Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First89101112Last >>
Author Topic:
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The grand courtship ball (open to All races!!!)
on: January 16, 2005 08:40
[Sorry, I have been a tad bit busy lately, and lost track of this thread. You seem to have taken to using exclamation points again...]

Terry nodded and turned to Aran, who seemed to be puzzling it over in his mind. He would much rather stay and make sure that Thara remained safe, but the duty to his friends took over. "Indeed. I will join you, Terry." He quickly killed a few more orcs, then motioned to Terry to follow him, and the two disappeared into the underbrush.

Aran crawled along to the other side of the brawl. "They came from here... I think we should go this way." Terry nodded in agreement, and the two were off in the darkness of the woods.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 09:04
(Welcome back! I understand what you mean by work. School, right? Anyway, sorry about the exclamation points.)

It had been almost three hours since the battle started. Arwen was worried about Aragorn and Thara, about Aran. Harma was showing no signs of coming to her senses.
"Mom, do you think she's going to be alright?" asked Thara.
"If I know Harma, a little wound isn't going to defeat her."
"What about Aran...Aragorn?"said Thara, blushing.
Arwen watched her and finally realised why Thara went into battle in first place: it was because of Aran. Her daughter loved him. She smiled to her, but in her heart she knew it couldn't work out. Aran was an elf, she was a human. He would have to give up his immortality, and Arwen wasn't sure Aran was able to do that. In any case she decided to talk to Aran, after the battle was over.
"Ara...gorn will be fine, dear." she said, letting Thara know she found out about her love.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 10:04
Aran and Terry crept through the shadows, and Aran found himself amazed at the stealth that Terry seemed to possess. He was about to comment on it when he heard voices in a clearing before them. At Terry's insistence, he climbed up into a tree and peered down into the clearing.

The mouth of a cave took up the entirety of the opposite side of the clearing, which was where the orcs seemed to be located. He frowned. Caves were never easy to work with, especially if you were the one going into it. It appeared that the captain was standing outside the mouth of the cave, speaking to one of the soldiers. This soldier, it seemed, had come from the battle. He whispered something to the captain, and the captain looked up. Directly at Aran.

"Ilid buub," the captain growled. Aran, recognizing what he had said, dropped down out of the tree. The orc soldier and the captain rushed into the bushes where Terry and Aran were beginning to run back to the battle. Unfortunately, they were not quick enough. Terry yelped as the soldier grabbed her by the hair and pulled her backwards.

"This one is not an elf, my lord. Though she is just as pretty." He leered at her, showing a mouthful of rotten and yellowed teeth. Aran growled and tried to pull away from the captain, who had a very strong grip on his arm. He examined Aran, taking special interest in the pin on his tunic, boasting of his position with Harma. The captain grinned.

"She may not be, but he is. And he is friends with our lovely princess." He threw Aran at the soldier, who grabbed him by the hair as well. "Lock them up." The soldier nodded and dragged the two into the cave.

Meanwhile, back in the sick room...

Harma suddenly woke up, sweating like crazy. "Aran!"
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 08:50
Arwen and Thara were startled by Harma's cry.
Arwen immediately grabbed a towel and cleaned the she-elf's sweating forehead.
"It's alright, Harma! You probably had a nightmare, Aran is alright."
Thara, on the other hand, was mot so relaxed as her mother.
"Harma,"she said "what is it that you saw?"

On the battle field, all the orcs were slaughtered. But Aragorn was vert worried. It had passed some time since Aran and Terry left. Their mission was a simple scouting one, they were supposed to report back as soon as they found the encampement of the orcs.
But he decided to wait for half an hour. If they weren't back by then, he would call the army and search for them.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 03:41
Harma looked over at Thara, eyes wide and shining bright with prophecy. She shook her head and blinked a few times. "Your mother is probably correct, Thara." She sighed and laid back down. "It probably was just a... a nightmare." She did not exactly believe it herself, for she had never had a nightmare before, but she did not want Thara to worry.

A single orc, carrying Aran's tunic, rode into the battle field. He carried a white flag of peace, symbolizing that he wished to speak.

"I bear a message for the princess Harma," he growled in Aragorn and Tasar's direction. Tasar took a step forward, replacing her sword in its sheath.

"What is it that you must say to her?"

The orc sneered. "My orders are to speak only to her, elf, and not to anyone else."

