wear a mask, for it was tradition to not let the woo-er see whom he was courting until after the ball. It was a pretty little mask of green and gold rhinestones, and cut peacock feathers.

[Edited on 19/7/2004 by scarletwisteria]

[Edited on 19/7/2004 by scarletwisteria]
Triple_Crown_Champ
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The grand courtship ball (open to All races!!!)
on: July 19, 2004 01:57
(((I'll just take out his ability to fly and possess people...cuz thats not in tolkien's works...I'm Legolas btw.)))

Legolas rode Thalionthol through the fair valley of Rivendell. The evening stars mingled with the day's sun were so beautiful and surreal. He wanted to just sit back and enjoy it all, but he knew he must arrive at the House of Elrond on time.

Legolas sighed. Somehow, he did not feel he was going to enjoy this night. A thought pulled at the back of his mind. He pushed it aside. It nagged him still. He began to get annoyed with it. He dug his heels into Thalionthol's sides and the stallion surged forward. He had tavelled so far, all the way from Mirkwood, just to attend a stupid ball. He couldn't believe he had been talked into this madness!!! He didnt even LIKE balls!!! He hated crowds and hoped to find solitude in some small corner of Elrond's beautiful house. Hopefully, he would go unnoticed. Somewhere he could escape the admiring glances of all the she-elves. He hated how they kept trying to get at him. He wished they would just leave him alone!

He decided it was no use to try and hide. They would find him somehow. And to top it all off, his father was trying to get him to choose one of them! He had explained to him that he would choose for himself when the time came.

Reluctantly, Legolas dismounted and brought Thalionthol to the stables, where a groom took the horse off Legolas's hands. Wish me luck,he whispered to his horse before haning him over to the stable hand. Thalionthol nuzzled Legolas as he left for the House of Elrond.
scarletwisteria
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 02:10
Wisteria walked down the marble stair well looking at the few guest whom had already arrived. She was hopping to see a friend but unfortunatly she was disapointed and only saw comrads of her Uncle. Lords and their wives. She said her polite "hellos" and gave curtseys. More entered, and she did the same. Many of the guest replied with the same comment. "Why Wisteria is that you? How lovely you look. My my seems like just yesterday you were.." They were kind comments but a bit annoying.
Silversnow
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 02:53
Eve couldn't believe it. She had made friends with Elrond's neice, Gledwin, the other day and now she was wound up being asked by Elrond to attend a ball. A ball? When she hadn't even met him? Okay, so she had said hello to him and introduced herself but that doesn't really count as getting to know each other. Soon she did up the ties on her back and was able to let her hands off the dress.
With the encouragement and comments of others, she had figured out silvers would be her best color. Not because it's beautiful and shimery, but because it matches her last name Silversnow. It had a low neck, long open sleeves, and went past her feet, making her walk rather ungracefully. She had never ever been a dress since she was a young elf of 250. It was quite a strange feeling. There was silver silk around all the openings that had faint prints of silver snowflakes on them. Her mask, which she thought was the best part, was in the shape of a normal mask but made up of tons of tiny silver (fake) snowflakes with white feathers sprouting off all over the top to cover the view of her nose, up.
After taking a deep breath, saying that this was a good idea and not childish (Even though she refused to believe) she stepped out and into the clear night. Then she walked up through the huge front doors and into the hustle bustle of all races, all dressed fancily, about half wearing masks, masking their facial features. She scanned the crowd carefully and then spotted Gledwin. She went over to her and greeted Gledwin fully. Gledwin smilled and hugged Eve. "Dear Eve, It's so stunning to see you in a dress after all your years of wearing pants. Come, I must show you to my youngest sister, Wisteria. She would love to meet you." Gledwin lead Eve through the crowd and soon spotted and started walking towards a figure in green. Gledwin exchanged a few words with her sister before Gledwin let Eve speak. She did, rather shyly. "I'm Eve, friend of you sister. What's your name?"

[Edited on 20/7/2004 by Silversnow]
scarletwisteria
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 03:30
((Beautiful post Silversnow!!!))

