Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Red Dawn (Keeper!)
on: July 13, 2005 09:56
"Wherever you decide", Glyndr had smiled when Lalaith took his hand, He felt he had seen a fleeting glimpse of sadness in her eyes.
The picnic would be good for both of them.

Glyndr sat on a low wall while he waited for Lalaith, she had gone to get ready.
He had terrorised the cellar keeper into giving him a bottle of wine, and charmed the kitchen maids into preparing a picnic.
The Kellquenti stared at a tiny daisy he held in his hand..his thoughts on the future..
Lalaith seemed so content,so friendly and at ease with everyone, while he was so uneasy and aggressive, His terrible, dark past had darkened his frozen heart and soul.
He could never change..

Lalaith had thawed the ice in his heart with her warmth and love of life, She loved her home..and her friends..Glyndr would die rather than hurt her..but he knew his jealous possessiveness may come between them..
He was possessive because he was afraid of losing her..
Possessive because he knew now he loved her..
LOVED her..
The thought scared him, He turned the daisy over in his hand ,uncertain of what to do..
He wished Narmion was awake, he needed to talk with him.

Glyndr put the thoughts aside, he stole an iced pastry from the picnic basket.
"Time alone at last," he smiled as he waited for Lalaith to return...
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 06:36
Amata paused for a moment, staring blankly at the two brothers, while desparately trying to think up a resonable excuse for thus arousing the wood.

"Wow," he said quietly. "You have some lungs there."

"What happened!?" Aiden said, bursting out of the trees on the other side of the path. He was on edge. When he saw that there was nobody around, he calmed down and raised an eyebrow at Amata. "What was that for?"

"I'll take that as a compliment, Eadoin." Her eyes flickered to Aiden. "That wasn't for anything. I was.. just.." She gestured with her hands, unable to explain herself away safely. "Y'know." She shrugged, and changed the subject deftly. "I hear you've been playing pranks on your brother... you'd better watch out for revenge." She winked conspiratorially, and fell into step with the two mischief makers for about a hundred metres down the path, before ushering them away. "Go on, you two. Think up some more tricks.. I need some time to think. Perhaps I'll think of some pranks to play on my brother.. or you could think of them for me." She managed to laugh, and turned slightly away from the path to watch them leave. "I expect you to have come up with something good by the next time I see you!" She called after them, smiling.

She wandered through the trees for a couple of minutes, a faint smile still lingering on her face. She was becoming fond of Arato's brothers... the pair of mischievious souls were so refreshing and entertaining. She soon regretted leaving them as soon as she had. Being with them had led her mind away to a safer line of thought. She had to distract herself.
Amata hesitated, then backtracked towards the path once more.
Reaching it, she caught sight of the brothers several metres further down the path. She skipped down onto the path, and sprinted to catch up with them. Slowing to a halt, she caught her breath, and grinned.
"I'm coming with you - it's been too long since I mucked around... I'll do anything. Just.. give me something interesting to do." She winked, a wicked glitter in her eye.

(( This could end up turning into some kind of mock-war... Arato and the twins against Aiden, Eadoin and Amata.. Um... I would post for Dia and Rolan.. but I don't know what! Hmm.. it should get interesting when Narmion wakes up... Haha.. poor Amata indeed. ))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 02:03
((Andy, I'm all for a prank-war. I think that we can get Rolan to join Aiden, Eadoin, and Amata, and Dia with the twins and Arato. I'll initiate the war.))

"You're welcome," Eadoin said with a grin to Amata. He liked her. She was probably the kindest of the group, and he liked being around her, because he didn't have to expect her screaming at him.

"Although I doubt that you want to be around us... Arato is seeking revenge," Aiden said. "But hey, if you want to get pranked, it's your sanity." He grinned. A few meters further down the path and around a bend, the three came across Rolan, who was napping under a tree. Aiden reached for the waterskin hanging on his belt and unstopped it. Eadoin grinned at him as his brother upended the skin and dumped the contents right into Rolan's face. The boy started awake.

"What'd ye do tha' for?" Rolan asked, sputtering as he glared at Aiden. Aiden crouched down in front of his and grinned.

"To wake you up," Aiden said, as if it was the simplest thing in the world. Rolan rolled his eyes.

"I know that," the boy grumped, shaking his head and spraying Eadoin with droplets of water. "But what do ye want with the likes o' me?"

"Another companion to help with making a pair of certain elves and our brother uncomfortable," Eadoin said. He grinned at Amata, showing that he had another idea for a prank. Rolan's attitude changed almost instantly. Disregarding his wet state, he sat up, suddenly interested.

"What do ye have in mind?"

"A handful of pranks. But first we need somewhere where we can talk without being overheard," Eadoin said. He started deeper into the trees.

-----------------------------------------

"Here they come," Elladan whispered to Aratom who sat closer to the tree trunk. Elrohir crouched on Elladan's other side, checking the trip wire from a distance. Arato eyed the buckets doubtfully.

"Are you sure it'll work?" he asked softly. "After all, it is pink..."

"Of course it will work, your brothers are both light haired. Unlike you," Elrohir said, looking at Arato. "Of course it will work, it worked on Erestor's hair when we tested it on him."

"And it did do some damage to Glorfindel's hair," Elladan added thoughtfully. "He did get us back for that, though. I hope you're expecting retribution for this prank, because that is what will come from it."

"But Amata..." Arato said, watching the half-elven woman with his brothers. His brow furrowed and looked at the twins. They were grinning.

"If she joined with them, this hits them all and then we have to run from them all as well. Simple," Elladan said. "We can hide well because we are elves, and you can as well due to the fact that you've lived in the wild most of your life. Now be quiet, here they come!"

-----------------------------------------

Aiden had taken the lead in looking for a nice place to set up as a meeting place to discuss pranks. Finally, he spotted a clearing with rocks and a few tree stumps around, that could be used as a table and chairs. Good. That would do. Silently, he fell back in step with his companions and pointed it out. Eadoin nodded and the group continued on.

Suddenly, Eadoin had the horrid feeling of a tripwire being sprung by his leg. Liquid splashed down on the four of them. Rolan was the first to speak.

"Er..." he said, staring at Aiden and Eadoin. "Yer hair's pink."

"So's yours," Eadoin said back. Aiden was studying the end of his braid over his shoulder. Sure enough, his hair had turned pink. He heard laughter from above him and looked up, into three grinning faces.

"You walked right into that one," Elladan said.

"Literally!" Arato added, springing down from the tree and making a mad dash for safety. Elladan and Elrohir joined him.

"Ye know what this means, don't ye?" Rolan asked his companions.

"Yes," Eadoin said softly. His face had turned thoughtful, showing that he was already thinking up another prank.

"THIS MEANS WAR!" Aiden shouted after his brother and the Elven twins, shaking his fist, and looking very hilarious with pink hair.

