Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: LOTR Gamers In Need of Help - Look Here
on: March 11, 2005 06:54
I just figured out the problem, but the game cant work. On the bottom of the box, it mentioned some chipsets that wold work with it, but I assumed our computer had them because its up-to-date. So, I went to the website, and the chip number we have is impossible for the game to work on. And we cant just go buy expensive chips to play a game.......they should give them for free if the game dosn't work! I wish THAT would ever happen.....anyway, thank you for your help
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 07:11
Abots: *lol* I know. I tried looking up cheats for it....but they don't have any! Drat. *lol* :banghead:

sweelittleelf: Hmm....that stinks. I hope you fix the problem soon. *pats littleelf on the back and gives her an ice cream cone*
Ceolewyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 07:33
sweetlittleelf: I think I had this problem too. Follow the instructions on the following site. I hope it helps.

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-007910.htm

foat: What part of Helm's Deep are you stuck on? I've beaten the game and maybe I could help.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 08:08
Ceolewyn: Nevermind. I beat the Helm's Deep level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooo hoooo!!! *jumps for joy* *lol*
sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 05:06

*pats littleelf on the back and gives her an ice cream cone*

Yum!! Thank you! but I returned game already....
That sux! Iprob could have fixed it.... gggggggrrr
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 07:13
sweetlittleelf: *lol* You're welcome! Awww....you returned the game? That's too bad....
alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 09:39
Here I am asking for help AGAIN...lol! It's on LOTR: The Third Age as usual. I am in Rohan and I can't find Morwen's family! It is the only quest I have left. Where are they? Thanks!
Ceolewyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 12:52
You find her family on the way to Helm's Deep after you leave the town where you encounter Grima (I can't remember it's name). The one with all the gates you have to open. I don't think that there are any side paths so once you leave that town you should be able to find them.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 03:59
I thought her whole family died? Oops....sorry; gave it away.
sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 01:20
I bought The Hobbit, and it said something about my vid card making it run slow. I turned it on, and it kinda worked, but There was like a sky look like thing that was blocking most of the screen, then I got to Bag end and it looked like he was walking in soup.....
Belthronding
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 01:58
Is this for PC? if so, try turning down the graphics, if this doesn't work, go to performance and choose a lower performance setting than the one you are at right now.
ElwryanLeatherleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 05:11
I've beaten all the FotR,TTT, RotK , The Hobbit and The Third Age for Gameboy Advanced. I can help with those games.
sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 12:43
I want a Game Boy, but my mom wont let me......GRR!
iTs so weird going to like Game stores, cuz everyone looks at me funny cuz I'm like a gamer Girl lol!
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 01:53
AH! I NEED HELP! I'm playing the Fellowship of the Rings PC game ( by Vivendi Universal Games). So I am at the part "later that evening" . so i walk frodo past gamgee's house, and then it shows the dark rider. then comes the part where i am supposed to get away from the riders and get to bywater without getting seen, you know. But i can never do it! They always see me! I've read tons of walkthroughs, they all say to hide in a crevice or something, but i can never find them! i get really confused about where i am, too, when it's that dark. i need like a map or something....but yeah, where the heck are those crevices and how do i get past that part?
Felnor
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2005 07:56
Hi I not sure if this question may be a bit beyond the people here but here it goes = I brought the Battle for Middle-Earth and althrough im really enjoying it (Ive completed it with the Good side) the game keeps crashing after about 30 mins and I know I have far better specs than the game requires and ive had several copies and they ve all had the same problem and ive download all the patches from EAs website.

Does anyone have any idea what else I could do?

