Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Final Battle (see O.O.C thread, free for anyone to join)
on: December 01, 2004 08:43

Starting: Andura, 20 miles outside of Rivendell

Characters: OC's and some from the Lord of the Rings

Info.:This is for people to join who would like to be part of a fanfiction series. The characters will interact and what ever happens in this forum will be posted on fanfiction.net. It is set the fifth age but there are still some elven cities in Middle Earth. Those Elven cities include Forlindon, Harlindon, Mirkwood, Rivendell, and Old Lorien (the forest is mostly gone and the wood is a small, small elfin village used as a refuge for the elves). Mithlond is now a seaport run by men. Also, in this Middle Earth is sort of another world adjacent to our own and yet affecting us tremendously.

This is your turn to decide the fate of Middle Earth. This is the Final Battle between good and evil. If Evil wins, the world will face a fate far worse than death. It with become the embodiment of Hell for the rest of Eternity and Eternity never ends. Which side will you fight for? Will you fight for Good and end the world with piece, or Evil and have the world as we know it end and Hell replace it?

Posted 07/05/04: I want to add beings called the Guardians (see the O.OC thread and the 2nd page of this thread (posts 22 and 24 by LarienLindorenan (me)) for more info on the Guardians). They were people who were long ago chosen to guard the secrets of Middle Earth. The guardians are important because they will have stories of their own describing their history. Here are the names of the guardians and what they are guarding:

Guardians of Lorien: Celeborn and Haldir
Guardians of Imladris: Elladan and Elrohir
Guardians of Mirkwood: Thranduil and Arion
Guardians of Mithlond: Manbechir and Aralinde
Guardian of the Necklace: Ihilad

Also, it is important that other characters be present. They are: Legolas, Galadriel, Elrond, Celebrian, Gandalf, Glorfindel and other elves from the Lord of the Rings. These people are important because in the end of the story Middle Earth is destroyed and the elves and men are reunited.

Final note, it is about 6,000 years after the War of the Ring. Elrond is in the Undying Lands and comes back to Middle Earth with an army of elves to help win the war with Morgoth.

Story: It is the fifth age and not all the glory of Middle Earth has disappeared. Men can still feel the magic of the old days in the air.

There is a new darkness growing men can sense it but they do not know what it is. All save the Eglenhrim are too fearful to consult the elves. The two races have been driven apart forever. Or so everyone thinks, including the Valar, but Iluvatar seems to have different plans. An event will soon take place that will stir up the ancient alliances once more.

A group of men, women, elves and Maiar must come together to save Middle Earth for the final time. Their objective is to find the ancient necklace of Uire. The necklace contains the power to imprison the Valar. If the necklace were to fall into the wrong hand, Morgoth's, the Valar would be trapped and the necklace destroyed, the power and majesty of the Valar along with it.

Your objective is to bring that group together, find out how Morgoth escaped his confinement and retrieve the necklace of Uire before it is too late.

P.S: If you want to join this role-playing but don't want your character to be posted in fanfiction, please let me know by PM. Anyone can join, all I ask is that you edit your posting before you post (because it's going up for fanfiction), don't have characters along the lines of giants or centaurs and stick to the story line.

:disco: O.C welcome but someone can fill the parts of some of the Guardians or LOTR elves.

If you wish to know more about Manbechir and Aralinde, please PM me.

:wave:Anyone can join. This is a slightly scripted but free RPG. You will decide what happens between the beginning and end. The elves being reunited with the mortals is only one ending possibility. If you choose to, the War can end badly as well. Join the quest and save the world for the final time.

Please use O.O.C thread. Post ideas there. OK?

12/30/05 : Stridlas requested way back in August to have a link between the OOC thread and this one. Here it is. So, it took so long Stridlas.

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=20494
]

The first stop for the group is Loth Lorien. Feel free to create a character and meet us there. Any one can join at any time. Please do! We need as many people as we can get!

[Edited on 1/10/06 by LarienLindorenan]
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Final Battle (see O.O.C thread, free for anyone to join)
on: December 01, 2004 08:49
The sun was warm, the breeze blowing slightly and she was out with her brother, Ruscon, and her friend, Path. It couldn't be a better day for Arvellas Ellvalaniel. She and her friend were in the market shopping for the autumn festival. She made a dress for herself and was now itching to pick up the perfect accessories.