((Hey, Andy? You want to take over Rolan and do Dia if you can? It's gonna be really ackward for me to play 7 characters... But anyways, that prank I gpt from a fanfic. Except that it was purple in that. And btw, that won't be washing out for a while... ))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 15, 2005 05:11
(Narmion should probably sleep longer, but I'm ready for him to get in on the fun)

Lalaith sat in her room on the bed. She had told Glyndr she needed to prepare for their picnic, but she really just needed a few minutes alone to get over her sudden oncoming of grief. She had delt with it already, back in Rohan- why did it have to trouble her now?
Standing, she went to the window and fiddled with the roses he had given her- they now sat in a vase on the sill. They were dear to her, because he had gathered them for her and her alone. It made her smile to think of the look on his face when he had presented them... so unlike the elf she had started out from Rohan with.
"No more tears," she said softly to herself, "You've every reason to be laughing." The elleth left the room and went in search of Glyndr. On the way, she saw quite a sight further down the path. Stopping only for a moment and chuckling, (pink hair? How do they manage these things?) she shook her head then hurried on.
As before, she spotted Glyndr before he saw her. The memory of his kiss returned and she smiled again, then walked over to him. He was nibbling a frozen pastry.
"Were you too hungry to wait?" she teased.
----------

Elsewhere, in the garden, Narmion slowly drifted out of the deepest sleep he had ever known. At first he just lay there motionless, thoughts blank. The sky was blue above, the flowers and their scent were lovely, the under-side of the bench had a vine creeping along it...
The under-side of the bench?
"What?"
He sat up arubtly and immedietly regretted it- his head was pounding! What had happened? Where was everyone? He knew he couldn't have been *that* tired.. and why was he sleeping on the ground?

Standing, the elf took a few wobbly steps, then proceeded to weave down the path like one who has had too much to drink, trying not to fall over sideways or run into any trees. A few elves passed him and gave him strange looks, but none spoke. He was sure he heard a few giggles behind his back, but the elf was too worried about staying upright to care.

It was in this manner that he came upon Aiden, Eadoin, Amata and Rolan standing about with pink hair. He blinked at them for a moment, giving them an extremely confused look.
"Things get stranger and stranger..." he muttered, and decided he was probably still dreaming.

[Edited on 16/7/2005 by dreamdancer]

[Edited on 16/7/2005 by dreamdancer]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 15, 2005 11:07
Amata picked up the end of one of her plaits and inspected it, feelings the wet sensation upon her scalp. Pink dye... that's a new one. To her surprise, she wasn't angry. Her face glowed as she grinned, and joined in with Aiden's shout of war. Then she erupted into giggles as she regarded the three boys, all sporting bright pink mops of hair. Rolan was looking strangely serious, and with a shout of command, declared that they should hold an emergency meeting to discuss tactics. Striding over to the middle of the clearing, he imposed an amusing impression of an army commander. Amata found it difficult to contain her mirth as she followed him, and sat cross-legged on the ground.
A moment later the four of them glanced up to find Narmion standing bemusedly, staring at their hair. He looked slightly drunk - but that was supposedly the after-effect of the drug. Amata bit her lip, torn between trying to not laugh, and trying not to recall her earlier encounter with him. She remained silent, and said nothing.
Rolan jumped energetically to his feet and accosted the elf.
"Hey! Wanna be a recruit in our army?" Narmion still looked confused, and Amata smiled as the boy explained the situation of War.
After he'd finished, Amata spoke up, avoiding his eyes. "Arato says that he found you sleeping, and that someone had drugged you. He said that you'd feel disorientated."

(( Haven't time to get anything up for Dia. Also haven't thought of any pranks.... ))
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 03:45
((Don't worry, I have an idea for a prank... *grins*))

Aiden and Eadoin had less luck suppressing their mirth than Amata did. Sitting down, they fell into fits of giggles, looking at their pink-haired commander. After they had quieted down, they finally noticed Narmion and looked at him. As Rolan finished his explanation of the "War", Amata mentioned something about the drug. The clearing fell into silence.

"It was the same one he used on me that night," Aiden ventured. "You'll feel confused for a little longer, but it wears off pretty quickly. Although I would imagine that was the best nap you ever took in your life."

"But enough about that, we have to get them back for this..." Eadoin muttered under his breath. Aiden could practically hear the wheels turning in his brother's head, but then looked at him. An idea started forming. Eadoin looked up and they met each others gaze.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Aiden asked Eadoin.

"Depends if it involved bleach, and hair," Eadoin replied. Aiden nodded, his grin growing wider by the second.

"Indeed it does," Aiden replied. "So we dump bleach over their heads?"

"Yes. But we have to set it up so they won't suspect revenge. Meaning it'll have to be someone who hasn't gotten hit by the pink," Eadoin said. He looked at Narmion. "Narmion will do. His hair isn't pink yet."

"Okay, so if Narmion agrees to help us, we get him to lure the Twins and Arato somewhere, and upend a couple of buckets of bleach over their heads." Aiden's eyes were full of mischief

"That ought to be funny..." Eadoin's expression matched his brother's.

---------------------------------------------------

"Do you really think that they'll want revenge?" Arato asked from where he sat on Elladan's bed. They were using the older twin's room as a base of opperations. Elrohir eyed Arato.

"Why not? We did get them all with pink dye, and I'd imagine your brothers aren't pleased at all," Elrohir said.

"Of course they're not pleased!" Elladan replied from a chair near his fire. "Pink isn't exactly a manly color, after all." He fiddled with something in his hands.

"What is that?" Arato asked, fixing his gaze on the object. Elladan held it up for inspection. Arato snorted in disappointment. It was only a paintbrush. Suddenly, an idea formed in his head, and his crafty gaze fell upon the twins. The twins, aware of the gaze, stared right back, waiting for Arato to share his idea.

"Do you have paints to go with that brush?"

((Lol, I'm having a bit too much fun. *grins*))
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 05:02
Glyndr looked guilty and hurridly threw the pastry into the fountain,"Err..um..no not exactly..just curious..chocolate is my favourite".
The Elf stood and picked up the basket, " Picnic," he smiled, his eyes still fixed on her," And wine", he added with a half smile.."The best Elrond has in his cellar".
He slid his arm around her as they walked back down the path "Let's just walk " , he said.,."wherever we find ourselves eventually..I don't mind..I just wa.....," Glyndr stared. "PINK hair!..Oh gods!", He had just noticed battallion one witrh their pink hair, He smirked, trying hard not to laugh.
He steered Lalaith well away." Whoever did that did a good job..That happened to me once..not my hair dyed pink , but my horse..It was a joke by one of my fellow Captains, I upset him ,so dyeing my horse pink was his idea of revenge...Sylstar was as NOT amusesd as I was," He smiled wickedly.."I had my revenge though!"

Two hours later found them at a river ,Glyndr put the bottle of wine in the shallows to keep cool, then settled beneath a willow." Lalaith , come, sit by me..tell me what troubles you, I see sadness in your eyes".

OOC Sorry short..sneaked this one in while at work!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 05:31
Lalaith smiled at Glyndr's story. She could imagine how he had reacted to his horse being dyed pink. For the next couple of hours they continued walking and talking. Their conversation ran over all sorts of things, but never near the heavy subjects of war, loss, grief... she enjoyed his presence so much..

Two hours later found them at a river ,Glyndr put the bottle of wine in the shallows to keep cool, then settled beneath a willow." Lalaith , come, sit by me..tell me what troubles you, I see sadness in your eyes".

