Author Topic:
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
Post A Past Long Forgotten
on: April 14, 2005 02:44
Please see OOC before joining.

A whisper. A touch.

The silvery light that surrounded the elves glowed throughout the wood, lightning it with an ethereal glow.

A whisper.

"Why are you afraid?"

A touch.

Her face, like an angels, perfect in every way. Her lips upon his.

"Because something says I will lose you."

Ochadrion awoke, the soft roar of the falls in the distance. The flickering lights of candles in the library and Hall of Fire.

Rivendell.

With a sigh, Ochadrion got up out of his bed and crossed the floor to the chest where he kept treasures.

The fragments of his forgotten past.

A lock of midnight-dark hair, softer then silk, an ancient sword, a silver ring. Ochadrion slid the ring onto his finger. "Who are, mystery woman of my dreams?" he whispered to the night, "Is it you who I am bound to by this ring?"

A name, his own. A face. A sword, a ring, a lock of hair. That was all that remained. And dreams, dreams he could never understand for he did not remeber the events which he dreamed about.

Ochadrion desired to cry, to voice his agony and despair. But he remained silent. Silent as his corridors of memory, empty and echoing.

A soft knock upon his door. Ochadrion quickly replaced the items in the chest, then called out permission to enter. It opened slowly, and a hooded figure stepped in.

"You are despairing, I can feel it."

The Lady Arwen.

"Do not trouble yoursef with it, I bear this alone."

A whisper. A touch.

"There is always hope, maybe someday you will find your past."

"My past is lost forever."

A whisper. A touch.

Arwen's silence spoke louder than her words. She knew there was no hope. And he knew aswell.

A whisper. A touch.

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by aelin~uial]
quillian91
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Past Long Forgotten
on: April 14, 2005 06:20
((My first rp ever! I like it so far!))

Celuwen Beriedain patted her horse Finrodel with loving care. They had faced many evil things in the last travels, all of which seemed organized, a thought that irritated her to no end.

"Ah", she sighed, gazing at the place she called her home. "Rivendell." The water was soothing, after the long, hard journey and she closed her grey eyes in pure bliss. There was a slight breeze playing in the air, carrying the frgrence of flowers from the many gardens Imladris housed.

As always, night time was her favorite time of the day. She loved the stars, and often found herself singing to them. The Moonlight reflected of the many waterfalls causing the water to turn a pale, pearly white.

She loved Imladris more than anything, she did, but her stay would not be long, for the desire to travel again was ever on her mind. She never felt truly free unless she could feel the wind whiipping her silver hair and the joy of going wherever you wish, whenever you wish.

But for now, she would remain in Rivendell. She would eat and drink her fill, listen to songs and tales of events long since past, and wander the halls in peace.

She walked lead Finrodel to the stables before heading off to her own room, hoping to get a change of clothes and a nice hot bath.

But as she passed a closed door. She felt a sadness like no other emmiting from the room. That was odd. Who could be depressed when they were in Imladris?

She paused at the door, heasitating slightly, not sure if she should knock on the door or not. 'Their probably asleep, best not desturb them.' She thought with a small sigh. It was as if somthing was drawing her to that room.

Fighting back the urge to bang open the door, she swiftly walked the rest of the way to her room, hoping to get a peaceful night sleep.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 03:00
[OOC: Hope noone minds me taking up Erestor! Just love the poor dear to bits... *giggles*]

Erestor yawned, stretched, and put down his quill, gazing almost lovingly at the document lying neatly on his deak, the ink still glistening in the candlelight. At last! He'd finally finished with it!

It was late already, and he was quite sure most of Imladris was already abed, but were those hooves he heard clattering to a halt in the courtyard?

It was Celuwen, finally back from her wanderings again. Erestor strode out to meet her.

"Back at last?" he raised an eyebrow.
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 08:28
((We may have a cat fight on our hands, Siri ))

With a soft sigh, Arwen left. The soft glow that had filled the room vanished, leaving Ochadrion in pure darkness.

The trees rustled in the slight wind, each bearing a voice. Word he once knew but could no longer remeber whispered in his ears. He was truly and uttuerly, alone.

Ochadrion rested his face in his palms and began to cry, forcing himself to remain quiet, as to not draw attention.

He raised his face skyward, the silver moonlight glinting off the wet pats on his cheeks.

The flickering light of a candle caught Ochadrion's eye.

The Library.