"Hello I am Wisteria," she said politely glad to see someone had finally come to the even that was not over 8,000. Gledwin had told Wisteria that there was a possiblity that her new friend Eve would be attending the ball. Wisteria adored Gledwin's friends, they were kind just as she. "It is a pleasure to meet you Eve, my sister has said nothing but positive things about you," Wisteria added with a smile. "My your dress is stunning!" she couldn't help adding.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 03:53
(( In this one, Aeriel is not Legolas's sister)) Aeriel had just arrived at the grand hall. She was a friend of Wisteria, Lord Elrond's niece. She straightened her dress a bit before entering. The dress she was wearing had been made in Mirkwood by her mother. It was light blue with white bell sleeves and the skirt was covered with silky light blue material. It also had a small train covered with shimmering white material. Applied to the dress all overwere small(false) white stars. The Elf maiden had never attended a ball like this, and she was quite nervous. She hoped to see Wisteria tonight, since she hadn't seen her in a few months. She put on her mask, which was light blue with white stars, and entered. Right away she could see Wisteria and walked over to her and said," Hello Wisteria, I am glad to see you."
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 05:31
Sirion walked down the small dirt road his boots slightly clicking on the snow covered ground. He was almost invisible with his white tunic and pants, they were made of the finest elven silk you could find and was sewn with the patience and precision that only the finest elves possess. He gets to the doors and pushed both of the heavy oak doors open and tugged at his tunic that was riding up on him. “god I hate these th-“ he cuts himself off as he sees Wisteria, along with some other people that he either doesn’t know at all or might have seen them earlier in his life. ((I don’t know where, use your imagination, he saw them on the street or something…)) he walked over to the group to introduce himself. “Hello, names Sirion, Wisteria is a dear friend of mine. I don’t think I know your face, or your name for that matter?”

((sorry for the shortness, got some place to go.))
scarletwisteria
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 06:53
"Why hello there!" Wisteria said only recognizing her for her friend Aeriel for her voice. "I nearly didn't recognze you with your mask on," she said smirking. Luckily they were all eye masks. If they were full face masks it would be impossible to recongize anyone! Wisteria then heard a voice. It was so familiar to her. It was of a male. Turning she saw Sirion speaking with others. She smiled. "If you will excuse me," she said to the little group of other elven maidens.

"Well well...hello good sir," she came up behind him and whispered in his ear softly. She was glad to see her friend. The two always played little "tricks" on one another. Usually they involved startling one another.
Elrin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 08:39
((I hope you don't mind me joining. My character is Elvereth Leralonde))

Elvereth turned to examine herself in the mirror. She was to attend a ball and wished to look her best. Perhaps she was being vain, but she saw no point in in not looking exquisite at an event that asked for such.

Her dress was of night blue velvet with long sleeves and a hem that trailed slightly on the ground. An intricate silver flower pattern adorned the sleeves, neckline and hem. A delicate Mithril belt, a picture of entwining flowers, sat comfortably on her hips. Small sapphire stones were set in the centre of each flower. The dress came with blue slippers, sapphire drop necklace and two sapphire flower hair clips which she used to pull back her fine golden locks, small braids along with crystal beads weaved through her hair.

Elvereth smiled to herself in the mirror, she loved getting dressed up, it was not everyday that one could wear such finery. Elvereth silently thanked her sister Celebiâth, whom was friends with the Lady Arwen. She had sometimes walked with the two ladies through the halls and have met some of the Lady Arwen's family. Through her sister's friendship was she invited, and she was grateful.
Excitement flowing through her veins, her hands kept brushing away imaginary wrinkles and pushing imaginary strands of hair behind her ear. Finally her sister's voice called to her from the door. Taking up her mask, white with small blue feathers, she glanced at herself once more before walking gracefully from the room.

Amazed and delighted by the variety of costumes and masks Elvereth and Celebiâth walked through the doors and into the hall. Elvereth left her sister's side, her eyes roaming the sea of masked faces, hoping to find at least one of her friends.

