Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: On the Shores of Mithlond (See OOC)
on: December 05, 2004 07:20
Daefirith had barely noticed the time passing, in fact he had almost forgotten Nayru was walking beside him until she spoke, breaking the silence between him.

"Late afternoon is coming upon us." Nayru said.

The he-elf looked at her and then towards the sun, she spoke the truth. He felt bad for not realizing as well as barely speaking to Nayru the whole time.

"I have heard that in an hour's time Dordhaeron's ship will be back at Mithlond, thank the Valar. Will you come with me to the harbour to meet him and the crew?" She asked him, hoping that he would agree as she was coming to enjoy his company. "They will no doubt be weary and glad to be back home after their setbacks."

"Yes of course,"Daefirith answered with a slight smile. They changed direction and began to walk towards the habour.

"Will I have the pelasure of hearing you sing to the sailors?"He asked.
Ireth_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 01:41
Maethoriel and Erudú played in the shallows with the otters as the high sun began to sink toward the sea horizon. "We should be getting back." Maethoriel mumbled, she excused herself and changed her gown. When she returned, Erudú spoke to her.

The sea is a truly wondrous and so very beautiful, I see why you could never tire of it for it is always changing. The sea also brings us many beautiful things. I want to thank you for this day for I have not had one like it for far too many years. You have opened my eyes and made my heart sing and for that you have my deepest graduated and this day I will forever remember with great fondness.

Maethoriel grinned and turned her eyes to the far streaching water and listened to the sound of the waves washing the shore,

A life on the ocean wave,
A home on the rolling deep,
Where the scattered waters rave,
And the winds their revels keep!
Like an eagle caged, I pine
On this dull, unchanging shore:
Oh! give me the flashing brine,
The spray and the tempest's roar!

the poem rolled from her lips with practiced grace. She sighed and grinned. Erudú then spoke again,

But now I must give you something in kind as the dwarves would have me do, and I think what I give you now is very much in kind for what you gave me. Erudú smiles at her "Dordhaeron's ship will be here in one hour, Cirdan called me and asked if I might tell you

Maethoriel gasped and her smile grew even bigger. She let out a laughing cry and threw her arms around Erudú's neck in a hug. "Thank you!" she declared, "Come we must go. I have to meet him." Without another word, she turned about and slipped through the rock passage. Once through, she took off down the shoreline and toward the city. Erudú ran behind her, but she could hardly pay him any mind, so excited about this news was she.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sea wind whipped over the bow and across the deck. The crew bussied themselves with tasks on deck and in the rigging above. The ship ran with practiced ease. Dordhaeron stood at the wheel watching the activity, not needing to give command. His crew had done this so many times that they could all read eachothers actions and know just what needed to be done.

Soon a call came as the green shoreline appeared in the distance. A cry of joy came from all the crew, at last they had reached home. Dordhaeron smiled, "I'm almost there Maethoriel." he whispered. With each passing moment the ship grew closer and soon they could see where the city and the harbors lay, the inlet along the shore where the city of pearl was. And then the buildings were in plain view, the towers that rose from the waters. "Prepare to dock." Dordhaeron called out needlessly, as the ropes to tie off the boat were already in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole city seemed turned out for the arrival of the ship. Word of it's approach spread as soon as it had been spotted on the horizon, the sinking sun cast behind it. Maethoriel reached the docks as the ship was being tied off. The groups of gathered onlookers were so thick that she had to push her way through to the front. During her fight to the ship, she managed to loose track of Erudú. She reached the front as the gangplank was lowered to the dock. She was glad that she was dressed in her finery, for the first set of eyes she connected with her those of her dear Dordhaeron who looked down from the ship's rails.

Upon spotting her, he lept down the gangplank and toward her. The two threw themselves into each others arms with laughter. "Bless Ulmo, you have made it back to me!" Maethoriel declared, laying kisses upon his face.

"Oh my dear, even the whole of the Valar could not keep me from you." Dordhaeron replied. She moved back and looked into his deep brown eyes, her fingers tangled into the brown curls of hair that danced in the sea wind. He moved his thumb across her cheek. She took his hand in hers and kissed the palm, "I'm glad you all made it safely." she whispered.