Tasar gave a mocking half-bow. "Of course. I will get her for you." She walked back into the palace and knocked on the sick room door.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 08:18
Aragorn bearly managed not to strike the orc carrying Aran's tunic. He wanted to say that he was now in charge, but the messanger's answer would have been no.
In any case, he already thought of a plan to free Aran and Terry. if war they wanted, then war they would get.

Thara looked at Harma in disbelief, but, seing her mother's look, she didn't say anything. Arwen was still washing Harma's head with the wet cloth. When the knock was heard, Thara glanced at Harma, as if she knew who or what it was.
Arwen looked through the keyhole, to see who it was.
"It's ok, it's Tasar." she said, opening the door and letting the she-elf to come in.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 09:49
((Hi! Hope you don't mind me joining! Hoshash Raz Hanhar is in the character list!))

Hoshash fell into the cave wall with a shriek as the soldier's fist connected with her chin. As she landed on the ground, she curled into a ball, growling towards the other.

"Why beat, Hoshash's done nothing!" she yelled. One of the soldiers who were assigned to guard the new prisoners growled back and took another step towards her.

"You better stay back, these prisoners are not for you snagas to play with!" he replied. "So back off, or I'll make you taste the whip!" Hoshash grumbled as she got to her feet and scurried out of the soldier's reach. Then she halted, and turned back closer to the strange prisoners.

"Just wanna look," she whimpered as the soldier began growling at her again and peeked at the prisoners that sat on the floor behind the guards. "What're those?" The soldier grunted and went back to his duty without replying.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 11:49
[YaY! A new person!]

Tasar stepped into the room. "Harma, there is an... an orc here, who wishes to speak to you."

Harma looked over at her friend, alarmed at this. She nodded and stood, limping after Tasar, surprised that she could walk. She followed her outside, where the orc was - not so patiently - waiting. Harma raised an eyebrow. "You wish to speak with me?"

The orc grinned. "I was told to bring you this." He threw the tunic at her feet. "And I was told to tell you that if you want your little friends back, you must come and speak with our captain."

Harma picked up Aran's tunic and took a deep breath, closing her eyes. He was still alive, she knew that much. She opened her eyes again and glanced over at her friends, then sighed and nodded. "Alright. I will come and speak with your captain."

The orc grinned again, obviously pleased with this. "And you must bring no weapons, and must come alone."

Harma nodded and took her sword belt, her quiver, and her bow off. She handed them to Tasar, who was shaking her head slightly. Harma raised an eyebrow and nodded, then patted her leg, where Tasar knew she was hiding a knife. The orc did not know this, however, and did not care to check. He merely jerked his head in the direction that he had come from, and Harma followed him to the caves, walking with her back straight despite her injuries.

~

Terry growled, sitting against the far wall, as far away from the orcs as possible. She nudged Aran in the side. "Do you think Harma will come for us?"

He shrugged, his cloak pulled around him in the dampness of the cave. "I do not know what goes on in Harma's mind. She may, she may not."

Terry frowned and stared off into the darkness. "I hope that she does."

Aran sighed and nodded. "As do I, Terry. As do I."
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 08:45
Aragorn watched as Harma left with the orc.

"Legolas," he whispered "follow her. Climb the trees and make sure you aren't spotted. You're the only one who can do this, mellon nin. If anything goes wrong with Harma, come back immediately."

"No problem."replied Legolas.

He started running towards the forest, and in a couple of seconds he dissapeared in the trees.

The elf followed Harma all the way. At first, he was afraid of an ambush near the edge of the forest, but as they moved deeper into the darkness of the trees, he knew that it was worse. The orc was truly taking her to the encampement.

"Oh, Harma, why did you accept?" mouned Legolas. "If this beasts do anything to you, I swear I will kill them, one by one."

He felt the urge to shoot the orc, and take Harma back. But he knew Harma too well. Even if she was free, she wouldn't have abandoned her friends.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 02:03
Rubbing her aching jaw, Hoshash went out of the cave and sat down below a tree to sulk. She thought about heading off on her own again, after all these morons weren't very nice and there were easier ways to get food. But with all these whiteskins being all over the place it wasn't very safe, from what she had heard.

Hoshash jumped to her feet as she heard footsteps approaching. Climbing to the lowest branch of the tree, she spotted one of the scouts coming back, but he wasn't alone. One of the whiteskins was walking behind him - and it wasn't bound! As Hoshash tried to climb down, she lost her footing and fell onto the ground with a yelp. The soldiers sitting nearby laughed at her, and she stuck her tongue out at them.

