Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Red Dawn (Keeper!)
on: August 21, 2005 02:23
Amata watched Eadoin with amusement, thoroughly enjoying herself.
"You'd rather have pink hair and a girlfriend, than neither?" She laughed. "In that case, we'd have to keep on dying your hair pink when it grows out." She turned to Aiden. "And do you actually have any ideas about removing the dye? I don't fancy going around like this forever."

Faeringil shoved a scroll into a pocket and strode out into the gardens once more, hoping to find a spot completely devoid of troublemakers. Ever since he'd run into the gang trying ot obtain some sort of bleach, he was concerned. Was Imladris going insane?
Unfortunately he'd only been walking for a few minutes before he came upon one side of the battlers. He nodded to the twins, and to the mortal, before taking a route which led away from them. He had no desire to be involved in anything. Especially when his sister was running around like she was a ten year old boy, and with pink hair.
He was preoccupied with thinking about the strange goings-on when he almost walked straight into Lalaith and Glyndr. Lalaith's arms were around his shoulders... Faeringil managed to stop himself from staring, and apologised.
"So sorry. I don't suppose you know of anywhere that is still left quiet? I've no wish to come across any more of those troublemakers." He paused. "I haven't disturbed anything, have I?"

(( not really sure what to write... *shrugs* ))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2005 04:04
"Did that elf woman express any interest in my hair still being pink when she mentioned this to you?" Eadoin said quickly, diverting the subject. "I mean, if she likes it, I can keep it for her..."

"I don't think it mattered one way or the other," Rolan replied with a shrug. "It could be fun t' just let it grow out, ye know?"

"You'd rather have pink hair and a girlfriend, than neither?" She laughed. "In that case, we'd have to keep on dying your hair pink when it grows out." She turned to Aiden. "And do you actually have any ideas about removing the dye? I don't fancy going around like this forever."

Rolan cleared his throat. "You alus could re-dye yer hair, ye know," he pointed out. "There's a plant that I saw before that stains real well. It's a shrub, 'bout this high," he measured a height about five meters off the ground. "I can show ye if ye want me to," he offered.

OOc// I actually found a few plants that could be used for dye and such. I did some net research. hehe
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 01:04
Glyndr was so shocked at Narmion's bear hug reaction to their news he stared in a stunned silence,unable to say a word befrore Narmion left to join the others.

He was not so shocked at Lalaith's hug, and returned it with one of his own, and a lingering kiss added.
So involved with Lalaith ,he did not notice Faeringil until he was almost on them
The Elf shot him an ice dagger look that said "Yes you are disturbing something, GO AWAY!"

Glyndr kept his arm protectively around Lalaith's waist, " Quiet places? I doubt if there are any quiet places with these little demons around" , He looked thoughtful. "You could try the far side of the river" he added , hopeful that Fearingil would take the hint and go as far away as possible.

Glyndr smiled at Lalaith, " Come back with me to the house gardens, I have a little errand to run and I need to know that you will be safe"
The Elf led her back towards the gardens, he glanced back at Faeringil, "I suppose you could keep Lalaith company while I am gone" he said grudgingly. He wanted Faeringil nowhere near her, but at least she would not be left alone .

A while later , and Glyndr rode Sylstar in a furious gallop down the road leading to the river and beyond, He had someone to meet, and something to get.

OOC Glyndy's back from the sidelines, beware! lol :evil:

[Edited on 22/8/2005 by elflyn]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 03:52
((*gasp* Our baddie can't be Glyndy, can it? Lol, kidding! But what's he up to?))

"I don't think it mattered one way or the other," Rolan replied with a shrug. "It could be fun t' just let it grow out, ye know?"

Just think of what father would say when he saw us," Aiden said with a laugh.

"He'd think it as your doing," Eadoin replied.

"Not if my hair was pink as well."

"That's true, I suppose," Eadoin said. He turned to Amata. "I'd like to be rid of this color, but I would not like to be subject to my brother's so-called 'treatments'. Don't listen to him."

"I'm sure that one of the healers could help you," Aiden mused. Eadoin shrugged and started off into the forest in the direction of the house.

"If you get any ideas or help from a healer, let me know, I want this out of my hair as soon as possible! And if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the kitchens in search of the elven woman Arianna!" he disappeared.

"I wonder how that will go," Aiden said wtih a soft laugh.

-----------------------------------------

Eadoin nervously stepped through the door in the kitchen and stood, feeling decidedly out of place. The kitchen staff was just finishing putting the last touches on the meal for this evening. One of the cooks spotted him and came over.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"I was... uh... just looking for an elf called Arianna. Is she here and could I speak with her?" Eadoin asked softly, scuffing his boot on the floor of the doorway.

"I'll send her out to you once we're finished. If you'll just wait on the bench around the corner..." she trailed off.

"Eadoin," he said, stepping out of the kitchen and sitting down on the bench. He was full of nerves, unsure if this woman would like him, if she'd help him. He fidgeted as he waited.

((So is Arianna going to be sort of a free character, or is someone actually going to play her?))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 07:05
OOc// *evil MUAHAHAHAHAHAing laugh* I shall play Ari!

"Arianna!"

The young Elf maiden looked up from chopping vegetables. "Yes?" she asked. Her voice was quiet and smooth like the icemelt.

"Some young man's waiting for you to be done work. He's waiting for you in the hallway." The head cook was brisk with her job and didn't enjoy interruptions as a general rule. The help, on the other hand...

"Looks like you have attracted another one," one called out to Arianna.

"You always seem to get the best looking males around Imladris," another complained.

"Is there any chance you won't mind sharing?" a third asked wistfully.

Arianna smiled indulgently. If there was a young man waiting out there--and she hadn't missed the subtle phrasing--then perhaps it would be either Rolan or his friend. Arianna liked Rolan well enough. He was a sweet lad, though he oft tried to act above and beyond his station. Trouble-maker.

Her eyes went soft as her thoughts strayed to his friend. He called him 'Eadoin' or something, she thought to herself. With the pink hair, one certainly couldn't miss him in a crowd.

