Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dawn of elves
on: January 24, 2005 11:57
(((OOC: Do you guys mind if I join, if you do, i will delete my post.I am Arwyn Meluimiel, I am the daughter of Elladan, I am in the RPG database.)))

Arwyn stood looking out over the kingdom of her grandfather, Imladris, Rivendell in the common tongue. She had seen the two half-elves and the man arrive earlier only to be met by Glorfindel. She wondered what could bring two half-elves and a man to Rivendell, Probably the same reason that I am here. she thought. She sighed and went back in the house of her beloved grandfather, Elrond, just as he was entering, "Arwyn, my dear Arwyn." He came over and embraced her, "Seeing you is almost as good as seeing my daughter." He looked at her intently and added, "My, you favour her more and more every time I see you, which isn't often I might add." Arwyn sighed, "You know what I must do." He bowed his head, "Yes, but the light of the Evenstar will be passed to you, and you must be ready. You are in the line of Undomiel, and yet you insist on having your mother's name." He was frustrated with her. "I will take the name of your ancestors when I am ready. Did you see the two half-elves, and the man who crossed our borders earlier this day? I would much like to speak with them." He looked at her with a smile in his eye, "Why? Might I ask." Arwyn giggled, "No reason really, I would just like to ask them what brought them to Imladris." Elrond looked at her suspiciously, "Sure, but I will try to see if I can acquaint you." Arwyn smiled, "Thank you Taid Adar." she hugged her grandfather, and then he left. As he did, her hawk Toss, flew in, she smoothed his feathers and wispered, "Revia Toss a tiri am mellons.*" He flew off and she sighed, she still didn't know why she was here.

(((*My elvish is terrible! It says (roughly) 'Fly Toss (Blackthorn) and watch over friends.' I am sorry.

arwyn)))
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 07:28
((Not at all,we need some new faces.))

Feanar was having the most pleasant walk with her beloved, she listened as he talked of the new flowers and other things. Aways away the half-elf heard a conversation between Elrond and his granddaughter. She had seen Elladan's child before, briefly but had never met her. Embarassingly the wanderer realized Erestor had asked her a question. "I am sorry Meleth but I overheard a conversation between Elrond and Arwyn. Could you repeat that please?"

Erestor chuckled, "I asked if you would like to sit against the tree? There is a secret hiding spot within that only I and Elrond know of."

"Most definitely." Feanar followed her friend inside a secret entrance and smied as he arranged everything.

He turned, "We can stay the night if you wish?" At a nod from Feanar the councilor poured two glasses of minuvor and patted the sofa beside him.

Soon the two companions were talking amiably and growing tired. They turned down the bed and changing into clothes that were already there got into bed. Feanar tensed a bit as Erestor pulled her close and wrapped arms around her, but shook her head to dispel the memories and soon relaxed into slumber.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 11:05
Arwyn went back onto the veranda to do some reading, from aways off she saw Feanar and Erestor crawl into the secret hiding spot of her grandfather. She smiled as she saw it, and remembered the many times she had also crawled into that very spot. It was getting dark and Arwyn went into the room that had been prepared for her in the house of the Lord of Imladris. She had a bite of some lembas that was in her bag, and she went to bed. Her mind flew back to Lothlorien, and Galadriel and Celeborn and how much they wanted her to settle in Lorien with their people, her grandmother's kin. Then she thought of Elrond, and how desperately he wanted her to take up his line in Imladris. It troubled her that she was torn between two families, not to mention her mother's family in Mirkwood. She shook those thoughts off and thought of what she would say to the strange visitors that had passed within the borders today, the people were not strange, it was just strange that new people had passed within the borders, there had been no new blood in Imladris in a long while. Then all her thoughts went away as she slipped into the black sea of a deep sleep.

amidala
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 09:41
Hey guys its ami here..soz that i havnt been posting but ive been in hospital with an illness so i havnt had much time to be able to go on the computer. i see that you guys have it all under control so iv decided to leave the rp. Please carry it on though...
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 07:22
Feanar woke the next morning to find herself alone and momentarily panicked until she saw the rose laying on the white paper. Getting up and making the bed the half-elf walked over to the table and picked up the note, it read simply: Fea, Had to got to work. Come visit during lunch. Love Stor She smiled and dressed before leaving to the practice field.

