Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Dwindling of the Elves (please join)
on: January 18, 2005 08:11
Narya spun round. " Be quiet!" She whispered. Her hand was resting on the hilt of her sword, and she was keeping a close eye on Legolas and Aerhiril.

Legolas had fixed an arrow in his bow with one swift movement."Now what?" Aerhiril asked him, as she looked desperatly around them. Any moment now something would jump out at them, she could sense it...
Legolas stepped protectively towards Aerhiril's horse, and took hold of the reigns. " You wait.." He whispered. Suddenly, the rustlings made sense as 6 spiders jumped out at them.
"Wait for what?" Aerhiril held her bow up out of defense and shock as the spiders all leapet out towards them at un unthinkable speed. She glanced at legolas to see if she was allowed to fire, afterall he knew the spider's way of attacking better than she did. The nosril's of the flared as it's eyes showed white with fear of the fowl creatures, and yet it stood it's ground.

Legolas disappeared as he was swamped with spiders. He shot one in the eye, but it didn't back off. Although he was an unbelievable fighter, he needed back up. He heard a growling noise...
Aerhiril took this as a 'yes', and fired her first arrow which thankfully found its mark and sent one of the six to the ground. She fired another shot which was less succesful than the first. But when a wolf lept into the clearing she bearly had time to react as it too sprang into the pile of spiders attacking the prince. To her surprise, the spiders scattered and Legolas reappeared. She turned to shoot one that had attempted to get behind the back of the horse, and it screeched when the hoof of the animal came down hard on one of it's legs.
The wolf ran around, barking, and biting the spider's legs. Then, Narya' horse got into it. He wasn't going to let anyone attack his mistress' brohter. A spider scuttled forwards swiftly, and suddenly hit the wolf to the side, almost knocking him out. Aerhiril and Legolas were frozen to the spot.
"Get your bow out," Aerhiril said desperatly. She may have been scared; but all they could do now was kill as many as they could.
" Unless you haven't noticed, there are too many for us. We need more help!" Legolas shouted over the noise of the spiders. But help came. As soon as Narya had seen the Wolf get knocked out of the way, she had sprang out, sword drawn. She hacked away at the spiders, her eyes burning. There were many of them, much more than she had been pitted against alone before. " Thorongil! Sellaurea!" She called hoping they would hear her. She moved like lighting, dealing swift, heavy blowed to the spiders' hard bodies.
Aerhiril saw Inwe jump in behind her, with her sword drawn. At that moment she drew her own sword, knowing that arrows often had little use against the spider's tough bodies. One that leapt at her soon came to a nasty end as the force of it's leap left the point of her sword in the soft underbelly that was just as grusome as the blood that spewed out of it. It fell to the floor in spasms as she wrenched her blade away to fight off another.

Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 11:22
Pete sunk into a chair, still unable to believe his luck. He seemed to be looking at a Hobbit who was an exact copy of himself; they had always been the troublemakers as children, although Pete often considered himself to have always been the brains behind the plans.

"So how are you here?" Pete asked his cousin. His wicked side seemed to have been lost with age, where as Pete's was still as fresh as the new spring.

"Well, a couple months after you left, I decided to go out traveling by myself." Dale replied with a wave of his hands. "But I have not been anywhere since I set up home here... I officially consider myself retired." He folded his arms and sunk even deeper into his chair. Pete scoffed. "Retired from what?"

"From traveling," Dale said with a smile. "I shall stay put here until the rest of my days." He grinned, quite content with the thought.

"But you're younger than I am! You can't seriously think about staying here forever," Pete said with amusement.

"Only by one year my good hobbit! And besides that point, I have had enough. Unlike you I am happy here." He sighed and twiddled his hair. "Now, what have you been up to since you left the Shire. Do you intend to go back?"

"No," Pete replied. "Not yet, I am going to Mordor instead." he grinned; now it was his turn to shock.

Dale almost jumped out of his seat, his eyes wide with surprise.
"You're mad!" He squeaked, the tales of that dark land had sent him into fear of the very name."Madder than old Baggins! You're crazy! Why on earth would you want to go there?"

"I don't want to;" Pete protested. "I am following Narya there. I feel I have to."

Dale's merry face sobered and he looked darkly down at Pete. "You ought to be careful around her; a lovely lady she may be, but she's a warrior at heart... and in her eyes everyone else should be." He turned to look into the fire place, where small embers were crackling quietly illuminating the rest of the room. Pete was watching him carefully, unsure of what he meant.

"Be careful cousin, she'll give you a sword, a horse and then send you off to war."

"Don't be so silly;" The Hobbit in the chair replied as he shook his head adamantly. "She wouldn't try that,"

"She already has, you're going to Mordor, aren't you?" Dale replied.

"That has nothing to do with it... you're being silly. Now," he said as he stood up. "Would you like to see me out?"

