Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Red Dawn (Keeper!)
on: February 16, 2006 03:09
((Sorry it took so long! I've been busy, but here's my post!))

Eadoin felt his jaw dropping as the kitchen brought out their fabulous creations for the wedding feast. He applauded in wonder with the rest of the guest as they were set, one by one, on the High Table. Once everything was out, he found himself watching Elladan and Elrohir were served their food.

"Eadoin, here," Aiden said, pressing a bottle of wine into his brother's hand. Eadoin went to pass it on, but Aiden refused to let go. "Drink some, this is a feast! Loosen up!"

"I'd rather not," Eadoin replied, still trying to pass the bottle along to the elf next to him. For the most part, the elf was watching the two of them with amusement twinkling in his eyes.

"Chicken?"

"Not interested in drinking."

"Spoilsport." Aiden poured some wine into his brother's glass anyways. Afterwards, he passed it on. Arato glowered at Aiden across the table as Eadoin stared doubtfully at his glass.

"Don't drink too..." Arato trailed off as Aiden downed half his glass in one gulp. He hid his face in his hands and muttered, "Keene is going to kill me if he finds out..." He raised his head and fixed Aiden with a stare. "Just don't have too much."

"I wasn't planning to," Aiden replied, taking another gulp of his wine. Eadoin hesitantly reached for his glas and sipped cautiously at the liquid.

((I'll let someone else do the twins's reaction to the peppered food.))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 04:31
OOc// It's been awhile... let's see if we can get this baby up and workin'! *rubs hands together* Whoo!

Arianna watched her friend Melody take the two 'special' platters out, envying her ability to balance one on each hand with such a careless demeanor. The other Elf made a bee-line for the Twins, cutting around other servers and the Elves bearing empty dishes away. Ari smother a laugh as she watched her friend present the two plates to the Twins. And they thanked her.

By now, the Elf was having so much trouble not laughing that she had to slip back into the kitchen and ask the Elf doing the dishes if he minded having any help. With a bit of surprise, the Elf accepted her offer and just looked slightly bemused as she plunged into the work, getting soap up to her elbows and still grinning as broadly as if it was her own wedding.

Melody came back in a short time later, her eyes positively glowing. "They took it," she whispered to Ari as she passed. That set off a whole new set of giggling. Without being able to quiet herself, no matter the glares the Head Cook gave her, Rodwin finally threw Ari out (gently, of course) of the kitchen with explicit orders not to return until "you get those maddening giggles out of sight, m'dear".

Ari took Rodwin at her word and slipped out into the cool gardens, admiring the plants and finally curling up on one of the benches with a book, determined to wait until the esert course came before going back to the Hall.

No one really was supposed to start eating until the bride and groom took the first bites, but there were always those who thought they were above rules. Or beneath them. The Twins, tricksome though they were, would not however, bend custom with their father sitting next to them. They thanked the server who brough their food, but waited, watching Glyndr and Laliath out of the corner of one eye and Rolan out of the other.

"If they do anything, that lad'll be up to his eyebrows in it," Elladan said crossly as he adjusted his tunic, looking critically at his reflection in the mirror.

"I do believe you are correct," Elrohir agreed. "Anything they do seems to be connected either with that horse of theirs or Rolan. It's a shame really," he added as an afterthought. "The lad is quite adept at coming up with troublesome pranks."

Elladan made a face as he turned to face his twin. "Troublesome is most accurate. Almost too accurate for my liking."

Elrohir just smiled and tossed the last braid behind his ear. "Done. Now if we can just get through this ceremnoy without messing anything up too much."

"Look at him," Elrohir whispered to Elladan. "The little mite is eating everything in sight."

"Were that I were him," Elladan sighed. "If father wasn't here, I don't doubt I'd be doing much the same. I think that the people of Gondor probably are hearing my stomach complain right now..."

Elrohir poked him. "Look, they're about to take the first bites!" he exclaimed happily. And so Glyndr and Laliath were. The lifted their forks to much fanfare and fed each other a taste of the wonderful delicacies that had been prepared.

The Twins dove into their own meals. Then, much to the bemusement of the other Elves around them, inexplicably stopped eating. Very suddenly.

"Well," Elladan managed after a moment.

"Well indeed," Elrohir choked out. "I have said before that I enjoy spicy food, but this is going a little overboard on that account."

"No doubt," his twin rasped. "I think I need some wine. Or water."

The Elves around them made a great show of pouring out a glass of wine for each of them. Elrond lenaed back in his chair, smirking slightly.

