Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
Post a light in these dark times (Mostly Free) Inviting more people to join!!! Please come play!
on: March 13, 2005 01:49
OOC/ my char. is in the database if you want to check it out. she's an elf. there are only a few rules which are: 1 - please use spell check before you post. 2 - make sure you read the other posts well so you know what's going on, don't post false info. :OOC

Sydelle rode her stallion out of the gates of Rivendell and onto the road. She had a wide parol and wanted to get done with it as soon as possible. From the River Lune, to the misty moutains, west to the sea, and south down on the Old South Road. " Come on Leandril, we have a long road ahead of us. where would you like to go first?" Her horse whinnied and pawed at the ground towards the Halls of Evendim. " North it is. We shall pass through the Shire on our way."

[Edited on 17/3/2005 by elven_princess14]

[Edited on 2/5/2005 by elven_princess14]
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: a light in these dark times (Mostly Free) Inviting more people to join!!! Please come play!
on: March 14, 2005 02:37
(ooo can i join? My characters aren't in the CoE database... but they're fun! )

Nightshade Death sat at the edge of a table in a tavern at the Shire, siwrling the beer around in his mug. It was more funt o watch it foam than to actually drink it... he took a puch from his pocket, jingling the stolen gems and coins absently, then spreading them on the table to count them. Greedy eyes watched him, and he turned them away with a simple stare. A stare that had in it the mark of a retired assassin...
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: a light in these dark times (Mostly Free) Inviting more people to join!!! Please come play!
on: March 14, 2005 04:16
-x-OOC: my character is not yet in the database but I plan on getting him there soon. Sorry if the post is long. -x-

Brannon chuckled softly to himself. The morning still seemed young with the peaceful song of the birds and the soft winds that lightly brushed its own path. The hobbit zig zagged his way across a wide open plain but was not alone; behind him trotted a young horse [not a pony of which hobbits are normally seen mounted upon] whose black eyes glinted thoughtfully towards the sun and his thin legs wobbled about playfully. The creature whinnied and took a light nip to Brannon's shoulder. He whirled around slowly and gave the black paint horse a light pat on its nostrils. 'Don't be so impatient,' he laughed again.
After many minutes of walking, Brannon brought the horse up to a wooden perched fence where he had it stand. 'Steady now.' he insisted to both himself and the horse. Finally he drew himself onto the fowl's bare back and clung lightly to the mane. 'So far so good, right, Arahm?' The young horse gave an excited whinny then took from the fence in a merry gallop which with each step increased speed. Brannon laughed nerviously and kept his posture haunched slightly as the speed increased but eventually Arahm gave a swift turn and Brannon toppled right off and onto the ground. Immidiately Arahm stopped and looked back, being sure to crane his small neck before actualy walking over.
He stooped his neck low at the body and sniffed it cautiously. A soft whinny broke loose and he nudged the figure lightly. The perfect timing. Brannon peeked one eye open and then the other and quickly hopped up in spooked play with the fowl. 'Got you!' he laughed again while Arahm knickered poutingly with a bit of a retreat then returned back to Brannon's side. 'I don't know about you but I think I need a nice drink.' Arahm stomped in agreement and Brannon led the way from the plain down to the river where he instinctively stooped before sitting on the dampened river bed.
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 05:52
(Mind if I join? my char is in the DB)

"Sydelle! Please wait my lady!"Iciris said as he was riding his horse very fast behind her. "I am Iciris of Rivendell. King Theoden ordered me to come with you to keep you safe on your journey." He said as he finally caught up to her. "So, were are you off to?"

[Edited on 16/3/2005 by Iciris]

elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 11:33
Sydelle stopped. " Alright then Iciris of Rivindell, come with me. we are going to the Shire first." She answered

/OOC i don't mind you peoples joining! the more the better...well, for alittle while. lol :OOC
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 12:11
"Thanks you my lady" Iciris said. "Whats this Shire that you speek of ma lady?"

(Somtimes for the first few post I have no clue what to say lol)
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 12:34

'Well, that's all I can handle, what about you, Arahm?' The hobbit looked over his shoulder and to the small fowl lying on his side in the sun. 'Lazy creature,' Brannon chuckled to himself before walking over and planting his hands on his hips. 'Come on, get up.' Arahm gave a whinny of protest but eventually staggered back onto his feet and shook his neck wearily. 'That's a lad.' Brannon complimented before clumsily swinging himself atop the creature's back. 'Now, hopefully this time will be better.' He gave a light kick to Arahm and the small horse took off in a light trot which again led to a gallop. This time, no one fell off; everything went fine.

