Register

Author Topic:
Friend_of_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Did you name your computer?
on: August 20, 2004 06:07
Hi!

My computer's name is Gondor, because that's one of our favorite places in Middle Earth.
MirkwoodElfCiarrai
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 07:25
My Computers name is Virus!!!:evil:
My computer just had a nuclear melt down
a few days back.
it renamed my programs and did a
whole bunch of weird stuff
and how the heck do you get 168 pop-ups at a time!!!

heres what i do to bad computers!
:killcomp:

[Edited on 27/8/2004 by MirkwoodElfCiarrai]

[Edited on 28/8/2004 by MirkwoodElfCiarrai]
elvenmaidofmirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 07:43
My computer's name is Astinus of Palanthas!
My discman's name is Sirene!
My DVD player's name is Tanthalas Half-elven!
ok I think I'll stop...for now
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 10:32
*laughs* i've never given mine a lord of the rings name i dont think it ever occured to me. instead it got landed with good ol' fashioned bob.

maybe i could make it a double-barrelled name. like... bob-boromir.. and call it double B for short. :disco:
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 06:59
maybe i could make it a double-barrelled name. like... bob-boromir.. and call it double B for short.

I think that's a really cute idea, iarfalaswen .

It's really funny, ever since I named my computer Frodo, It's been running beautifully. I think he likes his changed name lol
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2004 01:55
maybe i could make it a double-barrelled name. like... bob-boromir.. and call it double B for short.

I think that's a really cute idea, iarfalaswen .

aw thank you dear *hug*. lol if i had a webcam i could show you a picture of the new label Double B proudly displays attached to the monitor. alright so its just a post it note saying "Double B. Bob-Boromir" but its named! seems to like it too *pats tower affectionately* doesnt seem to be giving me any trouble.
Glorfindel_of_Gondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 04:47
Me and my brother named our comp Elrond, we dont know why, maybe we were a little pissed at it
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 10:09
My Computers name is Virus!!!
My computer just had a nuclear melt down
a few days back.
it renamed my programs and did a
whole bunch of weird stuff
and how the heck do you get 168 pop-ups at a time!!!

168 pop-up at a time :twitch!?! Boy that's a lot MirkwoodElfCiarrai. Hay, did you notice, you and Friend_of_Legolas have the same Avatar, and your posted by each other. That's something rear to see. I thought it was neat

Don't you like the name, Elrond, Glorfindel_of_Gondolin? I was just wondering because you said:
Me and my brother named our comp Elrond, we don't know why, maybe we were a little pissed at it

I think the name Elrond is a cool name .
Tantalurina
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 12:45
My computors name is Manny,my DVD player is Pup,and my 2 favorite rocks are Phillip and Pierre.
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 07:33
You have pet rocks, Tantalurina ? I Love it . I haven't heard of anyone having pet rocks in a very long time. Thanks for that, and I like their names .
your computers name is cool too .
GirlJockey17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2004 01:43
I named mine Rex, because it's a dinosour. It is SO slow. I think we got it about, oh, five years ago? It's a real pain. Luckily when nothing else is running, the internet works fine.
MirkwoodElfCiarrai
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 04:53
Besides Virus,

I named a Dwarf plant Gimli,And
My 2 Finches are named Sam and Rosie:love:
Vardagaladhiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 07:15
Hey!!! I'm very glad to finally find some people who name and probably speak to their computers as well!!!!! I thought I was alone in this!!!
*giggles*I call my computer Darling, especially when its working really slowly or looks asif it is getting annoyed with me...or visa versa!!!!!
:disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco:
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2004 11:20
Well I have 4... don't ask
The one at my grandparents house is known as the "slow as ___" computer

I just got a new one for my apartment earlier this month. I love it, but it has no name yet. Hmm. Pippin? Should I name it Pippin?

My laptop has a virus too. Everything works for about 15 minutes, then ... squat. :cry: Can't use it to get online either
My old computer got a virus, and when the guy fixed it, everything but windows was erased. That one is at the house.
Those two are now known as "Hellfire and Damnation" :evil:
(D-nation is not a bad word)
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2004 09:01
I have a tendency to name furniture. My tv is called jake and my telephone is called mr. putter. It's a long story

My old computer was called Max. I couldn't figure out if my computer was a girl or a guy and I figured "Max" suited both guys and girls.

