Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Honeymoon to Rivendell (KEEP)
on: June 25, 2005 12:38
(OOC: She's and her bouncing baby boy are doing good. Yeah that's a quick stop alright!)

The next day after Faeleth got over her morning sickness and Nariel had finished screaming over her aching gums, Faeleth was beginning to feel the effects of motherhood. "How much farther to Rivendell, Anduilon?" she asked wearily. It would be nice to be able to rest her tired body.

She happened to look at Nariel's mouth. "I think Nariel's tooth will be here tomorrow or the next day," she remarked. "Her father's side of the family were late teethers, which is probably why it has taken so long for her to teeth. She is eight months."

"Adadadadaaaa," Nariel happily gurgled. "Nananananaaaa."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2005 03:31
[HAD I NET PROBLEMS SORRY!!!]

Anduilon listened to the gurgles of Nariel and smiled. He answered Faeleths question with hesitation. "I think we still have three weeks to go through... But I am not sure." He kissed the woman in her neck and then went to Nariel, trying to teach her some words.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2005 05:32
(OOC:That's OK. I'm having trouble myself; I can't get onto my online journal. )

"Another three weeks?" Faeleth groaned. It seemed to take forever to get to their honeymoon, and she was steadily growing more and more uncomfortable. Her morning sickness was beginning to get the best of her, but she was doing her best to grin and bear it.

She smiled at Anduilon's attempts to teach Nariel words. "I think it will be awhile before she'll say anything more than gurgles, dear."

"ADADADADAAAA!!!!"Nariel squealed in delight at the extra attention she was receiving. "NANANANANA!!!!!"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 06:53
[That sucks!]
[When they arrive in rivendell it is one month or something that Fealeth was pregnant right? Shall we continue to the arrival?]

"Really? It sounds like she is saying Ada allready..." He went back to Faeleth and embraced her. "Lets go to bed, or did you want to stay up still?"

[Youre choice, post some more or arrive in rivendell]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 10:49
(OOC: Roughly a month in a half, perhaps two, depends on their pace. Since they are going a bit slower than were, how we just make two months? And I would like to arrive soon. Thank you. )

"Sounds like Ada and Nana to me," Faeleth said smiling. "I want to show you something first before we go to sleep." She took Nariel's hands and stood her on her feet. With Faeleth's hands holding her up, Nariel made her way toddling to Anduilon. "What do you think?" Faeleth asked.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 11:57
[right didnt know if Nana was a real word]

Anduilon looked as Nariel staggered towards her. He crouched and waited till she came in range. Then he got the little hands in his and the little girl toddled closer. Then he picked her up. "How good can you walk allready!" He said to the little girl. Then he brought her to the little crib, after Faeleth kissed her. "goodnight sweetie." He said and gave her her toycloth.
"My my, am I tired!" He sighed. He had been working on the fire for ages, for the wood was not dry and all.

It was getting dark allready, but there were lights somewhat ahead. Faeleth had fallen asleep and Nariel was also fast asleep in Anduilons arms. "Faeleth..." Anduilon said, loud enough for her to hear him, but soft enough not to wake up the toddler. "Faeleth, We're there!"
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 03:47
(OOC: Well, now you know! I didn't believe Nana was a word either at first, but it is.)

Faeleth snapped awake. "We here?! Oh, I thought we'd never get there! How far off is it?" She was so excited to finally be at Rivendell!

(OOC: Sorry it's a short post, but I can't think of anything to say.)
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 08:30
"Not so very far, but the gate lights seem but small dots from here." Anduilon replied.
They rode swift, now their destination was drawing closer, and soon they were in front of the large gate, wich was protecting Rivendell to the west.
It was dark now, and they could hardly see the two elven figures on top of the gate. But as soon as those two had heard the snorting of the horses, they lit a torch.
"Who is standing here before us?" One elf called and Anduilon replied. "An inhabitant of Rivendell and his wife and child!" The guard looked around and then nodded. "Open the Gate!"
They heard the moving of a large wooden bar and then the gate opened. "Welcome back to Rivendell!"
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 04:43
Faeleth was in awe of the sheer splendor of the famed Imladris. "So this is Rivendell," she breathed. "It's beautiful." She linked her arm around Anduilon's and leaned against him, weary from the long journey.

