Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post OOC - The Captives
on: November 11, 2004 02:27
Just thought that we should have an OOC thread so that if we wouldn't have to have our solely OOC posts in the main thread. Anywho, so if your going away or have any ideas for our thread, post them here.

Oh and for those who have been reading our thread and like it. I know I have no problem with you joining in. I don't think my fellow thread members would mind. Check it out and think it over!
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: OOC - The Captives
on: November 12, 2004 05:30
Hey guys. I was thinking. Lately, our thread has shrunk down to about... 4 players. Leighlia, Anduril__ ( i don't remember the number), Elven_Sweetheart, and me. What do you think about maybe mentioning our thread in the advertisor. We could ask for people who would be willing to possibly play people like Thraden, the gaurds, Telema, and other dancers. Anduril, you could even ask some people to help with your characters (if you want) and we could get some more connections between Anduril, Elven & Leighlia, me. SO, post and let me know what you think.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 07:19
(forget the number you can call me Andy for short)
I think that's a really good idea, musicalgal - we do need more people in this thread! I mean - we started off with about 15 of us.. and people have just dropped out.
Anyone can have my characters Adwen and Pholn - but if anyone is interested in any of the others, it would depend upon who it was.. I'd like to keep Reneth and Ianthé at least. If anyone wants any of the others, I suppose I'd have to write more detailed profiles for them, so they know what they're like.. anyway enough of me babbling on..

I think we definitely should post an advert in the Middle-Earth advertiser.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 07:45
Alright then. I'll see to it that an advertisment is posted in the advertisor.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 07:52
I posted the advertisement.
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 10:19
Hello all! I was wondering can I bring in book characters?
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 01:10
Uh.. I don't know what the others would say, but I think it might be a bit too complicated...
The town in which this is set doesn't really seem to have a fixed position on the map (well if it does, I don't know it )
It suppose it might depend upon which book character - but we'd all have to agree.

Thanks to musicalgal for the advertisement!
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 04:59
is it set during or after the war of the ring? Cos if so I could have Merry riding to Rohan or Edoras and he could be captured that way.

[Edited on 13/11/2004 by happy_dawg86]
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 10:04
It's probobly before the war of the ring because the masters of most of the characters are definatly cruel people. People who work with the forces of evil, I'd asume. I don't mind if a book character is brought in, but I think it would be easier if you created your own character.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 10:19
I have a few characters I have made. One that would be interesting to bring in, Rhea. I also have another char. Which one should I use? Here are the 2 bios.

Joaquin
Race: Man
Height: 6'
Place of Residence: Rohan
Family: A mother Lurane and a father, William
Powers: none
Weapons: a sword of steel and oak and daggers to match it and a bow and arrow set made also of oak
Animals: a chestnut mare named Ireth

Appearance: He has dark brown hair that goes to his shoulders. It is slightly curly.
He has grayish blue eyes that are kind.
Jaoquin has a square jaw and usually has a day old stubble. He has a scar on his forehead and is tan. He is muscular and usually has a thin line for his mouth.

Personality: He is very loyal to his men of Rohan. He is a good fighter and very protective.

History: He was born into a member of the Rohan army and when he was 12, he began his training.

Rhea 'Robin' Deschain (happy_dawg86) PM
Race: Woman of Gondor
Height: 5' 9
Place of Residence: The wild
Family: father Roland, mother Susannah, a younger sister Gwyn and a younger brother, James. She had an elder brother, Cuthbert
Powers: none
Weapons: a stout sword of steel with sandalwood handles and a set of steel daggers with worn sandalwood and leather handles
Animals: none

Appearance: Her olive green flecked chestnut eyes are almond shaped and are normally narrowed to a squint.
Her long red hair is so dark that it looks black.
She wears it either loose or braided.

He skin is dark from being out in the sun.

She is tall and wirey and muscular, though she does not look it.

She dresses in green breaches of muslin, acotton tan shirt, brown leather ankle boots, vest, and belt, and a hunter green travelworn hooded cloak.

