Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Ranger's Winter ((slightly scripted but you're welcome to join! see OOC please!))
on: May 05, 2005 03:20
((OOC: so sorry for leaving for so long! i was really busy at a time, and had no time to do anything at all, and then i just forgot about this site...but im back now))

Fully relieved that the Nazgul left, Daergo went over by the others. He did not notice the newcomer at first because he was still anxious from the Nazguls' appearance, but seeing them leave left him very relieved. He sighed deeply, and looked around at the others. Rosie seemed to have been fine, having built a fire, which, Daergo assumed, was probably what caused the Nazgul to leave.

He chuckled to himself, knowing that the hobbit's building of a fire showed that she had more brevity than he, for he was terrified and defending himself only because he was too scared to run. He had a small smile on his face still when he looked at the others. It was then that he remembered that Erlindë was hurt. He also noticed that there was someone else there, and apparently, he knew Antanel.

Daergo left his thoughts and began to listen to the conversation between the others. "Halbarad! Where have you been, boy?" Ah, so they do know each other. But why is he here? What happened? Daergo thought.

"I find it odd that you call me 'boy' when I am forty years your senior. I see you've been socializing while escaping my watch." Daergo watched Halbarad as he spoke. Daergo felt that he should be trusted, since he knew Antanel, but Daergo was still curious as to what this man was doing.

"Oh! These are my friends. I know we must look a sight, but how many people do you know who look acceptable after fighting Black Riders?" Antanel introduced everyone; Daergo nodded to Halbarad. Daergo knew that if he knew Antanel, then there probably was no reason to feel suspicious, but that didn't prevent Daergo from wanting to know more about Halbarad.

Daergo watched as Antanel and Halbarad walked aside for a moment. He was curious as to what would be so secret and hoped that no more trouble was coming. Daergo would highly prefer that there was no more Nazgul or other creatures coming their way.

He looked away from the two discussing some matter just in time to notice Erlindë was awake. She seemed to be trying to stand up, which shocked Daergo since he did not think she would be well enough to stand up yet. Daergo watched as she slid off the side of her horse with a loud noise, and unusual noise for her. He took a couple of steps towards her, in case she needed help, but it was probably unnecessary for Antanel came quickly towards her.

((i hope thats alright, i havnt written too much of anything for a while))
Antanel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Ranger's Winter ((slightly scripted but you're welcome to join! see OOC please!))
on: June 01, 2005 06:20
(Wow...I really need to get back in Middle-earth...darn you, George Lucas! You're changing my obsessions! Ok, sorry, had to indirectly state that Star Wars seems to be taking over my life...again...

Ok, as a refresher of where Nel is at...she's asking Halbarad if something's wrong and then she gets to yell at Erlindë...hehehe...)

Halbarad looked sadly at Antanel and opened his mouth to answer her, when something caught her attention.

Erlindë was trying to get off the horse!

"Erlindë!" cried Antanel. She ran to where the Rangeress had already fallen, slowly inching closer and closer to her sword, laying unheeded. Kneeling down next to the other woman, she gave her an angry look. "What are you doing?! You could've hurt yourself worse than you already are! If you wanted your sword, you could have told me!" Standing up and running her hand over her hair, she added, "Valar help me, if I have to watch over you as well as myself, I'll..."

She was so angry, no, irritated, that she couldn't come up with an answer to her own statement. Instead, she walked away, muttering to herself.

After the fight with the Nazgul, Antanel's scolding wore her out. She was no longer annoyed at Erlindë, but felt guilty for snapping at her. She should have known better than to let her emotions get out of hand.

By the time she returned to where Erlindë fell, the Rangeress had gotten her sword back and was beginning to stand up. Antanel walked back to her and took her by the elbow, helping her up. "I--"

"You worry too much, Antanel." Erlindë shrugged her off and walked to her horse. "I'm doing just fine, I just bumped my head a bit...nothing to worry about."

And now Erlindë was retreating into herself. Antanel felt terrible. "Please, Erlindë. Let me apologise," she pleaded.

"Why should I?" She glared at Antanel. "After the way you try to control me? I understand you have to look after those you meet, but I assure you I can take care of myself. I don't need someone to be a mother hen, alright?" She turned around and strapped her sword to her waist.

