Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Onward to Gondor (part 1)
on: February 03, 2005 03:26
Alatriel turned her head to look at the before mentioned travelers. She narrowed her eyes, trying to see against the glare of the sun. "If it would not anger the rest of you, I will ride ahead. Maybe I can learn something." She took her bow from its spot on her saddle. Her quiver was tied to the horn of her saddle. She looked to the others for her leave to go.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 10:08
((Where did everyone else go??))

Surkal watched as she readied her bow, "Maybe it is best if you dont go alone, especailly if they are dangerous. If you'd like I will go with you." She looked at Alatriel wondering if she would accept or still want to go on her own. The others were being very quiet to Surkals suprise, she wondered what they were thinking and if they were ever going to speak...
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 01:11
((I'm sorry, i am a little lost,))
Elana looked at the newcomer."Elana, of gondor, and that is where we are to go, are you sure you wish to join us to Gondor?"Elana asked, she did not mind if this girl came with them."Alatriel, I think, it would be safer if our group, because of it's small size, a whopping four people, three elves, and me, neither elf nor woman, but both."Elana figured that she didn't need to point out the obvious but, she did anyway.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 09:59
((Im sorry ur lost um I think we are heading too see who the people are and then heading to Gondor...if Im wrong sumone please correct me lol ))

Surkal nodded in agreement, it would be better if they were in a group. She looked at the lady that had spoken, "I would love to accompany you to Gondor, I havent been there in ages it seems it will be nice to visit again, may I inquire the motive of this quest?" Surkal asked politely as they rode closer to the group of mystery people headed their way.

Within a few minutes Surkal could see the faces of the people there were a four soliders that seemed to be leading about 5 orc prisioners. Surkal looked at the others with a puzzled expression on her face, usually orcs were not kept as prisioners, they were disposed of immedietly. The soliders looked as if they were from Gondor. Surkal waited to see what the others were going to do...

((Okay um if thas like not fitting to the story line then I can change it, Just wanted to kind of get the thread moving along a little bit. If any changes need to be made please let me kno.))
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 12:36
((New member, if I may...)

Malleloth watched the two groups curiously. Her dog had warned her of the approach of strangers, and she had hidden in this ditch, but they didn't look dangerous. Still, she decided to stay where she was for the time being, and see what happened.
There were a group of Mirkwood elves - like herself - and also a group of Gondorian mortals, with orcish prisoners. Beside her, Mellon growled.
"Hush!" she breathed, but the dog ignored her. He shared her hatred of orcs, but not her love of silence and secrecy. His growls increased in volume, and Malleloth cringed as she saw that they were starting to draw attention.

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by Galenfea]
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 03:46
Alatriel sighed and said "whatever we can all agree on.." he turned her head when she heard a dog growling. "not again..." she murmered. "I believe we have more company." She stated.

((ok, short I know. I'm sorry.))
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 10:25
"Mellon, Avo pedo!" hissed Malleloth.
"I believe we have more company," said one of the elves, turning to look in Malleloth's direction. She sighed and cursed inwardly. Ah well, no point hiding. She had better show herself before they started to get suspicious. Heisitantly, she pushed her way through the brambles that covered the ditch, ignoring the extra scrapes and scratches to her hands and arms. Then she stood up and tucked her fair hair behind her ears.
"Sorry," she said, "I hoped to stay out of the way."
They stared at her, and she was suddenly acutely aware of what a mess she was, with her dress torn, her skin scratched and grimed, and twigs tangled in her hair.
"I'm Malleloth Hadroniel," she said simply, with a shy smile. "This is Mellon, hû nin."
---
Avo pedo - Be quiet
Hû nin - My dog
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 10:52
(( Hello Galenfea, nice to see u again, dont kno if u remember me er not ))

Surkal looked back...a girl apeared from the bushes with many scratches on her, she looked like she had seen better days. Surkal smiled and said polietly, "You will not be in the way, I urge you to join us. The bigger our group the safer we will be. Your hound friend is also welcomed." Surkal looked at the others, hopefully this would get going faster soon.