Dodging the bowl of soup that came flying towards her head she darted away to get a closer look at what was going on with the whiteskin.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 11:24
The orc led Harma into the cave, and towards where their captain was. Her eyes strayed to the corner of the cave, where her friends were tied, and she made eye contact with both of them before turning back to the captain. "You asked for me?"

The orc nodded. "I wish to negotiate the release of your friends."

Harma raised an eyebrow. "What do you ask for?"

The orc grinned. "Land."

Harma gritted her teeth. "My home will never be yours, orc."

The captain sneered. "If that is your answer..." One of the orc soldiers pointed a bow to Aran's head. Harma's eyes widened and she turned to the captain again.

"Anything else. Not my land."

The orc thought for a moment.

"Money?" She asked, trying to get him to think of something, but he remained silent. She watched him, worry etched across her features, keeping in the corner of her eye the vision of the orc with the arrow to Aran's head. The orc suddenly grinned again.

"You keep your soldiers in line well, elf. You are as good a military commander as I am." She resisted the urge to roll her eyes, not sure whether that was a compliment or not. "If place of your friends, I want you?"

Harma took a step backwards, as if stricken. "Me?" She placed her hands on her hips, the image of defiance. "And what if I do not comply to this?"

The captain whistled a bit and the soldier now aimed his bow at Harma's head. "I kill you instead."

[Slight cliffie!! Have fun with it]
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 02:00
Legolas managed to slip into the cave, staying hidden behind a rock. He heard the conversation, and when the soldier pointed the bow at Harma, he couldn't bear it.

He ran from behind the rock and pointed his bow towards the captain's head.

"If you touch one strand of her or her friend's hair, you will die. Tell all your orcs to put down their weapons and back up, or you will have to manage with an arrow through your head. And do not try to order anything to them, because I can say I am fast enough to kill any of you before you do anything to us."

Unfortunately for Legolas, he wasn't paying any attention to what happened behind. While he was talking to the captain, an orc came behind him. He took his sword and hit Legolas' head with the hilt. The elf fell on the ground. "Harma..." he managed to say before he passed out.

Aragorn was getting worried. It had passed enough time for Legolas to find the encampement and report back.

"I will not make the same mistake as I did with Aran and Terry." he said to himself.

After that he gathered his army of elves.

"Soldiers, we ride forth to get rid of the orc filth that poisons this land!"
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 05:48
Harma growled and turned back to the orc captain. Now she was extremely angry, and that was never a good thing. She drew the knife from underneath her skirt. The captain's eyes widened. He had heard rumors of her battle skills and strength, and he was now at least a bit frightened.

"Let my friends go, and I might not hurt you," she said between clenched teeth. The captain looked up at his soldiers and nodded. They let Aran and Terry go, and Aran picked Legolas up and brought him with them. He turned and realized that Harma was not coming with them. She gave him a look, and his eyes widened, and Terry's began to tear. Harma realized it, and so did they... This might be the last time that they saw each other. Harma nodded, begging with her eyes for them to leave, and they did.

Harma turned back to the captain, who was now sneering. His soldiers had surrounded her, and one clenched her wrist in a clawed hand until she heard her bones crunch and she whimpered in pain, her knife falling from her now useless hand. She glared at the captain. "They will come back for me."

The captain grinned. "And we will be ready. Take her away." The orcs bound and gagged Harma and dragged her off, down one of the many tunnels connected to the cave.

[I put in a new picture of Aran. The other one in the gallery is from a while ago, and I have a new 'image' of him:
http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&gid=103&pid=24903&orderby=titleA ]

[Edited on 1/22/2005 by harmada1legolasluva]
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 07:48
Legolas sighed in his unconciousness, and finally woke up. Looking up, he saw that only Aran and Terry were with him. He got up and yelled: "Where is she? Harma, where is she?". His face was red and he was ready to fight with them. He couldn't believe they abandoned Harma.

Aragorn easily tracked the footprints of Harma and the orc. At one moment, he spotted three figures standing near a tree.

"That must be them!" he said, and hurried to see who it was. Seing Legolas, he couldn't help smiling.

"Legolas, I'm..."he began, but was interrupted by the elf.

"Shut up! They abandoned Harma, she might be dead! I don't want to hear anything until I know where she is!"

