<< First7891011
Author Topic:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Red Dawn (Keeper!)
on: September 26, 2005 01:11
"Nervous?"
Narmion's voice behind him made Glyndr jump so much he hit his elbow on the door post.

"NO!" he snapped back as he rubbed his bruised elbow, " I am not nervous"...he sounded very unconvincing.

The Captain looked at Narmion, Ice blue eyes told him that he was more than nervous.

"Narmion, if you must know , I am terrified" he hissed. "And don't you dare tell anyone"
Glyndr walked a few paces, and ran his many ringed hand through his hair. He stopped, then turned back to face the younger Elf.

"I cannot understand this, I will recklesly charge a horde of stinking orcs, yet, this marriage scares me".

He sat on a low wall, "Narmion sit by me", he patted the wall next to him.

When Narmion settled next to him Glyndr turned to look at him, an intense look in his eyes, " I love her beyond death, and I want to be with her for eternity, It is not the commitment that worries me,"
Glyndr stared at the floor.."Narmion..it's just....I don't have anything suitable to wear," he finished hurridly.

He dare not look Narmion in the eye., or he would see it was not the lack of wedding clothes that bothered him.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 29, 2005 02:23
" I love her beyond death, and I want to be with her for eternity, It is not the commitment that worries me,"
Glyndr stared at the floor.."Narmion..it's just....I don't have anything suitable to wear," he finished hurridly.

He dare not look Narmion in the eye., or he would see it was not the lack of wedding clothes that bothered him

Despite himself, Narmion laughed, then clapped Glyndr on the shoulder.
"As far as that goes, you've waited mighty late to start worrying about what to wear! I'm sure there's another elf in Rivendell about your size- and if all else fails, give your armor a shine and wear that."
He fell silent, the half-grin still tugging at his lips. He sighed and shook his head.
"And I can well guess that your wedding-suit is not all that is bothering you. Marrige is a big thing, Glyndr, bigger than battles or victories. So you've no reason to be ashamed for being anxious, or frightened, by that. But still I feel that something else has you worried. I ask you, as a friend, to tell me what it is."
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2005 03:13
Diablo heard a sharp 'smack' of something smashing against something. He pricked his ears in curosity and walked forward. His sharp ears picked up the words.

"...I'm terrified. And don't you dare tell anyone..."

"...you've no reason to be ashamed for being anxious..."

The black stallion bared his teeth in a laugh. So Glyndr was getting worked up about the wedding, was he? The horse pushed forward through the dense foliage and snorted a few inches from Glyndr's face. So nervous? his devious evyes asked. You shouldn't be. I'll be here to annoy the heck out of you.

He danced out of the way before Glyndr could make good on his promise of serving roast-horse for the wedding dinner.

OOc// Had to lighten the mood. And tease Glyndy. *pets Dia* good horsie.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 10:09
Glyndr smiled an uneasy smile, "yes I suppose I could dustoff my armour,..but armour at a wedding?" He shook his head, the smile faded.
"Yes, there is more," Glyndr looked up at Narmion, a deep fear in his eyes, "I have signed again in the army, I fear that I shall be called soon. I do not want to leave her Narmion. I love her".

The captain ran his hand through his hair, " Narmion ,I don't know how to say this, but I ..I am ," he faltered. "I am afraid.." he never managed to finish the sentence .

Diablo appeared. Glyndr leapt up and threw a pebble hard at the retreating horse.

"Don't you dare say a word!" he yelled after him , " or by our Gods I'll roast you myself!"

Glyndr sat back down, Diablo had annoyed him.
He daren't say what he was going to say to Narmion now, in case the fiend horse heard.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 02:39
((The lost posty is really lost. Ah well. I post again.))

"The wedding isn't taking place as we speak, brat," Aiden grumbled, dragging Rolan in a completely different direction. "We won't miss it if we make a detour. Besides, I'm sure you want to get revenge as much as I do."

A while later, Aiden was helplessly lost in the gardens, Rolan in tow. He was getting annoyed at the sheer size of the gardens, and had no idea where he was. All he was looking for was his brother and the elf maiden, that's all he wanted! A moment later, they stepped through a screen of bushes to find Eadoin and Arianna engaged in a conversation.

----------

"How do you know so much about dyes?" Eadoin asked, glancing at Arianna. Any attempt at a response from her was cut off at his brother's appearance, leading Rolan... by the hand? They were actually getting along? That was news.

"I've been looking for you," Aiden said, approaching his brother. He glanced in the direction that his brother's eyes were looking to. "No, this isn't voluntary. Arato and the twins stuck us together with tree sap, and no, we're not getting free any time soon. We're stuck fast."

"You should have been expecting something like that, you know," Eadoin said, rising from his seat and approaching to look at the hands. Aiden growled and grabbed his brother in a headlock with his free hand.

"Don't tease. You'd be upset if you were stuck to the likes of him," Aiden grumbled.

"What do you want me to do about it?" Eadoin struggled to get free. Aiden leaned down until his mouth was close to Eadoin's ear.

"I want you to ask your girlfriend if she'll ask the kitchen staff to put something unpleasant into their food in the near future."

"Why?"

"So they don't pull anything like this again. Besides, this prank war is starting to get old, we should probably stop it."

"True." Eadoin waited for a moment. Aiden didn't release him. "Er... Aiden? Your plan of me asking Arianna about the food situation would work better if you would actually let me ask her."

"Right..." Aiden released his brother, who stood up and brushed himself off.

