Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Past Long Forgotten
on: April 22, 2005 10:44
Erestor turned back to the family records and began pulling out a few large, old tomes.

"These were from Doriath in the first age. I have a hunch they may help, because it really doesn't look like Ochadrion has Lothlorien blood." [OOC: you realise Lorien elves are sterotypically pale and blonde.]

"Ochadrion, do you remember anything from your first days in Rivendell?"

[Edited on 23/4/2005 by Sirithros_Lirenel]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 10:54
((yes, I ralize that he would not fit into Lorien, but it would be have been boring just to name one realm...))

Amarie looked up from her book. "I've found nothing more so far.." And besides, she thought, this is far too interesting to miss.. She was very exited now. This was the first time she was part of something important.
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 03:10
((DDRMAX2 is soooooo much fun!!!! But I'm sooooo tired! BreakDown drove me insane! It's so fast!))

Ochadrion pondered Erestor's question. "Verye," he said finally, "Just being in pain, then getting healed, and being so lonely. Nothing about Rivendell seemed right. Do you understand what I mean? But the name Lothlorien seems very familiar"

(OOC: Ochadrion did live for a time in Lothlorien, it was there he was reunited with Sadorven.
PS: Sadorveren is my own name in elvish. Just felt like adding that)))
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 05:09
While Erestor was looking at the family trees of Doriath, Amarie snatched a stack of scrolls, detailing the ancient families of Lothlorien. Again she seemed to be attacking the records, reading with great speed, but not lacking accuracy.

"Nothing..." she murmured, taking up the next scroll. After two more, she sighed heavily and laid them aside. She turned back to Ochadrion.

"What exactly seems familiar about Lothlorien. Do you just have a cerain feeling about it, do you dream about it, or do you have a distinctive memory connected with it?" she finally asked, trying to get another clue that would help find where Ochadrion came from.

Maybe he would remember if he saw those places, she thought. At least with Lothlorien that was still possible.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 11:32
[OOC: Cool! I never really liked the elvish version of my name so I constructed my own, lol. ><]

"We could always ask Galadriel to help us with the Lorien records..." Erestor muttered, brow furrowed as he combed through the lengthy family records of Doriath. At length, he set down the book.

"This is going to be too time consuming and probably inaccurate. We're going to need more clues!"

He stopped on a page of family heraldry.

// Of course! One of the most idiot-proof methods. The families of Doriath were greatly proud of their distinctive emblems; each family preserved and displayed its sign proudly. If Ochadrion kept anything from his Last Alliance days...//

aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 07:04
Ochadrion tried to follow Amarie's question. He ended up getting a bit dizzy.

"Erm... all three..." he said tentatively, "I think. I mean, Lothlorien is a wood, and I've dreamed about woods, even one with gold leaves. The dreams I have may be memories, and I have a feeling Lothlorien maybe a lead."

Ochadrion felt his face turn pink. He really wasn't much help at all.

The gulls wheeled and banked, flapping their white wings against the wind.

Sadorveren barely noticed, ignoring even the fine spray on her face. It just mingled with her tears.

"Sadorveren?" Galdor* asked softly.

"Leave me," Sadorveren said shortly.

Galdor sighed. "I wish I could help you."

"You can. By leaving me alone."

"Why do you hate me so?"

"Because you persist even though you cannot have."

"I do not understand."

"I can't love you."

"I know."

"Then just leave."

"I cannot."

Sadorveren sighed, and turned her face away. Still Galdor did not leave. But Sadorveren merely ignored him.

*Elf from the Grey Havens, mentioned in FOTR, The Council of Elrond
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 07:57
"Don't worry, we can't discover all in one day" Amarie said encouringingly when she noticed Ochadrion's uncertainty.

She turned and looked at Erestor for help. She was at a dead end now, too. The only thing she could think of doing now was to go to Lothlorien and see if the place itself did something to Ochadrion's memory. She voiced what she was thinking carfully to Erestor, not sure if it was really a good idea.

