Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Okay NOW my Avatar is Colton Dixon and hopefully, Lin wont have to bang her head, because it should stay like this for awhile.
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, sure. Just when I get used to an avatar, WHAM!, it gets changed. I will make a note of the day and see how long it takes for you to change it....btw, mine will never change.....
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, what happens when we run out of things to say about your avatar in TAAM?? Some of us are just going to have to get clever and start thinking creatively I think I'm only on my 3rd avatar, and compared to some other people on this website, it's not much. I had Aragorn as my first, then i had Kili, and now Colton... unless there's been more that I can't think of...
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I just haven't found the perfect avatar yet. Your's, Lindarielwen, is perfect for you. I just can't think of something that would be good for me...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When we had the avatar pool here, there had to be hundreds and hundreds to choose from. I had several in mind and there were plenty more but I just stopped looking. I was not necessarily an Arwen fan, it was the moving sparkly headpiece that caught my eye. Of course, now, I totally love my avatar and I could not even think of what I would change it to. Well, something of Galadriel and sparkly I guess. No, no, nevermind, I will never change it. You know it is me without even looking at the name..
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, when did they remove the avatar pool? I would very much like to have a moving avatar, but I don't know how to find one :/
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
lotrelessar94, wow, the avatar pool has not been here for years and years. Maybe a mod could answer that question. You know, I seem to think GotPrecious has a moving avatar. Take a look at the Secret Santa thread.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
So I want an avatar that's more Lord of the Rings-y if you know what i mean. I can save selfies for Google+ and stuff, but I feel like mine here has to be somehow related to lotr. Any suggestions???
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
To me, mareth should have fili, lotrelessar should have kili, maxie should have either the one with the violin person or faramir with the bow, because those are the ones I first saw them with... and I should have the wolf!
I always think of people by their avatars... no problem with Lindarielwen there. though
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Yes that is true wolfie! But i don't have a certain picture. I want one that people will know me by. Like, "Hey, do you know who Rodwen is?" "Oh yeah! You mean the girl with the _____ avatar?" "Yeah! Her!" But I don't know which one to pick with and stay with. I'll look around...
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, my interests change wayy too often to just keep it to one avatar for a long time... I like different things at different times, and I like changing things up. But I do understand what you mean, Wolfie. I start thinking of people by whoever or whatever their avatar is
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, same here Rod. I want just the right avi and to not change it...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I do like your North Mareth. It's a very nice picture! Especially around this time of year! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!! I almost forgot, it's Christmas day. HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT HOLIDAY!!!!
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Well, my avatar is NOW Peyton Manning, the best Quarterback EVER!!! hahahahaha dont listen to Maxi XD PATRIOTS STINK!!! Manning will be my avatar till after the Superbowl! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaa!!!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I knew you would be changing your avatar after the Super Bowl , EthelynnGreenleaf. Is it certain the Broncos are going? John Elway, as well, was a great Broncos quarterback.

And, as you all know, I will never change my avatar..
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
It's not certain yet, but I have a good feeling that they will. It will probably end up being Broncos vs. Patriots, which kinda scares me :/

Yes, Elway was GREAT

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Joe Namath. 1969. NY Jets beat Baltimore Colts.
Same year NY Mets beat Baltimore Orioles in the (ahem) World Series in baseball. Same year the NY Knicks beat the Baltimore Bullets in the NBA finals.

<Cheshire Cat grin>
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
P.S.

That year Baltimore was Baltiless.

<snickers>
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Ouch O___O

Hahahahahaaaa XD

Well, my avatar WILL stay Manning, but only a LITTLE longer after the SuperBowl!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am still Maxie the Avatarless, but when I can change my account around again, it will be...say it with me...Thranduil. And it will stay that way for quite awhile, because I think I have annoyed Gandolorin enough for this lifetime.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lady_of_Darkness
Council Member
Send Message
The only time I change mine is if my favorite character has changed (it hasn't). If it hasn't, then it stays the same (my current one of Thorin kind of matches the color of the site, anyway).

And you can have Thranduil, Maxie (too cold and arrogant for my tastes), and I'll keep Thorin (I love him even more in DoS than I did in AUJ, if that's even possible).
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes!

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Dont worry for yall who HATE me for changing my avatar to Manning.
It will change after the Super Bowl
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I don't hate you. No worries.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Mine's currently Elsa from the movie Frozen. I got to see it yesterday and I loved it! It should stay this way for awhile...if it changes it will probably be Elsa's sister, Anna, or a picture of them both together.

[Edited on 01/26/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It's very cute, and it suits you, Mareth!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
It is awesome! Yeah, I think you should keep it. It is a good avi for you.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I can't wait till I get my avi back!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Is something wrong with the avatar changing thing or something?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I tried to set my avatar to something too big, and it completely killed my account settings and edit profile thing. So now I am Maxie the Avatarless. I have been for over a month, and I was told that Rivka is aware, but it is taking forever...I know that Rivka is busy running CoE, and I am SO greatful for that, but I miss my avi...
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I miss it too! :'(
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:I am still Maxie the Avatarless, but when I can change my account around again, it will be...say it with me...Thranduil. And it will stay that way for quite awhile, because I think I have annoyed Gandolorin enough for this lifetime.

If annoyance covers smiling, grinning and chuckling, then you have annoyed me, otherwise no way.

But I AM far better at remembering faces that names at introductions.
It helps if I'm able to write the name down, but you don't get that occasion much at introductions.
Goes for most things I hear, especially people telling me to remember something.
If I write myself a note to remember, I can almost throw the note away for having seen the reminder written (I keep the notes anyway, safer that way).

And then there was in interesting little "test", actually more of a demonstration, in a seminar I took some time ago.
I was among those given a text of description and had to find something described there.
None of us had gotten past the first line of perhaps five lines in the paragraph when the other group all called out the solution.
They had been given a picture and half a line telling them what to look for.

So we ALL recognize pictures (and especially faces!) far more quickly that we can read text.
But now a few of the names are beginning to stick in memory, though a change in avatar still makes me pause ...

If people were to SWITCH avatars, however, this might throw me off-balance more severely.

(Dummy, you should have deleted that last line, just giving them ideas!!!!!)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*Lightbulb goes off above head.*

Oh, wait...never mind.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
My avatar is my favorite character from LOTR! LEGOLAS!!! hahahahaa i had to change him back from Manning now that the SuperBowl is over.
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email