Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Darkening of Mirkwood
on: August 20, 2004 11:53
{ This takes place when Sauron comes back to Dol Guldur and attacks Lorien and Mirkwood during the War of the Ring}

Narya walked through the trees of her home. She began to sing softly to herself. But as she reached a small path, she heard the tramp of many feet. " Yrch!" she whispered to herself. Fixing an arrow in her bow, she pointed it in the direction of the sound. Along the path came a hundred or so Uruk-hai. " Great." she said to herself sarcasticly. She began to shoot as soon as they rounded the corner. She had only come with a few arrows and so her she drew her sword. She held it in up as a challenge, then charged into the fray. Arrows began to whistle from a nearby tree, and as Narya fought, she tried to see who the archer was.

[Edited on 21/8/2004 by Aneras]

[Edited on 21/8/2004 by Aneras]
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Darkening of Mirkwood
on: August 21, 2004 06:34
Aeriel was singing to herself, when she heard many feet coming along the path. She looked towards the sound and saw it was many orcs. She jumped up in a tree and pulled out her bow. As soon as they came in the clearing, she started firing. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see another elf on the ground fighting. She continued to fire as she tried to figure out who was down there.
arthiel11425
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 08:31
Arthiel came running when she heard fighting in the distance. She came out of the trees to find two elves hopelessly outnumbered. She quickly grabbed her knives off of her back and jumped into the fray, fighting ferociously.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2004 05:34
Narya smiled in relief. They were stll outnumbered, but she was sure that they could handle it. Grabbing an Orc by the throat, she strangled it, and plunged her sword into another that had grabbed her form behind. As it fell, it tore her necklace from around her neck. As soon as the Orcs were dead, she ran to the one that held it in his hand. She grabbed it from him and sneered. " Great. It's dirty now." She whistled for her horse, and as she mounted, she said a quick thank you before riding off. As she galloped through the dense trees, a vision came to her. She was sitting in a tree near her home. A great host of Orcs were approaching the halls, burning as they went. Three dark figures rode at the front, and as they passed by her tree, the nearest suddenly looked up at her. It broke away from the others and started to climb the tree. Startled and fightened, she let go. As she fell, her vision ended, and she was once more on her horse, riding towards the courtyard.
arthiel11425
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2004 05:56
Arthiel quickly slew the last orcs around her and looked up. She watched as the other two finished off a few orcs. Then one jumped on her horse quickly, said thanks, and rode away. Arthiel shrugged and turned to the other one, "How did you come to be in this position? It is not often that you see such a host of orcs against so few elves."
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 06:46
( hope you don't mind me jumping right in..)

Rushed by the sound of battle, Nightstar galloped swiftly through the close trees.
" They SAID to take the road, " Thorongil thought as he grabbed the feins of his horse in an attempt to avoid mean branches.
All the way from the North he came, and a message was with him from Elrond of Rivendell.
The Lord had always been kind to the wanderers of the Dúnedain, he thought once more as he drew his blade.

The battle was fought before Nightstar had reached the battle field.
A few stood between the fallen Orcs, a far greater number than those surviving Elves.

" I'm sorry to interrupt you, but which one of you is the leader? " Thorongil said as he jumped of his steed, " I need to speak Lord Thranduil. It concerns the whole forest. "

Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 07:58
Hearing a human voice, Narya headed towards the sound. " I am not the leader of this particular group, but I am the captain of Mirkwood's armies, and the Princess of these lands. I will take you to my father if you wish." The man that stood before her was clearly a ranger, and Narya's heart skipped a beat. Maybe he could bring news of Aragorn. She didn't think that he would be in any trouble, but she had not heared from him in a long time. " Thank you." the man said and got back on his horse. Narya led him through the trees, and as they went, she asked him many questions. " Who are you? Where are you from?"
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 09:22
Thorongil smiled at the curiousity of the Princess.
" They call me Thorongil, Eagle of the Star. My dwellings are north of the Road, but we go often to the fair house of Elrond. " He paused, his gaze back at the warm fires of the Elrond's hearth.
" It were his scouts who warned for a great gathering of Orcs in the Mountains of Mist. They come already down the slopes, raiding those unarmed. Lord Elrond fears the same at the eastern side, and sent word to Thranduil. "

He ended the story and looked around.