Then she looked back at Ochadrion. She felt a strong urge to take him into her arms and comfort him, but she resisted, knowing instincively that he would not like that.

[Edited on 25/4/2005 by Liswen]
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 12:58
"Well, perhaps a visit to the Golden Wood might help..." Erestor said grudgingly.

"And I have an idea. Ochadrion, if you kept anything, weapons or armour or a talisman from the Last Alliance... Do you still keep something with anything resembling a crest on it?"
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 06:36
Amarie looked exitedly at Erestor. That would mean travelling. She had wanted to get out of Rivendell for a while anyway. This would be perfect. Happily Amarie smiled at the thought of this adventure.
Dreamily she looked past Erestor, thinking up all the wonderful things that would happen to them and the eventuall retrieval of Ochadrion's memory, in which she had played a major part...
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 09:29
Ochadrion slowly nodded. "I have a sword... but I don't know if it has a crest on it, I'm not exactly sure what a crest is," Ochadrion cast a helpless look toward Amarie, but she was staring dreamily into space.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 11:37
"Well... a sort of family symbol... like these."

Erestor held out the book to Ochadrion.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 02:19
A crest... a family symbol...

Amarie was drawn back into reality. Looking at Ochadrion and Erestor she said, "Forgive me, my thoughts wondered..." and smiled embarressed.
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 11:40
Ochadrion studied the picture. He shook his head. "No," he informed Erestor, "It bears no design save a vine running from hilt to tip."

Ochadrion cast a smile to the blushing Amarie. "Thoughts do that often without the minds consent," he said.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 08:40
// Too close. Too idiot-proof to be good. I suppose the Valar don't want to let us go 'till we've been through Mandos or the like... //

Erestor sighed. Patience was not one of his virtues.

"Don't tell me. You're thinking of a trip to Lothlorien."
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 08:47
"Why not," Amarie grinned at Erestor. She knew he did not like to travell. "First, they have a bigger library. And then, Ochadrion's memory might be triggered by somthing he sees there, or smells, or hears.... "

Come on, she thought, don't spoil the little adventure Erestor.

She looked at him full of expectation.
quillian91
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 03:59
(((Sorry i havent posted in a long time, i had 2 weeks of testing and i had to study alot.)))

Had she heard correctly, a trip...a journey?

"I can help!" Celuwen said standing up. Her eyes gleamed with exitement at the though to going an another journey. "I know many roads to Lothlorien. I can take you the safets and quickest roads." She failed to mentiont he fact that the dangerouse one were always the one she craved.

She didnt understand it herself, why she felt the need to prove herslef. Maybe it was related to her past. She honestly didnt care whether she found it out or not. She had tried one, which was the reason for her taveling, but she soon just didnt care anymore.

For some reason unknown to her, she just knew that her past held things she would rather not remember. Though it did cross her mind every so often that she might have a family somewhere. She often thought wondered how she ended up in the river without her memories.

She had traveled hastily and franticaly searching for peices of her former life, but she had for so long that her travles soon had no meaning. She simply liked teh wind in her hair ans she rode down the path, of the pine tree smeel of the forest, or the cool, crystal water ans she dabbed her sore feet in it.

"Take me with you. I can lead you there. Plus, i was going to go their anyways, will you not let me tag along?"
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 07:27
Ochadrion laughed for the second time that day. Laughing felt... strange, sort of rusty but yet... wonderful. It had been quite a while since he laughed.

"It seems as if we have a full crew!" Ochadrion exclaimed, "You can't get out of it now, Erestor."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you mean?" Sadorveren exclaimed.

"Exactly what I said," Thalion said gravely.

"If only we had listened to the warnings of Galadriel and Elrond," moaned Galdor.

"Some of us did," snapped Sadorveren, "Others were too stupid."

"Galdor, Sadorveren!" chastised Thalion, "I am not here to mother you!"

Ashamed, Galdor was silent. Sadorveren flicked her long black hair over her shoulder.

"I outage you by millenia!" she exclaimed, "If anyone is in need of mothering, it is you two, and done by me."