"Watch where you're cutting, Arianna," the head cook said bruskely. "You're going to lose your fingers if you're not careful. That's a sharp knife, not some child's toy."

"Hello?" she called into the gloomy hallway. No one answered right away. Had it been a hoax? She turned to go. A quavering voice called back.

Arianna turned around. "I see you made it, then," she remarked sweetly, a faint smile playing around the edge of her mouth. "Rolan was quite insistant that I meet you. I do believe he was attempting to play matchmaker yet again."

OOc// Edit: called Eadoin 'Aiden' by mistake. 0.o sorry!

[Edited on 22/8/2005 by Salkiethia]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 03:01

"Married? That's a surprise. Who would have thought that anyone could break Glyndr's hard shell," Arato commented. He paused for a moment. "Although if anyone could do it, I would have put Lalaith up to the task. Good for them," he said with a smile.

"And as for our devious plan..." Elladan began.

"It involves tree sap, Erestor, and Rolan and Aiden stuck together," Elrohir finished. "Although not in that order."

"We know how to make a sticky substance that can stick people together for extended periods of time."

"I take it you've had practice with this?" Arato asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, but unfortunately, we tested it on ourselves and ended up walking around Imladris stuck together for a month."

"Of course, we used too much for the first trial of it," Elrohir said. "We know better now."

"I'm glad," Arato said with a laugh.

Narmion laughed and shook his head.

"I shall leave the planning to you two- its quite obvious that you have more experience in 'pranking' than I. And I don't want to risk getting glued to any of you- no offense."
----

Glyndr kept his arm protectively around Lalaith's waist, " Quiet places? I doubt if there are any quiet places with these little demons around" , He looked thoughtful. "You could try the far side of the river" he added , hopeful that Fearingil would take the hint and go as far away as possible.

Glyndr smiled at Lalaith, " Come back with me to the house gardens, I have a little errand to run and I need to know that you will be safe"
The Elf led her back towards the gardens, he glanced back at Faeringil, "I suppose you could keep Lalaith company while I am gone" he said grudgingly. He wanted Faeringil nowhere near her, but at least she would not be left alone .

"What could possibly happen?" She asked as Glyndr led her toward the gardens, "I've lived here many years without needing someone with me all the time, Glyndr. I may be no warrior, but I can take care of myself."

She tried to convince him not to leave- there was no telling what 'errand' he was running off to do, and she would have felt better for him to remain in Rivendell. Even so, she could not convince him, and soon he was gone, leaving her in the gardens. Lalaith sighed and sat on the bench that Narmion had used as a bed earlier, considering heading back to her bedroom.

(I'm not sure what to write either..)
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 03:23
((For once, I know what to write, and I believe that I'll get it out before I completely forget it! And Sal? I'm gonna need a physical description of Ari if you could.))

"Hello?" she called into the gloomy hallway.

At the sight of her, Eadoin's mouth went dry and he found he couldn't answer. As she turned to go, Eadoin sprang to his feet and answered her.

"Hello," he said, trying not to sound like a bumbling idiot. He stepped from the shadows that obscured the bench and stepped into the light, pulling nervously at the end of his braid. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, trying to think of something to say. "I'm Eadoin. Rolan said I should meet you, as well. Um..."

He finally looked up into her eyes and promptly forgot what he was about to say. He just stared in awe at the picture of beauty before him and felt his hear fluttering.

Rolan didn't say anything about how beautiful she is... he thought stupidly.

-----------------------------

"I think I'll join you in your statement, Narmion. I have no desire to be stuck to anyone either, and especially not an elf," Arato said with a grin. "It'd make me feel much to inferior, and it would be undignified to be dragged around." He gave a short laugh. "And I don't think any of you would want to be stuck to someone who would slow you down... perhaps even purpously. I'll just amuse myself by watching, thank you."

"In that case, I'll go talk Erestor into bringing the two on a nature walk," Elrohir said, walking off. "El, see that you get the sap ready?"

"Of course, El," Elladan called, walking towards the house in search of their sap. Arato shook his head.

-----------------------------

"Rolan," Aiden said after his brother had disappeared from view. "I'm interested in keeping my hair this color for a little longer. It makes me feel different. Besides," he said with a sly grin, "I'm not about to let my brother live this one down for a while. Let's go find this plant of yours." He hopped to his feet and waited for the younger boy to lead him to the plant.

((Aaaaaand if Rolan agrees to show Aiden this plant, I believe that I've just set up the "Sticky Sap Trap". This ought to be fun.))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 03:46
OOc// I'll post a descripion in the DB, I guess, Nimmy. Can't think of anything else to do...

"I'm Eadoin. Rolan said I should meet you, as well. Um..."

He finally looked up into her eyes and promptly forgot what he was about to say. He just stared in awe at the picture of beauty before him and felt his hear fluttering.

Arianna brushed a strand of dark hair off her shoulder and studied the lad before her. Young and charming, but not naive. And the hair... Arianna kept a chuckle to herself. The hair was a lovely color--just not on him. Not that she would say so.

"Do you want to go for a walk, Eadoin?" Arianna asked into the uncomfortable silence. "The gardens are absolutely lovely at this time of year."

"Rolan," Aiden said after his brother had disappeared from view. "I'm interested in keeping my hair this color for a little longer. It makes me feel different. Besides," he said with a sly grin, "I'm not about to let my brother live this one down for a while. Let's go find this plant of yours." He hopped to his feet and waited for the younger boy to lead him to the plant.

"S'alright then. Let's go," Rolan said to Aiden. He led the elder boy through the Elvish gardens, making twists and turns on the path before stepping off it entirely.

"This is the only way t' get there without goin' through the kitchen way," Rolan said to quiet Aiden's protests of 'Squishing the grass!'. "An', it's less likely that summat'll be there, ye know."

He rolled under a hedge and stood up. "C'mon now, Aiden. A little dirt won be hurtin' yer clothin' much more'n ink." Rolan went over to the center of the clearing in the center of the circle of hedges and began looking closely at the leaves on the plants there. He selected a few and started up the cobblestone path that led to the kitchens.