There she laughed as Glorfindel was teaching some young recruits, causing her friend to lose concentration and the young elf snuck in to jab the blonde's side. He turned to her, "Thank you for that wonderful entrance mellon nin."

"I am sorry, was remembering that you taught me the same way." She laughed again as the young recruit's eyes widened and he asked how a woman could fight. "Times were different then. Women now, even elven women are more home-bodied and have a distaste for fighting."

"But a woman can not fight, they are too weak!" Another boy sad sneeringly.

"Really," Glorfindel replied. "In that case challenge Feanar and see for yourself if she is able to fight. I assure you though she is , I trained her myself!"

Feanar stepped into the ring and grabbing a practice sword expertly swung it around a few times to get the feel before letting her hair loose and stepping forward to be challenged. "What is your name young one?"

"Elendur. Master Glorfindel, what happens if I win?"

"IF you win, then I'll allow you to come on the next patrol to study and learn. If you lose it will be the stables for you for such stupidity and falsehoods. " Then the Balrog Slayer turned serious and raised his hand, "Let the duel begin!"

Foolishly the boy dashed in and Feanar expertly swerved and slashed his side. "You act before you think. Make your opponent come after you." Again the boy came but this time he ducked to avoid the blow, only the she-elf saw this and slapped his back. "You are not listening. Glor do you teach your children how to listen?"

The Elda smiled and noticed Erestor walk out to see about the ruckus and stood dazed at seeing his beloved fighting with one of the recruits.He wisely said nothing though as Glorfindel motioned for him to wait. He watched as the boy waited, circling and stupidly left his left flank open as he swerved to avoid the sharp blow to his arm. He instead doubled over and landed on the ground with a dull point at his throat. "Do you yield?"

"Yes, yes I yield." The boy took the proferred arm and stood wide-eyed as the elf that had beaten him quickly tied her hair in a bun on top of her head. "You're amazing milady, you were taught from Master Glorfindel!"

"Now none of that, my name is Feanar. You fought well Elendur but remember to protect yourself no matter what and plan before attacking, make your enemy come to you first!" Then she noticed Erestor and slightly behind him Arwyn. She nodded at her blonde friend and walked over to her beloved librarian. "Hello meleth. Watching my fight the youngling were you!"

"You were so graceful and beatiful. I came to see what the noise was about and was stunned. Let us go eat though, it is almost post lunch time." He took Feanar's arm and together they walked to the dining hall.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 01:56
Larewen looked outside and smiled. She saw Feanar fighting with a boy, who probably challanged her because she was a woman. A grin spread across Larewens face when the boy surrendered. She walked outside. 'Hello Glorfindel. How come this boy didnt defeat a woman? Women are weak, right?' The boy looked at her and turned around. Glorfindel laughed. 'He is new.' He said. Aiwendil smiled and turned around to Feanar. 'Good one Fea. Hello Erestor. How are you?' Larewen asked.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 11:21
Arwyn had watched from afar as the young one Elendur fought Feanar she laughed as she watched the woman beat the child.

Arwyn chose this time to approach, "Mae Govannen mellon nin to Imaladris. I am Arwyn Meluimiel grand-daughter of Elrond Lord of Imladris.I welcome you, it is good to have new blood within our borders, we have had no visitors in a long time."

Arwyn stopped and waited for a response.

[Edited on 27/1/2005 by DFK6498]
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 07:10
Feanar laughed. "Mae govannen to you also Arwyn though I am hardlky considered 'new-blood' anymore. I have been here so many times I practically live here. What brings the young grandaughter of our Lord here? I have seen you often in both Lothlorien and Mirkwood and also here in Imladris!"

