Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Fawlen_Peredhil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Which character/actor seems the nicest in real life???
on: December 16, 2004 11:20
Viggo seems very sincere to me in every interview i have seen him in, very warm hearted:love:
Frodo/Elijah Wood
14% (2)
Aragorn/Viggo Mortensen
20% (3)
Sam/Sean Astin
19% (3)
Gandalf/Ian McKellen
3% (6)
Legolas/Orlando Bloom
14% (2)
Faramir/David Wenham
9% (1)
Eowyn/Mirando Otto
3% (5)
Arwen/Liv Tyler
3% (6)
Merry/Dominic Monaghan
6% (1)
Pippin/Billy Boyd
10% (1)
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 04:51
I picked Wood, he may have not been my favorite in the movies but he seems really nice in real-life.
briseis_orqu_apollo
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 07:28
I picked Billy Boyd. I don't know why. Denethor really fired me up, so much so that if I ever see John Noble on the street I'd wan't to poke him with a pike! Then of course I'd apologize because he's probably a nice guy in real life.
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 07:47
Aww, no-one's voted for Ian McKellen! :cry: I'm sure Ian is a very, very nice guy...
MrsTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 05:29
This was really hard for me. Its hard for me to see any of them mad. The hobbits in particular. Because they're just so adorable! Lol. But in the end I chose Billy Boyd.
_Mouth_of_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 09:20
I voted Viggo -- he seems so careful and intelligent -- aware of what and what not to say and do.

BUT

I'd also like him to share my vote with Ian McKellen (I didn't even see him listed -der!) I am sure he is fantastically kind! He seems very down-to-earth in his interviews. :love:
Sassafras
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 12:21
Most of them come across as very nice, but I voted for Orlando. He's amazingly good with his fans. Very willing to give as much time as he can with them. Such a sweet guy.

Those who know him and/or have worked with him (such as Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Viggo, directors, etc.) all say how sweet, friendly and good he is. Aww. :heart:

Dom, Billy and Liv also come across as really nice to me. As does David Wenham.
Hrive
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 03:09
I choose Cate Blanchett! Her life is perfect. It's simple: husband, children... And she is perfect!
TheFutureMrsPippin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 06:26
Whoow, this is a tough one...
I voted for Billy Boyd because he seems like a nice guy..but I think they all can be nice.
Viggo is down to earth and Sean Astin and Sean Bean are both nice .
Sean Astin is just like his character..a nice and sweet guy.
But I voted for Billy.
Shieldmaiden34
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 03:56
I think I would have to say:
Elijah,
Dom,
Sean A.,
and Billy.
On the EE ROTK they all seem so friendly!
Aredhelwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 04:39
Sean Astin is just like his character..a nice and sweet guy

Yes yes yes. I voted for him, all the way. Although Elijah Wood as second. I admire that they have remained so..."normal", even with all this fame, etc. I really wanted to meet Sean Astin, but I haven't, though he seem sreally down-to-earth and normal and nice. Like Sam, who is probably my biggest hero in the books.
astra_celestine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 10:39
I picked David Wenham. I saw and read a lot of interviews with him and he seems to have remained quite down to earth. It rather looks as if he only wanted not more attention than necessary and he is very friendly to his fans.

My second choice would be Viggo Mortensen.
Nenyaelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 11:23
Well, like Astra, I choice Faramir/ David Wenham. He just seems like a nice guy. Viggo or Sean Astin would be ny second choice.
Firearrow6
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 03:00
I would say Sean Astin cause he tells cool stories and Dominic and Billy because thier always fooling around. I'd love to say Elijah Wood:heart: but he's not the nicest.
North_Star
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 07:27
I think that they all seem really nice people that would be fun to meet, so I went with who I think could prolly be good friends with me. I picked Billy Boyd. He's really funny, and seems like he just wants to have fun. Second Choice: David Wenham. I mean, yeah, the poor guy could use a few riding lessons, but he seems like a super-nice guy.
Gilwen_the_Sorceress
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 09:46
Well, for me it´s something superfluous to say who´s nice or a great person if I don´t know exactly the person, you´re seeing just how the actor looks, and behave in interviews in front of the media...

Well, for me it´s John Noble the nicer to my opinion, really I found him that way.
KK_PRFG_NJ__
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 10:09
There have been so many polls about who looks the best and similiar ones, but who seems the nicest in real life????????

I think that Dom Monghan would be nicest cuz he was soooooo funny in The Two Towers Special Features.
Rochwyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 03:07
I voted for Viggo....It was close between him and Sean. Just Viggo seems so quiet and....well I just like him
glasgow
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 09:57
:heart::heart:Billy definately!!!:heart:he is sooo funnie and lovable. he seems like he loves to have a good time!! by the way-I wouldn't mind meetin him!!! Wouldn't mind? let's change that to I would Love to meet him!!!:heart::heart:
Ljia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 12:47
As Christopher Lee says, "it's an awful thing to say about someone, that they're 'nice'". It kinda leaves you with a feeling that there's not very much interesting to be said about a person. But I assume that here, it's meant in the 'nicest' way possible.
I voted for Sean Astin. In the behind the camera-features, he comes across so enthusiastic and genuine. It seems like he sincerely loves what he does.
Having said that, the one I would most like to meet and talk to has to be one that wasn't included in the poll: John Rhys-Davies. I love the ways he talks in the cast commentaries and the interviews. "The telling of wild and improbable tales." I love the words he uses and the way he manages to paint images in my head.
Sam_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 05:06
Wahoo! Sean Astin is in the lead. I admire his sense of family, and I could image that he is a great father. I am probably the youngest guy I know that looks foward to having children.
Phantasmagoria
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 10:06
I put Sean Astin because I met him. He was really nice even though I couldn't talk because of my acursed retainer. He was nice because I was rattling on and on about how I'm a big fan and signed my little Sam with a Frying pan figure for a game even though I probably shouldn't have asked him to sign it.

