Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Red Dawn (Keeper!)
on: June 29, 2005 11:50
Glyndr was concentrating on the darkness, half his mind still on Lalaith, he smiled to himself,
The smile did not last, the dreaded voice of the annoying black horse shot wickedly into his head, he shot the horse one of his orc -slaying glares, "Difficult! I'll show you difficult" He picked up a small rock , just big enough to sting hard,
He stopped, frozen, "What exactly are you suggesting?!", The Elf looked as embarrassesd as Diablo wanted him to be. he glanced around hoping no one had noticed.
He sat down ,he thought better of making a scene.."Just you wait you wretched nag.." Glyndr tossed one of his daggers lightly in his hand.
"Kill the thing?" Glyndr stared at Narmion.."Oh I shall do worse than that!, this for a start!" He slung the rock hard,The rock finding its mark on the horse's rump."That , you evil nag,is only the beginning"..
With that Glyndr stormed off to sit under a tree all night.

They rode forward the next day, Glyndr was happy , they rode hard , He ignored the tiredness and pain he felt, but he was very concerned for Lalaith and Narmion, although Narmion seemed to be coping well. Glyndr sensed the young Elf was not happy,he left him alone.

Rivendell was all Lalaith had told him..The valley bathed in moonlight was beautiful, He had never in the many years of his travelling seen such a magical place.
He smiled at Lalaith, "My Lady your home is indeed a beautiful place..I sense no evil here..perhaps it has been spared its touch as yet".
"Halt". A voice stopped them as they neared the city.
Glyndr tensed, his hand on the hilt of his sword. His instinctive mistrust growing.
Lalaith spoke to the hidden guard..
As the guard appeared bow aimed at Arato, Glyndr slid one of his silver daggers secretly into his hand, " You heard the Lady , let us pass" he fixed the guard with one of his deadly ice glares,"She is of your kin.." the glare became colder,"She at least should be allowed to pass" He motioned towards the bow, "I suggest you put that thing down,. for a place that is supposed to be welcoming , you are not,"
The Captain sat back, the dagger still light in his hand, " Ask if you must, but hurry." Glyndr was becoming impatient."..We have travelled far , it is getting late, and I am damned if I am going to sit here all night discussing whether we can pass or not with you!"
As usual Glyndr was very bad tempered, He was tired, he hurt , and he needed a drink..and no Elf guard was going to stop him..

[Edited on 30/6/2005 by elflyn]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 02:28
(( Ok I've found time to post.. but I'm supposed to be doing something else, so it'll be short. I'm not going to go over what's already happened from Amata's point of view because there's not much point, and it'd be boring ))

Amata waited, sitting still on her horse, silently agreeing with Glyndr. They were tired, and every moment longer was draining every one of them of strength. She noticed that the bow was aimed particularly at Arato, and her angry but weary eyes turned from the arrow point towards the guard.
"We are friends and travelling companions of Lady Lalaith. All of us. There is no need to single out human from elf-kind, especially in Imladris." She glanced at the rest of her companions. "We are in great need of rest and aid. We have also battled, and we should all stand together for support, not fuss over petty regulations."
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 03:34
The next day, Aiden woke up groggily and tried to remember what had happened the night before. Everything clicked into place relatively easily, and he fixed a glare at Arato, sitting a few feet away, eating his breakfast. He sat up slowly, figuring that quick movement this morning would have unpleasant results.

"That was a nasty trick," he growled at Arato. Arato shrugged and went on eating.

"It was for your own good," Arato replied. "You could have gotten killed, and I would rather have you where I could keep an eye on you." Aiden grumbled something as he ate and mounted when the rest did, leading Eadoin's horse along when the left.

Later, when the guard dropped from the trees, Arato sensed that the mistrust of human carried well beyond Narmion, Glyndr and the now dead Celethain. Of course, he had expected nothing more, and camly stared at the arrow pointed at him. Aiden saw it as well and went to ride closer to Arato, but his older brother waved him away.

"I have heard stories that Rivendell is a place that welcomes all races, except Orcs and the like. Apparently this is not true," he said softly, looking at the guard. "But I would think that if one of your kin accepts a human as her companion, you should let one pass while riding in her party."

"Let us..." Aiden began, but Arato cut him off with a sharp gesture. Grumbling, Aiden shut his mouth and let the others handle this situation.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 10:26
OOc// So much I wants to do... take out that guard, for example...

As Rolan asked where he was, the one wearing red motioned him in, so he obeyed. As the elves left, Eadoin sat in a chare and glared at Rolan.

"That was a stupid move," he growled at the boy, unaware that the twins still lingered, listening. "Next time why don't you go and get yourself killed by jumping off a cliff and sparing the elves the trouble?"

"Too much fun t' give up," Rolan mumbled. "Why do I feel like I wuz kicked into next week?"

"Because you almost were." The twin dressed in blue walked gracefully around the bed and perched on the edge. "Bruises, rope burn and a near concussion. I've never seen adar so livid before." Rolan did his level best not to look too confused.

"It means," the red twin put in, as he joined the three, "that several scouts will be spending a long while learning manners all over again."

"Which one are you?" Rolan asked.

The twin in red smiled. "If I said I was Elrohir, then more than likely I'd be Elladan unless it was a weekend... Then I may actually have given you the truth."

The blue twin shoved his brother off the bed. "You've gotten them confused enough," he admonished. "Now it's time to get them un-confused."

"I have a better idea. Let's go for a walk down by the ford. I Feel someone coming."

"Halt!" The voice ordered, "we have let you come this far, for Lalaith we know, and we see you are weary and in need of rest.. but before you go any further, we need to know more about her companions."
"Can you not trust them, that they ride with me?" The elleth replied tiredly in her own language, "Let us pass! There are wounds to be tended."
The elven guard couldn't be seen at first, but he stepped out from the trees onto the path. His bow was bent, aimed at Arato.
"We had battle here a few days ago-- it was a small attack and not too difficult, but two were killed. The guard is doubled, so I must ask."

:Horsefeathers,: Diablo grumbled. He shouldered his way to the front of the group, ignoring Narmon's protests. :Get out of the way,: he said clearly in the guard's head. :I wasn't planning on idiots blocking the road, and I'm not going to change my planns because there happens to be one standing in front of me.: The stallion's head lifted as he caught a farmiliar scent.

:It's Rolan and Eodain,: he sent quickly to all members of the party. :And, if I'm not mistaken, Elrond's sons as well.:

:Besides,: Diablo continued, again speaking so everyone could hear him, :If you don't let us through, well, the Twins may have something to say about it.:

Rolan caught sight of the group and grabbed Elrohir's (the one in red) sleeve. "It's them!" he crowed excitedly. "The Elfish lords an' lass an' all. They're here!" And he ran down towards the group making a rather undignified landing that knocked the already very confused guard down.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 10:45
(ooc: XD poor guard! hope you don't mind me using the twins!)

:Horsefeathers,: Diablo grumbled. He shouldered his way to the front of the group, ignoring Narmon's protests. :Get out of the way,: he said clearly in the guard's head. :I wasn't planning on idiots blocking the road, and I'm not going to change my planns because there happens to be one standing in front of me.: The stallion's head lifted as he caught a farmiliar scent.

:It's Rolan and Eodain,: he sent quickly to all members of the party. :And, if I'm not mistaken, Elrond's sons as well.:

:Besides,: Diablo continued, again speaking so everyone could hear him, :If you don't let us through, well, the Twins may have something to say about it.:

"You're going to get me shot," Narmion mumbled down at the horse, but before he could get any reaction, Rolan came barreling down the path and slammed into the guard, sending the arrow flying off into the trees and the elf sprawling in the dirt. The guard scrambled to his feet and was about to say some very rude thing to the child when he spotted the twins heading down toward them. Cursing under his breath, he gave a quick bow, then began speaking as they approached.
"My lords, these travelers want to pass, but they seem to think being in the company of an elleth is enough to get them through."
"It is!" Elrohir said, "When the elleth is Lalaith. Are our scouts and guards becoming so unruly?"
"Your father ordered the guard doubled."
"Well thank you, you've done a wonderful job. Welcome to Rivendell!" The twin turned to the travelers with a grin, and his brother broke in, "Welcome back, Lalaith. We wondered where you had gotten off to. You might have told someone you were leaving-- your mother had to be all but tied up to be kept from coming after you."
"Elladan, can you not see that they are weary?" He gave his twin a small shove, "save your speeches for later. This way!"
He gestured up the path, then turned and headed back. Lalaith gave a relieved sigh, smiling at her companions, then pushing the horse forward.

