Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Final Battle (see O.O.C thread, free for anyone to join)
on: February 28, 2005 08:05
Just as Ihilad had reached him, Ravi had awoken with a start. He looked at Ihilad and found that she was the one who had been running, for that was the sound that had awakened him, or should he say the stop of that sound. In his dream, he had been running now. That was when the sound started, but when it stopped, he had still been running, waking at that point was an automatic action.
Ravi looked at Ihilad and said,"What's wrong?" All Ihilad said was "Let's go." as she led him out of the tavern. When the were outside, Ravi saw the man with ragged clothes,"What happened to you man?" Was his automatic responce. Before the guy could respond, his question was answered. A group of maybe 50 orcs came over the horizen and all Ravi did was unsheath his sword, he was prepared to fight, if they attacked, unless Ihilad told him otherwise. He and Flameshot were ready. The sword had some mighty useful tricks to it, in the right hands.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 03:17
There had been no time for Ramo to answer Ihilad when the rider and Orcs appeared. She could feel her heart thudding in her throat as she leaped from the ground, Gurthdegir in her hand. It had not been long since she had felt the adrenalin of battle and she was ready when the surge came. "Is there a plan or shall we just have at them?" She spoke quietly to the pair at her side and when she turned to them there was a broad smile on her face unlike any they had seen yet.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 02:09
Path woke to the sound of swords outside. He had fallen asleep talking to Arvellas at one of the back tables in the inn. He looked out the main entrance of the inn to see torchlight. He woke Arvellas and withdrew his sword. Pulling her behind him, he went out to meet Ramo, Ravi and Ihilad.

"Is there a plan or shall we just have at them?" he heard Ramo ask.

Ihilad looked at her, "Which would you advise? Whatever the course of action, I think it would be best to leave as soon as the battle is over, do you agree?"
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 02:12
O.O. C:

I think we should start talking about where you guys want the thread to go in the O.O.C discussion. Do you want to start posting there to discuss the thread?
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 04:02
Ramo grin widened. "If we start attacjing them, we have the element of surprise. Then we can leave." That being said she rushed towards the group of Orcs. She fought off first one creature and then turned to her right swinging almost recklessly with Gurthdegir.

o O (*Heads to ooc thread*)
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 11:34
Ravi just listened when Ramo and Ihilad talked. He loved the music in Ramo's vocie, or was he the only one who heard it? When it was decided to have at them, Flameshot was up and ready by the time they arrived. He cleaved off ones head and the started hacking.

*adios, going to the ooc...*
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 12:03
Ihilad smiled and started to make her way through the orcs. The thrill of battle sang through her veins like it had not in many centuries. Her spirit flew with every weighted dip and swing of the sword. Her entire body vibrated and it connected with an orcs sword and she did her worst on him.

Arvellas cowered behind Path as the orcs came. She had no skill in fighting so Path had to guard her. He did so vigilantly, killing orcs that came within an inch of her and himself. He moved her so that she was close to Ihilad as well as himself.

[Edited on 3/2/05 by LarienLindorenan]
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 03:14
o O (*Grimaces at typos in last post*)

Ramo soon found herself surrounded by dead Orcs. There were only a few left bet she kept swinging her sword in broad movements. Tears streamed down her face and for some odd reason she couldn't stop crying. Gurthdegir dropped to the ground and Ramo sunk down amongst the bodies. She buried her face in her hands, not sure why she couldn't keep her tears back.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 10:42
When all the orcs died, or were killed. He noticed that Ramo had fallen to her knees and was courious as to why. He went over to her and knelt beside her, she was most defiantly not hurt, Physically."What's wrong?" He asked softly. He put his arms around her shoulders and gave her a hug. "It will be okay."
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2005 03:08
o O (I didn't post that . . . . hmmm oh well I'll just go with it-Must find out which one of my roomates did that :evil: ) O o

