Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Wanderer's Tale- Free for All
on: February 20, 2005 04:53
Reora had hardly an idea of what she was doing when she called the smith. This was her first time baragining. She showed him the weapons, and he named a price much too low. "Five silverpennies." Reora shook her head. "Ten." She offered. The smith thought a moment, then said "Eight." Reora still wasn't satisfied with this price. "Nine- that is my final offer." The smith grunted, but gave in. He counted out nine silverpennies and gave them to Reora. Good, she thought, I'm glad that is done with. She walked over to the other's.

(I didn't know what currencey (?) to use so I thought silverpennies would be okay)
Eowyns_Horse
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 04:09
Ithua thought a minute about Siladan's comment.
"I guess I still have some making up to do after the way we met," she responded with a sheepish smile, "but I assure you I'll be a benefit to you and the rest of the party. You don't have to worry about me trying anything else." She glanced at Reora again as she haggled with the smith.

((When I said 'knowledge is power' I didn't mean Ithua would try to take over or anything! :angel: Maybe I used the wrong inspirational phrase...)
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 11:55
(That's not what I was refering to, She;'s just suspicious.)

"Not a bad deal for these old things, I'm surprised you could get anyone past six, but nine."

Siladan stepped out for a while, thinking, and just enjoying the scenery, then she went back in and began talking to the others.

"How are we to split this between four people? Or does Ithua not get anything as she was not in that party?"
wavecaller
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 12:00
Rhiatha thought over how to divide the money between the four of them as Siladan raised the question. "We could each take two and leave one for travelling expenses like bridge tolls. Or the first three of us could take two, give Ithua one, and save the last two for travelling. Or the first three of us could each have three and help pay for Ithua's travels among us. I do not care how we divide it. I have some money from my last few winter jobs. If any of you think of a different way, I will be glad to listen, but I will not need much money for a while." She shifted her pack to her other shoulder. "In the meantime, let us head for the wilderness supply store and the gate out of town." She began walking down the road at an easy pace as they all thought things over.
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 05:45
Siladan waited for the others to make their decision and take their money, she had more than enough to spare, but it never hurt to have a little extra.

"Mine are up for grabs, that's three each."
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 08:33
"I do not really care how the money is divided, either." Said Reora, "I just say we save it for our travelling needs." She was ready to go, not stay in the smith all day. "Do you have any objections, Ithua?"
Eowyns_Horse
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 02:05
"It's fine with me if we pool it all for traveling expenses, and dividing it is okay too. I will barely need any money at all--I can always find myself something to eat if I need it. Feel free to do whatever you all want."
wavecaller
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 10:48
Rhiatha shrugged as everyone agreed that they didn't care much about what to do with the money. "I suppose we shall save it for inns and bridges or the like, then. In the meantime, here's the wilderness resupply store. All of you can buy food or whatever else you need for the journey ahead. I won't be too long." She stepped into the shop and looking over the shelves of travel bread and rolls of cloth that she could use as bandages.
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 11:05
Reora walked through the store, picking up various dried foods. She didn't think she needed much; she had her sword, Ember, and the clothes on her back. She payed for her items, and impatiently waited for everybody else. Reora wanted to get moving.
Eowyns_Horse
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 12:27
Since she wouldn't be needing to buy much food, Ithua only picked out a few of her favorite foods that could only be gotten in town. "I'm ready to go when everyone else is."
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 04:53
Siladan grabbed some simple utility knives and basic food items, a medicine bag, and some torches. When she paid for the items, she headed for the exit, once outside, she blessed her weapons, for she knew they would be sheding more blood soon.
wavecaller
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 06:45
Rhiatha grabbed travel bread, a small wheel of her favorite hard cheese wrapped in canvas, a length of gut thread for stitching wounds, and a roll of linen for bandages. She could sanitize it later on the road. She paid for her purchases and put everything into her pack as she walked outside with the others. "The gate out of town is this way. As soon as we're far enough away from the town that no one can hear us, Ithua can tell her story and I can tell you more about the mountain range that we will journey through to reach the Elvish treasure." Rhiatha walked down the road an turned a corner to reach the gate. She led the others out and began to walk down the narrow road that led the mountains. She felt slightly guilty about not telling everything earlier, but anyone in town could sell the information for a lot of gold. I hope everyone is still willing to come along after I say that the mountains are on the borders of Mordor. Even with Sauron gone, all sorts of things live in the heights and depths....
((OOC: If you look at the map section, you'll notice that Mordor is surrounded on a few sides by mountains. More potential for interesting evil creatures that aren't many other places in Middle-Earth. Feel free to use any evil creature that suits your fancy, just try to keep it mostly Tolkien canon (no vampires, for example.) I would like to keep this thread Tolkien-related and not have it moved to monkeygames if it becomes non-Tolkien. Thanks!))
Satan_Barbie
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 11:24
((Hallo! May I join? I'll put up my character in the database... later tonight... ))