"Snatch some if ye want, Aiden," he called back. "The darker ones're better t' use a'cause they stain better, but any'll do."

The little thief stopped talking. He heard voices. He ran back to Aiden and whispered, "I think we found yer brother. An' he's with Arianna. Spy?"
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 02:48
Eadoin shook his head as soon as Arianna turned her back to walk into the gardens. A lasting first impression, that was for sure. He hurried to catch up with her.

"I'll take your word for it," he said softly, joining her in the gardens. They walked in silence for a time. "What's it like living here?" Eadoin asked her, looking around at the gardens as they walked. "My visit probably doesn't reflect what actually happens here year round, considering we're running around pranking each other..." he trailed off, realizing that Arianna probably wouldn't be interested in what he was saying.

------------------------------------------

"You think it's my brother and the elf woman?" Aiden asked, picking a few of the darker leaves from the plant and hurrying after Rolan. "Of course I want to spy? What do you think brothers are for?" Aiden could hear the voices too, so he grabbed Rolan's arm and slunk forward until he could see and hear his brother more clearly. He pulled the younger boy down with him as he crouched behind a shrub.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 09:55
Glyndr returned a few hours later, He went to find Lalaith where he had left her in the gardens.
He hoped that she would still be there, and had not wandered off with Faeringil on some walk.

He saw her on the bench, and ran to her.he lifted her off the bench and swung her round, " I have a surprise for you, we can go to collect it tomorrow, The person I was to meet was late, so while I was waiting I saw this..". He stopped.
"Ah , you will find out tomorrow".

Glyndr walked with Lalaith through the gardens, He seemed quiet, preoccupied, "Lalaith," , he stopped. "Lalaith, I cannot stay here much longer, I must leave, Please , let us be married soon",
The Elf felt all the deep sorrow return in his soul.
He wanted to live the rest of his life with the Elleth he loved more than that life.
"Lalaith, please, I cannot leave without knowing that you love me, and that you are waiting here for me..." Glyndr took a shuddering breath.
"Lalaith, I love you beyond death itself. Please, do this for me. Marry me tomorrow".
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 11:58
Glyndr walked with Lalaith through the gardens, He seemed quiet, preoccupied, "Lalaith," , he stopped. "Lalaith, I cannot stay here much longer, I must leave, Please , let us be married soon",
The Elf felt all the deep sorrow return in his soul.
He wanted to live the rest of his life with the Elleth he loved more than that life.
"Lalaith, please, I cannot leave without knowing that you love me, and that you are waiting here for me..." Glyndr took a shuddering breath.
"Lalaith, I love you beyond death itself. Please, do this for me. Marry me tomorrow".

Lalaith stopped walking and gently grabbed Glyndr's hand.
"Where are you going?" She demanded in a soft voice, meeting his gaze steadily with fear in her eyes. She had not been expecting this. Get married tomorow?!
"If you truly desire this, Glyndr, I will go along with your wishes, but please don't leave. You speak as if you will be gone a long time-- if you must go and remain gone, take me with you. I told you once, love, that Rivendell would no longer hold joy for me without you here."
Her grip on his hand became tighter. She had already lost her brother and father- she did not want to risk losing Glyndr as well! He had filled the terrible void in her soul. The fear of his leaving was great on her heart. The look in his eyes said he would not be swayed, though, and that her pleading caused him sorrow. Silently, she waited.

(dunno what to post for Narmion)
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 11:26
Amata followed the two boys into the trees in search of the plant. After taking a few leaves and stuffing them into a pocket, she left them to their spying act. Fun it may be, but she was no brother, and she didn't feel like intruding. Leave it to the boys...
She stooped to pluck a flower from its stem, and walked, twirling it between her fingers and thinking. What should she do now? She wondered what the other side was up to - whether they were planning any more pranks. However, her side seemed to have split up a bit. Perhaps she should have stayed with them... no, then she'd only have got pranked again.

She found herself at a bench, and absentmindedly sat down on it. After all, that's what benches are for. It was the same bench that Narmion had been sleeping on. She turned her thoughts in another direction.

(( I think I'll just leave her here until I think of something ))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 04:32
"I'll take your word for it," he said softly, joining her in the gardens. They walked in silence for a time. "What's it like living here?" Eadoin asked her, looking around at the gardens as they walked. "My visit probably doesn't reflect what actually happens here year round, considering we're running around pranking each other..." he trailed off, realizing that Arianna probably wouldn't be interested in what he was saying.

Arianna smiled slightly at Eadoin's comment. "Living in Imladris is as close to living in the Havens as life outside Valinor gets," she said softly. "Unless you have the twins dogging your footsteps, of course."

"You think it's my brother and the elf woman?" Aiden asked, picking a few of the darker leaves from the plant and hurrying after Rolan. "Of course I want to spy? What do you think brothers are for?" Aiden could hear the voices too, so he grabbed Rolan's arm and slunk forward until he could see and hear his brother more clearly. He pulled the younger boy down with him as he crouched behind a shrub.

Rolan smothered a laugh as Aiden pulled him down. Looks like Eadoin's managed t' grab the lady, after all. They'll make a fair nice pair, them two.

Arianna settled herself on a beautifully crafted bench and invited Eadoin to sit with her. "So, what sort of 'pranks' have you been pulling?" she asked slyly. "Nothing that would involve the kitchens, surely."

OOc// I think I re-wrote most of Nimmy's post in this one. 0.o Can't wait to see how Eadoin reacts to *that*
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 04:30
(I'm gonna let Narmion find Amata- even though they're 'enemies' this just means he left Arato.. but it'll be alright... woohoo, posted once for lalaith and then for narmion! in serparate posts! never done that before...)

Narmion had since wandered away from Arato, going off to find something for a prank or to come up with one, but mainly trying to avoid being found and pranked.

