Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
Post Wait... where's Frodo? (no new members, please)
on: April 22, 2005 04:55
Hello!

Welcome to "Wait... where's Frodo?" In this thread we will be replacing the members of the Fellowship with our own characters. Remember, anything can change as long as the ring makes its way to Mt. Doom. I would recommend, however that the ring starts in the Shire then heads for Rivendell by way of Bree. But that is not set in stone.

Also, characters who are not with the ring at the beginning (non hobbits) are welcome to make posts describing their journey to Rivendell (or Bree or where ever they choose to meet the ring.

If there are any questions please feel free to pm me.

I think it would be best if the first In Character post belonged to our ring bearer. So, Octy, Take it away!
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Wait... where's Frodo? (no new members, please)
on: April 22, 2005 06:12
OOC: Hello all! Sorry for the delay!

BIC: Pansy Sackville-Bracegirdle arose from her canopied four-post bed. What a lovely morning, she thought, I wonder what Gilly, Holman, and Mac are up to… She walked out of her room, stretching and yawning. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she entered the kitchen; but instead of finding her cooking gardener, who was called Merimac, she found her old Uncle Bungo Bracegirdle, eating a sandwich.
“Uncle Bungo!” she cried, “ how many times do I have to tell ye? Ye shouldn’t be snacking between meals. Merimac had to feed the rest of last night’s dinner to the dogs. Again. It’s so wasteful!”
“Oh, all right,” Bungo grumbled, stuffing the rest of the sandwich in his mouth. Pansy smiled; her old uncle’s belt was loosened a notch every four months. He just loved eating.
Presently, there was the sound of a door opening and closing. That must be him… Pansy walked down to the entrance to Bracegirdle Manor. A slightly round hobbit with brown hair and eyes dressed in light blue trousers, all rolled up stood before her. “ Good Mornin’ Mac!” Pansy said with a smile, tilting her head. The fact that it was her thirty-third birthday completely escaped her memory…
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 01:51
Merimac stood at the door. He held an empty large basket in one hand. "Hullo, Miss Pansy." he said, "How are ye?"

He shifted and looked about. "Well, I was just seein' if there was a list of items ye needed from market an' then I was gettin' off there."

I wonder if she recalled it was her birthday today or if her uncle mentioned anything to her about the party, he thought
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 09:02
OOC: Nice posting so far, happy! Keep it up!

BIC: " Oh, just dandy, Mac!" Pansy replied, curtsying slightly. Her small smile broadened.

" Ah, the Market... I have a small list right here," she said, handing the piece of parchment to Merimac. " I don't suppose I can join ye? I do so want to see what sort of new items there might be. There's always a lovely stand with all sorts of trinkets and nick-nacks. I hear that this week they have a mystery box, all the way from Gondor! They haven't opened it yet, but I would love to get it. Even if it's not anything special, it'll be great fun guessing what might be in there!"
Pansy loved seeing all the sights at the market; it was almost like stepping into a completely different world, far from the mundane, everyday sort of happenings in the Shire. Pansy was a born explorer. When she and Meri were very young, they had romped all over the hills from Bag End to Buckland.
Pansy smiled at Mac again, wondering what his reply would be...

[Edited on 24/4/2005 by x_xEruwestieLx_x]
~Stella~
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 12:58
"Good, Miss Pansy." he said to her with a small smile, "No need to bow though. I should be bowing to you, not ye to me - if you follow."
Mac blushed slightly.

"Thank-ye, ma'am." he said, sticking the piece of parchment in his pocket, "Well...I will be there fer awhile. It'll bore ye I am sure - I didn' rightly plan on going to the part of the market that sells trinkets. I need to get grass seed an' the food." Mac did not wish for Pansy to come really - he had birthday party shopping to do. "It migh' be sold all ready, miss." he told her

OOC: thanks. Though I wanna add more. Not sure what to post.
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 08:51
Pansy pouted, slightly jutting her lower lip out. " Oh, that's too bad, Mac. I was hopin' to spend the day with ye. It's been a while since we last had fun together. And to bad about that mystery box. I really wish that I could have seen what was inside."
Pansy hugged Mac around the neck and waved goodbye as he left. " Hmm, what shall I do now?" She turned around and headed toward the kitchen. Uncle Bungo stood up right, spun around, and closed up the pantry. A crumpet was sticking halfway out of his mouth.
" Uncle! Ye must stop eating like this, it could kill ye if you're not careful," Pansy nagged; the doctor had told her that Bungo's heart was failing, and that he wouldn't live long if he kept over eating. " Bungo, we must remember what the doctor --"
A loud knock at the door interrupted her, mid-sentence.