[Edited on 20/7/2004 by Elrin]
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 09:18
Sirion grinned, he knew who it was and she had startled him when she said that. “Sorry to interrupt you I but I have other matters to attend to.” He said to the group and turned around to Wisteria. “Hello stranger, what are the odds of meeting you here?” he said sarcastically, he only came because he had known that she would be there, he didn’t usually go to these sort of things but she was a good friend to him and he felt like he owed it to her to come. “Know this…” he said with a stern face, and then it became an easy smile “you’re going to dance with me at least once tonight.” He continued with a playful manor in the tone of his voice.

“You’re not getting out of it this time.” He said as he winked and gave a crooked grin. Changing the subject “so, how has life been treating you? I see you look like you haven’t aged a day.” He said with a flirt-ish ((I don’t think that’s even a word…)) hint in his voice. Recently he has found himself seeming to rather like her company more then he did before. That wasn’t the only thing either, he also thought that he had some sort of feelings for her but he didn’t know if they were just some silly emotions or if it was serious. He decided to just wait for a little while and see what happened, if they went away then hey, no big deal… but what if they got stronger, would he act on his feelings or again, just push them out of the way?

“come on now, is this how you treat a friend who you haven’t seen in a long time?” he winked at her “give me a hug, I missed you.” What are you doing!? Keep this up and your going to give yourself away! He chewed himself out in his mind as he put his arms around her and hugged her.
Silversnow
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 03:12
Eve didn't know how nice Gledwin's sister would be. She blushed slightly and was glad that her mask hid most of the red on her white face. "Thank you very much, Wisteria. You look fabulous too. That color really matches you." She smilled. Then one other elf maidens came who seemed to know Wisteria. Wisteria must have spotted someone for soon she melted into the crowd and went towards the shape of an elf man. Eve, seeing that Gledwin had gone away to flirt with some random elf man and no one else was around she really knew, so she turned towards Wisteria's friend ((Aeriel)).

"What's your name and how do ou fair on this beautiful night?"
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 03:40
((Alisteal is half elf had human. In the database. Her grandfather is Erestor))

Alisteal sighed, she already felt out of place and she hadn't even entered the ballroom. She had only come because her grandfather Erestor had asked her, told her he'd love to see her in something other then a tunic and leggings. With one last pat to her hair she entered the room.

She wore a dark blue dress, so dark it was nearly black. It was made of a soft velvety material and flowed as she walked. Along the bottom hem, neckline, and the end of her bell sleeves were sewn tiny intricate silver leaves. The top of her sleeves fell to her wrist but the bottom belled out and trailed down to her knees. Her dress fell to the floor in a pool of soft material and silver leaves, almost as if night had fallen asleep itself and lay at her feet. The dress had a high empire waist that was also adorned with the same leaves. The dress had been chosen to compliment her firey red hair. Her hair was down, the curly mass down to her waist. It was pulled back from her face by a braid on either side that ran back and connected to each other. She wore a simple silver necklace as her only jewelry. Her mask was also dark blue and like a regular mask but had little silver and green leaves on it on it and a shimerry piece of silver shining material falling from each side, hanging and mixing with her hair but still very noticable in contrast with her hair.

Sighing Alisteal knew her hair stood out brightly again all the dark blue and smiled when she saw Wisteria. She sighed, Wisteria was surrounded by people she didn't know so she approached slowly. "Wisteria." She whispered softly, "I feel very out of place here."

[Edited on 20/7/2004 by Alisteal_rayne]
Meril841
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 05:13
((You don't mind me joining do you?My character is Meril, Cirden's daughter Grey Havens))

Meril had been looking forward to the Ball for weeks, but now she was there at Rivendell she was slightly nervous. However, she didn't let it put her off, and with one last glance at her dress (She had fallen off her horse earlier), she put on her silver mask studded with moonstones and went up to the crowd by the door.

Meril's dress was a beautiful grey-blue, and she wore a simple silver pendant af a ship round her neck. Her father was very pleased with the dress as it was his idea she should wear grey for the grey havens.

With one thing and another, Meril hadn't been to the ball for 5 years, and although this didn't seem that long to elves, her father wanted to make this one exta special for Meril because she hadn't been for 5 years. He was also insistent that Meril would find the man for her this year.

