Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Wait... where's Frodo? (no new members, please)
on: September 04, 2005 10:30
(I'm back!)

Holman ran off with the Mystery Box and tried to find Flandag. When he was out of sight of the other hobbits he sat down by a tree and looked at the box. "I'm sure Pansy wouldn't mind if I just had a peek at what's inside." He brought the box close to his face and opened it a crack then shut it quickly. "M-maybe it's better if it's a suprise to everyone." He wrapped the box in his hankerchief and shoved it in his pocket. "Now where is Flandag?" He walked in the direction of Pansy's house to see if the wizard was keeping her company.
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 11:32
Fladnag took the first aid kit and started to check Gilly's arm.He felt were it hurt the worst,Gilly squeeled with pain.''Yes Gilly,I think it is broke.''Faldnag said.''He then started to work on her arm.He rubbed then pulled it.Suddenly everyone heard a pop.They all looked in suprise.Gilly sat there and didnt move,she was trying to be brave.Gilly trusted that Fladnag would not hurt her.''Pansy go and get me something to splint her arm with,quickly now.''He told Pansy.''Then he turned and comforted Gilly.''You should be fine now,Gilly.This should teach you to not go where you dont belong.''Fladnag said with a slight grin.''Gilly looked up with tears streaming down her face.But she managed to thank Fladnag with a shakey voice.Pansy returned with the splint,and Fladnag then put it on Gilly's arm.''Ok then,you need to ly down and get some rest,we will be back to check on you after awhile.''Fladnag said.''Come Pansy we should leave her to rest.They then turned and went outside.They sat there for a bit of Time when they saw Holman coming down the road.

~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 12:45
Gillys chin quivered as she squirmed and squeeled as he touched where it had broken. "Ah.." the young hobbit said as the wizard popped her arm. She shook slightly, but Gilly did not move. She was, after all, a big girl - at least in her mind - and she would not dare move. "I-I.." she stammered. Gilly was going to tell the wizard that she did that all the time, but the girl desided against it.

"won't do it 'gain," she finished. Her pain pale cheeks flushed. She always go hersellf into places she should not be. Gilly sniffed through the tears and whispered thanks. Gilly nodded. "What me before the party," Gilly whispered. She stood and went to Pansys' bedroom and laid down on the bed. Gilly fell sound asleep.

Meri followed Fladnag and Pansy outside. He looked ahead and watched Holman come to them.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 09:34
OOC: this is a JP between Pansy and me.

BIC: Pansy looked at her best friend as he ran a hand through his sandy locks. Just being able to talk to Mac was enough to make her happier. It was then that she realized that she had forgotten what it was she was going to say, something about being sad.
Feeling rather sheepish, Pansy blushed and said, " Um, that... That arm of Gilly's is lookin' pretty bad, isn't it?"

Merrimac looked over at Gilly. She looked quite pale and frightened. “Aye, Miss Pansy it does,” he agreed as he nodded his head. “She wa’n’ s’posed to climb up into the tree,” he muttered to himself in a quiet voice.

" I, I didn't want to frighten the poor girl, so I took you aside. I hope ye aren't angry with me for taking ye all the way over here to talk about that." Pansy looked down and wished that she could run from her selfish feelings.
" Mac?" she said, reaching up for his arm.
" Do ye find me... Selfish?"

Mac shook his head “o’ course not,” he said, “ She’s jus’ a little lass an’ we don’ want to scare ‘er.” He put his hands behind his back. Did he find her selfish? He thought on te question for a moment. “No, I don’ Miss Pansy,” he replied.

Pansy sighed inside her mind, and smiled brightly. Perhaps her sadness was normal, and happened to everyone. Shaking her head, she said, " Oh. See, I was just wonderin' if everyone had forgo--" she stopped. If she continued, Merimac probably would change his mind. "... Let's head back and see how our dear Gilly is gettin' on."

Meri gave her a smile and then cocked his head. He knew what she was going to ask. “All righ’,” he said.