" How about trying that place?" Path, suggested, pointing to a hut with capes on the door.

Arvellas shook her head, "Nah. I already have a cape."

Path shrugged. Women were so picky. How did she know that there weren't other things beside capes in that store?

Arvellas continued down the street until she spied a store that interested her. She was heading for it when Ruscon ran over.

"Arve, Arve! There's a pretty necklace over there!" he said pointing. Ruscon liked to be helpful but he could be annoying sometimes.

Arvellas smiled, "We'll go over there in a minute. Right now, I want to look in here."

Arvellas walked into the building with Ruscon and Path trailing behind her. She looked over all the things on display and found a headpiece that fascinated her. She bought it then followed Ruscon.

The shop he led them to was a secluded little house at the back of the market. It was surrounded by an aura of mystery and intrigue that drew Arvellas right in.

Inside the shop was dark and empty except for one pedestal in the center of the room. On the pedestal was a necklace floating freely in a glass container.

Arvellas stepped closer, her eyes glittering in the light that shone from the pendant at the end of the silver chain. The pendant was a crystal orb with a silver band around the outside. The was engraved with a small leaf pattern and it was hollow. The silver band around it seemed to have some form of writing on it.

Suddenly, a voice startled the trio, "May I help you?"

Arvellas spun around to see a woman standing in the doorway. The woman had long brown hair and glowing eyes. An ethereal glow seemed to come from inside of her.

Arvellas stood in awe. Surely the woman was an elf. She had heard any tales of the creatures.

"Are you an elf?" Arvellas asked breathily.

The woman laughed, "No, I'm just a human. I am Ihilad, the owner of that necklace."

It took Arvellas a second to regain her voice, "I am Arvellas Ellvalaniel. I was looking at the necklace. Is it for sale?'

The woman looked at her with piercing eyes, "Not to just anyone."

"I don't understand what you mean," Arvellas returned.

"The necklace is not available to any random person," the woman explained. " I am waiting for the right one."

Ihilad looked at Arvellas a moment and then spoke again, "Come with me and we will discuss this matter."

The trio went to follow but Ihilad stopped them, "Just Arvellas, " she said.

Path and Ruscon reluctantly complied.

Arvellas followed the woman up a flight of stair to a small room with two large windows. It the center was a couch and two chairs. The woman sat down in a chair and motioned for Arvellas to sit on the couch.

"The necklace downstairs is a very special necklace," the woman said. "It was made by an elf called Feanor in the first age. It is part of a prophecy. The prophecy tells that the necklace will come into the hands of a person who has the strength of heart and will to unite the elves and men once again. It is said that this person will cause the orb to be illuminated. You have done that. The moment you walked into the room downstairs, the necklace lit up. You are the Messenger."

OOC: Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that Morgoth is a character up for grabs.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2004 08:40
Ravi walked down the road. He saw a building that looked like an interesting shop. He was looking for a gift for his fiance. They were to be married in 3 day.When he walked in the shop he saw two men standing there."Hello, I am Ravi, you?" he always liked to make new friends, Something his fiance had tought him.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2004 08:53
"Hello, I am Ravi, you?"

Path spun around to find an elf standing behind him. He surveyec the elf warily. It was strange to see creatures of the like around Andura. Elves tended to stick to themselves, there now being few in Middle Earth.

Ruscon wasn't as hestitant, onliy being ten years old. He ran right in front of the elf, his mouth running.

"Hi, I'm Ruscon. I'm here with my sister to buy a necklace. That's Path," Ruscon said.

Path inwardly slapped Ruscon. He knew that the child didn't know any better. He hadn't been trained in the ways of the world like Path had. It was better not to tell strangers who you were.

He stepped forward to question the elf," What is your bussiness in Andura?"
ancalimeofnumenor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2004 09:10
OOC: Fuiniel's in the db. Also I would like to play Elrohir and Elladan but I don't know how the Gaurdians tie into this.