My new computer, which I adore compared to my slowly bulky useless computer, would have a name from Star Trek. I dunno, I just went with it. First I was going to go with Data who's my fav character but I don't see Data as a machine. So I went with "Q" which are onimpotent beings. They're quirky!
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 10:30
*lol* Funny thread. I just found it.

Ummm...I like to name various things in the house. Here are their "identities" :

Our computer: Qwerty (hint: watch VeggieTales)
My computer: Qwerty 2k3 (hint: play/buy "Minnesota Cuke and the Coconut Apes" [a computer game; also VeggieTales])
Our couch: "Potato" (lol; he's been in the family for 20 yrs)
Our toilets: Frank/John and Toto
Our toaster: Bob
Our TV: Toshiba

Námovaryar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 10:46
I also name my computer and swear at it a lot. Occasionally the air turns blue around me when the computer is really acting up. I call it the Ugly, Stinking, Mother-Loving Son of An Orc! USM-LSAO for short.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 10:59
Jeez, I forgot all about this thread! I named my laptop ages ago - she's named Hex, after the computer from Discworld. And she's lovely. :love: I've made another lot of arrows as well, but only one is named: "umatar", because I had to re-do the fletches more times then I'd like to count. More times then I could count on both hands.

I call it the Ugly, Stinking, Mother-Loving Son of An Orc! USM-LSAO for short.

LOL! That sounds like a good name for the downstairs PC. Or Tesco.net, which is the Internet service we have.

Fortunately, I now have a new laptop which I named Elanor, because it`s cute and small

0.o There's a PC with my name!
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 08:03
Hey!!! I'm very glad to finally find some people who name and probably speak to their computers as well!!!!! I thought I was alone in this!!!

Your, definitely not alone Vardagaladhiel when it comes to talking to your computer . I am also guilty in that category . One day I went and changed my desk around, so I took Frodo, that's my Computer's name, apart so I could move him out of the way. After I got everything the way I wanted it I put Frodo back in place and set him up. I turned him on and he wouldn't talk to me . So I started a hairy out conversation with this machine. I said, "Why wont you talk to me Frodo, did I do something wrong?" It's like, I sitting that me deck waiting for Frodo to answer me :rolleyes: :twitch:. Yea...I was !

I also name my computer and swear at it a lot. Occasionally the air turns blue around me when the computer is really acting up. I call it the Ugly, Stinking, Mother-Loving Son of An Orc! USM-LSAO for short.

Ohhh yea, been there done that Námovaryar. my computer gave me a lot acting up when I had windows 98 , but now that I have Xp it's been working wonderful. Yea, there are time when Frodo has his bad days .

I named mine Rex, because it's a dinosaur. It is SO slow. I think we got it about, oh, five years ago? It's a real pain. Luckily when nothing else is running, the Internet works fine.

That's great GirlJockey17 that your Internet works fine. I have a friend that has a top brand up to date Computer and his runs like a snail when he's on the Internet, because his server sucks :rolleyes:.

I'm also glad to read that I'm not the only one that names other thing's besides my computer, lol .

[Edited on 26/2/2005 by hobbitmom]
Calledor
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 09:35
Endinall, city of the Ahrethan hero Daydanel the mighty and fell.
werewolflemming
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 08:23
Thanks to me, our family computer is called Marvin (Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy) and I think it fits quite well, because our computer is very very slow, as if it doesn't think running programs is worth it.
Darth_Pippin1
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 02:20
When my computer's good, I call it Aragorn. When it's bad I call it Sauron.

