Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A House in Minas Tirith (open to all)
on: April 09, 2005 01:46
While all of this was happening, Alcari was in the Citadel. Just her luck, Denethor had decided NOT to drink himself into a stupor that night, so he was MAD! She tried to explain that it was because she'd passed out from running, but he didn't care. He was mad because she hadn't gotten back. Someone needed to stop this, it wasn't fair. Maybe the people who were at Katana's house the previous night could help. As soon as Denethor released her, she went off in search of them.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 03:17
The Dark Man bowed low to Katana. "I just don't like to see anyone sad," he shook Katana's hand. "I'm...Karl, yes, Karl, and I am here on urgent businbess, so I must get back to work," he smiled politely at Katana and walked away.
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 10:27
Loriel quickly realized that Lamis was very upset about something, and that she needed to talk. She sat down: "Yes, tea would be nice." While waiting she thought about what could have upste the girl so. She decided to ask.
"Lamis, what is wrong? Tell me, I can see you are in distress. Sometimes a talk can help."
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 03:18
Lamis sighed and handed Loriel her tea. She took a sip and set it down. "First, I was late for work. Then, I got fired. Then, I nearly got killed, then I ruined one of my best dresses!" Lamis tried to hold back her tears. She sobbed a little then sniffed and smiled. "But, it's all right. I'll just find another job," but Lamis knew that was almost impossible nowdays.
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 05:08
Katana smiled, happy to have met Karl, maybe someday she would see him again...she walked away down the street, until she reached her house...wondering if she should go and find Lamis, because maybe that job at the bakery Katana presently held could be made permenant for Lamis...for the baker, his wife and son were good people...

When she was inside she put away the basket over her arm into a cupboard and sat down in a chair with a sigh...her fingers clutching a small leather bound book in her hands- "Maybe Lamis will visit and I'll tell her my idea....."-the pages rolled open with her fingers and she looked down on the handwriting within...her late husband's handwriting....the book was his journal...after a moment she closed the book and just held it...

For what felt like hours she sat there, holding the book, unable to read its contents, the pain was still to sharp...
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 04:17
(im just telling you i wont be able to post for a while)
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 09:22
(We'll be waiting for the glorious parade of your return )
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 02:45
Alcari ran through the streets, in search of someone who would be willing to help her. Something needed to be done. Young boys were dying of exhaustion when they first began scouting and were sent on three day missions. The only person whose house she knew she could find was Katanas. She was about to knock when she heard sobbing from within. She knocked very gently on the door. "Katana?" she began. "It's Alcari. Are you all right?"
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 05:00
Loriel listened to Lamis with a nevtral expression on her face. The girl's tale was truly a sad one. To a complete outsider it would probably seem funny, but to Loriel, with her keen elvish senses and gentle nature, it was sad.

She extended a hand and put it on Lamis' shoulder, smiling: "I am sure you will find a new job relatively quickly. Thought it may seem impossible these days, it is not. For where there is will, there is work." Standing up she placed the empty cup on the table and patted Lamis: "You will be fine, my friend; I am sure of it. You only need to rest and lose the shock. After that, believe me, every problem will seem smaller." Smiling a bit more, she opened the door and stepped back into the busy street.

She walked slowly along, just letting go to the tide of people. Somehow, she found herself by the great city wall. Leaning over it, she cast a glance over the Pelennor. What a beautiful sight...and yet, something was bottering it. A few horses were racing across the grass, to the gates. Loriel gathered her skirts and raced too, back towards Lamis' house. Openig the door, she said in one breath: "Lamis! Mounted scouts. I think they are rangers of Ithilien, but I am not sure. Come look,maybe you can figure it out!"

(OOC: I can add this to the storyline, can I? Just a bit of my own idea...nothing much. If it's not ok with you, I'll delete it.)
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 07:31
(I'm back sorry I was gone so long)
Lamis smiled. "Thank you, your too kind," she said to Loriel.
When she left Lamis fixed some bread and sat in front of the fire as it baked.Suddenly the door swung open and Loriel raced in. "Lamis! Mounted scouts. I think they are rangers of Ithilien, but I am not sure. Come look,maybe you can figure it out!" she yelled. Lamis got up and ran to the city wall. She saw scouts demanding to be let in. She squinted her eyes to see better. "I'm not sure what's going on, but we should try to find out," she ran with Loriel to the gate.
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 09:32
Loriel followed Lamis to the gates, where many of the other inhabitants of Minas Tirith were already gathered. Suddenly hearing a crack, she pulled Lamis back, and it was good she did: for the doors opened and the men on horses galloped into the city, shouting: "Make way!" Up they went, to the upper levels. Looking at Lamis, Loriel said: "I have to go to the Lord. Just today I have been summoned to a job in the palace, as a counsellor. He will probably need me. You find Katana; I think she may have an idea what is going on." With that, the halfelf gathered her skirts and sprinted as fast as she could, up the levels, through different shourtcuts, until she reached the Citadel.

