Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213
Author Topic:
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The grand courtship ball (open to All races!!!)
on: March 04, 2005 04:04
The dragon stared at them for a long while. No thought or emotion could be seen behind the glowing, green eyes. Then it moved its head slightly to look at Hoshash, who still lay flat on the ground. It rumbled and sighed, blowing hot air down over her. Hoshash recoiled with a squeak as the burning air hit her back, and got to her feet. The roared again, but this time words could somehow be heard amidst the noise.

"Why you... bring ancient enemies here?"

"Enemies?" Hoshash answered. "Oh no, these tarki no enemies. They be nice to Hoshash, so Hoshash helps them. But nasty other Uruki tries to stop us. Hoshash knows you not be liking them, so Hoshash leads tarki here."

The dragon snorted. "I know these... weak beings. I have seen them... before. Another of my kind... went westward in the open air some time ago... never knew his name... but beings as these killed him... so why should I help them...?"

Hoshash looked around, as if seeking a way out of this. "Because, err... because..." The dragon drew itself up, as if ready to attack. "Be-because... other Uruki is sent by your rival!!!" she shouted in terror. Sharkash narrowed her eyes.

"My... rival?"

"Yes... That big flamy thing you told Hoshash of once. Hoshash still be an Uruk, didn't want to give her kin away. But have no choice..."

Now the dragon was clearly furious. "So he has returned... sending his weak slaves to conquer my kingdom!" Sharkash roared in rage, crashing away past the whiteskins with nothing on her mind other than to extinguish the lives of the hated intruders. Hoshash went over to Aran and pulled his tunic to get his attention.

"Let's get out of here before she finds someone who tells that Hoshash lied," she said. "With some luck, there won't be anyone left when she's cooled down."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 09:42
Aran nodded furiously. "Of course, of course. Which way?" At Hoshash's point and run, he followed her, still clutching Harma.

Tasar and Terry followed not far off, Terry still nursing an injured arm. She had not told Tasar of her cut yet, because she did not want to have to take the time to heal it. Instead, she bore the pain with no emotion, and continued running.

Harma suddenly shivered in Aran's arms, her skin very pale. Aran frowned. He might not have been a healer, but he knew that this was not a good sign.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 12:11
Then suddenly, they were out in the open air on the surface again. Hoshash recoiled as sharp daylight pierced her eyes, but she pulled her hood up and continued out on the cliffs. They were some hours further north from where they had entered the caverns of the orcs.

"Hoshash don't know the way from here," the little orc said while panting for air from the long run. She went over to peek at Harma, who lay pale in Aran's arms. "She sick?"
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 09:40
Legolas saw Harma shiver, and he felt himself shiver with fear for her life. He ran until reached the exit, but all the way he looked at no one else except Harma.

Aragorn knew that they were far from the road that lead to Harma's castle. And he didn't know the way. He looked at Aran with wide eyes, hoping he knew a shortcut.

harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 10:31
Tasar looked around. She recognized the area from her many wanderings with Harma, when they were young and liked to cause trouble. She pointed off to the west. "Three leagues west, and we will be back on the road to the city. It should only be two leagues from there." She walked over to Aran. "How is she?"

Aran merely shook his head. "She may not..." He drifted off, afraid to say any more. Harma shivered again, but it was more of a convulsion than a shiver, for she spasmed and then lay still. Tasar placed a hand to her forehead. Her skin felt, and looked, like ice. She shook her head. "We must hurry," she called to everyone, and began off at a run in the correct direction.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 06:16
Hoshash looked at the humans, then at the mountains, then back again. With a last glance at the mountains she shrugged and began following the others. She didn't know what would happen if she followed them all the way back to their home, but if she returned to the mountains, she would definitely get her intestines ripped out for betrayal. It wasn't a pleasant thought, so she took the other way, the one that (maybe) led to safety.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 01:17
Legolas ran, but often stumbled upon rocks, for he paid no attention to where he was going. He only looked at Harma, frightened that she may die in any moment in Aran's arms.

"Easy, melon nin. She will be fine."

Legolas nodded, but didn't say anything.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 01:44
Tasar weaved through the trees that had constantly thickened as they were running as swiftly as water flows between rocks. She turned to watch the others for a moment, to make sure they were not too far behind, then continued running.