The elleth sighed and joined him, sitting in front of him. She fiddled with the hem of her sleeve for a long time before speaking.
"I only miss my brother and father," she finally said, looking up "I had hoped my grief was spent in Rohan, but it troubles my heart now. Either way, I am trying not to think about it." She smiled, "this is our time, and I will not let my problems darken it."

---------

"Hey! Wanna be a recruit in our army?" Narmion still looked confused, and Amata smiled as the boy explained the situation of War.
After he'd finished, Amata spoke up, avoiding his eyes. "Arato says that he found you sleeping, and that someone had drugged you. He said that you'd feel disorientated."

"It was the same one he used on me that night," Aiden ventured. "You'll feel confused for a little longer, but it wears off pretty quickly. Although I would imagine that was the best nap you ever took in your life."

Narmion was having some trouble wrapping his mind around the fact that someone had 'drugged' him without his knowing, and trying to figure out who was the culprit.

"Yes. But we have to set it up so they won't suspect revenge. Meaning it'll have to be someone who hasn't gotten hit by the pink," Eadoin said. He looked at Narmion. "Narmion will do. His hair isn't pink yet."

"Okay, so if Narmion agrees to help us, we get him to lure the Twins and Arato somewhere, and upend a couple of buckets of bleach over their heads." Aiden's eyes were full of mischief

"That ought to be funny..." Eadoin's expression matched his brother's

He squinted at them for a moment longer, the headache slowly wearing off. He wasn't sure if he wanted to get caught up in something like this... but then, obviously none of these 'prankers' had drugged him, so the blame had to be on the others. Plus, Amata was sitting there with pink hair as well, looking quite gleeful. That made him smile.
"Tell me where to lead them," Narmion said with a half-grin, "and I can do that. I need to question your brother anyway. Then I need to find that blasted horse."
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 07:40
"Think we should get the horse?" Aiden asked, looking at Eadoin. They ignored Glyndr's outburst about their pink hair. After a moment's thought, Eadoin nodded readily.

"The horse hasn't been that fair to you, Narmion. Consider it revenge," Eadoin informed the elf who had joined their ranks. "Besides, I think it would be funny if there was a horse wandering around Imladris with white spots."

"Yes, that would be funny," Aiden readily agreed. He paused to think for a moment. "You know, I think the place where we got Arato with the flour paste would be a good spot. He wouldn't expect us to prank him in the same spot."

"And Narmion has a reason to talk to the other 'army', considering that one of them may have drugged you. It could be Arato, because he accused us right off the bat. True, I did go digging in his pack, but all I was looking for was his flute and bypassed the drugged cloth," Eadoin said. He looked at Narmion with a grin. "Lead them out past the gardens towards that rise in the distance. There's a small clearing, and there should be a little remaining flour on the ground. You'll know it when you see it."

"Now, let's go get some bleach from the House!" Aiden said, jumping to his feet and starting down the path towards the House. Eadoin shrugged and followed him. They were well aware of the looks at their pink hair, but they ignored them as the went to find a few buckets and pester the staff for bleach. Aiden grinned: they'd be getting good at that if they kept this up.

((Shortish, but I go on shift in a while, and I have to get there, too. Gotta run! :wave: ))
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 09:42
The Kellquenti looked deep into her eyes as he waited for her to speak. He could see the many emotions reflected in her eyes..he wanted so much to help her.
"Lalaith, I understand the grief, anger and pain of loss" He took her hands in his, "You are braver than I, you have conquered that pain once, and shall again..I cannot".
He squeezed her hands, " you are right, this is our time..but promise me, that if ever you want to talk..come to me".

Glyndr fished the wine bottle from the river and expertly removed the cork with his slender, silver dagger.
He took two crystal goblets from the basket and poured the sparkling ,pale pink wine.
"Let us drink, courtesy of Lord Elrond", he grinned as he gave her a goblet and took the other.." Pink", the Elf looked at the pale pink wine,He almost choked on his first sip, " What I would have given to have seen their faces when they discovered their pink hair..serves them right..To the future".
He touched his goblet to Lalaith's.

Glyndr unpacked the basket, there was fruit, chocolate pastries, nut bread and strawberries. "Ah, the little wenches have done us proud", Glyndr grinned as he arched an eyebrow, "I have obviously not lost my charm".

He placed the bowl of strawberries on the ground. "Strawberries..almost as good as chocolate" Glyndr threw a red berry into the air and caught it in his mouth.
"Try one", he fed her a strawberry, then another..this time his hand stayed, he stroked her face gently.
She looked even more beautiful in the sunlight..her cornsilk hair shining in the sun..her eyes....

Glyndr felt his heartbeat quicken, he felt the now familiar deep feelings for her grow stronger.
The Elf took her goblet, He placed it on the ground next to his.
"Forgive me Lalaith", he whispered as he pulled her gently to him in a passionate , deep kiss.
He ran one hand through her cornsilk hair as he took her hand in the other.
"For you", he said softly, close to her ear,

Glyndr placed a tiny gold ring in the palm of her hand, a dark sapphire shone from it.. It was the ring he wore on his little finger.
" To remember me by" , he closed her fingers over the ring, "It will protect you"..

Glyndr sat back, he held out her wine goblet to her..
"Lalaith, let us enjoy the time we have together.. Lalaith...I ..I", Glyndr took a gulp of wine, "Lalaith..I love you".

Glyndr froze.
He had told her his heart.
Would she break it now...or help to heal it?
"Lalaith, forgive me"..

[Edited on 16/7/2005 by elflyn]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 05:03
(ooc: elflyn, you succeeded in making me sit here and saw 'aaaaaawwww!!!!'.. :love: .... which is rare for me and I'm going to do a little writing for Dia)

Lalaith gave in willingly to Glyndr's kiss, allowing herself to be swept away by his affection.

"For you", he said softly, close to her ear,

Glyndr placed a tiny gold ring in the palm of her hand, a dark sapphire shone from it.. It was the ring he wore on his little finger.
" To remember me by" , he closed her fingers over the ring, "It will protect you"..

She studied the ring with a smile, unable to say anything. It was beautiful- and all the more so because he had given it to her. Slipping it on her finger, she raised her eyes to meet his.

Glyndr sat back, he held out her wine goblet to her..
"Lalaith, let us enjoy the time we have together.. Lalaith...I ..I", Glyndr took a gulp of wine, "Lalaith..I love you".

Glyndr froze.
He had told her his heart.
Would she break it now...or help to heal it?
"Lalaith, forgive me"..