Silently, Ochadrion left his room, seeking the solace of the walls of shelves filled with stories. If he knew not his own, then he must fill the void with other knowledge. Books were his only comfort.

Ochadrion entered the vast room, lit by a small, guttering candle.

He managed a small smile. There was only one person who would be awake at this hour, still poring over ancient scrolls.

Ochadrion wished he had a motive such as Erestor's, the desire for knowledge just for the love of it; not for a nagging emptiness that never gave one peace.

Sighing, Ochadrion ran his fingers lightly over leather-bound spines, wondering what secrets writing did not reveal.
quillian91
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 12:44
((Heh, perhaps. Anways, this post isnt very good, i'm, half aslled and just got home from school. Anyways, i didnt sleep last night, so my writing at the moments is horrible.))

Celuwen opened her eye, greeting the bright morning sun. She groaned loudly. Instead of having a good nights sleep, like she planned, her dreams were upsetting. She felt like somthing was going to happen soon...

But what?

A loud rap at the door brought her out of her thoughts.

"Come in." She called, yawning and getting out of bed. the door opened to reveal one of the maids, comming to get her ready for breakfast.

"Good morning. I heard you ot hear last night. Did you sleep well, you look tired." She as as she walked to my closet and pulled out a brown and green dress, with brown slippers.

Celuwen nodded, "I'm fine."

Celuwen changed into the dress, and let the maid work with her hair, braiding certian strands and leaving the rest long.

Finally, after much hair pulling and yelping, i slinked out the door and made my way to breakfast.

But asshe walked, she passed by that closed door. Celuwen stopped in the middle of the hallway, looking at the door as if expecting somthing.

Of course, nothing happened.

'Maybe i'll meet them at breakfast.' She thought, singing a small tune before heading off to the dining hall.

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by quillian91]
Lady~Shay
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 09:34
(OOC: hey aelin! like your thread so far...looks really good....um, can i play Elrond? can't now, but tonite i'll post...later)
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 11:51
(OCC: Love the thread- can I join? My character is Amarie Halfelven,- she's in the database- please check if she fits, if not I'll create another character ....)
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 04:02
[OOC: *giggles* Lol! Oh and just to tell you all, my post timings are going to be a little erratic due to the fact I have a feeling I'm in a totally different time zone from everyone else here... Afternoon for me is, like, 1 am or so in the US, if the clock thingies in this forum are anything to go by...]

Once again, Erestor realised he'd slept the night in his favourite corner in the library. With a slight yawn, he gathered up the books he'd been trying to read simultaenously [OOC: don't ask why.] and made to leave. Then he caught sight of a familiar figure at the far end of the rows of bookshelves.

It was Ochadrion. Erestor sighed. He never really knew what to do with that elf, even Elrond had been unable to help him, what more a mere councillor and bookeeper? The same old feeling of inadequacy washed over him. He knew of Ochadrion's endless search through the logs and histories on the Last Alliance, and yet even himself - he who should know the library better than anyone else - had been unable to find any lead. It didn't help that Ochadrion remembered nothing.

"Ochadrion? You haven't been here all night, have you?"
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 05:12
OOC: Oh, and I forgot, but here is Erestor's profile (Sorry Aelin I totally didn't realise you had your own, er, version of Erestor too until too late!)

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=4863
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 07:23
(OOC: I might have the same problem with the time if you are based in the USA- sorry, I'm new enough not to know....)

"Ochardrion? You haven't been here all night, have you?" she heard Erestor ask and looked around with a bad consciousness.

Amarie was known to spent whole weeks in the library and it was not seen favorably. She peered from behind the pile of books in front of her, careful not to be noticed.
She saw Erestor standing in front of Ochardrion. Ever since Ochadrion had been in Rivendell he had behaved strangely. No one had been able to help him. She found him strangely interesting though. But maybe this was because she had been told not to bother with him. Everytime she was forbidden to do something she had a strange desire to do it anyway.

She turned her attention back on the two elfs, listening silently and curiously.
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 08:31
((Elrond is fine, Lady~Shay))

Ochadrion sighed unhappily. "Not the whole night, but most of it. My dreams have been... disturbing. Lady Arwen felt my distress and tried to comfort me, but I could tell even she has lost hope that I will recover my memory. Perhaps I should give up."

Erestor was silent. He knew not what to say. If the Lady Arwen could not give comfort, then his words would be even more useless.

Out of the corner of his eye, Ochadrion noticed a slender figure hiding behind a stack of books.