Aragorn's eyes widened. Legolas never snapped at Aragorn, and now he looked as if he could kill him. Then, the man understood... his friend was in love.

"Aran, Terry, what happened?" he asked, in a calm voice.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 11:12
Terry looked over at Aragorn, her eyes rimmed with tears again. "Harma sacrificed herself for us." She sniffed and shook her head, looking at the ground, unable to speak any longer.

Aran wrapped an arm around his friend and looked up at Aragorn. "I do not think it would be wise to send an army in after her, Aragorn. Their numbers are too great, and they will be expecting an attack." At this, Terry turned and sobbed into his shoulder. He patted her head, his own eyes dim with grief. He looked over at Legolas. "I am sorry."
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 09:30
Aragorn's face lightened. "So...they expect an attack. That can be used to our advantage. Once again, we must sneak in their base. We will send a few of our man to get in, and get Harma out. They will not pay attention to our scouts, because they expect an army. All we have to do is to decide who will go in."

"I will!" said Legolas.

Aragorn looked at him. "My friend, I know how much you ... care for her, but you have been wounded. I'm not sure it is such a good idea."

Legolas looked in his eyes. "I will go." he said, and Aragorn sighed.

"Very well, but I will also go...I haven't forgotten everything about my ranger life. Now, who else will go?"
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 05:17
Terry glanced over at Aran, who was shaking his head. She raised her chin is defiance and looked back over at Aragorn. "I will go, also."

Aran sighed resolutely. "And, I will too."

Tasar walked up behind them. "Count me in as well."

Terry grinned and wrapped an arm around Tasar's shoulders, hugging her close. She had not seen Tasar since early in the battle.

Tasar pulled out of Terry's grasp and drew her sword, a dangerous glint in her eye. "Let's go kill some orc."
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 12:33
Hoshash stayed in the background as the captain talked with the whiteskin. For one moment as the whiteskin turned her head to the side, Hoshash saw... it must be wrong. Pointed ears? Hoshash scratched her head, she had never heard of whiteskins with pointed ears before. But then again, before she left the mountains she had bever seen people with white skin either.

When Hoshash looked up from her thoughts, she realised the situation had changed. Another pointyeared whiteskin was laying on the ground, the prisoners was gone and the soldiers were heading off down into the tunnel. Hoshash began to follow, but as she took the first step, she suddenly remembered all the pushes and shoves, and punches and lashings. Why should she follow them?

Revenge.

The word echoed in her head. She had never heard it, but it somehow tasted nice. She began to jump around and pretended to chase a butterfly, that was the typical stupid thing a snaga could do. As she disappeared behind a bush, away from the eyes of the watchpost, she bolted. Using her keen ears and sense of smell, she slowly tracked her way back towards the battlefield, following the scout's trail. She was so concentrated on her tracking though, so she didn't notice that she was going straight into the arms of the army...

Suddenly, Hoshash's nose caught a new scent. She sniffed contemplating, then she froze. Whiteskins, and all of them staring at her! Not knowing what else to do, she threw herself flat onto the ground with a squeak, placing her hands upon her neck.

[Edited on 23/1/2005 by Mistah_Finderáva]
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 08:49
Aragorn was the first to spot the snaga.

"Don't let her escape." he yelled, and hurried to catch the thing. Legolas pinned her on the ground, while Aragorn stared at her.

"You definetely don't look like any other snaga I have seen before." he said, not knowing how to treat that thing. It look so scared, that Aragorn almost felt pitty.

"Tell me what's your name, and what are you doing here. Do you bear a message from your leader? Do you have news of Queen Harma?"
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 07:54
Hoshash yelped as she was suddenly pinned down by something. She tried to curl into a ball and squeezed her eyes shut, prepared for any pain that might follow. But no pain came, and as she realised she was just being held, she slowly opened her eyes again, looking at the whiteskin standing in front of her.

"Ehhm.. gur ti.. no, Hoshash is Hoshash," she stammered. Then her courage grew a bit. "Means 'shut up'. Other uruki not nice, not at all. They come with whips, and sticks, lashing and biting. Do what they say, or refuse to, doesn't matter for them, they whip you no matter what." She shrugged. "So Hoshash left. No point in doing what they say when they whip even if we do what they say. Message? No message, no. Uruki think snagas are stupid, would never trust us with messages to others. But Hoshash know where they went."

