Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
Post In the depths of Mirkwood
on: April 02, 2005 09:14
I'm new to this, so I hope I'm doing it right!
~~~
Merileth walked slowly through the darkening forest, her hair glimmering in the last vestiges of light as she stared into the misty depths, where nothing could be seen. Mirkwood had once been home to something most evil, and usually Merileth ventured no further than the sentry posts, but today, she was pulled by some strange force that she had no power to control.
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: In the depths of Mirkwood
on: April 02, 2005 10:31
((OOC: May I join?))

Meradon sat on a branch silently, watching the woman under him. She had left the sentry posts behind, and was on her way to the forbidded part of the Forest. The Elf shook his head, his dark brown hair spilling down his shoulders. Why was it that women wanted to go wherever it was fobiden?

With no effort at all, he jumped from the tree he was on and landed behind the woman. "Hiril nin, you should not be here," he said quietly, "'tis not safe. Please, follow me back to the sentry posts."
sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 03:59
(( Can I please join, too? P.S. Youre doing fine, redbriarrose))

Rine had just woken up a by the sentry pole. She was one of the sentrys, and had fallen asleep again. She looked up, only to find to Elves talking in the forest ahead. "You there!," She called to them
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 03:42
Meradon turned around at the sound of a familiar voice... "Rine, if you mean to call me, please, do it by the name. Or has it been so long?" he said in a teasing voice.
He had met Rine on his last stop in Mirkwood, three months ago. He found it interesting that women were working as sentrys. It meant nothing to him, really. In fact, in his oppinion, women did work far better than men sometimes.

Turning back to the lady in front of him, he stepped to her and put a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Hiril." His voice was soft and begging. "Turn back. Please. Or my friend Rine will have our hides!"
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 03:29
Theogwyn, the other sentry, watched as the two elves were being drawn back inside the gates. This was becoming more the norm.. elves seemed to feel that something was calling out to them in the woods, calling out and drawing the elves into the treacherous depths of the darkness.
" Rine, do you know these people? If so, call them back, or I shall have to bring them back-forcefully. That part of the forest is forbidden, because in that dirction lies the ruins of the Black tower, and strange things spring from that area."
She gripped her longbow with one hand, and reached for an arrow with the other, and brought it up in one smooth motion, cocked and ready to fly.
KK_PRFG_NJ__
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 06:04
((OOC: May I please join?))
Nethwen was closing down her shop behind the sentry post and saw all of the comotion. And Nethwen called to them. "What is wrong?!May I help you?"
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 10:14
Merileth glared at Meradon, her usual expression exchanged for one angry, and more than a little defiant.
"Why is it you prevent me from going within the forest? Surely you know that the old powers of evil have been defeated?"
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 10:31
Meradon sighed slightly as he heard another sentry voice out that they should return. But the woman seemed to be really angry at him. Obviously she wanted to go intothe forest.

"My lady, I am well avare that the powers of evil have been defetaed, but only from the place where the old fortress lay. Evil lingers in the old trees still; they will harm you if they are able to. And besides, the sentrys have avoken; I think it is wise if we listen to them."
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 04:23
( May I join?)

A grey horse emerged on the path in front of them, the path that led into the forbidden path of the forest. Seeing sentries standing there, Narya gulped. She knew full well that she wasn't supposed to be there, but it was a favourite haunt of hers. She dismounted quickly from her horse, and led him towards the elves. They seemed to be arguing among themselves about something. She waited patiently for someone to tell her what was going on, but no one did. She recognised one of them, and walked up to him. " Meradon, what's going on? Why is everyone arguing?" She hoped that if she blended in well enough, no one would notice where she had emerged from, and the sentries would not tell her father. The King of Mirkwood was always hearing things about his daughter, and Narya didn't want him to learn any more.

[Edited on 10/4/2005 by Aneras]
KK_PRFG_NJ__
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 02:41
((I posted before, but no one payed attention))
When Nethwen saw the princess and heard her shouting Nethwen ran up to her bowed and said "M'lady that is exactly what I want to find out.By the way I am Nethwen Sáralondë daughter of the shopkeeper Finwë Sáralondë." When Nethwen relized what she said she blushed and said. "I am sorry,but still what is going on?!"
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 06:36
Meradon heard the horse hooves and thought that Legolas was up hunting spiders again, but when the princess adressed him, his mind seemed to stop for a second. Captain or no captain, that part of the forest was strictly forbiden, and even he never ventured there. It took Thranduil quite a few hours to persue Meradon to leave for Dol Guldur. And now this...?