Near mid-evening he made halt at the border of the Shire and gazed out at the lands of the other folk; of much bigger folk than his kindred. 'Odd ones there,' he whispered silently.
He took a long break to allow Arahm to take a light nap then eventually, reawakened the horse. 'Alright, one more ride for today. I promise.' Arahm's ears turned inward and he scudled away a few feet before turning his head completely to two forms riding swiftly towards the boundary of the Shire. The fowl gave a loud whinny and trotted procrastinately back to Brannon who remained still in a silent dread of what was approaching. Once back in the right place of mind, he swung himself up on Arahm's back and kicked the sides lightly. 'Quickly now, ride hard.' Arahm strolled backwards nervously but as the sound of pounding hooves became louder, leapt forward and away.
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 01:59
((Hey can I join? My character is in the data base))

A dark haired man watched the two figures approach. At least he appeared to be a man. Though a close look would believe you to think otherwise. His canine teeth we slightly longer and sharper than normal. His face was neutral, showing no emotion. A small black cat meowed at him.
"Yes I know you're hungry. But we haven't time to hunt." he replied. "I am going to ask these people to spare some food."
The cat meowed again.
"No, we're not begging." he answered sharply. The figures were closer, he stepped out of the bushes, the people seemed alarmed.
"Don't be afraid, I will not harm you." he said. One was looking at the sword strapped to his side, the other was looking at his mouth, he knew they saw his sharp teeth.
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 04:45
"What is your busness with us?!" Iciris said has he guided his horse infront of Sydelle. Icirs pulled his sword and stepped off his horse......

(I like that.. are you some sort of "gullom" or somthing. becouse he sounds alsome lol)

StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 05:39
((Hope you don't mind me joining, my character is in the DB))

A gray blur streaked into the road heading for the small black cat but a sharp whistle echoed in the air. The large gray wolf stopped moving but crouched down as if ready to pounce at any moment. A figure emerged from the bushes but froze when she saw the other people there.
"I'm sorry if Hour, that stupid wolf, scared you. He has a strange fascination with cats." She turned towards the man whom she assumed was the owner. "But don't worry he just likes to play with them. He would never hurt your cat." Alassë smiled brightly at the man and said to the group in general. "My name is Alassë Yávëtil and Hour is my wolf."
She scowled a little when she saw that the male elf had drawn his sword out. She had the feeling that she had walked into a not so friendly group of people. "I mean you no harm. I am a traveler and I set up camp a little ways from here. I was just trying to keep my wolf from getting into trouble."
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 05:56
Kerwin seemed surprised by the wolf. But drew his attention to the male elf.
"All I request is some food and water." he replied bowing slightly. "I am merely a innocent nomad. As for your wolf, I don't think it could hurt Dolan. He is quick and bad-tempered."
The elves seemed to be deciding what to think about him. Kerwin waited patiently.

((No Iciris, he's not exactly a gollum. I've actually taking him out of one of my stories that I'm writing. Though in that he has ears and a tail too."
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 05:57
Iciris put his sword back in the holder. He glanced at the dark man and then walked over to the traviler. " Nice to meet you. I am Iciris of Rivendell and this is Sydelle of Rohan. We were on our way to The Shire." Iciris tarted to walk back to his horse and jumped back on. "If you would like to come with us you may hurry to Edoras and get a horse. We will wait here. Not far behind of us you should go." Iciris said. "Im sorry for drawing my sword at you." He said as he was bowing to the man. "If you tell me your name I will give you some food for you and your pet cat!"

StardustAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 06:44
Alassë shivered a little at the thought of getting on a horse but tried to push it aside and turned to the unnamed man.
"Though it would be nice to know your name I would like to offer everyone some food. Hour and I just hunted for meat and were getting ready to eat when Hour took off. If you will follow me to my camp we can all eat together." She smiled and patted the side of her thigh. Hour stood up and walked over to her side but continued to glance at the cat.
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 06:57
"Thanks for the offer. I guess we could take a bit of time off for a brake" Iciris said.
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 05:00
Sydelle scoweled, She didn't like to pause. She wanted to get her patrol done as soon as possible, but when she looked at the hungry cat she decided that they could rest for alittle while. " My name is Sydelle. Please feel free to eat of our food." She said turning to the nomad and his cat. Sydelle pulled out some fruit, bread, meat and elvish water, and handed it to him. Then she pulled out some for herself and Iciris.
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 05:04
/OOC I don't mind all of you joining, but I will only let 2 more peoples do so, because I already falling behind. lol :OOC
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 08:02
"Thank you." Kerwin said excepting the food. "My name is Kerwin, my cat is Dolan. But you need not wait for me to get a horse," With that he used his powers and transformed into a black cat. Someone gasped.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 06:03
Brannon soon ended his flight and pulled Arahm to a slow halt. The poor colt was frothing and immidiately bent his front knees enough so he plopped lazily down on the grass. Brannon chuckled and carefully slide off and tooka comfortable seat next to the colt who was now pulling blades of grass from the earth and munching on them loudly. Without an ounce of thought, Brannon instinctively pulled a short, wooden pipe from an inside pocket and drew it up to his mouth. Now this was the proper hobbit behavior.