Ramo's shoulders shook as she continued to cry. "No how could it be okay? Everything's wrong." She pushed away from Ravi and wiped her tears away. "I'm sorry, it's nothing." The woman stood and lifted her sword from the ground. When she had composed herself Ramo turned from the battlefield and made her way back into the tavern.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 11:06
((Hmm... Well...That is funny...sort of))
Ravi could tell Ramo wasn't going to tell him easily what was wrong. He would give her time. She'd come around... eventually.Ravi followed into the tavern, figuring it would be a better place to disscuss where they were headed. Ravi found Ramo, he remembered he had wanted to ask her where her sword had come from. When he sat next to her she did not look at him but he said,"Where did you get your sword? It looks a lot like the same make as mine." Ravi placed his sword on the table in front of Ramo. He hoped it might make her feel better, take her mind off her problems.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 03:13
Ramo reached out and drew a finger across the blade. "It is beautiful. Navinai was my best friend growing up and when he became a swordsmith he made me Gurthdegir." Her green eyes grew misty as the memories came back. "After Navi was killed I couldn't stay in Imladris anymore, too many painful memories." She smiled sadly at Ravi. "Where did you receive your sword, friend?"
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 08:19
Arvellas watched Path fight mesmerized by his gracefulness. She had never seen anyone fight as he did. He danced to the sound of a ringing drum. Having him there before her made her feel safe. Nothing in the world could harm her while her friend stood guard.

Path quickly disposed of the orcs surrounding him and Arvellas and turned to make sure she was well. He sighed relieved when he found her staring at him soft-eyed. The look on her face confused him. She wore a look of awe and appreciation but there was something else there.

He was not the only one confused. Arvellas herself didn't know why she was feeling as she was. The battle had seemed to disappear and the only thing left was Path in front of her, protecting her. Arvellas felt a warm content filling her.

For a mment they held eyes, then Path broke their gaze, "We must go back to the tavern now," he looked around for Ihilad, "It seems Ihilad is already there. Judging from what happened we will be leaving soon."

They hurried inside to find Ihilad standing before Ravi and Ramo.

"We must leave now," she said urgently.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 03:37
Ramo stood quickly. "What is it Ihilad? Is there something wrong?" She gathered what little she posessed and moved towards the door. Well Ravi's story would have to wait though she wondered why he showed such an interest in her

o O (Exhausted tonight sorry about the short post)
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 10:31
Ravi jumped to his feet When Ramo had, He had his sword in hand. He sheathed it quickly. He at first was unsure if he should tell Ramo the story behind the sword. Ravi resolved to tell Ramo first chance he got."I Think it is not safe to stay here. Will we be traveling on foot or by horse? Does everyone have a horse? If we go by foot, My horse would be more then happy to carry all our things. If you agree to what I just said, if my horse ever leaves us, he has a reason, and he will return, as soon as he has fufilled his'quest' as you may call it." Ravi was unsure if he had spoken too fast.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 03:44
"Morgoth will be close to finding where the necklace is now," Ihilad replied to Ramo. "We must leave before that happens. We will head for Lorien. Ravi, your horse would be perfect. Animals often have their own agendas."

Arvellas didn't quite understand what the dire need was. However, by the look on Path's face, he did. The group set out for Lorien.

(Post idea in O.O.C thread. Let's get this thing moving. I don't know about yours but my characters are getting pretty bored. Let's recruit! What do you think?

Maybe we can move this ahead a few days. What d'ya think?)
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 03:23
o O (I agree. I have been very busy on my end and therefore offer up my humblest and most abject apologies on the matter.)

For Ramo the following days passed in a blur with few bright spots. The company traveled hard without stopping sometimes well into the night. She quickly began to weary running from something she knew nothing about and as they readied for sleep one night the young woman voiced her feelings. "I think there is more to this tory than I am being told. If you are inclined to share please do for my Human side is very curious"
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 08:18
Ihilad turned to Ramo, not quite knowing what to tell the girl. She looked around at the group for a moemnt and saw that Ramo was the only curious one. Arvellas looked at her, obviously wanting more information.

