Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
Post >>Troubled Waters<<
on: August 06, 2004 03:26
'The mist cleared and the ghostly ship had vanished into thin air. Sailors and citizens stood at the shore looking on, horror written all over their faces, their every limb trembling in fear. The sea was alight with flames that engulfed the ships and the air was filled with the screams of dying sailors.

By dawn the shore was strewn with wreckage and the lost possessions of the ships. Not a single ship was to be seen, everyone of them on the ocean's floor. Not a single corpse was to be found, every sailor gone without a trace...

Saer had struck again.'

Alright I hope you liked that little intro and it caught your attention Basically this is a fairly scripted thread which shall be located in TR, though I shall be open to any ideas that are thrown my direction too. I am not going to give much away about the thread as I want it to remain a surprise for everyone with adventure around every corner to keep you on your toes. What I will tell you however is that it is a dark plot full of revenge, hatred, secret pacts and of course adventure.

I am looking for serious and dedicated RPers who are willing to spend time on this thread and to stay with it until the end (the comings and goings of characters disrupt threads a lot and I don't like it) I am also looking for people who can write long, detailed and thoughtful posts at least twenty sentences or so - basically not a few lines or one short paragraph. The thread shall not be moving too fast as I want everyone to spend time on developing their characters well rather then moving too quickly. Obviously I will be playing Saer and so I would highly recommend that you read his profile to help you understand him and this story better. On that note please choose your characters wisely as you will discover that Saer is not a particularly nice character :evil: I would prefer as many males as possible so please play a male if you can though I will allow a few females (those of you who I already know are playing females it's fine) This is set after the War of the Ring so I don't not expect to find any elves or very very few at any rate.

So if you are interested and know you have the time and dedication, please post here or pm me, I look forward to hearing from you

Troubled waters lie beyond the horizon...
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: >>Troubled Waters<<
on: August 09, 2004 06:42
Yayayayayayayay!!!!! *glomps Wren* You finally got it up!

Anyhow, my character is Halla, and her profile can be found here.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 07:15
this looks like it could be very interesting. i hope I will have the time to dedicate to this rpg. I have to decide on a character though.

I think I might play my character Galdor though.......
Nienna-of-the-Valar
Loremaster of the Edain
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 11:34
Ohhh am very excited as this sounds great Wren! I'm going to be using my guy Alagos Anbeech whose relationship with his sister should provide much amusement, if nothing else *giggles*
Tasar_Took_Nualda
Self Appointed Defender
of Denethor

Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 11:35
Lomiel's Profile

Just a note when you meet her in the thread she will be hiding her femaleness. *shhhh* It is a secret so please no all the sudden just knowing. I would prefer, at the descretion of our great leader Wren of course, to have it come out when it is right in the plot.

This sounds exciting I cannot wait to join
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 01:13
Hey it's great to see you all! :love: Hehe I think the excitment is transferring to me as I can't wait to get going now

Rosie - great to see you here with Halla - I love the updated profile btw she'll be fantastic!

Nienna and Tasar - it's so great to have you here! Wow I love both Alagos and Lomiel - this should be great fun thank you for joining!

Inwe - great to see you here too - please let me know when you have chosen your character for definite - I'll go and check out Galdor anyway for now *goes to look*

Well I just hope that this will live up to everyone's expectations! *crosses fingers* As for the others who have joined by pming me I would like to welcome you too and please post a link to your charries profiles here so everyone can see them
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 01:28
yay! this seems exciting!

my character is Rhunyc, unless you don't think he would work, then i could make a different character, but i think i could make him work : )
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2004 04:43
yes I think I will use Galdor I only have him in one othr rpg so that will work ^.^
Narbeleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2004 08:02
Is it too late for me to join? I don't have a character yet though. Are there any specific characters needed? I'll play nearly anything, young, old, male or female, good guy, bad guy, loner or lover.

I do have one question though... how much will this actually be based on Tolkien? I mean, what's alowed and not alowed? My actually playing will be based on the answer, since I only like playing in sertain types of TR RP's.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 09:36
Laecela - Rhunyc sounds great though just make sure that you have a reason for him to be out of Gondor as it's not set there but out on the High Seas Also it would help if he knew a thing or two about sailing or alternatively he could know absolutely nothing - it could prove to be very interesting, but whatever you prefer.