IC: Fuiniel sat at a table outside the notorious Double Barrel, sipping slowly at a hot cider. Her dark cloak was draped around her and she was content to just watch the people walk by.

Suddenly her eyes lit upon a group across the street. They narrowed slightly when she noticed that one of them was an elf. She stood slowly, and set her mug down.

She casually walked over behind the group, pretending to survey some of the jewelry in the store, while listening in on their conversation. A bright large beautiful necklace caught her eye for a moment, but then she focused back on the conversation going on behind her.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 01:22
"My business is To find a nice gift for my fiance, We will be married in Three days." Ravi Smiled his always sweet smile. He wondered how these two men would respond to what he said for imedatly he knew he shouldn't have said it.
((Just so every one nows, Ravi is Officially My character))
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 11:02
To find a gift for his fiancee? Why would him come to Andura for that? Path wondered. It was unlikely that that was his true reason for coming. Either that, or the elf had no idea where he was.

Path was about to say something when he noticed a maiden clothed in dark garb lingering in a corner. She was watching them. Path surveyed her warily.

What are these strange people doing in an empty shop in Andura no less? Sure Andura was famous for its Autumn festival but that was about it.

"Hello, maiden," Path said with a bow. "May I ask what your business in Andura is?"
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 11:20
Ravi turned his attention to the maiden also. What was she doing here. This shop was obviously empty save one necklace, which he was sure was either sold, or being sold. He really needed to find a map.'Did he say we are in Andura? Way off course, I will never, wait. Where is Andura' He thought.He was so lost that he missed what the maiden had said.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 11:14
"Did someone say something to me?"He inquired for he had missed something, he could tell but, what?
((will someone please post?))
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 04:03
"I'm the...what?" Arvellas asked not understanding.

Ihilad smiled at her, "You are the messanger. You are to take and keep this necklace. You must gather a group of companions and travel to the elfin realms to see the remaining guardians." Ihilad turned around and rummaged through some papers, "I am going to give you a map that will show you where to go. Follow it with your companions and rally an army of elves. When that is finished, journey to the..."

"Wait a minute!" Arvellas said, jumping to her feet and backing away. "I don't know who you are but I'm not going to go trucking around Middle Earth just because you tell me to. You must be crazy."

Ihilad straightened and surveyed Arvellas, "You do not know what a danger this necklace is. Have you heard of the Valar?"

Arvellas' brow furrowed, "Only in myths."

"Well, they are not myth, young one," Ihilad said. "They are the gods, as we humans call them. They are the rulers of Middle Earth. They guard us. Were they to fall, Middle Earth would fall with them."

"What do you mean "were they to fall"? How can they be real and what does this have to do with the necklace?" Arvellas asked, curious and confused at the same time.

Ihilad held up the necklace, "This is not just a necklace. It has the power to capture and hold the Valar. Were it to be destroyed, once it held all of them, they would cease to exist. They would be gone, forever, erased from time. The world would be covered by the darkness of a vala who went evil, Morgoth. They are real. It just takes believing."

Ihilad's eyes took on a soft, compelling look that drew Arvellas right to her. Ihilad held out the necklace and Arvellas held back a moment. If what Ihilad said was true, then Middle Earth was in a lot of danger and saving it fell partly on her shoulders.

Ihilad watched as Arvellas weighed both the good and the bad of taking the necklace. Ihilad knew she was asking a lot of the young girl, but she was the only one who could do what was required. The girl, however, could not possobly understand how great a responsibility Ihilad was asking her to take. Ihilad knew what it was to have a fate resting on her shoulders that didn't belong to her. She knew what a great burden it would be and how much it would change the girl and her companions.

As Ihilad speculated, Arvellas couldn't comprehende just how much responsibilty was going to be put on her shoulders. She had nevered traveled outside Andura. Naively, she reached forward and took the necklace, knowing her task would be hard but not knowing how hard.

Ihilad smiled sadly as the necklace fell into place on Arvellas' neck, "You have taken the burden," Ihilad said. "Now you must gather your companions." She bowed, "May I be the first to join your party?"