Narmion wondered darkly why these elves had not been at the battle... Lalaith had clearly said that several of their soldiers had marched out to fight. Maybe it was simply that the lords of Imladris had been needed here... he decided not to ask. They were here now, safe for the time being, with others of their kin clearly alive. He wondered what Glyndr was thinking, but didn't ask that either. He could see that the Kelquinti's thoughts were elsewhere.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 11:22
Before Eadoin could get a word in edgewise, the Twins and Rolan had left the room, leaving him sitting in his chair. He was on his feet in seconds. "Wait for me!" he called, running after them.

When Rolan spotted the group, Eadoin watched in amusement as Rolan went running at them, landing on the elven guard. The arrow that the guard had nocked to his bow and pointed at Arato went flying harmlessly into the forest. Eadoin began to pick his path carefully, not wishing to make the same mistake and the same landing as Rolan had.

-----------------------------------------

"Eadoin? He's here?" Aiden asked out loud, having heard Diablo's comment about the missing members of their party. At that moment, Rolan came crashing down on top of the guard, causing Aiden to stare at him in disbelief. Arato merely rolled his eyes and slipped from his horse to help the boy up.

"You might want to watch where you land next time," he said to the boy. "That guard doesn't look too amused about that."

"Arato!" Eadoin said, coming to join the group. "You finally made it. Valar, are these elves scary. I would have thought that the elves of Rivendell would have been kinder, you have no idea of how I was treated by the scouts. Not to mention the fact that those twins up there are confusing me..." he trailed off, seeing Aiden dismounting behind his brother.

"Eadoin!" Aiden ran over and practically tackled his younger brother. "You had me worried, father would have killed me if you had gotten lost or killed, don't do that!" He pulled back and looked at his brother for a moment. "You've bathed," he commented at length.

"Yes, I have. Now get off me," Eadoin grumbled, trying to sit up. Aiden complied and helped his brother up, giving him a fierce hug.

"If you ever go wandering off like that again when it's getting dark, take me with you," Aiden said. "Arato drugged me to keep me from going after you."

"He did, did he?" Eadoin said, pitching his voice so only Aiden could hear. "I think we can get him back for that..." Aiden's face broke into a grin. Oh yes, this stop was bound to be interesting... They followed the rest of the group back up the path.

((Lol, Rolan crashing down on top of the elven guard. How surprising that must have been. Poor guard, he's going to be sore in the morning, being used for a landing pad and all that.))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 03:26
OOc// Nothing Elrond won't be able to cure in a jiffy. Heck, compared to what the little termite suffered, I think the guard's getting off light...

"You might want to watch where you land next time," he said to the boy. "That guard doesn't look too amused about that."

Rolan flipped over and grinned up at Arato. "He'll be all right. That Elrod one'll clean him up nice." He continued to smile foolishly up at Arato, not making any move to stand up on his own. Arato had to forcibly drag him to his feet.

Elladan and Elrohir were helping the guard Elf up and speaking to him. The guard looked chagrinned and disappeared so fast that the leaves didn't even have time to rustle before he passed them. Then Elladan moved over to Arato and Rolan. He scooped the boy up easily and commented, "And I thought only an overdose of poppy could make one so insensible."

"Well, apparently you were wrong," put in Elrohir who was standing at Diablo's head with so little caution due the personality of the stallion it was astounding.

: Do you think he'd squeak if I nipped him?: Diablo asked Narmion hopefully. :I like it when Elves become undignified.:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 11:49
Glyndr was just about to give the guard a painful reminder to get a move on, when Diablo did it for him, He waited to see the guard's reaction..
He didn't have to wait long..
The guard was flattened by Rolan..
"Oh hell and damnation!" Glyndr cursed, that was all he needed. That dratted child, he had secretly hoped that they would not find him..ever!

The Kellquenti glanced at Narmion, he said nothing to the young Elf..his look said it all.."I do not think I am going to like it here"....He too wondered why the Lords had not gone to war..his look told Narmion that he thought the same as he did..
Glyndr eyed the twins intensley, the ice blue stare penetrating as he assessed them, They were as alike in looks as he and his own twin Castlyn were.
He dreaded the stay here, Twins could be a big problem.
He knew for certain.
He was one!

The captain followed the others down the path, He was very subdued, brooding, At least they had arrived at Rivendell,
That was good, but, Lalaith was now amongst her own kin again, Now he would not be able to be with her as much as he had while they were on the road..
That was not good.
The green eyed demon of jealousy bit hard..
Woe betide anyone who annoyed him now.

[Edited on 1/7/2005 by elflyn]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 01, 2005 04:09
: Do you think he'd squeak if I nipped him?: Diablo asked Narmion hopefully. :I like it when Elves become undignified.:

"Is that why you nearly dumped me off before?" Narmion asked with a laugh, "I don't think you should risk it today."

.."I do not think I am going to like it here"....

Narmion caught his companion's low words, though it seemed the others did not. As for himself, he was convinced he had finally found a place where he could rest. It would be difficult, though, knowing that Glyndr couldn't find peace. He wondered if that elf would find peace anywhere.
As he thought this, his eyes strayed to Lalaith, who rode a small distance ahead of them.
Sighing, he turned his attention to Arato, his brothers, and Rolan... he was sure they would enjoy themselves in the elvenhome.. especially the mischievious ones. He wasn't sure about Amata... she seemed to be fond enough of her elven heritage, but he didn't know how she felt about Imladris.

Lalaith was slumping in the saddle-- she knew they needed to see Elrond before going to find rest, for he would need to tend their wounds himself... but she was tired. It seemed a lifetime since she had slept in her own bed. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw the dark looks on the elves faces. Slowing her mount just a bit, she brought Cillith to the same pace as Slystar and Diablo.
"They are a little too cheerful for our moods, arent they?" she asked, gesturing at the twins, "they always are... listen, you two can take the rooms and beds of my brother and father. That way you will be close to me, if you need me for anything... Rivendell can be confusing for those who have never walked its many turnings."
She grew silent then. Lalaith did want these ellons where she could find them easily.. especially Glyndr. He seemed so tense and uncomfortable, even upon entering the valley of Imladris... She had hoped that arriving would lighten his mood, but it seemed only to have darkened it.
Can nothing make you forget your sorrows? She thought, looking over at him. Once again, her eyes lingered on his face. She lost her train of thought as she studied the elegant shape of his jaw, those icey eyes, the perfect way his nose sloped, his lips...
aah!!
Her cheeks burned and she did turn her eyes ahead, keeping them focused on the twins. It was then that she silently admitted it to herself... she was rapidly losing her heart to this cold, kelquinti warrior. Although the thought should have troubled her, with so much going on everywhere, her recent loss, and Glyndr being so different from anything she'd ever looked for in the opposite sex.... it didn't bother her in the least. The blushing didn't cease, though, and she wondered if (hoped that) he felt the same way... surely not... he was a cold soul. And yet, when he looked at her...
A stab of pain in her thigh caused her to wince and gasp, forgetting her new thoughts for a moment. The elleth realized just how badly she needed to see Elrond.. Arato was a master healer, but Rivendell's lord could speed her healing along, and hopefully, relieve some of that pain.

(ooc: hope that makes sense.. like I said in the OOC.. I'm exhausted! if I read it tomorow and it sounds completely floofy... I'll edit. but at least Lalaith is no longer in denial!)

[Edited on 2/7/2005 by dreamdancer]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 12:13
The Kellquenti's mood darkened even more, if that was possible..
Lalaith had said the twins were always cheerful..The thought filled him with dread.
Not only did he have to put up with that pest of a child Rolan, he now had two others likely to make his life hell...
He brightened a little as Lalaith offered him and Narmion rooms, and the thought of her bieng close...Ahhh..that drove the green eyed demon from him for a while.