Sighing, Ihilad knew it would be a long story but she sat down on a log and began, "I'll start in the beginning when the necklace was made. Feanor made the necklace after he had made the Silmarils. He made it during the twelve years that he was exiled from Tirion after a confrontation with his brother. The original intent of the necklace, as I am lead to believe was to capture and destroy Morgoth with. No one knows where Feanor got the power to create such a jewel. He himself did not have it. It is suspected that Morgoth gave him the power without Feanor or the Valar being aware of it. Morgoth of course, would have used the necklace to imprison and destroy the Valar. That was obviously not part of Eru's plan however. Feanor kept the necklace hidden from the Valar and from Morgoth. When he came to Manwe's hall for an audience after the twelve years was over, Feanor left the necklace safely hidden in Fornost. Morgoth went there to look for both the Silmaril's and the necklace but somehow he did not find the necklace. When Feanor left Valinor after the kinslaying, he took the necklace with him. The Valar did not know of the necklace until it had passed into Middle Earth.

Not much is known about the beginning history of the Necklace in Arda. Some of the guardians think it was carried by the sons of Feanor until they were all gone. Somehow, after that, it came into Gil-Galad's possession. Gil-Galad entrusted it to Elrond, who kept it safely hidden in Imladris throughout the second and third age.

I came to Rivendell 60 years before the War of the Ring,” Ihilad paused a moment, sadness coming to her face. She didn’t know if she should tell them all about her past, her childhood and her time during Imladris. She decided she would only say something if someone asked her.

Clearing her face of all emotion, she continued difficultly, “While there, I fell in love with Elladan. One night, a flood hit Rivendell. Elladan and I were on a bridge that was set in a miniature valley, with small hills on each side of it,” her eyes gained a far away look as if viewing the past. “The water rose up high enough and swept us off the bridge. I still don’t know how it managed to do that so swiftly. We should have had time to reach higher ground but we didn’t. It swept us down into the depths of the river. All I remember is his hand in mine, never letting go,” her voice grew soft and suddenly she was bare for all around the camp to see. Lost in the past, she couldn’t hide the emotions that boiled up inside her. Her eyes filled with tears and yet her gaze turned loving, as if seeing Elladan before her, “It grew dark and next I knew we were sitting in a field under starlight. Before us were two of the most radiant beings I had ever laid eyes upon. One was a woman, Varda, Queen of the Stars, and the other Manwe, King of the Valar.

I received the necklace from them. They said that if I would take the responsibility of guarding the necklace, they would give me immortality. I would be able to share a life with Elladan but I would not be able to marry him or have children with him until after the Final Battle. I readily agreed. They had an offer for Elladan as well. It was destined that he and his brother’s would remain and guard Imladris. Him doing so was one of the prices of me receiving immortality, I was not the only human to do so. He agreed as well. He would have chosen to become mortal and die for me but I could not have born to separate him from his family. That is why I accepted. It has proven hard but I know it will be well worth it in the end.

My responsibility was to guard the necklace, protecting it from any evil that would seek to gain it. The Valar gave me the power to do so. It is the responsibility of every guardian to guard something that is crucial to this world. It is due to the guardians that the magic of the elder days has not completely faded. They combine their powers in a joint effort to keep this world safe from evil. However, all our powers combine will not be able to stand against Morgoth. That is where the elves and Arvellas come in.

We need to gather the guardians and all of the elves on this shore and in Valinor. They along with the Eglenhrim, humans that still have a kinship to the elder days, will help us destroy Morgoth for the final time. You all play crucial roles in it.”

The camp was silent for a moment. Ihilad sat, waiting for questions.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 08:44
"And Arvellas has the most crucial? How do you know that us specifically have the crucial roles? Couldn't it be others?" Ravi inquired to Ihalad."If you can tell methe answers to the afformented questions, why us?" Ravi had been thinking these questions for the past couple of days. He also wondered why the were going to LothLorien first but, decided not to ask.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 08:26
Ihilad smiled at Ravi, "I know that you have a crucial role because you are part of this group. You could compare this group to the Fellowship of the Ring from the third age. You remember the significance of that group. That is the significance which we hold. You did not come here randomly. You were chosen by the Valar to join this quest. For what reason, it is not yet clear. Of course, you have the choice of dropping this burden at anytime, just as the Fellowship did.