Feanr stopped at a slight nudge from Erestor and took it as her cue that she was talking too much again.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 03:03
Larewen smiled when she saw Erestor nudge Feanar. 'Talking about new blood, do you know about a friend of mine, Aiwendil? She recently found out that her father was the half-brother of Elrond.' She smiled when they all looked at her. 'I really am serious.'
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 11:08
"I wish I knew what brings me here. I wander, that is why you have seen me in Mirkwood as well as Lothlorien, I am back in Imladris, because I felt I was called." Arwyn paused and turned to Larewen, "As for you Larewen, I do not know your friend personally, but I think i have been aquainted with her in all my travels. What brings all of you back to Imladris? If you don't mind me asking." Arwyn grinned.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 12:52
Feanar though a moment. "I'm not exactly sure. every so often I feel the call to come back, this time however I imagine I will be staying for some time." The half-elfblushed a bit and wrapped her arm around Erestor's waist as they walked toward the dining hall for lunch and talked amiably.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 12:07
'Well, i went here because i wanted to visit a friend. And i accompanied Feanar on the way here.' Larewen said and smiled. Too bad Aiwendil wasnt here. Larewen missed her. Maybe she would come here soon, or maybe Larewen would go to Lothlorien to visit her. Well, At least she would have a good time with Anduilon. Where was he anyway?
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 10:41
"Well, I hope you find your friend soon." Arwyn turned to leave, but then stopped, "Would you like to come eat lunch with myself and the Lord Elrond? I know he would love to meet all of you." Arwyn smiled hoping that they would say yes, she felt so alone sometimes and would really like to have some company besides her Taid Ada* for lunch.

(((* Taid ada is a little nickname I made up for Elrond, it means Second Father. Just thought I'd let you know)))
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 08:01
Feanar smiled, "We would love to accomapny you since we are already there. And as for myself, well...he has met me many times but once more shan't hurt."

Erestor on the other hand was being abnormally quiet wich was strange even for him. Feanar loked over at the elf next to her. "Stor what troubles you? Something is preying on your mind that causes you to be even more quiet!"

The advisor smiled, "I will discuss it with you later meleth. Others are hear that should not overhear."

"Alright." Feanar shrugged and continued following Arwyn to the Dining Hall.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 11:03
Arwyn walked lightly to the Dining Hall, she knew that Elrond was inside. She opened the door and ushered them into the hall. Elrond rose, "Arwyn, you have brought visitors. Mae Govannen, Feanar, it is wonderful to see you back in Imladris." He walked over and embraced Feanar, and kissed Arwyn on the cheek.

Arwyn smiled and said, "I told you I would meet them Taid Ada. Please mellon nin, have a seat." She motioned to the long table for all of them to sit. They graciously accepted. Food was brought in and set on the table.

Elrond spoke, "Feanar, my dear friend, tell me how do your parents fair?"

Arwyn smiled, it was like old time in Imladris.
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 07:07
((DFK6498 please read this...as Feanar does not have any parents or family. http://councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=3817 Thank you))

Feanar looked at Elrond, he was one of three others that knew her life and he had asked her about her parents. She didn't even remember tham let alone know how they were doing. Probably better off without me I suppose. Probably leading happy lives in Mandos' Halls or Valinor...

Instead she turned a question to Elrond, "My Lord how is it that Arwyn is here now at this pivotal time-" then turning to Arwyn to explain her question- " Your emotions ran high when I asked you earlier. Would you tell us or rather Elrond. I would help if I could since I consider your Grandfather a very dear friend of mine?!"
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 11:03
(((OOC: Sorry!! I didn't mean to step on your toes BTW, do you mind if I play Elrond for the few parts he is in? If you do, then just tell me! Thanks!)))