About an hour and a half later, she led them onto a dirt road. She sighed and turned to the others. "It will be another hour from here, if we retain the same pace. Come along." She jogged easily down the road, Aran behind her carrying Harma gently in his arms, and Terry lagging behind a tad but still keeping up a reasonable speed.
Mistah_Finderáva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 12:12
Hoshash did her best to keep up with the swift-footed whiteskins. This wasn't really what she had been thinking of when she pictured a life in freedom, but no freedom without sacrifice, so she hung on.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 04:49
Legolas wanted to finish the road in a minut, not an hour. For him, every second that passed brought Harma closer to her death, and along with that, to his own death.

Aragorn ran along, hoping for the sake of his friend that Harma would be alright.

After some time, they finaly saw the city.

"There it is!" yelled Aragorn, relieved. "Let's hurry."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 01:32
Aran ran into the palace first, speeding along the halls until he reached the hall of healing. He skidded to a halt in front of one of the doors and opened it, walking in and placing Harma on the bed. Tasar followed soon after, pushing Aran out of the room and locking the door.

Aran slumped against the wall opposite the door, sliding down until he was sitting on the floor with his knees folded against his chest. He shook his head, threading his fingers through his hair and closing his eyes. "She will not make the night," he whispered to Terry, who had just sat down next to him, cross legged on the floor.

Terry sighed and wrapped an arm around her friend's shoulders. "She will be fine, Aran. She will be."
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 03:11
Legolas gazed at the entrance, but did not go in. He was afraid, altough he did not know why.

Aragorn thought for a moment before saying anything. "Maybe you shouldn't see Harma now. Let's go to Thara until Tasar is finished with her. She will be fine."

Legolas nodded, barely aware of what Aragorn said. Seing that his friend keeps gazing at the door, Aragorn pushed Legolas inside. He remembered about Hoshash, and turned to look at the little orc. "Follow me. When the Queen will be healed, she will thank you, but for now, I will keep you company."

[Edited on 3/4/2005 by laharah]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 12:35
Three hours later, the sun had set outside. The halls were cold and bare, dark and empty. Aran had his eyes closed, his forehead resting against his arms, which were folded over his bended knees. Terry was sitting beside him, staring blankly at the door.

The door suddenly opened. Tasar stepped outside, sweat beading on her forehead, looking very tired and worn. She closed the door behind her and leaned against it. She glanced over at her two friends and shook her head, closing her eyes. "I have no more strength in me tonight," she said quietly, voice cracking with emotion. "She cannot hold on much longer." She brushed a few strands of hair off her forehead. "If I sleep a bit, I might be able to continue working tomorrow."

Terry could hear the despair in Tasar's voice and choked back a sob. She stood and flew into Tasar's outstretched arms, burying her face in the other woman's chest as she began to cry. Aran merely remained in the exact same position he had been in for the past two hours, but slowly tears began to crawl down his cheeks and dampen the sleeves of his shirt. Their Harma - their best friend - was dying.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 07:55
When they entered Thara's room, Legolas was in the same state as before.

"Hoshash, you better wait here until I tell my wife and daughter about you. Don't worry, it will take only a few minutes." said Aragorn.

Thara, who was awake, jumped up with joy, but Arwen pushed her back on the pillows and smiled to her husband.

"Glad to see you're back, your Highness." chuckeled Arwen. "How was the war?"

"Well, we won." answered Aragorn altough his voice was filled with sorrow, and he looked only at Legolas, who now stood on a chair with his face in his hands, whispering "Hold on, Harma!".

Thara looked at Arwen, then at Legolas, then at her father.

"Hmmm.. dad, is there something wrong with Legolas?"

"You might say that... Look, the war went as bad as it could get. When Harma surrendered herself to the orcs, Aran and Terry tried to save her, but they were cought. They made it out, but without Harma. Me, Legolas, Tasar, Aran and Terry, plus a little she-orc, Hoshash, who helped us, tried to rescue her, and we did, but a little late. I don't know how much she suffered in their dungeons, but she was almost dead when we found her. And the journey back, who took about three hours, weakened her. We are not sure that she is going to make it."

Legolas only buried his head deeper in his arms.

Thara and Arwen didn't manage to say anything.

Aragorn, in the meantime, called Hoshash in.

But, before he could say anything, Arwen interrupted him. "Do you think I should call Ada?"

Aragorn's face lightened: "Yes, he's the only one who can save her now."

The she-elf concentrated as hard as she could, and tried to communicate to her father using telepathy, which usually worked, but not from such a distance.

"Ada, if you hear me, give me a sign, answer back. Harma is in a very bad condition, and we need your healing powers. Please hurry to Harma's palace, she will not last for long."

A heavy silence fell. After a few seconds, that seemed like ages, Arwen felt her father talking to her. "I hear you, my daughter. Do not worry, I am coming."