The elleth felt her heart jump into her throat. He had said it- he loved her! The cold, shielded warrior was gone completely- she sat next to an elf who looked shocked to have uttered such words, but vulnerable as well. Smiling, she moved closer, watching his face.
"There is nothing to forgive, Glyndr." she leaned into his arms, resting her back against his strong chest, and her head just under his chin. She felt safe there, and could have remained in the position forever. "My love for you has bloomed like a flower in spring- it has grown and filled all my heart with the joy of a new season." She leaned a little and looked up at him. She felt almost breathless as she spoke these words- thing she had never imagined herself saying, and yet they came without thinking at all.
"This feels like it should be," she said. The music of the river's rushing water seemed to grow silent as she gazed at him, and the birds singing seemed to fade. The taste of his kiss was still fresh on her lips, the ring in its place felt as if it had always been there and its cool touch brought her comfort. Yes-- this was exactly where she wanted to be. Smiling a little shyly and blushing slightly, she took his hand in hers and traced his palm with her finger.
"You have given me a gift," she said softly, "and I would that you let give you one in return. Singing is my art... I shall sing a song for you, and you alone."
-----

"Alright, I'll get them there." Narmion agreed, and he shot a last grin in Amata's direction, laughing a little, and strode off to locate Arato. Before he did, however, he found Diablo. The black horse was munching on some plants that were probably not meant to be eaten.
"Horse," Narmion started, and a chuckle sounded in his head.
:Wake up, at last?:
He was silence for a moment. "....You did it?"
:Who else? I was hoping you'd sleep through the night-- but I suppose drugs have weakers effects on elves:
Narmion narrowed his eyes.
"Where is Arato?"
:He ran by with the elf-twins, inside. Don't tell me you're joining in on their foolishness.: Dia snorted.
"No... I need to ask him something."

The elf left the horse to his massacre of the plants and continued the search.

(ooc: forgive me if I sounded like a total corn-ball )
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 04:56
(( Great posts, everyone!! Mine's going to be kinda short.. I think..))

Amata nodded in agreement with the plan - it sounded like the perfect revenge for their pinkness. She scrambled to her feet, and felt her heart skip a beat when Narmion's grin was directed at her. Her lips parted in a smile, however, and she ignored the flush of heat which seemed to be radiating from her cheeks.

She skipped off after the three boys, feeling blissfully childish.

As the battalion speeded mirthfully towards the House, Faeringil caught sight of four bobbing pink .. things.. coming towards him. After a moment he identified them as people with pink hair. How odd. He frowned as they came closer, until to his shock and amazement he noticed his sister among them, looking peculiar with the whole of the top of her head coloured vivid pink, with streaks of it running down her plaits, leaving the tips still dirty blond.
She was accompanied by three boys, all unfamiliar to him, although he guessed them to be three other travelling companions of his sister's.

She skidded to a halt in front of Faeringil, and burst out laughing once more, seeing his expression.
"I don't suppose you've got any bleach on you?" She said, struggling to keep a straight face. He shook his head, speechless, and she shrugged. "Never mind." Turning to see her fellow mischief-makers already heading into the House, she jogged after them, plaits swinging, leaving Faeringil to stare after them in confusion.

Having obtained the buckets, and after some expert pestering, the bleach, the four of them headed back to where the brothers had tricked Arato earlier on. Working together, they set up the trap.
(( I'll devote some time into thinking up pranks.. I'll ask my buddies too ))

[Edited on 17/7/2005 by anduril269]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2005 08:06
OOC Andy don't worrry..at least you posted..lol..I get like that too sometimes!

Glyndr had never felt such happiness in his life, never had he loved anyone so much to trust them with his heart and soul, He felt that if he were killed tomorrow in battle that he would take that love with him to the Halls of Mandos..to stay with him forever.

He held her close , as she lay against his chest, her head nestled against his shoulder, He almost felt what knowing peace would feel.
The hurt and darkness had gone too deep, Glyndr knew he may never find true peace, but for now he held to the glimmer that he felt with Lalaith.

Glyndr listened as Lalaith sang her song, Her clear, soft voice wound a magic around them, the haunting melody drove deep into that dark soul of his,making the world around them seem so alive, The sun seemed brighter, the sky a deeper blue, sun diamonds sparked on the river, He would remember this moment forever.
"Lalaith", he said quietly as her song faded to a whisper, "Thank you, you have given me a gift so precious, that I shall treasure for eternity", He pulled her closer, His cheek resting on the top of her head, "Lalaith", he whispered, "Stay with me a while longer, I do not want to go back just yet, I never want to leave you,I do not want this time we have together to end".

If Lalaith had turned to look up at the cold Elf she would have seen a single crystal tear fall in a silver river from pale ice blue eyes..

Glyndr knew that his future was uncertain, that at any time he may be called to battle..the war seemed not to be over yet, What he did know was that he wanted Lalaith to be a part of his future..
He knew they must go back soon, but for now he did not care.

[Edited on 17/7/2005 by elflyn]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 05:19
(ooc: I know the feeling... as a matter of fact, I'm quite lost on what to post. 0_o but I shall write something!)

"Lalaith", he said quietly as her song faded to a whisper, "Thank you, you have given me a gift so precious, that I shall treasure for eternity", He pulled her closer, His cheek resting on the top of her head, "Lalaith", he whispered, "Stay with me a while longer, I do not want to go back just yet, I never want to leave you,I do not want this time we have together to end".

Lalaith said nothing in reply, but made no move to get up and leave. She didn't want the moment to end either; she was almost afraid that it was naught but a wonderful dream, and that daring to leave it would keep its memory locked away forever. She was sure that she loved him, knowing more deeply than she had known any other truth. How could it be, when they had only known eachother a short while? Of course it could be- it had been so with Luthien, and with others throughout elven history. Love could strike in the strangest moment, as an arrow speeding or as gently falling snow. And it had struck true in this case.

While Glyndr thought about his future, Lalaith did the same. She knew he was a soldier- she had sworn not to love a soldier, because of the uncertainty that would come with such a love. Her brother and father had been lost to battle, and for the first time she thought about the possibility that Glyndr could be called to arms. It was nearly certain... an attack could come on Rivendell at any time, since the city was now vulnerable with so many lost. She sighed and closed her eyes, forcing such dark thoughts from her mind. Leaning again into his embrace, she felt his strength and warmth behind her.
Suddenly she reached out (without sitting up) and took another strawberry, popping it into her mouth.
"We cannot return yet," she said with a half-smile after swallowing the fruit, "we havn't finished our picnic."
---------

Narmion wandered inside and went aimlessly around until he passed an open door, where Arato and the twins sat inside. Poking his head in, the dark-haired ellon cleared his throat to get their attention.
"Arato, I would that you come so I can speak with you, on the matter of my..well, my 'nap'" he said, then nodded at the twins, "you two are welcome to come along. I assume you're responsible for the pink hair of the others? I won't ask how you managed that-- I don't think I could wrap my tired mind around it."
He left and waited for them to follow.

(ooc: bleh.... I promise I'll do better next post )
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2005 02:04
"No, we havn't", Glyndr agreed, "And strawberries are too good to waste"
He poured the last of the wine into the goblets, and placed a strawberry in each.

"The time we have together we must not waste either".Glyndr was aware that all too soon they must return.
He sighed as he sipped at the cool wine, His eyes on the horizon.
He had seen a glint of sunlight on metal.
The Elf took little notice at first, but his Captain's instincts told him, beware.

"It is just some Rivendell Elves returning from some sort of errand ", he told himself as he leant to kiss the back of Lalaith's neck.
"Lalaith", He smiled his infamous half smile, " I do not care if we are missed, when we have finished the picnic, what would you like to do for the rest of the day ?"

Glyndr hoped that it was only Rivendell Elves on the horizon.
He hoped Lalaith had not noticed them too.

Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2005 04:12
"It was merely a few buckets of pink hair dye..." Elrohir began.

"That we dumped over their heads," finished Elladan. He grinned and got up to follow Narmion, turning back to look at Arato. "His nap?"

"I had no part in that," Arato said quickly, rising and brushing past Elladan to follow Narmion. "It may have been my drug, but I did not drug him."

"Drug him? Your drug?" Elrohir asked, catching up to the human and looking at him curiously.

"I usually carry something around with me that will put someone to sleep quickly if I wish to keep them out. I used it on my brother Aiden after Eadoin was captured by your scouts to keep him from being reckless and going after them. Afterwards, someone got into my pack and took the cloth with the drug on it, drugging poor Narmion to sleep."

"It was probably the best sleep he ever had, though," Elladan said from Arato's other side.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Is everyone ready?" Eadoin asked, attempting once more to brush his pink hair from his eyes. He gave up and sighed, shifting in the tree with his bucket of bleach. Aiden nodded from the tree across from him, holding another bucket.

"I can hear them," Aiden said a few moments later. "They're coming."

"Well, then, let's get ready!"

"But we have to wait for Narmion to pass before dropping this on their heads. He'll kill us if we get him by mistake," Aiden reminded Eadoin. Eadoin nodded, knowing it to be true. It wouldn't be fair to prank someone on their side.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 23, 2005 05:36
"Lalaith", He smiled his infamous half smile, " I do not care if we are missed, when we have finished the picnic, what would you like to do for the rest of the day ?"

"Whatever you want," she replied with a quiet smile; a delightful chill had run through her at the touch of his lips. "I have nowhere to be and no duties to see to."
Just as she sipped at the wine again, she did catch sight of what Glyndr had seen. Fear tugged at her heart for a moment, but it vanished. If enemies had gotten into Rivendell, the warning-horns would have been sounded. Lalaith didn't want to get up and leave, but not knowing what was happening troubled her.
"Lets go see what causes the glint, first," she spoke, turning, "I'm curious by nature; after that, though, you decide what we do."
She said the last bit with a teasing grin before getting to her feet. Glyndr got up as well, though his expression seemed dark, and followed as the elleth headed for the spot they had seen.

After a few minutes of walking by the river, they came upon the cause of the glinting light. Several armed elves stood there, and two of them spoke quietly with eachother.
"What's going on?" Lalaith asked. One of the unoccupied elves came over. His name was Gretben, and he knew Lalaith.
"Rumour of orcs in the valley. Just a routine scout- we're deciding where to head first, if we should split up, who will be the runner if one is needed..."
He glanced at Glyndr a little uneasily.
"Is Rivendell in danger, then?" Lalaith asked.
"Oh, you shouldn't worry about it lady. Like I said, we're not sure they're even out there, and if they are, they're a good distance from Rivendell." Gretben saw that the elleth still held the goblet of wine. "Pray, go back to what you were doing and don't let this trouble you."

-----------------
"It was probably the best sleep he ever had, though," Elladan said from Arato's other side.

"It was," Narmion sighed as they walked, "It was the waking that left me upset. I was under a bench in the garden!"

They walked on, talking about this and that, until the 'place of attack' came into view in the distance. It was then that Narmion decided to betray the others- after all, they outnumbered Arato and the twins by one, so it was only fair. And he was starting to 'get into' this silly 'war'.
"I'm a traitor," he sighed dramatically, "Arato, Elrohir, Elladan... I must confess. I'm leading you into a trap."
He gestured down the path
"I believe retaliation is a must in this case?"

(ooc: Narmion's a traitor! aaaaah!..hope this is alright)

[Edited on 23/7/2005 by dreamdancer]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2005 12:55
Lalaith's curiosity got the better of her and Glyndr followed her towards the glint , He was uneasy, she had said the warnings would have been sounded, But what if she was wrong? He trusted to nothing and no one.
Except Lalaith and Narmion,to whom he gave a little of his trust .
The appearance of the armed Elves lessened the concern, at least it was not the enemy.
Glyndr stood back and listened as Lalaith spoke with one of the Elves.
The Ellon seemed a little uneasy in Glyndr's cold stare, "And so you should be" Glyndr thought.

"Lalaith let us continue our walk", Glyndr took her arm, and with a last glare at the Ellon,he placed her empty goblet in the surprised Ellon's hand,before he guided her swiftly away.

After a few minutes they came to a pathway that ran beside the wall of a large apple orchard.
Glyndr stopped and looked up at the deep red apples shining in the sunlight. " Fancy an apple or two?" he arched an eyebrow at Lalaith, a wicked glint in his eyes.
Without waiting for her answer , he leapt agilely onto the wall, then leant down to pull Lalaith up with him on the wall.
The Elf leapt down the other side into the orchard, He lifted Lalaith down , then scrambled up the nearest tree.
"Catch", he threw four apples down to her , then turned sharply as he went for the fifth, " Er... I think we had better run".
Glyndr had seen the owner approaching and he did not look happy.
The Captain leapt down out of the tree, then grabbing Lalaith's hand he ran with her , leaping fallen branches and a ditch before pulling her down with him to hide in the tall ferns and grasses.

"That was close", he grinned as he lay on his back breathing deeply, " We've lost him I think", Glyndr laughed almost a giggle,, He sat up, and took a bite of a stolen apple.
He fed Lalaith a bite, then lay back in the grasses, "Lalaith", he said quietly, "You asked me what I wanted to do today",
He took a deep breath.before he pulled her down to a passionate,yet gentle kiss".
"Lalaith, I never want to leave you, I want to be by your side for eternity".
Glyndr paused as he stared up into the deep blue sky above them," Lalaith, Could you ever find it in your heart, to always be with me at my side?,
That you would share my life with me? ...Forever?"
The Captain turned his gaze from the sky to Lalaith, so many questions hidden behind his ice blue eyes.

[Edited on 24/7/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 24/7/2005 by elflyn]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 24, 2005 12:37
Lalaith was laughing when they stopped to hide from the orchard owner- she felt like a child again, and she was enjoying every moment of it.

"That was close", he grinned as he lay on his back breathing deeply, " We've lost him I think", Glyndr laughed almost a giggle,, He sat up, and took a bite of a stolen apple.
He fed Lalaith a bite, then lay back in the grasses, "Lalaith", he said quietly, "You asked me what I wanted to do today",
He took a deep breath.before he pulled her down to a passionate,yet gentle kiss".
"Lalaith, I never want to leave you, I want to be by your side for eternity".
Glyndr paused as he stared up into the deep blue sky above them," Lalaith, Could you ever find it in your heart, to always be with me at my side?,
That you would share my life with me? ...Forever?"
The Captain turned his gaze from the sky to Lalaith, so many questions hidden behind his ice blue eyes.

