Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post Onward to Gondor (part 1)
on: January 06, 2005 12:38
I am new to this site, but I'm going to try this thread out and hopefully someone will find it interesting enough to join. If you have any ideas about how this could get better, contact me!

Setting: In Mirkwood (for now!)
Time: After the War of the Ring

Ardinlas stood in the shadow of a rowan and thought deeply about the conversation she had with King Thranduil. He was angry with her for one thing or another, and all Ardinlas wanted to do right now was to sit in the shade of a tree and think, which was what she was doing now.
She thought about riding to Gondor to visit King Aragorn. After all, her father had been good friends with him in their youth. Sighing, Ardinlas began to walk. Whistling softly, she stood for a moment, listening. A rustling of brush sounded, and in a moment, a stunning white stallion came galloping towards her.
"Easy, Shadow," the Half-Elven maid said, placing a hand on his mane. "Should we ride to Gondor to visit the King and Queen. Only last month Aragorn wrote me a letter telling me he wants me to visit." The great horse neighed.
Then, Ardinlas heard a sound.

[Edited on 10/2/2006 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Onward to Gondor (part 1)
on: January 07, 2005 01:11
Lorien spied on the girl from her hideaway in the bushes,"So she plans to vist the king and queen of Gondor."She whispered. Lorien moved her foot to better hear the girl however, She stepped on a twig breaking it.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 01:18
Ardinlas turned to see who was following her but saw no one. Shrugging, she looked at Shadow and said, "We'd best be go tell Thranduil we're leaving...and hope that he doesn't get angry. He shouldn't." Glancing back over her shoulder again, Ardinlas listened. She heard something, but she wasn't sure exactly what. Her warrior's instinct told her she was being followed, so she drew her father's dagger and mounted her great horse. As silent as a shadow, the horse took off, leaving Lorien behind, She watched the horse go and followed.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Luithien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 01:29
Celevene stepped out of the bushes, she was also listening, "May I join you? I am Celevene daughter of Gelrene."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 10:39
((Luithien, who were you talking to? Lorien or Ardinlas?))
Lorien followed the girl however, she was being careful not to draw attention to herself."She's on to me" Lorien whispered trying to keep up with the horse,'Shadow did she call it?'lorien thought.
Eowyn_beautiful_warrior16
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 12:44
Ilantiel roamed the woods of of Mirkwood faster then normal. She couldn't wait to go home and see Halmanil again. It had been much too long. She slowed down her pace a little and continued to trudge down the old forest road when she heard a twig snap in the distance. She followed the sound to 3 elf maidens and Ilantiel smiled weakly. "Suilad." She said. "Pedich i lam english?" She asked, even though she was rohirrium she spoke quite a bit of elvish, just in case she ever needed it.

(( Sorry I can't find the elvish word for English.))
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 01:18
Lorien put her hand on her head."Thanks alot." She said, also leting this person know she speaks english.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 07:05
Ardinlas sighed and looked at the maidens who stood before her. All were looking at her with an almost expectant expression on their faces, and yet, what did they all want? Ardinlas knew Celevene wanted to go with her, but why were Ilantiel and Lorien here? The warriormaid suspected that Lorien had been following her. “Man ceri le ilya anirnin? (What do you all want with me?)” Ardinlas asked, gazing from face to face. “I know at least one of you has been following me. Where do you all hail from? Save Celevene, I don’t know your names or anything about you.” Shadow neighed in agreement, tossing his snowy white mane.
Luithien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 12:12
Celevene bowed her head slightly, "I am Celevene. daughter of Meliane. ANd I wish to go with you to GOndor."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 05:44
((Oops, i forgot, I was going to use Elana, not Lorien. From now on, I will call her Elana, but, when i said Lorien before, thats who i meant.))
"My name is Elana. Sorry about that.I Prefer to speak in the common tounge rather then elvish tounge. I wish to return to Gondor with you, for that is wence I came. I have been sent by Aragorn for it has been 15 years at least since you have visited him and Arwen." Elana was careful not to let the girl know that she was there daughter and 15 years old. She had not yet met Ardinlas, save right now, yet her dad had discribedher many a time, when telling Elana stories. She had always liked the ones with Ardinlas in them, thats why he had discribed her many a time."Ardinlas."Elana added after she had told of Aragorn's sending.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 08:18
Alatriel woke from her perch high in the tree. She looked to the ground and saw the group. She knew the face of Ardinlas and maybe Elana as well. She sat there and tried to decide whether to jump down or stay in the tree. Eventually Her mind told her it was to crowded down there and that she would meet them later. Alatriel was a skilled tracker and she could follow them till' it was the right time. Besides, She had nothing else to do anyways!