She crept together a bit, the sudden flash of courage leaving her, and she eyed the whiteskins suspiciously.

[Edited on 24/1/2005 by Mistah_Finderáva]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 09:32
Aran looked down at the orc with a bit of respect. "Where did they go?" He was more worried about his friend than about a stray orc who did not want to follow the others.

Terry looked over at Aran and recognized the look on his face. She then glanced over at the orc. She, personally, did not trust the creature to tell the truth but since Aran was considered wiser than she, though she had no idea why, she trusted him to do the right thing.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 12:08
Hoshash looked up at the one who had spoken.

"Down, down, into the tunnels where all prisoners go." She hesitaded for a short while, then asked: "What're ye gonna do with Hoshash?"
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 08:38
Aragorn looked at the creature.

"You have been very helpful. If what you say is true and we manage to get Queen Harma out of your encampement, no harm will come to you. In fact, you will remembered as a hero for helping rescue the queen. We, humans, elves and any other free races, do not hate the orcs. We do not attack an orc unless it attacks us first. So you need not to worry, for we won't touch you."

Aragorn was ready to give the signal to the "scouts" to move, but he realised that through the tunnels it would have been hard to find his way.

"Hoshash, I have to ask you something: can you come with us, to show us the way? You could lead us to Queen Harma, and out of there. We would all be very thankful."

He looked at the snaga, trying to see what his reaction would be. Because, if he said no, their mission would have been difficult, almost impossible.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 04:39
Terry glanced over at Aran, wondering if he thought it was a good idea to ask the snaga for help. This could all be a trap, she seemed to say, is it wise?

Aran shrugged and looked back over at the orc and Aragorn. Aragorn seemed to know what he was doing, so he would not interfere.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 07:49
Hoshash thought for a while, then she shrugged. She didn't know what 'hero' meant, nor did she know this 'Kveen' they were talking about. Perhaps it was the name of the whiteskin they were looking for.

"Hoshash can help. But won't be easy getting past the guards. Hoshash no good fighter." She looked up at Aragorn, briefly showing her sharp fangs in a smile. "You show way now, tarkiob krîtar." Then she laughed silently in a very orcish manner, as if what she had said was something funny.

[Edited on 26/1/2005 by Mistah_Finderáva]
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 10:57
Aragorn looked at the snaga. He tried to thing about the meaning of "tarkiob kritar", but he couldn't find it.

"What does tarkiob kritar mean? I do not know this word, nor in what language it is...". He tried not to look suspicious. After the orc laughed, Aragorn started thinking that it wasn't such a good idea to ask an orc for help. What if this was a trap? And he wasn't alone...he was going to lead all his friends into the trap. He had to talk to Legolas, Aran, Tasar, and Terry.

"Hoshash, I need to talk to my captains."he said, and left Hoshash alone, before she could answer his question.

Walking next to Aran and Legolas, he whispered.

"Tell me, what do you think of this orc. To me, he looks different than any other I have seen. I saw no lie in his eyes,but I can be wrong. Let us decide together if we trust this snaga, or not! I must say his laughter worried me, but I still do not fell that he lies."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 02:36
Terry glanced down at Hoshash, then over at Aran and the others. "I think that our orc friend is a she." Aran looked over at her with a bewildered glance, wondering why it could possibly matter. Terry shrugged. "You know how embarrassed I used to get when people thought that I was a boy."

Aran shook his head, as if throwing off her comment. "Still, I would not trust her to lead us to Harma. And I doubt that it would do us any good to be led into the cave by her, surrounded by the other orcs. We can defeat her while she is alone, but once we get there... we are done."
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 08:32
"I agree, mellon nin." said Legolas. "That she-orc is dangerous. It is like walking in a dragon's lair and yelling <>. How can we be sure she isn't going to betray us? I say we don't accept her."

Aragorn sighed.

"You haven't thought about all the problem. It is true we can't trust her...but it will be very difficult to manage in those caves. You know how orc lairs are, like labyrints. We might get lost, and we bump into a horde of orcs, we are done for. But, yet again, we don't know if Hoshash is to be trusted. I do not know what to do!"
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 06:03
Terry looked down at Hoshash, then over at Aragorn. "I think it would be best to follow her." Aran stared at her in disbelief. "Aran, listen to my reasoning. If we do not follow her, we may get lost and fall into a trap. If we do follow her, she may lead us into a trap, but she also may lead us to our destination. We have more of a chance of finding Harma following her than not."