"Of course," he said. And then both hobbits moved towards the door.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 01:03
Inwë unsheathed her sword and started slashing spiders. It was disgusting to her but her friends were in trouble.

(((Sorry it's short. I didn't know what else to post.)))

[Edited on 10/30/2004 by TheElvenPrincess]
Laurie_Rokkoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 02:37
((Goodiee!!! Action! I need to borrow Thorongil, that OK?))

Sellaurëa listned as Thorongil wondered aloud whether coming into the tunnel was a good idea. She replied,

"I don't know the answer to that one...it depends on who's asking. If you're looking for a fight or some mystery, sure, it was a good idea. But if you're not..." she quickly whipped out her Elven sword and began practicing battle stances as they walked, "...probably would have been best to stay at camp. Boring, nothing-to-do, camp." She punctuated her sentence with a slash through the air and finished with a deep lunge. Thorongil glanced at her and smiled a bit, then held the torch up higher. He was about to continue walking when Sellaurëa grabbed his arm. He gave her a questioning look.

"What are you d..."

"Shh! I hear something." she replied. They stood stock still and listened, then Sellaurëa heard a faint call.

Thorongil! Sellaurëa!

"That sounds like Aerhiril!" exclaimed Thorongil. Sellaurëa bit her lip, then said:

"I'm going to go see if she need's help...by the sound of it, she might. Are you coming?" Without waiting for him to answer she turned around and fled back towards the sound of Aerhiril's voice.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 06:56
Thorongil caught up with Sellaurëa in no time, his sword already in his hand.
Narya was in danger, and if she was, the others were in danger as well.
They were not fat off, surrounded by spiders.

Thorongil climbed his horse, blew his horn.
The attackers hesitated, their eight eyes looked behind.
A great black steed came upon them, trampled them into the grass. The steel pierced them, the horse neighed loudly.
" Need a hand, Narya? " Thorongil asked as he rode up next to her.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 07:49
Aerhíril's face filled with relief as she saw Thorongil and Sellaurea come to their aid swiftly and effectively. She cut down another spider as the numbers of them started to dwindle, and the few that were left either started to fight for their lives or flee back into the forest, finally deciding that this 'meal' would not be worth the effort or the risk. The others continued to fight with out mercy; and soon every last spider would be part of the bloody mass on the floor.

"Well then," Pete said as Dale opened the door for him. "Care to join me to the entrance of your tunnel? It is a long way to the forest from here; and I could use the company my good host."

Dale grumbled and stepped outside, and slammed the door shut. "Very well," he huffed. "Though I doubt that I shall be much company... and I will only go within five feet of my tunnel entrance once we are outside." He locked the door swiftly and began to walk down the tunnel, with Pete close on his heels.

Not much was said between them, and the silence that filled the air was a very awkward one indeed. Neither of them felt they knew who the other was anymore, for they had both considerately changed over the years. Eventually, after what seemed like hours, Pete could see the light filtering through the forest, dim though it was.

"Well, we're here. I bid you farewell, may we meet again," Dale said while secretly hoping that he would never have to see him again. But before he could turn away he was dismayed to hear Pete speak.

"Wait... where are they?"

Narya and the others were no-where to be seen.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 09:12
Inwë saw Thorongil and Sellaurëa. She sighed and smiled.
"Finally!" she said then laughed. "I never thought you guys would get here."
Inwë struck her sword at a spider who came toward Thorongil and Sellaurëa. Her hair moved to the other side of her face as she smiled at the others. Inwë then went to help Aerhiril and Legolas.
Laurie_Rokkoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 09:21
((Hey ElvenPrincess! Good timing, huh?))

Sellaurëa smiled back at Inwë as she quickly dispatched of a spider.

"Well, I was just waiting around to see if you were going to call for help or not!" she joked back. They continued their fight, the whole company gradually gaining advantage over the spiders. Sellaurëa wheeled around in a quick slash, and caught sight of Thorongil. A spider was approaching from the back. Quickly she cast her eyes around and they landed on a long saber-like sword. She caught it up and threw it at the spider, hitting him in the eye.

"Watch your back Thorongil!" she said to him. Finally the company gained the offensive, and after killing a few more spiders, drove the attackers off.

"Whew, that was fun!" said Sellaurëa as she caught her breath.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 09:32
(((Yeah, Lol.)))

Inwë sighed and smiled.

"Whew, that was fun!" said Sallaurëa.

Inwë just looked at her. "Yeah, fun," she said sarcastically.

She looked at her stomach. It was bleeding.

"Oh. Crap. Don't worry, I've got it."

She sat down and took a long and wide peice of clean guaze. She lifted her shirt up a little bit then wrapped it around her. She secured it then stood up.

"See? No problem. Heh heh."
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 10:21
Aerhíril could not see how it could be fun, but she smiled all the same glad that it was all over.

"Are you sure that you're alright?" she asked Inwe after she had bandaged herself. Inwe smiled and nodded, so Aerhíril let it be and wiped the black blood off of her sword with a cloth that she pulled from one of her pockets. She dismounted and then patted the horse gently, thanking it for looking after her so well.