((Hehe, hope you don't mind me joining ))
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 10:52
"So your coming right? Or do I have to go all the way back to gondor and tell Aragorn and Arwen that you will not come." Elana asked. Her dad told her to make sure she came, even if brute force was required, she was not to take no for an answer, and she wouldn't. Aragorn knew his daughter had the brute strength to get her here, although, Ardinlas might have the strentgh to retalliate, however, he didn't think his old friend would say no.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 06:21
(I don’t mind you joining venequade…the more the merrier!!!)

Ardinlas looked at Elana, amused. “Of course you may return with me. That goes the same for Celevene. I must speak with King Thranduil about going though he’s been telling me I need to go out and travel anyway. Do you all have mounts with you? For Shadow doesn’t let anyone else save me on his back, and it is a long walk through the forest.” Ardinlas had a feeling there were more than just the three people in front of her, but she didn’t let on.
She looked at Elana. “Do you have any relation to King Aragorn or Queen Arwen? You have the likeness of Aragorn though you have an Elvish air about you. I say this because I am a Half-Elven, and people often ask me the same thing.” She glanced up into the trees and saw a movement. The kinswoman of Thranduil (Ardinlas’ mother was the sister of Thranduil) sighed. How many more people would show up today?
Ardinlas had a feeling that Elana had some relation to the King and Queen because Elana had the sense of regality about her that both Aragorn and Arwen did, and she also looked a bit like them.

(Sorry if Ardinlas seems like a killjoy! She notices many things and her instinct tells her a lot)
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 07:46
Alatriel could sence that Ardinlas could see her, she tried to move out of line of sight but to her dismay the girl looked up right when she moved. "agar a dúath" (blood and darkness) she cursed. She heard them say somthing about seeing Thranduil. that was her chance, She moved silently through the trees a little ways away she had told her horse to stay, she went back and droped out of the trees on to her horses back. then she turned and rode towards her home. She came opon the gates and whent inside. she planed to be in the throne room when Ardinlas spoke to Thranduil.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 01:06
Ardinlas rode on Shadow through the woods, accompanied by those who wanted to go with her. She came to the castle wall and was bowed through the gates. Thranduil met her and said, "I know you are going to Gondor for Aragorn has also sent me a letter. You would do well to go, for he wishes to speak with you of an important matter."
Ardinlas raised an eyebrow. "Follow me to the throne room," the Elven-king said.
"Yes, my lord," Ardinlas said. An important matter, Ardinlas thought. Hopefully, it doesn't have to do with Orcs. I really don't want them to be scurrying around like the filth they are.
She left her group behind to talk with the Elves as Thranduil only wanted to see her.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 03:32
Alatriel stood in the corner of the throne room. She was waiting, waiting for the right moment to speak up. She moved forward so as to be noticed by Thranduil. Besides the fact she wanted to be included in the journey, but she also had a message from her step father. she stood by his throne with the note and waited. She bowed when he entered. "Ayia my lord."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 08:33
Elana had not answered Ardinlas, just smiled crudely. She could use her friend's horse. All she had to do was whistle really loud. Silver would come.She did this while Ardinlas was in the throne room, giving silver plenty of time to arrive.(silver will arrive just after Ardinlas exits the throne room.) She used this time to think.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 05:32
Ardinlas looked at her uncle. There was a look of worry in his eyes. "Ardinlas," Thranduil said after a while. "There is a problem in Gondor. The reason King Aragorn wants you there is because he wants you to help him battle many Orcs that have been attacking Osgiliath and the Citadel."
"Why is that a problem, my lord? I can fend off Orcs easily," the daughter of Arinar replied.
Thranduil sighed. "I know that, but I don't want you to get yourself killed for the likes of Men. Your mother and father were slain by Orcs, and I don't want that to be your fate."
Ardinlas frowned slightly. "Was that the important matter?"
"No. The important matter is that Aragorn needs you to hurry there. He says that time is of the uttermost importance at this time."
"If it's about the battle, hasn't Lord Faramir or Prince Imrahil or anyone come to help? Why does he need my help so desprately?"
"He didn't say exactly. Imrahil and Faramir are helping as well and so is King Eomer, but he says that another great warrior is also welcome. He says he needs to speak with you; apparently it is very important."
Ardinlas sighed. Who knew what would happen when she arrived in the midst of turmoil in Gondor?

