Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
Post A House in Minas Tirith (open to all)
on: April 01, 2005 05:04
A small house beside the cobblestone street.... an inn not far away up the road and the barracks of Gondor's soldiers a little farther. The inn being the place where soldiers drown their doubt in ale after a battle.

Now, in this small house as the sun sets along the horizon a candle flickers on in the window and a smooth hands reside back within the rooms. Katana, widow to a soldier of Gondor, slowly began to end the day. Dusting her hands off on her apron, she smiled grimly and shook her head as she heard the faint shouts and drinking songs from the inn starting to begin...."Men and their sorrows" she mumbled.

Katana reached over to the candle she had just lit and picked it up, looking out the window as she did. The sky was a darkening gray and the rumble of thunder could be heard faintly in the distance.... she sighed and closed the window shutters.

She turned toward her bed to get ready for a comfortable sleep during the storm to come. The house was merely one large room and roof, connected along one wall to the white stone of the city's mountain. The houses around were the same accept rising up higher, some with stairways to the road below.

Katana put the wax candle down on a bedside table, reaching up to the pins that keep her long hair back into an elegant bun and took them out, letting the smooth locks cascade about her shoulders...*bang* some was trying to come in and Katana jumped in shock, her gaze turned sharply upon the door....

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by LumanaraSage]
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A House in Minas Tirith (open to all)
on: April 01, 2005 11:31
Loriel walked through the street of Minas Tirith to her house. Passing the inn, she shook her head at the sound of songs and shouting. "Edain," she muttered and walked on.

Loriel was halfelven. Her father was an Elf from the Golden wood, and her mother from Minas Tirith. They were both dead now; her mother from grief, because her father had been killed on the borders of Lorien.

The sound of a bang was heard loud and clear. Loriel jerked her head around, making her long, silvery-black hair fly. A man, drunk, probably, was trying to get into a house. She ran to him and patted his shoulder. Turning around he saw only a lenched fist and then darkness took him.

Loriel let the man slid to the floor, before she gently knocked on the door.
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 05:52
Hastily Katana re-did her hair, walking to the door slowly. Then she heard the sound of a punch and a heavy form falling to the ground. She opened her door quickly and saw an woman there and the still form of a man unconscious, a very drunk man by the look of him.

"Thank you for saving me" she said to the lady, "that man would have taken my house apart if he had gotten in...I forgive him though, soldiers never know what they do when their like that. Oh! where are my manners, please come if you like and make yourself comfortable" Katana opened the door wider allowing the lady inside with a smile....
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 07:26
Loriel smiled and thought it curious that she had lived in this part fo the city for all her life and never saw the woman she saved before. Walking into the house she smiled: "I did no big thing; anyone, who would see that drunk thing would do the same. Buth forgive me, I did not introduce myself; my name is Loriel."
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 12:44
Katana curtsied, "and mine is Katana...formally of a house but now merely of Gondor and the city of Minas Tirith" she smiled, "Please have a seat, I'll brew us some tea". Katana bustled around in a cupboard momentarily and soon came back with two steaming mugs, one of which she handed to Loriel.

"So, would you like to tell me more about yourself Loriel ?" she sipped some of her tea and watched Loriel, listening with interest....
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 04:30
OCC: May I join??
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 04:49
(Yes you may ~Shire_Hobbit~ Yes you may )
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 10:26
Loriel smiled and took a sip from her cup: "There is not much to tell, really. I live in this area also; in my mother's house. You might have known her, her name was Miriam." She searched for words. "I live alone; my mother died of grief when my father, an Elf of the Golden wood, was killed in battle. I know not if I have any living relatives on my father's side. I know I have none on my mother's." She was quiet for a while, sipping her tea, listening to the shouting and singing, and the soft rumbling from the distance. "A storm is coming," she said with a worried note in her voice.
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 06:01
Outside, Alcari, a young red-haired Gondorian woman, ran through the rain. She had been running all day, up from the plains outside the city. She should have kept going until she reached the citadel to report back to the steward, but she was ready to drop from exhaustion and he was too drunk to notice anyway. She detested having to serve him, but her father had died a few years ago, and it was just her and her mother left. She had to support them, so she disguised herself as a boy and went to work as a scout for Denethor. Now, ready to faint from the running, she knocked on the first door she came to (Katana's door).
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 08:21
"Oh" Katana looked down as Loriel finished her tale with saddness. "A storms coming". Katana nodded in agreement then replied "I'm very sorry to have brought up a sad moment in your life into a discussion, but I understand your feelings and am also under the same sad burden...sometimes it is best to tell someone about it, it frees the spirit from lonliness at times"