If she dresses up she wears a white dress of chiffon and lace wih gressn silk arms and she wears a silver garland of leaves on her head.

Personality: She is tough and she does not trust very well. She is very loyal and protective of the people she lets get close to her.

She enjoys riddles and being outside and loves nature and animals. She is a loner at heart andvery shy, though she is very head strong. She comes off bossy and sharp a lot of the times.

History: She was born to Roland and Susannah Deschain in 12:01 in the morning. He father was not there and Susannah was in the barn when she had Rhea.

She was always a wild, tomboy and when she was 17, she left home.

Her father is a Gondorian soilder and her mother Susannah is a seamstress. Her younger bother James is learning to be a soilder and her younger sister, Gwyn is apprintacing in a black smiths shop. Her elder brother Cuthbert died in battle a few years ago.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 10:37
I LOVE your two characters! They sound so awsome! You could use both if you wanted. You could have them be captured or be one of the gaurds. Doesn't matter to me. But man, I love your characters!!! Especially Rhea.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 01:13
Thank-you. I like both characters as well. They are not bad guys, either of them.

Oh, I love Rhea and I can just see her biting and fighting the guards.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 14, 2004 10:57
Yup - cool chars! Are you gonna use both? I think you should.. we need more males in this thread
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 14, 2004 12:29
Probably.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 15, 2004 11:45
Go ahead and post when your ready happy_dawg.

Hey all. I'm going away. I leave on Thursday (3 days from now) I'm hoping anduril will be able to take Gwan during my absense (probobly a week and a half) When Leighlia gets back, she can take Maria because they are together and not much is going on with them at the moment. I'll let you know when my last post is and what my final desicion is as to who will take my characters when the time comes. See y'all in the thread.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 15, 2004 11:48
I need the link for it. I lost it.

Here is more infor on Rhea:

In the dark of night, with only lighting flashes to illuminate the way, an adolescent mortal hurried through the torrential rain. The being was clad in a long, dark woolen cloak, covering its head and body. As the person sprinted through the forest, the hood of the cloak caught on a bough, lifting it from the head of the individual and revealing her long, dark tresses.
The cloak was sodden and was restricting her movements. She grasped the twine that tied it at the nape of her throat and pulled. The cloak fell to the ground and she ran with new vigor.

There was a loud crashing behind her and she stopped. Rhea, breathing hard, peered into the shadows. She drew her blade and decided that she would not run to any further extent.
“Come out,” she demanded in a hard voice.
Rhea heeded hisses of anger coming from within the forest and then the scuttling of many feet. The sound stopped and a screech of pain echoed through the woods.

Rhea braced herself for what was to come. She raised her sword, whispered, “I remember the face of my father,” and watched as ten, large hairy spiders hurried toward her. From each spider, poisonous venom dripped from their quickly clicking fangs. One of the monstrous spiders had fresh blood dripping from his angrily clicking fangs

Rhea obtained a fighting stance. She slashed at the first charging spider. She cut its head off summarily and the spider fell to the ground. The next spider charged at her hastily, but she was prepared. Rhea held her sword straight out in front of her. The spider skewered itself on her sword when it reached the young fighter. Rhea tried pulling her sword out, but it would not budge. She stopped when she heard eager clicking as four spiders surrounded her. She prepared to be bitten as they completely closed in. They did manage to bite her, but it was on her thick boots. They did not draw any blood, which saved her from an almost instant death.

Rhea perceived more clicking as the spiders retreated into the woods. Rhea looked around quickly, yet carefully. She saw no reason for them to leave, but she soon heeded more howls of pain. Rhea then heard tearing, crashing, and then silence.

Rhea looked at the beheaded and skewered spiders. She breathed a sigh of relief. Neither of them twitched, both were deceased. She went to the skewered spider. She positioned both hands on the hilt of her sword. The Gondorian braced herself and she pulled with all of her might, trying to free the sword – much like Arthur with the mighty rapier Excalibur.