Turning to the two women (Narya and Nethwen) he said in a calm, yet stern voice: "The lady here wishes to venture in the forbiden part of the forest. I am only trying to stop her." Lowering his voice he said to the princess: "Act as if you were looking for the Lady Nethwen around the sentry posts. Maybe you can fool them, and they will not tell your father. I would not want to be responsible for having to save you from your father yet again." The words were spoken so that only the two infront of him could hear them. He really did not want Narya to get in trouble with her father; Thranduil had enough worries about her anyway, knowing that his daughter was a Capatain.

Looking back at the woman who had started all this in the first place, he repeated again: "My lady, if you would be so kind and follow me back to the safer part fo the forest...

[Edited on 11/4/2005 by Isil_leena]
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 07:10
Narya whispered a thank you to Meradon, and then turned to the other elves who were looking at her suspiciously. " I was just looking for Nethwen, and now that I've found her, I'll be on my way." She had never been a good actress unless it was being dead in a battle situation, so she wanted to leave before they asked any questions. " If you want Meradon, I'll help you take the young lady back to a safer part of the forest." She turned to Merileth. " There's nothing special there you know. Just a tower and some spiders and stuff. Not that I would know personally of course." She groaned, and ran her fingers through her hair.
" I'm not very good at this am I?" She whispered to Meradon.
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 07:50
Merileth opened her mouth as though she wanted to continue arguing, but seeing the expressions of the others surrounding her, shut it, and cast her eyes downwards in what she hoped was a relatively apologetic manner.

"Forgive me," she murmured. "I do not know what it is that beckons me yonder. My father warned me many a time, as did my brother, of the dangers associated with Mirkwood. I am not accustomed to places such as these, Lothlorien had been my home for many centuries." She turned to look at the lady whispering to Meradon.

"Lady Narya, have I been acquainted with you before? For I believe that we are related somewhat, my father is cousin to the King."

KK_PRFG_NJ__
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 08:23
As Nethwen listened to them all.She could not help but laugh! Then she turned to that girl who started it. "Excuse me ma'am but I do not understand this all. Why are you in Mirkwood in the first place?" then she turned to the rest of them. "I refuse to lie because it is against my princples . I also suggest that we all come to my home (because we are all embarssing ourselves) and talk and get this all straitened out. My mother Nienna would love to have guests for dinner"

[Edited on 12/4/2005 by KK_PRFG_NJ__]
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 07:19
Meradon had a strong urge to kick himself hard. "No, I am afraid you are not good at this, Narya. I think you've spent a little less attention at my lessons when you were younger," he groaned. Normally, he did not address her by her name, but with her title. Now, he felt he had to say it a bit differently. For the sake of old times.

Looking at Merileth, he smiled: "Your father and brother have been good teachers, if you remember what they told you." Then he listened to Nethwen's suggestion and he nodded, stiffing back a yawn. "I think, if no one else will go, I will go with you to your home. If nothing else, I can get a decent rest of my senses, which have been up for two day straight." In truth, he was up straight longer than that: three days and four nights. Nothing could be seen on the outside, thought, and if he didn't tell, no one knew. In that way, it was easy to persue the King about things.
He had been on that tree he had jumped of earlier on for four nights, without the sentrys noticing him, and he felt as if he had just avoken from spider venom. Something drew his attention in the forbidden part, and althought he did not een dare to go there, he stayed close, watching.
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 07:59
Merileth smiled at Nethwen, and opened her hands in a gesture of friendship.

"I should be glad to accompany you to your home, for I have not yet seen much of Mirkwood. I came here to join my father, for previously I had lived with my mother, in the lands of the Lady Galadriel."

She looked at Meradon, and was surprised to see his stance, alert and watching, in the direction which she had had the urge to go.

"My lord?" she enquired. "Is there something the matter? Does the forest beckon to you?"
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 08:05
Narya stepped a little closer to the path that she had just come from. As any other elf that came near there, she felt a strong urge to go back, and to explore the hidden ways of the forest. But she was strong-willed, and pushed the thought out of her mind. She turned her back to the path, and walked back to Meradon. A small line of worry appeared on her forehead. " Meradon...you're lying. You've been awake for much longer than that. You need your rest. Otherwise, your willpower will not be as strong, and in these evil times, you will need as much as you can get." She led her horse towards him. " Ride on my horse until we get to Nethwen's home. You are weary with much toil, do not think that I haven't noticed how you stay up for longer recently. Something's bothering you, I can tell."