" Word also reached the woods of Lothlórien.
Elrond advises a strong defence near the Hill of the Necromancer. "
He lowered his voice to a whisper.
" They say the Nazgûl have returned. "
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 09:51
" Nazgul? If they are leading the armies then it is even worse. Do you see my scar?" she asked. A thin scar was on the right side if her face. It started at her eyebrow, and went down across her eye and finished halfway down her nose. " I got this scar from their Lord. Everytime he draws close, I can feel the pain anew. And yet, I do not let it bother me. I have faced him many times since." She looked down, and looked up just in time to duck from a branch. " How many are there? I will need to gather as much strength as I can. It is a pity that Legolas is away. We could have used him. But he will not return. At least not for a long time."
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 25, 2004 05:25
Thorongil wondered about the Lady's courage.
If she met the Lord of the Nine, she must really be one of great power.
" I have met him too, not so long ago, " he began, " on the borders of the Shire in Eriador. Mithrandir and Aragron had ordered us to guard those fair hills, and when the Nine came, none would stay. some were slain, others fled. "
He smiled grimly.
" That is an honourable deed, mylady, facing the Captain of Despair. "
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2004 11:14
She had slowed down to a trot, and looked up at the ranger's face. " I'm only brave because I have to be. I am the defender of these lands. If I do not have the courage to fight him then who will." A tear slid down her cheek, but she wiped it away. " The only way that I can be sure of my land's safety is if I am the one who defends it. Who else can I trust?"
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 04:50
" You are right, " Thorongil said, " who now in these dark days can be trusted? The roads are no longer safe, and an evil will controls the mountain passes. Yet that also is part of the message. The peace will no longer be contained. Sauron will not suffer any of the Eldar on this earth. "
He paused for a while, thinking on his words.
" Although I must admit, I hope to find strength in this realm, strenght and willingness to resist the Dark One. In Rivendell there are still some who can resist the nine Servants of the Ring.Nonetheless, you are not alone; Lothlórien guards the western passes, and the Beornings are on their guard also. "
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 11:52
" You will find strength. I will not let any servant of Sauron take this realm. We are outnumbered, and yet we are stonger than they are. We have only to give a strong defense and they will fall. They know this. That is why Sauron chose to attack so early. For that is why you have come, is it not?" she asked, but then, they rode into the courtyard, and she led Thorongil to her father. " I will leave you, but I will be around if you would like a friend to speak too." With that, she left him in the company of her father, and went to see if her army was properly armoured and ready for any call.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 03:00
Thorongil stepped into the Cavern of the Lord and was guided through a well-lit hall before the throne of Thranduil.
" Not often do we see the Younger Children here, stranger, " the commanding voice of the King of Mirkwood said, " tell me why have you come? "

" No, " Thranduil said, " Our defences will hold, even against many more foes. "
" But mylord, you are not alone. Celeborn will attack from the west, and you from the north. Dol Guldur will be caught between hammer and anvil. Do not stay behind your walls, my king. Lord Elrond advises to lead the assault and trap Sauron before he realises. "

" Tell me, Thorongil, why should we risk our lives for the advise of one at the other side of the Mountains? In a defensive position, our forces are able to win. "

" But Sauron will send new troops, more Orcs who will burn your trees, and slay your people."

Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 01:30
(Can I join?

Dorn had been riding hard from Lothlorien all day now and it was being to darken. He was a general in Lothlorien and messenger of Celeborn. Celeborn had sent him to go quickly to the halls of Thranduil to deliver the message. Orcs were grouping and Celeborn woukd attack Dol Guldor. He hoped that Thranduil would do the same and destry Sauron's forces in the North. He needed to get to Mirkwood before dark. He pleaded his horse, Tara, to go faster and faster. Finally, he saw great trees rising. Here was there.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 07:07
Thorongil saw a tall figure entering the Hall, flanked by Thranduil's guards.
The King looked up and ignored Thorongil for now.
Thorongil saw immediately that another of the Eldar had come to Mirkwood, yet it was one strange to the customs of the Woodland-elves.
At last I get some help from Lórien, he thought, Thranduil isn't easy at all to convince.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 06:40
After checking that everything was in order, she went to her father's throne. Another elf had joined Thorongil and Thranduil. " The army is ready for your command to leave. The counsel of Elrond is wise."
" It is safer to stay here, and defend from the battlements." he replied.
" But we are more likely to destroy them if we attach at Dol Guldur." She went to his throne and took his hand. " Ada, I think we should take the advice of Lord Elrond. Attack them first. Draw them away from the women and children. That's what you want, isn't it? Their safety."
" If only Legolas was here. He'd know what to do." he said
" But he's not. Will you trust the advice of your daughter? Will you take the counsel of the captain?
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 05:16
Thorongil saw his chance with the aid of Narya.
" You are not alone, my king.
Celeborn already is assembling his warriors and will march over the River in some days. "
He paused dramatically.
" They are not strong enough. They need your help. "
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 07:04
(Mind if I join too? )

Aerhíril was stood in the corner of the king's hall, quite a way off of the King's Throne. The king had asked her to bring him berries and fruit for an appetiser before lunch, but he had quite clearly forgotten his hunger, for he was now engrossed in a deep discussion. Aerhíril had listened to every word. Especially what Thorongil had to say, for he brought news from Rivendell, a place where Aerhíril had not been to for years.