Arvellas nodded. She felt a weight beginning to form on her shoulders but knew not how heavy it would get. Ihilad told her she would be the guide and again Arvellas nodded. Together they headed down the steps.

Arvellas' brow furrowed seeing the new comers. She glanced at Ihilad and was perplexed to find Ihilad smiling.

"Ah, mae govannen, mistress Fuiniel and master Ravi," the woman said. "You have arrived just in time."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 07:51
"I've told you time and time again, it's just Ravi."Ravi said smiling. He knew she had something of a plan already in mind and, an adventure at that.He was probably a part of it too, just what was his part and could Lorien come too.
Lorien knew that Ravi was just in the next shop. As she aproached the shop she saw what was inside. Ravi Was closest to the door."Ravi." she quietly caught his attention. As Ravi told the group he would be back shortly he stepped out to talk with Lorien.
"Lorien, my love. I must ask you to stay here. Our wedding may not be as we planned or I fear I have a task to undertake, or a part of a task knowing her." He told Lorien."Ravi, I understand. I came here to say that I don't think we should be married, now or ever." Lorien was very solomn. Ravi had had something or other to do, always. In this fashion their wedding had been post-poned for a year and a half. Ravi looked at Lorien and knew she meant it."IF that is the way you feel, you better run along back to Lothlorien, the only place you'll be able to protect yourself."
Ravi last words had hurt Lorien deeply. She stormed away as Ravi went back inside with a look on his face like he was really really mad. He awaited to see what his old friend had to say to him. He couldn't wait to leave town, all his belongings were already with his horse. instead of waiting he desided to ask this."If you have a new adventure planned, Can I join you?"
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 04:51
Ihilad smiled as she heard Ravi and Lorien argue outside. She had known them since she had stayed in Rivendell in the third age. She always saw they had a liking for each other but she realized that they were not meant to be. Ravi was destined for someone else. She had a feeling he would find her in this adventure if he dared to look.

He walked back in the door, looking furious. He rashly asked if he could join the quest. She smiled.

"As always, Ravi, you know me well," she said. "There is indeed a quest. You know of the history of this necklace and you know of the guardians. This woman is the messanger. We must aid her in raising an army of elves. Your part for the moment will be to present her to King Thranduil. That is, if she will have you as a companion."

Arvellas surveyed the elf. He was rather good-looking, she thought blushing. Ihilad seemed to trust him and that made a point with her, eventhough she didn't quite trust Ihilad yet. She could see his laden horse outside, with a bow and a sword hung at his side. He looked rather gentle and kind.

"I would enjoy having you, Lord Ravi," she said bowing.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 02:28
Ravi was happy to do this for Ihilad but, he was taken aback at being called Lord Ravi."Please, just call me Ravi." he said to the elf, that was what he prefered. He smiled and stood by the door. Not knowing if she meant now or later, or when.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 08:38
(OOC: Arvellas isn't an elf. She's human. Ihilad is human too. Check out the OOC thread. There'll be more info. there.)

Arvellas blushed, "Alright, Ravi then."

She was confused for a moment when Ravi stood by the door as if waiting for something. She looked at Ihilad who saw her confusion and took the initiative.

"We will set out tonight after meeting in the local tavern," Ihilad looked at Fuiniel. "You are welcome to join us Mistress Fuiniel. Lord Pathonaman, you are welcome as well," she added, bowing.

Arvellas looked at Path, "Yes, Path, please do come."

LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 08:47
Path looked suspiciously between the lady Ihilad and Ravi. He didn't trust either of them so he sure as hell wasn't going to leave Arvellas alone with them. Then again, he had duties to see to for the king. He looked at Arvellas' pleading eyes and understood that she truly wished for him to join.

He sighed and bowed, "Lady Ihilad, Master Ravi, I am at your service. I could not pass up the offer."

He looked to Arvellas who sent him back a radiant smile. He felt himself blush slightly. He secretly had a liking for Arvellas. She was a strong, independent and kind girl. Maybe if he went on the quest with her he'd have more of a chance with her, he thought boyishly.

Of course, Rusc couldn't be left out of any of this. He jumped up and down excitedly.