"You're not hurt, are you?" She asked Legolas who was holding the horse's reins.

[Edited on 19/1/2005 by Aerhíril]
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 10:47
Legolas didn't answer her. He was watching Narya, worry written all over his face. She was kneeling beside the Wolf who had attacked the spiders earlier. It was bleeding badly, and would die if someone didn't do something quickly. She was greatly distressed. Legolas wondered why his sister cared so much for a random Wolf.

Narya didn't have anything that she could clean the wounds of the wolf up with. She put her hand to one of the deep cuts, and let her sleeve soak up some of the blood. She then pulled off her grey cloak, and used that instead to take some of the blood. She was obviously grieved. Thorongil bent down beside her to comfort her. It was then that it dawned on him that the grey Wolf was hers.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 05:34
Thorongil knelt down in the wet grass, next to Narya and the Wolf.
" He will die if we don't act quickly, " he said as he laid hands on the poor animal's head.
" Let me try some athelas. "
He took out some kingsfoil from his bag and did its fresh leaves in some water. The air lightened.
The Ranger put it in the wound of the Wolf, who immediately started breathing deeply.
" Rest now, " he whispered.

He stood up.
" The Wolf will be all right. "
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 08:25
Small tears formed in Narya's eyes, but they did not spill. " I couldn't bear it if he died." She whispered. She placed a hand on the Wolf's head, and gently stroked it. " He is still badly wounded. How can I be sure that he will survive." She said. A single tear fell down her cheek, but no more.

Legolas did not go nearer to Narya and Thorongil, but watched them closely. " Why does she care for that Wolf?" He asked himself.
Aerhiril stepped forward, having heard his words. "Does it belong to her?" she asked.
" I don't think so. At least, I wasn't aware that she had one."
"Maybe it's a wild one she cares for, you are attached to your horse; so why should a wolf be any different if it is tame?" she suggested, her pain filling up to see the beast hurt.
" Because it's a wolf. I do not know of any elf that has befriended one, or of a human for that matter. They are the pets of the enemy." He said.
"People befriend dogs do they not?" She said with a small smile. "I may have never seen a wolf befriended before... but they can't be all that different from dogs. This wolf probably saved our lives," she added.
Legolas moved closer to Aerhiril. " Maybe, but it couldn't have been on purpose. Perhaps he wanted a meal." He said.
"Spiders?" Aerhíril laughed. "I don't think anything could eat one of these," she half joked as she looked at the floor. "If it is Narya's wolf, then it probably wanted to save it's master's brother." she concluded.
Legolas did not take his eyes away from Narya. " Maybe." He said.
"What's wrong?" Aerhíril asked him as he looked at his sister.
" I don't know. I feel like Narya is drifting further away from me, and I can't pull her back. There are so many things that I don't know about her." He said
"I can't help with that," Aerhiril replied. "I don't have any siblings, so I can't give any advice."
" I know that. But you're so wise, you must be able to help me keep her with me a little longer."
"Me, wise?" She repeated with amusement. She had never considered herself to be wise before. "Well," she then said. "just be there for her whenever she needs you, and no matter how far away she seems to get from you, she will always come back to you in times of need, and whenever she can."
" Will she? I don't know. Every day she becomes more like a human. A ranger. I just hope that she remembers that she is an elf, and my sister." He smiled sadly down at Aerhiril.
"No one can forget their roots, however hard they try." She replied smiling back trying her best to reassure him. "Even when her origins seem lost, they will still be there, and will return to remind her of who she really is."
" What, a Princess? That would only push her further away." He breathed in deeply. " Bit I guess you're right. I know enough about her to know that she loves me." He smiled, and hugged Aerhiril. " Thanks for cheering me up." He said.
Legolas smiled, and kissed the top of head. He suddenly realised what he'd done, and jumped away from her. " I'm sorry! I thought that you were Narya because she used to hug me like that!" He said, blushing fiercely.
"That's ok!" Aerhíril replied slightly alarmed at the rate in which he had jumped away from her. "I'm used to it too, I have a friend who does it all the time, it's nothing new to me." She was of course referring to her life long friend Arthion, who she had always been very good friends with.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 07:31
Seeing that Legolas still looked slightly embarrassed, she began to walk out of the clearing towards the others. She didn't want to stay here much longer; and she had just realised that Pete wasn't with them. But she was very surprised when he came into view; but not alone.

"What on earth happened here?" Pete asked as he saw all the blood on the floor. "And what is that smell?"

Behind him crept what seemed to be a very moody, irritated, and very annoyed Hobbit. He shuffled his feet and seemed to drag along at a reluctant pace. Narya looked up from the wolf for a moment, and was greeted by a hearty smile from Pete that faded when he saw the blood and injured animal by her side.

[Edited on 22/1/2005 by Aerhíril]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email