"Is the food not to your taste?" he inquired mildly. "I was under the impression you could not wait to eat."

Under the looks of the other Elves, all slightly sneering though not maliciously, the Twins regarded their food and with sighs began to eat again.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 06:19
((Oh man, Sal. *giggles and jumps in with her own post*))

"Look. Look!" Eadoin whispered to his brother and Rolan with glee. "They're eating it. Just look at their faces!" Aiden and Rolan looked at the twins, who looked as if they were eating food that wasn't quite to their taste. Across the table, Arato realized what his brothers had done and put his head in his hands.

"You didn't..." Arato moaned softly.

"We did," Aiden replied. He clapped a hand on Eadoin's shoulder. "That, my friend, is a great piece of work." He refilled his wine glass and drank it very quickly. Eadoin grinned at Arato across the table.

"They deserved that," he said. "For sticking Aiden and Rolan to one another."

"If they find out it was you..." Arato warned.

"I know." Eadoin was distracted by Aiden refilling his glass for him.

----------

The feast was still going strong as midnight fell. Aiden, quite drunk, was up on the table, singing a bawdy song, much to Arato's embarrassment. The older man was trying - vainly - to get his younger brother off the table before he made a complete fool of himself.

Eadoin, feeling slightly muddled from all the wine that had been forced on him, excused himself for the gardens. Although he wasn't in as bad a state as his brother was, he stumbled slightly and wove in his steps. Before long, he found himself hopelessly lost in the gardens. Then he ssaw a soft glow coming from further down the path, and decided to see what it was. He rounded the corner and...

"Ari?" he asked, spotting the elf maiden curled up on the bench. She appeared to be watching the stars. "'M not disturbin' you, am I?" Eadoin sat down on the bench next to her and stared up at the stars. "What're you doin' here? Wha' about tha feast?"

Before his mind could register what his body had done, his head was resting softly on Ari's shoulder. "Mmmm... Ari, you're beautiful..." Eadoin's eyes slipped closed. "I love you..."

((NEEEE!))
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 10:07
(( Sorry for the delay... Has Narmion still got blond hair? I can't remember...))

“You look lovely,” he said with a smile, taking a sip of wine, “And what do you think of those two?” he gestured at the newlyweds, who were looking adoringly at eachother as if the party didn’t exist.

Amata nearly choked on her wine upon hearing the compliment, and managed somehow to turn it into a polite laugh - trying not to blush. Was it just a standard nicety? She bit her lip, not knowing whether to hope it was, or wasn't. Head over heart, Amata. Stumbling over someone asleep in the wood isn't usually what makes you fall in love with them. You're not in love. Look at Glyndr and Lalaith - they're in love. Do you look like that? No... get a grip.
She blinked, and ejected herself from the bewildering thoughtstream.
"Um, thanks. You look great too." She'd never been good at giving imaginative compliments... sighing to herself, she turned her gaze to the happy couple at the end of the table. "What do I think?" She grinned. "Well... it's nice to see they love each other... but they're overdoing it a bit in my opinion," she said mirthfully. "But I suppose it's not my place to judge them. If I were in love I suppose I'd want to gaze at my loved one too." She paused. "So, what do you think about them? Have you known Glyndr long, or was it just since the... battle?"

[Edited on 2/3/2006 by anduril269]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 11:49
OOc// *imitates Nimmy* NEEEE!

Ari looked up when she heard someone. Surely Rodwin wasn't out here looking for her! No - it was that boy, Ari saw. Or, perhaps young man was a better term. Eadoin, that was his name, she remembered.

He was weaving slightly and had the slightly fuzzy look in his eyes of one who is drunk, knows it and is trying very hard to keep anyone else from noticing.

"Ari?" he asked, spotting the elf maiden curled up on the bench. She appeared to be watching the stars. "'M not disturbin' you, am I?" Eadoin sat down on the bench next to her and stared up at the stars. "What're you doin' here? Wha' about tha feast?"

Definitely slightly drunk, Ari decided, and most likely on that heady wine Elrond enjoyed. She assumed he'd be slightly tipsy too, though perhaps not as badly off as this lad. After all, Elves had an immunity to alcohol up to a given point, certainly beyond human capacity, anyway.

Ari smiled at Eadoin. "I'm watching the stars," she told him. "The feast can wait. It's prettier out here, anyway." Then without warning he just sort of collapsed onto her shoulder and mumbled something.

"Mmmm... Ari, you're beautiful..." Eadoin's eyes slipped closed. "I love you..."

