Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
Post LOTR Gamers In Need of Help - Look Here
on: October 03, 2004 11:46
If you're stuck on any LOTR video game, post here. Explain the scenario.

Also, if you're an 'expert' or have beaten the games, you can post here offering help.
Gandalf90
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: LOTR Gamers In Need of Help - Look Here
on: October 03, 2004 12:05
Hi, I have beat The Return of the King game so if anyone need help please post it. Thanks
Draugluin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2004 01:21
I have beat The Two Towers game so if you need any help just ask.
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 20, 2004 01:46
Return of the King, 'Crack of Doom'. We are stuck, I'm playing co-op at the moment and we have finally made it to versing Gollum. We manage to get him over the edge usually twice, than die.

Any clues (NO CHEATS please) on how to beat him...does he follow a particular pattern or anything? Thanks!
CrazyInsaneJess
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 04:25
Yeah, it's simple, just knock Gollum near the edge & when you have him hanging on the edge with his fingers, use your finishing move (R2). You'll have to do this about three times, but just stick with it!

Hope I helped ya! ^_^
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 05:20
Computer RotK. I'm stuck on the level of "King of the Dead." I've talked to people and they say i't all easy, but I can't complete it. I can defeat the King easily enough, but I can't run out of the Paths of the Dead. Usually the orcs get me, but if not then the the rocks fall to fast for me to run out and kill the orcs. Is there a special tactic that I can follow to pass the level, or is it just "run as fast as you can," like everyone has told me? Can I make my life on this level any easier?

Thanks!
Ceolewyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 02:24
It took a friend and me about an hour to beat this level when we played co-op. The trick is to keep going forward no matter what. You can fall down holes in the ground and the only way to deal with those is to learn from your mistakes. When you are battling orcs try to use swift attack as much as possible because you also parry when you do swift attack. Is there a specific part where the orcs kill you or the rocks fall on you? There are different strategies for each part of the level.
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 09, 2004 07:19
Yeah, it's simple, just knock Gollum near the edge & when you have him hanging on the edge with his fingers, use your finishing move (R2). You'll have to do this about three times, but just stick with it!

Hope I helped ya! ^_^

Thank you so much :love: I finally beat him (took me a few months but anyway )

A hint with the King of the Dead try jumping backwards through the mists and if you can play co-op with someone get your level up in Paths of the Dead on both Co-op and 1 player before you go into it (you can do this if you save your progress for 1 Player and Co-op in the same file thing), also try and play with Legolas or Gimli when you first do it cause Aragorn is really slow in his movements (thats what my sis and me think anyway), I'd reccomend Legolas before Gimli though...
alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 10:11
Just the thread I was looking for!
OK, in LOTR: The Third Age (PS2) I'm at this part in the Mines of Moria where they have just heard Gandalf yelling at Pippin down the well or whatever it is, and then the balrog comes and they try to follow it but the path is broken. Immediately after that it goes to a big battle where you are completely surrounded by orcs, the characters you have are Elegost, Idrial (that's her name, right?), and Berethor. It won't let you substitute someone out for Hadhod. Anyway, I just can not win that battle no matter how many times I do it. Any tips? Thanks!

[Edited on 25/12/2004 by alduya]
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 10:49
Hey alduya

I’ve just completed the part you were having trouble with (I got the game a few days ago), looking at the date of your post though I'm not sure this will be much help to you but anyway… the only advice I can give you is

-go back to your save point after your conflicts before it, (so that if you die you can begin it again on full health)
-try and save your perfect mode so that you can use it straight away, this will kill two of the goblins (if you don’t have perfect mode use it as soon as you do)
-the only way you can have the three you want is if you make sure they are the ones you end the battle previous to this one one; if at all possible I would recommend Elegost and Hadhood as two of that three

Hints on what to use depending on different characters

Berethor –use Leadership skills, this will help him and your other players to miss enemy shots and to have more accuracy

Elegost –use Aimed shot or the shot that puts enemies to sleep (if you’ve got it yet and I can’t remember its proper name but be warned this 'sleeping' shot seems to drain Elegost of his Action points a lot)

Hadhood- use his Spirit powers to protect any member of your group that is about to die

Idrial –use her Spirit powers to partially heal any member that needs it

Use the changing positions thing (once again I can’t remember its name) to make sure Elegost always can fire on an enemy. Also use your Items to keep them alive (and don’t be sparring in them –you’re going to need all you can get) Other than that there is not much more advice I can think of right now, anyway hope that helps

[Edited on 1/1/2005 by elvishmusician]
alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 04:37
Thanks, you're right that it won't help much because I took it to my cousin's house and he helped me get past it.
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 07:43
Hey, this is just the thread I need!

