Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Did you name your computer?
on: November 20, 2012 08:27
The PC desktop I share with my sisters had been dubbed "Pest" or "Annoying". It randomly halfway shuts down right when you are in the middle of doing something.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2012 10:05
Ummm my computer does not have a name but I can name it! Let me think. *thinks* Lara. Yup that shall work!
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2012 08:58
Desktop is called Frankenstein, since it was built from new and old parts with a really old case to keep it all together.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2012 08:20
Haha, that's a good one Lastiel!
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Unfortunately it's not actually my computer, so it wouldn't feel right naming it, but I have named my violin! It is called 'Castan' which is Welsh for chestnut. But if I had to name the computer... I would probably call it... Hephaestus? It's the only thing I can come up with. Our computer is quite old, and just seems very well made like it will last forever.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I have called EVERY computer I ever was involved with (starting 1984/1985 in the office, late 1990 at home) a LOT of names. But every one of them has run on Microsoft, so since this is a PG-13 site, not a single one of those names is repeatable here!
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
My computer is named Big Mac XD My sister's little Macbook Pro's name is Colton!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email