He looked towards her, sensing , in his trained, Kellquenti way, that she watched him.
He smiled his perfect half smile , she was blushing, he thought her even more beautiful ..He thought her...of her..he wanted to always be with her..to smile at her embarassment.to laugh with her , to be there for her forever., to have her as his own..
He WHAT?
Glyndr suddenly realised that slowly, surely, she had somehow thawed his frozen heart..that frightened the cold, demon Elf....
He shook his head and glanced at Narmion, hoping the Elf had not noticed his obvious stare at Lalaith.
"Lalaith", he had seen her wince, " Please, allow me to accompany you to a healer.."
Glyndr wanted to make sure he could spend as much time as he could with her... He had a fear that that could be difficult..
Too many here loved Lalaith...., but not as much as he now knew he did.
How could he tell her? would she refuse him? would the comfort and love of those in Rivendell take her from him?
Glyndr was Glyndr...dare anyone get in his way!
But...he had to find the right time to tell her.
That would be more difficult..very difficult...

[Edited on 3/7/2005 by elflyn]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 06:07
Amata rode in silence, enjoying watching her companions, and attempting to guess their thoughts. However, her face remained blank, as she felt the ever rising apprehension build up in her. If Rivendell was still inhabited... then.. her family could be alive. She stared at the back of the rider in front of her, willing time to slow down.
It felt strange for her to be surrounded by elven-kind, and to be in this haven. She hadn't realised how accustomed she'd become to simple Rohirric life - as she felt a pang of longing for the view of the thatched houses and simple tracks. Why had she even bothered to accompany these elves? She abandoned that life - she didn't want to spend time in the way of living that she'd so wished to avoid.
She turned her eyes to what she was really seeing, and tried to banish her sober feelings. This place was beautiful. Beautiful. Are you listening, Amata? It's beautiful. And safe. She sighed, and closed her eyes, suddenly feeling weary.

Lapis slowed to a halt as the party stopped, and the elven twins dismounted. Amata stifled a yawn, and slid down from the saddle, waiting for something to happen - strangely aware of her self-confidence dwindling.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 09:05
OOc// Hopping off to the Little Homely House... ZING!!! okies, they're there.

"Think Ada will mind having a horse in the Great Hall?" Elladan asked Elrohir conversationally, watching in amusement as Diablo cantered around the Hall with Rolan bouncing along on his back.

Elrohir frowned thoughtfully. "Not if he didn't know they were in here," he replied in all seriousness. "Of course," he went on, smiling again, "he is going to find out, right?"

Elladan laughed. "What sort of twin would I be if I didn't go running to Ada at every little misstep you made?"

:A brilliant one,: Diablo replied, having listened into the Twins' converation. :I don't believe that I ever told on my twin... Of course, adults never belive fillies do naughty things, though.: The black horse trotted over to the twins and dropped Rolan uncerimonously onto their laps. :You can have the little bugger.I'm going to go find something or someone to annoy.: Diablo flicked his tail and walked out, leaving a very obvious trail of hoofprints.

The twins looked at each other with raised eyebrows. "He did that on purpose," they remarked together.

Rolan, still sprawled across the Elves' laps, smiled up at them. "'Couse 'e did. That devil-horse ne'er will set much of anything by rules."

"What do you mean, the Great Hall is unseemly?" Elrond demanded of his sons. They were blocking the entrance, leaning up against each other.

"Just what we said, Ada," Elladan replied. "Something got into it and made a mess."

Elrond frowned severely at the twins. "And who's going to do something about this?" he asked, his voice dangerously soft.

Elladan and Elrohir looked at each other, exchanged a smirk and said together, "Glyndr and Lalaith."

OOc// Cleaning the Great Hall. lol. sounds like that sixth grade romance... except it was the gym....:evil: now Glyndr and Laliath are gonna be ALONE....
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 12:40
Arato, Aiden, and Eadoin were shown to three rooms in the same general vicinity, and graciously thanked the Elves that had shown them to them. Eadoin dumped his pack just inside the door and went off to join Aiden in his room. Arato eyed them for a second before going into his own room. His little brothers were planning something, but he had a feeling that it was aimed at Glyndr and not him.

Arato began to unpack some of his belonging, being somewhat annoyed at living out of a pack for longer than necessary. He opened the door to the bathing chamber situated next to his room and smiled to himself. A bath and a change of clothing would do him good. He stepped into the chamber and closed the door behind him.

Meanwhile, Eadoin sat comfortably on Aiden's bed as the older brother moved about his room, admiring the view from his balcony, staring in awe at the work around him. Eadoin grinned at his brother and rose to close the door.

"I just thought of a prank to pull on Arato..." Eadoin said softly. Aiden glanced over and grinned.

"Do tell me what it is," Aiden prompted, a similar grin playing out on his face. Eadoin seated himself back down on Aiden's bed.

"So here's what I'm thinking. You know that wooden flute that he has, that father made him and that he rarely takes out of his pack?" Aiden nodded. "He's protective of that, so I was thinking that maybe if we "borrowed" it, he would come after it."

"And using that as bait, we could lead him around until we found the perfect place to do something else!" Aiden said excitedly.

"I was thinking something along the lines of dumping a bucket of water on him, and then some flour," Eadoin said. "I wonder if we could take some flour from the kitchen..." Aiden stood abruptly to his feet.

"We won't know unless we try," Aiden said. With a grin, Eadoin joined his brother and they went looking for the kitchen. They had to hurry if they wished to sneak into Arato's room unnoticed.

------------------------------------------------------

Arato rose out of the water with a sigh. It had been nice to bathe, he would admit that. While in the bath, he had checked on his wound and cleaned it again. He patted it dry with one end of the old bandage, wrapped a towel around his waist, and stepped into the bedroom.

In a few moments, he was sitting on the window sill with a jar of salve and a roll of bandages sitting next to him. His tunic was half off his shoulders, and the sunlight shone on his wound, giving him ample light to work. Just as he was finishing wrapping up his arm, he heard a slight sound and looked up.

Eadoin stood in his doorway, smirking at him. Arato raised an eyebrow in askance as he carefully took in his brother's appearance. Eadoin stood with his arms crossed, one hand firmly clutching... Arato's eyes stopped at that point.

"Eadoin," he began, "what are you doing with my flute?" He tried not to let too much worry creep into his voice. It was probably the most valueable possession in his pack belonging to him. It held so many memories.

"Why, Arato, I'm taking it. Isn't it obvious?" Eadoin said with a grin.

"Give it back." Arato was straightened up from his seat and slipping ihs tunic over the other arm. He slowly advanced, and Eadoin just as slowly retreated.

"I don't think I will," Eadoin said, and with that, went running down the hall. Arato was taken aback at the course of action, but had to follow, considering his flute was firmly in Eadoin's hand and his little brother didn't look like he was going to give it up anytime soon.

Later, Arat had backed Eadoin into a small cliff and had blocked off signs of exit. All that stood between him and his flute were a few small trees, some underbrush, and Eadoin. Easily conquered. Thinking that he had won whatever game that his brother was playing, he advanced... right into the trip wire that Aiden had ingeniously strung. At his touch, the rope zinged off into the trees, causing a bucket of water to teeter right above Arato's head. He stepped to the right.

Right into another torrent of water, this one dropped from above by a grinning Aiden, who had remained hidden in the leaves of the tree until Arato sprang the trap. After that, he dumped a pail of flour over Arato's head and sat back to watch the results.

Arato stood stunned for a few moments, just staring straight ahead. Slowly, he brought his hands up to his face and wiped some of the paste from it. He looked up, fixed Aiden with a stare, and just looked down at himself. Finally, he addressed his brothers.

"I would be angry if I wasn't so amused at how easily you caught me," Arato informed them. Aiden came down from the tree and stood next to his brother, who had approached. Eadoin handed Arato his flute back.

"Consider it payback for yesterday night," Aiden informed Arato with a grin. Arato's grin was his answer, and if either had cared to study their brother's eyes, they would have realized that Arato had something planned when he moved forward as if to embrace his brothers. Both fell right into the trap.

Suddenly, Arato tossed his flute over their heads and tackled the two of them. Laughing, the three brothers rolled around, wrestling and having a good time.