Inwe - Galdor sounds great too but again all I will say is just make sure you have a reason for your ranger to be out at sea Also I am not sure whether he is a sailor or not but it would help if he was familiar with water.

Greetings Narbeleth! It's not too late for you to join at all Alright well I want everyone to play a character that they enjoy using (nothing worse than using one that you find hard to relate to!) but my preferences are if they could be male and perhaps a sailor, the rest I shall leave up to your imagination As for the RP it will be a pretty much TT RP - the only reason I have it in TR is that it shall contain locations not found in ME and perhaps just a little twist to Saer's history may affect it also (though no strange powers or anthing of the kind it's just concerning him) So as for what's allowed - a character that's fairly Tolkien based though I will allow some minor differences if needed, depending on what they are, however I would like to keep this free from shapeshifters etc.
Narbeleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 10:29
Alright, good. I like playing male characters best anyway, and my favorite Rp's are as TT as possible I have another question though. Is this whole RP going to take place at sea? Is there going to be anything happing on land as well? Just asking so I can better create my character's history and what-not.
Thanks for letting me join!
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 01:33
No problem at all Narbeleth it's good to have you join us Well as for your question most of it will be based on sea as a whole yes, although there will be a few parts of it taking place on land (but not in big cities etc.)

Alright well there are just one or two others who have joined yet to post here and I will be starting it up as soon as I know what characters they will be using and the last few bits and pieces are ready for action
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 09:43
Brilliant-another Wren rp!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Well-I would love to join. :love: If I could join with the characters Tir and Autumn. I think you know them... :rolleyes: Well if there is any problems with anything just say it! *dances around excitedly :disco: )
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2004 02:32
*enters doing a little happy dance* :disco: Finally I am here, with my two characters! Thank you very much for letting me join Arwen, I am very honored to be joining you and all these great writers in you WICKEDLY BRILLIANT story!!!

Hayden is in the data base currently, and a picture will be added shortly, keep in touch! And my stubborn, fiery character Phae will be up very soon! :evil:

YAY can't wait for this to start! :love:
Take care, cheers everyone!
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 02:46
A petite, dark-haired girl slips into the thread and taps Wren on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, but the Commitee for the Employment of Role Play Characters requests that you commence our employment immediately." she pauses, and sees that she must use simpler words. () "Um...Please start the thread?"

Heh...couldn't resist. And Halla was bugging me anyway.

So, Wren, about our plan - the gypsy in question is named Brytta, ok? ^_^

Hey Tasar - I can't wait to get our chars together. *winkwink*
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 09:54
Yes I agree with Rosie-Pleez start it. I cant control my excitement! I might turn evil :evil:
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 04:38
Ok, this is getting silly.

I'm giving you an ultimatum, Wren. If this thread isn't started by tomorrow at 11:00 Eastern Standard Time, I'll start it for you.

And I won't give you a chance to tell me when to start it. :evil:

Blame Tasar for this - it was her idea. Of course, if I start it the way we decided, it would make for an interesting beginning...
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 10:40
:evil: I warned you....

The thread's going up. I am starting it. I guess we'll have to flashback to the beginning or something.

Maybe my post is just a teaser, eh? :evil:

I even gave you almost 6 extra hours. Blame Tasar. Really. *nodnod*

EDIT: I posted it! *does a little dance* And I remembered what you said, Wren, because I put it in TR, just like you wanted.
http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=18283

[Edited on 2/9/2004 by Rosie_Gamgee]

[Edited on 2/9/2004 by Rosie_Gamgee]
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 09:51
*sighs* so this is what I get for having a broken computer, start working away thinking it's repaired, then losing the post and having to send it back eh? Ah well it was a lovely post all the same Rosie Now all we have to do is start from the beginning...

Well hope everyone is ready to rock n roll then *realises they all are and have been waiting* heh yes well.... let's get this show on the road I guess!!!

Oh just a quick note... as for the rest of you who aren't quite so impatient *glares at Rosie and Tasar* best let me post with Saer first now as Rosie's post is sorta like a flash into the near future

*runs off to sort post out*
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 11:13
*is abashed...heh. Yeah right*

Sorry, but I don't feel bad for you. My computer is screwed up constantly, but I still get on.

:love: Glad you liked the post, though.
rohanmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 12:13
Is it all right if I join? I've done some RP's before but not any really good ones so I'll probably not be as good as the rest of you, but I do always try to make long and imaganitive posts. Right now I don't have a character to use, but I had another character (a guy) on another site that I'm going to touch up a bit to use. If the answer's no, I understand.

