Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213
Author Topic:
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The grand courtship ball (open to All races!!!)
on: May 11, 2005 07:04
Aragorn had left his daughter's room a while ago, to see his wife, who was taking rather long with her father.

She stood in bed, gazing at the ceiling, thinking about nothing.

"Come in." she said.

When she saw Aran, her mouth dropped. She almost forgot about him, with all the things going on with Queen Harma. "Aran... Are you ok? I haven't heard any news about you. I missed you." said Thara smiling widely, thankful that no harm came to the elf.

Legolas held her hand near his mouth. "I'm sorry, you shouldn't speak yet. But you told me all I needed to know. A few months in bed, you will be back on your feet."

He stood up, crossing his hands on his chest. "But enough talk. You need to sleep, now. And no "buts", young lady!" he said, trying to sound like Aragorn when Thara didn't want to sleep.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 12:28
Aran stepped into the room, but only enough to lean against the door frame. "I am fine. How are you?" He seemed a bit tense in her presence, now, which was odd for him. He was usually very loose and friendly around his friends - or significant others.

Harma looked up at him and raised a bemused eyebrow, pursing her lips slightly. She then turned that into a pout, holding her arms out to him as a child who wants to be picked up does, wondering if he will fall for her teasing temptations.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 07:21
Thara felt that Aran was tense, but she found out that she didn't really care. She was glad she could get out of bed.

"I am ok. I can stand, as you see. Only a couple of days and I'm going to be able to ride home." she said, smiling at the thought of meeting her friends again, and tell them all she had been through. Oddly, at that moment she didn't feel like she felt before the battle, because then she couldn't think about anything worse than parting from Aran. Now, she only wanted to go home, tired of this battles, and still a little weak because of her wound. "What about Terry and Tasar? Are they alright?"

Legolas fell immediately for her temptations. He leaned over her and hugged her as gently as he could, careful not to harm her, but also as long as he need to. He then let go, kissing her forehead.

"Now you really must go to sleep. The longer you rest, the sooner you will be healed. I'll stay with you 'till you fall asleep." he said softly.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 12:50
Aran nodded. "They are fine. A bit tired, but none the worse for wear." As she had spoken of her parting, he had wondered why he had not felt as immensely anguished as he had when first told of her destined parting. He sighed softly and sat down on a chair next to her bed.

"I hope you will enjoy yourself, back at your home. I will come to visit you soon."

Harma smiled and nodded, comforted by his embrace, if only for just a moment. She settled on her back staring up at the ceiling, as is the way with elves, and rather quickly fell asleep.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 08:30
Thara smiled to him: "That would be nice. Minas Tirith is the most beautiful city in the world. But I'm not sure you will like it very much, being elf and all. i heard my mom had a few problems adapting to it, because it is made of stone. There are a few trees, but not as much as elves would like. Have you ever seen Minas Tirith?"

Legolas slowly got out of the room, and closed the door, careful not to wake the sleeping queen. He headed outside, because after that last embrace, he felt like he was on fire.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2005 08:42
Aran nodded. "A few times, with Harma. The structure is impressive, of course, but not of my taste; there are most definitely not enough trees." He smiled slightly at that. "It is a work to be marvelled, though."

Terry walked outside as well, having nothing more to do than explore the outdoors. She breathed deeply the smell of the trees and flowers growing in the palace's many gardens and surrounding forest. She was no elf, but she did enjoy nature. She leaned against one particularly wide tree and frowned a bit, crossing her arms around her waist. Aran had seemed quite odd earlier, and she wondered if anything in particular was wrong, or if it was just the circumstances of the past couple days that had his mind working.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2005 09:26
Thara nodded: "I thought you would say that. That is what Legolas always says. But I think it is the best town that ever was.". She couldn't think about anything else to talk to Aran, which was another strange thing. She waited to see what he would say and do, and stared outside, where Legolas was walking slowly.

Aragorn went after Arwen, because she was taking too long. She found her on one of the corridors.

"Aragorn, can't I go anywhere without bumping into you?" she said smiling.

"Well, no. YOu knew the risk since the day you married me!" he answered, kissing her softly.

"Come on, let's go outside. It's been so long since we had a walk together."

"What about Thara?"

"Honey, you're too protective. She'll be fine for a few minutes without us!"
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 11:30
Aran sighed and looked away from her, closing his eyes for a moment. In the awkward silence between the two, he knew that something needed to be said, and he really did not want to be the one to say it because he knew it would hurt both of them, but: "Thara?" He turned to look back over at her. "Where are we going? With our relationship, I mean?" He ran his fingers through his hair. "It seems... At least, to me... That things are rather dying down."

Tasar was walking about the palace, not quite sure what to do, as nothing really needed to be done at the moment.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 08:01
Thara raised her shoulders in a childish manner.

"Well, let's be honest, Aran. When you came in, I...don't know...didn't feel the same. I mean, you usually were the first thing on my mind, and now I almost forgot about you. And I think you feel the same. My fault is that I am ...too childish. Your fault is that you probably like Terry. You tell me where are we going!"

She turned to watch the elf's reaction, curious to what he would say.