KK_PRFG_NJ__
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 03:14
Since it seemed they were all in a agreement Nethwen lead the elves to the tiny home behind her family's shop. When they got there Nethwen opened the back door "Mother," she called "we have guests for dinner!" When they all walked in especially the princess Nethwen's mother came in. "Hello, I am Celebriän Sáralondë and welcome!" When Celebriän saw the princess her jaw dropped "M'lady," she told her "forgive the clutter."
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 02:54
Meradon lifted his hands as a surrender towards Narya and Merileth, since it was no point lying anymore. Somehow, his defence dropped and Narya could read him. Probably of his weariness.
He did not, of course, ride on Narya's horse. As much as he would have loved to, he had to stretch his legs.
"Alright, my lady, I have been up longer," he admitted to Narya and looked at the forest again, "something stirrs there. I can feel it." he added in a whisper only the princess could hear.

With a smile he followed the ladies to lady Nethwen's house and bowed politely to her mother. His mind was dwelling in other places: for example, the palace, where he would probably end up arguing with the King about his daugher's travels and adventures. He sighed slightly and rubbed his eyes. This was going to be a looong and tiring time.
KK_PRFG_NJ__
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 01:33
Nethwen sighed. I guess Mother did not prepar anything she thought. "Mother," she began "would you like some help with supper?" Celebriän smiled "Of course Nethwen,besides we need to get dinner ready before your father also before Findecáno Orophin gets home." Her father was off in Rohan helping her orphaned cousin Adaniel.
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 07:32
Merileth looked curiously at Meradon and Narya, and saw the way they seemed to fuss over each other, and the looks Meradon gave Thranduil's daughter, when he felt none were looking. She wondered to herself, and pondered for a while. Was it possible? Did Meradon have [/i]feeliings[i] perhaos more than platonically, for the lovely elf?

She lifted her hands from her lap, and smiled at the two.

"It seems we may have a while to wait. Lady Narya, I know my father is related to the king, but I wondered if you knew of him? Or my brother Naegil? He has spent much of his life here in Mirkwood."
KK_PRFG_NJ__
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 02:28
Nethwen sighed.She knew that she could not add anything to the three elves conversation. She was also worried about what her two brothers Findecáno Orophin would say when they saw the guests that were there. "So Merileth do you know how you are related to the king?"
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 07:11
"Did I not answer that question but moments ago?" Merileth said in reply to Nethwen. "My father is cousin to King Thranduil."
KK_PRFG_NJ__
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 03:36
"Oh I am sorry..." but before she could finish her brothers Findecáno Orophin cane bursting in and Orophin started filrting with Narya. Nethwen grabbed him by the back of his shirt "Oro,"(her nickname for him) "she is a princess so STOP flirting with her you could be sent to jail!"
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 12:17
Meradon listened to the coversation silently, trying hard not to let his thoughts wander to much. That was hard work, for he was totally exhausted. Only now did he realize it; if he would still be up the tree, he would probably stay awake and alert longer. But now, in the warm house, with the talk...it was driving him to the brink of his abbilities.

Just when he was about to fall asleep, the door burst open again. The tired scout looked up and saw someone flirt with Narya. Luckyly, Nethwen grabbed him and pulled him away. Meradon was fully awake now. If they would be alone, he would probably not be able to control himself; the princess was a person to be respected, and was not just a girl, with whom you could flirt when you wanted to!

Yet he stayed silent and still. Turning his head he looked out of the window, amids the trees. Something was there, in the remains of Dol Guldur, and somehow, Meradon knew that he was about to visit that horrible place once again....

"Lady Merileth," he said, turning his attention towards her, "you say that you have lived in the Dreamflower for most of your life. What brings you back to Mirkwood?"
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 09:47
Merileth turned her eyes towards Meradon as he addressed her.

"My father wished me to join him here, for I had spent all my years with my mother in the domain of the Lady Galadriel. Forgive me, my lord, but you seem quite spent. Do you not think you should rest a while?"
KK_PRFG_NJ__
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 01:19
Nethwen relized that they were all tried from the long day. "Would you like to stay with us for the night?Also if you do anything after tomorrow I would like to come along." Then she looked at Meradon "Just so you know my brothers won't be coming along."
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 09:53
Meradon nodded with understanding at Merileth then spoke: "I may be spent, but not wholy. I think I will accept the kind offer of our host." He smiled at Nethwen and he finally let the true weariness shine through his eyes. Looking at Narya, he pondered what to do. The King would have his hide if anything happened to her. On the other hand, she was quite capable of defending herself. That was setled then.