Pansy walked back to Fladnag and Gilly. " Is she goin' to be all right? If there's anythin' I can do to help, jus' let me know." As soon as Fladnag asked, she ran to her room to get a splint for poor Gil.
The pop she heard as the wizard set the hobbit lass' arm made Pansy flinch and bite down on her lip. She looked on in amazement when she noticed that only a tiny "ah" came from Gilly. Then she went outside as per the old Istar's request.
Pansy saw Holman heading up the hill towards Bracegirdle Manor, his pocket bulging slightly on one side. As Fladnag and Merimac came up beside her, she smiled at Mac, glad that he didn't think her selfish.

Merimac smiled at her and then glanced at Holman as he came along. His eyebrow cocked slightly and he gave him a frown.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 08:00
Holman, walked his way to Pansy's and saw Flandag, Pansy and Marimac standing at the door. "Hello Flandag, Pansy, Marimac. How are you all? I was wondering if you would like to hop over to the Happy Dog. We have some particularly good stew today."
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 11:10
OCC: ok now that I feel really darn STUPID!!!!!!!!!! I will get on with it now.

Fladnag thought about it for a minute.Then he remembered there was going to be a party in Pansy's honor.''Yes,we should all go and get a bite to eat,I feeling kinda hungry miself''.''he said with a huge smile''.I will go and see if Gilly feels up to going with us.''Fladnag said.He wnet in to see if Gilly wanted to go with them to the Happy Dog.But she was fast asleep,and she looked like she was resting quite comfortably.So he just left her rest and went back outside.''She is resting comfortably,so I will come back and get her in a hour or so.''he told them.Fladnag wistled the whole way to the Happy Dog.He had quite a suprise for Pansy that nobody knew about but him.THewy got to the Happy dog and they all went in.

[Edited on 5/10/2005 by HildifonsBank]

[Edited on 12/10/2005 by HildifonsBank]
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2005 08:33
OOC: Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but... isn't the party being held at the Happy Dog Pub? If they went down for stew, the party'd be ruined, wouldn't it? Not trying to be mean, just making sense of things, that's all. This is soo coool! We're gonna have a party!! Yay!
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2005 09:15
OOC(you're right pansy, there is a party at the Happy dog, I will talk to hildi and ask her to change her post)
~Stella~
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 07:28
OOC: Thal you need to edit yours too, you were the one who asked to hop over to the Happy Dog.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 10:05
OOC: (no I dont need to edit mine, we're supposed to be going over to the pub for the party. The stew is just an excuse to get Pansy over there.)
~Stella~
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 10:09
OOC: ah yeah, sorry. :blush:
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2005 04:45
OOC: It's not the end of the world if someone makes a mistake, heaven knows I do all the time. I'm gonna get this back on track so we can move on. Does anyone else think that this story is going a bit slow-ish?