Arvellas, like Frodo, does not have a choice," she glanced sympathetically at Arvellas. "She has a very crucial role but not the most crcial. In this war, we all have equal standing. We are all of equal importance because I believe we shall each become leaders in it. Arvellas must bear and keep the necklace safe now, but she is not alone. It is my duty as well to protect her and the necklace and your duty only if you choose it. She and APth represent the younger people of Middle Earth. When she took the necklace, she demonstrated that the new generation still cared for the land. If they did not care, they would simply abandon this world to Morgoth. This gives Arvellas a powerful tool. When the Eldar see that the newest generation would lose their lives to fight for Middle Earth, as many past generations have done, then they will rally easily. Arvellas represents the connection of the younger generation to the hisotry of the world. Their strength will prove to be just as great as any other generation."

Ihilad looked at Ravi and Ramo, wondering if they knew exactly what that meant. Ravi seemed to have another question is his eyes. Why Lorien first?

Ihilad answered the question, "We are going to Lorien first because it is the farthest from Rivendell. We will go there and retrieve Celeborn and Haldir, Lorien's guardians, then travel to Mirkwood and collect Thranduil and his oldest son Arion. The council meeting will be held in Rivendell. The guardians from Lindon, Manbechir and Aralinde are already on their way there.

There is something else you must know. I am not the only human to have gained immortality. There are two others, Lithornlant, wife of Arion, and Aralinde, who will wed Manbechir at the end of this war. Lithornlant has immortality because she is related to Earendil and Elrond. She was given the choice to be immortal or mortal after she fell in love with Arion. She was the niece of Aragorn. Her plight was different from his because she fell in love with a full elf rather than a half-elf. She, just like Arwen, had to leave her family behind.

Aralinde was once a councilwoman of Gil-Galad's. She came to Middle Earth before the fall of Numenor. She was here when she recieved news of it. Her plight is similar to mine. She fell in love with an elf and was granted immortality in return for agreeing to be the guardian of Lindon.

If you have anyother questions, I will answer as best i can."
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 07:07
What ihilad said sunk down on Audrey. She was carrying the fate of the world. Like Frodo Ihilad had said. she was given the role to bear and protect the necklace. Do that include giving her life if she had to?

Arvellas sat in silence thinking about that. Would she be brave enough to give her life for a world of people? She looked at her new companions. Would they be brave enough if need called?

She knew Path would and that endeared her to him. Looking a Ravi and Ramo, she tired to decide if they would as well. Ramo looked like she would. She had an air of bravery and secret nobility around her. Ravi looked like he would as well.

She voiced that thought, "If we were called to give our lives for this cause, would you all do that?"

Path immediately nodded. It gave her courage but she still didn't know if she would be brave enough. She looked at her other companions for their answer.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 03:43
I have nothing to live for so why not, was what Ravi thought but, he voiced only this,"When the need arised for a hero, Arvellas was there to answer the call with her compainions Path, Ravi..." Ravi looked to see if Ramos would also agree to what Arvellas had asked. Ravi did not know what she would say so he finished what hae was saying"...And Ramos. That's what I imagine they'll say about us In the future that WE are destined to save. I would most definatly pay my life if that was the ultamite price for saving the future."
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 01:57
Ramo had listened to the tale intently with her knees drawn to her chest. Ihilad had lost much in her life also. It made the half-elf feel less lonely. "Of course I would give my life. It's not much but I am willing to do anything to prevent allowing more evil into my home." She smiled slightly and placed a hand on Arvelass' shoulder. "You need not worry M'Lady you have friends who will protect you." For some reason her eyes wandered over to Ravi and she felt a tug at her heart.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 07:45
Ravi Looked at Ramos. He was glad she had said that she would also be joining the journey. He vowed, to himself, that he would not let her get hurt on this journy. Then he remembered that he had not told her something. He had not told her about his sword.
ancalimeofnumenor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 06:16
((In an attempt to catch up since my last post…))

"Hello, maiden. May I ask what your business in Andura is?" For a moment Fuiniel hadn't realized he was talking to her. Then she realized his pointed gaze, aimed suspiciously her way. It had been a long time since anyone had called her maiden. She laughed inwardly but said nothing. She had no duty to this boy, and did not need to answer. And besides the answer was far to long and complicated to explain to a stranger.