A dirty and grinning trio of brothers entered the Last Homely House some time later. Arato had retrieved his flute and had both his arms wrapped around his brother's shoulders. There were still many signs of the flour paste evident on Arato, but also some on Aiden and Eadoin.

"Well, let's hope that nobody sees us as such until we reach our rooms," Arato commented softly. Aiden and Eadoin nodded in agreement.

"I still can't believe we got you with that," Eadoin said.

"You should have realized that we set you up when Eadoin took your flute," Aiden added. "Neither of us can play it, and we wouldn't take it to be cruel, either."

"I don't mind. A prank once and a while is fun," Arato said. He grinned. "Considering I'm not the only one that's covered in flour anymore."

((That was a long post, but very amusing. It was originally just going to be water, but then I realized that it would be funnier to get Arato wet *and* sticky. That's where the flour came in. It made for an amusing post, don't you think?))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 04:26
Lalaith was sitting in her own bedroom, taking some quiet time for herself. Her wounds had been tended and she felt considerably better after bathing and changing. Though the ache in her thigh was gone, she was still tired, however. So you can be sure that when one of the twins poked his head in the door and told her she was needed in the Great Hall for cleaning, she was none to happy. Being the passive elleth she was, though, she didn't argue, and simply went to the Hall to see what had happened there, while grumbling to herself. The twin (she hadn't seen enough of him to tell which one it was) had mysteriously vanished, and so she sighed in frustration before pushing open the door.

Glyndr was the only person in the hall, and he was standing there alone, seething. The elleth's heart jumped into her throat and she almost turned and went in the other direction, but she saw Elrohir and Elladan standing some distance off watching, so she turned and went back inside, thinking that those two had to have something to do with this as she closed the door behind her.

As she walked over to where Glyndr stood, she clearly saw the hoof-prints on the floor. Only one horse probably would have done it... and that one always seemed to relentlessly annoy the cold elf. It was a wonder Diablo was still alive.
Or maybe Glyndr isn't as heartless as he thinks he is....
Coming up behind the kelquinti, she spoke, hoping she didn't sound as anxious as she felt. In truth, she felt almost like a smitten child.
"Do they have you cleaning, too?" she asked, then her lips turned up in a teasing half-smile as he turned to look at her, "Or did you make the mess?"

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 12:42
"NO! I will not clean your damned Hall" Glyndr snapped at the twins, " Do I look like a servant?...Go away!"

Glyndr had met them on his way back from the stables, He had gone there to make sure Sylstar had been well tended, and that the warhorse had not killed anyone, and now he was bieng told to go clean the Great Hall.
He was not amused.
"Alright!, alright, I'll go!" Glyndr stormed past them towards the Hall,"Just leave me alone to get some peace!", His thoughts on Lalaith, his emotions in turmoil, He needed time alone to think.
He stood in the Hall cursing..he knew exactly who had made the mess, and that animal was going to be very sorry when Glyndr found him.

The Kellquenti was aware of someone walking towards him, the lightness of the steps told him it was a female, He did not look round, but glared angrily at the bucket of water at his side.
"No I did not make this mess" he snapped, " I may kick like one, but I am not a stallion",
Glyndr turned suddenly, He had recognised Lalaith's voice.
"Lalaith", he looked flustered, "Forgive me I did not mean to snap at you, I am just so annoyed at bieng told we have to clean this cursed floor"
He snatched up the large bucket ,"What a way to treat guests" he growled, secretly pleased, He now had time alone with Lalaith.
He set to work half heartedly, cursing under his breath, but all the while glancing at Lalaith when he knew she wasn't watching him. He felt sick, anxious. he desperately wanted to tell her she was beautiful.
But his heart had been frozen for so long,the feelings he felt for her so new, he was afraid to.
The Elf went to get more water, He couldn't be bothered to go to the pump outside, so he filled it from the indoor fountain. trying to get the water without getting wet.
It didn't work, the fountain soaked him.
He swore loudly and kicked the bucket hard, It bounced off the wall , soaking both him and Lalaith who stood close to him.

He stared in horror at the soaked Elleth, water dripping from her hair and down her face..
"L..Lalaith...Oh Hell, I am sorry....." he said , a look of deep guilt in his eyes .
"Please forgive me".
He went to stand facing her, they both looked like drowned rats, a puddle forming at their feet.
"Lalaith.. forgi...", he began, "I.." he stroked a stray lock of wet hair from her face, His hand trembled against her face as his eyes met hers.
"She is beautiful" he thought."Gods ! what is the matter with me?" He had never felt so out of control , his heartbeat frantic.
The ice blue look deepened, he took courage..
"Lalaith..you are beautiful"..
He had said it!
He swallowed hard, and stepped back a pace..
Would she run from him? would she slap him? would she just smile and walk away , laughing at him,?
Or would she pretend it had never happened.
She was silent...
"Say something" he thought desperately, "Please say or do something"....

[Edited on 5/7/2005 by elflyn]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 01:12
Rolan poked Elladan. "You owe me a forefit," he whispered, trying to stifle giggles. "You said he'd never admit it!" The young street thief was quite pleased his plan ahd worked out... Admittedly, he'd never planned on getting Glyndr soaked, but it was much funnier than serious.

Elladan looked about to protest, but his twin poked him too and whispered, "I'll push you off the rafter." That settled it. In no way was Elladan going to be responsible for ruining the new couple-to-be's evening.

"Fine," he muttered, still smirking a bit, despite the fact he'd lost the bet.

Rolan leaned forward on the rafter, watching Laliath and Glyndr intently. A few choice words found their way into his head and he almost blurted them out...

:Glyndr likes Laliath!:
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 03:12
The way that Glyndr set to cleaning surprised Lalaith-- she had thought he would flat refuse to do anything, They worked silently for a while, the whole time spent with the elleth trying to think of something to say.

The Elf went to get more water, He couldn't be bothered to go to the pump outside, so he filled it from the indoor fountain. trying to get the water without getting wet.
It didn't work, the fountain soaked him.
He swore loudly and kicked the bucket hard, It bounced off the wall , soaking both him and Lalaith who stood close to him. He stared in horror at the soaked Elleth, water dripping from her hair and down her face..
"L..Lalaith...Oh Hell, I am sorry....." he said , a look of deep guilt in his eyes .
"Please forgive me".
He went to stand facing her, they both looked like drowned rats, a puddle forming at their feet.
"Lalaith.. forgi...", he began, "I.." he stroked a stray lock of wet hair from her face, His hand trembled against her face as his eyes met hers.
"She is beautiful" he thought."Gods ! what is the matter with me?" He had never felt so out of control , his heartbeat frantic.
The ice blue look deepened, he took courage..
"Lalaith..you are beautiful"..
He had said it!
He swallowed hard, and stepped back a pace..
Would she run from him? would she slap him? would she just smile and walk away , laughing at him,?
Or would she pretend it had never happened.
She was silent...
"Say something" he thought desperately, "Please say or do something"....

She stood staring at him for a few moments. She had been silent at first out of shock at being soaked, then she had been too astonished to say anything when Glyndr touched her face, and now she felt as though her heart had stopped beating altogether. Just for a moment, though. It sped up and she looked down, blushing madly. Despite herself, a giggle passed her smiling lips, but she hardly knew how to reply. Of course, she had been called beautiful before, but never had it felt so wonderful. Inside, she was singing.
"Thank you," she said softly looking up at him, "That makes two of us, then... you're quite handsome as well.."
She stepped close to him and tugged at his wet sleeve, her smile ever present as their gazes met.
"Even when you're soaked with soapy water.."

--------------------

Narmion was quite oblivious to all this. He had wandered into the garden and fallen asleep on a bench, resting peacefully (and very vulnerable to pranks ^_~)
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 06:46
OOc// He won't be un-pranked for long, though....

Diablo was meandering through the gardens, nubbling on flowers and other things. He knew it would annoy someone that the lovely white flowers were eaten and several patches of kingsfoil relocated to the middle of Elrond's room with a little help from the twins.

He was looking for a specific someone--Nadrin. It hadn't escaped the stallion's attention that all the pranks planned seemed to be centered on Glyndr and Arato. Now it was his turn to play one of his own...