Nariel, cranky from being disturbed from her beauty sleep and furious over her aching gums, let out a peircing wail. Faeleth tried to soothe her, but to no avail. Embarrassed, she said to the elves standing before her, "She's teething. And it's been a long journey for all of us."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 10:31
Anduilon smiled. "I'm sure they will understand..." he said wearily. The elves on the gate laughed and Anduilon guided Faeleth on. They left the horses at the stables and got help of two elves that were doing their rounds through the elvencity. When Anduilon opened the door he sighed in relief.
"Home at last." He said and went straight to the bedroom to put some cases down and then he placed the crib beside the bed. He helped Faeleth bring the rest of the cases up.
Nariel was brought to bed, and the girl fell asleep almost immediately. Tired as he was, Anduilon made the bed. "Do you want to sleep now love? Or do you want to sit in the garden?"
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 11:39
"I'm exhausted, Anduilon. And a little hungry. But do you want to sit in the gardens? I think I'll be able to sit up for a little longer."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 04:21
"I know exactly what to do... Just go sit in the garden, I'll be there in a minute." Anduilon said and he sped of to he kitchen where he had put all of the food that was left of their journey. He prepared a quick but tasty meal and brought it outside, to Faeleth who was sitting on the bench.
"Here you go my love, Dinner is served."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 09:32
:Oh, Anduilon! How sweet!" Faeleth exclaimed. "Thank you so much!" They proceeded to dine on the small but delicious meal that he had prepared. "It tastes wonderful, my love. Do we still have some of the honeymead left?"

Anduilon produced the last flask of the sweet drink and the two shared it. Content, Faeleth laid her head on his shoulder, and before she could stop herself, she was asleep.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 12:44
[I'll be off for a week, to that event I told you about... Did I tell you? but its five days and i wont be able to post till then. Sorry! But at least I am will have a jolly good time Larping!]

Anduilon popped the last bottle of honeymead [I will be drinking that too this week] and filled their glasses. They ate and drank, and ofcourse talked.
After the dinner Anduilon stared at the stars, wondering why on earth he had been so lucky with everything. If it hadnt been for Aiwendil, he would never have met Faeleth in the first place and he would never been a father to the child she was bearing, and not be a father to Nariel, who wasnt even his.
It was not a cold night, so when Anduilon noticed Faeleth was asleep he smiled and closed his eyes also. They would hear Nariel when she was a wake for all the doors and windows were open.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 02:57
(OOC: Oh, how lovely! No, you didn't tell me, but now I know. Have fun!)

Faeleth woke from her sleep and found Anduilon resting as well, carefully, so as not to disturb him, she crept back to the bedroom. SHe returned with a warm blanket and wrapped it around them both and returned to her slumber.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 04:23
The next morning Anduilon woke up and found Faeleth still next to him, only now they had a blanket covering them. Anduilon went upstairs to check on Nariel and then went down to make breakfast.
Soon the scent of baked eggs filled the kitchen and Anduilon went outside and placed the breakfast on the garden table.
He woke Nariel up and took her downstairs. Then he woke up Faeleth and began feeding Nariel her special babyfood.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 07:18
Faeleth woke to smell of breakfast cooking. "Smells wonderful," she said sleepily. Unfortunately, the delicious smells upset her stomach. After drinking some tea to soothe her, she was ready to rejoin the world.

"So, what are activities for the day?" she asked as she took Nariel into her arms.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 08:37
[People can join now...]

"I was hoping that we could take a stroll through Rivendell, or have a picknick somewhere." He replied. "If you had other ideas you're welcome to share them..."
He brought the dishes to the kitchen and walked back to Faeleth and gave her a kiss. "Are you allright now?"
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 08:02
"I am feeling much better, and I think both ideas sound wonderful."

She set Nariel down to play for a few minutes. The gurgling child toddled over to Anduilon and grasped his legs. "ADADADA!!!!!" she squealed.

(OOC: Hee's the site to the forum:

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=21882 )
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2005 04:15
"Then we'll have a picknick somewhere in the Forest. I know just the perfect place." Anduillon said as Nariel clinged to his leg.
He smiled and picked the little girl up. "Hello Nariel, do you want to go with us?" He asked the little girl and he carried her over to the bench and he sat down. "We are going to have a picknick somewhere pretty." He added and the little girl gurgeled on happily.