Antanel was running out of things to say. Finally, she tried the pitiful voice. "I'm sorry. I'll try to worry less. I only do it because I worry about my friends." Walking away, she hoped her scheme would work.

(Okie, I hope that was worth the wait. Shay, I hope that works out alright...if not, you know I'll edit it...if I ever show up again Well, I'm out for now, laterz!)
Lady~Shay
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 03:32
(OOC:.....George Lucas, would you mind if you just....went away for a while??? we need Nel here to finish all our plans! lol...actually, you're doing a very good job with Erlindë...her individuality is not too difficult to learn over the past several posts )

"Erlindë!"

The rangeress stopped for a second and rolled her eyes but did not stop moving. Unfortunately, her legs were not responding and let her fall into an messy heap. She sat there with a blank expression, preparing for the lecture she knew she was about to recieve.

"What are you doing?! You could've hurt yourself worse than you already are! If you wanted your sword, you could have told me! Valar help me, if I have to watch over you as well as myself, I'll..."

Antanel stood and walked off her frustration for a few steps, muttering as she went. Erlindë did not wait for anything else and rolled up onto her hands and knees, crawling forward. Fortunately, the sword was only a few feet away. She retrieved it and sat, taking a deep breath before pushing up hard and trying to stand again. Antanel returned and took her by the elbow, helping her up. The rangeress was not about to be aided when she knew she could do it herself.

"You worry too much, Antanel." Erlindë shrugged her off and walked to her horse, back erect and proud. "I'm doing just fine. I just bumped my head a bit...nothing to worry about."

The other woman must have realized that Erlindë would pull inside herself to hide emotion. She hung her head.

"Please, Erlindë. Let me apologise," she pleaded.

"Why should I?" The rangeress spun and glared after Antanel. She was breathing hard, doing what she could to control her low level of tolerance of underestimation.

"After the way you try to control me? I understand you have to look after those you meet, but I assure you I can take care of myself." Erlindë paused. "I don't need someone to be a mother hen, alright?" She turned around and strapped her sword to her waist.

Antanel was running out of things to say. Finally, she tried the pitiful voice. "I'm sorry. I'll try to worry less. I only do it because I worry about my friends."

The woman turned and walked back to the small fire looking somewhat dejected. Erlindë glanced at her from the corner of her eye.

I know what you're doing. Come now Antanel, you know that I am not really angry.

She finished putting her sword in place, then walked towards the fire. Before sitting beside Antanel, Erlindë playfully pushed her over slightly with a cocky smirk.

"You do not play 'pitiful' well my friend."

The other smiled and nodded in acknowledgement.

Erlindë looked over at the ranger Halbarad.

"Welcome to our small contingent. You name is Halbarad, am I correct?" The ranger nodded.

"I am a friend of Aragorn. As you know we are on our way to Bree, but I think it best if we leave as soon as possible. First light, if we can manage." She looked at the others to see if they agreed. After what happened here, she felt that none of them wanted to stay longer than they had to.

(lol...i wanna get to Bree...had an idea of a bar brawl type thing...:angel: maybe if we get moving a lil more, we'll pick this thread back up...here's hoping)
Inspiring_Addiction
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 01:50
((OOC: Sorry I haven't posted! I thought this thread had died! But I have been alerted of its resurrection and have returned! YAY! Forgive me if this post isn't the best, and if anything needs to be changed just let me know.))

Nariel had fell to her knees after the nazguls had finally left. She had fell to her knees and grabbed the dirt, running it through her finger like some precious mineral. And she had watched. Never had she seen so much compassion between people, nor so much companionship. It all played by to her, in slow motion, as if time where slowing down to show her. To show her the type of life she had left.

And all this time sh had never known, never realized. And for those moments it was if she was invisible, just set there to watch, to listen. Anger, strenght, love, fear, friendship. It was all right here, all in front of her. And she knew not what to do with it. So she slow turned and looked away, choosing instead to watch the sky, and to think. She was deep in meditation only halfway understanding what was going on around her until a few words pulled her out.

"I am a friend of Aragorn. As you know we are on our way to Bree, but I think it best if we leave as soon as possible. First light, if we can manage."

Nariel slowly stood and walked towards the ranger. She walked with a pace unmatched. It wasn't the speed, no it was something else. And when everything had been so distinct moments aho now everything was merely a blur.