Elrond looked from Feanar to Arwyn and said, "Arwyn does what she pleases. I am hoping that she will take her place in this family." He turned to Feanar again. "I am sorry Feanar to have asked of your parents. I just remembered..." Elrond bowed his head slightly.

Arwyn took up the question after Elrond had said that, "Well Feanar, to be honest, Taid Ada is ready for something to happen that is not ready itself. He wants me to be ready for when the Light of the Evenstar is passed unto me." She looked to her beloved grandfather, "And I will be, when the time is right. I come back when I feel he is calling me. As I did a few days ago." Arwyn smiled and began on her meal. "Where did you say you came from mellons nin?"
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 10:16
((No harm done DFK...and you can play Elrond for as long as you want! And idea, I'm thinking of some sort of upcoming skirmish or something just to add some life into the thread. The starter never really had any background info so any is welcome along with ideas and such...))

feanar sat there and listened to everyone else speak, she really had nothing to say and what would she answer anyway. She had no home nor really wanted any home. Then she looked at Erestor sitting there observing as he always did and a strange feeling of contentment came over the half-elf. In that moment Feanar realized that she did have a home and she was accepted barring anything. With this though Feanar enfolded her hand in that of he beloved's under the tale and sat back against the chair in silent contemplation.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 08:10
'Oh, thank you, Sure.' Larewen said and she quickly asked. 'Can i bring my friend too?' Arwyn nodded and Larewen rushed off to Anduilon. Then she saw him. And he was with someone. Someone with blonde hair. A white horse stood behind them and Larewen grinned. 'Aiwendil!!!' She called and she ran towards them. Aiwendil stepped away from Anduilon and held her arms open. Larewen flung her arms around her friend and they laughed. Anduilon smiled. 'How are you?' Aiwendil asked. 'No time, Come with me. I have been invited to your Uncle. I could bring Anduilon, but i am sure that Elrond won't mind that you will come too.' Aiwendil smiled and grabbed the hands of both Anduilon and Larewen. The all rushed towards the rooms of Elrond and Aiwendil knocked on the door. She didnt wait for an answer but opened the door. 'Uncle! I am back!'

[And Aiwendil has entered the builing.... YAY]
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 10:34
Elrond rose as Aiwendil came in the door, "My dear Muinthor iell*!! How wonderful to see you!!" He walked to her and embraced her. Aiwendil smiled.

Arwyn rose to meet her relative, "Mae Govannen Aiwendil, I am Arwyn daughter of Elladan, I am not sure we have met."

(((*Muinthor Iell means Brother Daughter)))
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 03:33
Elrond rose and hugged her tightly. 'Goodday my Lord.' She turned to Arwyn who held out her hand. Aiwendl shook her hand and said: 'Daughter of Eregon. We haven't met before, I am glad that I've met you now. How are you?'
Tarmacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 10:50
Tarmacar had been pacing his room for some time. He had straightened everything in his room a couple of times. He had to go present himself to Elrond at some time. He knew it was his fault his family had died. The sooner he went and saw him the better.

Tarmacar looked in the mirror one last time and left. It took him 30 minutes to find his way to the correct door, after being gone from rivendell for so long. He steeled up his courage and knocked on the door.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 11:01
Arwyn took Aiwendil's hand, and then embraced her, "We are family," she smiled, "I am well, my cousin. Better now that I have come back to be with the people I love, for a while." She motioned to the table, "Please, come sit, and we will feast in your honor." Arwyn walked to the kitchens and asked the cooks to cook twice the food, they were to feast in honor of the return of her long lost cousin Aiwendil.

Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 08:52
Being closer to the door Feanar heard the light knock, although truthfull it was more of a tap. She answered it to see Tarmacar there and she wuiclky ushered him in. "It has been a long time since I have seen you! I had thought you might have left already but I see that is not the case. Come, you must be anxious to talk with Lord Elrond."

