Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
Post Born of Men but of Elven Beauty OOC
on: January 19, 2005 01:03
So...this is OOC discussion for the TR thread Born of Men but of Elven Beauty. At the time of posting this, we are 8 forum pages in, with an awesome plot, great chars, and wonderful writers.
To see characters and a brief summary of what has happened so far, you can see mine or VilyaTook's member pages (though they are currently a wee bit out of date).

Also, the link to the thread is here. Enjoy
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Born of Men but of Elven Beauty OOC
on: January 19, 2005 05:21
Thanks Lysse. So...we are going in to save Kiran. I had the slightest idea of what the raithes were doing. Here are a few things I had in mind.

Because there is a definet romance going on between Kiran and Hirraneth, and because Hirraneth comes from the royal family, they want to
1: Break the group...for instance one raith said after capturing Kiran and Kiarton, "two down"
2: Kill Hirraneth(eir to throne of Hunvel) and retake the village of Hunvel. that is one reason why they chanted "the crown shall never tough her head.
3: Their plan for Kiran: I'm not too sure on this, but they wanted to kill him. By scrifice (use the vile that holds the black water which has divination qualities) to break the bond between him and Hiranneth and (duh) kill the would-be king of hunvel.(if they married)

so any feedbaclk? If any of the other writers dislikes these ideas, please say so.
(sorry it's so long)
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 05:23
Sounds good to me, mook
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 02:39
I think the whole Hiranneth-is-the-heir-of-Hunvel thing worked out kool. (Wait, we're sure it's "Hunvel", right? It's changed quite a bit...) Thinking of this more as a story now, of course, we want to take into consideration real story elements: climax, turning point, denouement, etc. So, I guess we have to decide on how much longer we want to take this, whether this big struggle with the wraithes is the end or whether they group has yet more troubles with them or they fail to thwart the wraithes' plans and they have to help the elves defend Hunvel from the evil things. Anyway.

About the characters...some chars earlier (aka Fly and Rada) were brought in and actively written, but are no longer part of the story. ('Specially in Fly's case, where estel_4life hasn't shown up for a while.) So I guess we need to decide if we are going to take over and play Fly (as I have tried to contact estel to no avail) or insert an end to him. As I mentioned in my last post in the original thread, maybe we can all collaborate to write him making a grand entrance to the wraithe castle and somehow save their lives. Or something.

Thoughts?
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 03:05
Yo! You guys rock.!

I'm soooo excited baout this anyway....
I like the idea of the wraiths objective, it's really cool.
Don't forget that Hiranneth has the sword of Hunvel...(Just posted something about it)
I have an idea to be captured by a large group of them and the raiths will use me to get even more power. The head of the raiths will be like my nemesis and I can take him down in the end.
Heeeeheeee. When I first started this thing, i didn't think I would have so many replies. LOL thanks guys. Luv yah!
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 04:00
We love you too :hug: I didn't see this before I posted. I had Fly crash through the window that was a sky light in the top of the room. I didn't have the head Wraithe die though. In fact alot of them got away. I hope everyone's ok with this. I'm not sure what's going to happen after. We still have to get Kiran that antidote. Maybe we can go back to the cabin. Or straight to Hunvel. Btw what are we planning to have Leeum do? How signifigant is he?
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 05:00
Hmmm. That was perdy kool mook, though---no offense to you---you kinda rushed it so I had to read it twice to figure out what happened. And the Fly thing was good. We can just alternate posting him, I suppose.

So...I guess that was our first escape from the wraithes. Maybe we can
1. go back to the cabin to see if the elves can help with the antidote, only to have to return to the wraithe castle.
2. have one person stay for the antidote (maybe Hiranneth and that's where she has a run-in with the "head wraithe" who has his traditional "bad guy rant" and reveals all his secreat plans with an evil cackle...or not.
3. make a mad dash for the antidote, escape, and return to Hunvel, only to have the wraithes return and we have an epic battle scene.
4. screw the antidote because Kiran recovers because of Hiranneth's love or something, go get our elf friends (at the cabin or at Hunvel) and blow the stupid wraithes up. Sound good?

Just a few suggestions...not really feeling very creative right now. But since we're really getting in depth, I think it's best we all kind of agree on where to go with this, so one person doesn't just decide to change the plot. M'kay?

(Oh, and I'm still working on editing the first "chapter", though I'm having trouble deciding a. what to call it and b. where to end it. But it's coming along!

[Edited on 1/21/2005 by Lysse]
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 08:00
Oh I'm sorry! I can edit it if you like...I ran out of posts and...you get the picture.