"No need to listen at keyholes, Lady, my plight is no secret," he said to the eavsdropping elleth.
quillian91
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 11:07
(((Arg, i'm moving to fast. Ignore my last post))

Celuwen's sleep had been disturbed by thought of her journey. The orcs and Wargs had seemed organized, like they were waitng for somthing to happen. These were the thoughts that disturbed her so.

She walked down the hall, her silver hair flowing freely.

The soft orange glow from the candals flodded out from the librry, a place she didnt often wander into. Her ears picked up voices.

It was not uncommen to find elves up at this hour, some liked to look at the stars and sing, others just liked to sit alone and think. It was not uncommen to find the library unoccupied, for Erestor was usually in their, reading or sleeping.

However, there was more than one voice comming from the library.

Her curiosity got the better of her and she walked into the library.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 12:54
Erestor really didn't know what to say. He never was the very "Comforty" type anyway... The he was startled at Ochadrion's sudden comment, and looked around, finally spotting Amarie behind her stack of books.

"Amarie..."

[Edited on 17/4/2005 by Sirithros_Lirenel]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 05:14
She had been spotted. There was nothing else she could do now but confess and face the consequences.
Shyly she came out form behind the books. "Sorry," she said simply. "I did not mean to eavesdrop. And Erestor, I know I should not have been here again, and I should not have looked at the books I did and...and ..." she was getting faster and faster until a look in Erestor's face stopped her.
Guiltily she looked at him, waiting for something to happen. A punishment, anything, "Just let it be over;" she thought. But then a new fear arose. What if Erestor told Elrond....

"Please," she finally said, "do what you want with me, but don't tell Elrond."
All the while she felt Ochadrion's eyes on her. Despite everything else, she still thought him interesting and she resolved she would find out more about him when this was over.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 09:31
Erestor raised an eyebrow, and sighed.

"I'm not blaming you for being in the library, or looking at the books, although you could at least have the grace not to eavesdrop!"

He curbed the forthcoming lecture at the sight of Amarie's near panic. And then it hit him.

"But perhaps you might help..."

He moved off towards the darkest corner in the library, where he stored the numerous family records and histories of the elves of Rivendell, Lindon, and Eregion. Almost all the family lines, from Elrond's down to the servants', were recorded in some form. Erestor ran his hand over the books and scrolls, musing. A couple of years back, he had combed through the entire collection, or so he thought. But then, he now realised, he might have missed a detail or two in his haste to get through every single record...

[Edited on 18/4/2005 by Sirithros_Lirenel]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 08:16
Amarie sighed. At least he had not seen what books she was reading. If he had, his reaction would have been different.

She saw Erestor move to the darkest corner of the library. She knew which books were kept there and she could guess what he wanted her help with.

This will be so boring, one part of her screamed, the other one replied, it will be very interesting to help Ochadrion find his past...
Amarie looked up. She had noticed someone entring the library. There was a woman with silver hair near the door.
Amarie looked directly at the woman, not sure where to place her.

[Edited on 22/4/2005 by Liswen]
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 01:14
Amarie wasn't looking too happy. Erestor felt slightly satisfied. At least this would be a warning for her not to eavesdrop any more. The old family records were littered with poor grammar, writings in various obscure dialects, and were more often than not, in the case of the "lower down" families, quite so very unintelligeble. Elrond had been hounding him for some time to reorganize and revamp this section of the library, but what with the latest spate of treaties needing negotiation, he had all but forgotten.

He was about to assign Amarie to a few of the most packed shelves when he realised someone else was at the library door.
quillian91
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 05:14
She looked around the room her eyes gazing at each occupant, finally comming to a stop on Erestor. She smiled. She had known him for a long time, ever since she fist came to Imladris.

Suddenly the smile was wipped of her face.

"Erestor, mellon nin, should you not be asleep? Knowing you, you have been in hear nearly all day, you honestly should get some rest." She smiled agan and walked over to one of the book shelves, pulling out a ronadom book.

She had always done that to him. Truth was, she felt bad for him. How boring it must be to be sitting in the library sorting paperws and reading. He honestly never got enough sleep.

She glanced up from the book, watching everyone intently.

"Hmm... i have not seen either of them before. How long has i been since i was gone? two, three years? Or perhapse i'm just obliviouse.

She looked directly into the eyes of Ochadrion and suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable. She adverted her eyes, and returned her gaze to the book she was holding.

Just her luck, it was about bow making.

But she could still feel the eyes of the elf and she shifted slightly.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 01:55
"Celuwen, I assure you I got all the rest I need."