BIC: Pansy was feeling a little peckish, she hadn't really had much to eat, she was so anxious. It had been such a long day already, and stew sounded nice and relaxing. The last thing she wanted was another surprise, she thought to herself. "Alright, let's go to the Happy Dawg. And watch your step, we don't need any broken legs or other surprises..." Seeing the look on Fladnag, Merimac, and Holman's faces, she added, "What? Did I say something wrong?"
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 04:05
"Eh, no not at all my dear. We certainly wouldnt want anyone getting hurt." Holman led the way to the pub followed by the others. Pansy was the last one to enter and when she did, eveyone yelled "SUPRISE!" "Happy Birthday Pansy, welcome to your party." Holman said giving Pansy a big hug.
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 10:36
Pansy looked at everyone around her: Fladnag, Holman, the Bracegirdles from Arbuckle, even a few Bagginses. The hobbit lass smiled in relief. So they hadn’t forgotten her birthday after all. “I,” she began, her eyes misting over, “y-ye, everyone, remembered me birthd--” Sackville-Bracegirdles were known to be rather excitable, even by hobbit standards. Overwhelmed by the kindness and surprise, Pansy fell to her knees, nearly pulling Holman with her. A loud sob sounded from somewhere around the floor, and the guests stopped their drinking and general merriment, staring in surprise at a hobbit maiden crying at her own birthday.
“Sorry, sorry,” Pansy cried out in embarrassment, “it’s just that I had thought, but here ye are, right here, at this very moment, and… and, Thank Ye! Thank ye so much, everyone! It’s so wonderful, the decorations, the food, all of ye… Oh, me, where are my manners?” Pansy had forgotten herself and also forgot that she was to make a speech, this being her 33rd birthday.
“I wish that Gilly could be here now,” she began quietly, looking at her toes. Climbing up on the nearest seat and clearing her throat, she poke louder, “I know ye as well as ye know me, and those that don’t must’ve snuck in here when Holman’s brothers weren’t lookin’.” This got a few laughs from the small crowd, and more than one blushing face.
“As is our custom when a hobbit comes of age, I have to make a resolution, to be fulfilled by me next birthday,” she continued, looking at her cousins and her dearest friend, “ And I have decided that I will do something unexpected, something that very few hobbits have ever done, not since the days of Old Bullroarer Took and Bungo Bracegirdle, my uncle. Startin’ next month, I’m goin’ to begin a journey to visit the Elves of Rivendell.” Hobbits small and smaller fell silent, looking at her as though she were growing a pansy out of her left ear.
Pansy shifted uneasily under their gaze, but pressed on, “ It has long been a dream of mine to meet the elves, who are fair of face and speech, unlike meself.” She blushed and laughed when a few of the male hobbits in the pub protested. “ I think that’s the end of me speech… Um, cheers?” she said, raising a mug of ale that was on the table. This was worse than the time she had gotten her hair caught in the apple tree in Farmer Toggam’s yard and everyone had seen her get scolded while her hair was cut. Since then, her hair had never grown out quite right, and a short lock of hair was forever falling onto her face. She pushed said lock out of her eyes and hoped that what she said wasn’t completely stupid…
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 08:59
Fladnag looked at Pansy with a suprise look on his face.Although he remembered her wanting to see the elves when she was a small child.He was laughing quite cheerfully,at the same time thinking if that could be another suprise for her.That he himself could take Pansy to see the elves.Because Fladnag practically lived with the elves for a very long time.He knew all of them quite well.He also felt that if he were to take her himself,she would not get into any trouble on her journey.I will talk this over with Holman and see what he thinks.Fladnag then walked over to Holman.He was sitting across the room from Pansy,so she wouldnt be able to hear them while they were talking.
Holman?Fladnag said''.What do you think about me taking Pansy to see the Elves?''He asked.''It would be best if I took her,because the Elves can be quite cantankerous when they are disturbed by strangers.I think that it would be quite a suprise for her if I could do that for her''.he said excitedly.''And it is almost time for me to visit them again anyways.He stood there waiting for Holmans reply.

''I am a firm believer that*The only stupid question is the one thats not asked.*

[Edited on 12/10/2005 by HildifonsBank]
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 05:13
Holman laughed when Pansy nearly dragged him to the ground and helped her back up. He was probably the only person in the room who wasn't suprised when Pansy made her announcement that she wished to go on an adventure.

Flandag approached him afterward and asked Holman what he thought of this adventure business. "Well, I can't say I would wish to take such a trip. I have heared frightful tales of the world outside the Shire. But, I am sure she will be safe with you."

After a few plates of food and a few more drinks, Holman decided the time had come to give Pansy her present. He pulled the small box from his pocket and handed it to Pansy. "Happy Birthday, Pansy, this is from Marimac and myself. I hope you think it is worthy of all the fuss people have been making over it."
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2005 08:00
"Happy Birthday, Pansy, this is from Marimac and myself. I hope you think it is worthy of all the fuss people have been making over it."

Pansy gasped and put a hand to her mouth, tears trickling down for the umpteenth time today. Later on, Pansy chided herself for being such a soppy mess. “Oh, me… Is this? Is this that box?” she squeaked, her voice choked with her tears. A nod from Holman and Merimac told her everything she needed to know. Slowly opening the box, everyone in the room seemed to hold their breath with the hobbit lass. Another gasp issued from her mouth as she saw the gift glinting in the light of the sun streaming in from the windows. She lifted it from the box and held it up. Guests in the back of the room squinted and could just make out a small golden band.
In the back of her mind, Pansy wished that the gift was from only one person. She had come of age today, and soon she would have to find a husband... But that would come later, she didn’t need to get married right away, she should enjoy 33 while it lasted. Those thoughts were quickly swept away though, as she hugged the hobbits tightly. “Oh, what a beautiful ring, although it seems a bit large… no, it’s just my size. I guess me eyes were playin’ tricks on me. Oh Holman, Mac… Thank ye so much!” She let go, stepped back and slowy slid the ring on her right ring finger.
Holding her hand up to admire the ring’s beauty, Pansy was shocked to see that everyone around her was gasping and staring; she noticed that they all looked rather blurry, and sounded far off. Then everyone started looking around the room, as though they were searching for something. Even more surprising was that nearly all the hobbits rushed toward where she stood, almost trampling her and going out of the door, calling her name. Luckily, Pansy found refuge behind the unused coat stand.
What have I done?, she thought, bewildered. What’s goin’ on? Why can’t they see me? Why can’t I see me? She reached for the ring and removed it. Instantly, Pansy’s world came into sharp view. She could hear properly again. Running for the door, Pansy flung it open and called, “Where are you all goin’? I’m right here!”
She turned to the remaining hobbits, who seemed dumbstruck with fear. “What? Did I do something wrong?”