In this way he discovered Amata, sitting alone on the bench that had served as his bed earlier. She was holding a flower. First he checked around to make sure no one was hiding in wait with some evil plot, then he stepped out and made himself known.
"I call a truce," he said with a grin, holding up his hands, "Mind if I join you? No tricks, I promise."
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 03:53
"Er... We've more been dumping stuff on each other's heads," Eadoin said. "Back when we were traveling, I was kidnapped by some elves and brought here. Arato, my eldest brother, drugged Aiden, who's in the middle, to keep him from coming after me. We got him back by dumping flour and water over his head.

"Arato got the twins to help him dye our hair pink, and then we got them back with bleach. We're expecting retaliation..." He coughed. "And... we're trying to think up a prank ahead of time to get them back. We just haven't yet."

"As for the kitchens..." he trailed off and blushed. "Um..." Eadoin trailed off again, unsure of what to say. "I... um... no! We wouldn't dream of getting the kitchens involved! Er... unless... um... drastic measures were called for? Um..."

-----------

Aiden smothered some laughter as Eadoin listed off their pranks, in order of completion. Hearing Eadoin speak of their terrorism so calmly was very amusing. And hearing his brother stutter was even funnier. Eadoin was usually so articulate.

Well, they do make a nice couple. Even though Eadoin seems to be flustered around her. He smothered another laugh and settled down to see what would happen.

((A post without Arato. Well, let's assume he's off keeping an eye out for any suspicious behavior. And the twins have gone off to plot. Post done.))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 07:31
Arianna listened, more and more amused as Eadoin spoke of the pranks that had been pulled thus far in the newly infamous 'Prank War'. She had known a bit about it already, of course, from the Elves who knew the Twins and their new companions. But to hear everything that had happened from one of the participants was interesting.

Then Eadoin began to stutter something about not involving the kitchens unless 'drastic measures' were 'called for'. Arianna laughed.

"And I suppose these 'drastic measures' would involve something to do with food that might make the others think twice before they prank you again, correct?" she asked.

Eadoin's blush deepened. She laughed again, the light laugh some said was 'tinkly'.

"I think we could manage that," she said solemnly, a twinkle lighting here eyes.

"It worked," Rolan whispered in awe. "It bloody worked! I ne'er thought she'd go along with it, but jes talkin' to Eadoin seem t' have changed 'er mind."
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 01:28
((And now for the reply post... *grins* I believe that I'm going to introduce the "sticky sap prank", too...))

"It seems that my brother isn't as inept with women as one would think he would be," Aiden muttered in reply, slinking from the scene. He beckoned Rolan to follow him and they walked deeper into the gardens. "We now have a prank secured in case we need to retaliate. This is good."

A few moments later, the two ran into another elf, who was standing in the gardens contemplating a bed of flowers. He turned around at their approach and studied them.

"You wouldn't happen to be Aiden and Rolan, would you?" he asked of the boys. Aiden nodded hesitantly. "Good. I am Erestor. Lord Elrond has asked me to divert your energy into a more... productive pasttime. Rather than running around pranking each other, I've decided to show you the rest of the gardens." He nodded to Aiden. "I've heard that your brother Arato is an adept healer, and that you're interested as well."

"I am," Aiden admitted. It would be nice to have a bit of peace and quiet for a while, without having to fear from pranks coming from this front. Besides, he liked Erestor, and he had only known the elf for a few moments. "Plant lore is very intereting. But I'm not sure about this topic holding Rolan's interest..." he eyed the other boy, not quite comfortable enough with this city to wander off alone with a strange elf.

He hoped that the lad would join him, for safety reasons. Strength in numbers, as they said.

----------

"How did you know that we'd ask you for help?" Eadoin asked with a further deepening of his blush. "It was Rolan's idea, I suppose, that I... er... speak to you to see if we could talk the kitchens into helping us." He scatched the back of his neck sheepishly and let the conversation descend into a silence.

"You know, I was thinking of asking the kitchen to dump a lot of extra pepper into their food. Meaning Narmion, Arato, and the twins, that is. Or maybe something equally as foul tasting," Eadoin said with a grin. He fingered his hair for a moment. "But I suppose that will have to wait until we get pranked first. I think my first line of business would be getting this from my hair," he gestrued to the pink. "You wouldn't happen to know of a way to help me with this, would you?"

((I hope it's okay that I introduced Erestor now.))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 02:27
Rolan cocked his head and gave Erestor and Aiden a long look. "Bloody plants seem t' be makin' everyone interested in 'em," he growled good-naturedly. "I think I'll catch up t' you two in a bit. I would like t' see how our side goes on. Plus I like spyin'."

Erestor raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?" he inquired calmly.

Rolan nodded. "Yes, Lord Elf."

"Erestor," the adviser corrected gently. "Not 'lord' anything. My duty is to advise Lord Elrond only. And, of course," he added with a half-smile, "to maintain the peace and calm of Imladris. Thus, the garden walk."

"Which I'm not thinkin' t' take," Rolan retorted.

"Meaning you will be coming." Erestor stated it as though it was a fact to remain undisputed for eons to come.

Rolan sighed, seeing no way around it. "Fine," he mumbled.

"Excellent. Come along then, you two. There are a few herbs I'm sure you'd be interested in, Aiden, and as for you Rolan... I do believe there are a few exotic things that may catch your eye."

Rolan snarled under his breath as the three of them set off down the garden path.

"To your first question," Arianna said thoughtfully, looking off into the trees, "I guessed you'd ask because Rolan hinted as much. Plus, you are sadly inept at concealing your purpose, Eadoin." Another sweet smile.

"As for the second, well," she appraised his pink hair. "It can be re-dyed to something close to the original coloring, nothing more. There are a few plants that grow around here that are used for dye, actually. I could show you, if you'd like."

Rolan was right about this one. So nice to have a young friend who's actually right once in awhile when playing matchmaker.

OOc//It's great you got Erestor in there Nimmy! good work hehe

Edit: I mixed up Aiden and Eadoin again! :banghead: *mutters to self* get it right!