Arwen laughed: "Ada is coming. Let's go tell the others. Harma is saved."

Aragorn smiled also. "I will go.". He started running towards the halls of healing, with Legolas close behind him, who now was in a much better condition that before.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 12:33
Tasar released Terry from her embrace when she heard light foot falls approaching them. She turned and watched sadly as Aragorn and Legolas ran towards them, and she shook her head as they slowed and stopped.

Aran looked up and saw that the two had rather excited expressions across their faces. This confused him, for he thought that they would be rather upset at the moment. Maybe they did not care for Harma as greatly as he thought they did? He stood and folded his arms across his chest. "Perhaps the two of you are not aware, but the leader of this city is dying within that very room," he gestured to the door. "It would be wise for you to keep that in mind before you continue to run about the halls with joyous expressions; it would not sit well with her followers or her friends to see you as such." He was very obviously upset; whenever he got emotional in the slightest, it was very easy for emotions to be replaced by others, so, sadness very quickly was replaced by anger.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 12:19
Legolas started laughing at Aran's anger.

"We know that she is in peril of dying, but she will be saved in less than one day. Elrond is coming. Arwen told him that. So, you do not need to worry anymore."

Aragorn only nodded, smiling all the way.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 12:35
Tasar merely shook her head again. "She will not survive the night, Lord Aragorn. If she does not receive some treatment now, there will be nothing Lord Elrond can do when he arrives." She opened the door to the healing chambers again, prepared to work through the night to keep Harma alive until the next day.

Terry walked over to the door and stopped it from closing. "Tasar, is there not anyway that I can help?"

Tasar turned around to watch Terry thoughtfully for a moment. "Actually - there is. Come in." Terry did so, and the door shut behind the two women.

Aran sat down against the wall again and threaded his fingers in his hair. "I am sorry, My Lords, for being so rude. I just - " His voice cracked, and he began to sob lightly. "I just cannot bear to loose her." He could say no more, for his sobs were overwhelming him.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 07:31
On hearing the bad news, Legolas's joy dissapeared, being replaced by anger, sorrow and disbelief. He thought...no, he hoped Elrond will be Harma's savior, but it seemed that Harma still had to survive before he came. And from Tasar's tone, there weren't many chances for her.

Unlike Aran, he didn't fell like crying. He felt like he was standing on the edge of a deep hole in the ground, and he knew he will certainly die if he jumped, but he couldn't do anything else. A sense of dispair overcame him.

"I am sorry." he managed to say, and left Aragorn alone with Aran.

Aragorn didn't know what to do. He felt helpless. He was sorry for Legolas and worried about Harma.

"Aran, I do not mean to be rude, but I do not think there is much you can do here for Harma sobbing. She needs her friends to be strong for her. Maybe a little fresh air will give you the strenght to believe. She will survive, you will see. Come now!"
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 08:22
Aran takes a deep breath and nods, wiping his eyes. "You are correct, my lord." He stands. "Perhaps some fresh air would help." He walks through the halls until he gets to the front doors, opening them and stepping out into the cool air. He shuts the doors again and walks around the outside of the palace until he reaches the gardens, through which he walks and sits on one of the stone benches.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 09:28
Aragorn knew there wasn't anything else he could do waiting outside the healing room. He decided to leave Aran and Legolas to calm down and decided to stay with Thara and Arwen.

He entered the room and found that Arwen and Thara were waiting for him.

"Well?" asked Arwen. "What did they say? They were glad, weren't they?"

"It seems that Harma is in a very bad state. She might die before Lord Elrond gets here!" said Aragorn, sighing.

In the meantime, Legolas went outside. He came to the nearest tree and kicked it as hard as he could, only causing his foot a lot of pain. He started walking throught to the palace garden until he saw Aran.

Without saying anything, he came and stood next to the half-elf, gazing into the horizon, remembering all the moments he shared with Harma when they were younger.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 09:23
[Um.. Just a little aside, Aran is not a half-elf. He is a pure-blooded elf.]

Aran does not acknowledge the presence of Legolas for a few moments, then he turns and looks over at the - to him - young man.

"I think it is the surprise that it is Harma who is hurt that makes me the most upset," he says suddenly. "She is the one who, out of all of us, I had thought to be invincible. She was always so carefree and uncaring - the thought of her perishing never passed any of our minds." He then fell silent again, gazing out into the distance of the trees.

[Edited on 4/30/2005 by harmada1legolasluva]
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 09:40
(Sorry about Aran. I was thinking about another character. :blush: And Legolas was sitting with Aran, not Aragorn. )

Legolas stared at Aran for some time, before speaking.