OOC: Does that help, happy? Oh, and someone please be at the door! Anyone at all, even multiple people. We need more than just two writers in here, so let's have fun!
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 08:55
(Hi all, sorry I havent posted sooner, My internet was down all weekend.)

Holman was wandering down the road when he spotted Merimac and Pansy talking. "Hello Pansy, Merimac!" He said walking up to them. "What are you two up to this fine day?"
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 09:33
Hi all Im playing Fladnag aka Ganldalf.Happy helped me get the name for my Character,and I just wanted to thanks her for helping me Thanks bunches Happy .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fladnag was riding down the road on a bright sunny day.He was watchiing all the kids playing in the feilds.He was excited for the nights events to start.Fladnag couldn't wait till he was able to show his suprise.He was getting quite anxious as a matter of fact.The kids in the feild saw Fladnag and they all started to run after him.Fladnag got a smile on his face and he suddenly stopped the cart.That startled all the kids.They thought they might be in a bit of trouble.
'Well,well what do we have here?' '' Fladnag asked''.'A bunch of little ones fallowing my cart'.'And why might you be following me?' ''he asked''.
'We are all excited to see you''.''one said with excitement.''
Fladnag reached into his cart and pulled a bag out of it.'I might have something that you little one's just might like'.''He said,'' with a smile.He reached into his bag and pulled out some sweet treats for all the kids around and gave it to them.'There this will be a good treat for the wonderful greatings you all have given me.' ''Fladnag said,''as he climbed back up into his cart.He went a little further down the road til he came to pansy's house.He then stopped his cart again in front of her house.There he saw Holman and Merimac standing there talking in front of Pansy's yard.He greeted them with a hello and he tipped his large pointy hat.He then walked up to Pansy's house and nocked on her door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that helps you with the knock Octy!!!!!!!!!

x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 05:54
OOC: Oh yes, Muchly! I hope that this works...

BIC: The knock resounded through the house, the sound of perhaps a stick knocking on wood. " Now who do ye suppose?" Pansy wondered aloud. She walked down the hall and heard another knock. " Oh, I do hope that it isn't Sandyman's boy playing around again. That child needs to be disciplined. And that's what I mean to do."
Pansy came to the door, and heard one final knock. She called loudly so that the child might hear her, " Alright, you. Step away from the door, or I shall have to tell your father!"
When no response came, but another knock, Pansy became angry, and pulled the door open. " I told ye, no more banging at me-- Fladnag? Fladnag, my old friend! It's wonderful to see ye after all these years! Why, I haven't seen ye since I became a tweenager. It's been too long!"
Pansy rushed out to greet her wise old wizard friend. She hugged Fladnag tightly and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She was so happy to see her mother's mentor and most trusted friend...
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 09:10
The door flung open and there he saw Pansy.'Ha ha ha', ''Fladnag was laughing''.'That would be a hard feet for even you Pansy'.'To tell my father on me,ha ha ha.Now that is a trick I would love to see'.''Fladnag said'', with a laugh.He than hugged Pansy tightly.'I am so glad to see you to',''he said'', with a smile.'It has been way to long'.'So how have you been?''Fladnag asked''.''Lets walk shall we?
They started walking,out of the gate and down the road they went.They suddenly ended up in the field.The fields were full of flowers,trees and bushes.There were even vegetable gardens.The whole Shire looked so beautiful,that even Fladnag was even amased.
'This all looks better then I remember'.''Fladnag said''.It was wonderfull to see all those children laughing and playing in the feilds as I came into the Shire'.''he proclaimed''.'I am so happy to see the Shire do as well as it has'.'I got a letter that told me I should be here on this day'.'It didnt say why,it just told me to be here today'.'I recieved the letter from Holman'.'Do you know why he would send for me?Well I am here, so we shall make merry of it while I am here'.
Fladnag and Pansy went and sat down by a tree.There they continued to tlalk for quite a long time.