[Edited on 30/8/2005 by Salkiethia]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 03:14
Amata gave a small start of surprise, then after a moment of hesitation, moved along the bench to make room, face turned away until she regained her usual colour.
"I suppose I'll have to trust you on that one - having betrayed us once, I'm not too sure that its safe to accept your promises." However, she spoke teasingly. She twisted the flower around her fingers, then started absentmindedly pulling the petals from it. She stole a sideways glance at Narmion, still finding his newly blonde hair peculiar, although it she had a part in the prank. She attempted to stifle a laugh.
She cast the now mangled flower away and plucked a fresh one from beside the bench. She hazarded an attempt at conversation."Um...have you seen anything of Lalaith and Glyndr? I haven't seen them since earlier this morning."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 10:41
Glyndr would not tell her why he had gone, or where he may be going.
"I wish it more than anything that you should marry me tomorow, but I cannot ask you to come with me my love, But by our Gods , how I wish you could".
Glyndr's blue eyes held the dark sadness he felt, He was a Captain in the Elven army, his duty would take him from her. He could not bear that.

"Lalaith", Glyndr smiled, "Come with me. You shall have your surprise today I cannot wait until tomorrow".
He lifted her onto Sylstar's back, and leapt up behind her.
They galloped a long distance over river and grassland before Glyndr slowed Sylstar to a walk.
"Look Lalaith", Glyndr pointed to a herd of horses, "The white mare is called Ice crystal, She is your wedding gift from me", The Elf smiled as he kissed her neck, "She is of the same breeding as Sylstar, she is swift and strong, and will protect you in battle".
Glyndr flinched at the word.' BATTLE,' he hated the thought of another war.

"Lalaith, I want you to promise me that if any evil threatens Rivendell, that you will take Crystal and ride like you have never ridden before, If we are separated, promise that you will wait for me, " Glyndr kissed her with a sad passion, " I shall search for you forever if I have to, I shall find you".

Glyndr watched as the mare walked proudly towards them, " Tomorow my world will be complete, tomorrow we shall seal our love bond , and you will be my wife ".
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 02:15
"Lalaith, I want you to promise me that if any evil threatens Rivendell, that you will take Crystal and ride like you have never ridden before, If we are separated, promise that you will wait for me, " Glyndr kissed her with a sad passion, " I shall search for you forever if I have to, I shall find you".

Glyndr watched as the mare walked proudly towards them, " Tomorow my world will be complete, tomorrow we shall seal our love bond , and you will be my wife ".

Lalaith was deeply touched by his gift and his words, and she forced a smile, leaning against him. He wouldn't tell her where he was going- and he didn't want her going along.
He expects danger is coming. And is he running to meet it? Oh Glyndr, what have you done...?

The elleth said nothing of her thoughts, reaching out to greet Crystal. The mare nudged her hand with her snout and Lalaith smiled, stroking the beautiful creature and speaking softly to her.
"Thank you," she said, turning to Glyndr. "She is lovely. And tomorow-- not far away at all--" She turned slightly and traced her finger in a zig-zag down his chest, "There is still much to prepare. Perhaps we should head back?"

____

"I suppose I'll have to trust you on that one - having betrayed us once, I'm not too sure that its safe to accept your promises." However, she spoke teasingly. She twisted the flower around her fingers, then started absentmindedly pulling the petals from it. She stole a sideways glance at Narmion, still finding his newly blonde hair peculiar, although it she had a part in the prank. She attempted to stifle a laugh.

Narmion grinned at her.
"Of course, I apologize about that. You've had your revenge anyway- And I daresay you find it amusing. How is it that we were pulled into pranking? I feel like a child again," he gazed at her, suddenly thinking her very beautiful, even with pinkish hair. "Of course, that is welcome relief in times of strife."

"Um...have you seen anything of Lalaith and Glyndr? I haven't seen them since earlier this morning."

"Oh yes!" He said so suddenly that it startled her, then smiled again, "I saw them. They're getting married!"
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 12:25
Narmion grinned at her.
"Of course, I apologize about that. You've had your revenge anyway- And I daresay you find it amusing. How is it that we were pulled into pranking?"

Amata smiled mirthfully. "Yes, it is amusing. You look... quite.. different. Although I think it'll be a relief for both of us when the stuff comes out of our hair." She recalled the leaves she had stuffed into one of her pockets, and she drew them out. "I just remembered - Rolan showed us these leaves, and they're supposed to produce a dark coloured dye. It's not so good for my hair, but I thought it would be much better than pink - you can use some, if you like.

"I feel like a child again," he gazed at her, suddenly thinking her very beautiful, even with pinkish hair. "Of course, that is welcome relief in times of strife."

Amata nodded, smiling. "It feels wonderful to behave as if we had no cares in the world. You don't realise it at the time, but childhood is so fun."

"Oh yes!" He said so suddenly that it startled her, then smiled again, "I saw them. They're getting married!"

"What?!" Amata snapped the flower stem between her fingers, and stared at Narmion. "Lalaith is... marrying Glyndr? Why? Well.. I suppose... why not?" She fell silent, then, "Sorry, I don't think I made much sense then. Marriage.. I thought that they liked each other certainly, but - it's happened so quickly."
Amata couldn't think of anything worse than marriage to Glyndr, but then, she wasn't the one doing it. She suddenly laughed. "Well, I wish them every happiness, and I'm glad that they have found love... When is the ceremony to be, do you know?
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 09:22
OOc// Romance seems to be all around, so may as well get the horse into it. lol

Diablo was carefully picking his way through the grass. The pasture was filled with other horses. They snorted and flicked their tales, seeming entirely at ease with the world. The stallion didn't think everything was so fine. His dark head flew up at the sound of approaching hooves. He caught the scent of Glyndr's war-steed.

Slowly, the black horse came down from the center of the herd towards Glyndr and Laliath. He was excited to see them and whinnied. In his haste to reach them, he bumped into the other horse standing there, a white one carefully sniffing Laliath's outstretched hand.

Diablo snorted an apology for bumping into the other horse. It's face turned. The mare neighed disdainfully at Diablo. He backed up a little, turned and raced around the other side to where Glyndr stood. Playfully, the black stallion shoved the Elf in the stomach with his nose as if to say, 'Did you miss me?'
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 02:16
((My post, as promised!))