The elleth fell silent at this. Her heart was racing, beating with unbelievable emotions. She sighed and lay beside him on the ground, resting her head on his chest, unable to answer immedietly.
His words made her feel lightheaded.
At his side, forever?
A daunting prospect- she had always thought that one should spend many years getting to know the person one wants to be with forever, that it was not a decision that could be made hastily.
He was a soldier, a warrior—not the book-reading musician she had always seen herself with. Of course, he was surprisingly romantic—their adventures throughout the day had proved that much. There truly was a different side to Glyndr that she never would have guessed was there upon their meeting. He was also somewhat possessive- his annoyance when anyone else came around was obvious, even though he might have tried to hide it. Either way, what he asked was more difficult to fathom than leaving her home with him. How would she answer? It couldn’t be based on sudden impulses or a few loving kisses- it was not something that could be done without thinking.
As far as that went, Lalaith thought for about two minutes. Sighing again after the time had passed, she sat up and leaned over him, pressing her lips against his in the same way he had just done with her –softly, passionately. Her hand was on his chest and she could feel his heart beating beneath her fingertips. It was exhilarating—being with him was like a dream. Ending the kiss with a smile, the elleth sat up, her hair tumbling unceremoniously over her shoulders.
There was no need for her to speak an answer- her expression said it all- but she said it anyway.

“That sounds wonderful to me.”

(dust free post! wee! and no posting for Narmion )
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2005 08:08
Glyndr waited for what seemed an eternity, but was only in reality, two minutes.
He had told her that in all but the words that he wanted her as his wife, Never in his life had he loved anyone so much or with such passion.
Glyndr knew that he would love her forever.

"Lalaith", he whispered as he heard the words he desperately wanted to hear, she had said it sounded wonderful. He could hardly believe that she had spoken them.
"My beautiful Lalaith", he pulled her to him in a passionate embrace, then lay back.
He stroked her face softly as he entwined his fingers in her hair , Anxious ice blue eyes looked up at her , "Lalaith I could not live without you, you are my life, You have given me an answer", He paused, the ice blue becoming more anxious, " Lalaith, I am a warrior, a captain, and may be called to battle at any time, my soul is cursed, full of dark demons and a hurt that has gone too deep to really heal".
Glyndr took her face gently in his hands, " My love, are you truly certain in your heart that you want to stay with me forever...to be my wife?"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 07:02
"Lalaith I could not live without you, you are my life, You have given me an answer", He paused, the ice blue becoming more anxious, " Lalaith, I am a warrior, a captain, and may be called to battle at any time, my soul is cursed, full of dark demons and a hurt that has gone too deep to really heal".
Glyndr took her face gently in his hands, " My love, are you truly certain in your heart that you want to stay with me forever...to be my wife?"

She smiled down at him. He seemed so vulnerable- he had opened the deepest part of his heart to her. Her exhiliration didn't fade-- his touch, his voice, everything about him was amazing in that moment. Lalaith giggled again, despite herself and the solemness of Glyndr's words.
"Glyndr, I am sure that I want to be at your side," she said softly, unable to stop smiling, "whether you are a soldier, a prince or a stable-hand. I know the risks- but I've already given my heart to you. Why deny myself this love out of fear?"

The elleth took his hand and held it against her cheek, eyes closed. Then slowly she opened them. The smile was still there.
"Yes, Glyndr. I want to be yours forever- I want to help heal your old hurts, no matter how deep they've gone. I want to help you fight your demons and conqure them- I want to give you the comfort of knowing you're not alone in this world."
She let go of his hand and brushed back some of his dark hair.
"And of course, I want you to be my husband."

(ooc: long winded, arent they? love it, though... very romantic)
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2005 12:46
((And to divert this thread from going totally corny/syrupy, I shall now post my prank. Because I'm bored and I'm tired of waiting.))

“That elf is in for it now…” Eadoin growled under his breath, seeing that Narmion had turned on them. Aiden snorted.

“This is what we prepared for,” Aiden whispered back. He gestured to Rolan and Amata in a tree directly above the four on the ground. “And it’s a good thing, too!”

“I agree. Narmion should learn not to cross us.”

“Yes, brother, he should learn that. It’s time that we taught him a lesson…” With a very evil grin, Aiden motioned for Rolan and Amata to upend their buckets over the four unsuspecting souls on the path below.

---------------------------------------------

“You’re leading us into a trap?” Elrohir asked Narmion.

“What kind of trap?” Arato asked.

“Wait… do either of you hear liquid…” Elladan said, just before a bucketful of bleach splashed over his head. He looked at the others and addressed Arato. “You look good as a blonde.”

“Shut up, Elladan,” Arato growled at the twin. He looked at his hair. Then he looked up to see his brothers grinning a few feet off, just before they tossed their buckets at Narmion and took off down the path, laughing madly. “We’ll get you back for this, you little orcs!”

“We’ll be waiting for you!” Aiden called over his shoulder.

“And then we’ll get our revenge on you!” Eadoin added as the two disappeared from sight.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 01, 2005 01:54
Amata and Rolan managed to return to the ground without being caught by any of the opposition, and sped off after the two laughing brothers, both grinning themselves. Finally the four skidded to a halt in another clearing, and stopped to regain their breath. Amata's face was wreathed in smiles, and she felt like she would never be able to stop. "That felt so good.. how dare Narmion betray us?! I'm glad you managed to get him bleached too, Aiden and Eadoin."

(( short.. but I can't think. ))
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 03:47
Never in the whole of his dark life had Glyndr felt such happiness, He smiled up at Lalaith, ice blue eyes sparkling ice diamonds.
He believed he could really find the peace he craved with this beautiful Elleth.
Her words stayed deep in his heart.

She said that she would accept him for what he was, a dark tempered Elven warrior, with a darker past.
She said she would be his wife.

The Captain pulled her to him in another passionate kiss, his face buried in her soft golden hair, he wanted to keep this moment forever.

After a while, he leant back a little, and stroked her face gently with his fingertips.
He smiled his half smile, " I suppose we must go to let Narmion hear of our news first, before we tell the others".
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 09:21
After a while, he leant back a little, and stroked her face gently with his fingertips.
He smiled his half smile, " I suppose we must go to let Narmion hear of our news first, before we tell the others".

"I agree," Lalaith replied, sighing in contentment. She didn't want the moment to end- but they would have forever together now, wouldnt they? Sighing, she stood and helped him to his feet. The smile still wouldn't leave her flushed face.
"Maybe he's woken up by now-- do you think he'll be surprised?"
-------------

Narmion had not expected to be 'bleached' and when the torrent came, he had given a strange yelp and nearly fallen over. Now he stood seething, dripping, glaring at the ruined hair of the others and afraid to know what he looked like himself. The color was quite muddled in his shirt, at least.
"Well... thats what I get," he grumbled, and reached behind his head, grabbing his pony-tail (what else can you call it? ) and pulling it around enough to see that the sleek black color he'd had all his life was destroyed. Narrowing his eyes at his 'companions', he spoke.
"What about our revenge?"

(I have no immediate ideas for pranks, but I shall think of something. Somehow I invision the 'enemy force' getting locked in a closet or something....)
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 01:12
"Revenge?" Arato asked, staring at his streaked hair. "I'm completely out of ideas. Do either of you have any?"

"Well, I suppose there's always Valpon hunting..." Elrohir began.

"But of course I would imagine your brothers to be much too intelligent to fall for that trick..." Elladan said, brushing his now-blonde hair from his eyes.

"Valpon hunting?" Arato stared at the twins in confusion. "What is that?"