>>>>>>>>>>ok Octy its your call now <<<<<<<<<<<

x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 10:43
OOC: Why thank ye! (****** = flashback... might happen more often, so heads up!)

BIC: Pansy bit her knuckle thoughtfully. Holman, the sly hobbit lad, had invited Fladnag to the Shire. Why on earth would he do that? Pansy thought back to eariler that morning, when Holman showed up.
Holman was wandering down the road when he spotted Merimac and Pansy talking. "Hello Pansy, Merimac!" He said walking up to them. "What are you two up to this fine day?"

Pansy curtsied to her handsome cousin and replied, " Oh, I am doing wonderful! What am I doing? Not much really, Just seeing Mac here off to the market. He won't let me come, so I have nothing to do."
Holman smiled widely, and a sly grin it was...
" Oh, Fladnag! I'm sorry if my cousin troubled you!" Pansy said, bowing her head slightly. She had absolutely no idea what anyone was up to today, they all seemed to avoid her. She couldn't think of any reasons why the other hobbits would ignore her.
Pansy looked up at Fladnag and poked at his gnarled wooden staff. She remembered putting notches into it to measure her height when he came. Pansy looked at the last line; she had grown a whole head taller since her tweens.
" Fladnag," she began, " have ye noticed that the hobbits are all ignoring me today? You are the only one I have really spoken to today..." She sat down on the grass, put her chin on her knees, and sighed.
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 02:10
Fladnag watched as Pansy played with his staff.Would you like to see it?'The staff I mean'.'Fladnag asked''.Fladnag handed Pansy the staff and wathched her play with the noches.'Yes,you have grown much since the last noch was put in my staff'.he said to her'.'I really didnt notice any hobbits on the street,the only two I saw was Holman and Merimac'.I am sorry if you feel ignored'.''He replied to Pansy''.''But I am sure that is not what is happening my friend''.'You mustn't feel that way'.''he said with a grin''.'There is no need to worry about your cousin troubling me'.'It was high time I came for a visit anyways'.'I was glad to hear from him,and that he wanted me to come'.'But I still wonder why he wanted me to come on this day,that will puzzle me until I sit down and speak with him'.
'Fladnag said''.'Come can we go and get some tea?I am quite thirsty from my long jouney'.
They both got up and walked back to Pansy's house where she prepared Fladnag some tea.

x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 07:15
OOC: (~O.o)~ Erm... k. Cool post Hildi, but what was with that sudden "The staff I mean" bit? What else would Fladnag show Pansy, unless he had a birthday gift or something? I dunno, but I liked the post a lot.

BIC: Pansy set the kettle boiling over the fire and turned to the old wizard. " Fladnag? What did you mean, it was high time ye visited? Is something going on?"
She excused herself for a moment and came back with plates of crumpets, tarts, cakes, cookies, and a little bit of salted pork. Salted pork was one of Pansy's favourite Afternoon Tea-time foods, although it traditionally went with Elevensies, Lunch, Dinner, and Supper.
Pansy set the plates down on the small table and took a seat across from her old friend. " What sort of adventures have ye had lately, Fladnag? I do so miss the stories ye used to tell me as a child." She looked off into the flames,smoke gently rising up to the chimney; she remembered when Fladnag told her of the tales with the Dwarves, the very first adventure he told to her. Smiling, Pansy had a far-off look in her eyes...
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 11:14
After Pansy and Flandag went off to talk, Holman pulled Merimac aside and put a few coins in his hand. "Here's my share for Pansy's present. Get her something nice and don't forget to seperate it from the rest of her groceries. I'll go make sure the pub gets decorated in time. Hopefully Flandag will find the time to slip away from Pansy and meet with me."