OOC: Sorry if I am moving too fast. Umm, oh… If you guys want Merimac and/or Holman to be with the remaining hobbits, that would work, wouldn’t it? I’m not trying to sound bossy, I was just inspired… :S I am bad with words in real life, so sorry if this makes no sense!!
~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 05, 2005 10:13
Meri frowned deeply. "miss Pansy?" he cried, his voice raising in alarm, "Where are you?" Merimac scowled as he tried to figure out what had happened.

Mac was searching everywhere for the Pansy. "Oh where...oh there you are," Mac said. He found that he was shaking and he was pale. "You dissapeared," he whispered.

Gilly woke suddenly. She sat straight up. What was that? She craned her head and listened. There it was again! The soudn that had woken her. It was horsed hooves on cobbles. She scamped out of bed and rushed out of Pansys' home. She turned her head from side to side looking down the lane. The girl saw noghting and turned to go back in. She felt something. A cold that was far greater then anythign she had ever felt. Her breath came out in a fog. She turned and her eyes widen. A black form on a black horse with firy eyes loomed right in front of her. She backed up until she ran into a flower pot and then she fell. The creature came closer and closer. Gillys' eyes widen and she screamed ahigh-pitched scream. She closed her eyes tightly as the creature came closer with the second.

Meri looked up when he heard the cry. He knew that cry. "Gilly!" he exclaimed, rushing to the door.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 02:11
Holman was totally shocked when Pansy disappeared, he couldn't even move. When she finally reappeared, he stepped forward to pull her aside when a loud scream was heard from down the road. "Gilly!" Marimac shouted as he ran for the door. Holman grabbed his walking stick and quickly followed him.
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 07:33
Fladnag got really suspicious when Pansy suddenly disapeared.He thought he remembered something about a ring and its powers.Then suddenly he heard a scream about Gilly.He ran to the door like everyone else did.But Fladnag pushed his way out the door and dashed to Pansy's houes where Gilly was.When he got there,there was a dark shadow that had Gilly cornerd by the flower pots.Fladnag ran as fast as his feet would carry him.When he got there he pointed his grey staff at the shadow and the shadow then disappeared around the corner of Pansy's house.He ran over to Gilly and helped her to her feet.''Are you ok,Gilly''.''he asked.''

''Yes I am.''Gilly replied.''That thing gave me quite a scare''.''she said''.Gilly was shaking all over,her face was as pale as snow.

''well come lets get back to the Pub so we can finish with Pansy's party.''Fladnag said''.I have a special suprise awaiting for Pansy,I should like to get to it soon,he said with a smile''.By this time it was dusk,soon Fladnag could give Pansy her special suprise soon.''Are you up for going to Pansys party,he asked Gilly''.

''Yes,I think I am,she replied''.As long as we can leave here''.Pansy said with a shakey voice''.

They all got together and walked back to the pub in a group.After they got back,Fladnag pulled Holman to the side.''We must discuss this Ring and the shadow when the party is over.But I must go on a trip first''.Fladnag said to Holman''.