She stood there, unsure of what to do with the plate she held in her hands. She wore a green dress patterned with golden leaves, and her blue eyes looked from one person to the next as they spoke. She knew the King should fight, but she had no authority to say so.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 07:22
Narya took his hand gently. " Ada, please. The army is ready to leave. Let me take them to join Celeborn." Thranduil looked down at his daughter. He took a deep breath. " Call the order to leave." he said. Narya smiled happily, and got up. Turning to the messenger from Lothlorien, she said, " Go as quickly as possible to try and catch up with your people. Tell them we'll be there soon. Come on Thorongil. Help me with the host." As she left with the ranger, she turned to Aerhiril. " I think Ada is ready for his food now." Winking at her friend, she left.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 07:45
Aerhíril grinned. Then, she approached the King with his food, making sure that she bowed just before handing it to him.

"Hannon le Aerhíril" He said as he took the plate from her hands. He then turned to sit on his throne.

"What a day." He mumbled. "I have to say, I wasn't expecting any of this to happen." He looked up at Aerhíril, and it was obvious to him that she wanted something.

"what is it?" He asked suspisously.

"My lord-" Aerhiril began. "With your leave I would like to ride into war to protect these lands."

The king gave her a stern look. "Is being my assistant not enough anymore?"

"No, I mean yes... I don't know. It's just that having lived here, and in Rivendell and Lorien for most of my life I want to help save the lands, and the people I love from the dark forces that now spread and threaten to-"

"Yes, I know." The king sighed. "If you wish to ride with Princess Narya, then I nor anyone else shall hold you back. A tempry replacement for you can always be found." The king looked towards the doors. "Now go, before I change my mind" A slight smile crept up on his face as he said this, it was clear that he was on a friendly basis with Aerhíril- he just never admitted it.

"Thankyou my lord" Aerhiril bowed low, trying not to smile. But as she walked through those doors out to find Narya, she could hold it no longer and her face changed into a happy grin.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 07:32
Thorongil checked his bow, cleaned his sword and took up his spear.
As his horse neighed loudly between the many Elves clad in the colours of the Forest, the Ranger prepared to leave immediately.
" I have to tell you Narya, I am no professional commander of an army. I know how to shoot an arrow, how to ride a horse and how to wield a sword, but it lies not in my power to command Thranduil's people. Your people. "
He mounted hos steed and took the round shield with the star from his bag.
" When do we leave? " he asked.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 07:39
Narya looked into his eyes. " I do not expect you to be an expert. And yet, you are one of the Dunedain, decendant of kings. I think that deep inside you, there is that power that can command any army." As an answer to his other question, she cried over the many voices. " Warriors of Mirkwood. The time comes when the fate of your land may depend on your actions. We go to war, but maybe not to victory, and yet, we will fight none the less. Remember, we are stronger than they are, and if we hold together, we will defeat evil. We move South, with all the speed of the Maeras." The company moved away, and she motioned for Thorongil to join her at the head of the army.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 08:55
(OOC: Mind if I introduce a new character? Don't worry, I will play him!)

Aerhíril knew that she had little time to join Mirkwood's forces before hey left. She did not know where the army would be going, for she had not heard all that was said in the king's hall.
She rushed to her room, accidentally knocking into some fellow elves as she passed into her rooms.
She went through her wardrobes, and dressed herself in her travelling dress that she used to wear on her great adventures. Memories of all the lands she had passed and all the friends she had made flashed through her mind as she held its fine but strong fabric work. The colours were deep purples and scarlet reds. She then fastened her deep blue cloak around her shoulders with a silver broach shaped as a horse. In almost seconds her lothlorien bow was held tight in her hands, and her long sword was fastened onto her left side. Her quiver was on her back.

"Well, I'm ready." She said to the reflection that stood before her. She fastened her boots and walked off to the stables.
As she walked into the dimly lit house, she was greeted by a shove in the side. Her white horse pushed his muzzle against her to let her know where he was.