Any help would be appicated thanks
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 10:42
I have the third age, and I'm stuck in Moria. I got to that Balrog Alter thingy then died! What should I do? Anyway, another question: does the bridge of Kazad-dum EVER come? It seems like I've been in Moria FOREVER!
alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2005 05:44
Yes, the Bridge does come. Don't worry.
As for the alter, I can't remember exactly what I did, but just make sure you use Idrial to heal people.
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 09:09
thanx! ok, another question: I just got the two towers video game, and I'm on the third level, that the road to moria thingy. I tried Aragorn, Legolas, AND Gimli, but I still only got to the watcher in the water. How do you defeat that stupid thing??? I HATE those three tentacles that attack!!! Please help me!!!
nippip_dna_yrrem
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 03:31
Melkortheconsumer: I've beaten Two Towers multiple times and the way I've always beaten the Watcher in the Water is:

1) Make sure you have at least 20 arrows. You don't actually use that many but it's always go to have extra just in case.

2) Parry while the tentacles whip around.

3) When they stop whipping, cut the nearest one off with a swift attack.

4) The Watcher should rise out of the water. When it does shoot it.

Rinse. Repeat steps two through four until satisfactory result is achieved.

Hope that helped.
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 06:05
Thank you! I'll let you know when i beat it!
nippip_dna_yrrem
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 01:22
Glad to be of some semblance of help. If you have any other questions about any of the games, except Battle for Middle Earth, don't hesitate to ask.
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 06:00
I passed the level! Thank you! :hug: But now I'm stuck on the balin's tomb level, you know when you're up on the wall, & the troll is trying to bash you with that chain? I keep perishing!!! Please help!!!
nippip_dna_yrrem
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 11:27
Balin's tomb? I can help with that (I hope at least)

Once you're on the wall:

1) Shoot at the troll from mostly behind a pillar. Don't stand directly behind it and shoot straight ahead, you have to get where the arrows don't bounce of the pillar.

2) Shoot at the troll until he wraps his chain around that pillar and tears it down.

3) Find a new pillar.

Follow that until either the troll dies or you run out of pillars. If the latter happens then shoot at him and then run, and hope you don't get hit.

*There are arrows where you start, so if you run out of arrows run back to get them quickly! If you take too long to 'hide' you'll get beat up.

**The orcs occasionally leave behind potions so pick those up too. It helps to keep your health as high as possible. (I'll admit the first time I played through the game, on this level I abused the Health cheat from registering the game majorly. but the second time, I knew how to kill the troll and it was easy without the cheat.)

*** It doesn't hurt to have perfect mode, even if it's just for a few seconds. Perfect Mode Shots do about twice as much damage as regular ones.

If you want to PM me with these questions instead that's cool... Just thought I'd offer that. It's just as quick...
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 07:01
Hello all - my sister and I finally managed to find some time to play The Third Age together (we're on holidays at the moment:disco: ) -however we have reached the Pelennor fields and are up to the 'Fight for the King' part. The problem is we keep getting lost - is there any particular route to take or any direction we should be heading in- or is there a certain number of enemies that must be defeated? -I've lost count of the trolls and oliphants we've fought and we have defeated the witchking but as I said we're completely lost:cry::sob: Any help would be much appreciated
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 10:51
i'm playing the third age, & i'm in osgiliath plaza. you know the battle where you fight gothmog for the second time??? i just KEEP dying there!!! :sob: i used perfect mode, idrial's water stallion, i've tried EVERYTHING!!! i just dosn't make a difference!!!
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 01:53
My sis and I found that using Valinor endurance (Idril) helped -its the one that stops her getting hurt for a long time -though she can't attack etc. Also use dispel from Eoden (spirit powers) to remove their shields so you can attack them better -I hope that helps... good luck -I'm still lost in the Pelennor fields:cry:
alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 02:27
Only use Idrial for healing purposes. Always make sure that all concious members of your party have Aura of the Valar on them, because then as soon as they die they come back to life and get a turn.
If you have to, keep only Idrial and 1 other person alive. Idrial for healing and the other person for attacking.
Also, always attack Gothmog and only Gothmog until he's dead.
If you have an Elfstone of Shadow, give to to someone other than Eaoden. That way you can use Dispel without necessarily having Eaoden out.
Oh yeah, using Hadhod's...I can't remember what it's called, but it's under Spirit Powers and it is a fire attack and attacks all your enemies and keeps doing damage.