"Enough!" shouted Cirdan, stepping inside the room, "We have an even graver danger then the stirrings of the shadows in the east."

Galdor started to speak, but Sadorveren cut him off with a glare. She had a feeling an incredibly stupid question was about to come out.

"Mithrandir suspects the One Ring has been found," Cirdan continued. A collective gasp swept the room.

"And, that Saruman, the Wisest of the Wise, desires to posses it," Cirdan said quietly.

((OOC: The spots of Thalion, Galdor, and Cirdan are open))
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 03:24
If Erestor disapproved of blasmephy before, he was now seriously considring changing his mind...

"NO!" he near yelled. "For one, I have my councillor's duties to attend to, *and* the paperwork, *and* teaching the elflings *and* the treaties to negotiate..."

He paused, trying to find another point to strengthen his stand.

"I'll just go tell Elrond that you'll be going away for a while..."

He tried to inch out of the library...

[OOC: We need an Elrond!]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 12:30
Carefully Amarie held Erestor back. "No, Erestor, listen," she tried to reason. " This place will run without you for while, I'm sure Elrond and his sons can take over while we are gone, nothing will break down - and besides, we need you more than Elrond and Rivendell. Neither Ochadrion, nor Celuwen, nor I have the knowledge about books and families you have and on top of that, you have access to the rare volumes, too, which we would never be allowed to see. So, you simply do not have a chance. You'll have to come with us!"
Sill thinking about further arguments she had slid by Erestor and stood now between him and the door.
Amarie looked at Ochadrion and Celuwen for help - maybe they would be able to persuade him.

[Edited on 2/5/2005 by Liswen]
quillian91
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 01:59
Celuwen nodded and sent a fiery glare that would make a balrog scream with fear at Erestor.

"You are comming with us. How long has it been since you have gotten away from Imladris? 40 years?! You have to come with us. I'm positive Rivendell can run without you for a while. Its not like your leaving forever. And besides, you wouldnt leave us alone without a knowlegable elf such as yourself to help us with our studying and accesing rare volumes that may help us find out Ochadrion's past, will you?"

Celuwen pouted and let her silver hair hide her face. How could he say no when practicaly everyone was against him?
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 08:21
"Imladris can survive fine without you, Erestor," Ochadrion said, "At least, for a short time. Perhaps someone will finally be allowed in here to clean."

The Library was in desperate need of dusting, but there wasn't anyone bold enough to disturb Erestor to clean. Well, the twins would get a kick out of driving Erestor nuts, but Ochadrion couldn't see them cleaning anything.

"What's so funny?' Amarie asked.

Ochadrion realized he had been grinning to himself. "Oh, nothing much," he replied, "I just had a picture of Elladan and Elrohir having a wet rag fight in the Library."
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 01:04
If Erestor was the type to scream, he would have. Instead, he returned Celuwen's glare with his own patented one.

"All the more reason I stay. I do *not* need a pair of hyperactive twins in here among the priceless documents. *Especially* not a pair of hyperactive twins with wet rags. Parchment and papyrus do *not* tolerate dampness well."
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 05:27
Amarie chuckled, then began laughing. Her laugh was a clear, beautiful laugh that was very catching. Few people could resist laughing with her when she started.

Between laughs and gasping for breath she said, "As if they would come in here unless dragged and bound and strongly guarded..."

After she had calmed down somewhat she added. "Don't look for a way out, Erestor, we will have a counterargument for any argument you bring up - so why not save the time and start getting ready?"
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 08:28
"Besides," Ochadrion said, smiling, "The twins haven't been given sugar in quite some time. They've mellowed."

"Until they find the secret stash of dates used for baking," Erestor muttered.

"Ah," Ochadrion grinned, "How would you know about a secret stash unless you yourself have been sneaking them? Last time I checked, you weren't much of a cook."
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 01:10
"No." Erestor rolled his eyes. "Either way stop trying to digress. Tell you what. We'll go see Elrond about this. If he says I go, then I will. If not, I am staying."