"Yes celeblas, I know you are there." She greeted her friend with an apple that she took out of her supplies, out of the rucksack beside her arrows. It had been made especially for this purpose. Celeblas munched on the apple thoughtfully as Aerhíril tacked him.
"You know Celeblas," She mumbled as she struggled to do up the steed's girth. "I really do think that you may have put some weight on."
The horse snorted most ungratefully at this remark, shuffled his feet and whipped Aerhíril on the back of his leg with his tail.
"Alright, I'm sorry." Aerhíril led him out of the stables and then mounted him; but not before she had bid farewell to the stable boy who always cared so kindly for her beloved horse. She rode down out to the gathering place of the army, ready for almost anything.

"Where is everyone?!" Said a desperate voice. The sound resounded around the now empty space. It was a rather disappointed elf sat on a lowly horse, searching franticly for some news to the army's whereabouts.

"They left, about three hours ago-" Someone shouted. Aerhíril looked to find the voice but there was no-one to be seen.

"I don't 'suppose you were thinkin' of going with 'em?"

"Of a matter of fact," Aerhíril called back "I was."

"Bad idea that is." The voice said again. But this time, it was slightly closer than the last.

"And why is that?" She replied.

"Don't you know? There-a going to war!" The voice said. This time it was defiantly closer than the last.

"Who are you?" she eventually asked. Curiosity had finally got the better of her.

"My name's Petergo Greenhill. But you can call me Pete."

"Pete?" She exclaimed turning her horse around. "Where are you Pete?
I can't see you."

"I'm here!" Pete squeaked. Aerhíril looked towards the forest. No one was there. "Here!" Someone shouted even louder than before. Aerhíril looked down to the ground to find something very unusual...
A small Hobbit stood before Celeblas' front legs, (rather bravely if I might add, for The Hobbit barely came up to the horses great shoulders) with a walking stick in his hand, and a huge pack on his back. He had light brown hair and an inquisitive face that stared curiously up at Aerhíril.

"Ah! So you've finally decided to find me have you? Well, it's about time!" The hobbit lifted his stick into the air and waved it about in a friendly manner.
"I thought you were goin' to be sat on that 'orse of yours forever! No knowledge of little folk I see. Just like all of you elves I suppose. Love the trees and the forests, but when it comes to people you 'ain't go a clue."

Aerhíril sat there, very unsure of what to do or say to this little thing that seemed as if it would never stop talking.

"Um," She finally said. "Do you know where the army was headed? I take it you saw them leave-"

"That I did." Pete said abruptly. Pete's manners were somewhat limited.

Aerhíril took slight irritation to Pete's manners, but he was the only hope she had of finding the army. She needed to catch up with them as soon as was possible. Holding her tongue, she went on.

"Is there any chance you heard where they were planning to go? It is my wish to follow them, if you can understand."

"I can't say I do!" Pete remarked. "See why you want to go about fighting that is. A pretty elven maiden such as yourself should keep away from such travels! I doubt you have even been out of Mirkwood before by the looks of you."

"I beg your pardon!" Aerhíril's eyes flashed with irritation "I have travelled, and I don't much see why a Hobbit such as yourself would like to travel outside of the Shire! Last I heard, Hobbits liked their home, food, and nothing more."

Pete was caught off guard by this fair comment, and he grumbled about 'How he liked to travel, and how some other Hobbits had to'-
Aerhíril saw his point, and Apologised hoping to restore any chance she had lost of Pete telling her where the armies had gone. Pete, accepted the apology, and began to explain all the captains and Princess Narya had said with the occasional remark to how 'frightening yet Pretty' Princess Narya looked in her uniform.

Aerhíril listened intently, taking in every word. When the Hobbit had eventually finished, Aerhíril thanked him once again for his kindness, and apologised for causing him any trouble. Pete then gave a 'Pray, don't mention it' (as is proper) and bowed his little Hobbit head. Aerhíril could not help but smile at this, and she did the same.

"Well Pete, I must be off. But I dare say it has been a pleasure to meet you. I hope our paths shall cross again sometime."

"I'm sure they will." Pete replied, hutching his bag up on his shoulders.
"I must go to" he said. "Farewell!" And with that Petergo Greenhill turned his back to Celeblas; and toddled off back into the woods with a well defined "Elves!" and a shake of his head. Aerhíril turned and rode down the path which Pete had so kindly pointed out.