((Okies, I posted.))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 09, 2005 03:38
Glyndr smiled an uneasy smile, "yes I suppose I could dustoff my armour,..but armour at a wedding?" He shook his head, the smile faded.
"Yes, there is more," Glyndr looked up at Narmion, a deep fear in his eyes, "I have signed again in the army, I fear that I shall be called soon. I do not want to leave her Narmion. I love her".

The captain ran his hand through his hair, " Narmion ,I don't know how to say this, but I ..I am ," he faltered. "I am afraid.." he never managed to finish the sentence .

Narmion was silent after Diablo had moved off, and looked thoughtfully at his friend. At length he spoke.
"Why would you want to fight again, after the horror on the field, and so soon after you've found Lalaith?..... though, I myself have often thought of it. Even with the merry feeling in Imladris, the threat of war is ever in the back of my mind. Is that why you're marrying so soon?" He turned to Glyndr, his smile gone, "Were you thinking of doing it in case you were to meet your end?"
Narmion wondered if the other elf was afraid of death in battle. If so, it would seem the call of duty was stronger than that fear. He had often considered going out with Rivendell's scouts, feeling useless without a sword in his hand. Sighing, stood and clapped Glyndr on the back.
"These are dark thoughts for a beautiful morning and a beautiful event, my friend. Lets try not to dwell on them now. Come- lets find you something to change into. You must look suitable for your wife!"

(bleh, hope this is alright...)
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 09:54
OOc// I feel so bad at not posting, I just decided to take a crack at it, though the writing will be awful and everyone will run away in horror and...and...

"How do you know so much about dyes?" Eadoin asked, glancing at Arianna. Any attempt at a response from her was cut off at his brother's appearance, leading Rolan... by the hand? They were actually getting along? That was news.

Arianna began to answer Eadoin, but she chocked on her words as Aiden and Rolan came into view together. Ari could see that their hands were stuck together. Her smothered words turned into smothered gigles as her eyes glimmered in mirth.

"Don't tease. You'd be upset if you were stuck to the likes of him," Aiden grumbled.

Rolan growled something unintelligible under his breath.

"Why?"

"So they don't pull anything like this again. Besides, this prank war is starting to get old, we should probably stop it."

"True." Eadoin waited for a moment. Aiden didn't release him. "Er... Aiden? Your plan of me asking Arianna about the food situation would work better if you would actually let me ask her."

"Right..." Aiden released his brother, who stood up and brushed himself off.

Arianna, who'd heard the entire exchange walked over slowly. "I'm sure we can think of something to use," she said, smirking slightly. "Elladan and Elrohir did this, am I correct? They are a personal annoyance to me at the best of times. I believe I can arrange for something unpleasant to find its way into their food tonight at the banquet. Provided, of course, that you can talk them into coming. They are even more notorious for avoiding feasts and the like than for their pranks, I'm afraid."

Arianna could tell by the sparkles in everyone's eyes that they were already thinking up convincing arguments to get The Twins to join the celebration.

"Best of luck," she said sweetly, smiling gently at Eadoin and giving Rolan and Aiden a friendly wink before disappearing to do her part in the prank war.

OOc// *falls over* I never thought creative writing could take so much out of someone.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 11:37
((*huggles the Sal* I've been waiting for your post!))

"Er..." Aiden called after Arianna. "Do you think you can extend that unpleasant thing to Erestor and Arato?"

"Thank you very much in advance, Arianna!" Eadoin called after her. He turned to the other boys. "Now, for convincing them to come for the wedding feast."

"I know for certain that Arato's attending," Aiden said. "He has traveled with Glyndr from the beginning, and it's bound to be the sort of event he can secretly laugh at. Any ideas for getting the twins to come?"

"I suppose we could bring this issue to Lord Elrond..." Eadoin said. Aiden shook his head.

"Not directly, or we won't get our revenge," he replied. "We need to get them to attend subtly."

"I'm surprised you actually know what that word means, Aiden," Eadoin said with a soft laugh. "I'll do it. They'll suspect something if you two go to seek them out." He started to leave. "Oh, by the way, I haven't seen Amata around lately. Could you two be kind enough to make sure that nothing has happened to her?"

"And if something has happened to her in the way of pranks?" Aiden ventured to ask. Eadoin grinned back at him.

"All the more reason for revenge," Eadoin replied, eyes twinkling.

"I love him when he's like this," Aiden laughed, glancing around for a good direction to start their search for Amata. He looked to Rolan. "Any ideas?"

----------

"Damn that horse," Eladam grumbled, dunking under the surface of the river once again, scrubbing at his hair. Elrohir ran a wooden comb through his hair, working the last of the sap from it. "Damn him to the void and back! On top of my hair already being blonde, unevenly so I may add, it's now sticky!"

"We were standing too near that bucket of sap, you have to admit," Elrohir replied calmly, starting to braid it back from his face. "It's partially our own fault."

"That may be true, El, but still..." Elladan whined, climbing from the river and pulling his leggings back on. He shut his mouth as they heard footsteps. Eadoin appeared from the trees a second later and smiled at them.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything, but I was just wondering if you knew when the wedding was taking place. I've tried to speak to some of the other elves, but they're all to busy preparing for that and the feast that they don't have time to answer me," he said. "And when the feast is, too."

"The wedding is taking place in the later afternoon, so you have time to prepare," Elladan replied. "As for the feast, that's taking place twoards evening."

"Thanks," Eadoin said gratefully. He started to turn away and fixed a mask of nervousness firmly in place before turning back to them. "Er... will you be attending?"