I suppose there are also other strategies - in my game, Idrial has hardly any sword attacks and a ton of spirit ones, but in my friend's she has a ton of sword ones and not so many spirit, and yet my friend has gotten just as far in the game as me.
nippip_dna_yrrem
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 01:21
elvishmusician- Did your question get answered? If not, for me the easiest way to tell if your going the right direction is that when you go onto a 'new' screen, you have to fight orcs, a mumakil, or something... if your not having to fight anything, then your going the wrong direction.

melkortheconsumer-I'm about to reiterate what everybody else has said. Use Idrial ONLY to heal. Her spirit attacks are generally protected against after Moria. Personally I just bash the crap out of Gothmog with Eaoden, Berethor and Elegost (and Faramir but I do all the protective things like the Steward's Armor, and Faramir's Quality or whatever they're called.) And Morgul Decay on Gothmog's armor helps too, in my game without it you do very little damage. After he's dead it should be smooth sailing.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 09:11
I got a question! I am playing Return of the King for PS2 and I am dreadfully stuck on the Southern Gate I think it is called. My friend amy and I have beat the Witch King on Co-op but when it comes to escaping and all the rocks start falling down we both die. Usually it is me first as I am behind her! The exact part we get killed at is in the mist. It seems to slow us down and although we are going as fast as we possibly can the rocks just fall down on top of us. Does anyone have any tips on how to complete this level? Thanks guys!!

Namarie,
~Arwen
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 10:20
My friend amy and I have beat the Witch King on Co-op but when it comes to escaping and all the rocks start falling down we both die. Usually it is me first as I am behind her! The exact part we get killed at is in the mist.
Do you mean the King of the Dead? Anyway you can go fast through the mist if you turn around and use the 'Jump Back' button -I don't know what this is on PS2 as my version is PC but doing this will make you go faster through the mist -however don't be worried about turning round and going forward for a few minutes before turning around to make sure you are lined up correctly -I hope this helps.

Oh yeah, using Hadhod's...I can't remember what it's called, but it's under Spirit Powers and it is a fire attack and attacks all your enemies and keeps doing damage.
Fire of Ruins or something like that I think its called -Melkor -you may not have this one yet it will depend on how much you've used Hadhood -we didn't get this until later in the game (just cause we didn't use him enough)

elvishmusician- Did your question get answered? If not, for me the easiest way to tell if your going the right direction is that when you go onto a 'new' screen, you have to fight orcs, a mumakil, or something... if your not having to fight anything, then your going the wrong direction.
Thanks so much nippip -we will definitely do that :disco:
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 10:56
i tried that battle against gothmog again, and i died. i used idrial's valinor endurance, eoden's dispel, perfect mode, steward's armor, EVERYTHING!!! i still died. is it just a mental block or something??? i used up ALL my elf-medicine because idrial had valinor endurance on her!!! those stupid orcs just picked off the characters, one by one.
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 22, 2005 12:01
Once Valinor Endurance wears off -Idril should get another go -I would suggest using this go to use Valinor Medicine to revive all the dead characters. Use Hadhoods shields such as Mountain Shield and Devastating shield if you have them as well. I can't think of much else that hasn't been said yet. My sister and i actually killed of everyone except Gothmog first -because they are easier to kill and then Gothmog's side becomes less people therefore less turns
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 10:34
Thank you!!! i'll try again tonight.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 29, 2005 08:45
Thanks elvishmusician. And yes I did mean the King of the Dead. stupid me!!! duh! Thanks for the tip, I never would've thought of it but I will tell amy and we'll try it next time I am round her house!

Hanon le.

Namarie,
~Arwen
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 07:50
i finished the third age!!! :disco: fighting nazgul on fell beasts is a breeze :yawn: mumakil are vexing, have not QUITE got the hang of em' yet though... witchking on his own two feet ended up being some one on one... idrial vs. the witchking...i got THREE perfect modes in that battle!!! idrial had aura of the valar on her of course. (lol!!!) a life saver, that one!!! frenzy's cool two. i use it every turn!!! sauron wasn't bad either. i just son't understand why they wer not burned to a crisp!!!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email