Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
Post Red Dawn (Keeper!)
on: January 29, 2005 11:32
((Before joining, please see the OOC. There IS a basic plot behind the story. Thank you.))

The sun rose red over a dusky plain. A figure lay bend and broken on the ground, silent as the death that had claimed him. Another knealt by his side, silently mourning, crying out to Elberth in his sadness.

"Ai, Elberth! What have I done to deserve such?" he cried in a forlorn voice over the plain. The remnants of a great battle littered the wasteland, orc and Elf corpses alike lay motionless in the stillness.

Again the Elf cried out, whishing that he could have been faster of foot, whishing that he could have spared the life of at least one more of his brethern. Futile wishes and curses filled the air as the Elf reminisced about the past battle.

A tragic loss lay here, not yet discovered, for none but one knew the deed that had been done. And that one was far away, seeking council of the wise, lending hope to the forgotten.

The dawn was copper coloured clouds painted over a wash of red. Celethain still stood on the plain beside his fallen comrade. His long silver hair was tinged with blood and soaked with sweat and tears.

The Elf let his head fall to his chest, the light rain drenching his armour and cloak. Sorrow clenched his heart and he would have refused to move from the spot he was in had not the hand of another survivor strayed to his shoulder, comforting words echoing in his ear.

"You did what you could, Celethain. No one blames you for their deaths."

The silver-haired Elf wished he could believe that affirmation, wished it could be true. Turning his head slightly so the steel blue of his eyes caught the new light, he looked up at one of his fellow soldiers.

Heavy hearted, the Elf asked the one question that he never wanted to truly hear the answer to. "Are we all that are left?" The words echoed bitterly in the bloodstained morning; all traces of hope seemed to be utterly gone.

[Edited on 29/1/2005 by Salkiethia]

[Edited on 3/2/2007 by Salkiethia]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Red Dawn (Keeper!)
on: January 29, 2005 01:32
Have replied in OOC discussions, let me knowi
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 12:29
Glyndr spoke softly in his own language to his silver grey war horse , The animal's frost white coat stained crimson with the blood of his rider and his own. Five hundred Kellquenti Elves had joined with other Elf armies, to wage a battle against an army that boasted ten times their number.
Glyndr's bloodied hand trembled as he ran it through rainbow raven hair, that fell bloodstained and tangled,long and loose, to his waist,
Kellquenti were a proud race ,cold yet skilled in the art of war,
they gave their all in battle. Today they had.
Glyndr's entire section massacred, He had fought bravely at his commander's side, as a captain ,Glyndr held the lives of many men at a word , He had lost them all, His commander cut down at his side, Glyndr had taken the standard from him, the standard bearer long lost in blood and dust.
With the agonised wail of a banshee , Gylndr urged his brave Sylstar forward, a demon posessed,crashing through the ranks of the enemy .
The evil creatures may have the souls of his race, his commander,and men but they would not trample the bright standard of his section,the emerald dragon with the ruby eye , into the dust with the blood of his men.
He rode lost, in the aftermath of battle, If any of his race survived he did not know , The soft rain fell on his face, blending with tears that he shed for those brave Elves that lay dead around him.
Sylsun stumbled, The brave stallion weak through loss of blood and the pace of battle, yet still he picked his way carefully amongst the dead. Glyndr slid from the horse's back , crying out softly as the wound on his side burned ice fire,the legacy of an orc scimitar.
He looked to the dawn's horizon. Two figures moved still in this field of death, his Elven eyes told him that they were Elves he saw, not evil.
Glyndr gave thanks to his Kellquenti gods as he led his horse towards them.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 02:50
"Are we all that are left?"

Narmion lay a hand on Celethain's shoulder, raising his own wet eyes to survey the field of battle, taking a breath before answering the elf's question. It was an utterly heart-wrenching sight- his brethren lay all about him, some missing arms or leg and some hardly recognizable at all.
Every lifeless face he saw was frozen in the expression of horror and pain at the death they had known was coming.
He had thought at first that he was lucky to have survived, but now- now he was not so sure. The sorrow pulling at his heart was deep and painful, more painful than any physical hurt he could have sustained.
But more wretched than sorrow was an anger that was beginning to bubble up inside him, threatening to take over his mind. Like the sparks of a small fire that will become a towering blaze, the anger prodded his thoughts. I could have fought harder and faster- Accursed orcs, filthy soulless creatures!, but here he stood with the lone living elf he had seen amidst broken blades and splintered shields, after a long and despairing search. Now Celethain asked him if there were others. And looking around at the sea of fallen elves once fair, and horrible orcs hewed down and destroyed, he could hardly bring himself to reply.
"I see no one else standing, Celethain," Narmion answered softly, trying not to let his voice break, "Those not dead are injured and not moving. On the path to death ere we can check them to be sure."
Just then his eyes caught movement- a dark haired elf leading a gray horse towards them, walking wearily. He wiped the rain and sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand and narrowed green eyes, studying the approaching warrior.
"Wait- someone is coming."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 07:14
Glyndr approached cautiously,fully aware that at any moment, one of these hideous gargoyle orcs may still be alive, and strong enough to deal him a fatal blow if he were not careful.
He reached the place where the two Elves were.They seemed to know each other.
Glyndr stopped a little distance away,he leant slightly against the grey's neck for support, he lifted his chin ,still a proud Kellquenti Elf.
The stallion stood, head low,his breathing laboured, the precious standard, now taken from its pole, rested across the horse's back.
"my Lords", Glyndr spoke with proud surity even though his voice was breaking slightly,He nodded a bow, wincing at the painful effort,
Glyndr was unsure of their rank,their armour and uniforms too dusty and bloodstained for him to tell clearly,so he addressed them as Lords.His own Indigo and silver uniform ,once splendid ,now as dirty as theirs,the deep indigo cloak woven delicately through with silver thread, now a bloodstained mockery of what it had once been.
"Brothers," his cold, ice blue, stormy eyes clouded with pain and grief,"I seek those of my kin that still may live,I ask also if you have water to spare for my horse?"
He pushed his dark hair back behind his ears,the hand that pushed the dark hair trembled ,it bore now only one ring when once it bore many,the pointed ears shone now with only one stargem, where once many rare gems glittered,
Dark days had befallen this proud Kellquenti Elf
"I ask if perhaps you have seen any of my race in your wanderings here?" his voice an anxious plea of hope.He paused, ice blue eyes searching theirs,
"Ah" he nodded imperceptibly,Grief now haunted pale cold eyes,the expressions on the faces that watched him told him they had not.
"Forgive me, I see that you also grieve for your own lost kin,I shall leave you then to bear such sorrows. Unless".
His ice blue gaze fell on the fallen Elves around them, "That is unless you shall permit me to come with you to those of your bretheren that have not long in this world,They will find comfort in the presence of Elven kind as their Fea flies to Mandos, when they lie amongst foul devils"
Glyndr cursed the race of orcs viciously in his own tongue , Cold ice flashing silver in fury as he remembered vividly, when as an Elfling,an orc raiding party had killed his twin brother and taken his mother,His sister now his only family , Their father having left in search of their mother never returned.
Glyndr saw the same anger reflected in the green eyes that watched him .He understood.
Glancing at the silver haired Elf he was struck by a strange recognition "No" he thought, "the darkness that has fallen upon us plays tricks with me" The Elf he remembered could not be here.This was just another ghost of his dark past come again to haunt him.
"My Lords may I join you in attending your bretheren?"

Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 10:37
Celethain's steel eyes were clouded. At the other Elf's words however, he looked up. Indeed another figure was approaching. His hopes higher than they had been these past months, Celethain stared intently at the approaching Elf.

His head dropped once he saw it was not who he wished it to be. No, that one, the valiant commander whom he had served under was indeed dead. His brother was indeed dead.

Celethain wanted to refuse to respond to the Elf. His hopes had again been dashed and no amout of sorrow shead by the others would appease his sorrow. His heart cried out in the tongue of the Elves, begging ruthlessly for mercy from the horrors of the battlefield, but his mind was slowly fading. Grief could do that. Slowly an Elf would waste away, consumed by the toll of living without real reason to live.

The silver-haired Elf raised a hand when Glyndr spoke; Celethain wanted to avoid all refrence with anyone outside his previous regiment. It wasn't possible, however. The Kellquenti went on speaking, his melodic voice creaking with the sorrow it bore.

"My Lords, may I join you in attending your bretheren?"

The query had been directed at both of them, but surely ment for Celethain. The anguished Elf lifted his head to regard the other survivor. His fine, blood encrusted armour shifted with him as he forced himself to stand. Tears left a clean path down dirtied cheeks and the shredded cloak fluttered slightly in an unseen wind.

Looking to the east, Celethain nodded slightly. "You may join us," he said grimly. "There is no hope left. There is no light or life left here. We make our own journey, and we make it alone--but with each other."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 06:11
Looking to the east, Celethain nodded slightly. "You may join us," he said grimly. "There is no hope left. There is no light or life left here. We make our own journey, and we make it alone--but with each other."

Narmion could not fully understand the bitter loss tortuting the silver haired elf as he stood looking to the east, his fair face an utter mask of greif and anguish. Though he had lost many friends, the young soldier had lost no immediate family. Pain radiated from Celethain, however, and it made Narmion even angrier at the enemy. The fact that Celethain was standing on the bloody field of battle and ready to continue surprised him, for he himself would not have been able to do so. His respect for that elf grew deeply in that moment.
With a sigh, he turned his eyes back on the Kellquenti elf who had approached them. He appeared to have fought bravely and fiercly, a lone survivor like they, and weary also.

He will travel with us, it seems.

"What are you called?" Narmion asked, studying the elf's expression at the sight of Celethain. Cold eyes hinted at an inward search for some lost memory and a smothering anger akin to his own.
"I am Narmion, and I am no lord. I regret that I have no water to spare for you or your horse, for all of mine was spent only hours ago, and the waterskin lost amidst the frenzy. Such a battle I had hoped never to see....."
The memories of his companions as they were hewn down by wicked blades, thier blood staining the trampled and ruined earth, filled his vision. He trembled with the thought, gripping the hilt of his sword and wishing there were an orc in sight for killing.
"No...." he said softly to himself, releasing the hilt and letting bloodied hands drop to his sides, "..there has been enough blood spilled this night. I desire to do no more of it."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 03:39
Glyndr nodded a bow again, cursing as the blade wound in his side reminded him agonisingly of its presence,"I must remember not to do that" he thought,That thought, he once would have found amusing, but there was no humour here anymore.
"I am Glyndr, captain in", He paused,and looked back towards his horse, The emerald dragon on his treasured flag fixed him with its ruby stare,"Was captain", he corrected himself," in the Kellquenti army. I search still for those perhaps left alive".
Glyndr glanced again towards his horse, the stallion trembled, and looked as if he was about to fall, never to stand again.
"Water!" Glyndr turned swiftly, to move silently amongst the scattered bodies,He kicked orc corpses out of his way as he searched for a precious waterskin,ignoring the pain one of their blades had given him.
He suddenly leapt forward, a cat on its prey,He had found one,a precious waterskin, Testing the water quickly he said ,"It appears fresh enough, and enough to share"
Glyndr poured a little into a discarded orc helmet and held it as the grey drank, He had given his favoured horse his share,
Steping over the bloated corpse of a goblin, Glyndr brought the waterskin to Narmion,
Glyndr placed the waterskin in Narmion's hands "here drink, for we may not find more in many days"
He gripped the soldier's arm in his pale, slender hand,"He slips from us", Glyndr glanced back at Celethain,"We must not let his Fea leave this world too soon,there are so few of us left" he whispered close,"help him, help us all".
Cold eyes turned to Celethain,
Glyndr moved silently to face Celethain as he stared, motionless to the eastern sky.
Dark storms in ice blue eyes looked deep into cold steel,"Do not give up so easily that precious gift given by Iluvatar,and also in vain,We have all lost too much already, we are all that are left of our kind,We must survive!"
Glyndr shook Celethain by the shoulders, he knew he risked a dagger in his neck, the Elf he remembered was very quick with a dagger.
"Live!" Ice blue eyes darkening to almost match the indigo
of his cloak,"Live for those who have died this night, keep their faith alive!
Glyndr turned to face the rising ,blood red sun, "When we have tended those that need our comfort, shall we then turn to the eastern new light, or towards the darkness still in the west?"
l
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 09:56
"Live for those who have died this night, keep their faith alive!
Glyndr turned to face the rising ,blood red sun, "When we have tended those that need our comfort, shall we then turn to the eastern new light, or towards the darkness still in the west?"