"I want to go! I want to go! Arve, please!" he pleaded.

"Absolutely not," Arvellas replied. "You are definitely too young."

Ruscon pouted but didn't argue. The newly created group parted for the moment and agreed to meet later at the inn and tavern down the street.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 10:28
((Sorry about that.))
When Ravi left the shop he headed down to the inn and Tavern and ordered himself an Ale whilest he waited for everyone else. He had tied his horse up just outside. he drank his ale quickly and ordered another.He went on like this for ten minutes, drink slower for he didn't want to get sink from drinking to fast, or drunk either. :evil: He ordered one more and this one alone lasted ten minutes. After he finished he went to make sure he didn't need anything else. He relized he had no food. He went to the local bakery for Weighbread.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 05:15
Arvellas walked home silently, Path astride her and Ruscon trumping along behind, gloomily. She thought about what she was going to say to her family and what the complications of the trip could be. She knew a few things about traveling, having gone on 2-3 day expeditions with Path and his father. She thought about how long this could take and trembled slightly. The meaning of the entire thing sunk down on her and with it came fear. They were risking their lives. They could die.

Path noticed her tremble and put a hand on her arm. Arvellas was one of the bravest women he knew. He knew why she was afraid. He had realized what the quest meant the moment she told him what was happening. This was a heavy burden for his friend to carry.

He drew her to a stop and Ruscon followed, looking intrigued. He turned and glared at Rusc.

"Go home, Rusc," he said. "I have to talk to your sister."

Arvellas looked at Rusc with sympathy. Rusc eyes filled with tears and she smiled slightly and knelt before him.

"Rusc," she said. "You are too young to go on this quest with us. It will be very dangerous. You will stay home, nice and safe. "

"I want to go with you, Arve," Rusc said. "I can help. I can protect you too."

Arvellas was suddenly filled with warm love for her little brother. She drew him into a hug.

"I love you, Rusc," she said, emotionally. "I want you safe, tith'gwadon. Go home. I'll be there shortly."

Ruscon hugged her back and nodded reluctantly. He trotted away, looking glum.

Path watched the boy go with a twinge of affection. Being around the kid for all the kid's life hadn't not afected him. He thought of Rusc as a younger brother. In a way, he loved the kid like Arvellas did. Since he had been able to walk, Rusc had barely left Arvellas' side, which had annoyed Path and Arvellas in the beginning. Slowly, they had gotten used to it and even included him in their playing and conversations. Path smiled as he remembered a two-year old Ruscon climbing all over him as he pretended to be an orc attacking Arvellas. Ruscon had been quick to come to Arvellas' aid.

When Ruscon was gone, Path turned Arvellas around to face him. His friend had tears in her eyes. He reached up and briefly whiped away one of Arvellas' tears.

"Don't weep, Arve," he soothed. "Listen, Rusc will be safe. You are taking quite a burden on, my friend, and I will be there to carry it with you, as long as the Fates allowed. "

Path stepped away from her and her brow furrowed. Path looked around for a moment before picking up a stick. Arvellas laughed perplexed as Path knelt before her. Her laugh faded and she gasped as he lifted it as he would his sword. His face was serious as he presented it to her.

"Arvellas, lady of this quest, I present this stick, representing my sword, to you," he said. "I swear to defend you, stand beside you, help you carry any burden and never falter. I will catch you when you falter and support you when you need it. My lady, please accept my humble service."

Arvellas' eyes were wide in surprise. Path smiled at her and she took the stick. She looked at him, unsure of what to do.

"What do I say?" she asked.

"You either say you accept and hand it back to me or say you don't accept and still hand it back to me," Path instructed her.

Arvellas looked at her friend. She knew, from reading, that he was bestowing quite an honor on her. She was flattered.

"I accept," she said and handed the stick back to him.

He stood and bowed.

"I meant it, Arvellas," he said when he had straightened. "You have my service now. I will do as you command and as you need."

Arvellas hugged him, "Thank you so much, Path."

Path closed his eyes, reveling in the feeling of holding her. Maybe he liked her more than he had thought. He had liked her for a very long time. What was to come out of it?