I am so in need of help defeating the witch king in the game The Thrid Age, he just won't die and poor Eowyn keeps on dying and being revived :cry:. Can any one help, if so it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

*~ Eveligh~*
Ceolewyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 08:41
Defeating the Witch King takes time but here's so tricks to make it go easier.

First, use the item that takes away all of the enemy's armor (I don't remember its name).

Next, on Berethor's first turn Taunt Foe. He is the only one who is immune to Fear and if any of the other characters get Fear put on them you're in trouble

Use Berethor and Eowyn as your main attackers and use their strongest attacks. The W-K can counterattack and these are the only two with which you can risk that.

Use Idrial for health and reviving. Her spells give a lot more HP and AP than the items. Aura of the Valar and Haste of the Elves help in this battle.

Use Hadhod for shields. If all characters have a shield then feel free to use him for attack. Like the others use his strongest attacks.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 07:41
Hey! I just discovered this thread and I've beaten TTT and ROTK games, and I am at Helm's Deep in The Third age game. I LOVE THAT GAME! It's awesome!

Just one thing. I used to have trouble on ROTK. I could never get my Infinite Missiles code to work. Anyone else have the same problem, or know what is wrong? Your advice is much appreciated! :wave:

oh, and to change positions in The Third age, Use Wheel About.

[Edited on 11/1/2005 by Silivrentolwen]
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 04:09
Silivrentolwen, I have the RotK game, so I'll check the Infinite Missiles thing out... have you finished the game, or are you using the cheat before you've finished? I'm not sure, but I tried a cheat when I hadn't finished the game and I don't think it worked. But maybe that's just me. If you have finished, then I'm not sure, but I'll check it out today or tomorrow.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 03:58
Yes, I've finished the game, and I'm trying to use the code in the Palantir's mostly, and they don't seem to work, but the Live refill does, and I think every other code. I don't remember. It's been a while. Thank you for helping! Oh, and did I mention I'm on PS2 not the computer???

Oh, and one more question, if no one minds. I've been getting killed at Helm's deep, in the same place. It's where you've got a troll and four bazurkers and they keep coming. And Berethor's going to get them all killed just because he "does not fear them. I fear no one!!" So annoying. Any suggestions???

[Edited on 13/1/2005 by Silivrentolwen]
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 04:14
Oh, Silivrentolwen, I'm on the comp., not on PS2, but I tried the Infinite Missiles cheat anyway...

If it's the same as the comp., I think I know why it you think it doesn't work. You've got 30 missiles, and you use them all up, and when you get to zero missiles, you still have missiles - it just doesn't show up. I hope you get me - you do have infinite missiles, but the numbers from 30 keep going down till it gets to zero, but you can keep firing.

I hope you follow me and I hope that helped!
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 07:12
Oh! Really?! I'll have to check that out! Thaks!

And I beat that part in Helm's Deep in The Third Age. Does anyone else but me think that the whole Idrial/Berethor "romance" is stupid??

Now I keep getting killed when facing the witch King at Osgiliath. Grrrrr. Stupid Fear! He keeps on freezing them so I can't trade them out. :angry: :banghead:
Ceolewyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 07:18
You might have already beat it by now but, I'll post this in case anyone else needs help beating this part.

Whenever you go up against the Witch King do Taunt Foe with Berethor. This means that the Witch King will only attack Berethor (with single person attacks). Also make sure that by now Berethor is Immune to Fear otherwise this won't work. So, now the Witch King will only try to cast Fear on Berethor keeping all your players in the game. This goes for beating the Witch King at Osgiliath and Pelennor Fields.