The half-elf led her traveling companion to the Lord of Rivendell and stood to the side. She knew that the man was nervous beyond belief, it was practically sweating out of him. She wondered why but decided to let it slide as him being here to talk would let her know soon enough. Meanwhile she contented herself with talking quietly to her lover.
Tarmacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 10:58
(OOC: I am not to good at RPG'ing and am a newbit at it so I am reluctant to answer for Elrond here)

"Hello Lord Elrond. It has been a long time since I was last here. I don't know if you remember me. My parents were commoners that lived here many years ago, but died in an orc raid traveling North. I am honored to be back and would like your permisson to take up residence here". He had finished with the speach he had prepared and looking up at the kind eyes, felt himself calming down.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 10:53
Elrond looked at Tarmacar, "Of course I remember you Tarmacar. I remember every person who has taken up residence in my wonderful city. Please I would love for you to take up residence here again, come and sit, we are already feasting." He led Tarmacar to the table and sat down. "Tarmacar I would like you to meet my beloved grand-daughter Arwyn. She has come back to Imladris for a while."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arwyn smiled and said, "Mae govannen Tarmacar to Imladris, again. It is wonderful to have you here. Taid Ada and I will set up some temporary chambers, if necessary, for you until you have settled in." She picked up her fork and began to feast.

(((I don't think anyone else if playing Elrond, so I just took him up.)))
Tarmacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 10:34
(ooc:sorry about not playing elrond, just didn't want to step on any toes)

Tarmacar blushed. "Thank you Lord Elrond. It is an honor to be back." He looked over at Arwyn and blushed, wringing his hands nervously. "Uh, It is good to meet you lady Arwyn. They have found me a room. I have been well treated, just ready to eat a good meal again, after so many years".

Tarmacar sat down and began to feast, after seeing lady Arwyn start. It was everything he had dreamed, and remembered.

Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 12:08
((Need some action in here))

Feanar watched the whle exchange between everyone and shrugged. She walked back to her seat next to Erestor, taking his free hand under the table. She squeezed it three times and then began to eat along with everyone else.

Soon after the private feast, everyone was talking amongst themselves, but Feanar found she really couldn't contribute to the conversation at all so she decided to make her excuses and leave.

Outside she and Erestor decided to take a walk through the gardens and were enjoying the silence and night noises when Erestor stopped and turning her kissed her lips. Then before she could possibly change her mind he pulled away and continued walking.

The moment was ruined though when a warning call came just preceding a wounded guard and then Glorfindel. She immediately ran to get Elrond, busting in unceremoniously. "My Lord one of your guard has been severly wounded. I fear for the worst since Glorfindel has also accompanied the elf. I think he wishes to speak with you."
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 11:26
Elrond turned to face Feanar, "I will go to him." Then he turned to Arwyn, "My dear Taid Iell, stay with our guests here, all will be fine."
After that Elrond left the room with Feanar to find Glorfindel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arwyn looked at her guests, she could tell Tarmacar wanted to follow and see the action. "My guests, excuse me for a moment, I am sure I will see you again in your stay here." She paused tha turned to Tarmacar, "Tarmacar," She whispered, "Follow me."
The man followed Arwyn out the door, Arwyn put a finger to her lips telling Tarmacar to be quiet. They followed Elrond and Feanar closely. Arwyn wondered where Feanar was taking him...

[Edited on 14/2/2005 by DFK6498]
Tindomewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 08:14
((I have sort of taken up Glorfindel))

Feanar was aware of their being followed but it was of little importance. She directed Lord Elrond at a quick pace to where Glorfindel was pacing nervously. He looked up and nodding in greeting to Feanar and Erestor began talking to his lord.

"A group of thirty to fourty Orcs have assailed us. We managed to kill them all with only two casualities and a few wounded. Our major wounded is being rushed to the healer's. I sense that more of the enemy lurks hidden in shadow nearby our lands. I ask for some men to accompany me on a search to find these beasts and rid them of this world. We must move swiftly my Lord for I left too few soldiers out there on patrol to hold the defenses long."