Ya we could do the whole sappy love thing that heals him, and a bit of elvin potion!. I'm not so keen on going back to the castle though. Maybe the Wraithes could crash the coronation! And put somebody else in peril! Maybe Aheawan this time, or I dunno the nearest person they find and take them hostage. Anywho I'm outa ideas.

VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 06:44
No offense, but the whole sappy love thing is not sticking with me I'd say the easiest thing is to have the elves have the antidote. Or the vial that Leeum gave Hiranneth is the antidote.

One thing that has been bothering me since we talked about heirs-to-the-throne. Why would the immortal elves have mortal rulers? What I got to thinking was that the elves' immortality somehow ties in with the wraiths 'undead life' (assuming that these wraiths are like the LotR wraiths). So when the wraiths are dead, the elves are no longer immortal.
It's either that or to become Queen and King, they must first become immortal, but I didn't really like that idea.

So what do you think?

[Edited on 1/21/2005 by VilyaTook]
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 10:54
I really don't know now. I'lll just let the others deside. Maybe they rush Kiran back to Hunvel, are attacked by the king Wraithe. They threaten Hirraneth by taking Kiran right then and there. (money or your life! Jk) Say either relinquish Hunvel or see him die. Now we have to decide (that is if we use this idea) wether we want a long fight between Hirraneth and the king wraith because she chalanges him to a duel, or she throws the sword after seeing a vision from her father, and hits the Wraith in the face! Ok I'm going crazy, but I'm not sure what's going to happen after. (By the way what is the vial that Leeum gave Hirraneth? I don't remember that happening...)
Anywho I shall now slow down my posts and take a deap breath.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 10:58
((this post has nothing to do with plot development- just wanted to tell you to check the song dedication thread ))
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 12:27
(Hee. That's kool Vilya.)

Anyway. I'm kinda against the "love heal" thing too. We're not neccessarily looking for the easiest plot, but the most interesting plot. Maybe we go back to Hunvel hoping they can heal Kiran, but they can't. Hiranneth, seeing that her loved one is about to die, bravely goes off to seek some speshul ingredient and then meets the wraithe king, but then...I dunno. Aheawan and Kiarton go to save her or something.

Lessie....I do like the Hunvel elf/wraith tie. That would make the idea of having Hiranneth as heir more plausible...Though how would we work that out? Hmmm. This could entail some big flashbacking like 3000 years and having an epic confrontation between Hiranneth's grandfather and the wraithe king. Or something. We've got to get Silver in here, get some of her ideas.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 12:38
(Cool Vilya!)

Ya. I like the engridiant thing, but how long would he live like that? Oooh idea is coming!(bum bum bum!) The wraithes made the poison, so maybe because the sword that the Wraith king had seemed to be quite special, she must
1:kill the king with the sword of Hunvel
2:bring back the sword
3:melt it down
4:mix a single drop of the metal stuff with a single tear and put it all together in a potion of black water.
Ok that is a really odd idea but it might grow on me.

(btw has anyone seen the dark crystal? This whole thing about the tie between the wraiths and the elves remind me of it)

Ok yes it would be odd to have a human ruling Hunvel, but even though her mother gave up her immortality, she would still have elven blood wouldn't she? How does one give up their mortality anyways? Do they just say that they want to? Or do they all have those cool necklaces?! It is kinda cliche to have the character turn from human to elf, but maybe her mom had a necklace or something and she finds it...I'm not sure.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 12:54
This is something else that has been bothering me. Arwen was able to give up her immortality only because she was half elven. Someone with only elven blood cannot choose their fate.
Let's say that Hiranneth's mother was a half-elf who chose mortality. Hiranneth would not have the choice to become immortal.
The necklace really has nothing to do with it
Unless we want to change the Tolkien's rules since this is a Tolkien Related thread.

My two cents on the poison antidote: The scenarios we've come up with so far would be time consuming. In that time, Kiran would be unconcious and I would have nothing to do. To remedy this, I'd like to bring in another character. Does anyone have any suggestions on who they should be and how they fit into the plot?

Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 01:19
We still need someone to play Fly, if we are indeed bringing him back, but as for another char I'm not sure. The wraithe king, I guess. You could be Lurk-something(forgot his name) and explain Hiranneth's past more to her...About the whole switching to immortality thing, I haven't a clue.

Oh, but I found this and wasn't going to put it in the song ded. thread, but here it is anyway: Pilgrim. Thought it fit pretty nicely.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 06:01
Quite true. Infact Kiran would really be dead by now. Let's get this over with and have the elves have the antidote.