(Sorry it's so long! Don't come to find Aerhíril, Aerhíril will find you in time. )

[Edited on 3/9/2004 by Aerhíril]
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 09:11
Thranduil had finally said yes. He was going to attack Dol Guldor. He was on his way back to Lothlorien to deliver the message to Celeborn. He had to ride hard. Finally he made it to the forest. "Halt! Who goes there?" suddenly cried Haldir. "Do you know not let in your own people?" answered Dorn with a laugh. "Oh, it is you! You have finally arrived!" said Haldir. "You may pass!" Dorn trodded slowly to Celeborn's palace. Whe he got there, he bowed. "My lord, I have a answer from Thranduil of the Wood Elves," said Dorn. "What is it?" asked Celeborn. "It is a yes sire! To war!" replied Dorn. "Thank you Dorn, for your services," said Celeborn. "Dorn, I trust you very much," whispered Celeborn, "I want to you lead our forces to Dol Guldor." "Me?" asked Dorn surprised. "Yes, you Dorn. I have uttermost confidence with you," answered Celeborn," you will lead." Yes, my liege. I will go. Thank you!" replied Dorn with
a quiver. He bowed down and kissed Celeborn's hand. "Get the troops ready. We leave tomarrow at sunrise."
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 08:06
Thorongil gladly accepted Narya's invitaion and came riding next to her.
" I think we should not ride at this pace til Dol Guldur.
it would fatigue the horses, and the only matter where we are still in greater number than our Enemy, is our cavalry.
Lothlórien too will at the earliest ride to war tomorrow, and our way is long still. "
Thorongil smiled.
" I hope you don't mind if I wield the Flag of the Dúnedain? " he said as he unfurled the dark banner .
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 09:32
" I would be glad for you to." Narya looked up at the banner, and memories stirred inside her. " It's been so long since I rode to war with one of the Dunedain. I guess I've missed being with people that are so much like myself." She sighed, and passed a hand over her eyes. " I think you are right. We'll stop not far from here. I know of a place which would make a good camp. I stayed there a long time ago."

A few hours later, they arrived at a small clearing where there was plenty of dried wood piled up and a small ring of blackened ground. " Someone must have been here not long ago." she said, and dismounted, leading Brethilliel to a sheltered corner. Elves were rushing around her, and shouting to each other. It was too much for her to bear. She could tell that the soldiers were nervous, and they tried to cover it up by being loud. " That's enough! If you make this much noise, you'll have to fight before we even get to Dol Guldur! You'll attract Orcs to us like Hobbits to an Inn. I suggest you try to finish what you were doing [/i]quietly[i], then settle down. A small fire was gradualy made ready, and she then sat down beside it, staring into the flames. Narya found herself once more sitting beside Thorongil. " I guess you feel more at homw out here. To tell you the truth, so am I."
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 10:13
Aerhíril rode swiftly along rocky roads and grassy plains following each instruction that the Hobbit had given her to the finest point. Left at a great lump of rocks, forwards for a while, then right and left again. Riding non-stop, she could soon make out the trail of Mirkwoods army. As she rode along checking for signs of camp, her mind turned to think of the Hobbit Pete, and what he would be up to. She hoped that he would not get caught up in all of this; but that was really his choice alone.
"Ride on Celeblas." Aerhíril said to her horse. "If I am right by my thinking, then Narya should have stopped to rest the horses. If we keep at it, we could reach them before sunrise."
Celeblas whinnied quietly, and sped up with his great legs taking larger strides.
The moon shone down brilliantly on the grass causing it to shine like silver. Aerhíril sensed that she was coming closer to the camp. It wasn't long before she could see the warm glow of campfires just on the Horizon. Slowing down to a canter, her tired horse bore her to the very edges of camp. There were several guards on watch to alert the camp if they should see anything of concern, and Aerhíril paused unsure of wether to risk being shot or mistaken for a spy, or to settle down where she was and sit out until morning. That way there would be no mistaking her. She dismounted and tied Celeblas to a near by tree, and than sat on a mound to watch over the camp.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 03:50
Elwyn could see the faint flicker of campfires, burning brightly against the darkness of night. She had been sent to Mirkwood by her great uncle, Elrond of Imladris. Her thoughts swayed, and she spoke silently to herself...I hope I don't get killed before I get there...I haven't seen Narya and Aeriel in what seems ages. It will be a pleasure to fight beside them again. She wondered who else had happened to wander into this mess, and in all of her thoughts, she had been blind to reality when she almost walked into the side of a nearly sleeping horse. "Oomph.." slipped out of her mouth, as she caught herself. Thats when she heard someone get up, and walk cautiously toward her. Oh this is just splendid she thought to herself...putting both hands up in the air in a gesture of surrender.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 05:43
Aerhíril stared across towards the camp. The elves were beginning to settle down, and the fires burned low. Then suddenly, out of the darkness came a noise. Something had just bumped into Celeblas. The frightened horse imediatly forgot his tiredness, and started to make the most dreadful racket imaginable.
"Celeblas! Be quiet! You'll rouse the entire camp!" Aerhíril brought her horse under control, but not for one second did she take her eyes of the figure in the dark. Their hands were held up sumissivley, and so Aerhíril relaxed a litte, and walked towards her.
"It is not often someone bumps into my horse," Aerhíril said jokingly.
"Have you come from the camp? If so then I am not a spy, I just thought it best to stay here for the night. Who are you?"
She asked, hoping to get a reply.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 05:53
Thorongil saw the elegant Elven-princess sitting down next to him.
" This is indeed my home as much as it is at the other side of the Mountains, " he answered Narya's question.
" The Darkness is deepening, mylady. I guess the Elves can hear and see it also. The animals are absent in these woods.
We must be quick. Gandalf the Grey spoke of great happenings in all of Middle-earth, but I feel so little, but a pawn on the board. "
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 07:52
" A pawn? Nay, I would not put you as a pawn, but rather a King. A great King over a great Kingdom. But even pawns can make a difference. Do not doubt yourself, for I do not doubt you." She smiled warmly, something she seldom did. Narya was very serious, and nearly never relaxed and had fun. " The woods have been empty for a long time. Only few animals dwell here now, and most of them are evil. I feel the darkness growing day by day. It seems the only escape is the path into the West, but I will not give up hope. The enemy is not as strong as he makes out. We may still defeat him, if we hold together." She looked once again into the fire, and closed her eyes. Suddenly, she looked up, and into the darkness beyond the firelight. " Nad no ennas." she whispered to her companion, and stood up. Grabbing her bow that had been resting on her back, and an arrow, she gently walked into the trees. Whoever it was had not noticed her. Staying just outside their eyesight, she said, " Who dares enter the woods of the Lord Thranduil? I suggest you speak quickly, for you are in danger of being hit by an arrow." She heard Thorongil stop just behind her, and they waited for the strangers' answer.