(Ok I know this sounds stupid, but can someone think of an important matter. My mind is blank!!!)
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 07:01
Alatriel listened to the conversation. When it was over She stepped up to Thranduil and said "I could go with her my lord. I can protect her." She glanced at Ardinlas to see if She remembered Her.
She turned back to Thranduil "I am one of the best here with a sword or a bow." She stared into Thranduils eyes, pleading with him to let her go. She had never been to the White city, and she was quite anxious to go.

[Edited on 22/1/2005 by veneaquende]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 09:35
Elana stood listening at the door. She spoke to her raven, Redjet."I hope we can go soon, I need you to bring this to dad okay?" She said bringing a letter up in front of Redjet. Redjet took the letter in his beak and took wing."Now he'll know we're on our way." she waited as Silver approached for Ardinlas. "I guess Ardinlas took longer than I thought, or, you took less time then I thought girl."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 10:23
Ardinlas looked at Alatriel. She looked at the Elven maid, amused. “I don’t need anyone to protect me. I fought in the War of the Ring. I have some skill with a bow and sword,” Ardinlas said to her. “However, if you want to come, I’ve no problem with it. Just make sure you have a reliable mount with you. I ride hard and fast, and hardly any horse can keep up with my mount, Shadow.”
Ardinlas turned to Thranduil, who saw the look of pleading in Alatriel’s eyes. “You are older than Ardinlas and have experience on your side. It would be good for you to go.” The Elf nodded.
The pair left. Ardinlas quickly obtained her sword, Wyndfar, and a bow with a quiver of arrows. Alatriel went to get supplies, and Ardinlas found Elana. “Are you ready to leave? We are traveling with Alatriel, one of the greatest warriors in Eryn Lasgalen.”
Elana nodded. Ardinlas turned to Celevene. “You haven’t really told me if you were coming or not, so if you are, be ready to leave at dawn.”
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 01:45
Alatriel narrowed Her eyes at Ardinlas, then turned to Thranduil, bowed and left the room. She san down the hall to her room and grabbed her sword, one of Her knives and her bow and quiver. Then She ran to the stables and mounted her horse Cyclone, She weeled him and rode to where Ardinlas and the others were. "Ready" was all she said.
Luithien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 06:34
"I wil try not to get in your was, Ardinalis," Celevene bowed. She whistled and waited...hoove beats came closer and closer and soon a black stallion was next to her, he had no rein nor saddle. She got on him with one swift movement and said, "I am ready when you are."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 08:17
"Well, I must say we all have some fairly fast steeds."Elana said mounting Silver.Her sword, Flameshot, never left her side. Her bow was already back in its place on her back. Her daggers in her boots, hidden of course."Ready when you are." Elana knnew the way to Gondor but, she did not want to lead them, unless need be.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 10:46
The company of four rode out at the crack of dawn, each with her own weapons. Ardinlas had her sword, Wyndfar (or Narlómë or Nightfire), her father’s dagger, and a bow with a quiver of arrows. Shadow moved easily through the forest. With no bit nor bridle, saddle nor whip to aid him, he galloped freely.
They made it to the edge of the great forest of Eryn Lasgalen in three days. Alatriel, Elana, Celevene, and Ardinlas became well-acquainted, though each had her skepticisms for another or two in the group. They met nothing that appeared out of the ordinary. Ardinlas often stood guard at night, trading places with the other three throughout the night.