The sword came free easily and she fell to the ground with it clasped in her muscular hands. She sat in the pouring rain, breathing deeply as she cleaned the sword of her father. Just as she had said before the fight, she had not forgotten the face of her father.

A woman clad in dark green wool, was kneeling and wailing by not one, but 2 graves - one unfilled and one not. A daughter in a black cotton dress and woolen cloak stood behind her. The young girls hair swept back from her pail, grief-stricken face. A boy of thirteen stood a little a ways away, dressed in dark brown. Beside the boy, his father Roland stood. A kind and troubled look were in his deep brown eyes. The man scratched lightly at his trimmed beard. Roland exhaled deeply. He went to the wailing woman and placed a strong, yet gentle hand upon her heaving shoulders. “Susannah.” He whispered softly, “Come, we must go home.”

The woman looked miserably up at the man. ”Oh Roland.” She whispered, standing shakily. Roland wrapped a steady arm around her shoulders and slowly led her away from the graves. “Why did this happen?” the woman whispered through her tears.
“Cuthbert was protecting Rhea. He always said he would die for her.” Roland said
“And Rhea?” the grief-stricken mother asked.
“We do not know that she is dead…” Roland began.
“But, she did not return and there was no sign of her.” Susannah interrupted sharply
Roland’s’ mouth went thin with her reply and he said no more for the time.

The young girl, Gwyn, trudged behind her mother and father, listening to them in silence. Her hands were folded together and she walked like a lady. Gwyn glanced around. She saw something; however, whatever it was it was gone before she could get a good look at it. Gwyn shook her head quickly and realized that her parents and brother were far ahead of her. Gwyn lifted her skirts and ran through the snow so that she could catch up.

Rhea leaned against the red brick wall. Her eyes were closed, her clothes were torn, and her face was tear-stained. Fresh tears spilled down her cheeks. Rhea wrapped her arms around her waist. Some of her dark locks stuck to the dried blood and tears. There were also sticks and leaves in the rest of her mess of hair.

“Oh, Cuthbert…” she whispered. Rhea yearned to go to her family and let them see she was not dead, but she knew she could not. Rhea also knew she had to go out in the world, so that she can help those in need. She regretted not going to her brothers’ funeral, but she knew if she had, her parents would have stopped her from what she was about to embark upon, and that she knew she would regret even more.

A twelve-year-old girl ran through the halls, dressed in a white cotton dress. Silk strands were intertwined in the long, French-braid tresses, which were flying behind her. She ran out into the courtyard and traipsed through the gardens, though never through the flowerbeds. She ran around a flag -pole, grabbing hold of it.
“Ring around the Rosie… A pocket full of posies… Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!” she sang, falling dramatically to the ground.
Rhea laughed merrily as she quickly stood up. She began to run again as fast as her two feet would carry her. She whisked herself as far as she could, but something solid stopped her. Slowly Rhea looked up into the face of Will. Rhea gulped and slowly backed away. “What are you doin’ out so late, lassie?” he asked with whisky on his breath. Rhea stopped backing when she hit the tree that was behind her. She held onto it. “Walking.” She said simply “It didn’ look like you were doin’ ‘nothing’.” The drunken man said with a cruel laugh. He stepped towards her and placed a hand on her chin. Carefully he lifted her chin so that she was looking up into his brutal eyes. She gulped and tried to pull away. When she tried that little stunt, it made him laugh stridently. The man yanked her head back to where he had it. Rhea’s fists clenched and her eyes narrowed dangerously. “What is that look about?” Will demanded roughly.
“I hate you.” She growled.
He laughed heartily at that statement. He touched her face affectionately and then bent down. His mouth parted and kissed her neck. Rhea punched him in the gut. Will grunted and doubled over. Rhea slipped from by the tree and rushed inside. She quickly went to her room and closed the door behind her. Rhea leaned against the door, her eyes shut tight. She held onto the doorknob and shook slightly. Rhea slid to the ground and brought her knees up. She looked out of her window as the sun slowly began to rise, turning the velvety black sky bright orange.