They all were enjoying the party and it was soon dark out.Fladnag looked outside to see if it was dark enough to give Pansy her special gift and it was.Fladnag shouted to get everyones attention.''Hey everyone lets take the party outside,I have a special gift I want to give Pansy''.Flagnag shouted''.They all took the party outside.Fladnag went to his cart that he had set up just for this accasion.He lit the first firework and it was a boquet of roses.They all watched as the colors lit up the sky.You could hear all the excitement in everyones voices.Fladnag then set off the final firework.It was a picture of Pansy and her head was line with pansies.Everyone looked and cheered,it was one of the best that Fladnag has ever done.

''I am a firm believer that,the only stupid question is the one not asked.''

~Stella~
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 10:49
Gilly felt as if all the happiness had drained from her. Her eyes were closed tightly. She shook all over. Suddenly, the dreadful feeling had left. She heard Fladnag speak to her. Was she all right? She thought as he helped her get to her feet. She did a check of herself and thought it was to say so. ''Yes I am,'' Gilly replied. ‘’That thing gave me quite a scare.''

The girl shivered and peered around with a pale face. Silently, she followed them all. She thought about what she had just seen. Gilly looked up when the wizard spoke to her. ''Yes, I think I am,’’ she replied

Meri looked around. This was not right at all. It was his fault too, he felt. He sat down on a bench. Gilly sat down next to Merimac. They were very good friends, all most inseparable. She shivered. The girl was scared, though she enjoyed the fireworks.

A hobbit man rode in on pony. He was robust looking, had ruddy cheeks and a mass of flame red curly locks. He was dressed in all green, except for his royal blue vest. He looked quite worried. Gilly looked at the man. She knew him. It was Ross Sandyman. He was the deliver of bad news. She cocked her head as she wondered who was getting the bad news. Never, in a million years, she would have guessed he would have come over to her. However, that is exactly what had happened. “Gilly Ploughman,” he began in a clipped, unemotional voice, “I am sorry, your parents are dead.”

Slowly and without knowing, she stood. “No, you aren’t. You aren’t sorry at all! An-and they aren’t dead!” She screamed at him. Gilly did not ask what sort of accident they were in. They weren’t dead! They couldn’t be.

The man looked at her with a dumbstruck expression. He looked at Pansy and gave a shake of his head. He got on his pony and rode off.

Gilly stood there panting. She couldn’t believe it – she wouldn’t. Her mum and da weren’t dead. They had to be alive.

Meri’s eyes widen. Dead - how could they be?

[Edited on 17/11/2005 by ~Stella~]
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2005 03:33
OOC: OMG, soo sorry guys. My compy was without teh intarnets and I couldn’t keep up. Sorry also to Stella for using Mac, but I need to insert Pansy somewhere, since you all put her in the story while I was out. Thank you, everyone by the way for doing that for me! Now, where was I?

Pansy looked at Meri and Holman, completely dumbstruck. She had just disappeared, and now reappeared in a different spot; tears welled up behind her lids and then she heard it. She rushed off after Fladnag and the others upon hearing the scream. As they ran down the path, she realized the sound was coming from her house, and that the cry came from Gilly. Oh, please, please let Gilly be all right, Pansy prayed silently.
By the time she reached Bracegirdle Manor, the shadow had already fled and Fladnag was walking back, hand-in-hand with Gilly. The poor lass was pale and shaking, although Pansy didn’t know why; she had not seen the creature that had attacked her cousin.
Fladnag mentioned a special surprise for her, and Pansy’s face lit up, hoping that the surprise would cheer up dear Gilly. As they headed back, Pansy fell in step with Meri. “What do ye suppose made her so pale, Mac?”

A look of concern crossed her friend’s face. “Don’ righ’ly know, Miss Pansy… I don’ righ’ly know.”

That didn’t help matters any, but Pansy felt better in knowing she wasn’t the only one who was confused. They reached Fladnag’s cart, and she realized what her gift was: Fireworks. She stared in wonder at the bouquet of roses, and was speechless at her portrait in the sky. She was just wishing that there was a way to capture the moment so she could go back again and again, when she saw Merrimac come up and sit by Gilly, who was still shivering.
Poor Gilly, thought Pansy, she’s still frightened, isn’t she? She walked over to comfort her cousin when Ross Sandyman rode into the field toward them. Oh dear, Ross “The Harbinger” is here. I hope he stays far away from Gilly. She’s had enough trouble. Pansy’s heart sank to see him dismount and stride right toward Gilly.
“What do ye want, Harbinger?” Pansy asked, standing between Ross and Gil. Ross was always sullen and seemingly void of emotions, not to mention well dressed; no doubt it was all due to his duty as coroner. As she listened to Harbinger’s message, anger and doubt grew inside.