She decided to take a step outside and get some fresh air back into her lungs. The musty atmosphere of the shop did not suit her, and she found herself wishing to be out in the forests once more. However she had been summoned to Andura so in Andura she would stay until she was dismissed. Such was her duty to her lineage.

After ambling up and down the street a few times, her long legs whisking her away speedily, she noted that the old woman had come back into the main area of the shop. She reentered, hoping that things would sort themselves out.

"Ah, mae govannen, mistress Fuiniel and master Ravi," the woman said. "You have arrived just in time."

Fuiniel just nodded hoping she could speak to the woman alone sometime. She tucked the elf's name in the back of her mind. Names, she had found over time, could be very powerful.

She glanced out the window and saw the elf leave, soon accompanied by another elf. She held her anger in check knowing that it was her duty to get along with such folk and that animosity would only harm her status and image. The elves soon separated each seeming very unhappy and frustrated. The male elf, Ravi, she reminded herself, stormed into the shop and instantly asked to join in the adventure. Fuiniel's eyes narrowed. Not only an elf, but a foolish one at that. Wishing to join in an adventure that he knew nothing about… she shook out her head. It was not her brashness after all and therefore she could not be responsible for it. However it did invoke the answer she had been waiting for.

Ihilad began to speak. "There is indeed a quest. You know of the history of this necklace and you know of the guardians. This woman is the messenger. We must aid her in raising an army of elves. Your part for the moment will be to present her to King Thranduil. That is, if she will have you as a companion." Fuiniel felt her stomach twist up. So this was her fate after all. To help rally the elves for a last stand. It sounded futile and a quest that would be sought in vain, but she had to push those feelings aside. Duty was her only choice now, duty to her squad, duty to her lineage.

"We will set out tonight after meeting in the local tavern. You are welcome to join us Mistress Fuiniel. Lord Pathonaman, you are welcome as well." She was just about to speak, when she heard the door open. It was a slight sound, but it caused her to look over her shoulder. Standing there, beckoning to her with his eyes was her second-in-command, Laversland. He was dressed in similar garb as she, but his hair was wet with sweat.

She looked back at Ihilad who seemed for the moment caught up in the affairs of the messenger. Pursing her lips she left the building. Her duty for the past came behind her duty for the present. She would have to catch up with them later. "Report," she barked to her subordinate, in a tone that was filled with her power and strength.

He bowed his head slightly. "I know that you told us not to summon you, cap'n, but my need is dire. Orcs have begun to flock in the western hills, too many of them to fight unguided. We need to call on Taversil's band and perhaps even Kainshen's as well if we hope to overcome them all. Already our casualties are worse than should be. I apologize that I was not able to command in your stead, but we are in great need of you cap'n."

Fuiniel looked back to the group gathering in the shop. That was her path, she knew, and she knew that she would get there eventually, but her troops needed her now and her loyalty to them was greater to any attempt to rally races of the past. "Let us go then," she remarked coolly, pulling her hood up over her head. The quickly walked to a pair of horses tethered at a hitching post. The horse she untied was as black as her own hair, with eyes that raved and showed a spirit near untamed. "Report back to the troupe. Rally our arms and prepare for battle. I will go to Taversil and convince him to help us on our front. I should be back within the day. Once I bring him however I will have to depart once more. You will then report to Traversil, however if he starts to do anything, anything you hear, that you think I would disagree with you may split forces. Try and do that after the enemy has been vanquished however. Good speed, good luck." She swung her leg over her midnight gelding and thundered out of the town, heading east.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It took Fuiniel two days to unite the two bands of rangers and get everything settled for the battle. She had not witnessed any of the orcs that Laversland had reported, however their stench was impossible not to notice. She had full confidence however that the two troupes would be able to conquer them or at least drive them elsewhere.

Bright and early the next morn she was on her way back to Andura. She knew that the company would have left by then, but hoped they had left enough tracks for her to find them. If not, she could always meet up with them at Thranduil's palace as Ihilad had said.