Path broke away from her and escorted her home. She smiled at him and walked in the door. He smiled as the door closed and went home to pack his own things
.......................................................................................

Half-an-hour later, after explaining everything to their families, Path and Arvellas met in the center of the village. Arvellas was dressed in her brown traveling tunic, black leather leggings and leather boots. Her hair was pulled back into a braid. Path had much of the same outfit on only his tunic was a storm grey wool instead of a soft brown cotton. His hair was pulled back into warrior braids. Both had full packs and bed rolls.

Arvellas found Ravi's horse out in front of the inn. They left their packs by the post the horse was tied to and went inside.

They found Ihilad sitting at a table in the back.

"Ravi has just gone to get food for the journey, I think," she said when they sat down. "He should be back any moment."
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 05:31
Ihilad stayed in the small house when her new-found companions left. She sighed. Another journey, another quest to save the world. Another long wait.

She walked into a room across the hall from where she had sat with Arvellas. The room held a bed and a small trunk in the corner but nothing else. Ihilad looked sadly at the trunk before opening it. Inside was a pair of wore leather leggings with faded leaf embroidery down the side. She smiled as she drew them out and smelled them. For a moment, she was taken back to a Rivendell of long ago. They still held the smell of the woods surrounding the hidden haven.

She set the leggings aside and drew out the next article of clothing. It was a dark green tunic. The tunic was made to fit close to its owner but allow for free movement. It had a collared neckline that was embroidered with lighter green leaves. That was the only ordament on the shirt.

She reverently set the shirt aside and drew out a pair of well-worn soft, dark leather boots. The boots too had the slight leaf detail around the laces. They were elfin made, all the outfit was.

Next she drew out a silvery elfin bow and arrows with hawk feathers on the end. Elladan had given her them.

Tears graced her face as she drew out an elfin dagger and sword set. Elladan and Elrohir had made the sword for her. Arwen had sown the scabbards and Aragorn had given her the daggers.

Last of all, she drew out the black cloak-coat that had kept her warm for 20 years of her life.

All of them brought memories back for her. Memories of Elladan's love and her days back in Rivendell.

Ihilad dressed, packed and headed to the inn. When Arvellas and Path came, they found her smiling, no trace of the tears and memories written on her face.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 10:01
When Ravi returned to the inn he noticed that at least one person was already here. He put the weighbread in his horses packs. As he entered he noticed that everyone was there."Well, I've just been to the bakery and back."He said. The smell of a;lchol was faint on his breathe as he spoke.He wondered if anyone would notice. He wanted another drink but, he wasn't sure if there would be time before they had to leave."How long before we leave?"He inquired.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 03:52
Ramo stared wistfully into the windows of the tavern. It seemed warm inside and there were beings who seemed to be readying for a long journey. Companions, how long had it been since she had enjoyed another persons presence? She absently brushed a piece of hair behind her pointed ear. But in her heart Ramo knew they would not welcome her. She was different. A deep sigh rent its way through her heart and she moved towards the door. "A mug of ale can't hurt any can it?"

o O (Ramo is in the db-any questions feel free to pm me)
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 08:48
Ihilad smiled at Ravi, "We will be leaving as soon as Arvellas decides."

Ihilad looked at Arvellas but Arvellas wasn't paying attention to her. Arvellas had her eyes on an elf that had just walked in. Arve felt her heart go out to the woman. She was glancing at them with a look of longing and loneliness. The woman brushed her hair behind her ear, making her look self-concious.

Arvellas didn't know what it was but she had a feeling about the woman. The woman reminded her much of herself. All her life Arvellas had had very few friends, save Path. The woman looked like she needed companions.