Celethain looked wearily up into Glyndr's stormy eyes. "The dawn will forever be red, mellon nin. The times of peace are breached; naught but destruction will follow this last battle. The days have gone down in the west, behind the hills into the bloodstained shadows. And now you ask of me to choose where my loyalties lie?"

He laughed, a harsh, cruel sound like grating rock. "Eastern light is a lie. The darkness in the West does not try to deceive." He smiled coldly, like an insane person. The silence of the land was broken with his harsh breathing, the only sound in a desolate landscape.

"My brother is dead. I have no one left of my race; you are not of Sindarian bloodlines; nor is my other companion. We are all that is left of a soon to be forgotten race." Celethain slowly undid his battle armour, letting the blood encrusted garment fall to the ground with a dull thud. He also pulled off his helmet.

Dressed only in a soft linen tunic and breeches, Celethain motioned toward the growing light in the east. "Do you wish to avenge those who have died?" he asked before walking forward, his silver hair catching the light so it reflected like new fallen snow seeped with blood.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 06:17
Narmion thanked Glyndr and drank of the water, watching silently as the dark-haired Kellquenti took Celethain by the shoulders. He would never have dared such- he had seen that elf's wrath before.

"My brother is dead. I have no one left of my race; you are not of Sindarian bloodlines; nor is my other companion. We are all that is left of a soon to be forgotten race."

The younger elf did not expect Celethain to remove his armor, however. As he did, dropping the bloody, beaten symbols of war onto the ground, Narmion wondered if he had atlast succumbed to grief. The helmet was tossed aside, revealing the silver hair that marked this elf apart from many others.
"Do you wish to avenge those who have died?" Celethain asked, then walked toward the eastern light in naught but tunic and breeches- clothing that would turn neither blade nor shaft.
Narmion's heart stirred arubtly at the elf's words.
"I seek revenge," he said in a tone low and bitter, "for I may not rest until every fallen elf upon this blood stained field is avenged. My heart will ever rage at sensless evil, but my anger will be quelled if only my sword finds a mark worthy of my vengance."
He walked a few steps behind Celethain, then turned to the newcomer.
"Glyndr, will you travel with us, despite those wounds? I see they pain you, though you seek to hide it."

(OOC. I apologize for the shortness of this one- its late and I'm not very inspired. 0_o)

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by dreamdancer]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 05:40
Glyndr watched as Celethain removed his armour, he was surprised , yet understood the significance,
He had shed his own armour long before, its weight too heavy to bear against his wound and too heavy a reminder of the weight of war, he never wore a helmet, trading its protection for the freedom to use his Elven senses without the hindrance of metal.
Glyndr glaced towards Narmion before striding towards Celethain, if only to reassure the soldier he meant Celethain no harm.
Reaching the silver haired Elf he halted him with a slender hand against his chest, Glyndr no longer feared this Elf's anger,Celethain seemed to have lost that fire.
"Your loyalties should lie with Elvenkind either in the east or the west, you have no choice. We cannot wander aimlessly, we must find a path!", He pushed harder against Celethain's chest, the stargem inthe ring on his finger and the one in his ear shone bloodfire in the new sun's angry glare.
"My brother is also dead," the pain of remembering sharp hurt in his eyes, "His life was taken before he could even begin to live it to the full, My twin, the other half of my life lives only in my heart now" Glyndr's hand gripped the light material of Celethain's tunic, "No I am not of Sindarin bloodlines, the Kellquenti are of Noldorin blood,but if I am the last of my race then I shall live to keep it alive,and so should you!, you who resemble the Teleri race more in colouring" Glyndr turned to Narmion, "Narmion, you have a powerful strength in you, fired by anger and hate, we shall need that strength before the end .Yes, I shall travel with you,
His cold eyes mirrored the crimson fire of the evil sun, "And yes I shall have revenge!"

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by elflyn]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 10:00
"My revenge lies to the East," Celethain said simply. His eyes had flared ever so briefly when Glyndr had stopped him. But he could not hold such a long ago grudge now when he felt like breaking apart with the agony of his brother's death.

Glyndr had undergone a similar pain, yes, but could he truly understand the horror that racked Celethain's body mind and soul? Could he understand what it was to see his brother again after several thousand years apart, to know his brother for who he was, for what he was?

No. Glyndr had not suffered the acute pain of destroying all family ties only to need them at the moment those with the ties died. Both Celethain and the Kellquenti Elf had something in common, but it was not enough for a true bond. Never enough.