A figure with mud-stained brown breeches atop a brown horse looked sorrowfully at a map, turning it this way and that in a desperate attempt to read it. The rider's head flipped this way and that before bowing dejectedly and tossing the map onto the road behind the mare.

The rider had brownish-black hair tied up neatly in a bun with a piece of forest-green leather, two metal stakes stuck in it as well. Her washboard figure was covered by a stained white shirt, the type of person where you'd have to look twice to make sure she actually is a girl. Several packs were tied to her horse, and a rather large sack was tied around her stomach. A glint of metal caught her hazel eyes, and she looked up to see the travelers.

A thin smile crept upon her lips as she dismounted the horse. Opening her pack and approaching them with something that appeared to be mithril. "Hello!" she said cheerfully. "Might you be interested in purchasing some of my lovely wares?"
Eowyns_Horse
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 02:55
Absorbed in thought as she walked along the road, Ithua didn't notice the smell of the stranger as she normally would have. A skinny figure of indeterminate sex was approaching the party on the road, astride a horse laden with bulging packs.
The figure, now apparently a girl, spoke. "Might you be interested in purchasing some of my lovely wares?" She was offering something that looked like mithril...but Ithua was skeptical of its quality, given the seller's grungy shirt.
Still, it never hurt to be polite. "Hi," said Ithua. "I don't know if I'll end up buying anything, but I'd certainly like to see these 'wares'."
Satan_Barbie
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 05:13
The girl swept a bow, curtsies often causing her to stumble, and grinned at the woman approaching. "But of course!" she said. "Now, what can I interest you in? Perhaps some mithril? Smelted and smithed in a newer style which is more fashionable, even easier to maneuvar in, and a fraction of the cost." The material glinted in the scant rays of sunlight that belted down upon it.

"Or, a weapon might be more your style," she said, considering this, and yanking at the saddlebag of her horse. The mare, quite used to this treatment, moved aside and allowed her to extract something from her bag. "This metal, for instance," she said, stroking the blade, "will never rust. The hilt," she pointed out, tapping it, "has a built in compartment, in which to store poisons, antidotes, or even a love letter!" Her voice sounded somwhat forced, as if all the cheer possible from her surroundings had been sucked inside her throat in order to make her smooth, somewhat less than melodic voice as coated with syrup and honey as possible.

She held out the blade for the possible customer to investigate, free hand tightening the grip on the bag around her waist. Oddly, it didn't jingle as a money purse might be expected to, but still appeared filled to the brim. "And, these are just for starters!" she finished, yellow teeth glinting mischievously.
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 11:59
Siladan walked over to them, wathced closely every motion the preceded and examined the blade that was proffered Ithua.

"If there is an empty compartment in the hilt, the blade will be off balance, and thus, of little use."

She also examined the woman and her horse, both malnourished.