He...he what? Did he just-- Ari blinked several times, suddenly very glad that Eadoin was asleep instead of awake. What was she supposed to say to something like that? Love was all well and good for folk such as Laliath and Glyndr; other people among their own sorts, too, but--What does it matter, anyway? Ari asked herself. He'll be leaving with the rest of them when they go after that nasty something-or-other that's coming after us. He won't be able to help it. None of them ever can.

Gently, the Elf moved to situate both the human and herself into a more comfortable position - on the ground rather than the bench. That was just a trifle too awkward for her. And it was easier to think on the ground, sitting right under a clump of night-blooming flowers with the moon and stars shining just so. Eadoin's head rested in her lap. Her fingers slowly combed through his hair.

It will be a long time before they go, won't it? Ari asked the stars silently. The twinkled merrily at her, as though showing their assent. "But it might only be long to those who don't know the ages," she whispered back to them. With a brief sigh, she closed her eyes, and unwittingly drifted off to sleep, leaning against the night-flowers.

Rolan grinned wickedly at Aiden. "S' way ter do it," he slurred, jumping (or half-falling, really) onto the table next to the other young man. At the chorus, he raised a rowdy chorus of yells from the more interesting Elves at their table. And then he fell down as the table broke under so much weight in the center.

OOc// um, woops?
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 03:31
((*giggles again* WHOO! Watch out for them falling tables!))

"Aiden, Rolan! Watch the..." the table broke with a loud 'snap,' sending both Rohirric lads onto the floor amid plates of food and laughter from the elves. Arato leaned back in his chair in hid his face in his hands.

Aiden was laughing along with the elves as he rolled unsteadily to his feet. "Thank.... you... v'ry much!" he said, giving a bow that sent him to the ground again. "We're set ter do some... some... wha's tha word?" he hiccupped.

"I believe you're looking for 'encore', litthe brother," Arato said, heaving the two lads to their feet. "And you're not set to do any more. The only thing you're set to doing is passing out. Come along."

"But A'to, we don wanna *hic* go t' bed now. 'S not time yet..." Aiden protested.

"I don't care," Arato replied, dragging the boys behind him, staggering in their drunkenness.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 11:10
OOc// I feels slightly evil... Hey, Nimmy, are you waiting until 'tomorrow' to wake Eadoin up?

Rolan let himself be dragged along by Arato beside Aiden. He was giggling weakly and still singing the chorus of the song at the top of his lungs. Mm-hmm. No doubt about it. Life was good and Elves' wine was better.

*~*~*~*
Outside, in the dark where no one really was, a single figure watched the proceedings with interest. He kept himself hidden rather easily in the bushes. The windows were open. He caught the smell of the wonderful delicies that the kitchen staff had prepared. Hungrily, he licked his lips. Then, the wedding cake came out and he determined once and for all that he would have it. No matter how he got it.

*~*~*~*
Rodwin shooed the girls out into the hall with the cake, beaming at them. They took it out as the clamor aroused by the two human lads died down. There was evidence of a broken table, but something had been improvised to keep it up for the Elves who were sitting there.

The serving Elves bore the eight layer cake up to the dais, smiling at the apprecitive looks on everyone's faces. If the other delicies had been marvelous, they paled in comparison to this master work of art.

They set it down on the raised dais and stood back, waiting for the bride and groom to approach it together and cut the first slice of cake.

OOc// dont' have lots of expertise with wedding cakes... made description as vague as possible while still plausible.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2006 08:53
((Probably not. I'll probably make him come around shortly. BTW, hope you can understand what I type in this post.))

"Bed. Now. Don't even think about any more wine," Arato said sternly, walking Rolan into his room before turning around and pulling Aiden behind him.

"A'to, wassamatta with you?" Aiden slurred, stumbling along behind his brother. "Why you so 'pset? You need to... to... can't rem'ber tha word 'gain."

"Why am I upset?" Arato rounded on his brother. "You got drunk after I told you not to!"

"Was only 4 glasses... c'n drink tha much ale an' not get drunk."

"Elven wine is much more potent than ale, Aiden. I warned you about that too!"

"So?"

"Think about it, Aiden. If you had consumed as much wine as you would normally ale, you could have gotten sick. You never think about what you do until after you do it!" Arato resumed walking down the hall.

"Tha's not fair," Aiden replied, pulling his arm from Arato's graps. He fell onto the floor after that. "'S j'st sometimes 's better not t' think about what 'm doin'."

"Like drinking?"

"Tha's not fair, A'to! It's a cel'bration, 's all. Wanted t' have fun."

Silently, Arato picked his brother off the ground and steered him into his room, where he dumped the half-asleep boy onto his bed and left.

