Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: How many broken bones through your life?
on: May 28, 2006 08:04
Broken both thigh bones age 4 for the left age 25 for the right one.
Broke the same bone in the hand age 11 for the right and 31 for the left.
Cracked a vertibrae age 25...
I stopped counting how many sprains and dislocations when I was 14...

Now I don't run or ski or swim but I still do everything else.

Never have cut myself with a knife of which I have many...
but on the edge of a piece of paper lots of times...

I did sand the end of a finger off at age 12... it grew back just fine.

I've been clinicaly dead 3 times but I am here til God says come home
then I am gone...
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2006 12:09
No broken bones, though I thought I broke my wrist when my horse ran into me. Stupid horse...
Rhysenn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2006 03:00
Once I was sledding, and i flipped over and broke my collarbone. That's the only bone i'm sure i've broken. I may have broken a toe or something once or twice.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2006 06:15
I broke a few toes when I was really mad at my sister and I kicked the wooden bit of an huge armchair when I was eleven. I shouldn't let my temper get the better of me - it hurts!
I also broke a rib falling out of a window when I was twelve and I have a dent in my skull where I fell onto the corner of a coffee table when I was three. You can still see the dent in my head now - it's just under the end of my left eyebrow .

Edit: I forgot - I broke my finger playing Mercy with a guy a year older than me. I still won, but only because he lost concentration when he heard the bone break!

(Mercy is a game where two people hold up their hands and link fingers, you then have to get the other person to say "Mercy" by twisting their arms around or similar. You're not allowed to let go of the other person's hands or stamp on their feet/kick them etc.)

[Edited on 13/9/2006 by bow_and_arrow]
Melianmaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2006 05:41
I had a compound fracture to my left ankle when I was 23. A young mare I was training reared up and went over backwards on me. It nearly severed my foot.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 08:36
never broken anything as such, but had both my legs broken once (and no, i didn't owe anyone any money, they were doctors - although it often equates to the same thing!)
Jozy
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2007 03:07
Seems like this community is accident-prone! I have had but one broken bone, a fracture, really, on one of my proximal phalanges, near the middle knuckle. I also am glad to see that I'm not the only one to bump into poles, I've literally ran into a bright yellow one. :rolleyes:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2007 10:40
Okay, I deleted all the past stuff. I broke my wrist, and that's pretty much the only bone i've broken. though my uncl did fall on mii leg going down a water slide and mom thought it was broken, but it wasn't. just badly bruised...and i've bruised ribs, not cracked them or anything major. i did break both my big toes, one of which punting a beanie baby down the hallway at my house...

[Edited on 14/10/2008 by Elfalas]
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2008 12:41
I have broken my right arm twice, my right thumb once, my left wrist & arm once and my right ankle once !!!
Elana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2008 05:52
I have broken my wrist once when I fell down the monkey bars in kindergarten...or rather was pushed down.
And one time I slept in a loft bed in a youth hostel and fell down, breaking my collarbone. Awaking in mid-air is not funny at all, and that stone floor wasn't comfy either...

And speaking of running into things - I litterally walked into my door once. I just forgot to open it first! :blush: Okay, it was in the middle of the night, my room was dark and I had gotten up just some seconds ago, so I was rather asleep than awake.
ôldôr
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2008 09:41
When I was 6 I broke two bones in my arm. I was playing pokemon with my brother and I was pretending to fly then I jumped off the sofa and broke my arm! I was confused because I thought that the term 'broken arm' (or whatever) meant that the whole arm would break in two; I remember screaming and wondering why I couldn't move my arm.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2008 03:35
I've only broken one bone: my arm... I sprained my wrist, broke my arm/elbow area, bruised a bone in my shoulder. That was all on one arm. The bad news is, I sprained my right wrist not too long ago. Let's hope the pattern doesn't repeat!
Eletúrë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 10:06
I've never broken a bone! yay for me.
xXxArendilxXx
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2008 02:56
welll.... lets see....

(in order) I broke my left arm once when I was like 7 (compound fracture) then about a month later, right as I got my cast off , I rebroke it in the exact same place. Then I broke my right pinky toe while playing hide and seek in the dark. Then I dislocated my right thumb skateboarding (the bottom of my thumb went all the way to the top of my hand) Then soon after that I broke my right wrist when I was like 12 (pretty bad fracture.(I got two pins in it and it hurt!) As soon as i broke my wrist, I figured it would be best to quit skateboarding..... And since then I haven't broken anything else, but I have sprained my ankle at least a billion times.... Oh yeah! I almost forgot, I stepped on a shard of glass a few years ago and it went into my foot.... I got a few stitches from that. I have a gnarly scar from the compound fracture and I took a chunk out of my toe a few weeks ago while swinging. (i know, i know, how in the world did i do that? and why was I swinging anyway?) but other than that, i'm pretty unscathed!

..... And I'm still only thirteen!!