"I understand you. When we were children, I was always the one who got beaten by her. All the other elves laughed at me, but she always stood by my side." Pausing for a moment, the elf sighed.

"It must be hard for you." he continued. "But it is just as hard for me. Just before the attack, me and her...I mean we...well, I said I loved her. I cannot imagine anything bad happening now to her."

After this words, he didn't say anything else, waiting to see Aran's reaction. He was the first person Legolas talked to about his love for the queen.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 09:02
Aran blinks in surprise and merely stares at the prince for a moment. He and Harma had had an affair in the past, and it had never occurred to him that she would most probably fall in love again - move on with her life. He had, of course, so why could she not? She did not object to his relationship with Thara, at least not to him, so why should he speak out against her and Legolas? They were a good match, very obviously, and if Aran could have picked anyone for Harma to be with it would have been him.

After this moment of speculation, Aran smiles. "I am very happy for you, Legolas. Harma is a wonderful person - you will make each other very happy."
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 08:46
Legolas smiled faintly.

"I'm sure we will. She loved me since we were children. I never realised I loved her also, until last night. I made her suffer many times, hanging out with other she-elves, pretending I didn't know about her love."

He stopped for a moment and sighed again.

"That is, we will be happy together, if she..." his voice cracked and he tried hard to hide his tears.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 10:48
Tasar walks out into the gardens, wiping sweat and tears off her face. She quickly finds the two men and places a gentle hand on Aran's shoulder. Aran looks up and their eyes meet; he knows what she is there for. He stands and turns to Legolas. "Come with us, Legolas."

Tasar leads the two into the healing room. Harma's pale face makes barely any contrast against the white pillow, making an odd sight that she is blended with the fabric. Her chest is barely moving, her skin robbed of warmth.

Aran looks over at Legolas and steps aside. "You speak to her first, Legolas. She will hear you." His eyes are sparkling with tears he is not yet ready to shed, for all hope is not yet lost. Not yet.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 07:15
Legolas started to tremble violently. Seing his beloved in such a state was worse than imagining it.

He walked close to her bed, tears running freely across his face.

"If you can hear me, than know that everything is done to save you. If you could hold on just a little longer, only a few hours, Elrond will come. I'm sure he can cure you. But, you have to fight. I don't know what I will do without you...and I don't want to know. Please, give me a sign that you understood, that you can resist until his arrival..."

He looked at her with despair in his eyes, as if the sign (or absence of sign) was his freeing or sentence to death.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 12:17
Terry shakes her head, standing at the foot of the bed. She thinks it is useless because she, of course, now knows the severity of the elf's condition.

But then, Harma's fingers twitch. They very visibly, and very noticeably, move. Tasar sees this and grabs onto the other's woman's hand, feeling that it is warm - naturally, warm - to the touch. She smiles and tears begin to form in her eyes at the good sign. "That's my girl," she whispers. "Just hang on there, Harma." Her fingers twitch again, as if telling Tasar that she is doing just that.

Aran cannot smile or frown. He is too relieved by the thought that she will be alright, in the end.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 08:01
Legolas smiled and didn't say anything, but he kissed Harma's head.

"I knew you wouldn't let me down." he whispered in her ears.

Looking at the others, he smiled again. "I guess you want to be alone with her. I said everything I needed to tell her. I'll go tell Aragorn. He'll be pleased."

Saying this, he took off, leaving Harma with her friends.

He knew where he would find Aragorn: in Thara's chamber, of course. "That man can't spend a moment without his daughter.". He chuckled slightly. Now, that his beloved was alright, he could afford thinking about other things.

Arriving in the girl's room, he saw only Thara.

"Hmm..where are Aragorn and Arwen?"

"Grandpa is here! They saw him just a minut ago." smiled the girl, overexcited.

Legolas just ran down the corridors to the exit, where Elrond was greeting his daughter and "son". He bowed in deep respect for the elf. "Ellen sila lummen omentielvo, Lord Elrond. You are most welcome. But let's go see queen Harma, only you can save her."

The four walked in, towards the queen's sick-chambers.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 09:11
Tasar looked up as the small group walked in, bowing her head in respect for Lord Elrond. Terry and Aran did the same and left, giving the elf some room and allowing him to speak with Tasar.

Tasar was still holding Harma's hand, and rubbed the back of the steadily warming skin with her thumb. "I have already given her moonswillow and vorealasse, my lord." She looked down at her friend. "I do not think that medicines are of any more use here." She released Harma's hand with a small smile and bowed her head towards Elrond once more. "I will allow you to work your magic, my lord." With that, she swept out of the room.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 07:49
"I will have to ask you to leave me alone with Queen Harma." he told the others, wanting to have as much peace and quiet as there could be.