Meril didn't mind at all about this, although it was slightly embarrasing of her father going on about the ball morning, noon and night. She enjoyed the ball, and had missed not going.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 05:20
Tinuviel was another niece of Lord Elrond's, cousins with Wisteria. She had let her silver-white hair down for the first time in a long time, it fell around her shoulders. Her brilliant blue eyes looked back at themselves in the mirror, scrutinizing every part of her, making sure the dress was fitting perfect. Tinuviel's pale face frowned, why did she continue to go to these balls? Not once had she found someone to talk to, at least the entire night. The half-elf would usually speak to someone briefly, then they would find someone else to talk with, or dance with. It's not that Tinuviel wasn't pretty or intelligent, she was very much so both. The girl didn't know what it was.
She tucked her hair behind her pointed ears, then untucked it. Placing her diamond-studded black mask over her eyes, Tinuviel adjusted her silver dress once more beforing walking toward the ballroom. Taking a deep breath and sighing, she walked in and found that a small crowd had already gathered around her cousin. Smiling, at them, Tinuviel avoided the crowd and moved to the near wall to stand there, feeling slightly out of place.

(ok, so my char is like 16 in mortal years, i don't know how much that is in elven years!)

[Edited on 20/7/2004 by PrincePeregrinTook]
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 06:53
Aeriel turned to Eve and said,"My name is Aeriel. I am doing well, thank you for asking." She tugged on her dress slightly and noticed many other guests were arriving. She could hardly see Wisteria anymore because of all the guests. She then asked, "What's your name?" and waited for her reply.
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 07:04
((Check out my char's prof if you don't already know her. Not everything is exactly right, since I'm too lazy to update it, but you just need to know some of the basics that are explained there. I've found that when people don't read it they don't really understand my char. Thanx!))

Arradianna arrived late to the ball, escorted by Haldir. She was not particularly excited about being here, but her parents had talked her into it with Haldir's help. Her dress was as pale as the snow outside and shimmered with details of ice crystals. Her long, shining hair was blonde and set with a silver circlet draped with translucent jewels.
Her storm gray eyes spotted Elrond, and she bid Haldir farewell as she walked over to him. She posessed a grace that had been lost to most elves of Middle-earth, but had been preserved in Lothlorien almost undiminished.
"Greetings, Elrond," she smiled at the Lord of Rivendell like an old friend, "My mother and father have convinced me to attend your ball this year."
"You aren't wearing a mask," he noted with the infamous eyebrow raised.
"I'm not interested in courting, and I'm sure you know that I am far older than most here," she answered him smoothly, "Although if you insist, I do have one."
"I insist," he grinned.
"Alright," she said and donned a white glittering mask with a smile, "Farewell, perhaps we shall speak later."
"Farewell," he replied as she turned.
Arradianna walked swiftly to where Haldir was waiting, nibbling on some fruits. He looked at her expectantly with a smile.
"Your brother-in-law made you wear a mask?" he inquired.
"Yes, and that means you are going to wear yours, too," she answered irritably.
"You really don't want to be here, do you?" he asked as he donned his pale gold mask.
"No, I don't," she said, "and I don't know why I let you talk me into this."
"Because you have a soft spot for me," he said jokingly and peeled back her mask to kiss her cheek.
Her demeanor relaxed, but she didn't admit to his accusation vocally. She did glance at him out of the corner of her eye, though, and saw that he was watching the young elves frolicking on the floor. His hair was also a pale gold, and pulled back from his face in ornate braiding that he rarely wore. He still wore the black tunic and leggings that he felt most comfortable in, but wore silver robes with gold embroidery over them. Arradianna realized that he was probably as uncomfortable in those clothes and without weapon as she was in the social atmosphere.
"Well, I'm going to try and make the best of it," Haldir said and broke away from Arradianna.
He moved over to where Tinuviel stood alone on the wall.
"You looked lonely," he greeted the yound lady, "And I am in the mood to dance."
He held out his hand to her in invitation, wondering in the back of his mind what Arradianna might be thinking.