At about nightfall she reached the town, stopping shortly for a supper at the tavern. There she heard about the large fight with the orcs, surprised that Kainshen's ranger troupe had not taken care of it before civilians became involved. She made note of that, and decided that on her way she would have to stop by and have a talk with him. There were only a handful of true Dunedain left. They had a duty to the people that their ancestors had done for ages. But if Kainshen wasn't fulfilling his duty… She shook her head and set back out, her stomach full and her brain full of questions.

Fortunately the trail wasn't too hard to follow, it seemed that they had taken a horse with them that didn't know the art of not leaving a trail. Not many horses did now days, and she reflected that her own horse was probably making quite an easy trail to follow as well, though then she cared more for speed than caution.

Dawn of the next morning she came upon the campsite of Kainshen's troupe, or at least what was left of it. She had meandered off the companions' trail after smelling smoke and dry blood, and now her throat tightened. Spread before her was the worst evidence of carnage she had ever before witnessed. She quickly turned away, preferring not to emblazon her mind with the vandalism and dishonour the orcs had for their vanquished enemies. So now there are only seven of us, she thought glumly. How soon shall their not be a single Dunedain ranger protecting the people of Middle-earth? Farewell good brother. You served your bloodline well, but no bard will ever be able to sing of the last stand of Kainshen the Valiant. However she had noticed that the ratio of dead was greatly slanted towards those of the orcs. And that would explain how the companions were able to overcome so easily.

She picked up her pace, wanting to get as far from the bloody site as possible. About an hour after dusk she knew she was close. She dismounted from her horse and approached slowly and stealthily. After her long lifespan of being a ranger, it would take the sharpest most trained ears to be able to discern her minute noise from that of the general forest. She got close enough to discern what they were saying. Ihilad was telling them the story behind the necklace. Fuiniel had heard bits and pieces of it before, but it was nice hearing the full tale in one stretch.

"When the Eldar see that the newest generation would lose their lives to fight for Middle Earth, as many past generations have done, then they will rally easily." Fuiniel scoffed inwardly. They will not, she thought. When was the last time the elves all rallied together for a cause? End of the Second Age. They will not rally just because they see the young are brave. Many generations of men have been brave, willing to give up their life for a just cause. And what do the majority of the elves do? Sit in they're paradises, burying their pretty noses in lore of the ancient days. They will not help us. All of the companions were stating that they would be willing to die for the girl's cause. And die most likely we shall. All men have their day, it is just a matter of where and when that remain a mystery. She sensed a coming lull in the conversation and decided that she should reveal herself.

"You have not set a scout," she coldly reprimanded from the edge of the clearing. That certainly jarred them awake. A couple went for their swords, most heads just swiveled her direction. "You need not fear trouble from me, but there are others who would not be so kind. And not just orcs," she pointed out, seeing the hatred for the beasts marked in the eyes of each of the companions, "but wolves and wildcats, beings more stealthy than our brutish friends." As she said this one could sensed a smile underneath her hood. "I will take the first watch, though I need to know who to wake for the second."

[Edited on 27/4/2005 by ancalimeofnumenor]
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 03:49
Path eyed the girl warily, remembering that she had not answered his question about her business in Andura. She did not seem to be a friendly person. In fact, he sensed aloofness and scorn from her.

He found himself wondering where she was from and who she was. Ihilad seemed to know who she was, what she was and where she was from. Actually, Ihilad seemed to be rather friendly towards her in a way.

When she asked who she should wake for the second watch, Path volunteered, hoping to get a chance to question the woman.

"No, lord," Ihilad quickly interjected. The immortal woman used respectful titles for the group but she seemed to hold a higher status than most in the group.

Ihilad turned to Fuiniel with a smile on her face, "I will take the second watch for I shall be awake all night anyway. Come, Mistress Fuiniel, I wish to speak with you."

Ihilad and Fuiniel walked away from the fire together to a place where they could talk privately but Fuiniel could still keep watch. Ihilad wished to explain the Quest in more depth to Fuiniel. She knew of the woman's lineage but she wondered what Fuiniel knew of hers. She also had to explain how she planned to rally the elves to the cause. In the War of the Ring, the Elves had tended to stay more to themselves, defending their home realms rather than the whole of Middle Earth.