By now the crew was also coming down from the ship, and they could both hear mocking calls directed at them. Those who had no lovers or family, they loved to make fun of their "brave captain" whose only weakness was in the arms of his lady. Maethoriel laughed into Dordhaeron's neck and looked over his shoulder, "Nice to see you all again lads." she was great friends with all the crew and, those who did not run directly to the arms of their own beloveds who came to see them home, came right to her. She embraced them all and kissed them on the cheek, "I hope you had a good journey." she wished them all, "You will all have to come over for a good meal soon."

It was then that she managed to spy Erudú amongst the crowd and she called to him. As he approached she looked at Dordhaeron. He wrapped an arm about her waist and pulled her into him with a smile. "Dordhaeron, this is a new friend of mine, Erudú of Lorien. He is staying now with Lord Cirdan.... Erudú, this is my betrothed, Dordhaeron, finest salior in all the Havens." He gave her a squeeze at her comment and extended forth his hand, "pleased to meet you Erudú." the two shook hands. The name sounded familiar to Dordhaeron, but he could not seem to place it. For now he had other matters to see to on the ship. He turned attention again to Maethoriel, "Darling, I would love to chat, but i have busisness that must be delt with first. I will meet you two at The Siren then alright? I could use a good hot meal right now. I will be there shortly."

Maethoriel nodded and the two kissed as Dordhaeron took off back toward the ship. She looked at Erudú, "Come, we will meet him shortly at the pub."
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 02:11
“You might hear me sing…we shall see. I wouldn’t want to deprive Maethoriel from the honour, though, since she has been awaiting for Dordhaeron’s return for many long days.” Nayru smiled with a mischievous glint in her eye. “And you’ve heard the both of us sing before,” she added.

The two neared the harbour and in the far distance the arriving ship could be spotted making it’s way toward Mithlond. The sun had begun its descent, sinking into the skyline as it spewed out broken rays of light to mingle with the soft clouds that were scattered across the golden sky. Every time Nayru witnessed the sunset she was in awe at just how mystifying and alluring it’s beauty was. Her face was now illuminated with deep red, orange and pink hues which was in perfect contrast the blue-gray sea. She looked over to the gathering crowds. By the looks if it nearly the whole population of Mithlond had turned up to welcome back to weary sailors. Word of their return must have been transferred from mouth to ear quickly, as if they had the ability to fly and be carried away by the winds like the numerous gulls in the sky.

Nayru stopped a short distance away from the harbour, not more than at least twenty feet. She leaned against the wooden railing of the deck and let the wind pour against her face. The ship was almost ready to pull into the harbour and the men on the vessel were busy about concluding their tasks before preparing to dock. She looked back at Daefirith and smiled gently.

“I think it would be better to wait until the crowd disperses before meeting Dordhaeron and everyone else, would you not?” She asked and he gave her a slight nod of his head. “I suppose, to occupy the time being, you would like to hear me sing?"
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2004 10:42
Daefirith glanced at the sunset, it was always a wonderous sight, especially at sea. He looked at Nayru who's eyes were full of awe, face illuminated the colored light of the sunset. He turned to look at the crowds, it appeared as if the whole city had come together to witness and welcome the returning of the sailors who had been gone for so long.

They continued until they were a short distance form the habour, only twenty feet at least. Nayru leaned against the wodden railing of the deck. Daefirith stood next to her looking towards the ship which was nearly ready to pull into the habour. Nayru looked back at him and smiled gently.

“I think it would be better to wait until the crowd disperses before meeting Dordhaeron and everyone else, would you not?” She asked and he gave her a slight nod of his head. “I suppose, to occupy the time being, you would like to hear me sing?"

"Yes, though of course only if you wish to,"Daefirith replied. He knew she most likely would, singing being her talent and most likely brought her joy to sing for others.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 01:37
Nayru smiled and looked over at the crowd of gathered people. In the many number of people she could see Maethoriel and Dordhaeron looking very much content in each other's arms. She looked back at Daefirith.

"Of course I would sing for you and anyone else who would like to hear. I don't think there is ever a moment in my existence when I have never wanted to." She furrowed her brow slightly and ran through a list of songs, searching for an appropriate one.