Then a second knock on the door, "Who could that be?" Katana muttered softly as she stood and walked to the door. As she opened it a scout of the stewards' house fell in the door unconcious. "Oh dear"

Katana quickly took hold of the situation and lifted the young boy from the floor, "Close that door for me Loriel, thank you". With a bit of effort Katana got the scout over to a chair and in it comfortably. "Poor dears, they are always sent out to far...they're not horses. Look at this one, drunk and exhausted, why do they do such things" she continued to mutter away as she examined the scout for any serious injuries, seeing aswell that this young one was no ordinary scout...(she noticed that Alari was a girl) but didn't say anything. "Loriel, watch him closely...when he wakes he'll probably be a little frightened"

Just as Katana began to gather a few herbs from one of her cupboards the scout began to come-round....
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 02:38
Alcari sat up suddenly. "Wha...? Where am I??" she muttered. She looked at her surroundings. A woman was reaching for herbs in a cupboard. A half-elf sat watching Alcari, so when she sat up she made sure her disguise was still intact. Satisfied that it was, she turned to the woman gathering the herbs. "Thank you for taking me in," she said. "My name is Alcari."
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 02:54
Loriel did as she was told and closed the door, then sat back to watch the scout. He was so young...the Half Elf even imagined she saw some girl's features. When the scout came around, she smiled and said: "Nice to meet you, Alcari; my name is Loriel."

She fell into thoughts about how the Lord was pushing the limits. Those poor boys...they were sent too far, and without horses! If only there would be a way to stop this madness...
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 07:29
"Nice to meet you Loriel," Alcari said politely. "I should have reported to the steward hours ago, but I'm sure he's drunk as usual and won't notice the difference. Thank you for taking me in. I was on my way back from scouting along the plains, near that tree fringe out there. I was exhausted when I reached the city, and collapsed with the effort of knocking on the door. I'm sorry to have disturbed you."
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 12:37
"It's alright Alcari" said Katana as she walked back to Alcari and Loriel with a glass in her hands. "just thank the heavens you got a chance to rest, if you had continued on to the steward you would have been in no condition to give a report and the consequences much worse than arriving late" she smiled, "Here-" she handed Alcari the cup "some of my special herbs mixed into cider, it'll give you strength and clear your head"
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 01:33
(can I play? My character has black hair and green eyes.)
When Lamis heard the rain, she ran to her backyard and climbed into her tree. She grabbed her kiten and jumped down, running back into her house. Once inside, she breathed a sigh of relief, then petted her soaked kitten. "I's ok, Magpie, I'll get you all washed off," she soothed. Lamis walked to her room and dried Magpie with a blanket. Lamis looked out her window and saw a light and some figures in the house down the street. "I wonder what their doing?" she asked herself. She set Magpie down and walked to her window. She heard a clap of thunder as she opened her window. Not caring if she got wet, Lamis climbed out her window and shut it. Then, turning towards the house, she ran towards it as fast as she could go. When she reached it, she tapped lightly on the door and waited for an answer.
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 03:46
Alcari slowly sipped the herb-cider. For medicine, it tasted pretty good. She could feel her strength returning slowly. She hoped that Denethor had drunk a lot. It wasn't all that important, she hadn't seen anything of interest, so he wouldn't mind much. The people seemed really nice here. She was just beginning to settle down and get used to the surroundings when a light tap on the door caused her to jump. Turning to Katana she said "I think you have another visitor, m'am."

[Edited on 5/4/2005 by ~Shire_Hobbit~]

[Edited on 5/4/2005 by ~Shire_Hobbit~]
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 04:40
Lamis tapped again, waiting for an answer. "I think you have another visitor, m'am,"said someone from inside. It was raining harder now, and Lamis was getting soaked. She didn't want to bother the people inside, but she wanted to meet the owner of this beautiful house. She looked behind her and saw someone walking to her, swaying as he came. "Oh great," she thought.
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 08:09
"I think you have another visitor, m'am."