He caught the scent of the sleeping Elf and casually wandered over to his side. How on earth will you react to being...oh, say, woken up tomorrow and not knowing where the day went?

Diablo pulled a rag off his black back and dropped it casually onto the sleeping Elf's face. Arato was so smart to bring this thing, he mused. Perfect for keeping an Elf out of it until he should wake up...

Narmion shifted. Diablo removed the rag and trotted off, wondering how long it would be until someone discovered the Elf.

OOc// I'm not good with planning pranks... tell me if it's lame.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 11:39
After the three of them had cleaned up, Eadoin, Arato, and Aiden parted ways. Arato went to sit in the garden, and his brothers went off to find out where the Twins had gone, and where Rolan had gotten off to. Aiden had a feeling that wherever the twins were, the boy would be.

As Arato rounded a corner, he saw Narmion sleeping. That was a relief. The elf needed rest, but there was no way that the elf would admit it. Arato sat down next to him, but then noticed something strange. There was a cloth over his face. Arato leaned over and picked it up. He took a whiff of it and frowned.

"Alright, who got a hold of this?" Arato asked himself quietly. "I swear I left this... Eadoin!" He sprang to his feet and stalked through the garden, knowing that Narmion would be safe where he slept.

"Eadoin!" Arato burst through the doors of the Great Hall and stopped dead. A smile crossed his face, and suddenly he burst out laughing. Glyndr and Lalaith stood, drenched, in the middle of the Hall. As Glyndr leveled a stare at Arato, he retreated, still laughing.

"Arato?" Aiden asked, seeing his older brother collapsed in laughter. "What's funny?"

"You should see this..." Eadoin said, retreating from the Great Hall in a fit of giggles. He sank down next to Arato and just fell over, clutching his sides. After a while, their laughter subsided, and Arato suddenly became serious. He pulled out the slip of cloth.

"Okay, which one of you took this from my pack and drugged Narmion with it?" he asked softly. Eadoin and Aiden exchanged glances. Finally, Eadoin looked Arato in the face.

"Neither of us did," Eadoin said.

"Then who did?" Arato asked.

((The mystery of the drugged elf. We shall soon find out who done it. *laughs*))
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 02:24
Glyndr shivered as a drop of water ran down his back.
She spoke.
He froze.
She had not slapped him, or run away, She had called him handsome, Even if he did look like something the cat had dragged from a pond....
"Lalaith, " He smiled a warm smile, "I had been wanting to rell you that for a long while, It never seemed the right time"
He nudged the offending bucket with his foot, "Let's leave this..Elrond can clean his own damned floor, and you need to change into something dry".
Glyndr turned sharply, He had heard Eadoin giggling, He gave the boy a glare of death, that threatened certain death or torture , probably both.
He made a move towards the boy, Luckily for Eadoin he got to live another day.
Glyndr held out his hand to Lalaith, " Let me walk with you to your home," He took her hand and led her out of the Hall,
The Elf was certain they were bieng watched.
As they walked,Glyndr desperately wanted to slide his arm around her, To let those watching Ellons know that she was his, and to back off or else.
He had become braver in telling her how he thought, but he did not want to push his luck, just yet.

They stood at her door, Gllyndr hesitated a little , "Lalaith" he said quietly, "Would you meet me in the gardens after you have changed? I would very much enjoy your company, I feel a stranger here,I'd like to speak with you".
He smiled his perect half smile, "I shall leave the choice to you".

A while later found Glyndr in the gardens, He walked as if in a dream amongst the flowers and shrubs, noticing as if for the first time the colours and scents.
He stopped at a rose bush, the roses a pale icing sugar pink..the scent heady.
Within five minutes he had bribed and threatened the gardener into giving him a whole bunch of them.
Lalaith would love them , he thought.

The Elf noticed Narmion asleep on a bench, He went to speak with him,trying unsuccessfully to hide the roses.
Glyndr NEVER carried flowers.
"Narmion" he said as he sat at the end of the bench, "Wake up, I need to talk with you".
Narmion did not move. Glyndr became annoyed, "WAKE UP!"
He tried again..still nothing,
Glyndr was very annoyed..no one ignored him..
He shook Narmion..hoping to the Valar that no one was watching..
An Elf seemingly fast asleep, bieng shaken by another who held a bunch of roses.Not the usual sight in the gardens of Rivendell.
Glyndr gave up ..
He was sure now there was more to this.
A little investigation later, he thought.
For now he waited,
He hoped Lalaith would come..

[Edited on 6/7/2005 by elflyn]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 12:36
"Lalaith, " He smiled a warm smile, "I had been wanting to rell you that for a long while, It never seemed the right time"
He nudged the offending bucket with his foot, "Let's leave this..Elrond can clean his own damned floor, and you need to change into something dry".
Glyndr turned sharply, He had heard Eadoin giggling, He gave the boy a glare of death, that threatened certain death or torture , probably both.
He made a move towards the boy, Luckily for Eadoin he got to live another day.
Glyndr held out his hand to Lalaith, " Let me walk with you to your home," He took her hand and led her out of the Hall,
The Elf was certain they were bieng watched.
As they walked,Glyndr desperately wanted to slide his arm around her, To let those watching Ellons know that she was his, and to back off or else.
He had become braver in telling her how he thought, but he did not want to push his luck, just yet.

They stood at her door, Gllyndr hesitated a little , "Lalaith" he said quietly, "Would you meet me in the gardens after you have changed? I would very much enjoy your company, I feel a stranger here,I'd like to speak with you".
He smiled his perect half smile, "I shall leave the choice to you".

She shut the door behind her and leaned against it, resisiting the urge to squeal and giggle like a little girl. He enjoyed her company! Despite the fact that she was soaked, and her dress was probably ruined, the elleth felt like dancing.
The garden?

It didn't take long to dry off and change. The entire time she wondered what Glyndr had in mind to talk about, and she thought about what she would say.
I sincerely hope I do not act so silly again...
The fact that she had giggled so when he called her beautiful embarassed her to no end. Even now she had to stifle such a sound, and the smile wouldn't leave her lips. She hoped he didn't think her childish...

Lalaith found one of her best dresses, then decided she didn't want to seem over-zealous, so put it back and took the color down a few steps, to a more simple frock of green and gold. Once she had that on, she attempted to run a comb through the tangled golden mass that was her hair after un-braiding it. One pull told her it was useless, and she didn't want to spend an hour on her hair, so she smoothed it a bit and walked out. Making sure that the twins were nowhere in sight, she headed for the garden, heart racing.

When Lalaith came to the garden she breathed deeply, taking in the lovely smell of that place before walking forward. She spotted Glyndr through some trees and watched him silently for a moment, admiring his *perfect* appearence. He was standing near Narmion, who was sleeping. The kelquinti looked annoyed, as always. And he was holding... roses?

She smiled again. That was something she had never thought to see- cold, ruthless Glyndr, standing in the garden with a boquet! She didn't want him to know she had seen... stepping away, she smoothed her dress and fussed with her hair for a moment before taking a breath and continuing on the path. She came around in front of Glyndr, and she couldn't see the roses now, for they were behind his back.
The elleth smiled in greeting, then cast a glance at Narmion.
"He must be tired."

She regretted saying it immedietly... of course he was tired- he was sleeping! And here she was, striking up a conversation by stating the obvious. Her heart raced and she smiled again, inwardly embarassed.
Try not to sound like a fool, Lalaith!
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 10:10
Glyndr was furious that Narmion had somehow found himself "Asleep" , He needed to talk with him, and Glyndr was never patient.
He stared at the roses he held. He hoped he had not scared her away,That she would come.
He jumped, and hid them quickly as he heard her voice, " Yes asleep" , he said irritably, " and tired, and I am tired of.."
He stopped as he glanced up at her, the green and gold dress suited her figure perfectly, he stared , then realising it he said quickly,"Er...come, walk with me , I wuold like to speak with you, keep me company".
He smiled as they set off along the paths, "Oh", he stopped , and took the roses from behind his back, " For you",
He cursed inwardly, he wished he had a more gentler, easier way with words." I thought...well..I ..thought you might like them" he finished lamely.