Rhea was 10 years of age, her hair was braided and she was in a clean dress. It was a joyous time because her mother had just had a child and there were many parties in the baby and mothers honor. She was running about with her brother Cuthbert and a few friends, they were playing a game of tag. She stopped when she heard her father speaking gravely to another man. Rhea hid behind a large pot and listened.
"Roland your son Will have to go into the army and soon. The forces are becoming strong and we need more solders."
I will join when I am old enough, rhea thought
"I now that Will though I hate to think about it. He will have to go into Mordor." Roland said
He will being doing good by helping to save the woman of Gondor from Sauron." Will replied curtly
"We do not even know if there is a woman! They are just rumors. What if there isn't a woman?" Roland exclaimed softly.

Will raised his hands as if clearing away the words, he strode away and Rhea ran off to the armory and also not to be caught evesdroping. She took up a sword and began to practise. Will, who had followed her and had known she had listened in, walked over to her. "What are you doing lass?" he asked
"Practising so I can be a solider." Rhea said
"Lasses can;'t fight." Will said
"Yes they can. Woman can do anything a man can!" she said, "I'll show you. Lets duel."
Will laughed and Rhea pointed the sword at him.
"All right lassy." Will said "Put it away."
Rhea looked at the man and then reluctantly complied.

It was a dark night, the moon was not out and there were no stars, but it was not cloudy. Rhea and Robin sat by a small fire, eating some deer meat and talking quietly together. Suddenly Robin stopped eating and speaking.
"What?" Rhea asked Robin
"I heard something." she replied, standing. Rhea stood as well, and they drew their weapons. Just then, a small horde of Orcs came barreling through the woods. Rhea and Robin fought vigorously and an hour or there abouts the orcs were dead or dieing. Rhea was wounded on the leg and her eyes were swollen shut from many blows to the face.
"Robin!" Rhea called and when she heard the answer Rhea went to her side.
"Are you all right?" she asked and she got no reply, Robin hadpasseed from the living.

Rhea was eleven, she was in her bedroom, drawing. Will came in."What are you doing here?"
"Your father wished for me to check on you every night while he was gone." he said inching his way over to her.
"I am fine. Good night." rhea said firmly
"You are a trouble for your father." he said, "You cause him so much woe."
Rhea stood as he advanced on her. "Leave me alone." she screamed as he raised a hand on her. The whole night, he beat her telling her horrible things as she screamed and no one seemed to hear her, it was that night she became paranoid around people, especially men.

Rhea was sixteen, she and her brother Cuthbert were out hunting. Cuthbert went in the water and Rhea followed. They swam together, splashing and laughing, but the fun stopped soon. Cuthbert swam to shore and got his sword as a deadly spider came towards his sister. He fought it and killed the beast, however it bit him and he died there. Rhea was scared - she ran and wept and never looked back.

Rhea was 21, she was facing the spider. She glanced to her side and saw a teen laying on the ground in orc armor. "The boy of the child of Sauron? So there was a woman." she whispered to herself. She unsheathed her sword and struck the spider in the back. She hit the spider twice more, finally killing it. rhea dropped her sword and went to the boy. She took the helmet off and gasped, running away.

[Edited on 15/11/2004 by happy_dawg86]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 16, 2004 09:16
Wow... your writing is so.. dynamic!
Wonderful history there - You're gonne be great in this thread!

I don't mind taking on Gwan, but it's up to you, musicalgal
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 16, 2004 12:09
Thank-you.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 16, 2004 01:39
Yeah Anduril, since Reneth and Gwan are together, it would be easiest to have you take him. He's gonna be in prison for a while before Thraden does anything though. I mean, even though Gwan is admitting to the murder, with Davina admitting the same thing, that would make Thraden's job of figuring out what happened so that he can punish them much harder. He he he.