I thought that Hirraneth's mother was a full elf.?

But we still need to decide where Hirraneth is to meet the Wraith king...We could do something more with Leeum too. Or one of the other characters. Hirraneth and Kiran have been through alot lol.

Or maybe we could introduce a new place. Have them go out of Hunvel to do something. I dunno. I must be awfully annoying now, coming up with all the crackpot ideas.

Ok about the whole "heir of Hunvel" thing. I don't know. It seemed like a great idea for a while until we remembered that Hirraneth was a human! But...no one said that she had to take the throne of Hunvel. Maybe she gives it up to Rada or something. Ah heck I seriously can't think soon it will be giant hamsters attacking Hunvel...
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 07:15
(wow! I didn't get to read all your posts but anyway...)

I just posted a thing before I read this(sorry) It kinda can help us with the whole plot thickening. Hiranneth is captured by the head raith which Fly has no control over. Hiranneth has thrown the antidot to Kiraton before the raith pushed you guys out into the yard of the castle.
Oh (idea) about a new place. I will deviece a way to get away from the raith and then I will get back to Hunvel, were you all will take Kiran to get healed.
The raith will come for me, so the elves of Hunvel will get ready for the biggest battle of their lives. This place and be a large field called, The fields of Thorendor(which could possibaly be the name of Hiranneths granpa.)
It will be a sad battle because the raith has also set up an army of 5 thousand and we only have 1 thousand elves + us.
This is were we will face off and every character can prove themselves.(LOL)
Anyway I thought this might be a kool idea.

Speaking of Hir. mother, she was a full elf and Hiranneth is the last of the line(even though she is half elf). She possesses immortal qualities but she will not go unto the Grey Havens like all other elves. Her fate is with Middle Earth.

Vilya, if you want you can be Leeum for a while, or make up your own. I was thinking in the plot right now we can skip into you guys being somewhere else(like its been a week and you think I'm gone forever)
Then we can pick up with Kiran being better and Hiranneth making her grand escape...then battle.
Well tell me what you think.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 08:54
Hey guys! I have exciting news!

On tuesday Jan. 25th(in my neck of the woods) Sean Astin is coming to a local theatre/stadium to talk about his new book: There and Back Again: an actors tale.
I got tickets for it and I get to meet him cuz of book signings! I just gotta say, he is the best hobbit on earth!!!:love:
Anyway I am sooo totally excited! I hope you guys get to meet a LOTR actor/actress some day. Lots of fun.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 09:00

Oh cool! Epic battle! Ok I know that this would make the whole thing rather trajic, but if Kiarton dies in the battle, you know the hero fights badguy, friend fights king badguy, gets killed by king bad guy, hero is sad and angry and avenges friend with new found strength, therefor killing the king bad guy. After all stories can't be too happy. One good death seen is usually needed. I know it's sad but it makes things more beleivable. I'd be willing to do that, and for one thing, Kiarton is only living a half life, without his mother. He could join her in I dunno heaven or wherever. What do ya think?
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 09:07
That would be sad if Kiarton died :cry:
But I understand what you're saying about stories being too happy and having perfect endings and all.
So I think that Kiran should fight the king of the wraiths- since he'd be king of Hunvel it'd be like good king against bad king.
So that said, I think it we should start about a week later and then Hiranneth can escape and such. And that way we won't have to have the time when Kiran is unconcious so I won't need another character. Although I am considering playing Leeum for a while anyway.

I hope that made sense- I'm kida tired
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 09:26
Okay. All this is good, with the battle and the death and avenging and whatnot.

So, we could have the next post be Hiranneth sitting in a dungeon or something, all hopeless and such, then somehow find a way to escape. We back in Hunvel are sad, the brave boys trying to find a way to help rescue her...then Kiran gets that "telepathy" thing from Hir. and realizes she's alive, but none of the others really believe him because they don't know about the "gift" and Kiran doesn't really know either, because he can't explain. So we go off and find her, say throw in a cutsie love scene when Hir. is rescued, then come back to Hunvel for the big epic battle. Which shall be fun to write.