They walked in silence for a while, Glyndr deep in thought, there was so much he wanted to say , yet he was not used to feeling this way, it made him anxious.

He stopped by the pond, huge water lilies floated on the clear water, He stared at a flower,
"Lalaith", he said quietly, "I shall not stay here long, not forever", The Kellqenti had found his courage again for a while, " Rivendell is beautiful, but it is not my home, I have no home now, I am forever destined to wander these lands, I will not ask Narmion to come with me, It is not right, He , I think ,has found peace at last" ,
Glyndr paused he turned to look deep into her eyes, " Lalaith , come with me when I leave, Come with me.."
He stopped and bowed his head, " Forgive me , I should never have asked it of you...forget that I have mentioned it,"
He looked up again at her, " I asked because I cannot bear to be alone any more, alone without you".

He cursed himself again, He had said too much.."Damn!" he threw a rock at a stone statue, Its head flew off, bouncing down the path,He turned to Lalaith, "I think if I stay here too long it will be a very expensive stay! , Elrond will not be amused"...
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 04:14
(ooc: I'm attempting a post. )

He smiled as they set off along the paths, "Oh", he stopped , and took the roses from behind his back, " For you",
He cursed inwardly, he wished he had a more gentler, easier way with words." I thought...well..I ..thought you might like them" he finished lamely.

Lalaith accepted the roses with a soft 'thank you' and smelled them deeply. They had always been her favorite.

Lalaith", he said quietly, "I shall not stay here long, not forever", The Kellqenti had found his courage again for a while, " Rivendell is beautiful, but it is not my home, I have no home now, I am forever destined to wander these lands, I will not ask Narmion to come with me, It is not right, He , I think ,has found peace at last" ,
Glyndr paused he turned to look deep into her eyes, " Lalaith , come with me when I leave, Come with me.."
He stopped and bowed his head, " Forgive me , I should never have asked it of you...forget that I have mentioned it,"
He looked up again at her, " I asked because I cannot bear to be alone any more, alone without you".

All of this was said so quickly that Lalaith didn't know how to respond. Of course she wanted to stay near him, to help him find peace. But to leave Rivendell, the home she had known for countless years?

He cursed himself again, He had said too much.."Damn!" he threw a rock at a stone statue, Its head flew off, bouncing down the path,He turned to Lalaith, "I think if I stay here too long it will be a very expensive stay! , Elrond will not be amused"...

She jumped a little when he threw the rock, knocking off the statue's head. A small smile played on her lips at his comment, but she was silent for a moment, thinking deeply.
"You have not been here that long," she finally said,and setting her roses down, she stood in front of him and took his hands. "You may yet learn to enjoy being in Rivendell."
His expression said he wouldn't. She fetl anxious- what to do? What to say? She squeezed his hands.
"You ask me to make a difficult choice, Glyndr. I am no traveler. I am certainly no warrior. You have seen that much in me- on the wide roads of middle-earth, I would be a burden to you, something else needing protection."
His eyes were fixed on her. Their coldness has lessened considerably, no longer able to mask fully the emotions running through his strange heart. She could only guess what horrors those eyes had beheld, or what despair that heart had felt.
"And yet..."
Sighing, she brought one hand up and traced the line of his jaw with soft fingers.
"I would not be parted from you, either. Rivendell is my home, but I fear I should find it joyless if you are gone."

------------
Meanwhile, Narmion was still snoozing away, heedless of everyone and everything.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 08:07
(( I'll try... but it probably won't be very good. I'll attempt this family reunion thing ))

Amata strolled aimlessly through the gardens, admiring the beauty. Perhaps Rivendell wasn't too bad after all... She sat down on a tree stump, and let herself slip away into thoughtful day-dreams, absent-mindedly chewing the end of a plait.

The tall figure on the path ahead faltered in his tracks as the maiden came into view around the corner. She had not noticed his light step, so he stole several moments of time gazing at her, brow furrowed. Her hair colour, eye colour, way of dressing. The way she was sitting... chewing her plait... Amata?

Amata glanced up to find herself under scrutiny from an elf. She frowned, glaring at him, before she realised her mistake. A half-elf. A.. a familiar half-elf. One which stared at her with recognition in his eyes, and one which spoke, "Sister?"
The mortal rose to her feet, brushing dirt from her tunic. "Faeringil." It wasn't a question. The gap between them closed, and differences disregarded as they embraced.
Then Amata stood back from her brother, and raised an eyebrow. "So. You weren't in the battle afterall?"
"Father was. And.. now he is dead."
"I see." Silence.
"You could be a little more compassionate." His dark eyes fixed on her reproachfully.
"Oh? And what has he ever done for me? What have you ever done, for that matter. I haven't met you or him for years. Why should I mourn?"
Faeringil suddenly turned away from her, not hiding the look of disdain on his face. "I see you haven't changed then." He began to move off down the path. Amata watched him go, arms crossed defiantly across her chest. Let him rage. She didn't care. She had never cared.
A flicker of remorse shot across her face. Was that true? Surely she was pleased that her brother lived? She slammed a fist into her palm angrily. She'd had one brief moment of happy reunion, before they'd started arguing again.
Amata imagined what a lifetime in Valinor would have been like.

She stormed off down the path, until she felt that enough distance was between her and Faeringil. Not looking where she was going, she stumbled over something, and almost screamed when she saw that it was a body. Upon closer examination, she was relieved to find only a sleeping Narmion. 'Pretty deep sleep'. She sat down beside him, studying his face thoughtfully. He looked peaceful. And happy. And handsome.

What?!

Amata pinched herself, and stood up quickly, staring down at Narmion, then glancing around her. She turned to run down a path, stopping for breath when she encountered the trio of humans.
"Oh, hello. I wondered where everyone had vanished off to."

(( I can't think of anything else for Fae to do... and I've no idea about Dia and Rolan. I don't feel comfortable writing for them. ))

[Edited on 9/7/2005 by anduril269]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 03:28
"No I have not been here long", Glyndr answered Lalaith, "Rivendell is indeed a beautiful place, but I shall never find peace here" he smiled, "Indeed will I ever find it?"
He looked at her slender hands as she held his," Lalaith, you would never be a burden to me", he lifted his ice blue gaze to meet her eyes, "I shall not ask you to make that choice..I see how much you love your home..I will not ask you to leave that which you love so much".

The Captain took a deep breath as her fingertips brushed his jaw, his heartbeat racing, his emotions high.
He placed his hand on hers and held it gently as he kissed it softly.
"Lalaith, I will not leave without you, If you are to stay , then I shall stay also"

Glyndr crouched to pick up her roses, he placed them in her hands, " I wonder what that was about?" He nodded towards Amata, he had vaguely been aware of the meeting.
Glyndr took her hand, he smiled the warm smile he kept only for her, " Let's find out "...
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 04:32
"The last we saw of Glyndr and Lalaith, they were in the Great Hall..." Aiden left it at that.

"Have you run across Narmion? His sleep is a little too deep for my liking... I think he may have been drugged," Arato said softly. "Of course, I could be entirely mistaken," he added, scratching his head. A small, white cloud rose from his head, and Eadoin had to smother a laugh. Arato ignored it.

"The boy and the horse seem to have disappeared from the face of Middle-Earth, along with those twins," Eadoin said, covering his laughter with coughs. "Although I have a feeling that they're up to no good."

"Well, neither were we," Aiden said. Arato glared at the two of them.

"If you dare bring that up, I will send you back to Edoras tied up in seperate sacks. With a note to Keene telling him not to let you two out of his sight ever again. Understand?" Arato growled. Aiden and Eadoin grinned at him, knowing that their brother would never do that, no matter how serious his threat seemed.

"What were you running from?" Eadoin asked, noticing that Amata's breathing was heavy. "Oh, and Arato? You still have some flour in your hair." With a laugh, Aiden and Eadoin took off down one of the paths.

"Hide while you can, I'll get you back for that!" Arato called after them. "I just haven't figured out how yet..." he muttered under his breath.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 12:30
"Lalaith, I will not leave without you, If you are to stay , then I shall stay also"

Glyndr crouched to pick up her roses, he placed them in her hands, " I wonder what that was about?" He nodded towards Amata, he had vaguely been aware of the meeting.
Glyndr took her hand, he smiled the warm smile he kept only for her, " Let's find out "...

