Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Firestone the Murderer ((Free, anyone can join!))
on: August 24, 2005 08:43
Frances blinked blearily and didn't care what happened to them at that moment. Then, swooping from nowhere was a memory of her mother's last words: "Carry your friends everywhere, and protect them, Frances. I know it's in you." Frances brushed away the memory, but could not destroy the echo of the words "I know it's in you." She nodded inside herself, thinking, I may have just met them, but I still must protect them. Mother was right, then she spoke aloud. "My duty is clear," speaking quietly, she raised her head and voice simultaneously. "We'll be alright." With an extreme effort, she backed away from the cave entrance/exit, and into the shadows. Waiting for the inevitable return of doom. Wargs didn't go far when they had the trail of... prey. They would be found.
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 03:26
Half an Hour passed. Half an hour that seemed like half a day. Raptre could very well tell that the sounds of the wargs were getting louder and more excited. Silently, she brooded.... The wargs would come. There would be no stopping them. They would have to fight their way through... but at least they had a cave to defend, rather than being out in the open, she reminded herself. Raptre remembered the throwing blades strapped in different places around her body. They were meant for getting out of tight spots like this.... She contemplating using a spell, like fire to scare the wargs. But she realized that whoever had dispelled Frances' magic was probably still out there... and if he knew that Raptre had magic, he might want to take that away too.
She stood up and unstrapped a morningstar from her belt. A simple wooden hilt gave way to a chain that rattled as she unstrapped it, and that in turn gave way to a heavy, spiked ball at the end. Much like a mace, but smaller, she thought to herself. It had the seal of Gondor on it, although Raptre actually didn't come from Gondor. She... took it from one of the guards.
Of course, she intended to give it back whenever she went back to Gondor....
Suddenly, the woman tensed as a grey-ish brown flash zipped past them and back into the woods. It was a warg, she realized. Eyes appeared from the darkness of the thickets, and she looked to Evenya and Firestone.
"They're here" she said, and almost as a reply, the wolves started snarling and yipping, thinking they would get a kill...
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 04:05
*The Wargs Point of View*

Bricken, the lead warg, was circling the front of the cave. He snarled as he saw a woman in the front of the cave. He pounced half-heartedly at her. When he backed away, the other wargs were taunting him: "Bricken's a chicken! Little baby Bricken! Bricken's a chicken!" They kept at it, until their leader turned around and nipped the throat of the closest warg to him. Not enough to kill but enough to scare definitely. They quieted up. Bricken whispered some commands in the wargs' tongue, and then to the orcs in their's. They were going to get in a large circle around the entrance the cave, and hide. Bricken moved up to the very front. He crept in the little-known side entrance. He saw a small group of people sitting on the floor, with their guard down. Sniffing the air, he strode proudly to the back of the cave. They still hadn't heard him. Bricken pounced on the one closest to him, the one in the very back.

((Bricken's a chicken!))

Frances looked behind her uncomfortably. SHe tugged on Evenya's sleeve, and whispered as quietly as she could, "There's evil afoot. I can feel it, even though my magic's gone, I'm not stupid. It's there!" She saw shadows in the back, and awaited Evenya's response to her worries.
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 08:59
Evenya nodded and silently grabbed her bow. She strung it with two arrows and took her archer's stance. She stared into the dark, ready for whatever came.
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 09:18
Raptre grunted as her face hit the ground. She could smell the pungent breath and realized a warg had landed on top of her. PUlling out a dagger from her sleeve, she shoved itinto the warg's left front paw. The wolf squealed and jumped off of her. A chorus of yips came from the back of the cavern, as if they were laughing at the beast... Raptre quickly picked herself up and backed away from the back of the cavern, though she had to realize that there were probably more of them in the entrance as well. She pulled out another knife, this one longer and a lot sharper than the other. Her mace wa still held firmly in the other hand.
" here!" she shouted to the others just as an orc jumped off his steed's back, yelling in some guttural language. He charged at Raptre, who started swinging her morningstar....
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 09:26
Evenya started loosing arrows, taking careful aim and hardly missing a shot, though it would have been hard to do so, seeing as how many of them were there. She could hold them back for forever though, and it wasn't long before they were getting near. She abandoned her bow and took out her dagger.
Evenya ran forward and tried to kill, or at least severely injure, as many of the warg and orcs as she could, getting cut and bruised as she did. Swiftwing had long since flown off, and Evenya prayed that none of their adversaries harmed him.