“No, you aren’t. You aren’t sorry at all! An-and they aren’t dead! They weren’t dead! They couldn’t be.”

Even as Gilly’s doubt grew, Pansy felt somewhere that the coroner’s words were true. “Oh, Gilly! I… I…” she embraced her cousin and held her close. “ I think he’s right, dear. I’m so sorry, Gilly… So sorry.” Tears flowed down Pansy’s cheeks as the grief sunk its way into Gilly’s subconscious. She looked over at Mac, at a loss as to what she should do. Help me, Mac, she pleaded silently…

[Edited on 7/12/2005 by x_xEruwestieLx_x]
~Stella~
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 04:34
Gilly knew Ross Sandyman was correct, she however did not want to admit it nor believe that her parents were dead. Her life had changed in one instant. She had parents one moment and now they were gone. Gilly was an orphen. What was she going to do? Where would she stay? Who was to rule over her home? She was too young to rule and there was no one else.

Gilly burried her face into her cousins shoulder and cried. She was not one who cried often or hard, but this was too much for her to bear! Her emotions were just spilling out through her tears.

Meri looked at Pansy and shook his head. He couldn't help. He did not know how to.

Gilly pushed herself away from her cousin. She stared in horror and then the hobbit ran. Her legs took her far off in a quick way. She ran as fast and as long as she could. The only time Gilly stopped was when she sumbled and fell on her hands and knees. She just stayed there, sobbing.

Merimac looked at Gilly as she ran. "Come on," he called to Pansy. He took off after her and stopped when Gilly fell. He slowly went over to her and bent down beside her. Gently he wrapped his arms around the forlorn hobbit. Gilly leaned against Macs chest and she sobbed. Gently he rocked her and strocked her hair.
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 08:51
OOC: Bwahahahaha! I feel all-powerful… I finished 3 lengthy RP posts in one night. Yesh!!!! *ahem* Sorry… But usually these days I only get one done at a time. Well I hope you like it.

“Gilly!”
Pansy ran as fast as she could to catch up with Gilly and Mac. When she arrived, Gilly was in his arms. Feeling rather dazed and confused at first, Pansy realized that Gilly had just become an orphan. It took a moment for her to remember, since it had been so long since her own parents had died, that she too was an orphan.
Kneeling down beside Gilly and Mac, she placed her hand on the girl’s shoulder and turned her around slightly. “Gilly, my dear, sweet cousin… I am truly sorry that your parents were killed. It’s a terrible, terrible loss. I know, my parents’ death still haunts me to this day. I don’t remember much, I was very young… but I still love them more than anyone in the world.” Some small part of Pansy’s mind flinched as she spoke the words, as if they weren’t really true. She shook her head gently, returning to the matter at hand.
Taking her cousin’s free hand in her own hands, Pansy’s eyes filled up with renewed tears. “I shall miss them too, Gil… They were my aunt and uncle, your parents, and friends to all hobbits in the Shire.” She looked up at Mac. “Can you carry her? We need to get back and cancel the rest of the festivities, this is no time to celebrate.” A pang of guilt came over the hobbit lass for being selfish enough to wish Gilly’s parents had died the next day rather than this night, and she fought that feeling and tried to help Mac take Gilly back...
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2005 12:51
(Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have had a bit of writers block for this particular thread. It seems to me that we have gotten a little bit off track, we need to deal with the ring. That is the primary objective of this thread)

Holman caught up with Gilly, Mac and Pansy. "What a bloody mess." He helped carry Gilly back to the pub which was still full of gauking hobbits. "What are you all looking at? The party's over! Clear out, the lot of you!" He cleared the room of everyone except Flandag, Gilly, Mac, and Pansy. "What has this place come to?! Big Folk dressed in black scaring the wits out of people and now this! I have half a mind to leave this place altogether!"
~Stella~
Send Message
on: December 10, 2005 01:24
The hobbit lass clung to Mac when Pansy tried to pull Gilly to her. Tears trickled down her cheeks and magnified her freckles so they looked a lot bigger then they were.