And I'd probably vote for Billy too, because he's really funny and cool and it'd be neat to meet him. He was on the Sharon Osbourne show and was jokeing around, he seems like a great guy.

Or David Wenham. He's cool too, and he seems quiet and reserved or something, but he seemed really polite when my friend and I met him.

Excuse me... you... met him? DISCUSS IN DETAIL?

I picked Dave because I've seen his interviews and it seems all the other cast members a bit too risque for me or something... I mean David definitely has that subtle wild side and.. starred in a film called better than sex... but he still seems very shy, sweet, and of low ego. This subtleness and shyness are my favoritest qualities.

[Edited on 16/4/2005 by Phantasmagoria]
eowyn10enya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 07:51
Oef this was very hard. I think they are all sweet and down to earth people, not hollywood stars.Or like Peter jackson said it was very important that they were al nice and sweet people as we have to work with them for a long time.

I chose Viggo, as I think it is a very generous man when it comes to friendship. And that he gave the stuntdouble of Arwen (the girl on the horse) the horse she was riding on all the time, is a very very generous gesture! (I hope I write this one word correctly, english is not my motherlanguage)
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 01:40
I think they'd all be nice in real life - I mean, Peter Jackson said that he had make sure that everyone he casted was 'nice' to make sure that everyone would get on together O_o

I can't choose just one.
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 09:37
Excuse me... you... met him? DISCUSS IN DETAIL?

What she said!

I think most of the cast seem like really nice people. But David Wenham is my favourite because he is so down to earth and cares about issues like the environment, and he's also very modest - I agree with Phan about liking his shy quality.

[Edited on 19/4/2005 by RosieT]
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 05:49
As they say, in the words of Yoda: "You will know....young apprentice"....when you have met them.

Hehe. They all seem wonderous in real life, but I'd have to vote for Mr. Wood. At least....in the commentaries he sure was nice.

Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd get my vote for the most hilarious dudes on the planet....besides my sister and me of course.

And everyone else gets my vote for having pure talent, heart, and respect. :heart:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 04:18
Viggo Mortensen got my vote. His generosity and kindness are apparent yet understated. His co-workers had nothing but complimentary things to say about working with him. The stunt crew even honored him with a Maori dance which was done with both love and respect. I admire Viggo greatly.:heart::love:
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 10:05
hey there, I actually see Viggo and Sean as the nicest... :rolling:

but since i never met them, i think all them are nice! :disco: because they all have their own good and bad traits... so you will never know if they are... or not...

See Ya! :hug: ,
Erika (Ilfa)
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 04:58
Exactly, Ilfa/Erika (may I call you Erika? I like that one better...and it's prettier. ). You never actually know what they're like until you meet them in person. It's the heart that counts, not the looks.
Greenleaf_is_MINE
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 03:12
Well, I actually have a book written by Sean Astin, and, surprisingly, he doesn't seem like the greatest guy. He even admits that he was a royal pain around the set a lot of the time, and the way he talks, he sounds like he's actually got some kind of depression. Viggo seems normally nice enough, but apparently he can be VERY pushy. The older "veteran" actors seem kind of stuck up (remember, these opinions are mainly based on Sean Astin's book, I don't REALLY know what any of them are like), so I'd have to say either Elijah, Billy, Dom, or Orlando. The four of them seem to be the "fun" ones who are nice, happy, and regular guys. Well.... as regular as movie stars can get, anyways.
But if I had to pick, I'd probably say Billy Boyd.
tripple_mmm
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 11:16
i picked billy boyd, because some (online) friends of mine allready met him twice and he seemed to be very kind.

but i really missed the answer "others" because,my impression is that the actors in supporting roles (like those who played for example orcs) or the stunties, were 1000 times nicer than the "super stars".

beacuse i met some of those "random" actors at a LotR convention , and they were really lovely, and talked to the fans every minute they could spare.

i asked, for example, bruce hopkins (gamling) for a foto at the bar during a convention. and the bar was full, i mean really full. he was at the bar and had three bottles of beer in his hands (not for himself *lol* , but for others, who he was talking to ) and i asked him. and he stopped, puts those bottles away and said "ok, lets do it now". after we made the picture, he gave me some kisses on my cheek. and he was so lovely. i talked to him, later, a little bit. and the whole expirience with him was soo lovely, i will never forget this.

but its not only bruce hopkins that way. every "random" actor was 1000 nicer than someone like sean astin.

[Edited on 27/12/2006 by tripple_mmm]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 05:18
I voted for Miranda. She always seems so nice and I really like her.
One person who is not on the list who I know is nice would be Craig Parker/Haldir. :love:
One of my friends met him and told me how nice he was and everything. I was soooo sad I couldn't go with them. Miranda was there also, thats why I chose her out of all of them.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
astra_celestine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 09:56
In the meantime I got to meet John Noble and Craig Parker and they are both very nice, John was maybe a tad nicer.
Elendelyne
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 10:13
too hard to pick. WAY too hard to pick. Either Sean Bean, Viggo Mortensen, Miranda Otto, David Wenham. And I'd really love to meet Cate Blanchett.
Meldacaniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2009 06:20
Orlando. He seems very nice.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email