Later that day, Anduilon, Faeleth and Nariel were wandering through the forest and admired the sunlight shining through little empty spaces in the leafy roof. "We will be going through a cave soon, it is a beautiful spot. I dont think you ever saw something like it..."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2005 06:40
It wasn't long before they reached their destination. Faeleth's breath caught in her throat. "Anduilon, it's beatiful," she breathed. "Rivendell must have been a wonderful place to grow up in. Was it?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 02:23
The cave's walls were glittering with tiny pieces of gems stuck in the walls. But Anduilon paid not so many attention to Faeleths words. But he did reply. "I had a great childhood, yes." They went out of the other side of the cave now, and a beautiful part of Nature came in view.
"You and Nariel are the third and Fourth ever to step upon this grass. Only I and Aiwendil have been here before."
A tiny stream ran across the grassy plain, flowers grew everywhere, a waterfall fell from the mossy rock wall. It was like a picture of eden.
"It was not the cave I wanted to show you, but this." Anduilon said with a smile and he turned around to face Faeleth who was looking at everything with Awe.
Meanwhile, Nariel was allready toddling after butterflies having a great time.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 10:08
Anduilon seemed to be a bit distracted, but Faeleth did not know why. "Is there something equally special about the cave you wanted to show us?" she asked curiously. "It's hard to imagine a place more beautiful than this. Anduilon, are you alright?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 10:02
A tiny stream ran across the grassy plain, flowers grew everywhere, a waterfall fell from the mossy rock wall. It was like a picture of eden.
"It was not the cave I wanted to show you, but this." Anduilon said with a smile and he turned around to face Faeleth who was looking at everything with Awe.
Meanwhile, Nariel was allready toddling after butterflies having a great time.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 01:46
(OOC: Oooooooh, oops. Mind blank! )

"Is something wrong, Anduilon? You can tell me of course. Is it because of the baby?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 03:33
"No no... I am fine. She sure does look like she is having a great time doesnt she?" He smiled and he sprawled a quilt on the floor and placed the food on it.
Then he sat down and called Nariel.
"Come Nariel, do you want to eat?" He asked kindly and waited patiencly till the girl had toddled all the way back to them.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 01:46
Faeleth smiled as her daughter happily came to Anduilon with open arms. "She knows your voice," she mused. A thought suddenly struck her.

" Anduilon, how long shall we be staying in Rivendell? If we stay too long it will be difficult to travel in my condition, but if we stay here till after the baby is born, we might wear out our welcome and it would still be difficult to travel with a newborn., Speaking of the baby, perhaps we should start to pick out names?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 01:04
"To be honest... I didnt think about that... We have been here only for few days now, its a little too soon to leave wouldnt it? If we wait another week?... But if we are going to travel back now, you might give labour on the way back... or am I thinking too soon now?" Anduilon asked.
"And of names... I like Miriel for a girl, or a flower name... and for a boy... Rhuneon? I dont know, I have never been good with names..."

[maybe we should find some names in the elvish name database?]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 11:15
"Well, there is always the possibility that I could miscarry, but I don't think I'll be going into labor for at least another seven months," she said smiling.

"Hm, Miriel is a bit common, don't you think? Rhuneon sounds nice. Hm, perhaps, we should create a list of names and go from there?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 09:39
"Yeah Miriel is a bit common. I thing a list of names is a good idea, shall we start composing one when we return to my place?" He watched as Nariel lost concentration on the butterfly and started to chase something in the grass.
When Nariel picked the thing up and put it in her mouth Anduilon quickly went to the child.
"Oh Nariel, what have you got in your mouth? You cannot put things from the ground in your mouth. Show me what you've got there..."
Nariel wouldnt open her mouth, so Anduilon tried a little harder.
"Nariel, come on, open your mouth. What is that?"
He carefully forced her mouth to open and found a terrified little frog, paralysed with shock.
"Oh, yuck! You can't eat those sweetie..."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 06:30
Faeleth cringed at the thought of putting a frog in her mouth. But it was so absurd that she couldn't help but burst into a fit of laughter.

Nariel, suddenly feeling tired since it was past her scheduled naptime, curled up in Anduilon's lap and fell fast asleep.

"Oh, what a child I have," Faeleth sighed. "She's so much like her father. No doubt this one," she placed a hand on her stomach,"will be just like it's father." She smiled. "No doubt about that."
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2005 12:10
Anduilon suddenly felt pain as he heard Faeleth speak. The little one sleeping in his lap would be raised as his own, but he would never be her true father. What would Nariel say when she was grown up? 'You are not my real father, so you cant say a thing about me!' ? Anuilon loved the little one, as if she was his child, but he was scared of what to come.

"I dont know if that is a good thing," Anduilon joked, "I have not always been as sweet as now..."

He watched as the little frog came around again and jumped away carefully.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 09:09
She kissed his cheek. "You be fine. Look, Nariel already loves you. She is too young to really remember her own father. You literally will be the father she'll ever know. And I'm sure she'll be grateful for that." A thought suddenly struck her. "You...still want to be a father, right? Including Nariel? Or.....are you upset that I'm with child so soon?"
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 09:26
"Offcourse! I will be a father to both, but what if Nariel doesnt want me to be her father?" He sighed.
"I would be devastated..."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 09:52
"She is already calling you 'Ada', though I have never taught her the word to use for you. Does that say something?" She paused for a moment.

"Anduilon, you said that you were raised here. Would there be any chance that you're afraid Nariel won't accept you, because you might have done the same thing?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email