"Our race is dwindling on these shores, Fuiniel. I do not speak of the race of Man in whole, but rather the Dunedain. There are seven of your generation left but you are not the only generation left on these shores. I am immortal but I am Dunedain and the only one of my generation. However, Lithornlant, the niece of Aragorn, is the Queen of Mirkwood. To add to that, Aralinde, who is a guardian of Mithlond and wed to Manbechir, is from Numenor and one of the elf-friends. You will still have support and help from us in whatever you need. And do not forget the sons of Elrond," Ihilad added.

"You are sceptical of rallying the elves, just as I would be. However, unlike in the War of the Ring, the fate of their homeland rests in the fate of this land. The world is not divided place when it comes to good and evil. This is a battle they will and must fight. As to the elves on this shore, they have always fought along side us.

I am not sayong it will be easy. It will be hard but they will come in the end. Elrond, his sons and the guardians will play a large role in that."
ancalimeofnumenor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 08:25
Fuiniel's heart twisted inside her at the thoughts of her kindred but her face remained as passive as stone. She waited patiently until the woman stopped talking.

"And how do you know," she asked softly, "that at the first beconings of danger the elves will stand and protect a land that truely is not their home?" She looked the woman in the eyes. Ihilad, who's years surpassed even Fuiniel's own, but also the lover of an elf and a firm believer in their goodness. "How do you know that they will not flee to the sea, as they have done in the past?" She took a deep breath. "The sons of Elrond, along with many of the half-elves...they are different. They are bound to this land, as the men are. The true elves, they are bound to no-one but themselves."

She sighed, a deep heavy sigh, as one who has experienced many things, more of them depressing and bad, than good. Lithornlant, Aralinde and yourself were counted among my seven. Tanath, Jafaal, Eldil, and Geoff are the others. Perhaps... Were you aware of Michenil being taken by the orcs? It is safe to assume that he is either dead or in a state of mind so warped that he is no longer himself. Dejien went out to sea and has not come back. And, alas, Kainshen too is counted among the casualties of this endless war. Perhaps you had still counted those three among your count. We truely are dwindling fast."

[Edited on 28/4/2005 by ancalimeofnumenor]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 09:15
As Ihalad and Fuiniel went to talk, Ravi looked at Ramo. He walked over to her and said,"I recall you asked be about my sword, I would be most willing to tell you know if you are willing to listen still. Flameshots tale is both long and short. Also, I am still interested in learning about your sword if you are willing to tell me." Ravi smiled. Meeting Ramo had driven Lorien out of his mind. He had not thought of the cancelled wedding but, the glint in Ramo's eye had reminded him slightly of his ex-beloved Lorien of Lothlorien.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 02:28
RAmo was pleased when Ravi sat by her but hid it as best as she could. "My mother was a true Elf. She raised me in Imladris our life was very hard. She would leave every morning and I would be left to fend for myself. Soon I realized I had a fondness for horses." A small smile lightened her face in the firelight. "I met Navinai in the stables. He was very kind to me and we soon became friends." Her voice dropped and Ramo lowered her gaze to her hands, afraid to let Ravi see the tears in her eyes. "When Avanti, my mother, found out she was furious." A small shake of the head punctuated these words. "Navinai was soon sent to border patrol. Before he left he gifted me with Gurthdegir. Since then it has been my most treasured possesion." She clasped her hands tightly in her lap and tried to gain control of her breahting
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 01:48
"I know because it is the will of the Valar that they do," Ihilad replied. "While I am sure you have good reasons, I cannot understand your doubt of the faithfulness of elves. They will come. It is why they were granted immortality, so they could fight this last battle. If they will come for no other reason, they will come because Valanor is threatened as well. There is no place on Earth that is safe from this evil.