He was banking on the hope Elrond would be too scared what the twins could get up to should he have left.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 09:12
Amarie rolled her eyes. "Very well, she said, but our arguments are convincing, even for Elrond. "

She already knew what she would say, if the three of them could not convince Elrond. She looked at Ochadrion and the at Caludwen and wincked. She was positive Elrond would send them off and then they would have the chance to shake the dust from themselves and have a little adventure.

"What are we waiting for," she said impatiently "Let's go to Elrond..."
They all left the library, Erestor leading. On the way to Elronds quaters they could here a huge commotion. Elladan and Elrohir were running, with the cook behind them, swearing furiously.

Amarie chuckled again. Thinking that only a year or two back she would have joined them in the fun. But all the studying that Elrond had imposed on her had sobered her somewhat. Although sometimes she was still game for a joke, as long as it did not hurt anyone.

The three figures ran out of sight and Amarie truned her thoughts back on the task ahead. She hoped they would find Elrond in the right mood, then she knew they would not have any problem, but if something had been bothering him before, no one knew what he might say.
It would be so much easier if Erestor was not so reluctant to leave Imladris, even if only for a little while.

Finally they reached Elrond's quaters. Amarie took a deep breath when they entered. Seening Elrond standing in front of the window, obviously deep in thought.

[Edited on 5/5/2005 by Liswen]
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 11:17
Erestor sighed as Elladan and Elrohir went hurtling past at a ferocious rate.

//After all the discipline I tried to instill into them...//

"See?" he raised his eyebrows. "If those two wind up in the library..."

He stopped as they reached Elrond's study, and tapped sharply on the door.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 08:03
Amarie began to speak. "My Lord Elrond, we have come to ..." Elrond had turned around and Amarie had a lump in her throat. Why did this always have to happen? Why did she have so much respect and reverence for this man that it made everything difficult.
Elrond, however, stood there and listened patiently at what Amarie had to say, looking now at Erestor, now at Ochadrion or Celudwen. When Amarie had finished - and she was glad that no one could see what effort it had cost her - Elrond turned to Erestor.
Exitedly Amarie looked at the two and murmured "Please, please, please...." barely audible under her breath.

[Edited on 7/5/2005 by Liswen]
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 08:22
"With the exception of Erestor, we all desire to journey to Lorien," Ochadrion said, "And, quite frankly, we cannot go without Erestor. He is the only one of us who posesses enough knowledge of history. If I still had my memory..." Ochadrion shook his head. "Why, we wouldn't be needing to go!" he exclaimed, "So, you see, this is quite important."

Ochadrion wondered why he was pleading with Elrond. He knew the half-elf was by far younger than him! (Or so he had been told) But Elrond was Elrond, and even he owed him respect.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 12:30
(OOC I think, Elrond should answer at least something at this point, so if no one minds, I'll do that - if there is anything I forgot or did wrong, please tell me and I'll edit.)

Elrond looked at the group before him. He did not quite understand all the commotion, but he knew that Erestor would not like to travel - yet what the others had said made sense and he could indeed spare Erestor for a little while. Perhaps a little time away would do Erestor some good after all.

"Very well," he began. "You all will be sent to discover Ochadrion's past. Go where you need to go and return when you think it is necessary. Erestor - you will go with them and you will watch out for Amarie."

Amarie made a small jump of exitement, then ran to Elrond and in her impulsive way threw her arms around him. "Thank you," she said, then realizing what she had just done, she let go quickly and steped back. She wanted to say sorry, but then she saw Elrond smiling.

"Well", she said, "turning to the group, "We should get ready. When do we depart?"
But when she looked at Erestor, she knew that he would not go without first dicussing it. And in the next moment Erestor approached Elrond.
Amarie roled her eyes. Couldn't he just come with them? Why did he always have to complicate things...

[Edited on 20/5/2005 by Liswen]
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 01:39
Elrond knew what was coming and turned his eyebrow of doom on his chief advisor.