She sniffed heavily as she looked forlornly at her cousin. Slowly, the girl nodded. "Why..." Gilly croaked, looking down at Panys' hand as she held them. "What am I going to do?" Gilly blinked. "I-I can walk," she mumbled, as she stood. However, her legs gave out. In a half an instant, Mac was at her side, supporting her. Gilly smiled thoughtfully and with slight embaressment. Merimac returned the smile. "Thanks," Meri said to Holman as they made their way to the pub.

'I don' rightly know," Mac replied to Holman a he sat Gilly down on a bench. She just sat there, silently crying and looking at her feet.

x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2005 08:23
OOC: Where is Gilly going to go? Is she going to live at her house on her own, or is she going to move in with one of her hobbit friends? Stella, I had an idea… It works with the story. (I’ll PM or IM you about it later.) Man, am I evil, bwahaha… I wrote a second post, just in case my idea works.

BIC: Pansy gasped to hear those words leave her cousin’s mouth. “Holman! Leave the Shire? But this is our home!”
The hobbit lass stopped for a moment, feeling rather hypocritical. She talked of adventures all the time, but never of leaving home for good. She walked over to him, giving his arm a gentle squeeze. “Ye… really want to leave? This is our home, isn’t it? Ye can’t just abandon everyone like that! Right Gilly? Mac?…”
Pansy looked back at Gilly and Merrimac. Then she looked again, really looked…
~Stella~
Send Message
on: December 14, 2005 08:34
Mac wrapped his arms protectively around Gilly. He rocked her gently and strocked her hair. "Shh, Gilly," he whispered in her ear. Merimac's way was different. He was not the shy and bashful self as he usually was. Mac was showing so much love and compasion openly and was not blushing about it either.

"Why don't you stay with my folks an' me, Gilly."
"Do-do you mean that?" she said, looking at Meri with big and round eyes.
"O' course!" Mac replied.
Meri looked up when Mac asked her a question - it had taken a moment to understand, he had been far off in his head. "Tis unnatural for hobbits to move out of the Shire an' to leave their homes and families!" Mac nodded his head slightly
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2005 05:54
Holman sighed. "No I don't suppose I would ever leave for good. But the way things are going tonight, I am wondering whether it is safe here anymore. What has this place come to?" Holman sat down at a table and rested his head in his hand.
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2005 12:02
OOC: You know Thal, you are right. We are veering off track a bit, but don’t worry too much, it will soon be righted. When you change the gender of characters, interactions are bound to change, sometimes for the better, but not always. I rather like this bit, and I wanted you to know that we do think about how these will shape the events to come. I am going to try to get this story back “on track” as it were, but it takes time to write a story. Tolkien himself re-wrote his story many times before he finished the LotR Trilogy, didn’t he? Also, I want to know what’s going on in Holman’s head; what is he thinking, and how does he feel about everything happening around him? Anyway, enough jabbering on, let’s get to business.* smacks forehead for being so long-winded. *

BIC: Pansy sighed in relief at hearing Holman’s reply. She looked back again at Mac, just as he was asking Gilly to stay with him. Her eyes opened wide, and her heart skipped a beat before seeming to stop all together.
Seeing the two of them together, embracing, shocked Pansy. Live with Mac?! All this time, she had liked Mac; and, it seemed, he liked her back. And now, Gilly gets upset and suddenly Mac comes running to her—No. No, she thought, he didn’t, did he? He had always been sweet on Gilly. I just didn’t want to believe it. He never liked me like that, did he?. Feeling lightheaded with anger, despair, and embarrassment, Pansy put on the ring again. She wanted to disappear, and now she could. Tears falling from her eyes, she ran back to her home— where someone had torn the door from its hinges.
Running inside, she pulled off the ring and found the house in disarray. “Uncle Bungo? Bungo! Where are you?” Pansy cried, searching from room to ransacked room. Looking in the kitchen, she found the larder open and there, lying on floor, was Bungo Bracegirdle. His eyes were wide open, and he was muttering incoherently.
“Uncle!”
Pansy ran over to his side. “Uncle Bungo, what happened?” Looking at him, she could see nothing wrong, but something told her that he didn’t look okay, either.