Panting, she entered, only to find the Lord Denethor in a mood ready to kill. "You say that Faramir has pulled the forces to this side of the river?" he snarled, and Loriel gulped. Faramir was in trouble.

(OOC: I'll be gone from Tuesday to Sunday, and wont be able to post. Please, rp on without me, saying that Loriel had to stay at the Lord's side all the ime, as she is a counsellor. Really sorry. )
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 05:45
(That's fine. I am glad you posted, I was beggining to think this thread had ended!)
Lamis thanked Loriel for saving her, then ran to Katana's house. She banged on the door loudly. "Katana! Katana quick! Loriel and I need some information! Please hurry!" she yelled. Lamis heard some noises from inside then the door opened and Katana rushed out. "What is it?" she asked. Lamis took her hand and pulled her the way Loriel had gone. "I'll explain it on the way," she said, running.

Karl saw the horses and their riders racing through the city. He ran along side one of them with amazing speed. "What is it?" he asked, trying not to trip on the rough ground. The man on the horse just ignored him and sped away. Karl stopped, breathing hard. He saw Loriel running after them and followed her.

LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 04:35
Alcari knocked very gently on the door. "Katana?" she began. "It's Alcari. Are you all right?"

Katana looked up suddenly at the voice, brushing away the few tears that had fell from her eyes. She brushed herself down as she stood, placing the book once more into the chest from which it had come, locking the lid shut.

She opened the door for Alcari, letting her inside. "Why Hello,Alcari. It's lovely to see you...I-" the sound of the gates opening with a crash and hooves on the cobblestoned streets snapped Katana's senses to attention.

She flung the door open as it was beat upon by a very urgent someone, and Lamis was there, looking alittle breathless. "What is it?"

"I'll explain it on the way," and Katana was pulled quickly after Lamis as they followed Loriel, who they could see up head of them.
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 08:10
(OOC: I'm back! Oh, and I hope you don't mind me RP Denethor a bit..and Loriel is already in the Citadel, as I think you overlooked that fact from my previous post...)

Loriel silently walked to the throne, the sound of her heels ringing. Denethor looked at her and forced his voice to a calmer tone. To the halfelf, it sounded like a large wolf, waiting to jump onto his pray. "There you are, counsellor! I was beginning to wonder where you have gone." Loriel bowed her head, but said nothing, as she stepped to the left side of the throne. The lord turned back to one of the scouts. His voice was completely calm, yet there was such an icy tone in it that it sent chills up Loriel's spine: "So Faramir thinks he hac order men around against his father's will?" The man in front looked nervous, as if he was caught between the loyalty to Faramir and Denethor: "My lord, I am only saying that the Haradrim and orcs have overrun the eastern shore of Osgiliath. The lord Faramir pulled the forces, as much as he could save, across. He suffered huge loss. Me and my men have been sent for reinforcements." The lord turned to Loriel: "What do you think?" She was completely unprepared for the question and was silent for a time. Then she said in the clearest and calmest voice she could gather: "I think reinforcements are in order, my lord. If there is indeed huge loss...we should not delay with the men." He did not look happy with her choice, but nontheless, he gave out the order and Loriel was free to go.

She rushed from the Citadel and back down the City. She had to find someone who could help. Faramir was in major trouble.
Suddenly she bumped into someone and fell onto the ground. Panting and muttering colourful Elvish curses she looked up to see a man (Karl) standing in her way.
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 09:29
Karl looked at Loriel. "Are you alright?" he asked, helping her up. "You seem to be in some sort of trouble, is there any way I can help?" he asked, smiling. "I saw those riders riding towards Citadel, I tried to follow them but they went too fast. Then I tried to follow you and couln't get in, so I came back here," he said then pulled Loriel out of the street.

Lamis walked towards Loriel. "Whats going on?" she asked.
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 09:53
Breathing quickly from the rush of following Loriel, Katana clutched her side trying to slow her breathing and said slowly, "I say the same as Lamis....what has Denethor done?"
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 06:07
Loriel smiled gratefully at Karl, but then her face took on a scared expression again. She looked at the three of them before her, Katana, Lamis and Karl, pondering on what to say. In the end, she just explained, but her voice had a tone of anxiousty: "The scouts were truly from Faramir. He is in grave danger; orcs and Haradrim have overrun the eastern side of Anduin, taking East Osgiliath. Denethor is really, really mad about his sons decision!" Then another thing hit her and she smacked her hand to her forehead:"I completely forgot!" Looking at her friends, she added: "My younger brother is with Faramir. And the younger son of the stewrd has suffered major loss of men! I perued Denethor to send reinforcements..oh, Eru, say that my brother still lives!" She put a hand across her heart and leaned on the city wall. Her eyes saw the black armoured men on horses, racing to Osgiliath. Her ears heard their horns. And she knew that Denethor would be a devil to all around him...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email