Still not sure about the whole heir of Hunvel thing. I guess Hir. could just be recognized for it, like be a big princess thing or something, and have Leeum or somebody rule. Or maybe they don't need a ruler. Hmmm. And we can have a statue erected for Kiarton, and all the other chars can get medals or something. Meh. Just kind of thinking out loud here, doubt it makes sense. Wow, this is getting really in depth.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 01:23
I just replied for "next week" I hope you all like it. I added something that you all may think is a good idea. I killed off Fly, he rescued me. so lol
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 03:42
Wait, why did you kill Fly?! :cry:
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 05:10
Well, I thought it would be the last and good deed of Fly. He gave us so much trouble in the begining and I thought it would be a good thing. Also, I didn't think he fit anymore cuz its like he could wip out most of the army if he wanted to and so forth(powerful)
Anyway I hope you are not mad at me...
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 05:32
Not at all loom! Infact I'm glad everyone's agreeing! But if we do write this down, or even Loom you could edit this now, but the death of Fly should be longer, more thought out and Hirraneth would probably be a bit sad. Just having him flop down and her run off is kinda odd, myabe something like...

Fly suden'y colapsed, hitting the gound with a thud. Hirraneth grasped his shoulder, and finaly noticed that there was good in him. He was frail now, weak and dying. "Fly you..saved me. Fly...don't die, not now. You..." He gave one last smile, and whispered in a faint voice. "Go...you friends..." And he was silent. All expresion had faded from his face, and a single tear fell onto his cheek. Hirraneth stood, and with a look to the morning sky, found a courage and strength that she had never before experianced. She ran so fast that even the wind fell behind, in her veins, her blood pounded, and on her face was a look of pure defiance, her one thought was to get home...to find her friends.

*orchestra plays* And find out what happens next...

SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 05:43
You know mook! Your right...I was soooo mean to the person who saved me...I'll go edit.
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 08:06
Okay. I'm just about done with chapter one (of course you guys will be able to tell me if I need to edit anything) to upload to ff.net. 'Cept I'm not so good with summaries. Would any of you like to write a paragraph or so eye-catching summary to appear on the info page?

Though I'm still not happy about you killing Fly.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 05:31
Sorry Lysse. He could appear more in the ff.net thing.

I will write an eye catching thing, if you'd like. Just tell me were to go and I'll do it when I have time.
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 06:37
Oh, you can just post it here and I'll transfer it over. Maybe something that ends with a question like "Will Hiranneth and her newfound friends manage to save the blahdie blah with blahdie blahdie blah and all odds against them????" Or maybe not. But, meh. I haven't written many summaries worthy of noting...
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 02:49
Ok let me think.

In Born of Men but of Elven Beauty, Hiranneth, a young bold teenager is faced with unknow odds when her family is attacked by unknown enemies. Hiranneth meets a new friend, Kiran who is willing to help her find out what happened.
But all the while the clues dwell deeper into a hidden past and a whole new begining. Will Hiranneth overcome her greief and fight with her new friends to save the only hope they've ever known?

(Wow I could do better, but I kinda ran out of ideas...)
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 07:13
That's cool. But a couple words could change. *Menacing enemy* maybe and *delves deaper* you know. You could also add and along the way fiind unexpected friends, sucj as Aheawan a kind human, Kiarton and Fly, the son of sauron. Ok I don't know if that's needed, but anywho.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 11:22
Yeah Mook thats good. I don't have time to write it now(homework) but I do wanna say today is gonna be a cool day! I get to meet Sean Astin for his booking signing and descusion!!!!! :drool:
I am soooooo lucky! LOL
AvalonEstel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 01:41
First, I'm really, really, really, really extremely sorry for not being around, guys. It was terrible of me. I hope you aren't too mad.

To Loom, you lucky duck! You get to meet him? Not fair! :cry: Ha, joking. But that really is super cool.

As for the ff.net thing, I think that would be really cool. Maybe you could pm me and let me know when it's up, Lysse?

And about Amdireth. I had her get knocked out by the wraiths while you all were with Leeum, so any ideas about what could have happened next?

Oh, man, I hope you guys aren't mad at me. You guys know how busy things can get, I'm sure.

Many apologies!

~Avie~
Lysse
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 11:53
It brings me great pleasure to announce that Born of Men but of Elven Beauty is know on fanfiction.net! It is only the first chapter, and you can always pm me to suggest a change. Enjoy!
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 12:55
wow lysse! I like the whole ff.net thing. It's rockin cool
I wish I had a lot of time to just write things like that. Maybe when schools out. LOL.
Anyway, update on Sean Astin:
It was a really cool thing and I got my book signed by him. He is really nice and cute in real life. And it's like, hes such a down to earth guy, you wouldn't know he was famous or nothing.

Well, I hope our forum can end on the right note. Its really good and I don't want it to end, but it must. Maybe in the near futrue we can all join another one, with the same characters and everything. That would rock. Anyway, I have to go to church soon, see yah all later. :heart:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email