"Dartha o nas a thar emyn
Men 'wain egor annon thurin
Ah ae anann erphennin hain
Na vedui cenithon aur wain
I badathon raid yriel
Amrûn n'Anor, Annûn n'Ithil."

~~~~
Song translation:

Still round a corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.

((Not my best. Sorry.))
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 03:01
The throng of people and elves at the dock surprised Erudú, and it was not only elves at the docks. He moved forward with Maethoriel and stood with her as the ship slowly nudged into its moorings. Maethoriel was filled with nervous energy waiting for the ropes to be tied off. As the men disembarked she ran forward and through her arms around Dordhaeron who picked her up off the dock and help her tightly in his arms. Introductions were made and then Dordhaeron was off to see Cirdan and then they would meet again in the pub.

Maethoriel and Erudú turn to leave when a beautiful elleth standing above those gathered began to sing most beautifully. The dock stopped what ever they were doing to listen to her song. Her voice floated out over everyone and when she was done there were those who called out for her to sing another song. "She is wonderful do you know her?" He asked Maethoriel. "Yes her name is Nayru and she works with Cirdan and myself. She sings often and it helps those who become anxious about leaving these lands and friend behind forever. She is very gifted. Come lets go and ask her to come to the pub." Erudú and Maethoriel move through the crowd until the reach Nayru and then invite her to join them and the other in the pub.

The dockside was still filled with people that milled about so it made it difficult to make introductions and Erudú needed to stop by his room in the home of Cirdan and pickup a few more coins. He told Maethoriel to go on ahead and that he would be there shortly. Dordhaeron was with Cirdan when he arrived so he acknowledged them and made his way quickly to his room. His window looked out to the Gulf of Lune and beyond his sight lay the great sea and yet beyond that lay Aman and Valinor. Something again stirred inside him as he stood and looked out toward the sea and a longing came over him but he was not sure what this longing was. He had never desired to leave these lands and he still felt that way but something was touched inside him, that much he knew.

Erudu left his room and quietly made his way out of the house. The street was not as busy and he slowly made his way up the street to the pub. He entered in and saw two groups of elves sitting across the room and he was not sure which group to join but then he saw Maethoriel waving him over. He had never experienced such a day as this and all that he had done and now he was joining a group of kinsmen in a pub, and not quite sure what to do or to say. He made his way to the tables which had been slid together and took a chair and sat across from Maethoriel.

[Edited on 18/12/2004 by Barahir1]
Ireth_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 09:02
As Maethoriel and Erudú made their way through the crowd, a voice rose up from the din of voices. Maethoriel smiled to herself as she recognized Nayru's voice. They made toward her as her song finished, "Lovely Nayru, as usual." she smiled at the maid, "A group of us are meeting at 'The Siren' shortly for the sharing of tales, we would love it if you would join us as well...and bring your friend also." she gestured to the he-elf beside her. "I must go now, but I hope to see you there." She held Nayru's hands in hers and gave them a squeeze before heading off.

Erudú then said he must take leave and would meet her at the pub, and she watched him go. Making her way slowly along the dock, she called to some crew that she knew and invited them to the pub also. Her feelings were so bright, that she had forgotten about the uneasy feeling that had grown over the past days. Nothing could dampen her spirits this day. She floated along the streets, humming and swaying slightly to the tune. As she entered the charming pub that looked out onto the water, she gave a call to the barmaster, "Dordhaeron's ship just came in, expect quite a crowd here shortly." she warned.

"Certainly Lady Maethoriel. I had a feeling you would be showing up here today." was the reply. Maethoriel sat at one of the large tables and waited for the friends to arrive. She needed not wait long, for soon the crew members burst through the door, singing loudly and stumbling over their own feet with laughter. They joined her, pulling over some other tables and calling for a round of warm ale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Dordhaeron and his crew secured the ship, he headed toward Cidan's home to give him a report. Upon reaching the house, he was not surprised to find himself expected and led into the harbormaster's study. The elder elf rose from his desk and embraced Dordhaeron, "Glad to see you made it home safe and well."