"You lost your other half," Celethain said quietly. "I lost myself. For that is what Daerhil was." Blood on his face looked strangely like tears... "Daerhil was me. He was father, brother and mentor. Everything, though I failed to recognize it." His words were flat and anything but emotional. One could never guess at the tumultuous emotions boiling within him.

Without looking at either Glyndr or Narmion, Celethain again started off into the East. His mind held a single purpose--to destroy those who had essentially destroyed him. "Are you coming to your revenge, or will you wait for it to find you?" he called over his shoulder. The words rang out in the late dawn with cruel irony.

(Hey, I was thinking that maybe we could take the beginning of this RP and make it into a story for the Fanfiction archive. what do you think? I can put it up and put you as co-authors or something. )
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 05:21
Narmion's heart stirred ever more as Celethain spoke of his loss. He knew that he would never fully understand the pain that the elf suffered.
"Are you coming to your revenge, or will you wait for it to find you?"
The younger elf smiled grimly at the words and walked after Celethain, removing his helmet as well and letting it fall beside him. He had no desire, however, to remove the rest of the armor.
He was skilled in battle, but not so skilled as to dodge a strike when armour could serve to halt one.
Going at a trot, he walked a few steps behind Celethain, a little to his left so that he could see his face. Never had he been able to discern what thoughts circled behind those cold eyes, but he felt easier to see them nonetheless.

"For how long do we walk on?" he asked, turning his head as he side-stepped a fallen elf, closing his eyes to the gorey scene and trying at once to forget it. He felt that these images would forever be with him, pushing into fury and grief

The rising sun cast a glow on all of it, illuminating armor not covered with blood and glinting off broken swords and shields. Lifeless bodies cast dim shadows, and the shadows seemed to mourn as well. Narmion's pace quickened.

(that would be awesome!! ^_^ )
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 04:06
Glyndr watched as the two Elves walked towards the dawn in the fiery eastern sky.
His very soul cried out to Celethain, Glyndr felt the futility of it all as sharply as them both,"what right do we have to live ,when all that we lived for is now dead and lost forever?"
Glyndr fought the feeling of hopelessness that bore deep in his soul,Kellquenti were a strong willed race,too proud to give in to such emotions.
He at least must stay strong , or all would be in vain.
As he went to follow the others he saw a movement, a glitter on metal, he moved cautiously towards it.
Glyndr crouched beside another Elf, only just in their world,
"My brother,I am here, you are not alone",Glyndr sat amongst the carnage, he lifted the mutilated body gently onto his lap, the bloodied body hardly recognisable as the once fair bieng it had been.
The Elf turned terrified eyes to Glyndr's cold calm as Glyndr cradled the Elf's head against his indigo and silver chest,Glyndr spoke , in his own tongue, softly to him in words of comfort, How he wished he could have held his own brother in death."Do not try to speak, have no fear I shall stay with you" Glyndr said as the Elf's bloodied hand gripped a lock of his long rainbow raven hair.
Glyndr stayed until the grip loosened forever.
He spoke words of departure for the Fea that now flew , free of pain and the horrors of war.
He covered the body with the Elf's unshattered, silver wrought shield , Its beauty shone amongst the hideous horror that surrounded it.
Glyndr stood slowly, he went to his horse, the animal now seemed a little more recovered, Speaking softly to the stallion ,he led it forward to follow Celethain and Narmion through the path of the dead.
Glyndr cried silent tears of deep despair as he walked to join them,slowly freezing to become the proud, strong Kellquenti warrior as he reached their side,
"To the east then, at least now we have a path to follow".
Glyndr knew each of them must learn to trust each other, three Elves of three different races, each with his own sorrows and grief. They must work together to find their destiny, wherever it lay.
It would not be an easy road.
(Glad DD agrees, Please if no one else joins us can we keep this one going between us, you two write so well, it gives me something to get seriously angst about!!! I enjoy it!)
[Edited on 5/2/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 5/2/2005 by elflyn]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 08:11
Narmion was aware of Glydnr stopping to comfort the dyeing elf. He did not stop, though, intent now on going forward. He had little hope for himself or his companions, but his anger drove him on. Whatever obtsacle they came to he would gladly take on, if only he could find comfort in the swing of a blade and smite the smouldering rage in his heart.
Presently Glydr came up behind them.

"To the east then, at least now we have a path to follow".

Narmion said nothing for a moment, choosing instead to study his companions as they walked. Both had seen more trouble than he, and more strife and pain--of that he was positive. Celethain seemed be completely focused on his road now. Gyldnr led his horse slowly, face grim and thoughtful.

(once again sorry so short. at school with limited time)
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 01:46
((Hello, hope it's alright for me to pop in at this point. I have posted in the OOC thread. Any exact location at the moment?))

A dark horse and rider galloped across the open plains. The rider was content to let his horse pick it's own path, in no particular hurry to reach any destination at all. He watched the land pass away beneath him quietly. His reigns sat loosely in his hands. He had yet to use them on his horse.

Suddenly, as he crested a hill, he jerked back on his reigns, startled and sickened by the sight of a battlefield before him. His horse stamped nervously as the scent of death wafted over the plain. Looking over the plain, he saw broken weapons and bodies. Dismounting, he carefully led his horse into the sea of dead bodies. Stooping, he looked at one of those fallen.

He almost retched at the sight. An elf, mutilated almost beyond recognition, lay next to him, eyes wide in terror. Near him, a fallen orc lay. He scrambled to his feet and backed a few paces away, staring around him in horror. All around him, elven kind and Orcs lay dead. This had been a battle between the Elves and their evil once-kin. No human soul had witnessed the horror. He was the one Man who had seen these dead bodies. He was the one Man who would know of this slaughter.