"Why do you ask?" Elrohir asked him, eying the boy in concern. Eadoin scuffed his boot on the ground.

"'m not sure how to act at elven feasts," he said, hoping he sounded a little pitiful to them. Fortunately, Elrohir took pity on him and slid off the rock he was sitting on to place his hands on Eadoin's shoulders. Eadoin laughed inside his head at his victory.

"If that is your only worry, yes, we'll attend. You can follow our leads, because our customs may be hard to grasp for some. I'm sure your brother and Rolan will make out fine as well."

"Thank you, my lords. You reassure me," Eadoin said with a bow and a smile. The twins smiled back, not suspecting a thing. He started walking back towards the house, needing some time to wash up and look presentable for the feast.

As soon as he rounded the corner and left the twins's sight, Eadoin let the grin that he had been holding back break free. They didn't suspect a thing. Excellent...

((And the preparations begin... mwahahahaha!))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 02:24
"You do know this is a perfect opportunity," Elladan said to Elrohir as Eadoin disappeared.

His twin glared at him.

"Or not," Elladan wisely conceded.

"I think that the Prank War has reached its conclusion once and for all," Elrohir stated decisively. "I think it best for it to stop anyway, otherwise Ada may have a couple of choice words with the both of us."

"You suspect a prank at the feast."

"Of course. I'm just saying, we need to look beyond retalliation."

Elladan splashed him. Elrohir laughed.

"I love him when he's like this," Aiden laughed, glancing around for a good direction to start their search for Amata. He looked to Rolan. "Any ideas?"

Rolan snorted. "Obviously I've gotten ideas," he growled. "It's just whether they'll work or not--that's the problem, see?"

He frowned, looking at a piece of dirt as if it had personally offended him. "I'm thinkin'," he began slowly, "that we need t' find Amata first, an' then start thinkin' iffen she needs revenge t' be taken. Ye follow me?"

OOc// Whew. Gots to go to bed. Lots of workesessss to be done... NaNoWriMo!!!
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 03:59
((Considering I'm sitting in my basement with my head full of blood red hair dye, I think I'll just post something to pass the time that I have to let this shtuff sit.))

"I know we have to find Amata before deciding to take our revenge," Aiden said to Rolan. "So why don't we go look for her for a little while before getting ready for the wedding ceremony."

He started off in a direction, and then paused.

"Now comes the question of *how* to get ready for the wedding ceremony, considering we're stuck together," he mused. "Oh well. I suppose we'll tackle that when the time comes, right?"

----------

Eadoin sighed as he looked at his pitiful wardrobe for the ceremony. A black undertunic and a red sleeveless overtunic, and a pair of black pants. His cleaned riding boots and his regular belt finished the outfit, but it was nothing special. Of course, he hadn't expected to be attending an elven wedding ceremony when he had left Edoras, but that was fate, he supposed. Sparing a final glance to his clothing, he walked into the bathing chamber attached to his bedroom and slipped into the tub to wash up.

About an hour later, he climbed from the cooling water and wrapped himself into a large, fluffy towel. His hair had dried from resting out of the water, so he walked back into his bedroom and tried himself fully off before getting dressed.

Before he put the overtunic on, he sat down and began to braid his hair deftly. A knock sounded at his door.

"Are you in here, Eadoin?" Arato asked through the door.

"I'm here," Eadoin replied. "You're welcome in, unless you're carrying another prank with you."

"I'm here with a peace offering," Arato said, opening the door. "We've already wrought some interesting changes in appearance upon each other, so I call a truce. This Prank War is getting old, and besides: we should let Imladris be what it's supposed to be: a place of peace."

"I agree," Eadoin said, hiding a smile with little difficulty. "We should end this. I have to say, pink hair isn't exactly what I'd like to travel with. What do you say to getting rid of this ridiculous color before we go on, or go back to Rohan. Whatever comes first."

"Splotchy blonde hair isn't the nicest thing I wanted for my hair either," Arato said. He opened his arms and enveloped Eadoin in a hug. "Although you do look halfway decent with pink hair, I have to admit."

"Be quiet," Eadoin grumbled, going back to braiding his hair. Arato's stronger fingers undid his work after a minute and started a new pattern. "What are you doing?" he asked, trying to glance at Arato over his shoulder. Arato stopped him by keeping his head pointed forward.

"Making your hair look a little neater and a different than it does every other day of your life."

"Oh." The room fell into a comfortable silence. "Thank you."
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 07:49
((Eeeep... *returns from the dead* ))

Amata was soon very surprised to find herself being approached by what seemed to be a pair of siamese twins... blinking, she stared at Aiden and Rolan. "What on Earth...? Why... are you stuck together?" Suddenly grinning, she rushed over to examine them. "Another prank, I suppose? You're going to the wedding, aren't you... how are you going to... um... get changed?" She surveyed them with a twinkling eye. "And more importantly, what have you done for revenge?"

((Short, I know... but at least it's something..))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 12:20
"Er...." Aiden said, taken aback by Amata's sudden interest in his and Rolan's hand. "We haven't gotten that far yet. But Eadoin's taken care of our revenge." He coughed lightly. "He's asked one of the kitchen staff to put something unpleasant into the food that the parties involved in said prank are supposed to eat. We're just there to sit and watch their faces and laugh at them."

((Yes, short, but I have little to go on tonight... so... sleepy... *yawn*))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 04:13
OOc// WHOO! I found it!

"It'll be one of the better things that happened," Rolan added as an afterthought. "I think I'll enjoy watchin' Elladan's face in particular. I think it's 'im that comes up with all the crazy ideas, anyhow." The ex-street theif gave Amata a broad grin. "S'all I know so far."