(OOC Holman's pub is named The Happy Dog Pub. (absolutely no relation to happy_dawg I assure you) It is ouned by Holman and his two brothers Reginard and Frodo(aka fred) They will not be joining us on our adventure but they will be present at the party )
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 11:05
I honestly dont know what I meant by ''The staff I mean''!I kinda had in mind that maybe Pansy was looking at his ring too.Sorry I should of specified.

'I would like some salted pork and some crumpets if I may'.I am a bit hungry too'.''Fladnag replied''.I didnt realize I was so hungry until you mentioned food,he said with aslight giggle''.Well it has been such a long time since I have seen all my friends in the Shire,so that is why I said, it was High time for a visit.''Fladnag said''.
Fladnag started telling Pansy a tail of the Elves and how wondrefull they are.Fladnag was even telling Pansy of all the different weapons the evles use,such as the bows,daggers and swords.Fladnag watch the amazement in Pansy's eyes and that made him feel so happy that she loved his stories so.He finished his story and got up from the table.
'I must go find Holman now,I must see him to see why he needed me here today'.''Faldnag said, as he headed for the door''.'I will come and see you before the day is done'.Fladnag then walked out the door and went down the street.He came to a sudden halt as he seen Holman go into the Happy Dog Pub.He than quickened his pace,couse he was quite anxious to find out why Holman wanted him here today.Fladngag then walked into The Happy Dog Pub and was looking for Holman,when he spotted him by the bar.Fladnag then walked over to Holman and greeted him with a hug.'How are you my friend'.''Fladnag asked''.Come lets go sit at a table and talk for a bit'.''He said'', as they walked to a table and sat down'.'Now tell me Holman,why did you want me here on this day? ''Fladnag asked,'' with much curiosity.

Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 02:38
Holman was wiping down the bar when Flandag came in. Maggie, the Greenhand's dog (forgot to mention her in my last post) and mascot of the pub immediately trotted up to greet him with a sniff and a wagging tail. "Flandag! Glad you finally found the time to visit the person who sent for you " Holman said as he walked up to the wizard and gave him a hug. "Fred! finnish up with the bar will you? I need to have a talk with Flandag."

Fred: Do it yourself, ya lay-about!

Holman shook his head and sat down with Flandag. "Now, about the letter. The reason I asked you to come here today is because it is Pansy's birthday and we will be throwing her a suprise party here at the pub. I am sorry if I inconvenienced you but I knew it would make her very happy if you were here." Maggie sat beside Flandag and layed her head in his lap. "Oh, shoo dog! He doesn't want you bothering him." Holman said to her. Maggie lifted her head and looked at him then put it back.
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 07:17
OOC: National Pet Appreciation Week!!!

BIC: Pansy was a little sad that Fladnag had gone off, and left her alone again. She sat down on the edge of her bed, feeling glum. Why does everyone ignore me today? she asked herself, I hate being alone more than anything, I can't stand it! I do hope that someone, anyone will visit me...
The young lass sighed, but she was presently interrupted by a small *Meow* behind her. Her calico kitty Checkers (Named thusly for the strange checkered markings on her forehead) mewed again and hopped into her master's lap.
" Why, hullo, Miss Checkers! How are ye today?" Pansy smiled, stroking her soft fur. Checkers purred loudly in reply. " Well, at least I have you, dear. I don't think I could have stood another minute alone."
Pansy picked up her cat and walked out the back door. From her house, she could see the Brandywine and Farmer Maggot's corn field, the ears on their stalks swaying in the breeze. It was a wonderful day, but the poor lass had nobody to share it with.
I wish that dear Mac were here, he could cheer me up instantly. Even seeing Gilly or Holman would be nice, she sighed again, and let Checkers down. She walked down to the riverbank, her cat following her faithfully. Dunking her feet into the cool waters, Pansy began to hum a song her parents used to sing before she went to sleep.
A small tear trickled down her cheek, and on she hummed, thinking of happy times past. She got up and began to head in the direction of the Green Dragon Inn. Perhaps there is someone there I can talk to. Pansy brushed her dress off and stepped inside...