Aiden snickered softly at Rolan's snarl and his plight to be dragged into the garden walk. They fell in step with Erestor and allowed themselves to be led around the gardens. Aiden found himself looking around in interest and often times awe at the variety of plants in the garden as they went.

After a while, Erestor stopped them at a patch of plants and beckoned them to look closer.

"I believe that you'll find this most interesting, Aiden," Erestor said, bending down to pick a small bunch of flowers one of the plants. Aiden leaned forward to study what Erestor had in his hand.

“What’s it do?” he asked.

“This was probably one of the herbs your brother uses to knock people out,” Erestor said. Aiden pirked up at that. He bent down to study it.

“I do recognize this. Valerian, I think it is,” Aiden said to himself. “I’ve seen him with this before, he just never tells me what it’s for.”

“That’s right,” Erestor said. Aiden rose with a flower in his hand. The next moment, there was a cloth covering his mouth and nose, and Aiden breathed in a by-now familiar scent.

Not again… he thought before passing out again.

------------------------------------

Eadoin flushed again as Arianna smiled at him sweetly. He couldn’t help it. He was falling steadily in love with her. Now, the problem was how to let her know. He’d have to work on that. It took him a while to reply to her comment.

“Well, I’m inept at concealing my purposes from elves, that’s for sure. I’m quite good at it with Aiden,” Eadoin said. “Although I probably shouldn’t take too much pride in that, he is rather dense sometimes.” He grinned back at her.

“I would be very grateful if you showed me these plants,” he said to her. “I’m itching to be rid of this ridiculous hair color. Could you please show me?”

--------------------------------------

Arato wandered through the gardens of Imladris, his feet leading him aimlessly. After a while of wandering, he suddenly came across his brother, Rolan, and one of the elves of Imladris. Aiden was crouched over a small patch of well kept Valerian. Arato saw the elf take something from his sleeve and started when he grabbed the boy. Aiden slumped backwards into the elf’s arms.

“You wouldn’t happen to be Erestor, would you?” Arato asked, stepping out of the trees and moving quickly to catch Rolan before the boy could flee for help. The elf nodded.

“I am,” Erestor replied. “The twins should be along shortly.”

“We’re right here, Erestor,” Elrohir said, coming into sight with a few coils of rope hung over one shoulder. “Elladan’s found a place where we can pull this off out of the way.”

“That’s good,” Arato said, watching as Erestor easily picked up Aiden. The two elves walked of, leaving Arato with Rolan. “You better not fight me, boy,” he grumbled to Rolan. “I’m stronger than you are, and faster as well.”

((It's done. With Arato and a reintroduction of the twins this time. ))
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 02:30
Rolan blanched as he saw Erestor clamp something around Aiden's nose and then watched the boy go limp in the Elf's arms. "What the bloody 'ell did ye do t' 'im?" the street lad demanded in a high pitched voice. His eyes were wide with shock.

“You wouldn’t happen to be Erestor, would you?” Arato asked, stepping out of the trees and moving quickly to catch Rolan before the boy could flee for help.

Rolan struggled in Arato's arms, kicking and swearing colorfully. A few words strong enough to peel varnish, however, did not help at all to loosen the hold Arato had on him.

“I am,” Erestor replied. “The twins should be along shortly.”

“We’re right here, Erestor,” Elrohir said, coming into sight with a few coils of rope hung over one shoulder. “Elladan’s found a place where we can pull this off out of the way.”

"What're ye doin'? 'E killed Aiden!" Rolan screeched.

“That’s good,” Arato said, watching as Erestor easily picked up Aiden. The two elves walked of, leaving Arato with Rolan. “You better not fight me, boy,” he grumbled to Rolan. “I’m stronger than you are, and faster as well.”

Rolan responded with a hard kick to Arato's shin. Living on the streets, he'd picked up a few dirty fighting techniques that he employed now. His right hand came free. Instead of hitting Arato, he dug a nail into the delicate web of skin between fingers on the other's hand.

That got Arato's hands off him in a hurry. Rolan cut and ran, but, true enough, Arato was faster than he was. A tackle sent Rolan to the ground and the lad knew enough not to fight this time though he honestly wondered what was going on.

“Well, I’m inept at concealing my purposes from elves, that’s for sure. I’m quite good at it with Aiden,” Eadoin said. “Although I probably shouldn’t take too much pride in that, he is rather dense sometimes.” He grinned back at her.

“I would be very grateful if you showed me these plants,” he said to her. “I’m itching to be rid of this ridiculous hair color. Could you please show me?”

Arianna nodded. "I can show you right now," she told Eadoin. "Come with me."

She led him further into the garden to the place where the plant Rolan had discovered grew. "These leaves will dye your hair," she said to the human. "They make a red-brown. Mix it with indigo for a dark, inky black. Or," she mused, fingering her own dark hair, "just use ink."

She winked at him to show she was just kidding.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 09:05
"If anyone was doing anything to harm either of my brothers, I'd like you to know that not even a Balrog could stand in my way to protect them," Arato said. He knelt over the boy, pinning his arms to his sides, and looked at the one hand that Rolan had gotten with his nail. Satisfied, he picked the boy up and started off down the same path that Elrohir and Erestor had taken.

"We were wondering if you had gotten lost," Elladan said as he entered the clearing. Arato rolled his eyes and set Rolan down next to his brother.

"Living on the streets made him a fighter," Arato said, sitting down and rubbing his shin. Elrohir eyed Rolan before tying them both gently but firmly to the tree behind them.

"What are you up to?" Aiden asked, coming around after his short nap. His eyes fell on Arato, who grinned at him. He wasn't exactly liking the situation much

"You'll see, my young friend," Elladan replied, stirring something in a pail that Aiden couldn't see. So now he really didn't like the situation he had found himself in.

"Since I have helped you the best I can," Erestor said, turning, "I shall leave you to your own devices." With that, the elf turned and walked away.