Katana looked perplexed and went to the door quickly, opening it to let in the young girl who stood there. Katana then looked out the door and saw the swaying figure among the sheets of rain and slammed the door quickly, barracading it with a thick board of oak across the door way. "That will keep him out"
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 11:21
I can't reply today cuz it won't let me
Sorry
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 11:26
(OOPS lol I guess it will! Oops! Here goes...)
Lamis looked around the house in awe, opened mouthed. It was more beautiful then anything she had ever seen. Then noticing that others were staring at her, she straightened up and held out her hand to the woman who had opened the door to her. Realizing her hand was soaking, she quickly wiped it on her dress and held it out again, blushing. "I'm Lamis," she said quietly. "I just happened to see your candle on and was wandering who lived here in this most beautiful of houses," she looked deep into the woman's eyes and smiled. "I live just down the street, over there," she pointed to her house then held her hand out again.
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 06:34
Katana shook Lamis's hand warmly and smiled. "Well I haven't had such a lovely complement made about my house before, thank you Lamis". She listened quickly to the sounds outside and heard the shuffling of the second drunkerd that evening fading away. She turned her attention back to Lamis, "Oh goodness child, your soaking wet. Come on you sit there" she put Lamis on her own bed and wrapped the girl up in a bundle of blankets comfortably "Better?".

Katana took a second blanket over to Alcari and wrapped her up too, "Now you two goslings must stay here till your dry and the rain has stopped"...

Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 07:46
Lamis pulled the blankets up to her chin."Much better, thank you," she said. She looked at the boy(she thought Alcari was a boy)beside her and pulled one eyebrow up. "Are you ok?" she asked curiously.
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 01:24
"I'm fine, thank you," Alcari said. She slid deeper into the blankets, both to warm herself and to protect her identity. "I'm just a bit tired. I ran quite a bit today. Thank you, Katana, for letting me stay here. How coincidental, three unexpected visitors all in one night. Is there anything I can do to show my gratitude?"
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 03:54
Lamis smiled at Alcari. "I'm glad your ok, I hate for any one to be wounded or sick," she looked at Loriel. "Who are you?" she asked.
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 03:49
Loriel smiled at Lamis and Alcari. It was interesting that they had all met in Katana's house.
Looking at Lamis as she made her question, she said: "My name is Loriel, and I live in this part of the city also." She smiled and looked at Katana: "A drunk man forced me to stop by just a few minutes ago. Now, I am enjoying the warmth of the inside, but know that I will have to eturn to my own home."
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 06:56
"Is there anything I can do to show my gratitude?"

"Just visit me sometimes so that I know you are living well, your almost under my guardianship at this point" she ruffled Alcari's hair fondly and smiled.

"A drunk man forced me to stop by just a few minutes ago. Now, I am enjoying the warmth of the inside, but know that I will have to eturn to my own home." Katana turned to Loriel with a slightly sad look...then she nodded, smiling grimly. "My gratiude to you is great. I am happy to have met you...be sure to come see me again when you pass by my home, who's door is open to all three of you" she looked around at her three guests and smiled...
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 07:36
"Thank you," smiled Lamis. She pulled herself off the bed. "I should be getting home too, I hope to see you all again soon," with that, she walked towards the door. Lamis paused and sighed before running out into the wet, rainy night.

Lamis reached her house and ran inside. She shut the door behind her and sighed in relief. Lamis took off her boots and walked to the seating area. She dried herself by the fire and with a blanket. Her kitten meowed and she picked it up. Lamis looked deep into the fire, the fell asleep.
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 04:27
Loriel smiled and lifted herself of her chair after Lamis had left. "I will visit you often; I do not have many friends here. Actually, until tonight, I was thinking of moving to Lorien, to my father's relatives." With that she turned and walked to the door. Opening it, she ran into the rain.

Passing the inn she could hear some trashing and shook her head. "Edain," she muttered, the second time that night, gathered the skirt of her dress and ran faster, until she reached her little house. Closing and locking the door behind her, she sighed and went to dry herself. Soon after she was in her bed, sleeping peacefully.
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 03:14
"I will come back later, if Denethor does not put me on a long scout mission. By the way, it seems you have figured out my true identity. Please keep it secret, I need the disguise to support my mother," said Alcari. She went out the door. Sighing, she went to report to the steward, praying that he would be drunk.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 03:58
Next day, Lamis changed into her day clothes, then fixed herself a small breakfast of bacon and toast. She quickly ate it then tied on her apron. She was late for her job at the inn. She ran out the door, still tying her aron. She ran into the inn and to the kitchen. The cook scowled at her, then went back to flipping flapjacks. "Sorry I'm late!" yelled Lamis, grapping a frying pan. She emptied some eggs into it and put it over the fire. Then she grabbed some paper, and inkwell, and a feather pen, then ran to the dining area. She ran to the cutomer at the nearest table to her. "What can I get you?" she asked in a hasty voice. The person she was serving had dark hair, skin, and clothing. "Just water, thank you," he said while looking at the table. "Rightaway!" said Lamis as she raced back to the kitchen, nearly knocking another waitress over. She spilled her ink while doing so, but not stopping to pick it up or help the screaming girl. She flipped the egg she had cracked earlier ad moaned when she saw it was burned. Then she got a glass of water and walked back to the Dark Man(for that is what she called him), being carefull not to spill anything. She set it down on his table. "Anything else I can get for you?" she asked. "No thank you," he replied. Lamis ran back to the kitchen and ulled the burning egg from the fire. "Lamis, your fired!" yelled the cook when she saw the silled ink and the burned egg. "I've had enough of you, now get out!" she threatened to throw a spoon. Lamis ran outside, frightened, and nearly got run over by a horse. She shrieked and ran out of it's path just in time, then slipped on the mussy ground and fell on the cur. A boy down the street alughed at her. "This day is not going well at all," thought Lamis.She sat on the curb and cried, he head in her hands.
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 05:00
Katana nodded and smiled as Alcari left. "What an interesting evening...." chuckling she barred her door once more and was soon asleep with the rain outside making everything seem calm...