((will fill in this blank later... when i'm not so brain dead. ))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 12:09
((*gasps* A POST! *glomps teh Sal*))

"That may or may not be true," Aiden said thoughtfully. "We obviously don't know enough about them yet to figure out who's the real brains behind these pranks. For all we know, it could have been Arato who thought of it and the twins who executed it." A grin split his face. "Although I agree with you, Rolan. Seeing Elladan's face ought to be fun."
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2005 04:17
OOc// *hits fast-forward button* Hold on!!! Wheeeeeeee--- *splat*

Rolan nodded. "An' we two better get a move on it, don' ye think? We've got a weddin' to see, anyhow. I think that it mightent take longer than the norm to get into decent dress for it, seein' as how we're stuck." He lifted his hand, consequnetly dragging Aiden's hand up as well. "Don' see how we're ever gonna get ourselfs outta this mess..."

Arianna came back into the kitchen, smiling slightly. The other kitchen workers twittered around her, asking what had transpired. Arianna winked at them and they all flew up into even more of an excited frenzy until the Head of the Kitchen barked for everyone to quiet down and get back to work.

Arianna and her two closest friends set down together to work and talk, quietly as possible.

"So?" one of them asked. "What's he like?"

Arianna just smiled a little more broadly.

"Come on, Ari," the other complained. "Tell us!"

Arianna leaned forward and said softly, "He's a little crazy, but in a good way. And he's just as sweet as any Elf-boy."

"Cute too?"

"Ohhhh yes," Arianna replied, with a twinkle in her eyes. "Very cute. And he wants help getting back at the Twins. Do we have anything nasty that we could slip into their dishes? Preferably something edible, but unharmonious with whatever is served."

Both her friends looked thoughtful. Then one whipsered an idea into her ear. Arianna clapped her hands in delight. "That's sure to get them!" she exclaimed. The Head of the Kitchen looked disapprovingly over at her and she quieted right away, though a mischevious grin still lit her face.

(('Ze Wedding Hast Begun...))

[Edited on 8/12/2005 by Salkiethia]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2005 06:11
((*hangs on for dear life as Sal hits the Fast forwards button and peels Sal off the wall where she splated* Careful with those buttons, they're dangerous. Anyways, it's Aiden who's attached to Rolan, not Eadoin))

"Get out of this mess? I have no idea how we're going to do this. Maybe it'll come off with time," Aiden supposed. He grimaced. "Rather this gets off sooner or later."

Aiden started off, dragging Rolan behind him. "Let's go if we want to make the wedding. How we're going to get dressed is something we have to deal with now, if we want t' be there on time." He shuddered. "I for one don't want to bear the brunt of Glyndr's rage if we show up late and disrupt the ceremony!"

[Edited on 13/1/06 by Nimeneth]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 05:13
Ooc// Sorry! *cringes* I can't keep them straight. Which, isn't really surprising, I'll have to say. It took me three years to get a pair of my friends straight. I kept mixing up their names, too. :dizzy:

"Nor would I wish to risk 'is wrath," Rolan agreed. "An', I think I may have an idea or two about how to get this stuffing off. Do you know your way to the kitchens? I think Ari may be disposed to help us out."

Rolan didn't wait for Aiden to reply, just started off, dragging the other boy behind him. He silenced Aiden's half-hearted protest with the logical notion that if this didn't work, they still had an hour to figure out how to get dressed.

"Arianna, there's someone here to see you." The Head of the Kitchen was not happy. "Child, you spend so much time away from this place I wonder what you ever came in to work here for." She sighed. "I suppose, though, in time you'll calm down a bit. Come back like quicksilver, you hear? Now get going."

Arianna threw a confused look at her two friends as the Head of the Kitchen ushered her out of the kitchen and into the hall where stood Rolan and Aiden. "Oh, hello," she said to them. "Why are you here?"

OOc// Who does Ari like??? *hits self over head* bad memory
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2005 01:26
((*pats Sal on the head* S'ok, Sal. Ari likes Eadoin. Remember: Aiden and Rolan are (stuck) together and Eadoin and Arianna are together.))

"We're stuck. Literally," Aiden said, holding up his hand and dragging Rolan's into view as well. "Sorry to disturb you, you're probably really busy, but Rolan got it through his head that maybe you could help us out of this little... perdicament."

Aiden scratched the back of his head as he watched the elf and tried really really hard to ignore the wonderful smells drifting from the kitchen.

----------

"Arato?" Eadoin asked as his brother finished the braids he had been working on.

"Mmmm?" Arato asked. Eadoin got up and went digging in the pockets of his dirty clothing. He came up with a small bundle and unwrapped it, revealing some leaves.

"Arianna, one of the elves working in the kitchen, showed me a plant that had leaves that could be used to dye hair. She told me I could pick a few, so I did. I just totally forgot about them until now."

"And...?"

"Well, she said these could be used to make a red-brown die if left alone, but mixed with indigo could make black. So I thought that maybe tomorrow that you, me, Aiden and Rolan could try to get our hair back to a natural color."

"I'll help. Should we tell Narmion about this? I say the twins are quite capable of changing their hair color back to normal on their own."

"I guess," Eadoin said. He rewrapped the bundle and set it on the table. Pulling the overtunic over his head, he buckled his belt around his waist. "Tomorrow then?"

"Tomorrow."
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2005 05:15
OOc// Thanks, Nimmy.

Ari lifted an eyebrow. "The Twins, I presume."