EDIT: Here's my character Falkan

[Edited on 4/9/2004 by rohanmaiden]
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 01:27
Hehe yes well at least you had a computer Rosie dear

Anyway good news for you all - I've posted! (so the thread would actually have been started now ) 1000 words exactly not one word more, not one less (excluding OOC comments) bit odd but I've a feeling the whole thread might be Not a particularly great post but haivng to write it three times gets tiresome and so I just wrote whatever popped into my head. As for the rest of you who don't know where you're coming in - probably best if you're on a boat or in the port so I can string you in but if you have any other preferences let me know Oh and as for your first posts - don't mind me at all just get yourself into the story and worry about me later :evil:
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 09:00
*sobs* But how do I start??? Has Saer already recieved the letter and sent a response???

*sniff* I need to know these things, you know. Blessed by The Trickster I may be, but I cannae read minds!

:love: Glad you're back, Wren. Rea Dove Rit!
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 01:09
*pats Rosie* Don't panic dear it'll all be okay I was planning on Saer picking up the crew first and then swinging by to collect Halla. All okay? I didn't mention that he had the letter yet as I wasn't too sure which way we were going to take that but no problem - I'll include it in my next post and presume he's made the reply

As for everyone else - I stupidly forgot to say where we were :blush: So Saer is now coming into Linhir Those of you who don't know where that is - go look up a map

Also welcome rohanmaiden! Sorry I didn't check for posts last night but yes you may join - I need a crew here so any extra males are greatly welcomed Falkan will do nicely there and I hope you enjoy the thread

The same goes for the rest of you - enjoy! I have a feeling we will have plenty of laughs along the way Not thinking of anyone in particular of course... *coughs*TasarRosieandNienna*coughs* :love:

Edit:

If you look at the map here at CoE - Linhir would be located directly across from Dol Amroth to the right (not in the ocean!) near the mouth of the River Gilraen

[Edited on 5/9/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 08:53
Goodie...I get to have sneaky Halla&Haleth-ness while they travel! ^_^

*coughs*TasarRosieandNienna*coughs* :love:

Oh, you know it! Be afraid. Be very afraid. :evil:
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 01:22
Dorry it took so long to post but I had to go over to my friends house for the weekend, I will be using Karay and Kaen. Thank you for having me.

I don't have time to post in the thread right now but I promise to post in the thread tomorro afternoon.

[Edited on 7/9/2004 by Sillende]
Narbeleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 08:58
FINALLY I have my character made up. So here is Sigor. I hope you all like him.
Anyway, off to post *grin*

[Edited on 9/9/2004 by Narbeleth]
Narbeleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 08:28
So where is everyone? We finally got this RP started, and now it's ground to a sudden halt.
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2004 04:43
*sniff* I KNOW! *glares at Wren*

GET YOUR TUSHIE IN MOTION, GIRL!

Narbeleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 08:28
Hey guys, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning for about a week or longer. Just wanted to let you know! I'll see you then.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 09:53
*glares back at Rosie*

Don't you all look at me!! I'm the one waiting for everyone else to post or else I'll move the thread to far ahead... so that is a warning for all of you who haven't posted yet - I will pming you to remind that the thread has been up for a while now. Please if you don't have the time for this thread already then let me know instead of leaving us hanging, and if you didn't know the thread was up - then check the OOC more often!!

No problem Narbeleth have a good time
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 10:51
:love:

I can't glare at you for too long.

I think many of us are unsure of what to do until Saer lands or attacks or whatever, so that they can be recruited.

I know I'm basically on hold for a bit - you have to post something for Saer before I can make my move...and then...LIVE RP OR ELSE!!!!!!

:evil:
Narbeleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 01:05
Exactly what is the weather like in Linhir when Saer comes? Is it day or night, sunny or raining? I'm a little confused. I'd like to post Sigor ariving in Linhir, but I don't know how I should describe the weather.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 08:49
Hey Okay well it's night time and extremely misty out on the water so the mist would be heading towards Linhir too from the sea, hope that helps And I'm going to post so if you're not on a ship I'm afraid that we'll have to find you later
Narbeleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 01:06
Well, I thought that we were going to have Sigor wandering the port and Saer can find him there and hire him onto his ship. Are we still going to do it that way?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email