[Edited on 26/8/2005 by Ladyofthewood886]
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 11:15
The weapon crashed into the orc's head, not shattering its thick skull but bleeding profusely and giving the orc something to shriek about. he backed away, clutching to his head. Raptre swung once more, and the orc fell limp. She spread her feet wide in a battle stance, as if to challenge anyone else... That was when two other wargs came after her, and she was caught in a messy and bloody fray. Raptre regretted not using her magic-- she could send at least half of them running with a simple beam of light.

(nuelda and ice? where are you guys? )
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 11:17
Bricken, Micail, Job (Joh-b not Jah-b), and Chuk circled around the few people in the cave. Bricken murmered that he wanted the big one, and chuckled when Chuk mentioned that he wanted the hobbit, "You never dream big, Chuk. But go ahead. Take the halfling. I am going for the one with the mace. Micail, you get the one that is using her little dagger," he threw out the word dagger with a sneer, and growled deep in his throat. Laughing as only a warg could, he pounced five feet foward and one back. He watched as the mace-girl (Known as Raptre to us, but not the wargs ) swung her puny weapon. He spoke to an orc, who then said aloud for him, "Bricken offers his greetings to our fair miss. He also says, your weapon won't harm him, and you just let him kill you," the orc giggled at the girl, and then asked for Bricken, "And what might we call you? We need your name. It is so much easier to tell of death in a warg community when you know the name of the creature you killed. It makes stories so much," but he never got the words, 'more interesting' out of his throat because he suddenly found a mace in his face. (Sorry for manipulation)

Micail, sneaking up on Evenya, was surprised that she knew he was there. When she spun around, he snarled at her, and called an orc over. First he told the orc of how sick he was that wargs couldn't speak common. Then he said to tell the lady some things, which the orc did: "The warg here, ready to kill you, asks me to tell you his name is Micail. He also says that you won't kill him, because he is much stronger than you. And if you like, he'll save killing you to the end, so you can watch your friends die before you. He also says that he knows you. Yes, Micail does know you... he killed your father a long long time ago. Tell us Evenya, how is your mother?" Laughing then, he foolishly charged at her, thinking she was numb from shock. ((Ladyofthewood- Is that okay? The DB says Evenya's father was killed in a fight against orcs, so maybe there were wargs there too. If it's not ok, tell me and I'll edit.))

Job circled slowly. He picked the one with the strange necklace. It was glowing like fire would. He too had an orc translator. Not a very good one though. The orc spoke to Firestone, "My master sends his hellos. He will kill you know. He also said I am a complete moron. I think he is only joking," the orcs smiled hugely then, and was suddenly frozen as Job ripped him in half. He called another orc over to him, which then said, "Job is sorry about that moron. He should have been killed long before now. You see, he was NOT dropped at birth, as all other orcs are. He says, do not fear an attack from anything other than him, because he is the one that will kill you. My master promises, and he delivers," the orcs muttered, bowing himself away.

Just then, Bricken coughed, and a large orc stood up in the cave, clapping his hands. "As everyone here knows already, except for our lovely victims, no one is to harm the non-evils unless it be the lead wargs that were assigned to the task. That is all." Then he stepped back, and all the orcs, and wargs that were not the lead four stood back. They let the other take control.

Chuk stepped foward, almost pitying the small hobbit in front of him. His assisstant orc spoke, "Chuk thinks you are small and will be a fast kill. He just wants you to know. Also he begs to ask, what is your name, small one?" The diplomatic orc stepped back, and as he did so, the audience of the other orcs and wargs laughed at him. Again.

~*~
Frances stammered when the warg, Chuk, asked her name. "Um, um, it's Frances. Don't kill me please." She pulled out her only weapon, her small carving knife. Holding it behind her, she backed up to the side of the cave. "Please Chuk, don't!" She cowered against the side, whimpering as Chuk opened his great jaws. And yawned. Menacingly!