Squeamish now, he led his horse on, keeping his eyes carefully pointed ahead and not to the ground. The elves, then, are dead, he thought to himself. He couldn't believe it. He just couldn't believe it. Snap out of it, Arato. Now is not the time to go all to pieces. I must see if there are any survivors that I can help.

Suddenly, in the distance he saw movement. Startled, he turned towards it and spotted three figures in the distance, one with a horse, all moving away from him. He changed direction and started after them.

"May I be of any assistance?" Arato called out to them, over the silence of the plain.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 08:08
Celethain's steel eyes smouldered with rage. He seemed so distant, yet acutely pained. Smiling with an almost unreal look on his face, the Elf answered Narmion. "We walk on to the East, the cryptic riddles of the night are hidden in the day. Yet all shall fade eventually, leaving the hunters of revenge free to pursue their chosen course. For that is what you want, is it not? That is what we all want, true?"

The albino's sure steps faltered then. Something welled up within him, an emotion so alien that it was difficult to truly percieve. Yet Celethain felt sure he knew what it was that writhed so menacingly in his broken-spirited body--it was death. That fatal calling which he'd never imagined would ever come to claim him.

A vicious happiness welled up in the Elf. It may not be now, or even soon, but he knew without doubt that he would die and see Daerhil again. He would be able to atone for the wrongs which he'd done. Almost lightheaded with such ironic happiness--that one who had feared death now hoped for it--Celethain almost missed the call of the rider.

He turned, blue eyes piercing and blood soaked hair swinging about his shoulders like a silver and red tinged cloak.

[Edited on 9/2/2005 by Salkiethia]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 02:38
Glyndr turned sharply, ice blue eyes piercing the darkening day. a storm was growing in the west, dark clouds towered , an evil menace on the horizon, thunder rolled in echoes amongst the dead.
The voice that called to them was not of Elvenkind, "'Tis a man that calls us",Glyndr almost growled, he did not trust the loyalties of the race of men.Glyndr trusted no one , the race of men the least.
"Narmion," Glyndr turned anxious eyes towards the soldier,
"We are losing him fast," Glyndr had heard Celethain's poignant words," I shall do my utmost to keep his Fea in our world, I have lost two of my kin in this way that our kind has, to give up on life, to die from within, to will it so".
Glyndr turned to look at Celethain,"Narmion, you must help me in this I cannot do this alone," He glanced towards the lone figure that had hailed them," I do not trust the race of men, yet perhaps he may be of some help in our quest" .
Glyndr turned back to Celethain. Again he held him by the shoulders, he spoke to him in his own tongue, an enchantment of his race, a spell of hope.
Glyndr would not give up,he was determined to keep this Elf's precious Fea in their world whether Celethain wished it or not.
"Too few of us left", he said softly to no one in particular,
Glyndr looked across the darkening plains, he awaited the arrival of the man on the dark horse.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 07:48
Narmion watched Celethain's face and wondered at its expression, for the thoughts that lay behind those cold eyes were a mystery to him. He said nothing in reply to the question his leader had asked; he did seek revenge, but he felt that revenge was not all Celethain sought.
Then Glyndr spoke, and it was made clear to the younger, more brash elf. Narmion did not understand the longing for death; indeed, death was something that, before he had wintnessed so much of it, had been a completely alien thought.
Narmion then turned his eyes to the horizon as well, where the others were looking and where the call had come from. A man was approaching- a mortal man. The dark-haired elf had never been overfond of them; actually, he neither liked nor disliked them, but did not know if he could trust the rider approaching now. It seemed strange to him that a lone rider should appear upon the battlefield so soon after the fact.
Keen eyes saw how the rider avoided looking at the bodies strewn about. Narmion eyed his two companions next. Neither made a move to reply, too weary, he guessed, for formalities in greeting.
He gingerly lay a hand on his sword hilt. He felt that any delay in their traversing was a waste of time, and he did not especially like the looks of this newcomer.

Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 10:23
Arato noticed the tensing of the three elves before him and realized that if he was looking for welcome, he probably would have been better off walking into the hands of Orcs. Casting back his hood, which still covered his face, he continued to ride.

Suddenly, his horse stumbled slightly, causing Arato's gaze to fall upon another mutilated elf. He gasped softly and swiftly averted his eyes, but not before the image had become etched in his memory. He stopped a few feet from the three elves and stayed still, hands in view.

"I am a ranger, of a sort," Arato said. He shook dark hair from his face again and studied the other three before him. "I can sense distrust, but I played no part in this. I only just stumbled upon the battlefield a little while ago." He shifted in his saddle a bit. His eyes swept the group, taking in the state of the three elves before him. "I am sorry. Your people did not deserve a fate such as this. They should have seen the light of Valinor again, not died by the hands of Orcs.

"I wish to offer my help to you, if you'll accept it. I am a healer," he finished quietly. He dismounted his horse and came to take the animal's reins in his hand. Standing before the elves, he studied them more closely. He hoped that they would accept his help. The dark-haired one's wound drew his attention and he winced softly. It needed to be treated, he could tell that. Making no move, Arato waited for their answer. It was best to let them decide rather than for him to act now and ask later.