"If your goods are of such quality, why do you not sell?"
wavecaller
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 05:14
((Sorry if I haven't been too quick to post- my schedule is demonic, but I'll be in as much as I can. Welcome to the thread, Satan_Barbie!))
Rhiatha frowned slightly as the Siladan asked the stranger why the goods weren't selling, which was a valuable point. Frodo's legendary mithril shirt would have been worth enough to buy most of the Shire, and she hadn't heard of any new source of mithril. She glanced closely at the armor and noticed that it seemed to be slightly lumpy in a few places. Mithril work was known for its delicacy and beauty, and this seemed to be poor craftsmanship under the silvery sparkle. She also agreed with Siladan's point about a compartment making the sword useless. Dwarves and Elves crafted mithril, and none of them would ever make a shoddy sword out of such valuable materials.
Rhiatha caught Siladan's eye as she walked forward and nodded slightly. They would have to watch this stranger very carefully. She might be harmless, but Rhiatha was suspicious of the bulging bag at her side. Rhiatha pointed slightly at the bag when she saw Siladan looking back at her and Siladan nodded back. The bag could contain poison, a small knife, eggs of a giant spider, or nearly anything else that was dangerous. Rhiatha forced herself to keep her tone light. "What are you doing out in the wilderness with such valuable goods? Bandits could steal them, and surely you do not wish to lose your source of income." Rhiatha ordinarily wouldn't fear the lone stranger, but the strange sack gave her an odd feeling that she couldn't quite shake.
Satan_Barbie
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 05:58
She tossed her head back, laughing lightly. "Oh, I'm sorry, I should have explained. I make all of this myself. Surely you understand that few men are willing to buy merchandise from a woman, and few women carry around enough gold to buy that which I create. And if you'll examine the sword closer, you'll see that the hole's perfectly set in the complete center of the hilt. This also makes the sword itself seem slighlty heavier, faster when coming on a downwards attack. Try it out, I emplore you!"
Her fingers brushed against the bag by her side reassuringly, almost as if she were petting it...
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 04:19
Reora watched warily as the woman displayed her wares. 'Mithril', a strange sort of sword, armor, ect. She joined the others skeptically, and felt they didn't trust this woman either. 'I must not be too judgemental.' She told herself, 'Ithua gave a strange first impression, and she is not terrible at all.' Reora spoke nothing, but watched the woman stroke a bulging bag at her side.
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 12:46
"Indeed, my friend, but our dear Ithua still hasn't explained herself yet and perhaps is simply searching for the perfect time to kill us all, but this woman seems far more inconspicuous, thus very suspicious."
wavecaller
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 05:38
((Once again, my schedule has become demonic. I'm being dragged off for an educational vacation and may not be able to post again before I leave. If you post soon, I may be able to get in one more. My schedule will be normal again in about a week, I promise. Everyone have fun with the thread!))

Rhiatha grinned slightly as Ithua gasped in shock at Siladan's comment about her possible intentions. The point was a valid one, but Ithua was already trusted a little. She seemed honest enough, and she didn't seem the type of person to kill them all in their sleep. This stranger, however, gave her an odd feeling, especially when she was petting the bag with that odd smile on her face. Who knew what she could be hiding inside it? "We should be careful before we decide anything. Anything could happen if we drop our guard. Anyway, stranger, who are you and why are you out here in the middle of nowhere? Few seek to travel this road, especially alone and without any true weapons besides those 'mithril' swords."
Eowyns_Horse
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 06:25
((Sorry I haven't posted much, I've had a play rehearsal almost every night for a few weeks...))

Recovering her composure after hearing Siladan's comment--Well, after all, I didn't introduce myself in a very flattering way--Ithua voiced her agreement with Rhiatha and the rest of the party. "Though you seem friendly enough, we don't know why you're here, and one doesn't survive long in the wilderness without a proper sense of caution." Which Siladan certainly has. With the arrival of this stranger, how will I ever find time to tell my tale and alleviate everyone's distrust?
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 09:15
"What, stranger, is in your purse?"

Siladan felt a sudden sense of unease as she asked the question, but she let none show in her voice or composure. She was begining to believe this stranger would gladly show them exactly what was in that bag, and it would not be to their liking.
wavecaller
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 10:58
Rhiatha tensed and gripped the hilt of her javelin as the stranger's hand darted toward the large pouch at her belt. The packs of "mithril" goods may have been rubbish, but the pouch could contain nearly anything that could kill them all. At least they would find out what was in the pouch now instead of later when it would be more important to the quest. Everyone was ready to grab a weapon and fight if the stranger tried anything dangerous.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email