Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
Post How did you pick your name ?
on: November 07, 2002 10:25
There are so many unusual and creative user names...I just wonder how you picked them. (Mine is plain...I'm a Celtic- warrior woman in my heart, and I have a strong Celtic ancestry that I identify myself with.) So how did you choose these interesting names?
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: How did you pick your name ?
on: November 07, 2002 10:31
Mine just popped into my head one day, and I've used it ever since...my only gripe is that other poeple also thought of it.On the comic website fraud of the rings, pippin is pipsqueak, and we have a pippinsqueak on this site as well...sigh.
The_Lady_of_the_Wood
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 10:33
She is my favorite character and the most beautiful woman I've ever read described.
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 10:41
Well it's not hard to figure where I got mine.

I love that adorable Took ^_^ and he brings me much joy and happyness when I read the book and watch the movie, in which case that's where the "bliss" comes from, lol.

Lol ever felt a bit Tookish at one point =P I know I have!
Elladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 10:47
Well I have found myself in many places in this life so far even though i am only twenty, but the places i have been and the people i have met have all been wonderful, but in the end of every experience I find myself alone kind of like a Ranger. I have found also that there is no place more than ME that I want to see now, and to meet elves, Elladan is the son of Elrond which means Man of the elves i believe, so thas what i am a man of the elves
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 10:48
Lol ever felt a bit Tookish at one point =P I know I have!

I love how Bilbo's " Took" side keeps overtaking him in the Hobbit...
Lisa_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 10:49
Well, Mine aint all that creative, but there is a somewhat of a story behind it.
My real first name is Lisa, that much is simple. But My friends have always called Me Legolas. Because I act so much like him. Like I'm a wiz at Archery, I like to frolic, I can ride bare-back, and I braid My hair in the same manner.
So My name is a mix of My two names in real life Lisa (My first name) And Legolas (My nick-name)
~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~
Queen of the Dark Nine
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 10:49
Well, I just LOVE :love: the Ringwraiths! :evil: Sooooo cool! (I would absolutly kill to play one in the movies!) Anyways, I notcied that there weren't "many" female Ringwraiths, and I had never even heard of a Ringwraith Queen.... Sooo I decided to be the first and only one.. And since I knew about the King of Angmar, I chose to be the Queen... (later I found out that there was already a King of Angmar here... )
Syriana
Queen Of Rain
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 10:59
Kinda difficult to explain how I mine.
Let me just say that I love Elves:love:,and i wanted a name that sounded Elvish.After some thought(about 5 minutes)I came up with this one.No it is the only one I use!
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 11:15
Ringhilwen means "Crowned Lady" in elvish, and it just sounded so nice (and abbreviates so nicely) that I thought it would be a nice choice.
Orosarniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 11:19
I got my from the Barrow Downs website. In Sindarin, Orosarniel means "Maiden of the Stone Mountain"
Furry-footed_Nerf_Herder
Pippinatic
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 12:08
Well, my name...
I LOVE hobbites:love:, therefore, furry-footed
and, I like star wars and princess leia calls han a scruffy-looking nerf herder, hence the nerf herder, I thought it would be unique, but often it just tends to confuse ppl.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 12:20
"Scothia" is a nod to my Scots/Celtic heritage. Scothie was a fierce and noble woman in ancient Celt legend who trained warriors. There is also a character by that name associated with some of the stories about St. Patrick. I decided to pay homage to them, although I changed the last vowel because I like the sound of it better, and because it sounds more disctinctly feminine. Scothie the warrior-woman dealt in swordplay, but never left off being verra verra female. I like that. Scothie in the St. Patrick story was dignified, loyal and a strong woman of faith. I like that too.
Brienne_of_Tarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 05:14
Mine is my favourite female character from a book I'm translating at the moment, Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire". Brienne is a female knight.
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 05:22
Parmadur means "lover of books" in Quenya. I didn't come up with it - my boyfriend did - but it seemed like the perfect name to use when I joined this site. The avatar goes really well with it, too.
Saruman_the_White
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 05:30
This name is taken straight from the book.
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 05:30
well, the idea first popped into my head when I heard of the title "Pervy-Elf-Fancier".. and I saw a very large club of them on a website dedicated to elves once, and I thought to myself. "you know, there are elf fanciers, hobbit fanciers and even men fancers, but why arn't there any Orc fanciers that I know of, or have seen yet? do they keep themselves locked in a closet so no one can see their true pervishness? there needs to be an Orc Fancier! and since I fancy orcs, I'll be one!I will NOT lock myself away from the LOTR fans! I will reveal my fondness for Orcs! I AM NOT AFRAID!!!" and I stood up, and said:"I shall be Pervy Orc Fancier!"
and now, very often, my screen name will be POF.. ^.^
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 06:04
PoF, yes, you are definitely one of kind! Without you and BondageOrc , CoE's entire balance would be thrown off....I'm a PmF myself, if it were all PmF and PeF....I just don't know. And you keep the balance all by your lonesome. You carry the weight of us all....
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 06:09
*sniffle* I know.. I know.. its hard being one of the only ones.. ^^;; but atleast I'm open.
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 06:14
It's not only PmF and PeF!
I'm a
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 06:16
It's not only PmF and PeF!
I'm a