(Here comes the fun part now where we are all together and whatever happens to 1 person affects the entire group (usually)!)
Luithien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 01:17
Celevene walked up and spoke in a whisper, "Do you scence it? A cold breath in the air? My skin crawls almost all day." She looked at her companions for answers.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 07:49
Alatriel closed her eyes for a moment. "Yes, I feel it as well." She opened her eyes and walked a few steps to the south. She stood there, over looking the wilderness about them. Her eyes missed nothing, but she still couldn't put her finger on what it was. She walked back to the company and picked up Her bow. "We had best be off. unless you think it better to stay and see what this thing is." She said this to no one in particular. She whistled for Her horse and He came to her. She layed a hand on his back and waited for the others reply. Her eyes kept glancing around. trying to figure out what it was.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 03:02
Elana was ever courious but she didn't want to decide for them and, if it was something dangerous she would kind of feel bad if it ate one of her friends. She couldn't 'feel' what the other two apparantly did."I think it might be nice to know what it is however, i can't decide for everyone" is what she decided on saying. She smiled as she awaited for Ardinlas or Altariel to make a move either way for it was a tied vote. one for stay and one for go.
Luithien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 04:43
"It would be best to go," Celevene said. "We shouldn't linger...at least not long," she whispered.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 11:43
Ardinlas felt the cold too. There was something amiss in the air, though Ardinlas couldn’t tell exactly what it was. “We should go,” Ardinlas said, though she wasn’t too sure. “I can’t tell what is amiss, but whatever it is, we should be prepared. Have your weapons ready.” She mounted Shadow and unsheathed Wyndfar. They started to ride south.
A few days later, the group stopped alongside the Anduin River when Ardinlas and Alatriel spotted a group of friends or foes (they weren’t sure which) coming towards them. From what the two maidens could see, there was about a score of beings.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 12:48
((Hope u dont mind me joining...I havent been here in forever lets see if I can still do this )

Surkal ducked down behind the bush she was hiding behind. She could see two groups of people aproaching each other though she did not know if either were friendly or not. Quietly and intently she watched as the groups approached each other. One group was headed south and seemed to consist of mostly elves from Mirkwood. She watched for a second longer and then gave a low whistle. Sundance came into view, her golden mane glowing in the sunlight. She nimbly jumped on and made a large loop around so she would be coming in behind the Elves.

Once she was close enough she stopped Sundance, calling out "Mae Govannon!" (sorry about spelling Im a lil rusty ) A few of them turned towards her in suprise, she jumped down landing gracefully. Her Mossy green eyes looking kindly at the others, as a whisp of wind plays with the end of her long blonde hair, she pushes it behind her ear quickly and waits for a response from the others...

veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 04:21
((naw, its ok. I think.. Holy crap your leggys sis?!?!))

Alatriel wheeled Cyclone to look at where the voice was coming from. She rode towards the girl and almost rode over her but stopped "Your name." She said. She had not lost the ability to raise her voice. She had had her sword unsheathed as they had rode, and now it glimmered in the sunlight. She kept it by her side but she was ready to use it if the time came. She looked the young girl over, well, young in elven years that is. Alatriel thought she might have seen this girl before. but the memory would not come. She waited for the girl to speak.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 08:48
(( Haha not sister...more like cousin... I was one of the leggy obsessors when I first joined and I wanted everything to be as close to him as I could lol Im over my obsession now though It's boiled down to just a fond liking...))

Surkal looked up at the lady, shielding her eyes from the radiant sun and smiled, "I am Surkal of Mirkwood forest, king Thranduil (SP?) is my uncle though it has been many years since I have journeyed that far into Mirkwood. I am currently looking for a group of adventurers that might need another companion."
Surkal adjusted her long bow, moving it closer to her shoulder and looked up at the madain, she carried a sword and Surkal could see that it was unsheathed, glittering in the sunlight. She turned to the madain again, "May I ask where you are from and what your name is?"
She looked to the others and wondered why they were being so quiet...this seemed like a pretty nice group and hopefully they would accept her into their group to adventure where ever they may be headed.

veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 06:12
"I am Alatriel, of the royal guard of Thranduil, King of Mirkwood. Thranduil is your uncle? Then you are part of the royal family of sorts." She sheathed her sword and smiled. "Welcome Surkal." She kept the smile on her face as She wheeled her horse and rode back to the group. She looked to Ardinlas "It would seem this girl is King Thranduils niece. Her name is Surkal" She rode her horse around the back of Ardinlas' and came up on the other side of her. Alatriels Red hair shone like fire in the sun, and her green eyes seemed to be flecked with gold. "We shall see what she means to do." She glanced from Ardinlas to Surkal and back. waiting for someone to speak.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 10:23

Surkal quickly jumped back on Sundance and rode up to where the group was waiting. She smiled broadly and introduced her self, "I am surkal of mirkwood, I would like to join you if it's okay with everyone."

She caught movement out of the corner of her eye, she had almost forgotten about the other group that was headed their way. It was getting closer and she knew that they should not linger much longer. "Should we ride closer and see just who these travellers are?" she asked questioningly, looking back to make sure they had not picked up speed.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email