"Strider. Please tell me that this Aragorn you speak of goes by the name of Strider."
Antanel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2005 08:56
"Strider. Please tell me that this Aragorn you speak of goes by the name of Strider."

Antanel answered before Erlindë could. "You know Strider?" This was a new bit of information. She looked at the other rangers around her. "Seems to me that he knows everyone and their uncle!"

Nariel looked slightly shocked. "So it is the same man?"

Erlindë smiled and nodded. "Aye, it is the same man. We're hoping to find him in Bree, actually. But if he's not there, then hopefully we're not far behind on his trail. Which is why I want to get there as soon as we can. This lingering makes me nervous."

Antanel chuckled. "I know, my friend. Well, if you insist, I say we should get ready right about now." She went to her horse and mounted him. "Clap, old buddy, time to go back to the Bree-life."

Antanel waited patiently for the others to mount up.

(Short, I know, but nothing else is coming right now. I had a great time in Chicago, thanks for asking...though it was awfully cold and more expensive than I thought it would be, but it was still fun. Well, I'm back...hopefully for a much longer stay!)
Lady~Shay
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2005 05:48
(OOC: welcome back Nel! YAY! we're doin' sumfin!)

"Strider?" The elf Nariël questioned the group. "Please tell me that this Aragorn you speak of goes by the name of Strider."

Antanel answered with a comment, but Erlindë resolved that perhaps this newcomer wasn't so different after all. It may have just been too sudden that the two met, but the rangeress wanted to be sure that the rest of the journey would not be encountering dischord among the small company. She smiled at the elf who seemed to know Aragorn, as nearly all of them seemed to. "Aye, it is the same man. We're hoping to find him in Bree, actually. But if he's not there, then hopefully we're not far behind on his trail. Which is why I want to get there as soon as we can," she looked pointedly at Antanel. "This lingering makes me...restless." (had to change a word, sorry!)

"I know, my friend," Antanel answered. "Well, if you insist, I say we should get ready right about now." She went to her horse Clap and told him of what was going on.

Erlindë looked as though someone had told her she was going to something really special. The small crossroad town of Bree was hardly special. Dingy housing, muddy roads and somewhat less friendly inhabitants than the Shire-folk, but hardly disagreeable. The food and drink were decent, and that made things better.

Her black mare Émor looked happy to be getting on as well. She, like her mistress, would seldom stay in a place where there had been fighting.

Before they headed off again, Erlindë went to Rosie and offered a small portion of dried meat, which the hobbit lass accepted with a small smile. The girl seemed somewhat vacant; there was something on her mind, it was clear, but Erlindë let her have her thoughts to herself. Only for a few moments, as the others were almost ready to ride. Someone had put out the small but useful fire, others had gathered what belongings where out, and had packed them away. Hardly anything needed to be done. The rangeress turned back to Rosie.

"Come. You will have some for your thoughts while we ride. It is not very far to Bree," she smiled sympathetically at the hobbit. Rosie had much to sort through, no doubt, after an encounter with Ringwraiths. Few had the 'pleasure'. Few would have been as well as she seemed after it was over.

Rosie was placed in the saddle and Erlindë mounted behind. They were all ready for the ride to Bree with hopes of news of the man Aragorn.
Antanel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 08:33
As they rode, Antanel couldn't help but let her mind wander. It had been far too long since she had a decent amount of sleep and the monotony of the bouncing horse made her eyes droop. Yet, she wouldn't let herself fall asleep, not until everyone was safely to Bree.

Then the question hit her. What if Strider wasn't at the Pony when they arrived? Antanel wasn't overly fond of wild goose chases, so if he was gone, she was going to get very annoyed. She needed to tell someone, so she made Clap fall back to ride beside Erlindë and Rosie, who had fallen asleep.

"I need to ask you something," Antanel whispered, so not to wake the hobbit lass.

Erlindë looked at her expectantly.

"It may just be me worrying again, but what if Strider's gone when we get to Bree? I won't drag everyone with me to follow his trail, but I don't want to leave everyone alone, especially Rosie."

The Rangeress yawned. Antanel wasn't the only one sleepy that night. "We keep following him. If our friends leave us to follow their own paths, then it's their choice. You need not worry about them when you have yourself to worry about."