"It's where we call a truce with the other party, take them out hunting, tell them a story about mythical creatures called Valpons..." Elrohir said.

"And leave them all tied to a tree as bait. We, of course, come back for them in the morning..." Elladan added.

"And run like crazy to get away from them once we set them free." Elrohir grinned. "Of course, it rarely works."

"The running like crazy?" Arato asked.

"No, the convicing them of the truce."

"In other words, you're fresh out of ideas as well."

"Unfortunately..." Elladan began.

"Yes." Elrohir sighed. "We need another party to join us. What about that horse?"

"Diablo?" Arato asked. "Sure, if you can find him, that is."

"Any ideas, Narmion? After all, it was you who got hit with the brunt of the bleach..." Elladan said.

--------------------------------------------

"I'm just glad we managed to get away," Aiden said, laughing. "Although I am glad that we sloshed our buckets over him as well. I dare say he deserved it."

"I agree with that," Eadoin said. "Now, we have to be on our guards, because I'm sure that Narmion will want his revenge. He is the one that is now blonde."

"True. We should think up another prank to pull, just in case. Any ideas?"

"Not I," Eadoin said, looking to Amata and Rolan for ideas.

((RD better not die... *grumble*))
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 02:23
"Yes Narmion will be very surprised" Glyndr smiled as he walked back slowly with Lalaith,his arm around her waist.
"I expect he is awake by now".

Glyndr slowed as they reached the bench where they had last left Narmion.
He was not there , so they went in search of him.
Turning a corner, he saw an Elf talking with an unusual looking Arato and the twins. his back towards them.
Glyndr did not want to ask.

"Lalaith I wonder who that blond Elf is, I am sure I've seen him before, Very strange , I don't remember any blond Ellons".

Glyndr's curiousity got the better of him, He crept up behind the Ellon and pushed his shoulder, " You", he said gruffly, " Who are you? I am......." Glyndr's blue eyes flashed in shocked surprise as he finally recognised Narmion.
"What in the Valar's name have you done? You stupid Elf!"
He glared at the others, "Did you lot have anything to do with this ?"

[Edited on 10/8/2005 by elflyn]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 03:20
"Now why would you think that he got bleached by us, who carry the same signs as he does?" Elrohir asked, eyeing his streaked hair in resignation. He had to admit, this was one of the better pranks that had been pulled on him.

Arato coughed. "My brothers decided to get revenge on me for drugging Aiden that night that Eadoin got captured. That led to a prank war. This is the most recent prank."

"And we would highly advise you to steer clear from the gardens for a time, if you don't wish to end up like this or with pink hair," Elladan added. "But of course, if you'd rather stay where you are, we'll try to stay clear of you, but we cannot make any promises."

"Not with my brothers running around," Arato tacked on. the twins nodded. "Or Rolan, for that matter. It makes me wish that my brothers hadn't talked the lad into joining them. They're a very bad influence on him."

"That's for certain," Elladan said.

"Now, if you'll excuse us, we have revenge to plan, and I do believe that I thought of something," Elrohir said with a crafty grin. He led the group back to the House to plot.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 04:46
Lalaith had to stifle laughter at seeing the twins, Arato and Narmion in such a state, and she had to calm herself even more with Glyndr's outburst.

"What in the Valar's name have you done? You stupid Elf!"

Narmion was still too flummoxed about the condition of his hair to reply before his new 'companions' had, and he shrugged half-heartedly.
"I let myself fall into it. My fault completely... if you'll excuse me, I have revenge to be a part of." He grinned, gesturing after the others, "Plotting to do!"

Lalaith glanced at Glyndr, unsure if he wanted to share their news at this moment. He looked completely perplexed to be seeing his young friend caught up in such mischief.
"Narmion, wait!" she blurted out, then blushed, "Glyndr wants to tell you something."

Narmion halted and, fingering his ruined hair, waited with raised eyebrows (one of which had also been discoloured)

(ooc... eh.. no idea what to post)
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2005 02:27
Glyndr stared at Narmion, He could still not believe what he saw and heard, Narmion joining in with playing pranks???
This was not the brash young Elf warrior he had first met on the field of battle, all that time ago.
In a way he was glad, Narmion needed to laugh again, to , if only for a moment,live life without the dark memories.
"Narmion, I...I...er..that is we..have something to tell you", He glanced nervously at Lalaith.

Glyndr suddenly found the courage that had failed him as he began to tell Narmion of the love bond between him and Lalaith.

"Narmion", he began, "Lalaith and..I ..well ,we", he faltered again and looked to Lalaith for support.

He took a deep breath, and looked directly into Narmion's eyes, "Narmion, Lalaith and I are in love, We are giong to be married".......
The Captain looked at Narmion with anxious iceblue eyes, He needed to know what hs friend thought.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2005 09:14
"I'm just glad we managed to get away," Aiden said, laughing. "Although I am glad that we sloshed our buckets over him as well. I dare say he deserved it."

"I agree with that," Eadoin said. "Now, we have to be on our guards, because I'm sure that Narmion will want his revenge. He is the one that is now blonde."

"True. We should think up another prank to pull, just in case. Any ideas?"

"Not I," Eadoin said, looking to Amata and Rolan for ideas.

Rolan looked thoughtful. "I could always bribe the kitchen t' put somethin' unappealin' into the others' grub," he muttered. "The cooks are as apt t' do it as not... But you'd better be the one t' ask, Eadoin. One of the cooks saw you earlier and..." he trailed off, a mischevious gleam in his eye.

"Unless ye don mind me takin' an Elf girl's heart, that is. I may not be as," he cleared his throat and adopted a high pitched, breathy voice, " 'utterly handsome and romantic!', but I figure I've got enough charm anyhow."

Rolan winked at Eodain. "Her name's Arianna."

"Yes." Elrohir sighed. "We need another party to join us. What about that horse?"

"Diablo?" Arato asked. "Sure, if you can find him, that is."

"Any ideas, Narmion? After all, it was you who got hit with the brunt of the bleach..." Elladan said.

id someone need me?:

A black head popped into view.

:I thought I heard my name, pranksters.:

OOc// many options...
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2005 10:55
Both brothers stared in shock at Rolan. Eadoin's mouth hung open, but Aiden had managed to snap his shut. He doubled over laughing, eventually falling to the forest floor.

"B-b-b-bu-but how can she... I mean, really, my hair is pink... and... I'm mortal... I can't possibly see how she told you all this!" Eadoin sputtered out at length, sinking to the ground and hiding the flush that had crept up his neck and to his ears.

"Well, I think you should act on it! It's about time you got yourself a girlfriend,," Aiden said, finally sitting up. There was a crafty glint in his eyes. "Besides, we can prank them before they prank us..."

"I'm taking advice on women, elven women at that, from someone who has never been able to keep a girlfriend for more than a week," Eadoin grumbled back.

"That's competely besides the point," Aiden replied, not fazed in the bit by the comment.

"But we should wait until we have a good reason to prank them!"

"That means you should go find this kitchen maid and start buttering her up to help us..." Aiden grinned at his brother. "Unless, of course, you want to be bested by a lad..."