Lalaith wasn't so eager to end the moment, but she was curious about Amata as well. She returned the smile- she had grown to adore seeing him smile! - but made no move to head in the direction the half-elf had gone. Not yet.
There was a moment of indecision, but the elleth made up her mind, and with a little laugh stood on her toes, pressing her lips against his in a quick, but soft, kiss. She pulled away blushing, of course, hardly able to believe herself. Lalaith released his hand and hugged the roses to her.
"Lets do find out," she said, before turning and walking ahead of him a few steps before stopping. She glanced over her shoulder and threw him a teasing grin. "Are you coming?"

(ooc. elflyn, I was looking at Glyndr's profile for his height so I could compare them, and I busted out laughing when I saw you had his height as 'tall'. I think I'm delerious from lack of sleep 0-o )
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 06:50
The last ice crystal in Glyndr's frozen heart melted as Lalaith kissed him.
He stood frozen.....,Too stunned, too excited to move or speak.
"Lalaith", he whispered her name .
She had kissed him. He had wanted to kiss her for a long while, but had not found the courage, He did not want to push too far...too soon..
"Are you coming?" she had asked him as he stood watching her with a deep look in his ice blue eyes.
She was beautiful, her eyes sparkling and her face still flushed from her blushing.

The Captain walked to face her.
"Lalaith..I..I...wa..." he stopped, The look in his eyes spoke for him.
He took her face gently in his hands, then leant to kiss her, a tentative, featherlight kiss, deepening slightly as he became bolder..
Glyndr stepped back a pace, trembling, " I don't believe I just did that!...oh Gods!"..he thought to himself.
He hoped she had not been frightened by the power of the kiss , or had been offended by it.
He changed the subject.
" I think we had better join the others now", he said..The Kellquenti was very embarrassed , and glanced round to see that no one had been watching them.
" Perhaps you could show me your land of Rivendell, I should very much like to see its beauty, A picnic perhaps?" he asked hopefully..
He wanted to spend as much time as he could with her.
The Cold Elf was lost..to a golden haired Elleth...
He hoped they could go alone..but somehow he knew that would never happen..

OOC Yep DD my lovestruck Elfy is tall..(and very beautiful):love:

NO laughing Nimmy! LOL!!!!
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 07:22
Amata felt a blush rise to her cheeks as Arato mentioned Narmion, and fought to keep her complexion to its normal state, while hoping that no one noticed. She shook her head, and mumbled a 'no'.
Drugged..? That would explain the deep sleep. She wondered who drugged him, and why.
Her eyes turned to Eadoin, fighting to keep her expression blank.
"Nothing. I.. I just felt like running," she stammered.

She watched the two brothers run away, a small smile on her lips as she figured out the prank they had played upon their older brother.
"Um.. do you know why Narmion was drugged? It won't have any affect upon him, will it?" Amata asked tenatively, then realised that she was chewing her plait again, and dropped it in embarrassment.

Her ears caught the sound of voices, and she glanced around to see the Kellquenti elf and Lalaith emerge from a path near by. She watched them curiously. Neither of them could hide the radiance of their expressions, and the half-elf couldn't help smiling at them both.

Suddenly there was a soft step behind her, and she whirled around to see Faeringil. His eyes moved from watching the others, and back to her face.
"What?" She asked bluntly, her tone of voice dull. Faeringil shrugged.
"Nothing. I'm just forgiving you for the way you spoke to me eariler." Amata's eyes flashed in annoyance, but she bit her lip and forced herself to keep a civil tongue.
"Fine. I forgive you for speaking to me like that too, then." She crossed her arms, and set her mouth in a solid line of defiance.
Then she recalled her companions.
"Oh. Um.. Arato, Glyndr, Lalaith, this is my brother Faeringil. I expect you know Lalaith already, Fae? Considering that you live in Rivendell."
Her brother nodded to the Kellquenti and the human, and smiled at Lalaith. "Yes, I believe we have met a couple of times in Elrond's halls."

(( .. run out of brain power. ))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 01:30
((Feeling... weird. *dies laughing* Too late, DD, I'm already laughing, due to exhaustion. *collapses into her computer chair* 8 hours at the supermarket, and everyone chose to come shopping. It's a Monday, why?! I'm brain-dead...))

"Why he was drugged?" Arato asked, trying to inconspiciously brush flour from the top of his head. "Maybe a prank, but then again, there's also the possibility of it being for another reason. No, it probably won't affect him beyond a little confusion as to where the day went..." Arato trailed off and narrowed his eyes slighly at Amata. He had noticed the slight blush at his mention of Narmion.

He nodded a greeting to Faeringil and to Lalaith and Glyndr. One side of his mouth quirked up into a smile at Amata and he bowed slightly to the elves and half-elf before him. "If you'll excuse me, I have to seek out my errant brothers. Revenge, as they say, is sweet." With that, he turned and followed the path Aiden and Eadoin had taken, intent on finding where they were hiding and seeking out the twins before they could. His luck held, for a few moments later, he spied the dark-haired elves.

"Excuse me, my lords, but could I speak to you a moment?" Arato called to them. The twins turned around and waited for him to catch up. "I'm Arato, and I was wondering if you've seen my brothers around? And I'm also wondering if you would kindly assist me in my revenge?"

"Your revenge?" one of the twins asked. Arato nodded. "Revenge for what."

"Ah... you see," Arato coughed, "they managed to lure me out and cover me with flour paste."

"I was wondering what the white in your hair was," the other twin remarked. Arato brushed the top of his head again, and more flour fell out. He managed a grin.

"Revenge? Of course we'd be willing to help you!" the first exclaimed. The other beckoned Arato to follow, and the human did so, satisfied that he could have his revenge. Aiden and Eadoin wouldn't know what hit them.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 04:47
Lalaith..I..I...wa..." he stopped, The look in his eyes spoke for him.
He took her face gently in his hands, then leant to kiss her, a tentative, featherlight kiss, deepening slightly as he became bolder..
Glyndr stepped back a pace, trembling,

Lalaith's heart was racing by now, and she stood for a moment after he backed away, stunned. She was blushing madly, but smiling happily within seconds. She thought that she had enjoyed her *small* kiss-- but that...

" I think we had better join the others now", he said..The Kellquenti was very embarrassed , and glanced round to see that no one had been watching them.
" Perhaps you could show me your land of Rivendell, I should very much like to see its beauty, A picnic perhaps?" he asked hopefully..
He wanted to spend as much time as he could with her.

"A picnic would be lovely," she said softly, and they turned and walked together. She didn't know what to say, but it felt as though all the grief she had been feeling was gone, and nothing in the world could make her feel sorrow.

She watched them curiously. Neither of them could hide the radiance of their expressions, and the half-elf couldn't help smiling at them both.

Suddenly there was a soft step behind her, and she whirled around to see Faeringil. His eyes moved from watching the others, and back to her face.
"What?" She asked bluntly, her tone of voice dull. Faeringil shrugged.
"Nothing. I'm just forgiving you for the way you spoke to me eariler." Amata's eyes flashed in annoyance, but she bit her lip and forced herself to keep a civil tongue.
"Fine. I forgive you for speaking to me like that too, then." She crossed her arms, and set her mouth in a solid line of defiance.
Then she recalled her companions.
"Oh. Um.. Arato, Glyndr, Lalaith, this is my brother Faeringil. I expect you know Lalaith already, Fae? Considering that you live in Rivendell."
Her brother nodded to the Kellquenti and the human, and smiled at Lalaith. "Yes, I believe we have met a couple of times in Elrond's halls."

"Yes, on several occasions," Lalaith replied, smiling politely, and looped her arm around Glyndr's. His muscles were tense. "I believe I've run into you in the library more than once as well."

"If you'll excuse me, I have to seek out my errant brothers. Revenge, as they say, is sweet." With that, he turned and followed the path Aiden and Eadoin had taken

She watched Arato go with a half-smile, wondering what sort of trouble he was off to get into. Her mood was much lighter..
----

Narmion was still sleeping, except now he had rolled off of the bench and onto the ground- without waking up. His dreams were good, however, so for the moment he was un-troubled.