[Edited on 4/5/2005 by x_xEruwestieLx_x]
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 04:50
Oh!It is Pansy's birthday isnt it',''Fladnag replied''.'Its a good thing I brought some suprises for tonight.I hope you have a wonderful party planned,then I will bring out my suprise that I brought everyone'.''Fladnag said''.'I will have to figure out something special for her,I am sure I will have something to give her'.You surely did not inconvenience me, Holman.It was high time I came anyways'.Its been to long that I have been away.Oh, leave that old odg alone,he is not bothering me'.''Fladnag said, as he patted the dog on the head''.
Fladnag sat there and pondered a bit.So that is why Pansy is feeling like everyone wants nothing to do with her.She feels as if everyone is ignoring her'.''Fladnag stated''.Well ok then,I am glad I got to talk with you.I though there was some great importants that you sent for me,and I see that there is',''he said with a grin''.Well we need to come up with something so Pansy dont feel so alone on her birthday.It should be the most happy day for her,and she is so down right now.Will you come with me to see her again Holman?''Fladnag asked''.

Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 08:01
Maggie wagged her stubby tail when the wizard patted her head.

"I would like to visit Pansy with you Flandag, but I am afraid I need to stay here and prepare for the party. Otherwise it will never get done." Holman got up an yelled into the back room. "Have you boys found the decorations yet?" "Yeah, we found them, but YOU'RE putting them up." Reginard yelled back. "Fine fine fine, just make sure to get the food and drinks ready." Holman went back to the table. "Sorry Flandag, but I am really busy at the moment. Could you keep Pansy occupied for me? Just make sure she stays away from here until 6:00."
~Stella~
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 03:11
OOC: I am so sorry I have not posted everyone! Happy Dog Pub? Hmmm…is that anything to do with me or am I just being a little vain?

“We are growin’ up, Miss Pansy,” Meri replied quietly as he started down the lane. His cheeks redden when his back was turned when she hugged him. He nodded slightly to Holman. “Goin’ to the market, Holman,” he said, as he made his way even further. Meri nodded to Fladnag as he descended the walk.

Meri jumped slightly as he was pulled aside. He then nodded. “All righ’,” he said, frowning a little, “Of course. I was jus’ goin’ to get the cake as well.” Meri nodded slowly. “I’d best be off.” He said to Holman.

Gilly Ploughman was on top of a table, dancing and singing. “Oh There was a lad in ol’ Buckland, who was as wide as he was tall,” the tweenager sang, “He once sat down on a four inch town and…oh hello Pansy!” The young hobbit hopped off the table. “How are you this mornin’?” She crossed her arms in front of her and a strand of short, curly brown hair fell in front of her eyes. “So are ye ready for your party? Oops…I should not have said that.” Gillys’ cheeks flush scarlet.
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 08:46
Pansy looked up at her friend and cousin, Gilly, who was at the moment dancing on the table, and singing a dreafuly silly song." Oh, hello Pansy!" she interrupted herself.
" Hello, Gilly! Oh, I am just wonderful!" Pansy lied; she didn't want her cousin to know that she had been crying. She looked down at her toes, not paying attention to much else as she tried to regain composure.

“ So, are ye ready for your party? Oops…I should not have said that.” Gilly's cheeks flushed scarlet.

Pansy looked up, confused, " What did ye say?" She thought she had heard something about something ending in A-R-T-Y, but she wasn't sure. She had never been one for paying attention...
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2005 11:29
(I think we got our pubs crossed here. Hildi, Flandag shouldn't have run into Pansy upon leaving the Happy Dog Pub because Pansy was going to the Green Dragon. And yes Stella, you are being a little vein just kidding )

Holman went about preparing the pub for the party. He set up many decorations, prepared a large meal (even for hobbits) and set out enough drink to satisfy half the shire.

(I will have to leave it at that for now, I will be gone most of the summer so if you guys could take care of Holman for me in my absece I would appreciate it. I will be on as often as I can. This will probably be my last post for a while. so have fun )
~Stella~
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 05:44
Gillys' cheeks were bright red and she had a sheepish grin on her face. "Did ye like my song?" she asked

"uh...it is the next line of my song!" she covered quickly. She jumped back onto the table and started to sing, "He had made himself, Marty, go all farty. When he sa-at down on the ol' four inch town!"