Arvellas got up and walked over to her, "Hello, miss. I noticed you were an elf. Where do you come from?"
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 10:08
Ravi had noticed the girl when she had walked in. She had had an elvish air about her. He decided to order another mug of ale as Arvellas talked with the lady. He sat down in the corner table and watchedthe girl with amusment.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 03:22
Ramo was so startled by the womans voice that she looked directly into her eyes for a moment. She quickly remembered her place and looked away respectfully. "I am Ramo, daughter of Avanti. At one time I dwelled in Imladris but . . . " Her voice trailed off to nothing more than a distant whisper. "I am only a half breed M'Lady, not worthy of the name Elf." Her green eyes sought solace in her mug of ale.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 11:38
Ravi couldn't help but listen in, evenfrom his distance he could hear every word that was said. It can from the fact that he had a combination of elves ears and a birds ears. He felt the girls pain, he had a friend, back when he had stayed in gondor, who was also half an elf. She had never complained about it, much.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 04:59
Ihilad heard the girl's words and went from smiling to frowning. Where had the girl got such a low opinion of half-elves? She was outraged. She had been the lover of a half-elf in Imladris. She went and stood before Ramo.

"My lady," she said softly. "Please speak not such of half-elves. I dwelt in Imladris in days long ago and well knew the sons of Elrond, who were oth half-elves. Since you are from there and that is where they still dwell, then you must know of the valor and chivalry they are legendary for." Ihilad bowed, "Lady Ramo, daughter of Avanti, I am Lady Ihilad, lover of Lord Elladan, son of Elrond. Half-elves are worth much honor, especially the ones I have known. Besides that, you are just the companion we need. You know Imladris and its Lords. Will you travel with us and represent that fair realm if Lady Arvellas chooses to have you?"
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 05:07
Arvellas felt both surprised by and kindred to Ramo. She had never been referred to as "lady" before and that the half-elf would startled her. She felt kindred to her because she knew what it was like to feel like an outcast, that's how she had felt all her life.

She spoke as softly as Ihilad had, "Please, don't call me M'lady. I am Arvellas Ellvalaniel. We are looking frmore companions, my lady, if you'd be so kind as to come."
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 03:33
"I know none of the Lords of Imladris." A cynical smile spread across her face. "Indeed I dwelt in the lower city all my life, I would be no use to you. Nay, call me not Lady for I am neither worthy, or willing to take on the title. I too have loved and lost." The last sentance was directed to Ihilad. She raised her head and her eyes shone with happiness. "But as you request my companionship I shall not dissapoint you. A journey would be pleasant amongst such fine people." Ramo was startled that these True Elves would deign to speak to one as her, let alone ask her to travel with them. She was flattered, yet scared. There had been only one Elf who had been kind to her in her long life and he was dead. She blinked her green eyes in rapid succesion and smiled at the two women. "With what purpose is this journey?"
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 05:42
Ravi decided that, scince the girl had already agreed to join the crew, he would introduce himself, and hoped she would call him Master Ravi as everyone was so inclined to call him. As he walked over, he had suddenly been overcome with shyness. Hopeing neither Arvellas or Ihilad had noticed him walking their way, he sat back down. whispering to himself he said"What has gotten into you, you are not a naturelly shy person." Then he looked at the girl."Why does she think so low of herself?"He asked himself, when she had looked at Ihilad and Arvellas with those bright eyes, he had never seen a more beautiful lady, and one of his best friends was daughter of King Aragorn and Queen Arwen of Gondor.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 09:40
O.O.C: Arvellas and Ihilad aren't elves. They are human. Ihilad was just given immortality. See the O.O.C thread for the reason.

"I too have loved and lost." The sentence reveberated through Ihilad's head. Indeed, she could see that the girl had lost much. A great sadness filled Ihilad. She had lovec and lost many things. (O.O.C: PLEASE see O.O.C thread) However she could sense that the dreams and wishes both of them had were within their reach. Despite that, Ihilad's eyes grew warm and she had to swallow back her sorrow.

"Indeed, Mistress Ramo,you have lost much," Ihilad said to the half-elf. "You will find yourself in good company. I will introduce you to the twin sons of Elrond," Ihilad's eyes lit up briefly, the only sign on her face of her hope and anticipation. Though she lived in M.E still and but 20 miles from Rivendell, she had not seen Elladan and Elrohir for many years nor been able to do what she wished with Elladan. However, their time was almost near.

