Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LostStarz
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What was the best song in the films?
on: August 17, 2005 05:43
This was very hard for me to vote for because I love the music from the movies, but to narrow it down with the choices I went with The Stewart of Gondor because I just love Billy's voice it made me cry the first time I saw him sing it. But my all time fave is May It Be its so beautiful.
Into the West
30% (2)
Concerning Hobbits
7% (6)
The Stewart of Gondor (featuring Billy Boyd)
23% (2)
Many Meetings
0% (0)
Other
38% (3)
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: August 21, 2005 08:56
My favorites are Twilight and Shadow and The End of all Things from RotK. and Bridge of Khazad Dum from Fellowship. I guess it is their voices that get me.
Beriedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2005 01:51
I chose other because I love Evenstar and Arwen's Song:love:
Sam_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 04:35
I love all the soundtracks. I really liked concerning hobits because of how I could picture the shire and its subtlety from merely listening to it. But I voted Into the West because of how well it fits the story.
Lady_Dreamer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 05:48
I like Smeagol's song the best. It's so haunting and sad. I also like Arwen and Aragorn's song, Nazgul song, Lorien song, Into the West and Pippin's song.
hobbitee
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 12:33
I voted Into The West because it was just so beautiful and really fit the ending, when Frodo left for the Undying Lands. I also like In Dreams, I always thought it was a pretty cute song.
Celebnor
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 05:15
I chose other because for me it is impossible to choose. I love 'Concerning Hobbits', 'The Council of Elrond', 'The Ring Goes South', 'Lothlorien', 'May it Be', 'The Riders of Rohan' 'The Uruk-hai', 'The Hornburg', 'Gollum's Song'...

I would post all of my favorites, but it would be too long and everybody would skip my post because it is just too long. Basically, I love most of them. But, my favorite that isn't on the soundtrack is definetly Merry and Pippin's drinking song from Fellowship of the Ring.
The_seventh_Ringbearer
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 03:34
Into the West, plain and simple. I think it is the most beautiful song in the trilogy and was a perfect way to end it. :disco:
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 03:19
Ooh, this is hard, but I love Into the West.
arwen7
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 04:01
I really like the song that Billy Boyd is singing in the movie(i voted for it), but this is so sad scene that tears come to my eyes every time i see it. May It Be i like to listen too and Into The West fills my heart with longing for something.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 12:21
This is so hard to chose... I really like Gollum's Song because it's very unique and In Dreams is very good too. Knowing me, I'll probably change my mind on this tomorrow. I just can't decide!
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2005 01:13
I'm stuck between Into the West and Liv Tyler's song... Into the West makes me cry because of the story behind it... and Ms. Tyler's song is too pretty.... ::sigh:: ...Why can't i sing like that? :cry:
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 08:30
In order:
The one Billy (aka Pippin) sings (Steward scene)
May It Be
Into the West
In Dreams
Evenstar theme
Concerning Hobbits
Last March of the Ents (the music in the background)

Turwaithiel_Melannen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 07:34
I voted other. My favourites are Evenstar, Aniron, Into The West, May It Be, In Dreams, the song Eowyn sings in extended Two Towers and the song from the houses of healing scene that Liv Tyler sings.
Ninjoo
Craziness' Spiritual Caretaker
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 09:15
Oh, i really love Into the West, but the Rohan theme is also high on my list! But to be honest, i can't choose! I've given my dad the sheet music for piano and all the songs are just so beautiful! Everytime he plays it, i'll swoon and picture the movies in my head. :love:
_~yAsmInKaa~_
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 11:38
i voted for Into the West.It's beautiful song;it makes me cry every time i hear it.:cry: beside,annie lennox is amazing singer;her voice is wonderful.
i think howard shore did a great job...all the songs are excellent.:love:
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2005 02:58
I voted for The Steward Of Gondor, but I seriously cannot decide, lol
Calaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2005 01:46
My favourite was The breaking of the Fellowship. It's really touching and spell-binding. Image
buubear
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2005 05:48
my favorite is into the west

i do agree that all tne music is fantastic
Shadowfaxie
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 07:44
My fave melody/song in the whole trilogy is Forth Eorlingas from TTT. After that comes Minas Tirith from ROTK and Breaking of the Fellowship from FOTR. But I love most of the songd actually. Hard to pick just one! I love the Rohan theme too! And I love all the songs too, May It Be, Gollums Song and Into the West!
Caleniel41
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 07:50
May it Be! Enya has such an awesome voice :heart: But there is also this song "Use Well the Days" that they were going to put at the end of ROTK but they chose Into the West instead. It's also sung by Annie Lennox.
Gandalf12
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 09:12
Though I started to listen Into the West more, I chose other cause I like that little song Aragorn sings about Beren and Luthien in FOTR EE.
lothlorien_is_heaven
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2010 05:03
Isengard Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!
lijahluver
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2010 03:51
I think "May it Be" is my favorite
PeaceForMiddleEarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2010 06:07
Oooo.....I choose Other. I love every single song in LOTR, but my heart goes out to Use Well the Days, by Annie Lennox. It's so moving.
squeryk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2011 05:34
It is truly hard to decide, for all music in The Lord Of The Rings is great. But if must I choose one, I choose the peace and relief and sadness of 'The Grey Havens'. For we all have our parts to play in the world of the big folk, and we all seek peace.
ConstanceSingalday
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2011 04:03
I really liked the song sung in Lothlorien lamenting Gandalf's passing. There was someone online who did some very short but very lovely tracks based on that one, but I can't find her now. She layered her self Enya-style over and over again and sang in Quenya and Sindarin. I can't even remember her name since it was a couple years ago that I stumbled on her work. If anyone knows who that is, I would LOVE to know.
Katharine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2011 07:28
Best song? Mmm. I'd have to call it a tie between Grey Havens/Helm's Deep/Lothlorien/Foundations of Stone/White Tree.

Sheesh. Howard Shore is awesome, and I am indecisive. A bad combination.
Aragorn11
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2011 03:03
Although Into the west is beautiful and makes me emotional thinking of when Frodo hugs Sam goodbye, The White Tree is definately my favorite. Especially when they light all the torches.
moderndancer_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2011 11:58
My favorite song would have to be Into The West. I know it is sad, but I like it because of the powerful emotions it perceives and I have yet to come accross any modern day songs that ever do that, unless you counted putting a dance in one. I have seen many dances where they can relate to situations, and they all had really moved me, but Into The West was the first song (besides another one I like) that had really made me become so emotional.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What was the best song in the films?
on: January 06, 2013 09:49
Fast forward to The Hobbit. It is Misty Mountains Cold for me! Perhaps that song will be the final song at the end of There and Back Again.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 11:32
Let's see...right now it's a tie between Into The West and Use Well The Days. But I'm still waiting to see what the soundtracks for the next two Hobbit movies will be like, since they might have something that I end up liking more than the two I mentioned above. It would be interesting though, to hear what the Mirkwood/Wood Elves would sing about, or at least how the song will sound. I would almost imagine something slightly Celtic.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Elendome
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2013 02:47
I personally love The Evenstar, and also the music that plays when they enter the great halls of Moria. The Rohan music is also pretty neat.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Concerning Hobbits is my favourite, so happy and summery...
you need to be smoking some fine pipe weed infront of your hobbit hole to fully appreciate it!!
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
"Other", because the whole musical feel of the films is just great.
~Nev~
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email