----------

"Thank you," Eadoin said, gently plucking a few leaves from the plant that Arianna showed him. He looked at them for a moment, and then back at the elven woman. “Would there happen to be any way to lighten the dye? You know, to match my original hair color… since it’s not exactly reddish-brown, but more of a reddish-blonde color.”
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 11:32
"Yes", Glyndr smiled, "I suppose we must get back" the smile faded, "Lalaith, do you have anyone to attend you at the wedding? OH HELL! I have not even asked Lord Elrond to perform the ceremony , RATS!"
Glyndr kissed Lalaith softly, " I am sure it can be arranged, You must have someone to attend you, I have no one except Narmion, and he is too busy elsewhere it seems, No matter".

Glyndr took Lalaith's hand,He was about to leave, when he was shoved hard in the stomach by the creature, he did not want to meet.
"NO ! I did not miss you, now GO AWAY!" The Elf glared a warning. "And keep away from my wedding gift ..you devil!"

Glyndr turned back to Lalaith, he slid his arm around her, "Come, we have much to prepare before tomorow"
Glyndr turned to look over his shoulder at Diablo.
"Very much," he said with a wicked grin and a wink.
"Now..Go away", his ice blue glare said coldly. "or I shall serve you roasted at the wedding feast".

[Edited on 2/9/2005 by elflyn]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 02:05
"What?!" Amata snapped the flower stem between her fingers, and stared at Narmion. "Lalaith is... marrying Glyndr? Why? Well.. I suppose... why not?" She fell silent, then, "Sorry, I don't think I made much sense then. Marriage.. I thought that they liked each other certainly, but - it's happened so quickly."
Amata couldn't think of anything worse than marriage to Glyndr, but then, she wasn't the one doing it. She suddenly laughed. "Well, I wish them every happiness, and I'm glad that they have found love... When is the ceremony to be, do you know?

"I don't think they have decided yet. I must find Glyndr and ask him. I have not known him very long- we met on the field of battle- but I never would have seen him marrying, especially so quickly. I do not doubt his love for Lalaith..."
What he really thought was that something was bothering the other elf, but he would have to wait and see.
"As for myself, I never saw myself marrying before the war began. Now that I've experienced the loss of a family, however, I realize how dear one can become."

---------------

"Yes", Glyndr smiled, "I suppose we must get back" the smile faded, "Lalaith, do you have anyone to attend you at the wedding? OH HELL! I have not even asked Lord Elrond to perform the ceremony , RATS!"
Glyndr kissed Lalaith softly, " I am sure it can be arranged, You must have someone to attend you, I have no one except Narmion, and he is too busy elsewhere it seems, No matter".

Glyndr took Lalaith's hand,He was about to leave, when he was shoved hard in the stomach by the creature, he did not want to meet.
"NO ! I did not miss you, now GO AWAY!" The Elf glared a warning. "And keep away from my wedding gift ..you devil!"

Glyndr turned back to Lalaith, he slid his arm around her, "Come, we have much to prepare before tomorow"

"I am sure Narmion can take time out from his pranking to attend to you. Although, with his new hair-color, he will look quite unusual in the procession. I can arrange things with Lord Elrond. You realize that it will mean probably calling a halt to the 'prank war'? That may cause some upset among our friends," she said it with a smile, though that little moth of worry was fluttering in the back of her mind. "If anyone is to attend the wedding, we must spread word that the ceremony is tomorow." She grinned and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "I shall go speak with lord Elrond soon. I have a dress for the occasion that was my mother's, and I do have friends to help me get ready. What shall you wear, darling?"

Lalaith was trying hard to mask her worry- and it was not too difficult. Now she felt almost giddy- getting married tomorow!- and the smile was no longer forced.

(not sure what to write, really o.o won't it be interesting if two of our guys are stuck together at the wedding? XD naughty pranks...)
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 01:27
"I mean it!" Glyndr glared one of his ice dagger glares at Diablo, "Roast horse with apple sauce would be perfect, Now go away!"

The Captain walked with Lalaith, He was content, she seemed so happy, yet he detected a little worry in her voice, He hoped that she would not change her mind, thinking the wedding too soon,
Glyndr desperately wanted her as his wife as soon as he could, he felt a fear growing that he may not have many days left with her, and he wanted to make those he had,the best, and live them to the full with his beloved Lalaith.

"Oh , er ..wear," Glyndr frowned, " I had not thought of that, my uniform is not really appropriate, especially since it is a bit battleworn," He smiled as he brushed more dust from the emerald dragon on the front of his uniform tunic, " I'll find something suitable",

Glyndr found a good use for Diablo, he sent the horse to let everyone know of the wedding.
Glyndr watched as a red sun rose, Another red dawn.
"Tonight I shall wach the moonrise with the one who is my life, and tomorrow we shall both watch another red dawn together, The first of many, I ask the Valar to bless us with.
The Kellquenti turned back from the brightening sky, " I wonder where Narmion is?" He smiled,"I need his company, I feel more scared now, than I ever felt charging into battle"
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 07:03
Amata nodded, a little subdued. "Losses... they can be very sad. However, I... I severed contact with my family years ago, so... the news of my father's death is not so... tremendous as it could be." She paused. "But I am deeply sorry for the huge loss of life that.." She trailed away, and apologised. "Sorry. I'm not very good at being consoling."
She stole another glance at the handsome elf beside her, and bit her lip. Yes... he was still handsome. Even with blonde hair. Frowning to herself, she tried to remove the thought which kept returning. She couldn't possibly love Narmion. And he could never love her - a stubborn mortal. A mortal... so despised by elfkind. Even though elven blood ran through her veins, she had always been viewed as a disgrace to the elven family when she declared her mortality. And she'd left them... only to return and find herself once more at odds with her brother, who could be just as stubborn as she was.
Jerking out of her thoughts, she looked down to find another destroyed flower in her hands. She stared at it stupidly, before laughing, and tossing it away.
"Forgive me, Narmion. I should not continue with this destruction of wildlife. I... I was preoccupied." She lapsed into silence, looking slightly dazed. "Um... can we go and find Lalaith? And Glyndr, of course... I would like to congratulate them."