"Many thanks my lord, it is great to be finally home. I wasn't sure how easy a crossing it was going to be, and after our delays, of which I am sure Maethoriel already spoke of, we managed to make it through. The ship will need repairs before it can make the trip again. Our attempts before are only temporary. It should not take long to make the arrangements and get the work done. We should be ready by the time you call upon us to sail again, of this I have no doubt." Dordhaeron reported confidently.

Cirdan smiled, "I have the utmost confidence in you Dordhaeron. You have always proven yourself to be most trustworthy in any case. For now, enjoy this day with your family and your lady, she has been most restless for your return." he grinned, "I will send for you in a few days. Until then." He rose, as did Dordhaeron, and gave a final nod.

Dordhaeron left and made his way through the streets and to the pub. He was not surprised to find much of his crew already there and with drinks in hand. He shook his head in jest at their tomfoolery already begun and chuckled. He turned to the barkeep and ordered a large bit of meat and bread, enough to go around to all, and then took a seat beside Maethoriel who smiled and leaned against his side as he put an arm around her shoulders.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 12:08
The pub was much busier and louder than usual, given the circumstances. There was much laughing and singing coming from all the areas of the pub and the waitresses made their hustle and bustle around the tables carrying food and drinks for hungry sailors. Nayru smiled and couldn't recall a time when 'The Siren' had been so alive with noise with people. The air in the pub was warm and welcoming; it smelled of warm apple cider and cinnamon buns.

Nayru found Maethoriel and Dordhaeron at a large table looking quite comfortable. She ordered a small mug of tea and sat with the crowed. Resting her chin on her fist she listened intently to some of the stories the sailors had to tell. She suspected that some details about the weather were exaggerated slightly. Nayru gave Dordhaeron a questioning look, he shrugged with a big grin on his face. She let out a small laugh and returned her attention back to the sailors sitting beside her. She'd felt better than she had in a few days; being able to forget her worries for awhile allowed her to smile freely and carelessly.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 08:04
( OOC I'm so sorry, all this time I had a post ready to go and I thought I posted it. I hope everyone is still on board.)

Erudú sat and listened with interest to the tales of the sailors. Though the tales were somewhat embellished he did know there was truth behind them. He also knew these ellons were of the best character for they did the Valars' will. Maethoriel seemed to almost glow from within with the joy she felt being with Dordhaeron once again. Seeing this Erudú felt a twinge of pain when a distant memory came back to him, he cast his eyes down for a moment but drove the thought away. The conversation and celebration continued and Erudú enjoys the laughter and the company.

The conversation lulls and Erudú asks a question of Dordhaeron he is sure that he has been asked many times. "Dordhaeron if I may, I'm quite sure you are no stranger to this question but I must ask, what is the journey to the west like?" "I am asked this by those who sail west with us on every voyage and I never tire of sharing it. We sail down the gulf and mostly we have fairs seas. We sail into the Great Sea or the Bent Sea as some call it and we must endure whatever the winds bring us fair or foul. Though we have always endured and never floundered by the grace of the Valar. We sail for one day and as the sun begins to set without warning the seas become calm as though we sail on glass, the wind is calm but our sails are full. We look ahead and see the white sands and soft green hills in the distance. What from afar looks as a still a considerable distance closes swiftly and before we know it we are docking and there are those who greet each ship as we arrive and those who wait for loved ones to arrive. We have rooms in which we stay along the seashore in which we find wondrous foods and nectars to drink that strengthen and heal us." He stops and takes a big drink. "

We never wonder from our lodgings except to return to the docks. Some trips there are those who seek news of loved ones but we seldom have any word of them unless they wait her in Mithlond for our return. The next day we make ready and sail east. The sea is calm and our sails are again full. We sail in this way for a day and then in a short time we find ourselves once again in the Great Sea and we must battle whatever the sea imparts us. This trip we had heavy seas and foul winds so it took us nearly three extra days to return but never has a man been lost and never have we needed to fear for our lives. It is an enchanted journey all round and one day I shall sail my last and then the swan ships will no more grace these lands. On that day Maethoriel shall stand with me and we will venture to those green hills and the lands beyond. You may well be there to greet us, who knows what our fate holds for us." Erudú smiles and his eyes seem soft as he envisions what Dordhaeron has said. "It may well be so Dordhaeron or it may be that I sail with you on that day." Erudú replies.