((P.S. I'm going to use this thread as a way to explore my char's relationship with Haldir, hope you don't mind. So I'll also be playing Haldir, and there might be a little drama later on. It's sorta complicated and hard to explain briefly.))
Silversnow
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 08:02
Eve was so engulfed by watching the crowd she nearly jumped when Aeriel spoke. She listened, making her eyes turn towards the nervous Aeriel instead of all the guest arriving through the door. Many beautiful elf maiden's and lords have arrived and she noticed a few elves about her age. She was getting more excited as it went on and more comfortable although she would never the get the thought out of her mind that this was her first real ball and first time in a dress in such a long time. She jumped again when Aeriel asked her what her name was.

"I'm Eve Silversnow. I don't come from here, I'm just visiting. Usually am in my comfortable leggings and tunic and riding around the country side. This is very strange for me. How about you."

Eve looked around and she thought she could see Wisteria through some elf ladies, talking to an elf man her age. She had a great surge of curiousity and longed to know what they were doing. Curiousity had always been her weak point. Then they were yet again blocked from her view and she put her attention back on Aeriel.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 08:23
Alisteal sighed and went and stood away from everyone. She felt so out of place. She saw two maidens and went over to them, hoping she wasn't the only one who felt uncomfortable in the room and in the attire.
"Hello," She said shyly, "I'm Alisteal, and I feel really awkward!" She said with a laugh. "I don't know how to talk to anyone here. I feel strange dressed in a dress. Would you mind me talking with you two tonight? Please?" She was practically begging, but Wisteria was busy and if she didn't find someone to talk to she would definately leave.
She sighed and tugged on her fiery hair again.

[Edited on 20/7/2004 by Alisteal_rayne]
scarletwisteria
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 09:17
Wisteria smiled up at Sirion. "I wouldn't miss a dance with you for the world," she said feeling a big chessy. "But Elrond will be cross if I don't socialize with the other guests, so I will see you later," she said smiling at him. The two were good friends, the flirting they did would make anyone believe that they were in love.

Moving along, she picked up her dress so she did not trip over it. Being a complete klutzy certainly taught you lessons, and one thing was certain history could repeat itself.

Wisteria noticed Alisteal looking completely out of place. She pitied her and decided to strike up a conversation. "Hello, I am Wisteria. I believe we have met in the past," she said smiling as she tried to recall the occasion. "Oh yes, thats right in Mirkwood."

"Seems like my uncle invited all of Middle Earth," she said scanning the crowds. "Oh you look lovely in your dress!" Wisteria said taking notice to Alisteal's dress. "You seem a bit tense. Don't be. Everyone here is kind and I know you will have fun," Wisteria loved making friends. She often found herself meeting new people everywhere she went.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 10:23
Tinuviel smiled at Haldir and took his hand. They moved out onto the floor, dancing.
'Thank you,' she said to him. 'I was beginning to rethink my decision to come.'
'Really?'
'Yes, well Lord Elrond is my uncle. I come every year but it's hard for me to find someone to speak to,' she smiled and noticed her cousin moving about, making friends. Tinuviel frowned slightly, then turned back to Haldir, smiling again.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 11:46
"Hello, Wisteria. I am not used to wearing dresses, I am worried I will trip and make a fool of myself. I am only here because Grandfather insisted I come. He has it into his mind he can make me into a proper elven maiden yet." She sighed and blushed and whispered, "I think he hopes I'll meet my match here and be no enamoured I stop traveling." She blushed again at that though.
Triple_Crown_Champ
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 12:01
A spark of hope ignited inside Legolas. Maybe the twins would be there!! He knew them well enough. And they were his friends.

As he entered he scanned the room for a place to hide. He spotted an empty corner that people seemed to be avoiding. He made his way towards the corner and slipped into an empty chair. It was a dark corner, a nice little corner, and he liked it. He felt very proud of himself. He watched the other elves chatting politely amongst themselves and wished he knew some of them that were his age, of course. Wistfully he gazed at the laughing young elves. Oh, how he wished he could be like them!!! But he could only hope...

Sorry i couldnt post earlier, guys. I was at camp.

Great job on the new post, wisteria!!! You got a lot of members!!! Wish i could do that well with the potc one!!!