Surkal turned to the soliders, "Hello I am Surkal of Mirkwood forest, may I inquire as to why you are holding orcish prisioners? This is a very rare site."

The gaurd looked tired and eager to move on, "We are taking them to gondor for questioning, they destroyed a village not far from here and for no reason. We want to know who sent them but they wont give up the information. Now if you dont mind we have been travelling for days and would like to continue on so we can make it to Gondor as fast as possible."

Surkal looked at the gaurd, it didnt sound like something that would normally be done but she nodded and got out of their way. They continued down the path slowly but steadily, the orcish prisioners hissing at their group as they passed. She turned to the others, "well we might as well be off, You said it was to Gondor that we were heading right? If we want to make it there quickly I suggest we leave soon, especially since there have been orc attacks near here. "

The others nodded in agreement and turned their horses towards the direction they would be headed. Surkal looked to Malleloth, "If you do not have a horse you may ride with me, and Mellon can walk beside us." Surkal awaited an answer.

((well hope that gets us moving along...kinda bored of sittingh here))
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 12:04
((Hey, Elvin_Chick! I remember you, flattered to see that you remember me!))

"If you do not have a horse you may ride with me, and Mellon can walk beside us."
Malleloth smiled at Surkal. It felt good to hear a friendly voice, after so long with only Mellon for company.
"I would love to ride with you, if your horse will take me." She walked over to join them, Mellon trotting at her heel. Surkal helped her mount behind her, and they trotted after the others, Mellon loping along beside them.
Malleloth smiled at nothing, enjoying the feeling of the wind in her hair. This beat ditch-crawling!
"Where are you going, exactly?" she asked.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 02:11
(Welcome everyone!! Sry I haven't been writing. Been very busy!!!)

Ardinlas looked at all those around her. "I am Ardinlas, niece of King Thranduil. It started out that I was traveling to Minas Tirith alone, for the King summoned me, but apparently there are more people than just me!" She laughed, something Ardinlas rarely did. "Anyone coming with us to Gondor is welcome, though I trust none of you will stab me in the back."
She looked at the guard headed for the Citadel. She glared at the Orcs. "If any of these filth break loose of your guard, I will personally kill them." Her tone this time was bitter. The Half-Elven maid hated Orcs and was a hardened warrior at heart. Her blue-grey green eyes, turned hard for a moment, Then she sighed.
Looking again at the company that was around her, she said loudly, "Let's ride on! We have many hard days' ride ahead of us!" The company rode on, though some people were starting to dislike this maid who came form Mirkwood.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 02:16
(Welcome Galenfea and Elvin_chick!!)

Ardinlas rode beside Alatriel. "What do you make of all these people? I have a feeling all of them have good intentions save the Orcs. What do you think?" Shadow neighed and tossed his mane in agreement.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 05:35
Alatriel looked around her, then back to Ardinlas. "It is strange to see this many people come together all at once.. But we shall see as to their intentions. I will trust them, unless they give me reason to do otherwise."
She looked at the orcs with hatred in her eyes. She had a dislike that ran deep. They were the cause of her parents demise, and she was not about to let that go.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 08:21
Gondor. Malleloth had never been there before, and felt suddenly nervous. She had seen very little of men in her life, and those that she had met had seemed rather loud and rude. Still, maybe in Gondor they were different to the mortal villages on the outskirts of Mirkwood. She had heard that since the King had returned, Gondor had become more civilised, rather than less.
In any case, it would be an adventure. That was why she had left home; to seek adventure. She touched the hilt of her sword. If there were orcs around, then she had no inention of being caught unawares.
And speaking of orcs, Mellon was growling again, staring into the bushes with his hackles raised.

((OOC: Not neceseraly orcs, if people don't want them, but he's seen something if there is a need for action or a new member. ))
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 10:14
Ardinlas also hated the Orcs, for they were the cause of all the trouble of her. They killed her mother and father, and they had taken her sword, Wyndfar, when she was young; it was only recently that she had retrieved it. Everyone who knew Ardinlas well enough knew that the maid would always be the first to battle them should they be a danger.
The daughter of Arínar sighed and rode up to Surkal. “I heard you say you were related to Thranduil. How? My mother was his sister, but how are you related to him?” Ardinlas asked.

Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 11:12
"If you care to know,"Elana piped up for the first time scince Surkal had come out of the bush,"My name is Elana and I was sent to Mirkwood to retrive Ardinlas by King Aragorn. He has missed his friend terribly and, Queen Arwen, too would have liked to meet her." Elana smiled. Her habit of hiding her heritage taking over, she hoped Ardinlas would not tell the new comer for she liked to see how long it took people to notice who her parents were, if they ever noticed.:evil:
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 11:31
Malleloth was only listening to her new companions with half an ear, for she was still staring into the bushes.
"Erm, Surkal?" she murmured, "I think Mellon's spotted something."
The bushes were rustling slightly as whatever it was crept along, keepig pace with them. As yet, it showed no sign of attacking, and so Malleloth was unwilling to draw her sword. For a start, if it was someone friendly, or even a child, then she didn't want to scare them. There was also a chance that it was just a wild animal. In that case she would look like the sort of fool who panicked over nothing.
A few others were turning to look as Mellon's growls intensifed, and Malleloth waited to see what they would do.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 11:41
Elana, bored, picked up a long stick from the ground.She poked at the bush catiously. The dogs Growls made her believe that Cation needed to be shown.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 12:14
Malleloth laid a hand on her sword hilt as Elana poked the bush that Mellon was growling at. However, it neither spang out, nor ran away, as far as she could tell. What did happen was that Elana's stick was pulled from her hand and vanished into the bushes.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 12:34
"Either it is a Vegitarian," Elana joked after the stick was pulled from her hand,"Or It is a man or elf. Either way, we have little to worry about." Elana was however worried because the thing did not acctually move, it stayed in the bush."I think, the only way to find out what it is is to go into the bush." Elana was gone before anyone could stop her. When Elana returned she had a ranger in her hand, and her stick.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 10:59
(Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve added to this!!! I’ve been extremely busy!!)

Ardinlas unsheathed her dagger and dismounted Shadow. She walked cautiously toward the bush and said sternly, “Whoever you are, come out now and stop hiding. We mean you no harm if you aren’t a foe.”
A fair Elf stepped out of the bushes and said, “My companions and I have been following you for a while. We wish to come with you and aid you should you need it.”
Ardinlas laughed with relief and sighed. “Very well.” She turned to her companions. “You need not worry about a foe. This is Mithlirian, a friend of mine. Alatriel knows him also.”
“We have been following you for several days but have kept to ourselves until we saw such a time to make ourselves known,” Mithlirian explained.
Ardinlas looked around at Elana, Malleoth, Surkal, and Celevene. “It’s up to you if you want Mithlirian and his companions to come with us.”

(Note: The men of Gondor and their Orc captives went on ahead to Gondor. If you don’t want this, that’s ok!)
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 01:03
"Well," said Malleloth, looking at the newomers, "It's not a problem with me, if they're friendly and they seem to be. But why were you following us?" she asked them, raising an eyebrow. Mellon went and sniffed around Mithlirian's feet. "I hope you like dogs, by the way. He doesn't bite."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 10:01
Mithlirian patted the dog and laughed. "Dogs are fine with me. We are following you because King Thranduil has hinted of danger, and I thought it would be good to act almost as a guard to you. If you wish not for our company, we'll leave. It's up to you."
"What danger?" Ardinlas asked.
"I'm not sure. He wasn't specific."
"That's what he told me too. He said there was a danger, so we had to be prepared." Ardinlas frowned.
She turned to the Ranger that Elana still held on to. "Who are you?" she asked.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 09:43
((I'll be the Ranger, and he's gonna be friendly.Like not against them.))
"I think it would be fine if they joined us and, answer the question, or be cut." Elana flashed her Dagger if front of his face. "Okay," The Ranger answered in a deep cool voice.
"My name is Gilinath." The Ranger said."And you were there because?" Elana inquired."I was on my way to Gondor which it appears you are too. Will you please let me go now? Also, I think I would like to travel with you lovely Ladies." Gilinath was a little taller than Elana. He had hair that was brown and eyes of an elf.His eyes were green. Gilinath, although a little dirty, did have a charm.When he smiled, his teeth glinted in the sun light, which was unussually for a Ranger.
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 12:15
(( SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE!! My comp was down and when I came back I couldnt find the thread till now hope you'll still have me , could sumone PM me and tell me the basic outline of what has happened...thanks!!))
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 11:15
"Oh goodness me, a gentleman, I'm all aflutter," said Malleloth, pretending to swoon in a very dramatic fashion.
Gilinath smiled at her. "And on whom does my precence have such an effect?" he asked.
"I'm Malleloth Hadroniel." She folded her arms. "Well, it seems we're all going much the same way, so what now?"
Elvin_Chick
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 02:03
Saurkal looked at the others, "Well I guess that we should be off now...Shouldnt waste anymore time in one spot. We do have places to go." She smiled a little bit as the others got ready to go again.