Feanar listened to Glorfindel's 'speech' with growing anger that the foul beasts of Sauron would dare come so close to her beloved resid-home, her beloved home. She hoped that Elropnd would readily accept because she was feeling blood-thirsty and needed to vent it out on the Orcs roaming free.
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 11:00
Arwyn gasped and then quickly covered her mouth as she heard the news of the orcs. It truly was a dark time, v. dark time. She looked at Tarmacar and then decided he would be find by himself. She turned and quickly ran from the bush they were hiding behind.

Arwyn didn't know if Tarmacar was following her, but she learned from a friend in Edoras ((( ))) that even women who cannot weild a sword can die by them. She went to her room and got a sword out of her bag and attached it to her waist.

(((Tarmacar can follow me, I kinda left it open )))
Tarmacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 05:43
(OCC: I am going to be on vacation till February 23rd. I will still be around a computer though, so I should be able to post!)
As Tarmacar listened to the news of the orcs a white hot fire burned within him. He had to do something! They had hurt him enough. He realized that Arwyn had just run off, to her room he suspected. What a good Idea!

Tarmacar ran off to his room and grabbed his things, putting on his armour and getting ready for war! he then left his room and caught up with Arwyn.

"Lets kill orcs"
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 10:51
Arwyn, who had never really been a fighter was having impulses that she had never felt before. When Tarmacar said "Let's kill orcs." A feeling of violation welled up inside of her and compelled her to go kill herself a mess of orcs. She felt that these foul orcs had violated her security, coming into the place of her childhood, her haven of security. "Follow me Tarmacar, it is no use trying to fight this army without my grandfather knowing." Arwyn walked to where her grandfather was. She didn't exactly know the place, but her tie to him led her there. She walked up to her grandfather, with Tarmacar by her side, "Taid Ada, Tarmacar and I are ready to fight to defend Imladris."

Elrond turned to face his granddaughter. "Taid Iell, this is not for you. You should go back to your chambers."

"I am going to fight, with or without your help. I know I have a better chance with your help. Please Taid Ada, do not make me do something foolish." As Arwyn finished she grabbed Elrond's hand desperately.

Elrond sighed, "This is where I can see the similarities between you and my daughter. You are so determined both of you." He paused and squeezed Arwyn's hand. He then turned to Tarmacar, "I am guessing my grand-daughter didn't put you up to this. Are you ready and willing to fight for the protection of Imladris, Tarmacar?" Elrond stopped and waited for the man to answer.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 01:08
'Offcourse he is. And we are too!' Aiwendil said, rushing in, fully equipped with armour and weapons and with Larewen and Anduilon by her side.

'I know I cant stop you're friends, but Aiwendil? Please stay here.' 'No Uncle, i can't... I know I will regret that later. And remember, I have been trained well. And I can't sit still when there is a fight going on and i can't help. You know this Ada.' Elrond sighed and said: 'Why do you all look alike? I will be worried. Watch yourselves please.' 'Thank you Ada!' She hugged him and took the hand of Arwyn and Tamarcar. 'Come on!' and they rushed outside...

[i know Aiwendil said Ada, but she like Grandpa better than Uncle.]
DFK6498
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 11:09
Arwyn broke the silence when they had gotten outside. "My friends, and family," She added turning to Aiwendil. "I give you many thanks for standing up to fight for the protection of this wonderful city." She paused as her heart welled up with sadness, "I do not really have a home, but this city," she motioned to Imladris, "Is the closest thing I have to a home. And you all know that when this battle is over, I will probably return to the life i have chosen for myself. But in the end, Imladris will be safe, and that is all I really care about right now." She pulled her sword from its sheath and held it to the sky, "Let us combine forces, put your swords against mine." They followed her instruction. "Let the blood of these orcs stain the ground of Imladris!!" They then lowered their swords. And Arwyn was once again. Silent.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email