You people really dont need me, and i'm doing a bad job of RPing. maybe i will drop out. dont wonder if i leave...

[Edited on 20/7/2004 by Triple_Crown_Champ]
scarletwisteria
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 12:05
Wisteria spend time time talking to Alisteal. What a kind young elf maiden she was. "Yes I too prefer ranger garments. But from time to time I will wear a dress. Only on the rarest of occasions," she said smiling. Noticing Legolas a family friend she spoke to him. "Legolas! Good of you to have come," she said as he entered the room. She conversed with him for a bit, and then decided to introduce Alisteal to Sirion.

Wisteria figured things might be a little less akward for her new friend if she got to know the other's at the ball. "Alisteal, this is my good friend Sirion. Sirion this is Alisteal," she said smiling.
Alisteal_rayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 12:27
Alisteal was feeling a bit more welcomed thanks to Wisteria. She smiled at Wisteria's friend, "Hello, I've never been to a ball and Wisteria is trying to make me feel better." She blushed and played with the hem of her sleeve.
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 12:57
Sirion smiled as he walked over. The first thing he noticed was Alisteal’s fiery hair. Given it was a formal acquaintance he did something he had never done before and felt really weird doing it. He carefully took her hand in his and bowed slightly and kissed her delicate hand. He went red and couldn’t help but laugh, he was sure that she had went a deep red too. He looked back up, the red had left his face and he looked like he did before he did that. “Good evening, how do you fair? You look stunning in that dress by the way.” He smiled again and looked around the room “well I’m sure you know more then I here, I only know, Wisteria, you, and Lord Elrond.” He said with a chuckle. Trying to make conversation he asked “so how do you know Wisteria?”
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 01:01
A tall elf with short wavy brown hair entered the room. He wore a dark blue suit with silver trim around the sleeves and collar and wore a dark blue mask trimed with silver and with three sapphire jewels adorning the forehead. He looked around the room, hoping to spot someone he knew, for he felt very uncomfortable dress up like this. One of his friends had invited them so he accepted. He wasn't quite sure how his friend knew Lord Elrond, but he just shrugged it off and continued looking for anyone familiar. He gazed across the room and spotted a maiden with fiery red hair and wearing a dark blue dress. He took a few steps forward and then stopped, 'What if she doesn't want to talk to me?' he asked him self as he continued to look at her, though he did not realize that he was staring.
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 01:02
((okay, i have nooo clue how he knows or is friends with any of them, but let's just say he knows Elrond well.))

Silverstream seemed to walk slower than ever tonight, and Ilador, who had been rideing him since early that morning, was stiff.
"Come on boy." he whispered "Just a little further."
finally he saw the lights coming from the house of Elrond.
Ilador was not used to balls and he sure didn't like them. He always felt akward and the she-elves were horrid!
When he stopped he lightly jumped off Silverstream's back and tied him to a nearby tree. "okay. here i go." he thought.

He walked in and looked around searching for someone he knew or just a corner he could sit in the whole night.
Then he noticed bright red hair in the crowd and tried to see the face of it's bearer...it was! it was who he hoped! Alisteal!
He had not seen her for years! But he felt awkard going up to her so, restraining himself, he stood at the wall and watched everyone.