"Don't you *dare*. I am giving you an *order* to get out of your library so that I can do something about the dust and I solemnly swear that I will not let Elladan or Elrohir wreak havoc in there as long as you spare me another of your infamous debates." (here he turned to the others.) "Erestor is going with you. Now go and pack!"

Erestor glared, but orders were orders.

"Fine! *Fine*! On your head be it. If I come back to find *anything* wrong in the library I'll have you walking naked on the railings of one of Cirdan's ships in a typhoon."

He slammed the door behind him as he swept out of the room and made his way back to the library to issue instructions, after which he went to the stables to see to his horse.
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 08:44
Ochadrion grinned at Erestor's threat. Now that would be a sight to see. Or rather... not to see.

It took Ochadrion little time to pack his sparse belongings. After doing such, he went to the stables. "Sorry old friend," Ochadrion told his ancient horse, "You cannot come this time, Cloudrider. You're getting too old for such adventures." Ochadrion patted Cloudrider's neck, then continued on to get Birchbranch, a small grey mare he often rode, ready.

Birchbranch whinneyed with excitement. "Aren't you full of energy today!" Ochadrion exclaimed. Birchbranch pranced daintily. "My little lady, aren't you, Branchie?" Ochadrion scratched Birchbranch's ear. Behind him Cloudrider snorted. Ochadrion laughed. "Jealous, Cloud?" But Ochadrion patted Cloudrider, just to let him know he was still important.

"Be safe, Sadorveren. Safe and swift," Cirdan said, patting her horse, Seaspirit. "Fear not, this journey is but a walk in a garden compared to some I have made in the past," Sadorveren assured him, "It will be no trouble." "Farewell," said Cirdan. "Fly, Seaspirit!" Sadorveren told her horse. The white mare took off at a gallop.

Ride, rest, ride, rest. The next few days passed without incident. Soon the Shire and the villiage of Bree was far behind. "This is where danger begins," Sadorveren said to Seaspirit as the mountains loomed nearer. Thay approached Rivendell. Seaspirit sniffed the air. "I know you smell sweet grass," said Sadorveren, "But we cannot stop in Imladris. We must continue until nightfall. The valley will be far behind by then." Seaspirit snorted, but continued on.

Sadorevern examined her map as she sat beside her small fire, the stars alight overhead. "At this rate, we will arrive at Lothlorien in a fortnight*, maybe a bit longer." Sadorvern patted Seaspirit one last time before lying down to sleep.

*Two weeks
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 10:33
Amarie was very exited. She almost flew to her room and threw a few things into her saddlebags, not bothering to fold them properly.
Then she went to the stables where her horse was waiting. Thorondur was a handsome dark brown and very fast. She had been riding him ever since Elladan gave him to her years ago. She loved that horse.
So she approached him with a joyous heart, and some sweets.
"We will be off soon, my friend..." she said, petting the horse's forehead. She smiled with an inward joy and exitement at the coming adventure.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 01:02
[OOC: WHEE MY EXAMS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!
Eh sorry couldn't resist gloating.
Anyway, hope noone minds if I speed things up a little...]

As dawn broke, Erestor made his way down to the stables with his saddlebags.

Mithril whinnied and snorted as he entered, tossing his fine black mane as Erestor led him out into the yard.

"Oh come on." he glared. "Stop showing off."

aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2005 09:35
((Not a problem))

Ochadrion secured the saddlebags quickly, then swung up onto Birchbranch. She pranced in a circle whinneying. Ochadrion glanced over at Erestor. "Branch, stop trying to attract Mithril's attention," Ochadrion scolded, "He a show-off already!" Birchbranch ignored him, as usual. "Who will lead the way?" Ochadrion asked.

"Well, a little longer than a fortnight," Sadorveren admitted to herself as the Mist Mountains faded behind her. She had forgotten that it took a while to go around and through Rohan. Seaspirit snorted. "Oh stop it!" Sadorveren exclaimed, "I will not have a horse telling me 'I told you so'!"

Seaspirit just pranced, as if saying 'Whatever.' "No more apples for you," Sadorveren muttered angrily, and urged her horse into a gallop.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email