She looked to Mellonth, "Are you going to ride with me again?"

(sorry it's so short I'll try to post again later)
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 10:29
"Are you going to rde with me again?" asked Surkal.
"If you don't mind." Malleloth vaulted up again behind Surkal. "Mellon, come here!"
Mellon stopped jumping up at Gilinath and trying to sniff him, and came to stand beside Surkal's horse.

((Mine's short too. I think there's an epidemic of the dreaded ELOI going round all the RPing communities...))
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 04:19
Gilinath looked around. Everyone had a horse and his had just run off.He cleared his throaght loudly. Elana turned to look at him."What?"Elana inquired. Despite the slight distain in her voice she couldn't help but smile."I...I don't have a horse, he ran off a little while ago, I... I guess he senced you and saw you as a threat at the time. He'll...He'll be back later but, I can't 'ride' until ten unless I can ride with someone..."Gilinath could not figure who Elana was all he knew was her name was Elana and he thought he'd seen her somewhere before. Elana glared at Gilinath and said,"You want to ride on Silver?"
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 02:38
The company rode off (Gilinath was riding with Elana on Silver). They set off south. They were a large company with Ardinlas, Elana, Surkal, Malleloth, Alatriel, Celevene (Is she still in this? I dunno!), Mellon, Gilinath, and Mithlirian and his three companions, as well as their mounts. Ardinlas looked at Gilinath and asked, "Did your horse really run away? I sense that you didn't have a mount to begin with, judging by your hesitation. I don't mean any offense, I'm just curious."
Gilinath looked at Ardinlas. He didn't answer the question, but asked instead, "You are the niece of King Thranduil, aren't you? You bear a resemblance to him."
"I am the niece of Thranduil, yes. I am Ardinlas." She smiled at him. He did have a certain charm about him. "Surkal here is too, but she won't tell me how." The maiden glanced at Surkal, who grinned slightly guiltily.
Gilinath nodded and fell back to talk with the others. Mithlirian rode to Shadow's side. Ardinlas looked at him. "Is something wrong?"
"Not with Gilinath After all, we have been travelling with him for a while," Mithlirian replied. "Danger is near us; I can feel it. Very near. We have to be more careful."
Ardinlas touched his hand gently. "We will be. But I also feel a danger. Not just the cold we've been feeling lately either."
They told their worries to the others and waited thr their reactions, incluind Gilinath, who seemed to be a good warrior.

(Sorry this is kind of long. I haven't been on in a while, and I figured I might as well put something in, just in case I'm not on for another long while!)
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 03:04
Elana was surprised but, she really didn't mind riding with Gilinath. When Ardinlas had asked him about a horse he had easily veered away from it by asking Ardinlas about Thrandruil. Then when Ardinlas and Mithlirian voiced their senceing of danger and the need to be careful, Elana agreed that they should be more careful, after all, Gondor was a ways away still, not a long ways but still a ways.

Gilinath agreed also, that the need for carefulness was upon them. He also voiced that he thought the need for speed was also upon them. "The quicker the reacg Minas Tirith, the better."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 17, 2005 12:33
(Is anyone going to reply?)

Ardinlas looked at her companions. "What is our plan for the morrow? Hopefully we can make it out of here by midafternoon, but we need a plan for after. What do you all think?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email