[Edited on 20/7/2004 by Legadriel]
scarletwisteria
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 01:29
Wisteria noticed several others looking at Alisteal. It seemed that she knew more people then she had imagined. Smiling she went over to Sirion. "Well how about that dance?" she asked her friend. Wisteria gave a little wave to Alisteal, Wisteria knew she would be able to find someone of interest tonight.
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 02:14
Sirion smiled “nothing will please me more.” He said winking at her. “it was nice to meet you Alisteal, but I have a dance waiting and wouldn’t miss it for the world.” He led Wisteria out to the dance floor and put one hand around her waist and the other holding onto her hand. ((You know what I mean)) the two slowly danced around and Sirion occasionally twirled her around when the time called for it. he held her close to him during the last couple seconds of the song and thought deeply about his feelings for her. “Wisteria I have to tell you something, but I don’t know what it will do to our relation ship.” The song ended and he moved them over to where some chairs sat and put her in one then sat across from her. Taking her hands in his he stared into her eyes thinking of his words. He took a deep breath “wisteria, I found my self getting pretty attached to you and I cant find my self not thinking about you constantly…” he closed his mouth and sat back in his chair and stared at the table top.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 03:37
Aeriel looked at Eve and said,"I feel so awkward here. I have never been to anything like this before. Usually I am in leggings and a tunic climbing trees or reading." She then noticed how many guests were arriving through the door. Then she saw Wisteria and an Elf man talking and wondered what to do now. She still felt quite awkward and nervous.
Silversnow
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 04:07
Eve sighed and looked around. She was glad that she wasn't the only one who was akward around here. She looked around and wondered how many of the people she saw were akward.
"I'm sorry, Aeriel, but I'm going to get a drink. It was nice meeting you." After a quick head nod, Eve left Aeriel, picked up her dress hem and started for the drink table torwards the edge of the room. She got water (not wanting anything else new and strange) and drank it rather slowly. From here she could see Wisteria clearly, talking to a man that she was sitting next to. Eve smilled that Wisteria found a man. She didn't even know if she wanted one for she had never thought of that before. She hadn't even thought of the possiblity that she could be asked to dance by a man.
After finishing her drink, she put down the glass and walked along side the side of the room. Since she was so lost in the crowd and also in her thoughts, she totally forgot to hike up her dress. As a consequence she stepped on the front of her dress which made her lose balance. Fortunately she was able to stay on her feet but in the process bumped into a man who was gazing out over the crowd and minding his own business. She was incredibly embarrassed for breaking this man's thoughts. As she straightened up she muttered appologies and straigtened out her mask and dress. She looked at the man's blue eyes and smilled.
"Sorry about that. I'm not used to wearing a dress. In fact, I haven't worn a dress since I was a youngen." She stuck out her hand getting into her shy social self. "My name's Eve Silversnow? What's yours?"

[Edited on 21/7/2004 by Silversnow]
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 04:18
After Eve left to get a drink, Aeriel started to feel awkward being in the middle of the room. She decided to go sit down somewhere and think. She picked up the hem of her dress and walked over to a corner of the room where there was only one Elf man. She sat down a few seats away from him and started to think about what she would normally be doing right now. Everything in the room seemed to be drowned out by her thoughts.She wondered if a man would ask her to dance tonight.
scarletwisteria
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 04:59
The two friends waltzed, then settled down near a group of chairs. Sirion confessed his feelings for her. Wisteria stared into his eyes the entire time. She too had found herself falling for him. She was very surprised by his suddenly speaking out. "Sirion...I...well. I feel the same way. I like you, I like you a lot. Sometimes I even question whether or not I love you," she said gazing at him. Without thinking anything over she leaned over and softly kissed him on the lips.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 05:35
When the music ended, Tinuviel thanked Haldir for the dance again, smiling. She then made her way to the long table as to find something to drink. Really, she wasn't thirsty, just trying to find something to do. The girl glanced around at the people there. Most of the men were dancing with someone, so there wasn't really anything to do. Tinuviel smiled at a few people who walked by her, but it faded as soon as they had passed. Giving up, the half-elf walked slowly out the door into the moonlit night. Whipping away a few tears she gazed up at the stars. This was one of those nights, where everything just seemed to go wrong.

Unfortunately, almost every night was one of those nights for her. Removing her mask, she glanced back at the warm hall with it's bright lights, Tinuviel decided not to go back in for a while, it was nicer out here.

[Edited on 21/7/2004 by PrincePeregrinTook]
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 06:15
Sirion was startled when Wisteria had kissed him, he looked back up into her dancing gray eyes and smiled. That’s all he really could do, he felt numb with excitement. He cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak “well… um…” he stopped trying to talk and just sat there in somewhat silence and stared at each other. After staring into each others eyes for what seemed like it could vast forever he stood up, and helped Wisteria up. A troubling fact suddenly came to his mind “Wisteria, how does your uncle feel about you finding someone?” he said. He had met Elrond on occasion but never really talked about this subject with him.

((short... pointless... I know...))
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email