Walking from the bakery with a basket over one arm containing her weeks ration of bread for helping in the bakery every once and a while, Katana greeted some of her friends as they past and tried to ignored the calls of some bachelors huddled in a group outside the inn with a shake of her head and a smile...

She then nearly was run over by a speeding horse. By the sound of a second scream another person was also nearly killed. (Lamis ) She shouted a very strong phrase after the rider as he disappeared up the road turning toward the home of the steward Denethor...

Katana turned around suddenly to see Lamis run around the corner and sit on the curb, crying helplessly...

"Lamis?" she called and rushed over to the girl, sitting down on the curb beside her and wrapping an arm around her motheringly. "There there child, don't cry" Katana took hold of her own apron corner and dried Lamis's eyes, "No tell me what happen that has effected you so?"
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 05:57
Lamis looked up, her eyes were red. "Oh this is the worst day of my life!" she sobbed. She was covered in mud and tears. "First, I was late for work. Then I spilled ink on another waitress, then I was fired, then I nearly got killed, then I fell getting all muddy, then someone laughed at me! Oh I wish I never lived to see this day!" Lamis cried, putting her head in her hands again. "The cook never liked me much, he said I was always messing up everything," Lamis did not dare look at Katana, for she was a sight to see. Lamis cried harder and harder.

The Dark Man had seen Lamis run out and heard a scream, so he went to see what had happened. When he saw Katana and Lamis there, he ran across the street to them. "Anything wrong, lass?" he asked kindly. Lamis looked up at him. "No, no it's nothing, I'm fine," she sniffed, wiping tears and mudd off her face. The Dark Man didn't believe her. "No, something's happened, do tell me," he said. He was dressed in dark,. but he had a kind, gentle face. Lamis took a deep breath. "I'm fine, thank you anyway," she said, pulling herself up. She wiped some mud off and ran home, sobbing. When she reached her house, Lamis washed herself and changed into clean clothes. She then went to her room and threw herself on her bed. Then there came a soft knock apon the door. "Who is it?" she asked sadly.

Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 02:08
It had been a good start of the day for Loriel. Not only did she wake up full of energy, but she was summoned to the Citadel and was made councillor to Denethor. It was a good job, paid well. Right now she was on her way to her house, to pack, since Denethor wanted his councillors near him all the time, and they had a house just behind the Citadel.

Someone passed her on the street, sobbing. Turning her head, Loriel saw Lamis, the girl she had met in Katana's house last night. What could be wrong? she thought as she ran after her. She had a kind heart, and hated to see others suffering.

Stopping at the door of Lamis' house, she knocked gently. "Who is it?" came a sad voice. "It's Loriel. Can I come in?"
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 09:23
Lamis wiped her eyes and straitened her hair. "Come in," she said softly. Her eyes were still red, but her tear stains were gone. She tried to smile as Loriel entered. "How are you?" Lamis said in a shaky voice. She saw that Loriel was happy, so she didn't want to spoil her day. "Would you like some tea?" Lamis asked kindly.
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 11:27
Katana stood quickly as Lamis ran off, wanting to stop her, but she sighed, thinking the girl needed some time by herself....she turned around and jumped slightly in surprise as she saw the darkly clad man facing her, whom she had forgotten was there for a moment from Lamis's sudden exit,....Katana looked up slowly at him "Oh, forgive me....my name is Katana, a friend of Lamis..." she offered her hand in friendship to this man "If you wish to know what happened, it was not a good day for her, a lost job and a stampeding horse" Katana looked in the direction Lamis had run then back to the stranger "it was kind of you to come and be sure she was alright as you did, and for that I am most grateful" she smiled and curtsied.

[Edited on 4/9/2005 by LumanaraSage]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email