I agree, Silivrentolwen, the Idrial/Berethor "romance" is stupid. I commend the EA people for trying to come up with a storyline to go along with the game but, they really missed the mark with the Idrial/Berethor thing.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 10:03
Thanks, Ceolewyn! I've just beaten him at Osgiliath and Pelenor fields, but i didn't use Taunt Foe. I'll have to remember that if I ever face him again. Thank you very much!

Oh, and one more thing that was stupid. Berethor's whole, Morgul knife thing and his whole deal with Saruman, whatever that was. ?? Did anyone else think that was dumb??
alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 06:28
This is also about LOTR: The Third Age.
I'm in the East Moria Mausoleum Entrance and I've gone into those 3 rooms next to the big chair in it and found nothing. I have no idea what to do next because I can't find anything new anywhere and there's nowhere to go. Does anyone know what to do? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I got past that. The annoying thing is I beat the balrog and then I couldn't find a place to save, lost a different battle and...well...you get the picture...

[Edited on 23/1/2005 by alduya]
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 05:02
Yup, the Balrog is pretty hard to beat. I remember when i beat him, it started going into this long, epic scene, and I'm like, "Did I beat him?" It was pretty funny.

Oh, and the stupidity gets better. Berethor and Idrial don't end up together! And at the end of Pelenor fields, it gets really stupid. Just to warn you.
alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 02:07
Actually I beat him on my first try, it just took awhile.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 04:09
Wow! It took me like ten times to beat it. I marvel at your greatness, oh Balrog slayer! Heehee.
alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 01:32
Oh, that's a new name for me. Thanks! I like names. So far I have Elf, LOTR girl, and and Balrog slayer. :rolling:

[Edited on 26/1/2005 by alduya]
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 04:11
:wave: Hello again all! I need help with one last thing, then I'll have beaten the game. Osgiliath. I still have one thing to do. Find some weapon that was dropped in the river by an enemy. I can't figure out where it is. And the large door is shut. Can anyone help me? I'm kinda lost. :banghead:
sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 12:12
Hi! I've beaten the Black Label LOTR FOTR game for the PC ( I think the ps2 version is the same) quite a few times, so if yu need help I can prob help you easily!
Arwen_the_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 02:15
Hi, I have been playing Return of the King,(PC), for some time now, and I have beaten all of the levels so far with out much difficulty. The only one I can't beat is Pelennor Fields. How do you complete this level?
Help much appriciated.
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 04:04
Ah, I've finished RotK, so I can help you with this, Arwen!

Pellenor Fields... okay... is there any particular section you get stuck on?

WHen you have to kill the Nazgul but there's a Mumak also to be killed, I found it's better to kill the mumak first. And, if you're on full health, and your trying to kill the Nazgul but Easterlings are trying to get you, then get the Nazgul first. Easterlings can wait.

Oh, one more thing, I found this important... two things, actually.

1. When the movie comes for the Mumak, look carfully. You know those things you've got to shoot down to kill the mumak? CHeck which side they are on. It changes. Yiou have to run across the field if it's on the other side to the one you are on now.

2. Don't stop to fight anything on the bottom on the field (between the two sides.) Only go down when you have to switch sides - and run, don't stop to attack anyone.

I hope I'm making sense. I don't think I am. Ah well, if you don't get me or you need help with something else on that level / in the game, then just post, I'll try my best to help you.

sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 01:02
I need help with LOTR:ROTK!!! I fininished installation, and then when I tried to start it, a popup said that there was like the wrong DirectX or something like that! I use windows XP. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Belthronding
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 02:46
Get DirectX9 at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx and install it, then see if it works
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 08:24
Excuse me, but....what's the "Infinite Missiles" cheat? I can't get past Helm's Deep and I need it really bad!! Thank you.
Ceolewyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 12:38
Which game are you playing? The only infinite missiles cheat I know of is for RotK. Just so you know on RotK you can't use the cheats until you've beaten the game.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 07:58
Oh....nevermind. I have "The Third Age", so I guess the cheat won't work huh?
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 10:25
Guess not, foolofatook, but if you really want cheats, then go to some cheats website, and look it up.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email