Just as he was about to yawn again, he heard a cry of a bird on the window. Turning with rapid speed, he indeed saw Kator, his hawk, perched on the window shelf. And he was bearing a parchment on his leg. Standing and brushing some dust of the birds feathers, the tired scout took the parchment and saw immediately the royal mark. Opening it, he read what the King had written:

Meradon,
this is going to come as a surprise, or not, but you must go on the road once again. Something stirrs in Dol Guldur; something evil. I have lost a whole scouting party in that part of the forest. I know you can do what many others cannot; and you have ventured there before. Your king relies on you.
May the Valar be with you
Thranduil

The scout looked at the others and slowly crushed the letter. Sometimes he just wanted to be a normal Elf. Althought, seeing that Thranduil did not mention Narya gave Meradon comfort. The sentries did not speak.
"My friends, I have been ordered on a dangerous journey. I shall rest here tonight, " he bowed to Nethwen, "and tomorrow, I will be on my way to the forbbiden part of the forest. It is a dangerous road to take, yet I must go. If anyone of you wishes to join me, they can, althought I warn you: we will be silent and quick." Turning to Narya, he said: "You are lucky; the sentries have not sent a message to your father about your roads. Throught I wish you will turn down my offer."
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 02:19
Merlieth stood, her eyes wide at Meradon's announcement.

"I should like to join you, if I may, for though I know not how, a feeling stirs within me that it is right that I should go. The forest beckons to me, yet it is not the beckoning of evil...I know not what it is, but I should like to follow."
KK_PRFG_NJ__
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 12:05
Nethwen nodded at Meradon, "I would like join you also.Since you won't be leaving until mourning I will show you to our spare rooms. So if you will follow me." Nethwen lead them all to 3 rooms. After Merileth Meradon and Narya where settled in she turned to the 2 elf sentries. "I am sorry but you need to return to the sentry post and not only that we have no room for you. I am sorry."
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 01:20
Merileth smiled her thanks at Nethwen, and turned to the other two in the room.

"I would be pleased to accept your offer of hospitality for this night. But first I must send word to my brother, for he must be worried at my long absence."
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 09:40
Meradon nodded at Nethwen and Merileth, then sat on a bed, which was waiting for him. How long had it been since he had slept in a good bed? Four nights and three days.

As Merileth excused herself, saying that she must send word to her brother, he turned to the Princess. She was awfully silent since he had made the announcement. "Princess," he said in a soft voice, then corrected himself, calling her by name, "Narya. The sentries have not spoken; not yet. But if your father fins out...he will have your hide. And he will have mine if I let you go with me." He looked into her blue eyes and sighed: "I will not pull you back if you say you will join us on this...trip. It is your own decision to make."

(OOC: I'll be gone from Tuesday to Sunday, so I wont be able to post. RP on, as if Merdon was with them. Really sorry. )
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 09:45
Narya sighed, and ran a hand through her ash blonde hair. She stood up, rather agitated. " I wish I could come with you. You, Meradon, of all people should know that I would risk my life at any sign of danger or suspision. But my father...He drives me crazy. It seems all he wants me to do is to stand quietly in the corner of the court and look pretty! Every day he gives me a lecture on my responsibilities as a Princess. It makes me think of leaving, of going to the rangers like I did once. It crushed my father, and I didn't return for many years, 20 I think. In all that time he hadn't heard a single thing about me, and didn't know if I was alive or dead. Life was so simple then, I didn't have to worry what he might think. But I know that I have grown since then, and I carry cafres that no one should. I have responibilities here. And you are right, I must make a decision between coming with you or staying." She had been pacing, but stopped as she stood beside a window. It was growing dark swiftly, and a light breeze ran through strands of her hair.
She close her eyes and breathed in the earthy smell on the wind. " I have stayed in one place too long. I will come with you. And the sentries will not speak. If they do, they will have me to answer to.
redbriarrose
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 09:38
Merileth returned, smiling slightly at the two elves.

"My brother is in constant fear that I should be ambushed or taken captive," she said wryly. "I thought it best to inform him now, rather than risk his wrath at a further stage."
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 06:09
Meradon's heart felt heavy when he heard Narya's decision...althought it was excpected. He had excpected it. He nodded, his voice gone, partly from her answer, partly from the enchantement the wind brought as it toyed with her hair. Get a grip, he thought as he pulled his eyes away and looked at Merileth. "'tis good that you have a brother that worries. I have seen many people in my life who did not care about their close ones." Stiffing back yet another yawn, the scout pulled his boots of and lay on the bed. "If you will excuse me, ladies, I will tuck in for the night. There is a long road to take tomorrow, and I need some rest. You should do the same." The last words were meant more for Narya than Merileth. Meradon was worried that she would not sleep all night.

Soon, he fell into an uneasy sleep, filled with dark towers and a haunting laughter...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email