"Ye presume right," Rolan answered sourly. "Now if ye don' mind--"

"Yes, yes, of course." Ari walked Aiden and Rolan over to the better lit hallway and examined their hands. "Hmm... Tree sap?" she inquired.

"Yep."

"Well--" Ari frowned, thinking hard. Something to seperate their hands... Anything but a knife--Rodwin is the only one who could handle that job and not cut their hands to ribbons!

Unless, no, I don't think she would. Although it is no harm trying.

"I'll be right back," Ari said to Rolan and Aiden. "I have an idea, but I need to see if I can get the help." Then she ran back into the kitchen.

"Rodwin, can you help me? My friends have a bit of a sticky situation on their hands," Ari said in a rush. The Head of the Kitchen rolled her eyes.

"What do you need, Arianna?"

"Can you possibly cut their hands apart?" Ari asked timidly. "The Twins used sap to stick them together and the wedding-- well, it would be an awful nuisance trying to get ready."

The Head of the Kitchen shook her head slightly, but a smile was on her lips. "All right, let's free the poor boys."

Ari and Rodwin went out to the hallway. Rodwin examined the hands and then took her knife out and began to slowly cut through the sap, being very careful of the boys' hands.

"There you go. Now be off with you," she said. "And Ari, you're coming back to the kitchens."

Rolan ran out of the hallway and into the gardens whooping for joy. "I'm FREE!"

OOc// good rolan. sit.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2005 10:06
"Thank Eru!" Aiden did a cartwheel into the gardens. "I'm FREEEEEEEEEE!" He whooped much like Rolan had. "FREEEEEEEEEE!"

----------

"-EEEEEE!" came the cry from the gardens. Eadoin and Arato both looked towards the window.

"Now what in the name of the Valar was that?" Arato asked Eadoin. Eadoin was listening.

"FREEEEEEEEEE!" came the shout again.

"It sounds like Aiden," Eadoin replied. "Judging from what he's shouting, I'd imagine he and Rolan got unstuck."

"Pity," Arato said. "I should have liked to see how well they managed to change for the wedding like that, and how they were going to eat."

"You never will, unless you do that to Aidan and I someday. Although I wouldn't recommend it, because from this Prank War, we have learned quite a lot." Eadoin grinned. "Don't test us."

"I wasn't planning to."

[Edited on 20/3/06 by Nimeneth]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2005 08:47
OOc// where *is* everybuggy??? oh, and, wedding begins in about an hour...

"C'mon, Aiden!" Rolan called. "We're gonna be late iffen we don get a move on now an' get dressed fer that weddin'!"

He took off like a shot, knowing that in the approximate hour before the wedding began, he would have to find something to wear and then become presentable looking. What a task.

Twenty minutes until the wedding began, and he was still looking for anything presentable. Rolan finally gave up on finding any of the 'fancer cloths' in his wardrobe and walked into a couple of random rooms down the hall, hoping for something. One of those rooms happened to belong to the twins, and they weren't there.

Rolan didn't know whose the room was, so he went to the closet like he'd done for all the others and opened it to look. A blue-gray tunic with gold braid immediately caught his attention. He pulled it out of the closet and held it up in front of the mirror, checking to see if it would go with his breeches. It looked good.

Quickly, Rolan slipped out of his own shirt and into the new one, admiring himself in the mirror before exiting the room. The wedding was going to begin soon!
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 12, 2006 07:13
((*sidles into room trying to look invisible*))

Amata stood to one side, feeling unusually self-consious dressed in a very elvish gown which a kind elleth had lent to her from the Rivendell wardrobes. It complemented the strange pink colour of her hair.
Now, the congregation was nearly all there, and Amata was growing slightly impatient. Where was the bride, and Glyndr? She also assumed that Narmion would be Best Man.. and she couldn't see any of her friends - not even Rolan, Aiden and Eadoin.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2006 12:29
((*cracks her knuclkes and prepares for a monster post*))

Aiden trotted happily down the halls of Rivendell for his room. He was free. So free. He had to get ready, so he couldn't tarry much longer. His hair was unbelievably filthy so he wanted to wash it. Not to mention he had to figure out where *exactly* he had stored his pack. A very challenging prospect...

----------

"I think I'll go see if I can locate the groom. He's bound to have a case of nerves now," Arato said, patting Eadoin on the shoulder. They walked from the rooms.

"Are you sure that's wise?" Eadoin asked tentively.

"Someone has to drag him to the wedding, and if that ends up being Narmion, I would imagine he may want some help with that." Arato stepped onto one of the patios leading to the garden and waved to his brother. "Don't be late!"

"You either!" Eadoin called in reply. He glanced around, and finally settled for seeing how Aiden was faring.

--------

Argh!" Aiden said from within his room as Eadoin knocked on his door. "Come in!"

"Did I come at a bad time?" Eadoin asked, opening the door. He found Aiden in the midst of a battle with a comb, and it looked like he was losing.

"Good time, actually. Help?" Aiden asked, turning to look at his brother. "This mane of mine isn't cooperating today."

"Alright," Eadoin said, taking hold of the comb and gently untangling it from his brother's hair. He started at the bottom and began to work his way up. "Did you ever consider starting at the ends?"

"Not really..." Aiden replied sheepishly, wincing slightly as Eadoin pulled at a particularlly stubborn tangle.

The next few moments passed in relative silence. Finally, Eadoin set aside the comb and started to braid. Aiden handed him a leather tie and a few other hair adornments, which he kept for special occasions, such as colorful beads and a few feathers. Finally, Eadoin finished.