My iPod's name is Tom DeLonge because it's so darn cute just like the lead singer of blink-182 :love::heart::love:

The TV is called Tube (lol, pretty obvious).
Belthronding
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 03:44
I named mine Mars(Mars being the god of war) because it is an ALX and I can play any game with AA set to max, high res, and other things like that. So when I go to LAN parties, I always have the best computer
EllaBeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 06:30
Great thread!
I will name anything that stands still long enough. Sometimes even those things that run away very fast!

laptop when good: Bella
laptop when evil: Morgoth (named by good buddy)
home music system: Orpheus
interenet service: Will-you-won't-you (it's wireless, and doesn't always connect :angry: )
coat rack: Treetle (named by little cousin, perhaps he thought it was a tree?)
desk: Corner of Creative Genius or Desk of Doom (depends on the day)
fav pencil: Bob
keychain flashlight thingy: Lumos
microwave: Aargh! ( yes, that's its name)
vacume cleaner: Opera ('cause I have a bad habit of singing loudly when cleaning house)
car: Em (short for Emerald, I named when I was twelve...)

Aahhh...you get the idea :yawn:
-EllaBeth
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 08:19
Yes, I've named my computer. I call her... Lucy *strokes computer fondly*
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 06:25
hobbitmom: *lol* Nope, you're not the only one! There are many of us who are quite fond of our appliances.

coat rack: Treetle (named by little cousin, perhaps he thought it was a tree?)

Awww....what a cute name!

keychain flashlight thingy: Lumos

Lumos? Haha! So whenever you're in the dark, you just mutter those words and it turns on.... *lol* "Lumos maxima..." *laughs*

Hey, I just remembered a few more names of our things:

Honda/black car: Mary (she's been through alot, but she's a very sweet car )
Extera/white car: Idrial (from "The Lord of the Rings:The Third Age PS2 game)
Vacuume Cleaner when good: Curby ("The Brave Little Toaster")
Vaccume Cleaner when evil: Jaws (from "Mister Mom") *lol*

EllaBeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 04:13

Lumos? Haha! So whenever you're in the dark, you just mutter those words and it turns on.... *lol* "Lumos maxima..." *laughs*

Yah, my buddy who likes HP even more than I do bought it for me. It even sort of looks like a wand...if you squint. I've actually freaked people out doing that!

Vaccume Cleaner when evil: Jaws (from "Mister Mom") *lol*

That is great! *giggles* I can see it now: "Aaah! This vaccume just ATE my socks!!!" *laughs*
-EllaBeth
LongLostIdiot
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 06:58
I give my shoes names when I am board. I named my tenis shoes Fred and George. I named another pair of shoes Elladan and Elrohir. My next pair will be Luke and Leia.

I named my friends pen Bob, and the next one Bob Jr.

The frog I disected in seventh grade was Bob Jeremiah the First.

My CD player is Jim and when I was a baby my bottle was Bobby.

I guess I have always liked the name Bob, but I would never call my child that.
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 08:05
I can't get over some of these names for thing that are posted, lol .

I just got a new cordless mouse, and I decided to call it Smeago. So, that make it that Frodo and Smeagol are together again, Hahahahaha ...oh Sorry.
Sometimes I do call it Gollum, because it wants to be a real stinker , but that's not very often .

Oh, My Van is named Slick :love:. I love my van :heart:.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 04:36
EllaBeth: *lol*

LongLostIdiot: Haha!! Oh gosh, I have a long history with the name "Bob"...

hobbitmom: *lol* Frodo and Smeeeeeagol. *lol*
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 09:52
My computer's name is Theodore. That means "gift from God" and as I think that's what my beloved comp is, that name fit.

Ok, that wasn't funny, so I'll put in my name for my truck. It's big, clunky, hard to manage, but usually reliable, so that (combined with the fact that it's my first stick shift) gave it the name "Lurch."

[Edited on 17/3/2005 by Morna_Child_of_Eru]
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 08:06
My computer is officially named "Better than the old one, or the end of dad's ulcer" and that he is(he being the puter). i have yet to give him a better name (he's only been with me for about two weeks). i plan to take my sweet time in choosing the perfect name, as things have a way of taking on the persona or trait associated with their names.

[Edited on 20/3/2005 by Bealocwealm]
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 05:22
I never thought about naming it but I dunno what I'd name it if I did.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 06:49
No, I haven't named my computer - I just physically abuse it. I usually kick it because it's a stupid piece of junk that needs to be threatened before it decides to work. It's a stubborn so-and-so
LOTRfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 04:26
My computer is Eddy. Which is short for Edward. As in Edward Scissorhands. Heh. Weird I know.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email