When the others walked out, he closed the door and started the long and difficult process of healing.

Aragorn, Legolas and Arwen decided to stay on the corridor. Afer a few hours, that seemed like ages, Elrond walked out. He was very pale, and he was sweating.

"It was a hard thing, but I managed it. She will be fine. All she needs now are a couple of weeks in her bed, with no worries. She should be back on her feet in no time. You can go in and see her. I believe you want that." he said, smiling faintly.

Arwen, seing her father in such a state, decided to first lead him to her room, where he could rest for a while. Afer that she was going to visit her friend, now that she was out of danger.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 11:21
Tasar stepped into the room first, as Terry and Aran allowed her too. She smiled at the sight of her obviously healing friend and moved quickly to her side, taking her hand once more. She gently brushed her lips against her knuckles and then set Harma's hand back down, watching in slight amazement as the other woman's eyes fluttered open.

Harma smiled weakly. She did not know exactly what had happened, only that there was immense pain, then blissful nothingness, then sadness, and now life. She tried to move her hand up, but her muscles would not cooperate. Tasar saw this and took her hand again, squeezing it gently. "Do not scare me like that again, Harma. I cannot bear it."

Harma nodded softly and opened her mouth to speak, but Tasar stopped her. "No talking for a while, dear. We will understand you." Harma nodded again, then frowned. "I will take over your duties for the next couple weeks. Do not worry yourself; I will handle everything." Harma smiled in gratitude and then looked over towards the door, where Terry and Aran were waiting patiently to visit the patient.

Tasar stepped aside from the bed to allow Aran to walk over next. He bent down and hugged Harma's thin frame, brushing her hair out of her face and kissing her on the forehead. Terry did the same, only she kissed Harma on the cheek.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 07:23
Legolas paced through the corridor like a worried husband.

"Mellon nin, relax, she is fine!" said Aragorn, almost laughing at his friend.

"But, if she was fine, they wouldn't take that long, Aran, Terry and Tasar!"

"It's been only a few minutes since they entered."

"Exactly...What if something happened to her?"

"I'm sure they would have told us."

Legolas's heart lightened a bit at this thought. Yes, they wouldn't have kept for themselves if Harma wasn't well. They were just taking a little (too much, thought Legolas) time to spend with the queen. The elf couldn't wait to see his beloved.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 11:40
Terry and Aran walked back out into the hallway. Aran smiled down the corridor at Legolas. "You may visit her now, Legolas."

Tasar helped Harma sit up and slowly helped her drink a glass of water. She coughed after the first sip, her throat dry and her stomach still recuperating, but swallowed the rest with little difficulty. Tasar smiled and set the glass back down, helped Harma lie back down, then left the room as Legolas walked in.
laharah
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 07:23
Legolas walked in like he was entering a library, where everyone had to be quiet. Seing Harma awake he couldn't help smiling. "Thank you, Eru!" he said in his mind and approached Harma very slowly. He kneeled beside the bed, and kissed the queen's hand.

"How are you feeling? You gave us all a good scare." he said smiling to the she-elf.

Meanwhile, Aragorn felt relieved when his friend entered the queen's room. He didn't know how much of Legolas's crazy ideas he could take. He knew that Legolas was going to stay there a long time, so he decided to check on Thara.

He was very pleased with what he found. Thara was standing near the window, gazing outside.

"I see you are feeling a lot better." he said.

"Yeah. I was getting bored and decided to try my luck. I can stand up with no problems. How is Harma? Is she ok?"

"She's fine. Your grandpa did a great job in healing her. Legolas is with her now."

"I want to see her, when she has time. I'm glad she made it."

"Don't worry, you will. But a little later. Now back to bed."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 10:51
Harma opened her mouth and spoke in a raspy voice, much unlike her own. "I am much better now." She smiled and squeezed Legolas's hand. "I am glad you are here." She swallowed forcefully once, talking obviously a task for her at the moment.

Outside in the hallway, Terry turned to Aran. "I am going to go to the kitchen to see if the cooks can get me anything to eat. I am simply famished."

Aran chuckled. "When are you not?"

Terry smiled brightly and shrugged, then gave Aran a rather meaningful look. "You should visit Thara. You have not seen her in a while, and I am sure she is missing you."

A bit of disappointment flooded Aran's features at that, but it was gone as quickly as it came. He nodded and turned, walking down the hallway a bit to Thara's room and knocking on the door.
<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email