((Hoping that's long enough...))
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 01:11
Glyndr glanced at his companions , neither seemed willing to answer, Celethain, he could understand, yet Narmion seemed to think as Glyndr did, He put it down to the Elf's (not much younger than himself) despair and weariness,and their mutual distrust of this mortal that kept his silence.. One of them must at least speak with the stranger, Glyndr, took it upon himself to speak where the others could, or would not.
" I am sorry for our lack of welcome" Glyndr nodded a painful bow, to be reminded sharply of his folly,he cursed silently, the scimitar wound now desperate pain.
"we seek what is left of our kin, our race feared destroyed forever,We hold no trust, or hope of our quest"Glyndr looked anxiosly towards Celethain, "I fear that it may be lost before we begin, yet the three of us, if that is all that is left of Elvenkind must find a way", Glyndr ran a trembling hand through his extraordinary long, rainbow raven hair, "can a mortal help us,find our destiny, where we fear we cannot?".
Glyndr was as desperate as the others to find whatever future,if any lay before them for the race of Elves, yet he as they, secretly held little hope. Did any of teir cities, towns or villages still survive? Were there still Elves, both male and female left anywhere on this middle earth?
Glyndr did not trust this mortal, Yet prhaps, just perhaps he may be able to help.
They must take every chance.

[Edited on 10/2/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 11/2/2005 by elflyn]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 07:32
Narmion said nothing in reply to the man's words, but he listened when Glyndr began speaking.
"can a mortal help us,find our destiny, where we fear we cannot?".
"I know not what help this mortal could give," he finally said in a low voice, peircing eyes searching the man's, "For the quest we seek is of our own desire- revenge...and whatever else..." he cast a quick glance at Celethain, then turned his eyes back to the newcomer, "If a healer you are, then you might offer aid to Glydr before we continue- but understand this. We are in need of haste, and if you would come with us you would risk your own death. However, the decision is not mine to make...." and in a voice low enough for only the elves to hear, "..but it is one I would certainly judge against."
He shifted his weight from one foot to the other, still gripping the sword tightly. The man did not seem a threat, but Narmion was still angry and did not wish to halt their journey.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 06:36
"I'm not certain if I can help you 'find your destiny', as you put it," Arato said, carefully measuring his words. Elves were dangerous if one crossed them, and he wished not to give them a bad impression of him. "But I am certain that I can make sure the wound in his side is clean." He gestured to the elf called Glyndr. "If you would but allow me, my lord," he tacked on, adressing the wounded elf.

Turning his attention back to the elf that had just spoken to him, he studied him carefully. "I understand your haste, and I understand that there is the possibility that I may die if I join you, but there have been many times in my life that I have willing laid my life on the line," he replied. "I am not afraid to die. I am, after all, only mortal, and I will die in time.

"However," Arato continued, "If you would allow me to join you, I would like to offer you my aid, however little it may be. And I dare say you do need my help, considering one of your comanions is injured and the other is fading." He crossed his arms, one hand fingering the long knife hanging on his belt. He was acutely aware that the elf that he was speaking to had his hand on the hilt of his sword. Should this elf decide he was a threat, there was little chance he stood against him. Better to be safe rather than sorry.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 08:07
Glyndr watched the confrontation between Narmion and the stranger with interest, Narmion showed his mistrust openly where Glyndr kept it hidden.
The stranger is observant, Glyndr thought, He has perhaps had dealings with Elves before,he has understood that Celethain is fading, only Elves could see that desperate grief that inwardly destroyed in another of their kin.
Glyndr took a deep breath as he leant on his horse's neck for support," Narmion is right we have no time to spare, we must continue with haste," His ice blue eyes sharp with pain and uncertainty, "He is also right that this orc blade wound must be treated soon, or I shall not find the strength to continue the pace",
He looked uneasy as he said, "If you can help to ease the fire in the wound as you offer , then I must accept with thanks".
Glyndr did not fully trust any of the race of men, yet in this he had no choice.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 12:07
"I do not trust Men," Celethain put in coldly. "Do what you can for Glyndr, but then I will ask you to leave. I go on to my death wherever that lies. The others, too, may have an agenda that does not concern the other races that may wander through them." The Elf was silent for a moment before adding, "Except for orcs."

"Glyndr, there is only so much I, or Narmion could do for you. Will you let this human," he spat the word with disdain, "heal you? We cannot afford delays and your wound would cause one."

The albino Elf nodded stiffly to Arato before turning to the East again. He began speaking softly in Elvish, too soft to distingush the words, but the musical sound played through the devestation of the battlefield.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 01:02
Arato’s eyes flashed in anger when he heard the third elf’s words. He quickly calmed himself and refrained from turning to the elf and snarling what he wanted to say. He did not particularly wish to part with his head, nor did he wish to wind up with a knife in one of his eyes. Neither was the way he really wanted to die. Calmly, he turned to the elf.

“I can’t change the way you may see my race,” Arato said, addressing the sliver-haired elf. “But neither can you send me away when all I wish to do is offer you help. I am not like my own kind in many ways. I have had dealings with elves and it saddens me to think that some of my friends may be laying on this very battlefield in death.” He turned his back to the elf he was addressing for a moment to search through his saddlebags. “Even if I can’t change you view, I may be able to gain at least *some* respect.” Arato turned back to the elf with the wound, Glyndr.

“Glyndr, is it?” he asked softly, approaching the elf. “The sooner you let me see that wound, the sooner you will be on your merry way to your deaths,” he said morbidly. “For if you don’t accept help when it is offered, that is surely where you will be headed.” Arato bit back a chuckle. “Stubborn elf-kind, walking willingly to your deaths,” he muttered under his breath in Sindarin. “At the hands of Orcs, no less.”
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 01:27
Celethain I have no choice!" Gylndr almost screamed, " I must, I shall go with you and Narmion to whatever end is destined for our race, but orc poison runs in my blood , Valar, I wish it not, yet this orc blade has set a poison fire in me I cannot fight, if this man can give me hope then I must accept it"
Glyndr bowed his head,"Go then if you must, leave me to follow how I can, But I shall find you , I shall not abandon you or Narmion in our quest" Glyndr shuddered,"Give me a moment I beg of you, Let this man do what he can,If you cannot accept this then go, I shall find you", Glyndr was beyond caring, orc poison too deep in his blood" Go if you must , I shall find you".
Glyndr turned desperate ice blue eyes to Arato, "Do what you can!"