"And, no, I did not know of those three," she said, hanging her head. "I deeply grieve for our kin but we must be strong. This world needs us,” she looked up again at Fuiniel. “I am weary and wary of the world. I have suffered much in my many thousands of years as have you mayhap in your short lifetime. But the end is coming; there will be comfort for our grieving hearts soon. Do not give up hope. If we fight, we will win. However, know that it has barely even begun.”
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2005 08:16
Ravi was unsure how to react. He really wanted to say something but, he was at a lose for words."I...umm..." he faltered.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 01:15
Ramo blinked the tears away and smiled. "It was a long time ago. One of those things that are best forgotten." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "I have learned to live for today, never looking forward or behind. It gives me a hope."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2005 09:19
"That- That is acctually a good life's lesson. One hard learned by yours truely but, I deal with heartbreak a little differently." Hearing Ramos story had reminded Ravi of Lorien. "My sword however comes from acctually a long long time ago. Once handled by great kings you know." Ravi then told the story of his sword and how he had Been trained by a sorceress named Kiara to weild this sword and of how he would soon have to find someone else to train to wield the sword." Quite an interesting history. Not as tearjerking as yours though." Ravi hoped that telling Ramos the story of his sword after briefly mentioning a hint of Lorien, that Ramo would not inqure. Though he was not sure if he wanted her to inqure or not. He really wanted to both tell her and not tell her. This was very very strange for Ravi.
ancalimeofnumenor
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 12:38
Fuiniel looked at Ihilad with a grave severity. "Comfort in the end for you perhaps, but not I." She took a deep breath and stared out at the dark mists. "Death is the only thing that will bring me peace." There was a moment of silence, the weight of their long years weighing heavily on the two women. Fuiniel shook it off her shoulders. "I have not given up hope for the elves, I just do not trust them with my life or my future. We will see how they respond when the time comes. Now we must talk logistics. You told us in the shop that we would be starting with Imladris but it does not seem like you are headed in that direction. Where are we going? Have you considered yet what will happen if one of the Guardians refuses to help us? That and what we shall do once tha Guardians have gathered? We will want to speed things up a bit if we are to get to Greenwood, Imladris, Lorien, and Mithlond and convince their rulers to join our quest before the enemy begins to execute his ultimate plan. Considering that I was able to catch up to you after going all the way to my camp is evidence of how much faster we could be moving. How much longer before we get to the first destination?"
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 02:02
"Ah, death," Ihilad said giving thought to that morbid longing that had ben part of her for years. "I have often longed for that. Who knows, that may be the gift and comfort that waits at the war's end. It would bring peace, though not the peace that I have waited for."

She looked at Fuiniel. She saw in her eyes that the woman had felt the same weight on hr moments ago as Ihilad had. But Fuiniel had quickly shooved it aside. Ihilad sat silently for a moment as she allowed herself to really feel the weight as she had not done for a long time. She had learned to shoove it aside just as Fuiniel had done but it was still there.

How easy it could be for Ihilad to give up and forsake her promise to Elladan and the Valar. Once in her life she might have done so with only the slightest twinge to her conscience but it was not so now. With all that she knew now that she hadn't know then, she realized she didn't have the heart to leave the world to fight its own battle. She would see all through to the end, even if it cost her her life and happiness. She already knew what despair felt like but she would not feel it if she were dead.

A slight movement from Fuiniel drew Ihilad back to reality, where she would always find herself until the world ended.

"We are going to Old Lorien first," she answered. "If we move quickly, we will reach there in less than a week. There we will collect Haldir and Celeborn and move on to the Greenwood to find Arion and Thranduil as soon as we can. Out of all the guardians, the only one I can see refusing to help is Thranduil and that is only a slight chance. They have stayed on this Earth for too long to abandone it now. Then again, perhaps I put too much faith in them. We shall see. In the end, we will have to compensate for any missing part. It will be a blow but I at least will not allow it to stop us from winning this war."

"Imladris is our final stop. It is where we will hold council with the guardians and decide what is to be done. Sounds to be as slow a process as entmoot, doesn't it? But it is what happens when you grow ages old. You put much weight on your decisions, more perhaps than someone who is young."

Ihilad gave a slight chuckle at the thought of the old guardians meeting together. That was her sense of humor. They were not old in body but surpassed the age of most living creatures in mind.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email