Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Meril841
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Keeper of Secrets
on: April 27, 2005 05:35
"I was behind the trees, and ran after the one who attacked you, but he disappeared before I got to him. All I managed to get was a part of his cloak." Hermia shuddered and pointed. "It's over there. Then I ran round to where Vesas was, and the thing was standing there over him. I shot an arrow into his foot and he pulled it out! His blood spurted everywhere, and I saw him hand Vesas something-it must have been this rock- and then he ran off into the forest as if he had never been harmed!"
Hermia shook her head. She'd never seen anything like this before. It worried her.
peonyfoxburr
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 08:04
Vesas listened as Artanis and Hermia talked, but he didn't care what they were saying. He watched as the others came over to them. They asked if he was okay, but he didn't answer. He only looked at the rock.

There was some sort of symbol on it, but he didn't know what it meant. It seemed significant somehow. It was a simple rock other than the symbol. His mind floated from the rock to the dark figure. He shuddered. He didn't want to think of it. He looked at the rock again, and asked no one in particular, "What does it mean?"
AngelofValinor61
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 04:43
"Randir! Hasel! Artanis! Vesas is in trouble! We're just outside the camp!" Hasel heard Hermia shout. She turned quickly around from where she was towards the voice. She heard a twang, and heard the spurt of blood before she arrived at the scene. She stepped back when she beheld what she saw. The shadowy figure had just turned around and hightailed it in the opposite direction not without yanking an arrow out of his foot, and handing an object to Vesas, who was now slouched against a tree looking at the thing. She listened as Artanis asked several questions of the pair. Neither of them answered. As Hasel turned her head, she caught a glimmer from the object in Vesas' palm. She bent to looked at it, and again took a step back at what she saw.
She saw a rock, that was ordinary enough except it had a strange symbol on it the color of blood. Vesas was looking at it as well, with a deathly pale face. "What does it mean?" asked Vesas, looking up at the others. "I do not know, but I sense that it's evil." that was all Hasel could say for the moment, she looked up into Hermia's face and saw the same deathly pale face.
Vanima_Naira
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 05:30
Randir crept through the forest, trailing the cloaked figure. As they came into a clearing, he gave a yell and attacked it, swing his sword. As he was more prepared this time and knew how the other moved, he managed to gain the upper hand. Finally, after several moments, he feinted, and saw an opening. Just as the death stroke connected, though, the shadowed figure vanished in a cloud of smoke. Randir just stood there, puzzled, then headed back to camp.
peonyfoxburr
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 09:06
As Hasel bent to examine the rock, Vesas suddenly became very insecure. Was she going to take it?! His grip tightened. Then she stepped back. Vesas looked back at his rock and asked his question without thinking. Hasel answered, "I do not know, but I sense that it's evil."

Vesas didn't know how to respond. Yes, of course, it has to be evil. That thing that gave it to me was obviously from the shadow, he thought to himself, but he couldn't help but think that it was given to him for a purpose. Holding it made him feel strong...

Vesas looked up to see Randir coming to them from the woods. He put the rock in his pocket and stood up. It was only a few hours till morning. "I for one am very tired. Do you mind if I sleep for a couple of hours before morning comes?"

Vesas didn't wait for an answer, but went to his bedroll and laid down. He went to sleep, but he did not rest. His sleep was filled with visions of the hooded figure and the symbol on the rock.

((I can easily see how this might turn into an obsession of Vesas'. Any way that you can think to turn this so it doesn't would be great... The only reason I'm writing this way is because I imagine anyone could and would be seduced by this evil. Also, the strength Vesas is feeling is false and it is not a magical empowering of some sort... it is simply false confidence.))

[Edited on 1/5/2005 by peonyfoxburr]
Meril841
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 05:38
Hermia eyed the pocket Vesas's rock was in suspiciously. It shouldn't be here. It definitely shouldn't be here. She thought.
She voiced her fears as Vesas fell asleep to the others. "Is it just me, or does that rock seem.... weird?" the others stared at her curiously. She shook her head, and continued; "It doesn't matter. I'm just tired, that's all."
aredhel_mair
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 02:15
Artanis sat down with the others, It didn't seem that anyone onther than Vesas was able to sleep any more. Dawn was just a few hour away anyways. Artanis though back to her old life at Rivendell. She sighed.
"When I was growing up, in Rivendell, I often went into the libraries and read anything, everything I could find, mostly the account of rangers." She smiled and continued. "I remember one account where they tranlated a poem off of some lost ruins they found. It's not a very accurte translation, but you can get the effect of it." She closed her eyes recalling it back.

"Through the herald of the night
brought forth by shadow
shall seek to destroy the world of light
and walk in the shadow cast before it.

Given from darkness to the day
the guardians of the stone will know it's call
The Stone of the Night must find it's way back
or bring darkness to all

'Twixt the air and the ground
and the cool waters of the sea
The Temple of the Night can be found
to rekindle the fire, for darkness is but the absence of light."