Erestor rolled his eyes. She never did understand how much the library (which he had come to think of as "his") and its treasures meant to him.

"And speaking of long absences, what kept you away so long this time? This is Amarie, and Ochadrion, and if you can't remember either of them then I think all that wandering has done something funny to your memory." he remarked drily.

His voice trailed off, realising Celuwen wasn't feeling very comfortable about Ochadrion (but really, he thought, few would) and he turned to Amarie.

"I suppose you could start searching there (he motioned to the furthest corner) instead of eavesdropping while I fill Celuwen in on what she's missed..."
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 02:27
"Very well," Amarie said more meekly than she felt. The corner where she was assigned to contained so much dust that she started by sneezing.
Oh what would she to be able to use magic now. Just speak a spell and the work would do without her having to bother about it.
Muttering she began caring the ancient papers to the front where there was more light. These were indeed very old. She remembered the newer family trees which Elrond had had her study. But these she had never seen. Suddenly interested she started cleaning the topmost parchment and began reading.
After a while she stooped. "Erestor, " she said, " sorry for interrupting, but what exactly am I looking for in these?"
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 07:34
Ochadrion felt slightly uncomfortable. Amarie shouldn't be doing this. He got himself into this mess, didn't he?

But how exactly did I get into this mess in the first place? he mused.

"Please! Do not leave! You have done so much, you needn't fight now!

"I must go, for my dignity."

She wept, he could hear her wails ringing in his ears as he walked away.

Swords. Spears. Blood. The great mace of Sauron.

Evil. Battle. Dust and ash.

Pain, bright and blinding.

Silence.

Voices, whispers, cool touches. Healing. Forgetting.

Torment.

It has not ended. It goes on.

Ochadrion shook himself out of his trance. The healing he remeber, the battle and his injuries had been described to him. But before that? Nothing.

"Amarie," Ochadrion said hesitantly, "You needn't do this. It is my task. Surly there are other things you would rather be doing."
quillian91
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 03:53
"I was some what delayed. As i'm sure you have heard, orcs are roaming again, though this time they are more organized. They saw me, but ignored me. They were shouting in their foul speech. When i attacked, they fought back. It was as if they were on orders. I fear somthing is brewing in the east." Celuwen said, placing a book back onto the shelf.

She walked over and settled herself into a chair.

"Also, i was busy the last time i stayed. Elrond wanted to knwo all that had occured. I had slept, eaten, sang, fought... usually I am obliviouse to the world when i'm in that state"

She stopped and listened intently to what Erestor had to say.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 04:02
"Orcs becoming organised, what will the world come to next?"

Erestor turned slightly so that his words were for Celuwen alone.

"Ochadrion lost his memory in the Last Alliance, and nobody's been able to do anything about it. Amarie is Elrond's niece. But you're right about the orc attacks. Glorfindel says there have been more than usual these days, and they're getting bold. They come nearer and nearer into our lands."
Lady~Shay
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 04:50
(....as much as i would love to play Elrond, my time is slowly being squeezed from my comp! i have only been barely getting on at nite....so, just keep on going...looks really good aelin! good luck!)
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 05:07
Amarie turned to Ochadrion. "Honestly," she said shyly, "I don't mind. It... keeps me out of mischief... Erestor knows what he's doing."
She started looking through the scrolls, looking for Ochadrion's name, but was not successful in the first pile. She organized it neatly to be put back later and got up to get the next one. She could hear clearly what Erestor was discussing with the strange woman. How could he accuse her of evesdropping if they spoke so loudly that everyone could hear them?

She sat down wíth the new pile in front of her and began reading again. This seems so pointless, she thought. Even if his name is in the family trees, that will not tell us much about his past.. There had to be a better way....

Dreams, dreams always told the truth in some form and they were often visions of the past. Maybe someone should analyze his dreams. Or better yet, get into them. She wished Gandalf was here. He could show her how it was done. Or of course she could look it up in some book....

Longigly she looked over at the stack of books that lay untouched on the table in the corner.

aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 10:09
Ochadrion could not keep his mind on his task. Amarie... she was beautiful... but the woman in his dreams... and the silver ring...

He noticed her desperate glance toward a stack of books. Ochadrion smiled slightly. "Go," he said, "Read what you want, you don't need to do this."