"I never understood your love for your hair like this," Eadoin muttered as they left. "Beads and feathers?"

"You never complained about it before."

"That's because we've never attended an elvish wedding before."

"They'll get over it. We're humans, after all. Somewhat strange." They made their way through the gardens to the place of the wedding, which wasn't very far from Aiden's room.

"Amata!" Eadoin cried as he spotted her. He grabbed Aiden's upper arm in his hand and dragged his brother towards her. She looked a little lonely.

((Hee hee!))

[Edited on 16/1/06 by Nimeneth]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 06:07
"Narmion, I am afraid of death", Glyndr replied slowly, an unreadable look in his eyes." I am tired of fighting, yet I am sworn to my position, and duty as a Captain, I cannot change that".

He looked up at the ragged, white clouds as they scudded high in an ice blue sky, " Yes", he replied, " I want to marry Lalaith as soon as I can, I want to spend as much time with her as I can, Is that so very wrong of me?" .

The Elf returned Narmion's smile, "Ah, yes," he smiled a half smile as he looked down at his torn , and dusty clothes, "I think I had better find something more suitable, and quickly".

A while later Glyndr stood at an open window, he stared out onto the horizon, a faraway look in his eyes, For a while he said nothing , then turned to look at Narmion.
"Thank you ," he said as he studied the fine material of the clothes Narmion had somehow managed to find for him from somewhere.
He almost grinned, "I could get used to wearing this instead of that heavy leather and metal uniform, and an army cloak that weighs a ton".

Glyndr took a deep breath, and pushed his long hair back behind his bejewelled , pointed ear with a slightly trembling hand.

"Well this is it" ,he said, a tinge of nervousness in his voice as he looked towards the door, "Come on Narmion, I have a wedding to go to".

[Edited on 16/1/2006 by elflyn]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 11:29
OOc// ELFLYN!!!! *tackles her* YAY! :disco:

"Well this is it" ,he said, a tinge of nervousness in his voice as he looked towards the door, "Come on Narmion, I have a wedding to go to".

A snort. A very horsey snort. A snort from a black stallion, decked out in silver and blue finery who was shaking his head at Glyndr after having walked seemingly out of thin air. Diablo - all dressed up.

Again the black stallion snorted, this time as if chastising Glyndr for hanging back. He plainly was impatient with the Elf's hesitance. Diablo's entire demeanor seemed to be saying You're being too damn stubborn for your own good; get up here so we're not late because of it.

OOc// hehe.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 09:34
Amata's face broke into a grin as she saw the brothers heading her way. "Eadoin! Aiden!" She cast her eye over Aiden in humour. "You managed to get unstuck, then?" She smiled again, feeling much happier in their company - she only other she'd spotted was Fae, and he had pointedly blanked her; probably because she had not yet rectified her hair.
"Have you two seen anything of Lalaith or Glyndr? I hope they're not expecting to be late for their own wedding."

Faeringil was trying to ignore his wayward sister - she was a dreadful disgrace. And now, she was laughing about something with those two humans. He shook his head. What was Rivendell coming to?
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 11:55
"Yeah, Rolan and I managed to get ourselves unstuck. With a little help from the kitchen, of course. The elves in there have some great knifework," Aiden commented with a grin, shaking his head so the beads clinked together.

"And as for Glyndr an Lalaith... well, Arato went off to locate Glyndr. I would imagine Narmion is with him right now," Eadoin added. "Not sure where Lalaith is, though. I hope she's alright."

----------

Arato walked into yet another room in search of Glyndr and... nope, he wasn't there either. Sighing at how pointless his hunt seemed at this moment, he left the room and started to the next one. Peeking into this one, he caught a glimpse of two-tone hair. Narmion. He entered.

"It seems I was not the only one to seek you out, Glyndr" Arato remarked quietly. "Our friend Diablo had the same idea as I. Although maybe I should say our friendly demon-horse and nusainse instead." Arato walked a little further into the room. "The wedding starts shortly. Perhaps we should go, so we don't keep anyone waiting. Especially not Lalaith."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 03:31
Lalaith was *finally* satisfied with her appearance… but she wondered if Glyndr would approve, what he would think of her. She was nervous and feeling giddy, thinking of the wedding and the prospect of being Glyndr’s wife as she observed herself in the mirror. Her mother’s wedding gown fit her perfectly, accentuating her curves as it draped over her slender form. She’d decided to keep her hair down... and as she turned to go out to the courtyard, where the ceremony was to be held, she thought again how strange it was that she’d lost her heart to Glyndr. He was so different from her… she remembered thinking him cold and unfriendly... but she’d seen a side of him that she was sure he’d never shown to anyone else.

She slowly made her way down to the courtyard, feeling a little nervous to see all of the elves gathered there- but a smile curled her lip when she spotted Eadoin, Aiden and Rolan talking to Amata. She searched the crowd- unsuccessfully- for her soon-to-be husband, and felt a little anxious when she didn’t see him. As she walked through she was greeted with smiles, and many congratulations, many warm embraces and compliments on the gown… but she made her way over to the small group she’d traveled with, greeting them with a smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Narmion, I am afraid of death", Glyndr replied slowly, an unreadable look in his eyes." I am tired of fighting, yet I am sworn to my position, and duty as a Captain, I cannot change that".

He looked up at the ragged, white clouds as they scudded high in an ice blue sky, " Yes", he replied, " I want to marry Lalaith as soon as I can, I want to spend as much time with her as I can, Is that so very wrong of me?" .