"I hate it when you do that," Eadoin grumbled, getting to his feet and brushing himself off. "I'll not be bested by someone 4 years my junior..." he paused and looked at his braid. "But my hair is still pink."

----------------------------------

"It's about time you showed up," Arato grumbled, raising an eyebrow at the horse. "Are you interested in joining us? We're out of pranks."

"Not so," Elrohir replied slyly. "And you have very good timing today, Master horse."

"What do you have planned?" Elladan asked, eyeing his twin. Arato looked over at the elf.

"We could always glue your younger brothers together," Elrohir said. Arato shook his head.

"They'd enjoy that one too much. It's scary how well they can coordinate their movements when bound together. I've tried that before, and it ended up backfiring on me," Arato sighed.

"How about Aiden and the lad?" Elladan suggested. Arato nodded slowly, a grin forming on his face.

"That would drive them both crazy. And thus bring the rest of the group to the brink of insanity with their constant bickering..." Arato's grin stretched from ear to ear. "I say we have ourselves an idea. Now any ideas on how to execute it?"

((Sal, you're great. We can possibly weave another lovestory into this and make it more happy! Arato's probably going to be like "how did that happen?" when he finds out... ))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2005 08:26
"I hate it when you do that," Eadoin grumbled, getting to his feet and brushing himself off. "I'll not be bested by someone 4 years my junior..." he paused and looked at his braid. "But my hair is still pink."

"If I'm remember rightly," Rolan said to the air, "that didn' really matter much." He ran a hand through his messy sandy-blonde hair. "In fact..."

Judging by the look Eodain was throwing him, he judged it would be prudent to be quiet.

"Nevermind," he said quickly.

"That would drive them both crazy. And thus bring the rest of the group to the brink of insanity with their constant bickering..." Arato's grin stretched from ear to ear. "I say we have ourselves an idea. Now any ideas on how to execute it?"

:Only the most basic of ideas,: Diablo replied. :Of course, basic often works much better than subtlety and intricate plans. Less can go wrong. If horses could smirk, this one did.

:And they'll be looking for something subtle, not upfront. I'm sure I can think of at least one inhabitant of Imladris who operates very un-subtlely and could easily contact the two without raising any suspicions.: The stallion snorted and shoved Elrohir in the stomach.

:I'm surprised you didn't think of him already, Elrohir,: he admonished playfully. :Who better to teach a lesson than your old instructor?:

Elladan smirked at Elrohir. "Nice of you to forget that, isn't it?" he taunted. "I got stuck with Glorfindel while you got Erestor and you still can't admit the Elf is brilliant?"

He gave Diablo a friendly pat on the shoulder. "I think you've got something going, horse."

:Hmph. It's about time Elves figured out that horses are at least their equals and more often their superiors,: the stallion said.

The Twins laughed together. "Well enough spoken," Elrohir conceeded. "So, what's the plan of action?"

"Isn't it obvious yet?" Elladan asked his brother before Diablo could reply the same way (though probably making the words less flattering). "We get Erestor to take the two scoundrels on a nature walk or something and then they end up with us and we can take our own sweet time figuring out how to get them stuck together so they stay stuck."

recisely.:

"So," Elrohir asked slyly. "What are we waiting for? Let's go ask!"

OOc// Couldn't resist another 'free' character. the Twins are so fun... Erestor could be interesting as well. Right???

Moderator's note;
We wish to bring it to everyone's attention that we have now posted the new Guidelines to the Tolkien Related Forum. they can be found here .
I'm editing this comment into a post in each active thread just so that everyone will be aware of the new guidleines and get a chance to read them . {Like you, we are limited to seven posts per day, and this is the only way to reach every thread }

[Edited on 19/8/2005 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 12:53
Narmion, I...I...er..that is we..have something to tell you", He glanced nervously at Lalaith.

Glyndr suddenly found the courage that had failed him as he began to tell Narmion of the love bond between him and Lalaith.

"Narmion", he began, "Lalaith and..I ..well ,we", he faltered again and looked to Lalaith for support.

He took a deep breath, and looked directly into Narmion's eyes, "Narmion, Lalaith and I are in love, We are giong to be married".......
The Captain looked at Narmion with anxious iceblue eyes, He needed to know what hs friend thought.

"Married?"
Narmion repeated the word with wide eyes.
"You?... and her?"
He gestured first at Glyndr, then Lalaith. A broad smile appeared on his face.
"That's wonderful!" He exclaimed, and had caught Glyndr in a bear-hug before he could protest, then moved on to Lalaith, then stepped back again, still smiling.
"I won't ask how you managed to get engaged since I've been asleep- but I'm sure it will make an interesting story for later," he added with a wink, "Now I've got to follow this childish game I've become caught up in. But can you blame me?" He pointed at his head, "I must retaliate somehow."

"Just make sure you keep your pranks away from me," Lalaith added with a small grin.

"I shall try, but I cannot promise anything for my comrades. Congratulations again!"
He gave Glyndr a clap on the shoulder before turning and catching up with Arato and the twins. He found Diablo with them.

"What did I miss?" he asked, then glared at the horse for a moment. "Apparantly many things, thanks to you. Glyndr and Lalaith are going to get married! Isn't that a surprise? Anyway... what devious plan have you concocted for driving our 'enemies' insane?"

-----

Lalaith laughed a little as Narmion ran off, turning and throwing her arms over Glyndr's shoulders and grinning up at him.
"It has been announced- and you can be sure he will tell the others, and soon the whole of Rivendell's population will know. Soon you'll be getting more friendly embraces like that one," she chuckled and gestured in the direction Narmion had gone.

(sorry if its not up to par... I've had a hard time thinking of anything. >.< my brother is moving away and it has me depressed.)
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 01:26
"Yes, your hair is still pink, but that doesn't matter. I'm sure we can remedy that somehow..." Aiden said, grinning at his brother evilly.

"Did that elf woman express any interest in my hair still being pink when she mentioned this to you?" Eadoin said quickly, diverting the subject. "I mean, if she likes it, I can keep it for her..."

"I thought you didn't like the pink."

"I can bear it," Eadoin replied, stepping to the side as Aiden reached for his shoulder. "It's better than going through any of your remedies."

"My remedies aren't that bad!" Aiden protested.

"Right. Remember that time when you said that bathing in the stream near our village in the dead of winter would make me grow up strong and I believed you? I came down with a fever and was bedridden for a month!"

"I paid for that with 2 months confined to the house..." Aiden replied sullenly.

"And I never trusted your remedies again."

------------------------------------------

"Married? That's a surprise. Who would have thought that anyone could break Glyndr's hard shell," Arato commented. He paused for a moment. "Although if anyone could do it, I would have put Lalaith up to the task. Good for them," he said with a smile.

"And as for our devious plan..." Elladan began.

"It involves tree sap, Erestor, and Rolan and Aiden stuck together," Elrohir finished. "Although not in that order."

"We know how to make a sticky substance that can stick people together for extended periods of time."

"I take it you've had practice with this?" Arato asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, but unfortunately, we tested it on ourselves and ended up walking around Imladris stuck together for a month."

"Of course, we used too much for the first trial of it," Elrohir said. "We know better now."

"I'm glad," Arato said with a laugh.
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email