Everyone clapped and Jilly bowed and hopped down from the table. Her cheeks were still red whens he jumped fron the table.
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 07:24
Pansy laughed and clapped along with her cousin's hilarious song. She had never heard that one before, and so she took Gilly at her word. After a small mug of ale, Pansy walked up to Gilly and asked, " Do you want to go for a walk with me? Everyone in the Shire seems to be avoiding me, especially Mac." Pansy looked down at her curly hair on her feet, and wished that she could have gone with Mac to the Marketplace.
Pansy lifted her head, and a thought occured to her. " Gilly, let's go to the Marketplace! I want to see that mystery box down at the jeweler's stand!" She took Gilly by the hand and off they ran to the Marketplace...

[Edited on 7/6/2005 by x_xEruwestieLx_x]
~Stella~
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 10:45
Gilly grinned at Pasny slightly. She put her hands behind her back and rocked slightly. "Ahh...sure!" she chirped, "Tis the season of plantin', Pan-Pan, and Meri is quite busy this time a' year." Gilly nodded slightly. "No...no...no!" she squealed, "I have a better idea! Farmer Toggam's mulberry trees are filled with ripe, sweet, juicy berries - lets go pilfer some! He won' miss 'em!"

Gilly pulled as hard as she could and managed to manuver Pansy so they were headed to Farmer Toggams' place. "And 'sides I was at the market place just a half hout ago to see the box myself and it was gone!" she added
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 05:18
Pansy sighed; she had hoped to purchase the box herself, and see what was inside. She had always been a curious hobbit. Nevertheless, she went on towards Toggam's farm with her mischievious cousin. Mulberries were her favorite berries in the world. After raspberries, of course.
When they reached the farm, the hobbit lass took note that the mulberry trees were conveniently placed farthest from Toggam's house, where many dogs kept watch. Luck further graced the lasses, placing them downwind of the dogs. "Downwind means no find for dogs," her uncle Bungo used to say, back in the old days when he would go hunting.
Pansy smiled at this memory, but was soon being pushed over the fence by Gilly.

Holman had everything ready, and it was almost 5:30. Glancing around to check that everything was in place, he rushed off to find Merimac, Gilly, Fladnag, and Pansy. He found Meri just as he was finished buying the box. " You got the gift? Good, now we just have to figure out how to get Pansy to come down to the Happy Dog."
He looked about, wondering where the old wizard Fladnag went. He found him back at his wagon, fetching some fireworks for the party. " Need some help, Fladnag?" he asked, hoping to get the chance to light one this time. Fladnag's fireworks were stuff of legend around the Shire...
~Stella~
Send Message
on: June 16, 2005 05:37
Gilly ran as fast as her legs could carry her to Toggams farm. She hopped the fence and then clammered up the tree. She went on a small branch and grabbed at some berried and stuffed the berried in her mouth. She grabbed for some more and slipped and fell from the tree. She held her arm as she stood.

"Aye, I did. Twas hard to find." Merimac said, taking it out and showing Holman, "I tol' Gilly to go to Toggams mulberry tree so that they wouldn' come 'round til it twas time." Meri smiled. "I am sure I can get Miss Pansy to come on down."

x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2005 09:16
Pansy was enjoying herself immensely, nearly having forgotten about the box. Her mouth was slowly changing to the color of the ripe, fresh, tasty berries, and she was just about to grab another handful from the lower branches (she never really liked heights too much), when Gilly fell from the tree, holding her arm gingerly as she stood.
" Omigosh!!" Pansy cried in surprise and alarm, " Oh Gilly, are ye alright? What shall we do? Oh dear..." Taking her cousin's free arm, the hobbits slowly made their way towards the Happy Dog Pub, which was the closest place that the young lass had friends.

Holman grinned as he looked at the box. He knew that if Pansy liked anything, it was adventure and a good intrigue. The box itself seemed rather plain, even by hobbit standards. " Oh yes, that's absotively perfect. She's gonna love this... I hope."
He began walking in the direction of Farmer Toggam's fields when he noticed two familiar lasses heading toward the Happy Dog. " Uh, why don't you see to the lasses down there? I need to find Fladnag... I dunno where he's gone off to.

