Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Dead Sea of Mordor
on: July 31, 2005 02:06
Deadric worked alongside Rasputina as the ship struggled through the storm. He was drenched to the skin and weary from work and fighting the river monster. "Well done," he murmured to Rasputina.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2005 05:44
i was gone and am going to be gone again post every time i can

Vita hurryed about doing every thing she could trying to not think about the pain in her side. The storm was apon them and it would be a lomg and hard one...
Rasputina
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 06:57
The storm approached as fast as it had came upon them. Rigging the sails was difficult as they wipped, wet and heavy against each other. Deadric came to help, silently and helped with the devious sails, only speaking a few words of thanks. Rasputina noded, as she was shaking from the cold, ignorant of the sharp wind blazing against the ship. Lightning began to erupt along the water, dancing on the dark waves that threatened their ship. Lahirien was strong to whip the vessel to the shore, which surprisingly was calm as the eye of a storm might be, and indeed it seemed to be. Even so, the storm did not let down for them.

Rasputina had to clutch the mass once, as a daring wave flew at the side of the ship, only to destroy itself upon the shore, erupting over the side. She fled accross the ship as best as she could to help Vita, who seemed to be wounded on the side. Her raven still clutched to her shoulder, through the weather looking rather shocked. Looking up, the clowds seemed to swirl in the sickly sky above them. It seemed like the perfect welcoming befitting some place such as Mordor.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 01:29
A huge wave came over the ship and by just looking out at the sea... you could see that it would not be the last. Vita cursed inside the pain in her side was growing stronger with each passing moment."I should be stronger! I have to be!" she thought. looking up she saw rasputina coming to her not wunting to seem week she said "We need to make sure that the hold does not fill with water. If it does we'll have to pump it outand if we can't...Well you can geuss.
wavecaller
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 07:42
((OOC: I'm back, peoples! Thanks for posting!))
Lahirien slammed the wheel hard to starboard to avoid a jagged rock that she had noticed almost too late. Large waves were slopping over the sides as the storm raged. Rasputina, Deadric, and Vita were doing a good job with the sails, but the waves and wind were making it difficult to see and steer. The shore was too jagged to land here. If they could just sail a few more miles, there was a small island where they could beach and get out of the strong wind. She jerked the wheel again as lightning flared across the sky.
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 09:48
((Hi guys! I'm moved so I hope i can still be in))

Sadriel fell forward catching herself with her forearms. She got up quickly and went to the side of the deck where she held on to a rope. She knew ships well enough to hold a certain rope for the mast to be safe.
She looked up to the steering and the cammanding part of her came out.
As lightning flashed the ship took another dreadful turn and one side plunged into the water. The water splashed onto the deck. She made her way up to the steering as the ship turned this way and that.
More and more giagantic waves pushed the ship back farther and farther. When Sadriel finally made it to Lahirien she was sopping wet and very commanding. Her face was that of undestracted determination.
"You've got to let go of the wheel!" she cried over the sound of the storm. "Only use it to dodge rocks!" She stationed herself beside Lahirien and held on to a board for support. Her eyes narrowed as she scanned through the sheet of rain.
"Watch it!" she said pointed and another rock came into view just ahead of them. She had half a mind to push her over and take the wheel herself, but she thought better of it.
Rasputina
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 05:56
Rasputina like Vita, did not have a clue of what to use to combat the water that was spilling over the side of the ship. Rasputina spotted some buckets, that were thankfully, bolted in a cage next to the side of the ship. She raced over and brought back as many as there where, which was only three and distributed them out.

Vita took up the lead in throwing the water overboard, eventhough she was much worse off than the rest of them. Rasputina followed with the plan and did not stop Vita, though she kept an eye on her as they scooped out one bucket again and again. Rasputina could see that Lahirien could not land for the shore, which looked like a shining row of teeth and thus went for an island that was near off by a mile or two. It seemed that this would be longest two miles for all of them...
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 09:41
Vita was feeling worse and worse as time went on... looking up and seeing some tipe of shore she pressed harder on the task at hand..hoping and praying that Lahirien would a able to get them there...

ooc: is the island part of mordor...? It could be fun to fight some orcs or find a clue to the treasure
wavecaller
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 06:44
((OOC: Welcome back, Legadriel! No, the island isn't part of Mordor, which is quite a ways from us (unless we go down a magic evil whirlpool.) If you want to do something to get us to Mordor faster, it's okay as long as it's reasonably believable and fits into the Tolkien framework.))
Lahirien jerked the wheel again as Sadriel shouted for her to let go. After the day that they were all having, her temper was beginning to fray. She glared into the waves as she shouted. "If I let go of the wheel now, we will go into an uncontrolled spin, hit the rocks by the shore or on either side, and die. The wheel would move too fast for me to grab it again because I've been keeping it in one major direction for so long against the wind. I would shatter my hand trying to grab it. The first jerk would send us straight into the shore. Rasputina, Deadric, and Vita, the wind is changing a little. If you can unfurl all the sails, we may be able to get to the island on some high waves over the rocks and through a smooth gap. I know these waters." She pulled at the wheel again and hoped that they would live to see the island.
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2005 10:17
((Thanks))

Sadriel rolled her eyes. Instead of arguing she looked out to see if there were any more rocks.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2005 07:31
ooc: I think we should get there sooner somehow or find a clue or something... but whatever you guys wunt :love:

Vita hearing lahirien call went to work on the sails. Hurrying up one of the ropes to the main sail she was allmost riped of by the wind wiched seemed to be geting stronger. Making it to the top she tried to untangle to wet ropes and hold on.
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2005 04:15
There was another awful plunge on one side, throwing Sadriel forward. She fell and grasped Deadric's arm for support without relizing it was him. She quickly let go and blushed deeply. Then straightening up she hung onto a rope.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 04:09
bump ( where is everyone!?!)
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 07:02
bump :cry: come back!!
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2005 10:44
I posted last so we need someone else to post first
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2005 06:38
Deadric steadied Sadriel and made sure she was all right. Then he went up into the rigging to help Vita unfurl the sails. The wind pulled violently at him and clung to the rigging. He pulling himself onto a mast and crept along it. He gave Lahirien a glare. You do'nt see her up here, he thought.
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2005 02:26
Vita gave Deadric a grateful smile but that was about all she had time to give. It seemed as if the wind wanted to rip her off and trow her in the the swirling gray depths below...
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2005 03:30
Sadriel pulled the rope harshly and tried to free the snag it held on the wood. After it didn't budge she made her way toward it, ballancing carefully on the only plank between her and the depth below. More then once she slipped and feared she would fall to her death, but she did make it and free the rope to unfurl the sail. She held tightly to the post as to not fall and then made her way to the next rope.
The ship to an awful turn and plunged one side deep into the water. Water splashed on deck and seemed to wash things away. Sadriel grabbed a rope that kept her from falling before the sip turned upright again.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email