[Edited on 8/9/2005 by anduril269]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 09:17
((*bounces in with a defribulator* I attempt to revive this thread. *rubs paddles together* CLEAR!))

"Just what are you doing?" Aiden asked after a long silence from the elves and his brother. Arato turned to look at the two boys tied to the tree from where he had been watching the twins.

"It's just a little bit of fun, nothing more," Arato replied. One of the twins, Aiden couldn't tell which one, muttered something under his breath. "Well, fun for us, maybe not for you."

"Arato..." Aiden's voice held warning.

"Aiden..." Arato said in reply. The twins cut off any more attempts at conversation or any attempts by either boy to wheedle their way out of this mess by stepping forward with the bucket and a previously unseen brush. Arato grabbed one of Aiden's hand, and Elrohir Rolan's, and Elladan coated both of the boys's hands with the sticky substance, pressing them together.

"What is this?" Aiden asked in disgust, watching as Elladan wound a cloth around their hands and tied it firmly.

"Tree sap, with a little extra stick," Elladan replied. "We'll let you go when it's dry and firm enough so you two can't get free."

"You..." Aiden found he couldn't finish his thought, finding himself horrified with the prospect of being stuck to Rolan for an indefinite amount of time. His brother he could stand, but Rolan was out of the question.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 10:06
OOc// RD looks to be kickin' again, folks. Hold on to your hats!

"I'm not stayin' tied t' him," Rolan growled defiantly at Elladan. "Lemmie go or I'll get a few o' the nastier things 'round here t' happen t' you."

Elrohir lifted an eyebrow at the boy. "And how are you in a position to be doing any demanding?" he inquired lightly.

Rolan eased up with a huge amount of will. "I ain't in no position t' be makin' bargains," he stated. Elrohir began to speak but the lad cut him off. "But he is."

Elrohir turned around to see who--or what--Rolan was referring to. He paled a bit when he saw Diablo. The stallion seemed to have an idea or three about what was going to happen to the Twins.

He ignored Arato. The man was just there. He was ignorable.

The Elf turned around.

Diablo glared at him.

One step back.

One step forward.

"Elladan, I think we angered the devil-horse."

Diablo snorted and advanced another few steps, driving the Elf back toward his twin and the extra sticky tree sap.

The stallion lunged forward suddenly, tripping the Elf and sending him sprawling backwards towards his twin. The tree sap splattered over both of them. If horses could look smug, this one did.

He winnied as if to say, 'Now that's what I call funny'.

Then, the black horse walked over to Arato, and dropped a white flower on his head, a reminder of the wedding soon to happen. And...an invitation.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 02:19
"Brilliant," Elladan muttered, trying to disentangle himself from his twin before the sap dried. "Just for that, boy, you won't be getting out of that situation any time soon." Elrohir glared after the horse, pulling himself free of his twin. Arato stiffled laughter.

"It looks like your prank was turned on you once again," Arato said, plucking the flower from the top of his head. He looked at it. "A wedding? Who's getting married and why haven't I heard of this?" He thought for a moment. "Must be Glyndr and Lalaith," he concluded. "I take it we're invited?" The question was directed to Diablo.

"Er... Arato? Is there any way that you'll let us be unstickified?" Aiden asked, reminding the others of their prescence. "I'm really not in the mood to be stuck to him for any period of time."

"Hmmm?" Arato said, turning absently to the boys at the base of the tree. He eyed them for a moment. "I think I'll leave you like that." He slipped off into the garden before the horse could think of doing anything to him, going in search of Erestor. He would ask the elf to untie the two sometime later in the afternoon. The twins left the clearing, going to get the sap off their bodies before anything... amusing happened to their hair and clothing.

"It looks like we're stuck here, until whenever they decide to let us go," Aiden said. "I wonder where Eadoin got to..."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 03:02
(I think I'll go ahead and post to catch up with elflyn, who is a day ahead 0_0 *runs panting* liiive, RD, LIIIVE!)

"Forgive me, Narmion. I should not continue with this destruction of wildlife. I... I was preoccupied." She lapsed into silence, looking slightly dazed. "Um... can we go and find Lalaith? And Glyndr, of course... I would like to congratulate them."

Narmion smiled and stood, holding out his hand to pull her to her feet.
"Indeed- I'm sure we can find them somewhere around here."

He and Amata walked side-by-side until they came upon Lalaith in the garden, speaking with the gardener and considering some floral decorations for the sudden wedding. She happily accepted Amata's congratulations and admitted she had no clue where Glyndr had gotten off to, but that she hoped he was looking for something suitable to wear.

Narmion kept Amata's company for a while longer, finding that he enjoyed it very much. He bade her farewell when he headed off for bed.

*next morning*

Lalaith stood in the confines of her chamber, studying her reflection intently. She still wore her night dress, but she held up her mother's wedding gown against her- an exquisite garment of white that was neither gaudy nor too simple. She had never imagined to wear it so soon...
She took the dress and laid it on the bed, then walked to the window and looked out. The ceremony wasnt to begin until shortly before noon, but she could not have remained in bed another minute. It was her wedding day! Sleep would not come. Smiling quietly, she went to bathe and wash her hair.

----------------------------------

Narmion wandered around, looking for Glyndr. He felt that he needed to speak to his friend- or rather, that his friend needed to speak to him- before the wedding began. He stumbled upon the kelquinti suddenly, startling himself. Glyndr looked- to the younger elf's surprise- somewhat frightened.
"Nervous?" he asked with a grin.

(hope this ok!)
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2005 07:13
"It looks like your prank was turned on you once again," Arato said, plucking the flower from the top of his head. He looked at it. "A wedding? Who's getting married and why haven't I heard of this?" He thought for a moment. "Must be Glyndr and Lalaith," he concluded. "I take it we're invited?" The question was directed to Diablo.

Diablo snorted and nodded his head before cantering off into the garden on a mission of his own.

"C'mon," Rolan growled at Aiden. "I would like t' be ther affore it ends at least." He half pulled, half dragged Aiden with him towards the wedding site.

"Of all the people t' get stuck t', it had to be ye..." he muttered under his breath.
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email