Legolas sat under a tree, sighing. When Harma was not around, it was so boring. And he couldn't see her, because she needed her rest. He tried hard to think about something to do, but he couldn't find anything except go "annoy" Aragorn and Arwen who were just passing by, at a safe distance, hand in hand.

harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 10:53
Aran frowned at the elleth's - rather insightful - conclusion as to his changed feelings, and shrugged. "I do not quite know." He stood. "I think, perhaps, that we should rest this relationship until we do know. Maybe we just... are not right for each other." He rather hated the phrase, but felt that there was no other way to describe the situation.

Harma suddenly sat up and coughed, her throat dry from lack of water, though she had just drunk an entire cup full. She turned to the bedside table, still coughing, but did not see a cup there. Across the room, however, was a pitcher sitting on a table. Without thinking of her current state of immobility, she slid her legs out of the bed and stood, wobbling on her feet, chest heaving with the need to breathe properly. She managed to stumble half-way across the room when she fell against the table holding the pitcher. The entire table fell, and her along with it. The pitcher shattered, sending glass shards everywhere, and one into her leg. She cried out at the pain, her cry weak from her lack of voice, the coughing momentarily subsided. Things just did not seem to be going well with her, the past week.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 08:04
Thara smiled. She felt better now that Aran realised that it was over with their relationship.

"Well, you're right. Aran, we do not need a break, because it is clear that it just isn't working out between us. But, I hope we can be friends, right?"

She held out her hand in a friendly manner, waiting for Aran's answer.

Legolas suddenly felt uncomfortable, like something bad happened to someone. Thara? No, it couldn't be, she was in her room, too weak too walk outside. Aragorn? Arwen? No...Harma! That was it.

"I knew she will probably do something stupid!" he said to himself, hurrying to her room.

He opened the door, and immediately knelt beside Harma, removing the shard, and helping her get back in bed. He quickly bandaged her wounded leg. Fortunately, it seemed it wasn't a very bad wound.

"You were supposed to stay in bed!" said Legolas, frowning. "What were you doing up? And please do not talk, it will only do you worse. If you can't tell me without speaking, do not say anything."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 12:53
Harma motioned desperately towards her throat, then made a motion as if she had a glass in her hand and was drinking from it. She then pointed at the shards of the broken pitcher and the spilled water and hoped he would understand the meaning of her little game of charades.

Aran nodded and took her hand, shaking it firmly. He then grinned. "And my own friends will tell you... You are in for quite an adventure."

Tasar walked outside to see Terry, having nothing else better to do. She smiled upon sighting the young woman and walked over to her. "Suilad, mellonamin. Lle tyava quel?"

Terry nodded. She did not know enough Elvish to answer Tasar completely, but she had been around the three elves long enough to have picked up a few phrases. She also knew that it would not benefit her to try to learn any from them, for they hardly knew the language anymore; they cannot any longer tell the difference between the two dialects, and usually end up speaking both at once.

[Lle tyava quel? - Are you well?]
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 03:33
Legolas understood what Harma was trying to tell him, and rushed to the kitchen where he got a new pitcher full of water and a glass. He then returned to her room.

"There you go." he said and helped her drink the water from the glass. He put the pitcher near her bed, and poured some water in the glass in case she needed it later.

"You should have stayed in bed! You could have done something to warn us that you needed water. You can't be left alone one minute, can you? I guess I'll have to stay with you. Now back to sleep." he said smiling, because the idea of sitting with Harma all day wasn't bad at all."

Thara laughed. "I think I already know! This was my first war. And if this isn't a big adventure, then how about getting shot by an arrow and hurt by a sword? And you got me here. If you're worse than this, I guess I have better watch out!"

[Edited on 23/5/2005 by laharah]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 01:22
Harma merely rolled her eyes at his comments, knowing he would not allow her to talk and would not listen to her if she did. In moments, she was in the blissful nothingness mortals call sleep.

Aran chuckled and ran a head through his hair. "I suppose that is true. Perhaps I will have to leave you with my lady friends and see how you fare with them; I am sure the four of you would become fast friends, if you are not so already." He then stood. "I should allow you to rest. Have a good day, Thara." He bowed his head and left the room, shutting the door behind him.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2005 07:24
Legolas stood on the floor, looking at Harma, admiring her. In one word, she was perfect. "And she loves me!" he said to himself with pride. He then waited patiently for her to wake up, although he knew it might take a while.

Thara, being left alone, decided to do what she hadn't done for some time: walk outside. She got dressed and made it to the front door without much effort. Just then, her parents were passing by.

"Thara. You must stay in bed!" said Aragorn frowning.

"But...but..."

"No buts, go now!" added Arwen.

Sighing, she got back to her room, slaming the door behind.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 12:54
OoC: This thread is getting mighty slow...

Stepping through the door to Harma's infirmary room, Tasar smiled as she saw Legolas standing loyally beside Harma's bed. "She will be fine, Legolas, and your standing here will not make her wake up any faster. Come along; you should get some rest, before you yourself catch ill." She gently took his arm and led him two doors down the hallway.

"You are so close to her, you will be able to hear anything that goes on. I promise." With that, she closed the door to allow him to get some sleep. Walking back down the hallway she shook her head with a chuckle and a muttering of, "Men."
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 08:31
(You're right! But what can we do? Should we dump it?)

Legolas' first reaction was to get back to Harma. But seing the bed before him, he couldn't say no to it. After those days of worries, battles and wounds, he felt tired. He got in bed and immediately fell asleep, though he tried to remain awake, in case Harma needed anything.
<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email