The Elf returned Narmion's smile, "Ah, yes," he smiled a half smile as he looked down at his torn , and dusty clothes, "I think I had better find something more suitable, and quickly

Narmion didn’t say anything in reply but offered a reassuring smile. He could understand his friend’s feelings… and it made him sad, knowing of Glyndr’s fears, but he didn’t know what else to say…
And so he set out on a quest to locate the elf something to wear, making it his personal job. After a good bit of searching he located something and (hoping it would fit) gave it over to Glyndr.

Thank you ," he said as he studied the fine material of the clothes Narmion had somehow managed to find for him from somewhere.
He almost grinned, "I could get used to wearing this instead of that heavy leather and metal uniform, and an army cloak that weighs a ton".

“It’s certainly more becoming on you,” Narmion replied, “And don’t thank me- I’m just trying to make sure you’re not late for your wedding!”

Arato walked into yet another room in search of Glyndr and... nope, he wasn't there either. Sighing at how pointless his hunt seemed at this moment, he left the room and started to the next one. Peeking into this one, he caught a glimpse of two-tone hair. Narmion. He entered.

"It seems I was not the only one to seek you out, Glyndr" Arato remarked quietly. "Our friend Diablo had the same idea as I. Although maybe I should say our friendly demon-horse and nusainse instead." Arato walked a little further into the room. "The wedding starts shortly. Perhaps we should go, so we don't keep anyone waiting. Especially not Lalaith."

“We were just on our way,” Narmion said with a grin, “We were getting groom proper attire for the ceremony. We would never dream of keeping Lalaith waiting…”
So they hurried on to the courtyard, Narmion walking silently beside Glyndr but wordlessly offering his ‘support’.

When Lalaith saw her groom enter the courtyard she grinned and felt her heart flutter at the sight of him. He looked so handsome! She met his gaze blushingly, feeling shy again. A murmur went through the crowd that things were about to get underway…

(hope this is ok! Its been so long O_O)
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 05:31
"Oh gods, not that damned horse!" Glyndr's world had suddenly become darker.
He tried, unsuccessfully to stifle a laugh, "Diablo", he controlled his laughter well, "You look er....um...very..Pretty?"

Glyndr turned sharply as Arato entered the room, " Yes" , he said , "It appears that for once, I am in great demand".

The Elf arched an eyebrow and followed Arato, Diablo and Narmion , "Lalaith will never be kept waiting" he said under his breath.

As they reached the courtyard Glyndr stopped. He took a deep, shuddering breath, Before him stood his whole life, his future, His beautiful Lalaith.
The Captain had never doubted the unfamiliar depth of love that he felt for this bright spirit, His Lalaith.

He turned to Narmion with his familiar half smile, "Narmion, I am glad that you are here with me , at this important time in my life, I am sorry that others could not be".

Glyndr walked to stand at Lalaith's side, he turned to face her, his ice blue eyes spoke more than words." Lalaith, I need you, I want you by my side forever , and beyond forever".

The Elf glanced back once , over his shoulder towards Narmion and the others that he had come to know so well.

The Kellquenti turned back, his attention on his beautiful bride.
The ceremony made him nervous.....but not as nervous as he felt about later.
Glyndr regained his courage, " Forever Lalaith", he whispered to her, "Forever".

[Edited on 19/1/2006 by elflyn]

[Edited on 19/1/2006 by elflyn]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 08:09
OOc// It hath been done.

Rolan had a bright smile plastered on his face as he watched Glyndr arrive and greet Laliath. Both of them looked amazing in their carefully chosen outfits. Behind the couple, Rolan spotted Diablo, all decked out in what clearly was finery intended for Elven horses, not slightly-plump war horses. He looked very smug, Rolan decided, carefully examining the stallion's expression.

The other Elves had arrived, most of them, anyway. There was a notable absense of three in particular - Elrond, Elrohir and Elladan. Rolan noted it right off and frowned. Just where were they anyway? Then he saw them coming, Elrond nearly dragging the Twins behind him. Their faces sported identical grimaces until they caught sight of Glyndr and Laliath and then they were busy stifling laughter. Or it looked like that. Maybe they were just trying to keep from getting sick.

The ceremony began. There were lots of Elves playing harps and a few on instruments that looked like flutes. Rolan whistled, cheering with everyone else as the Elven Captain and his bride-to-be took their first step towards the dais, between rows of Elven well-wishers and the friends they had come with.

A tug came on the back of his tunic. "Um," a voice said, "where did you get this?"

Rolan spun around and saw the Twins looking reprovingly at him. "Ransacked yer closet, obvious," he replied. "'Twas the only way t' look even half decent fer a cer'mony like of this one."

The Twins shook their heads in amusement and melted back into the crowd as if they were no more substancial than smoke.

OOc// Whee! *throws confettii.*
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2006 12:12
Nope! not by me and Glyndy it hasn't! Just waiting for others to post with something first...if not, I'll post again
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 03, 2006 05:49
ooc: I'm SO sorry! I've been super busy with evil college. I'll come back and edit this into a post as soon as I can, which will probably be tomorow night. I'm not abandoning this thread *huggles Glyndy*
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2006 03:56
((... *casts herself at RD's feet* FORGIVE ME! The Evil Nasty National History Day Project wouldn't let me go!))

"While I'm thinking of Rolan, does anyone have any idea where that little monkey got off to?" Eadoin asked a few moments later. "I don't think we want him angering Glyndr on a day like today. I think I'll..."