[Edited on 13/2/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 13/2/2005 by elflyn]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 02:59
"R-right," Arato said shakily, never having seen an elf that desperate in his whole life. Pressing the elf into a sitting position, he crouched down next to him and gently probed the wound with his fingers. The skin around it was hot to the touch, which concerned him.

Arato rose and went to his horse again. Taking his half-empty water skin from where it hung from his saddle, he once again looked through his saddlebags and found his herbs. Taking what he needed, he crouched down next to Glyndr and began to wash the crusted blood from around the wound with a rag he had taken from his saddlebags.

"I'm not sure how much I can do to help you," Arato said uncertainly. What if I can't help him? he thought in despair. What if he dies? His hands shook from where they cleaned the wound. Gathering his fears, he pushed them away and focused his attention on the task at hand.

Preparing a paste with some herbs from his pack, he bent his head to hide the fear in his eyes. Once he finished, he spread it carefully over the wound before binding it with bandages. Arato turned his attention back to his herbs to prepare something that the elf could ingest to possibly fight the poison in his blood more than the slave could. Once he finished, he handed the small bowl to to the elf.

"Drink this. It will stop the poison before it gets worse," he said softly. Silently, he prayed that his assumptions were correct. "Valar," he whispered, turning his head to scan the battlefield again. "What a massacre. How did this happen?" he asked, more to himself than to the elves around him.

((Please note that I know absolutely nothing about herbology, so I did not include any names of herbs due to the fact that I don't know anything! I shall do research! *goes off to do more research on herbology*))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 04:41
Narmion said nothing when Celethain spoke, but he was dimly surprised at the elf's disgust. While he held mistrust for a stranger, Celethain seemed to hold a grudge against the very race of men.
Narmion watched the man. He was angry at the silver headed elf's remark, but he did well in stilling himself.
Intelligent, Thought Narmion, He knows not to brandish a weapon among us.
He watched silently still as Glyndr accepted the man's help against Celethains judgement, and he wondered if their leader would leave the Kelquinti there.

"What a massacre. How did this happen?
The man spoke when he had completed his healing techniques. Narmion was in no hurry to speak, but in his wrath he did so.
"Filthy souless creatures the lot of them," he spat, then turned his emerald glare on the man, "Neither have I seen anything so terrible. Never have I beheld so much blood in the grass; this land is stained for eternity. Do you see these- our bretheren- scattered about like bits of torn paper? Called to battle and they came, just as I did so, because it is faithless to run when others stand and fight. For valours sake, maybe, for honor. And yet...." he smirked grimly and took his hand from the sword hilt, waving it out and towards the corpses. "...see what it cost them. And now here we stand, maybe the last three of the firstborn. I do not know wheather to call myself lucky for surviving or not!"
Narmion stood silent for a moment, then with a shout gave a mighty kick to the helmet of a felled orc nearby. It sailed a few feet away, then the elf kicked the corpse itself. Turning away from Arato, he gripped the hilt again and shut his eyes, passing a hand over his eyes.

(hopefully not overdramatic. it got interesting while I was gone ^_^)

[Edited on 14/2/2005 by dreamdancer]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 12:21
Nodding his thanks to Arato, Glyndr took the bowl that he offered. he looked at the potion with suspicion, its colour and smell as equally disgusting,"I thank you, yet no", Glyndr placed the bowl on the ground, before standing slowly.
The blade wound still agony, he hoped that the mortal's healing skills would succeed,Glyndr knew that if he could not keep the pace Celethain would leave him. He had said as much.
"we cannot afford delays, and your wound would cause one" Glyndr flashed an ice cold glare towards the silver haired Elf,Celethain's cold heartless words burned a deep anger in Glyndr's soul."Go then!" he thought,the anger burning as hot as the orc poison in his blood,"Go but you shall not get far,you shall not find that revenge and taste its sweetness, " Glyndr's glare ice fire, "Your Fea slips from us you shall die before you reach your goal, I have pledged to do all that I can to keep that gift of life in our world. Well, damn you Ishall no longer!"
Glyndr put his hand to his head, "Valar! what am I thinking? we must not fight or hate or have anger between us , or all is lost before it begins", he calmed his anger slowly.
Turning his gaze to Arato, he wondered if the mortal would travel with them, or whether he had taken offence at Celethain's scathing words.
Glyndr's idle thoughts were shattered as Narmion kicked the orc helmet, Glyndr jumped, "Orcs!", instinctively and through training he leapt, twisting in mid air,drawing his sword in one swift, fluid movement,The silver-blue blade flashed with the cold fire of death,as it arced its deadly path to stop a mere fraction from Narmion's neck.Glyndr realised his deadly mistake only just in time to stop it. Glyndr froze, he prayed Narmion would forgive such a terrible mistake.

[Edited on 14/2/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 14/2/2005 by elflyn]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 08:49
When the blade stopped mere inches from Narmion's throat he jumped back, whipping his own blade from its hilt and holding it out towards the injured elf. Rage was swirling inside him like a whirlpool, devouring the sense that would have told him what Glyndr had said only moments before- they needed no fight between them.

The young elf did not think of that, however, for he was brash and hasty.

For a few moments all was silent. The very air was tense and tight, as if lighting would pop within it and strike those who stood there. The swords glinted in the glow of firstlight, both stained with the blood of orcs.
"Do you challenge me, Glyndr?" Narmion demanded, green eyes burning and chest heaving, "I would think it unwise in your present state, wounded and unhealed. But if you wish for a fight then come forth with it!"