Ochadrion accompanied this with a kind smile, to tell her he wasn't dismissing her because he disliked her, but rather cared about her enough to not want her roped in his confused search.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 06:47
Amarie returned the simile. "Thank you, but I dare not continue reading as long as Erestor is here. My uncle has given strict orders that I am forbidden to touch those books. So I'm glad Erestor has not noticed, yet." She spoke in a low voice, hoping Erestor would not hear.

Again she looked at Ochadrion, noticing how handsome he was. And he was interesting. Amarie had to smile at the thought.

"Maybe this will help," she said "But if you don't mind me asking... do you remember anything at all - I mean in dreams or even during the day, some kind of short unconnected flashes of memory?"

She had read that analysing dreams often helped such unfortunate patients who did not remember their past.
She looked again at Ochadrion. Something still drew her to him. He seemed familiar and yet distant and far away. She had a strong desire to help him.
It was decided then. This would be her task until he found his past. Amarie could be stubborn, especially if she had decided something.

She smiled at him again, encouragingly and waited for his answer.

Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 08:21
[OOC: Something tells me we're going to be leaving Rivendell soon... >< Not that I'm complaining... but erestor is. *laughs*]

Erestor was unconsciously overhearing what Amarie was telling Ochadrion.

// That girl might have more brains than I thought. //

On the pretext of looking for a misplaced book, he moved behind them so as to hear more.
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 07:22
((LOL Siri! You're straying a tad from TT, Liswen, I don't want this thread moved to TR, I avoid TR like the plague))

Ochadrion sighed. "Dreams, I have lots of those. But whether they are of my past or not I cannot tell. I have visions of a lady, raven haired and sapphire eyed, but they do not last long. Sometimes I will see a great forest, and a great queen, who emanates power and wisdom. But I cannot make sense of these visions."

Ochadrion wondered if he should show Amarie the things he kept in the locked chest. No, he decided, Those are secret.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 07:43
(00C: Sorry, I didn't want to stray and sorry again, but I don't understand your shortings - What is TT? and what is TR?)

Amarie listened to Ochadrion in wonder. This sounded like a romantic story. She more than ever wanted to help, but did not know how. And she did not know what to say, which was unusual for Amarie. So she just looked at Ochadrion, trying to put everything she wanted to say and could not phrase into this look.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 10:40
[OOC: TT- Totally Tolkien. TR - Tolkien Related. And I definitely agree with Aelin! I went to the TR section for a lookaround and it's pretty unnerving. I remember a particularly traumatising thread involving a PEGASUS, of all things. *faints* I mean, I'm not a total Tolkien purist or anything (I do enjoy to odd good AU) but a magical white winged horse is (in my opinion) going too far. Even the Rohirrim haven't been able to breed one yet.]

Erestor froze. Ochadrion was actually telling someone about his dreams?! He'd *never* told anyone before! Not even Elrond.

// Amarie! How on earth did you accomplish that?! //

Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 03:06
((OOC: Thanks for the explanation. Just tell me if I stray off - and I'll edit...))

Amarie noticed Erestor starteling a bit. Had he been listening? And why is he looking at me now? What have I done?
Nonetheless Amarie continued to focus her attention on Ochadrion. Those clues might be worth something. A lady, raven haired and sapphire eyed, a great forest, and a great queen, who emanates power and wisdom.

What could this mean, Amarie repeated what Ochadrion had said in her mind. A great queen...a forest... Well, Ochadrion was quite old - or wasn't he?

Amarie thought about the history books on the front shelve. She got up quickly, went past Erestor and the newcomer and pulled out three books. She returned with the books to where she had been sitting before and began reading feverishly, turning the pages quickly.

aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 07:35
Ochadrion stared at Amarie. Apparently he'd said something useful, she was attacking the book she held!

He noticed Erestor's look of surprise. "You look as if you've seen a ghost," Ochadrion laughed, "Or, actually, something more pleasantly surprising."
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 04:40
// You're staring, 'Ress...//

Erestor was startled out of his thoughts by Ochadrion's comment.

// Oh great heavenly Valar, I never thought he actually *knew* how to laugh. //

"Oh, er... Just good to see we might be getting somewhere..." he returned the smile awkwardly.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 08:54
" So far I've found only two great realms with great Queens," Amarie muttered. "Lothlorian and Doriath. But I'll keep on looking..."
Her head went back into the book, the third and last one, but she already had an idea what to do next. Now she would look into the family trees connected with those realms. And maybe she would find something.
After a short while she looked up again at Erestor. "Well, you could help instead of staring..." she said grinning.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email