"Shhhh!" Aiden said, clamping a hand down over his brother's mouth as he stared at Laliath. "We'll just have to hope for the best, here comes Lalaith. And Glyndr himself," he noted as the Kellquenti appeared.

"Aiden!" Eadoin hissed as he finally managed to free himself. He gulped in a few lungfuls of air and glared balefully at his brother. "I can't breath when you do that!"

"Greetings, Amata," Arato said, appearing next to the brothers and placing a hand the back of each neck. Aiden jumped two feet into the air. Arato glanced at his brothers. "Must I always tell you two to behave?"

"No, just Aiden," Eadoin replied with a smirk. He turned his attention to the ceremony.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 06, 2006 03:10
He turned to Narmion with his familiar half smile, "Narmion, I am glad that you are here with me , at this important time in my life, I am sorry that others could not be".

“That saddens me too,” Narmion said, briefly recalling the horrendous sunrise stained with blood that now seemed so long ago, “But the memory of them is here… Now, the procession is waiting! Pray, do not make any of us wait any longer!!”
The elf gave Glyndr a friendly tap on the shoulder and a soft shove, then stepped back.

Glyndr walked to stand at Lalaith's side, he turned to face her, his ice blue eyes spoke more than words." Lalaith, I need you, I want you by my side forever , and beyond forever".

The Elf glanced back once , over his shoulder towards Narmion and the others that he had come to know so well.

The Kellquenti turned back, his attention on his beautiful bride.
The ceremony made him nervous.....but not as nervous as he felt about later.
Glyndr regained his courage, " Forever Lalaith", he whispered to her, "Forever".

Narmion watched them head for the dais, smiling quietly to himself. From the moment he’d met Glyndr he’d never expected something like this to happen… but surprises had been around every corner.

Lalaith was blushing with pleasure at his words. She, too, was thinking a little nervously about ‘later’, but mostly she was thinking of how lucky she was, and how much she loved this elf. For indeed, she loved everything about him- everything from his calm demeanor to the jewels in his ear. As the ceremony progressed she felt giddy with happiness, and as it drew to a close she found her eyes wet with tears of joy. At its ending she kissed her new husband with all the love in her heart, uncaring that there were so many to see.

They left the dais arm-in-arm, the elleth blushing even more deeply to the cheers that went up, then the celebration began. A feast had been prepared. As everyone gathered in the Hall minstrels began plucking harps and strumming lutes, and flutes were played as well. It was the first real celebration that Rivendell had seen for some time, and it was merry indeed… and then the food was served.

Lalaith was sitting next to her love, holding his hand tightly under the table and accepting ‘congratulations’ politely and with a smile. Secretly the new bride was wishing she and Glyndr could leave the gathering without anyone taking notice- but she didn’t make a move to, instead looking at him lovingly and leaning over to whisper how much she loved him as plates were passed down the table.

Narmion had found himself sitting next to Amata, close enough to speak to Glyndr but also close enough to speak to the young men (children) from Rohan. He was watching them with great interest, wondering if they’d be pulling any ‘pranks’ on this special day… he turned his attention on Amata though.
“You look lovely,” he said with a smile, taking a sip of wine, “And what do you think of those two?” he gestured at the newlyweds, who were looking adoringly at eachother as if the party didn’t exist.

(hope this is ok… I know it took three forevers wouldn’t it be interesting to see the boys get ahold to too much wine? *snickering* huzzah! Married at last!)

Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2006 12:01
OOc// Woo-hew!

Everyone was seated and it was time for the first course to come out and be placed on the table for everyone to devour. It was the time for the Head-Cook's ambitious designs to be shown off. Spun-sugar, full-sized models of the bride and groom adorned in their wedding finery was just the beginning of the wonderful show the kitchen had prepared.

And, not so incidentally, it was also the time that a few changes had been planned in the menu, for certain guests...

Ari and her friends got ready to carry out the life-sized sugar delicacies. It was a heavy silver platter and took four of them to support it. The four Elven girls took it without complaint and carried it gracefully out as the guests ooh-ed and ahh-ed over it's attention to detail. Down to the small quirk of the Elf-statue's lips, everything was perfect.

They set it down on the High Table, reserved for such things. And next, coming out of the kitchen was a baked loaf of bread designed in the shape of a stag rampant with a doe and fawn standing on shaky legs behind him. This one too was set on the High Table, and everyone applauded when it came out.

Ari and her friends only sighed with relief as it made its way to the Table. Creations like this, marvelous though they were, were not all that steady. They'd been more than half afraid it would collapse on itself or something before it reached the Table.

Now, all they had to worry about was serving people. Of course, at an Elvish feast, 'only serving' was about as great an understatement as any she'd ever heard. And they had it extra hard, after all. They had to remember just where those crazy peppered platters had gone to, and make sure they were served to the right people and - and - and the exhausting work of monumental porportions went on. At least all the hard work was done.... For now.

Rolan was watching Glyndr and Laliath with a look of disgust plain to see on his face, though, to his credit, he was trying valiantly to hide it. He gave up as the artistic monstrosities of the kitchen came out. Like everyone else, he was astounded at the sheer size and detail in each piece, but unlike everyone - or so he supposed - he was wondering why in the name of Elvish wine they'd decided to make such things.

Coulda saved a lotta time an' effort doin' sommat useful stedda actin' like makin' these plumb huge thingies.

The street urchin shook his head, and then his attention was quite diverted by the wine bottle passing down the table. Gotta get me some o' that stuff, was the first - and last - thought on his mind for a long little while...

OOc// yeah, I think he's gonna have a little bitsy too much.
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email