Aran sighed. "Alright. We follow her."
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 11:22
Aragorn nodded in agreement.

"We will take Hoshash as our guide. If she leads us into a trap, I think we are able to escape. And we won't leave without Harma."

After that, he stared at Aran.

"Aran, I need to talk to you about something...come with me."

He lead the elf in a quiet spot.

"Aran, I know you are a skilled fighter, but...I don't want you to come. If anything happens to you, what am I going to tell Thara?"he said, letting Aran know he knew their little secret. Aragorn always kept a close watch on his daughter, and knew almost anything that happened with her. And her love for Aran was obvious. He was going to have a talk with the elf, to find out his intentions with his daughter, but that was going to happen after the war was over.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 04:38
Aran frowned. He understood Aragorn's intentions and his feelings for his daughter, but to him helping his friend was more important. "Thara must understand that if she falls in love with a fighter, there is always the danger of him dying. I will not stand down merely because she may not be able to handle it. I do care for her, very much, but I have known Harma much longer and care for her more. I am going to help my friend." With that, he turned and walked back to Terry. He was proud of himself for not loosing his temper with Aragorn, as he was prone to do, and that he had spoken very levelly. He turned to Terry.

"Terry... If you were in love with someone, and they did not want you to fight, would you?"

Terry nodded. "Unless, of course, they were horribly injured. That would change everything."

Aran nodded and smiled. "Thank you."

Terry raised an eyebrow, not sure as to what that was about, but sure that she would find out soon enough.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 03:40
Aragorn stood for a moment bewildered. He didn't expect to get such an answer. He forgot that he went to many wars, although he loved Arwen. And the she-elf had asked him so many times to not risk his life.

But now he was a father, and the most important thing was his daughter. He understood Aran, but, even so, he couldn't let anything happen to him.

He went back to the group, avoiding to look at Aran.

"Are you ready? We will go now. Hoshash, you will lead the way." he said in a commanding manner.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 02:29
Hoshash lifted her head when Aragorn spoke her name. She grunted and gave him a nod in answer, then she began walking in the direction of the cave.

"You said before you wanted to know what 'tarkiob krîtar' meant. 'Tark' is, in Hoshash's speech, the name of you whiteskins with round ears. Hoshash don't know if you're real tarki, Hoshash has never seen a tark before, nor anything that looks like you. 'Krîtar' is..." She thought for a moment. "Warchief, warlord... big big leader. Though that title only applies to Uruki. No snaga could ever be a krîtar, and especially never any other... race. T'is quite the laughin' matter, that a snaga calls some one who's not an uruk for master..."

She winced for a moment and threw suspicious glances at the surrounding trees. "If anyone finds out Hoshash said that... Wouldn't be much left of Hoshash afterwards, that's for sure," she muttered silently, as if talking to herself, altough anyone around could easily hear what she said.

Reaching the place where the forest around the cave had been cut down and burned to extend the view of the watchposts, Hoshash huddled behind a heap of still smoking burned branches. Here, her dirty leather clothes and dark skin and hair easily blended in with the burned and dusty ground. Even the stripes and pieces of leather that hung loosely onto her tunic and which had first seemed completely misplaced, now made their part in concealing her. In the distance it would have been very difficult not to mistake the small orc for just another pile of dirt.

"Tarki be careful," she whispered hoarsely. "That's the main entrance to the tunnels. There be three watchposts there, but Hoshash don't know where they are. They're moving all the time, and you can't kill them, not unless you want the whole place swarmed."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 03:38
Terry bit her bottom lip to keep herself from saying anything. She frowned. "Then how in Middle Earth are we supposed to get past them?"

Aran thought for a moment, then picked up a large branch and threw it into the bushes to the left of them. He then hid behind the bush that Hoshash was behind. "Hopefully, that will attract their attention..." He watched as three Uruks walked out of the cave to investigate. He smiled. "Of course it will." He then straightened a bit. "Now is our chance..." He looked over at Aragorn, waiting for his reaction to the plan.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 08:42
Aragorn muttered a "Thank you, Hoshash.", and looked at Legolas, letting him know that they will attack.

"Go!" he said, and started running towards the cave. He reached the cave safely, and turned to look at the others.

"Hurry." he whispered, because the uruks were almost finished investigating the noise.
<< First89101112Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email