"What we ask of you will be difficult but rewarding," Ihilad continued. "Arvellas carries the Necklace of Uire, which has the power to imprison all the Valar. We must keep it from Morgoth and find a way to destroy him if we can. The future of M.E is in great danger. I cannot yet foresee what part you and RAavi will play before the end but for now it is the duty of all of us to protect the necklace and it's messanger."
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 04:21
Ramo listened to the story, nodding at appropriate times. Only twice did her attention wander. The first was at mention of the necklace, her slender hand flew to her throat where her own neck-chain was concealed underneath her clothing. She quickly blinked back the tears that threatned to spill. The name Ravi caught her attention and she looked over the maids shoulder to see a young man watching her. His gaze was steady, but unsure. She dipped her head in greeting, then spoke to Ihilad. "I have fighting skills, and I am an excellent tracker. I offer you my services be they what they are."

When Ramo had finished speaking she slipped off the stool and knelt removed her sword. She laid it on the bar for her new companions to inspect. It was made in a traditional Elven manner that was slowly being lost. The long blade curved slightly, giving it the appearance of a scimitar. Etched into the cold steel was a verse speaking of great love. "It was given to me by Navinai." Her eyes grew misty and she passed a hand in front of them. "Gurthdegir has served me faithfully for many years." She lifted the blade and swung it in a wide arc so that the dim light of the tavern glinted off the folded steel.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 04:50
As Ramo had taken out her sword, it reminded Ravi of his own sword. He had recived from one of his oldest friends. It had been his friends first sword and his own first sword. She had taught him to fight, and when his training was complete, she had given him the sword, she called it Flameshot. Ravi's friend had told him the history of the sword past on from Master to student through generations, it had past through the hands of some of the greatest worriors of both Men and Elves. Every person who owned the sword had taught someone else to wield a sword but, the, at the end of the students training gave the sword to that student, in hopes that someday, it will end up in the hands of... Ravi's thoughts were cut off as Ihilad tried to draw his attention or someone did anyway."What?"He asked calmly, not acctually knowing who he was talking to, he was on the verge of sleep.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 10:07
Ihilad looked over Ramo sword. It was a good sword. She bowed to Ramo.

"It will be good a to have such a fine sword at our service," she said. She stood back up and turned to Arvellas, "It would be good to get going now. Ravi, are you prepared to leave?"

"What?" he asked.

Ihilad could see he was tired. She looked around at the group. Everyone seemed to be weary.

"Perhaps it would be well to hold off on the quest until everyone's had a chance to rest?" she suggested.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2005 08:32
Ravi had not prosseded Ihlad's last remark. He had fallen asleep. This was the first time he had ever fallen asleep sitting up, or even in a chair. He dreamed of his training with the sword master who had given him Flameshot. He dreamed of the way she had moved with the sword. All the group would ever know of it though was that, even though he was asleep, he had a smile on his face. His former teacher's name had been Kiara.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2005 03:27
Ramo nodded. She had no money for a room but surely she could sleep outside. It would not be the first or the last time she would do that. She shoved Gurthdegir into the sheath and walked outside. The sky was clear and you could see many of the stars glittering above. "It is comfort to know that the Eldar watch over you even while you sleep." Ramo unrolled her sleeping blanket underneath a tree and stretched herself out. The morning would be a new day with new challenges.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 05:07
Ihilad shook her head, smiling smally. She had hoped to leave Andura that night but apparently Ravi thought it a better idea to sleep. She walked out onto the porch of the inn and looked up at the stars. Earendil shone high above. Her mind went back to the song Bilbo had sung about him long ago. The time of the Fellowship and before seemed like it happened almost yesterday instead of many ages before. She sighed remebering and missing the many friends she had gained.

Ihilad's thought's were interupted when she heard rustling. She turned to see Ramo stretching out beneath a tree. The elf fascinated her. Ihilad found herself curious as to what the elf had lost. She walked over to her.

"May I sit with you, mistress Ramo?" Ihilad asked her.

Ramo looked like she was about to answer when a rider came galloping through town. He looked haggard and his clothes torn.

"Orc!" he cried hoarsly, holding a torch aloft.

Ihilad's eyes widened and she withdrew her sword. Looking briefly at Ramo she turned and ran into the tavern to wake Ravi.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email