"'S not fair..."

----------

A while later, Eadoin finally began to come around. When he opened his eyes, he realized that he was on the ground with his head in someone's lap. A hand rested gently on his head. Moaning softly, Eadoin sat up and held onto his head, which throbbed with a dull headache. Eadoin looked up to the stars and noticed that he had only been asleep for a little while.

"Hope I didn't say anything stupid to her," Eadoin muttered, looking at Arianna. He couldn't really remember what had happened before he had fallen asleep. Then it hit him. He flushed.

"Oh Eru. I think that qualifies as stupid," he muttered again. "Although it makes me wonder how she took that..."
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 12:12
OOc// Well, it's been awhile, mates...

Arianna heard every word Eadoin spoke, as she regarded the stars, but decided to pretend she hadn't heard. When he stirred slightly, she looked down and gave him a warm smile. "Finally awake, oh lovely one?" she teased gently. He flushed. She could feel his face heating up under her hands. She shifted slightly. "Do you want to go back inside?" Ari asked Eadoin. She still wasn't quite sure of anything yet. Though, she had to admit, he was quite the handsome young man.

"Bed. Now. Don't even think about any more wine," Arato said sternly, walking Rolan into his room before turning around and pulling Aiden behind him.

Rolan plopped down on the bed and watched Aiden and Arato walk out the door. He rolled over onto his stomach and rubbed his head. He could almost feel a headache coming on. The little thief knew he'd have a mild hangover the next day, but nothing too bad. And he hadn't drank as much of the wine as Aiden had.

He made a face at the looking-glass. Aiden hadn't known when to give up drinking that stuff! He, Rolan, had. And Aiden would undoubtedly pay for his overindulgence the next day.

Rolan heaved himself out of bed and slipped out of his room. He could walk without weaving, which would have looked incredible to anyone who didn't understand the slippery ways of street thieves. Anyone who did, well, they would have known what the puddle of reddish liquid under his chair had meant...

The clever sneak had himself outside easily without being spotted. Now, just to find a room that had a great Elven lord who'd just retired into it... Rolan had a bit of a surprise planned for any Elven lord who wasn't looking precisely for a scrap of a boy filching stuff from his rooms.

The figure slipped around the pillars and into the hall. Thank goodness there were no doors! That would have made this much more difficult. Carefully, he placed one foot down at a time - it would do no good to make a racket where there was supposed to be none, after all!

As he came around the corner, he spotted Arato, dragging Aiden. Curosity got the better of him for the moment and he followed, still careful to place his feet where there would be no betraying clatter.

Arato dumped Aiden in his bedroom and left. The same figure who had been watching followed closely and then jumped out in front of the man, startling him. After all, who really expects to be stalked by a black horse?
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 03:00
((Oooh, Rolan is a little trixter! I ish tempted to catch him... but I won't.))

"Oh Eru!" Eadoin stared up at Ari, flushing furiously. "You heard me? I thought you were asleep!" He went to sit up, but her hand on his head stopped him. He relaxed a bit, and thought about her question. Finally, coming to a decision, he shook his head.

"No, it's nice out here. I'd like to stay, but if you want to go back in, that's okay," he said quietly. He fell silent for a short while, looking at Arianna's face in the halflight and the moon and stars beyond it.

"Arianna?" he asked softly. "What I said earlier, when I was drunker. I meant it. If you can't feel the same... I mean don't feel the same... I mean..." Eadoin trailed off, searching for the right words. Being around Arianna made him tongue-tied, and this was important! Eadion took a deep breath and finally sat up. He turned to look at her.

"Arianna, I really do love you. I didn't say that just because I was a little drunk, although that gave me the guts to say it. It's okay if you don't feel the same. I can understand. I mean, if something were to happen between us, and I died... You're immortal. I'm not." Eadoin scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "I'm not sure if I'm making any sense right now, so I guess I'll just stop talking..."

----------

The black horse stepped out in front of Arato, causing the man to step back, startled by the sudden appearance of their resident demon-horse. He let out a breath in a soft laugh and patted Diablo gently on the neck.

"Diablo. I should have known. A curious soul like you would follow me, wouldn't you?" Arato looked around. "How'd you get in here, anyway? And why are you here, hm?"
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 11:36
And they all lived happily ever after until a year from the day when Diablo was stalking Arato. But that's another story entirely.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 11:49
Glyndr....live happily ever after???? Ah well ..he does have Lalaith and a couple of 'Glyndurion terrors' on the way...So Yesss ..hapily ever after (NOT! LOL)
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email