[Edited on 6/9/2004 by Aneras]
lindele
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 12:09
ooc: ok if I jump in?

bic:

Seeing the fires of the camp ahead, Rainelindele galloped into the forest, her hound Roime running beside her mount Tyelca. She had heard of the war gathering in Mirkwood and, though a musician, she felt that fate had called her to it. Her intstruments at her sides, she rode into the camp.

"Halt! Who are you who rides into the camp of the Mirkwood armies?"

"I am Rainelindele, a lone traveler wishing to join the fight. If you cannot use me as a warrior, though I am better than most with a bow, then at least let me stay the night. My music will hearten the troops."

"Rainelindele? Oh Rain! I haven't seen you in an eternity!" Startled, she looked up. "Mahtaraine? Dear brother! What a joy it is to see you here!" The two embraced, and exchanged stories.

"You know how I am, Rain," said Mahtaraine. "I am a warrior, and so here I am on the battlefield. Come into the camp and warm yourself."
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 02:43
Elwyn looked at Aerhiril nervously..."I am Elwyn, of the same lineage as the Lord of Imladris. I have known Narya and Aeriel for quiet some time, and I will not let them fight without me. It isn't fair that they should have all of the good battles." She smiled, trying to add a lighthearted feel to the bleekness of the current situation. "I am sorry about your horse, I didn't mean to run into him..." she patted the horse gently.
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 01:28
Dorn had been getting the troops all ready for the last day. His first in command said that there was 5,000 warrios. That's not enough!thougth Dorn. "Listen, tell the toops that in a hour we shall march. It's about a half a day journey to Mirkwood," said Dorn to his first in command. Dorn was pacing the ground when Celeborn came. "Is it all ready Dorn?" asked Celeborn. "Yes, lord. All is set. We march in an hour," answered Dorn. "Good, I bid you good luck. Bye," said Celeborn. "Bye!" yelled Dorn back. He then took out his sword and sharpened it. He then realized he would have fun. He wanted to go to battle!

The next hour approached and the Elves marched. All day to noon they marched witohut rest. Finally, Dorn could see a glimspe of the woods. When he got there, someone halted him.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email