[Edited on 20/8/2008 by xXxArendilxXx]
Hravan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2008 05:18
I broke my Fibula just above my left ankle joint when I was 13. I was horse riding, actually just walking, when something metal fell over and made a huge crash and Emma (the horse) bolted. I lost my balance and started to fall off but my left foot was trapped in my stirrup so I was dragged along. Then I passed out as my bone broke. I wasn't out long but when I woke up I had another horse jumping over me because he had bolted too...
'Tis was rather scary

What happened was that the pressure pulled my my bone apart except for a tiny little silver which meant I didn't have to have pins put in luckily.
However, I still have major problems with my ankle now 4 years on and I've only been allowed to go riding 3 times since...
~~Tinuviel~~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2008 05:00
I fractured my left wrist playing ice hockey last year. It was my very first time playing, and I wasn't a very good skater. I think I was trying to do a cross-over while looking in the wrong direction, and I fell. lol, the first thing out of my mouth when I was asked if I was okay, was "I'm fine!". Of course, a couple of seconds later my brain cought up with the pain and I relised that I wasn't "fine". :rolleyes: Oh well, it healed fast and I haven't had any problems with it at all.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 01, 2008 07:29
I have never borken a bone. Though i have had my share of injuries. Riding horses does that.
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2009 05:07
I have only broken toes and fingers.
Gwenniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2010 08:07
Two. and that was in the same arm. I fell from my bike and broke both the radius and the ulna. (Are they called that? I´m sure they have a more common name? These are just those I found on Wikipedia )
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: July 09, 2010 06:27
I've never broken any bones, the closest I've come being straining my arm in 3rd grade, falling off icy monkey bars.
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
ManveruMapalon
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2010 10:50
Two of them. One in 4th grade (fracture of the wrist) and one right now (toe) Actually, it's been broken for a couple months, and I just found out a few days ago.
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 22, 2010 09:15
One, my elbow, in fourth grade. A boy fell in it in gym. On a mat! That was Friday, and I didn't actually go to the doctor until Sunday. My parents decided that we had a problem when I informed them that it didn't hurt at all unless I moved it.
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2010 09:39
I broke my collar bone when I was born and I think I broke my little toe on my left foot but I'm not sure. About a year ago I realized that I couldn't straighten it out like my right one. I told my mom and we think I broke it and didn't realize it
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2011 01:12
I broke my toe vaulting over a diningroom chair when I was fourteen and when I was 10/11 I was sliding down the banister and fell off it, landing face first on the ground, knocking myself unconscious. I woke up, hearing my dad yelling about someone falling, but no one came to investigate, so I dragged myself up and went to the livingroom where he was watching tv and said, "i fell again, daddy.' His jaw dropped and my little sister's eyes grew and she ran out of the room to get ice. When I looked later, I hardly recognized myself, my face was so covered with bruises. I, luckily, didn't break any teeth, but I fractured my nose.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: March 28, 2011 05:52
I guess I can post here now because I sorta broke a bone... After 26 years of not breaking a thing, I fractured my nose.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 05:52
twenty-six years?! Did your parents wrap you in bubble wrap or something?
My parents used to brag about having seven children and no one ever needing stitches or breaking any bones until I broke my nose then a few monthes later I had to be rush to the emergency room because I was on our old swing and the chain broke and when I fell, I sliced my leg clean open on a rusty nail. I didn't even realize until my mom pointed it out. It didn't hurt and the cut was so clean it didn't even bleed until I got to the hospital. It was purple and bruised around it and the doctors said they hadn't ever heard of anything like it because the cut was so wide, they weren't convinced I cut it on a nail. I think it caught on the head and that's why it was so wide.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 10:52
One, so far...lol
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 11:54
LegolasXXXXX, what did you break?
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 12:01
I know this souns pathetic, but I broke my pinkie toe...my brother kicked at me and I blocked it...stupid move I know...
LegolasXXXXX, what did you break?
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2011 05:11
Pinky toe? how on EARTH do you break THAT??? lol. I broke my big toe vaulting over a diningroom chair and it catching on one of the little curly designs on the back haha. It was all black, red, purple, and blue and hurt so bad i couldnt walk for a long time....that was when i was sick with the flu and the medicine i took made me sort of dillusional which was why i decided to randomly jump over the back of a five foot tall chair lol.
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2011 11:25
My sister broke her pinky finger. :-O

~Frodo (the Second)
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2011 12:02
My dad broke his big toe once. So far I haven't broken anything.
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." -A Midsummer Night's Dream
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: September 07, 2011 06:49
twenty-six years?! Did your parents wrap you in bubble wrap or something?

Nahh, I'm just not much of a daredevil and not accident prone. *knock on wood* A lot of little kids flail and jump around trying all kinds of stunts. I could never do that... had to quit gymnastics because I was afraid to flip.
ashe
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2011 12:27
I fractured my left arm sparring a black belt in karate last year, but that's the only fracture I've ever had.
Andowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2011 04:39
I've had three plastercasts and not one of them was on a broken bone!

All the bones that I've broken have been silly things and I've not even found out that they were actually broken until months or years after the fact - a couple of toes (when I put down a tv unit onto them), a bone in my foot when a girl wearing stiletto heels stood on me, and a rib a couple of times.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email