(ooh 0_o sorry so short...)

[Edited on 14/2/2005 by dreamdancer]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 10:46
"Wounded and unhealed",Glyndr growled under his breath,"that I am, but I shall take you Elf!"
For a deadly, fleeting moment in red gold sunlight, ice blue met emerald locked in a challenge.
Glyndr's dark past came again to the present to haunt him, Glyndr had never run from a challenge, he lived on them.
His fingers tightened around the Elf rune, studded hilt of his sword, "Come then", he snarled, for a moment,as red fire glinted on the Elven blades. Glyndr thought ,"I shall have you young Elf!".
Red on Elven blades, Glyndr froze again ," Red, the blood of our kin". He bowed his head, but kept the sword raised, he did not trust Narmion's brash temprament.
"Forgive me, I acted in haste and unwisely, I thought you of orckind, When you kicked the helmet I reacted on instinct, not with thought".
Thunder rolled across the plains of the dead as the storm grew ever closer, Glyndr allowed his gaze to wander for a second from emerald, he had seen what looked like the dust of a small party of orcs moving swiftly on the distant western horizon, he prayed to his Kellquenti gods that it was only mere dust devils he saw, brought on by the winds of the storm.
"Is that just the storm I see, or shall our blades again run black with the blood of orcs?"
Glyndr hoped that one of his companions would say it was the power of nature that caused the dust and not the evil of orcish devils.
Ice blue locked again with emerald as he awaited Narmion's next move.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 06:46
"Is that just the storm I see, or shall our blades again run black with the blood of orcs?"

Narmion did not let his gaze leave the Kellquinti for a moment, but slowly he stepped back and lowered the blade, without returning it to its sheath. Now he knew not what to think of this elf. Had he indeed drawn his weapon only due to instincts of war? The younger elf had done it himself on many accounts- but always to the distruction of orcs. Never were any of his own kind involved. Had that Kellquinti blade gone any furthur, Narmion would now have joined the countless others who's lives had fled them. That thought in itself angered him.

Taking a deep breath to calm himself, he allowed a quick glance in the direction Glyndr had looked and saw the dust rising. He could not see clearly what caused it, but keen eyes could make out several small figures coming their way, and he saw steel glinting in the sunlight.
"It is no storm," he said softly, turning his hard gaze back on Gylndr, "and elves would not cause such chaos with the earth beneath their feet. If we are still to have this duel, then it must wait. I think our swords will find better targets for hewing than the necks of injured or angry elves."

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 09:33
The ice blue eyes lost their sharp fire, Glyndr never meant to even threaten Narmion,He had great respect for one so young who had been through such hell that a young Elf should never have seen, and one who ,still as Celethain did, kept revenge and strength, even if Celethain now began to lose that strength.
His hand shook as he lowered his sword, "Always!"he thought, a desperate fear in his heart,"Must what I once was always haunt me? Glyndr's mercenary past had honed his already sharp Elven senses to utmost perfection,In that profession it was kill or be killed.
Weariness, and the orc fire in his blood half maddened him,"I am as cursed as the Noldor whose blood runs in my veins. KINSLAYERS!.
the word struck fear and pain in his deep soul. "Is that what I really am?. No," Glyndr felt Narmion's distrust, he stepped back a pace,he knew he had probably had ruined any trust the Elf ever had in him, If Narmion wanted the duel Glyndr would not refuse, it was not his way, but he would fight to defend himself , never to kill the brash young Elf.
"It is no storm", Narmion's words were as harbinger of doom .
Glyndr turned to face the death thatswept towards them over the realm of the already dead.
He held his silver-blue sword in salute to Narmion, Arato and Celethain as he faced death with proud , ice blue Kellquenti spirit."Now it comes to it" he whispered, " May we all live to find a destiny other than death here on this field of battle".
Glyndr spoke queitly in his own tongue, as he took his place shoulder to shoulder with his companions.
(OOC sorry to post twice, but I had one point left and I wanted to use it wisely as it says! I shall shut up now until late tomorrow for someone else to post PS Glyndr doesn't really have it in for Narmion, but if Narmion wants the duel and Salkiethia doesn't mind, go for it . 'cos neither will get killed. just a bit of horseplay!!!
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 02:04
Arato stood quietly off to one side as the elf he had been trying to help, Glyndr, placed the bowl with the potion he had created on the ground. He stiffled a sigh: he knew that it smelled bad and tasted worse, but it really did help. He even stood his ground when Glyndr sprang at Narmion with a drawn weapon. Best not to get involved with a fight between two elves. Quite frankly, he valued his life very much.

"It is no storm." Narmion said a moment later. Arato looked to where his attention was focused. True enough, there was a dust cloud rising up in the distance. He could see it faintly, his eyesight not as good as that of the elves'. The elves got ready to defend themselves, so Arato pulled his sword out of his sheath and stepped beside them, standing a little ways away.

He was actually very tempted to spring up on Bane and ride away from the ensuing battle, but he figured that he wouldn’t get far. Besides, it wasn’t as if he was one to run away from a fight. And if the elves survived, they might get the wrong idea and think it was he that had caused everything that had happened to their kin and hunt him down as well.

Sighing, Arato shook his head. What a world he lived in! He was actually rather glad that he was mortal and didn’t have to live for centuries in such an insane world. Shaking his head again, Arato turned his attention to the oncoming orcs and glanced sidelong at the elves. The look was more out of concern for Glyndr, but also for the others. He was curious as to how long the silver-haired one would last. Arato recognized that he would probably begin to fade soon, if he wasn’t already. Turning away, his gaze fell upon the antidote he had created and he growled. Stubborn elves and their stupid pride!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email