Bungo looked up at the ceiling, muttering, “Black, so black… Black hands… Faces, not one among them!” He rolled his head over toward Pansy. Suddenly, he blinked and grasped her wrist so tightly it hurt. “Pansy! My Pansy, you must go. Go get Fladnag! Men in black have come after--!” His grip lessened, and his eyes became glassy. Bungo’s mouth was cracked open slightly, and his eyes rolled back into his head.

“Uncle? Uncle?” Pansy shook him, lightly at first, but increasingly harder. “Uncle Bungo! Bungo!! No… Why you, why now? I… Uncle…” Tears streamed down her face, and she lay her head on his chest and wept silently. For a few minutes she stayed, the warmth draining from her uncle’s lifeless body, when she remembered his warning. “I must find Fladnag!”
She turned and ran back to the Happy Dog, where the last of her party trimmings were being taken down. “Where is Fladnag??” she cried, looking around the inn…
HildifonsBank
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2005 10:24
Fladnag heard Pansy cry out,he struggled to get through the crowd.He met up with Pansy.She looked quite frightened,''Come lets go into the pub so we can talk where it might be quieter''.''Fladnag said''.They both walked into the pub and there they saw Holman sitting at a table with his head in his hands.Fladnag tapped Holman on the shoulder.''Is there a quiet corner we can go to to talk to Pansy''?'he asked'.''Some thing has her quite shook up,and I must talk to her so I can find out what is going on''.'Fladnag said'.Holman took Fladnag and Pansy to a quiet corner to talk.''Now what has you so upset Pansy''?'he asked'.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 07:18
Merimac did not seem to notice anything - not Pansy looking at them, Holman speaking, or Pansy disappearing. The only thing that was on his mind was Gilly. He felt so bad for the young hobbit. Mac wanted to do more for her. He wanted to comfort her more then just giving her a home and holding her, but that was all he could do.

He only looked up when Pansy came rushing in. "Miss Pansy?" Mac exclaimed. Gilly got up and went over to her cousin. Sniffing, she asked, "D-did you see them, Pansy? The Black riders?"

Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 09:41
OOC: As for what is going on in Holmans head: You don't need to know

Holman lead Flandag and Pansy to a corner. "Now what has you so upset Pansy" Flandag asked.

"Indeed, I haven't seen you this upset since you got your head caught in the old hollow tree in the orchard." Holman said half joking.
x_xEruwestieLx_x
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 08:48
Pansy’s eyes were still filled with tears, and as she struggled to get her breath back, she was barraged with many questions, almost all at once. She glared at Holman’s comment, but slumped down on the stool in the corner gratefully and inhaled deeply.
“Fladnag! They killed him! My uncle is dead, and those Black creatures! I didn’t see them,” Pansy said, sobbing into her apron, “ but he said, he said… ‘Black, so black… Black hands… Faces, not one among them!’ He told me to get you… To warn you! Why are they attacking our families? What do they want, Fladnag?”
Pansy continued to breath in short gasping breaths, trying to calm herself as best she could while waiting for the wizards words of wisdom and knowledge. She tried to dispel the image of her uncle, lying with his eyes open. How did they kill him without touching him? Fear, came a reply from somewhere distant…
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 01, 2006 01:59
Gilly's eyes went wide as she listened to Pansy's words. "Oh!" what asll she could say. The younger hobbit could not believe what was going on. Most of her family was gone. She gave a sob and rushed back to Merimac.

He wrapped his arms protectively around the young hobbit and held her tightly. Gilly sobbed and clung to Mac. Slowly, the sobs quieted and she just stood there, breathing in Mac's comforting smell. He smelt of smoke and earth. It was a wholesome and comforting smell and he was the only one she knew that smelled like that. Mac also breathed in the smell of Gilly> For him her smell of honeysuckle and apples was just as comforting as his smell was to her. He felt whole and complete when he held her in his arms. Mac did not hear anything that Pansy was saying. She was a little too far and too quiet to hear though and it seemed her cousin and Flandag had everything under control.

Gilly peaked her head up and away from Mac's chest. "We need to leave before we all perish!" Gilly exclaimed. "I don' want to stay her anymore an' I don't want any of you to stay either." The girl's face reddened and she burried her face into Mac's shoulder again.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email