" Maethoriel says you are from Lorien, tell me of Lorien for I have not ventured there for some time and what of yourself?" Dordhaeron asks. "Lorien changes little with time and is still a wondrous place to be. I am certain no other place save Valinor is of greater beauty and peace. As for me I am Erudú Lomin and I serve my Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel who keep Lorien as a land of healing and peace. I am a commander of the Lorien Guard and I wander the distant lands, but those lands around us now grow dark. Mordor has awoken and Sauron has returned as its master with great strength and the nine have been seen and serve him. The winds are ill and fear begins to grow and it is not without cause. War is spoken of and our Lady has seen it and knows what is to come unless Sauron is destroyed. Our kinsmen are told that our days here are soon to be over. But we will still fight the darkness and I shall remain to see its defeat." Erudú pauses and regrets his frank words.

We are far from Mordor's reach so come let such talk of darkness and war not grace this table for this is a time to celebrate. I raise my glass to you and Maethoriel and I drink to your happiness." There is a rousing cheer at the table as the others join the toast. Erudú is troubled with what he said for he knows he has said to much and may have brought a sombre mood to some when they should be joyous. "I will take my leave and no doubt I will see you on the docks, and if you permit I would like to assist you with your repairs to your boat." Erudú gives a nod and leaves the pub hoping he has not spoilt the celebration.

After Erudú leaves the pub Dordhaeron leans over to Maethoriel and whispers. "I have of late had a maiden of Valinor asking me for news of Erudú Lomin." Maethoriel looks at him quite surprised.

Erudú makes his way back to Cirdan's home and finds the home empty on his return. This day has been like non-other in all the years he can recount. Maethoriel had shown him and help him do things that he had never seen or experienced. He smiled thinking of the otters and their trust and playful nature and of the cove and its wonders. She had shown him a life without care and concern, those things pressed on his mind were gone for a day. He was very grateful and drifted off to sleep without visions of darkness and war.
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 06:06
Alassë let out a small sigh of relief before wincing and holdin a hand to her wounded side as the Grey Havens came into her sight. It has been a long hard journey from Lothlorien to the Mithlond. Not to mention that she had been ambushed near the Isengand by wargs which had struck out in her mind as being too strange an occurance.

Not a pleasant experience at that She thought wearily as she guided Foley towards the well-worn path leading into the heart of the Havens. She pondered over the strange rumors that she had heard over her journey. Strange tidings indeed. The darkness seemed to be rising again near Mordor and what seemed more peculiar to her was that Master Frodo and Sam has left The Shire for, as she was told, 'For quieter times as Mister Frodo said. Something 'bout settlin' down once n' for all. Though its a wonder why he went and settled in Brandybuck area.' (Correct me if I'm wrong cause its been a while since I've Lotr...like a few weeks)

Alassë's heart had dropped a good bit when she realised that now the only place that she could get help from was the Grey Havens. Also she cursed her stupidity for taking the longer path near Erid Luin instead. But what was done, was done. So now here she was, wounded and weary in a place where she didn't come too often and alone.

Her eyes drifted close to the comforting 'clip clop' noises. She started a good bit when Foley stopped of his own accord, she glanced around and noticed that he had stopped in front of an Inn. She dismounted shakily, holding unto the reins until the dizziness subsidded. Pulling her cloak around her tighter, in the subconcious effort to hide the wounds and blood, hoping that the cloak wouldnt stain, she pushed the heavy door and was greeted with the usual clatter and noise of any Inn.

She walked over to the bar, praying that no one would notice her or the slight limp she was walking with. "Greetings. How can I help you?" She didn't look up as she said, "Do you have a room for the night?" "Yes we do. If you wish to stay we have one of the best boardings in Mithlond." She nodded quickly, wincing at the pain that shot through her system. "Thank you. Also, can I get something to eat?"

She crossed her arms over the bar counter as she sat down, her eyes focused on the various lines and scratches on the wood. Her mind was feeling quite woolly and light headed, and the pain seemed to be lessening. Her last thoughts were, I think...i'll close my eyes for a bit... before her head fell on the table with a loud thunk.

((Hope thats fine. Bout the Frodo an' Sam bit, Al knows them. Its in her profile. Cheers!))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email