Antanel nodded, understanding the wisdom in Erlindë's words. Then, her eyes strayed to another slumping form ahead of them. It seemed to her then, that in all the excitement of fighting off the Nazgul and taking on new friends, Ardan had stopped talking to her.

Why did that make her sad?

"He has a lot of weight on his shoulders, too, Nel," Erlindë said softly. Antanel turned to her friend, a look of shock on her face. Erlindë chuckled. "I saw the way you two acted in the Shire. If there ever was a flame between you both, then one adventure and a few nights of travel aren't going to douse it."

Antanel was truly glad she had befriended this woman. "You won't tell anyone else? I just don't want rumors flying about."

"Tell anyone what?" Erlindë winked at her comrade.

Antanel smiled. "Thank you, Erlindë," she said, and continued riding eastward.

(I thought this needed a bump. Hopefully the others will come back soon! We're having a bit of slow moment here, lol. Laterz!)

(Oh, Shay? I absolutely adore your sig pic, totally awesome!!!)

[Edited on 1/9/2005 by Antanel]
Lady~Shay
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 08:47
(OOC: *looks around...notices that RW has been posted in* YAY! ok, now we've gotta get tower and Laisi in here for Rosie and Ardan...where *did* everyone go? oh the sig pic? thanx, i love those...the only prob was that i couldn't find one that had 'sing as if no one listens' AND 'dream as if you'll live forever'....and i wish i could customize one....there are some pix i really like in one or two, but some pix don't really fit....oh well, i like what i've got and onwards!)

They had not been riding long before Rosie leaned back against Erlindë in sleep.

Good; she must sleep while she can...she may not be very comfortable in Bree.

The woman took a deep breath, clearing her thoughts somewhat and bringing them back to her surroundings and friends. Most of them were quiet, but that was very understandable. They were all tired after a sleepless night. As it was, Erlindë was sure she would have no difficulty finding sleep when they reached Bree, thought it was a new place that reeked of smoke and beer. Those sights and scents she was not unfamiliar to.

She saw Antanel pull back a bit and slow to ride beside her. The rangeress looked very tired, but with something on her mind.

"I need to ask you something," Antanel whispered, careful of the sleeping hobbit.

Erlindë waited, knowing she would continue when she was ready.

"It may just be me worrying again, but what if Strider's gone when we get to Bree?" Antanel questioned. "I won't drag everyone with me to follow his trail, but I don't want to leave everyone alone," she paused; "especially Rosie."

Erlindë could not hide a yawn before answering Antanel. "We keep following him. If our friends leave us to follow their own paths, then it's their choice. You need not worry about them when you have yourself to worry about," she spoke, knowing that the other understood her meaning.

Antanel had taken much responsibility on herself, mostly because it was she who had received the message to come to Bree, but also because the rest of the company was following her. Erlindë watched as the tired woman gazed forward, thinking on what had been said, but her eyes eventually rested on the somewhat slumped form of Ardan riding ahead. Erlindë smiled slightly, and sympathetically. She had seen them together and understood, to a degree, what the other was thinking.

"He has a lot of weight on his shoulders, too, Nel," Erlindë said softly. Antanel turned to her friend, a look of shock on her face.

"I saw the way you two acted in the Shire. If there ever was a flame between you both, then one adventure and a few nights of travel aren't going to douse it," she said, wanting to keep her friend from seeing the attraction as a weakness, or a distraction. Of all things, it might be very good for the rangeress to have someone to become close to on the journey. Especially because Erlindë had a feeling that their journey would only begin in Bree, and that Aragon was not there.

Antanel looked a bit embarrased at being found out, but also look like she was glad that the one who knew was not a 'threat'. "You won't tell anyone else? I just don't want rumors flying about."

"Tell anyone what?" Erlindë winked at her comrade. This will be *very* interesting...

Antanel smiled. "Thank you, Erlindë," she said, and continued riding eastward.

You are welcome, mellon nín. Erlindë squeezed slightly against Émor's sides, urging the mare forward. The others looked and picked up their pace as well. This way, they would be faster to Bree, and perhaps understand more of why they were sent there.

Perhaps...

(...k, i hope we can keep this going!)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email