OOC: Sorry, I guess my notification didn't show up last time. I am temping Holman for a spell, and tag Hildi! You're it!
~Stella~
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 04:01
Gilly was holding her righ tarm tenderly. She looked like she could cry, but there were no tears in her eyes. She was very pale and her face was drawn with pain. She sort of just sat there for a little while, looking around, and then she slowly stood. She was shaking from the pain, so she did not move.
"My arm hurts, Pansy," she whispered in a strained voice. Her shoulders were slumped as they went along and she was quiet. She was not like her usual self, all joyful and talkitive, at all. Gilly was only like that when she was hurt or sick.

"I think she thinks it'll be prettier though," Meri mumbled to himself.
Merimac looked out the window to see what Holman was speaking of. "All righ', why don'you take the box though," Meri pushed the box into Holmans arms before Holman could answer.

Meri trotted down to the two hobbit lasses. He stopped when he saw how pale and how quiet Gilly was. "What happened?" he asked Pansy.
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 01:32
Pansy looked at Merimac, taking a deep sigh of relief. " Oh, I am glad to see ye, Mac. Gilly took a spill from the Mulberry tree at Toggam's! I think her arm may be broken!" She looked from Meri to Gilly, watching the hobbit lass wince.

OOC: Will add more later.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 01:59
She never calls me Mac, Merimac thought, biting his lip nerviously. Mac came over to Gilly and Pansy and examined the arm. It was slightly swollen and turning an ungly purple. "Lets go on inside the Happy Dog," he said, "It'll be all righ' Miss Gilly." He gave the younger hobbit a smile and Gilly weakly returned it.

He led them to the Happy Dog and paused. He sighed, not sure what to do.
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 06:29
Fladnag walked out of the Happy Dog and went down the street.He wondered around a little,it had been so long since he had been to the Shire.He had wondered what had happened to Pansy,she was not at home wwhen he stopped at her house.He walked a little farther when he saw Pansy,Gilly and Merimac walking toward the Happy Dog.He ran up to them befor they could go in.What might be thr problem here?''Fladnag aked'.''Looks to me you hurt your arm Gilly!''And what kind of mischief have you been into today,Gilly'?''He asked''Come lets go to Pansy's house and see what we can do about that arm,looks like it is hurt pretty bad'.''Fladnag proclaimed''.'You all dont need to go into the Happy Dog this time of day'.I will fix you up good Gilly''.'He said with a sheepish grin'.They all thenn started to walk to Pansy's house.Although Pansy was still looking kinda glum.Fladnag had a really hard time not telling Pansy what was in store for her evening.He didnt like to see her looking so sad.

~Stella~
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 02:40
Gilly looked up at Fladnag. She was pale from fear and pain. She gripped Pansys' arm tightly when the wizard came over to them.
"I-I fell from a tree," she stammered, "Pansy and I were pickin' mulberries on farmers Toggams land. Mac tol' me to take Pansy there." She had tears in her eyes.
Mac frowned at Gilly, but he did not say anything.

Gilly need her head miserably. "Yes, sir," she replied with a sniff, "I heard a funny sound when I fell."
She sniffed again and looked at her feet as they made thier way to Pansy's home.
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 04:43
OOC: Pansy always calls Merimac Mac....

BIC: Pansy held the blue door of Bracegirdle Manor open as the wizard and hobbits walked in. Shutting the door, she rushed off to get the first aid kit in her room. When she returned, everyone was in the expansive living room, tending to Gilly's arm.
As soon as she gave Fladnag the kit, she motioned Mac over, hoping to chat with him about what was happening. She felt rather guilty, being so selfish as to talk about her own problems when Gilly's arm was hurt so badly, but she felt also that she might explode if she didn't talk...
~Stella~
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 01:43
OOC: I got confused. I thought that it was the other way around. Now I 'member that. lol.

BIC: Gilly looked at Fladnag a little fearfully. "Please don' hurt me any more then I am all ready." she said,sniffing and swining her legs.

Mac nodded to Pansy and followed her. "What do ye need, Miss Pansy?" he asked. He ran a hand through his curly hair.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email