(*pets Nimmy* poor hard-working girl! I know the feeling. I used to work at Subway, and it was non-stop from opening to closing.)
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 05:46
"Then I shall arrange the picnic" , Glyndr smiled, his heartbeat still had not returned to normal...He hated bieng so vulnerable..
Time alone with Lalaith was justwhat he needed, He had not slept in days, he still hurt and the time alone with her in peace would be perfect.

Glyndr nodded an acknowledgement to Faeringil, The Captain fixed him with his usual ice glare.The glare becoming dangerous as Faeringil smiled at Lalaith..
The greeneyed jealosy demon was re awakening...

The Elf was pleased as Arato excused himself to go to find his brothers, At least he would not be joining them on the picnic.
That left Amata, Glyndr would welcome her company if she chose to come with them.
Now , that left Faeringil...
He would NOT be welcome...
Glyndr hoped that Lalaith would not invite him...It would not be wise..The Kellquenti Elf was very possessive.
There would be trouble....
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 09:35
Amata watched Arato leave in silence, anticipating another prank to come in the near future. She found the endless pranks a welcome relief to the never-ending peacefulness of Rivendell. It was beautiful, but.. a bit too beautiful.

Beside her, Faeringil nodded to Lalaith's words. "Yes... that's true. There was the time when I managed to drop all of my scrolls by running into you on my way out." His smile renewed itself, and Glyndr's glaring passed unnoticed by him... but not Amata.

A wide smile dawned on her face as the haughty expression tinged with jealousy appeared on the Kellquenti's face, his icy glare fixed upon Faeringil. She noticed, even if he didn't, and she enjoyed it.
She diverted her gaze to her brother, and regarded him with raised eyebrows. "Scrolls? I didn't know that you'd turned into one of those bookish scholarly types - I thought you wanted to join the army." Her tone was annoyingly mocking.
Faeringil looked down on her with a mixed expression of annoyance and disregard. "I changed my mind. Though I still train, of course."
"Hm. I expect you've inherited father's sword, etc."
"Naturally."
"A pity. Surely it'd be wasted on a scholar - if only there was another sibling for him to pass it down to. One who was actually interested in fighting."
Silence. Amata struggled with her conscience. Could she keep on throwing string after string of hurtful words at one of her own blood? She decided that she could. "Did father even recall that I exist? I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. You were always the favourite. It was always Fae this, Fae that. I had no peace!"
"I thought you hated peace."
Amata glared at her brother with eyes almost as stony as Glyndr's. She felt the argument slipping away from her, and fell into a moment of silence. Then, "Mîbo orch, Fae," she muttered morosely, and turned to leave again.

Something tugged at her mind. She couldn't always be running away from things she didn't like or didn't agree with.
Amata hesitated, and halted. Then she turned around again, and smiled a tight-lipped smile at the two elves.
"Sorry." She bit her lip, and her gaze dropped to the ground, as she fought the impulse to leave.
Her eyes met Faeringil's, and hiis unflinching gaze bored deep into her. Amata stifled a semi-strangled sob, before giving in to the impulse and fleeing.

A few moments later she sat down, breathless, fighting back the tears which she could not even account for. It did not work, and soon they were streaming down her face.
Why did life have to be so complicated?

She drew in a long shuddering breath, and forced herself to calm down. It took several minutes. Then she wiped her eyes, and stood, with the intention of returning to Lalaith and Glyndr. But.. Faeringil would be there. And even if he wasn't, the two elves wouldn't want her presence... she could sense that they might want to be alone for a while.
Arato was busy arranging a prank against his brothers.. Who else was there to go to?
She didn't know anyone in Rivendell.
Narmion. No, Amata, he was alseep.
Who could she tag onto? There had to be someone in Rivendell she could make an acquaintance with...
Narmion.
She gazed at the path ahead of her, the realization dawning on her that she didn't even know the way back to the buildings.
Narmion.

Amata clamped her hands over her ears, and screamed, "SHUT UP!!!" Why did her thoughts keep returning to him? It was just a chance observation.. it shouldn't invade her mind relentlessly. She dug her hands into her hair, and purged her mind of thoughts. Think about something else, Amata. Rohan. Yes. Think about Rohan.
She set off down the path, wandering aimlessly.

((... sorry, that got a bit long. ))

[Edited on 12/7/2005 by anduril269]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 01:10
Amata's scream sent Eadoin tumbling from his treebranch and into some underbrush with an undignified squak. He rolled onto the path in front of Amata and stared up at her, surprised that someone like her could utter something like that.

"Wow," he said quietly. "You have some lungs there."

"What happened!?" Aiden said, bursting out of the trees on the other side of the path. He was on edge. When he saw that there was nobody around, he calmed down and raised an eyebrow at Amata. "What was that for?"

((I survived, thankfully. I live, I LIVE! *cackles* Any length shift will make you weird... yeah, DD, liked the post, and Andy, poor Amata!))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 06:36
Faeringil nodded to Lalaith's words. "Yes... that's true. There was the time when I managed to drop all of my scrolls by running into you on my way out." His smile renewed itself

"I recall." Lalaith replied with a little laugh. It had been a humerous experience. She could tell Glyndr was tensing, but for some reason she didn't attribute it to jelousy. She and Fae were hardly good friends.

She diverted her gaze to her brother, and regarded him with raised eyebrows. "Scrolls? I didn't know that you'd turned into one of those bookish scholarly types - I thought you wanted to join the army." Her tone was annoyingly mocking.
Faeringil looked down on her with a mixed expression of annoyance and disregard. "I changed my mind. Though I still train, of course."
"Hm. I expect you've inherited father's sword, etc."
"Naturally."
"A pity. Surely it'd be wasted on a scholar - if only there was another sibling for him to pass it down to. One who was actually interested in fighting."
Silence. Amata struggled with her conscience. Could she keep on throwing string after string of hurtful words at one of her own blood? She decided that she could. "Did father even recall that I exist? I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. You were always the favourite. It was always Fae this, Fae that. I had no peace!"
"I thought you hated peace."
Amata glared at her brother with eyes almost as stony as Glyndr's. She felt the argument slipping away from her, and fell into a moment of silence. Then, "Mîbo orch, Fae," she muttered morosely, and turned to leave again.

Something tugged at her mind. She couldn't always be running away from things she didn't like or didn't agree with.
Amata hesitated, and halted. Then she turned around again, and smiled a tight-lipped smile at the two elves.
"Sorry." She bit her lip, and her gaze dropped to the ground, as she fought the impulse to leave.
Her eyes met Faeringil's, and hiis unflinching gaze bored deep into her. Amata stifled a semi-strangled sob, before giving in to the impulse and fleeing.

Lalaith watched her go, now feeling concerned. She had never known that Fae had a sister. The past that Amata shared with her brother was obviously wrought with trouble. She thought of her own brother, whose body now lay dead with countless others. A sigh escaped her at the thought- such a thing weighed down on her heart and dampened the cheer of before.
"You should not quarrel with your sister," the elleth said softly to Fae, "I know all too well of the pain that strikes upon losing a sibling. Do not waste the time together. You might lose her any moment- and you may think it wouldn't bother you, but it would."

Lalaith turned away then, with no intent of inviting the half-elf along with them. She, for one, counted Amata as a friend-- the first to help her when she was confused by grief and despair. Had it not been for her, Lalaith never would have found Narmion and Glyndr.
Glyndr...
She smiled up at him, though the radiant glow from before had lessened. In the kelquinti's kiss, she had been able to forget her loss and her pain. She wanted to forget it... the sorrow was back again since she had allowed the memory in, and now it grew rapidly, threatening to overwhealm her. Taking Glyndr's hand, she held it tightly, hoping she could put the thoughts away. His pain was greater than hers, his loss more devistating-- he had been there. She had to forget...
They walked a small distance silently, then she spoke, hoping her voice didn't sound as strained as it felt.
"What in Rivendell would you like to see, now? You said that you wanted me to show you around... well, you have seen the gardens. What next?"

(yes, poor amata She needs a hug. I think I'll wake Narmion up in my next post ^_~ what about dia and rolan? anyone going to try writing for them?)
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email