Register

<< First1718192021
Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elrond/Hugo Weaving Fans! [Part II]
on: April 04, 2007 01:48
okay, i thought I'd come in here and say.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUGO!

drinks all around! :cheers:
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Hakarushin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 02:43
Image HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUGO!!! Image
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: April 05, 2007 03:28
Does anyone know what Hugo's been up to lately? Like any new movies and such?
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2007 07:58
His most recent movie, to my knowledge, was Happy Feet. I LOVED it.... that accent he puts on for Noah.... :love:
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
liten
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2007 09:59
He's filming an aussie movie with Rose Byrnes and Matt LeNevez in Melbourne right now and late last year he was in the US for an indie movie, The Key Man, with Jack Davenport.

You can find the latest info here and here
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 01:59
*calmly sweeps the dust out of the thread* Ladeeda...

*restrains self from telling bad jokes to liven up the place* Heheh...

I might have a picture to post one of these days, of an UBER CUTE Elrond plushie my mom made me for Christmas! :love:
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 11:16
*helps Ireth remove cobwebs from Elrond's eyebrows*

Bad jokes as in 'corny, groan type jokes', Ireth, or just downright :nono:

And it would be lovely to see your very cute Elrond plushie.

I hope the film is going to be on general release and not just the Australian circuit. That would be a pity.

I loved Elr ... oops, Hugo in The Matrix ... very sinister. But then he does that so well, how could he not with those eyebrows. Lol!! Although I didn't enjoy the movie very much....but that's a different story.

And he was excellent in Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 06:42
yeah, it's kind of odd to see Hugo play such a baddie, then go and play Elrond, sort of funny. He is a great actor.

I will probably be the first to say this in this thread, but I don't think Hugo is hot or cute or anything, I just popped in because I think he is mega cool. *ducks away from the vicious Hugo fans*

Come on! I said he was cool!
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 02:24
Bad jokes as in 'corny, groan type jokes', Ireth, or just downright :nono:

Lol! I mean corny jokes. Hakarushin would KILL me if I told my latest contrivance. I had to swear never to say it again.

yeah, it's kind of odd to see Hugo play such a baddie, then go and play Elrond, sort of funny. He is a great actor.

Oh yes... I was recently talking to a friend of mine, who just RAVED about his performance in V for Vendetta. "A man who can make a *mask* look like it's raising an eyebrow," she said, "is a GREAT actor." And I completely agree.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 03:08
I have not seen V for Vendetta yet, but it looks interesting.
I would love to see it just for Hugo's performance.
Hakarushin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 12:40
Well I wouldn't kill you Ireth, I like you too much. Maybe I'd slap one of your sisters or something..
So who here likes to draw pictures of Hugo an such and considers themselves creative?
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2007 12:19
I actually plan to experiment with drawing Hugo in anime... should be interesting, lol.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2008 11:56
I love Hugo Weaving. Especially as Elrond! :love:
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2008 12:03
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUGO!!! :love:

He's 48 today! :disco: *sweeps cobwebs and dust out of the forum and hangs streamers and balloons, then brings out a huge cake*

[Edited on 4/4/2008 by Ireth_Telrunya]
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2008 12:36
*takes slice of cake* Happy birthday, Elrond... er, I mean, Hugo!

Well, I'm not really a fan of Hugo Weaving, per se, *takes cover* but he is really excellent as Elrond. The facial expressions in particular look so... well... genuine, I suppose, is the word I'm looking for. And... erm... the eyebrows are funny.
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2009 06:53
Wow, it's empty in here... *gets out a broom and dustpan and starts sweeping out the place*

Happy 49th birthday, Hugo!!

*...echo, echo, echo...*
OldToby
CoE Vounteer
Send Message
on: September 27, 2009 06:09
I agree Ireth_Telrunya...but I think that will change soon with the filming of the Hobbit. :love: I just hope we can get a few Hobbit conventions out of this....they are so fun!
“ Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.” J.R.R. Tolkein The Hobbit
Aino
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2010 06:46
Hi there! I saw The Wolfman today, with Hugo playing Detective Aberline. The movie was OK in my opinion (not too bad but nothing new either), but Hugo was simply gorgeous, in spite of the beard.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2011 10:00
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Landaur/Almost_kiss.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Landaur/Almost_kiss2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Landaur/Almost_kiss3.jpg)

The way the picture looks, the chick sorta looks like me, only older... That means I can pretend it's me!!
liten
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2011 01:08
I'm certainly looking forward to an announcement - Elrond (and Hugo!) shouldn't be missing from the new movies!
Cass
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2011 05:49
Let's get this thread going ....

IMDB has only casted Hugo as Elrond for Hobbit part II which I do not know why.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2011 05:14
Really? O.o; That's weird. Is Elrond in part I at all, or is there just going to be a different actor playing him, do you think? Or maybe IMDB made a mistake. It happens.
Cass
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2011 05:22
I think IMDB has made a mistake. Since Elrond is an elf, so his face doesn't change. They don't need a younger actor.
He has to be on the first part two. Wikipedia has cast him for both.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2011 10:14
Cass, you are absolutely right! I can't believe PJ hasn't caught that! Then again, look what he did to the movies! Not that they weren't the greatest thing since sliced bread, but they were missing a lot and the 'you will be called the Fellowship of the Ring' bit sounded like Elrond said the first thing that popped into his head! If I remember correctly, and I might not be, I don't believe anyone offically named the Fellowship. But I haven't read it since '08, so I might be off. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2011 06:11
Happy birthday Hugo!
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2011 10:34
I can't believe I forgot Hugo's birthday *is very ashamed now* Happy very belated birthday Hugo!!

I'm very happy, that he is going to play Elrond in the Hobbit Movies!!
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2011 10:38
:O He is??? He's been confirmed now?? YAY!!! :disco:
Hakarushin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2011 03:14
Well now, look at this, old times huh.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2011 08:21
*tackles* Old times indeed. ^_^ Haven't seen you around here in ages!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: May 09, 2011 03:16
I love this thread! :love: Hi, guys!!

Now that we have a confirmed Hugo Weaving as Elrond for the Hobbit films, we should have lots to talk about! More Elrond!! Yeeesssssss I am so happy. I was SO close to boycotting the movies in anger until he was confirmed.
coral
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Elrond/Hugo Weaving Fans! [Part II]
on: March 19, 2012 08:31
I miss Elrond so much... Hope December will come sooner when I'll be able to watch the Hobbit. Hugo Weaving somehow mathes really well with his character.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Elrond/Hugo Weaving Fans! [Part II]
on: April 04, 2012 01:59
Happy 52nd birthday, Hugo Weaving! XD
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Hi all, I have a question. I've seen a lot of things about an "Agent Elrond" I'm assuming there is a movie in which Hugo plays as a detective or spy. Can anyone explain this to me and give me the name of that movie?

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
That's a reference to the Matrix trilogy, in which Hugo plays a character named Agent Smith.
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
I am glad to see I am not the only Elrond fan still alive!!
Who besides me was in Middle Earth heaven to see Elrond in the Hobbit movies? My favorite Hobbit Elrond scenes:
Elrond rides into Rivendell on his beautiful black horse;
Elrond's expression when he sees the dwarves bathing in the fountain (in the EE). (Poor Elrond!)
Elrond fighting the Nazguls in BOFA: This is just about my favorite scene in BOFA!
And I love all the other Elrond appearances in the Hobbit as well. Hopefully the EE of BOFA will have more.
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
<< First1718192021
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email