LOL, I think we all know that by now!
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 06:18
just making sure!!!
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 06:22
Yes, why do we all love Pippin? I had a dream that they were all in my house ( the cast), and I kept trying to get Billy away from the others..why? I don't know. It must be his scottishness . He's soo perfect in that role,..but I digress..

[Edited on 8/11/2002 by highlandergirl]
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 06:26
I've never had any hobbit in any of my dreams.. just the odd dreams with Orcs, a stick, cactus's, cheese, nazi's, fruit juice, blobs and ofcourse: me.

..sometimes people HATE my user name and flame me for it.
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 06:41
Yes, why do we all love Pippin? I had a dream that they were all in my house ( the cast), and I kept trying to get Billy away from the others..why? I don't know. It must be his scottishness . He's soo perfect in that role,..but I digress..

[Edited on 8/11/2002 by highlandergirl]

Hah, it's cos he's so smart and brave! Actually, I admire him for his cheerfullness...it seems foolish at times, but it was very hard to be cheerfull;yet he kept it up. I hope that if I ever meet trouble like that, I'll have the same attiitude.
rinquellewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 07:16
My name means from what i have learned 'friend of the elves'. I like to think I am in my dreams so i figured to go ahead and use the name
Calledor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 08:16
Calledor is just one of many names I went and made for a hero in a story. I like the ring to it. Although it works out well for middle-earth because Cal means light. So I just translate it myself to mean "light of the land". At least that's the translation I plan to use in my fanfic that I'm writing. So you know, there you go
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: November 08, 2002 02:06
Mine comes from an original fic I wrote a number of years ago about a Cajun girl and her brother. It's been with me for almost 10 years now. Known all around the 'net as Belle. LOL..
elrine_rose
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2002 11:36
My name has no real meaning, because well, I made it up! Elrine Rose was originally a ficticious, email rp elfess character that I created and has since evolved into a kind of 'net personae for me.

I noticed something funny about the name about a month ago. You see in my mind you pronounce her name "L (like the letter) - REEN" but the way I spelled it doesn't look like it should sound that way. Did that make any?
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: November 08, 2002 11:49
Well mine's pretty easy to figure out..inspired by Eowyn. I'd like to say that I spelled it with an A to be unique and creative...but I was going for Eowyn, was typing too fast (I was just so excited to join and comment in the gallery) and was too busy chuckling over the comment I was putting in to realize that I'd misspelled the name...lol!:blush: Well, then I hit "submit" and the rest is history.
Plus, spelling isn't really the Rohirrim's strong point.
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2002 05:05
I like that spelling better anyway, and it makes you unique
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: November 08, 2002 05:40
Thanks!
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: November 08, 2002 05:45
k

hmm what can i say.

lol well its short for my name

id like to say its cus i was in too big a rush to join up that i couldnt think of anything cool..... but no i just have no imagination!

i thought of changing it once but its kind of grown on me!!

i didnt really think before i joined up though- people say

k instead of ok and i say huh?

it can get a tad annoying and very confusing lol

ashe
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2002 06:12
Well mine name isn't really special or anything. it goes back to dirtbikes(of course).
My friend and i got in a really bad wreck about a year ago(i wasn't driving by the way), and there was a guy riding around on a 4-wheeler. She decided to go flying over the train tracks. Yes train tracks.(thats just askin for trouble).Needless to say it didn't work. When we finally came to our sences and got up off the ground, we realized he was just sitting there laughing at us. Somebody had been buring trash and i landed in the ashes.(she landed beside them.) I was lying on the ground,covered in ashes, and he was like way to go, he thought for a second(im sure he hurt himself) and he was like Ashe. Then everyday at school thats what he called me so it kinda stuck. So i decided to use it here. End of story.
striders_ghirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2002 06:48
I love Aragorn, but think Strider's a cooler name.

And h in ghirl , cause Celtic FC are nicknamed the bhoys, so its sort of a way of showing you're a Celtic fan !
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email