He inhaled and slowly released as to practice his smoke rings and exhaled. The many times of practicing had finally paid off. A large ring of smoke was sent flowing forward then slowly disappeared as it flew higher into the air. After many much enjoyed minutes, he placed the pipe back into his pocket and stood back onto his feet. Arahm slowly lifted his head and knickered silently before wobbling up beside his master. Brannon gave a small group to the group formed a ways behind him and gave a startled jump. One of them sunk! Sunk low until he couldn't see him anymore! Brannon backed up and almost immidately tripped over his own footing. With a startled cry, he stood back up and climbed on Arahm's back. 'Strange, strange folk these days...'
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 04:54
Sydelle watched with intent as Kerwin shrunk into a cat. " What magic is this, that a human can change form?" She gasped. Stepping back, she sensed someone watching. At this she turned and saw a hobbit. /OOC(am I right? lol) :OOC His horse had collapsed from over exertion. She grabbed some food and water, and sprinted over to the tired horse. " Suilad, I am Sydelle, we will not harm you. We were making our way towards the Shire. What evil has made you flee so fast?" She fed the horse and poured water in the horses mouth as she talked.
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 08:40
Kerwin's sharp ears picked up the sound of the hobbit fall, quiet as it was. He transformed back and rushed to Sydelle, the hobbit and his horse.

"I'm sorry, did I startle you?" he asked concerned. "It startles most people, but don't worry, I won't bring any harm to you."
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 11:56
Brannon stared up at the two large figures in silence; he now knew how the ants felt like when crawling next to one of his kin's feet. His gave would shift back and forth between Kerwin and Sydelle many times before he finally spoke. 'Well, I'm not too used to seeing your kind here at all. Only a great once in a while. It just startled me to see you all bunched together and in conversation; as if you were planning some sort of mischief.' He quickly chuckled at his own stupidity. 'But if you are meaning no harm and tend to bring none with you. Brannon of Buckland at your service.' He bowed low with proper introduction then looked to Arahm, the horse seemed much better now. 'That is Arahm, you startled him just as much as you started me. Perhaps even more.'

Brannon kept silent for a minute then focused his eyes intently on Kerwin. 'What was that about? I saw you sink...' His voice fadded a bit while his eyes stared far off.
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 12:58
The hobbit, Brannon of Buckland, seemed to be alright, as was his horse. he looked at Kerwin intently.

[/i]"What was that about? I saw you sink . . ."[i] he trailed off and stared somewhere behind Kerwin. He looked back and saw something far away. Panic gripped him for a moment, but it could not be them. They wouldn't think him to come this close to the Rohan. Would they?

"Come, we should find safety." Kerwin said urgently.

((sorry guys. It's fixed now.))

[Edited on 20/3/2005 by Nevaeh__Elenath]
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 05:17
/OOC we are not close to the shire yet. that's where we are going. but that's o.k. everyone messes up lol I've done that waaaay to many times! hehe :OOC

"Yes, Kerwin is right let us make hast! As soon as this hobbit's horse is ready to leave, then we will go." Sydelle answered.
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 06:43
(Infact we are still in rohan! I was getting cunfuzed when all that was happening lol)
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 05:14
[] -ooc- Oye, sorry about that. I wasn't thinking and completely fast forwarded the travel. *swacks forehead* sorry. I do that sometimes. :twitch: []

elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 05:29
/OOC that's o.k. ! lol it's funny. :OOC
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 04:38
I THINK I may leave becouse it got a bit confuzing unless somhow ou can delete most of the confuzing post...
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 03:59
:OOC what is confusing you? /OOC

Sydelle called to everyone, " I am leaving now to continue my journey, anyone who wants to come along may do so." And with that, she packed up and got on her horse.
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 12:08
((Yeah, I fixed my post, apologies!!! Sorry, that was my fault))

"I will travel with you m'lady." Kerwin said. "At least for a while." He transformed into a cat and jumped onto the back of her horse. "I will ride here. If you don't mind of course."

((Sorry, kinda short. Out of ideas at the moment.))
Iciris
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 11:38
(( NO! not your falt. the hobbit thinks were in the shire lol)))
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 02:04
[]-ooc- yeah, i'm guilty. Very sorry about it, wasn't thinking very well when I posted.[]

-BIC-
Brannon smiled excitedlyand climbed back onto Arahm's bck. The horse gave a loud whinny then trootted by it's own will in a small circle. 'Be still a moment, Arahm.' Brannon chuckled, pulling the creature to a jolting halt. 'I will come along as well, if you don't mind of course.'
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 06:39
:OOC oh no! twas not your fault! /OOC

Sydelle answered, " No! I do not mind at all! I shall be glad for some more company! And I'm sure my horse will not mind you sitting on him." She said with a laugh.
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 07:00
:OOC death to oatmeal!??!?!? lol /OOC
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 07:07
"We best be off then." Kerwin said, as Dolan leaped up beside him. "I know a few people that are trying to find me, and if they do, it will not be pretty."

((Sorry it's so short!!))
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 03:09
[] lol, yes 'death to oatmeal'[]

His head perked slightly as Kerwin announced some folk being after him and slightly slumped down in the saddle. 'Well, if that is the case we can take extra precautions so they don't find you.'
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email