Happy_dawg. I can get you another link to the thread, but the easier thing would be to go to the roleplaying forum and then look in the Tolkien-Related forum. If you still need I'll make sure to send you the link.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 16, 2004 01:44
I was sent the link all ready - thanks though.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 06:50
*random announcement* I have my first ever real exam tomorrow!

Anyway.. I'll try and post soon - I'm sorry I'm so inconsistent, but the whole revision thing is kinda important at the moment.

Well, I have to rush out to a lesson, then a concert.. *groan*

p.s. I was thinking about this thread when i was bored in a lesson, and I was wondering: are they all gonna be slaves forever? Or.. are we going to have some kind of 'part 2' thing where something different happens..? I know this is quite random.. but it seems quite an intriguing thought..

Anyway, must go! :hug: to all
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 06:53
P.P.S. - I randomly thought just now - Rand, as you don't seem to have anyone to talk to, you can have Adwen to write for.. though it's a pity that there isn't anyone else to interact with..

*thinks hard - which is rare*

um.. I could rearrange something.. *thinks again* ack, this isn't working.

I'll think of something to do that'll give Rand an opportunity to do more 'stuff'.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 01:22
I will post as soon as I can. I have been busy.
Elven_Sweetheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2004 11:42
Well i was actually thinking maybe that Rand could escape and return to Tradens palace....does anyone have any other opinion
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 01:24
I am sorry I cannot post in The Captives - way too busy.
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 12:11
I've posted my second post and I've read nearly the entire thread... alot of pages and I have an idea... IF you're interested let me know
Elven_Sweetheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 05:35
Course we're interested always ready for a new idea
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 06:49
wait wait wait! I had an idea - not much.. but still an idea. This is for Elven.
Why not wait until Ianthé and the others return - and then perhaps Rand can recognize Reneth and Ianthé's likeness, and say something to her about it. Then maybe the two can arrange some sort of escape together - and they could head back to Thraden's.

I've no idea what would happen once they got there... because if Reneth gets free... then that's kinda me out of the rp! so.. I'll think some more.

But I think it'd be more interesting if they escaped together, and it'll give Rand more to say and do - like approaching Ianthé and asking about Reneth etc.

Please tell me what you think..

I'm interested in your idea, Sirth! (and tell me how the twins are )
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 07:37
I think that we eventually need some kind of upriseing, freeing all the slaves or something, send them into the wilds to fend for themselves while they are hunted. We may even, at that point, advertise for hunter characters or something.

Just an idea.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 08:39
I think that's a good idea, Leighlia. We can't have them as slaves forever!
I think I'm supposed to be writing for Gwan, but I cannot say how busy I am.. I seem to be permanently tired out.. if musicalgal returns before I have the chance to post - I'm sorry..
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 09:53
It's ok anduril! I totally understand. No hard feelings. Awsome idea Leighlia. And, welcome back. Oh yeah,

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

he he he he
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 10:00
I'm good at uprisings... :evil: (I can volunteer to kill Thraden if you want) but on the other hand have him in our heels would without doubt make us run faster...

But for the idea... It more or less slammed me head... lit...

According to someone... no idea who... Thraden is a little interested in magic... and I have listened to the Unfinished Tales now and heard about Pallando and Alatar... the two extra Istari who wandered to the east (southeast ) with Saruman and I just felt like... that they stumbled upon a people that opposed the Dark Lord and that would be Ge'eth ancestors Thraden wants all eventual magic from Ge'eth--- and then we escape somehow...

is it a good or foolish idea?
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 12:35
I'm not sure I'm following you Sirth, but your idea sounds really interesting. Go ahead and give it a try!
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 11:19
Hello… *ahem* I was just wondering if the thread was dead or not… I um… left a couple of months ago because I thought it was dead and then checked today and found out that it wasn’t….

If it is now then I’ll make my way someplace else and if it’s not then I would like to rejoin if that’s possible.

Sorry for ditching out in the first place….

-Spell
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 08:44
Spell... the thread isn't dead... I for one is banging my head about my post... I can't make it turn the way I want...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email