((Did everyone get a warg? Sorry it's so long of a post! If anyone wants changes, I could edit. Just let me know.))

[Edited on 27/8/2005 by whitegoldgoddess15]
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 12:52
((i think the part about evenya was fine, an i liked ur idea that the warg killed her father))
Abandoning her dagger, Evenya whipped out her bow and plunged three arrows into the warg, then two into the orc that had spoken for him. Though her father died long ago, the pain and anger were still there and she was more than happy to avenge him. She blinked back tears as she looked to see how her companions were doing. She started to go over to help Frances, but there were wargs between her and the hobbit.

[Edited on 28/8/2005 by Ladyofthewood886]
~Nuelda~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 07:10
((Sorry I've been gone...My family has been preparing for Hurricane Katrina...And my state--Louisiana--is being torn apart. Please excuse my absence...))

Firestone roared in anger, swinging her massive two-handed long sword professionally. "Firestone the Murderer can match any beast." She charged at him, chopping off an ear. Job howled in agony, baring his sharp yellow teeth at her.
"Come on, now! You promised that you'd kill me!" Her necklace glowed as she tensed in the familiar raging thrill of battle.
She threw herself at him, yelling like a madman. Her sword sang in delight as warg blood rushed down its length. The warg emitted a dreadful roar; she gagged at his pungent breath. "Disgusting!"
Job lashed out, ripping through her left shoulder. She screamed as blood spurted from her shoulder, enabling all other movement from it. She sank to her knees hopelessly. He raised himself in triumph, but a little too early. This wasn't over yet.
She jumped to her feet, bringing her massive bloody sword down on his rough neck. His decapitated mass fell in a matted heap, and Firestone grinned triumphantly. Abruptly remembering her wounded shoulder, she turned to see how the others were faring.

[Edited on 30/8/2005 by ~Nuelda~]
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 03:16
Bricken yelled out to the other wargs present that Job and Micail were slain. Stalking his prey, he followed the girl, Raptre, and waited for her to make the first move.

Frances struck quickly. She didn't do much, but she had effectively poked out Chuk's eye with her knife. But that only made his angrier. She winced when the knife slid into his eye, but then felt a lot of her fear slide out of her, just as the knife left Chuk's eye. She smiled, hesitantly, and prayed for someone to save her, because she doubted her little knife would do much more damage.
~Nuelda~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 03:24
In a heartbeat, Firestone was at Frances's side, grinning wolfishly. Her sword--a horrifying mixture of shining mithril and hot blood--gleamed with delight as she swung effortlessly to the side, hacking an orc translator in two.
"Need some help?" she asked the fearful little hobbit almost casually. She grunted as her sword flew in to kiss another orc translator's heart.
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 11:19
(ick, sorry all-- school abruptly started up and some classes need more attention than i thought)

"Try this on for size" Raptre muttered, bringing the ball down on the warg's head. A sickening 'crack' ensued, and the animal seemed dazed, if only for a minute. He shook his head and took a swipe at Raptre with one of his massive paws. The rogue sidestepped it, but only within a hair's breadth. She took the dagger in her other hand and embedded it deep in Bricken's shoulder. The warg nipped at Raptre (though it wasn't much of a nip, because it could quite possibly crush one of her bones) and she in turn brought the morningstar down on the wolf's head, this time making a deeper break in its skull. Blood seeped from the wound, and the brute's eyes turned inward.... Raptre sighed, her shoulders heaving. Fighting a warg took a toll on the physical body, as well as the mental. She was in a state of panic on the inside, especially because she couldn't use any magic to get herself out of the situation....
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 11:44
Evenya was still shooting from her bow. Every once in a while, she got out her dagger. She wished that she had a sword, but she knew wishing wouldn't save her. A wound in her leg bled freely and her arms were tired from shooting and slashing, but she didn't slow her attacks.
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 04:27
Frances watched Firestone with an emotion in her eyes that was hard put to words. She was grateful, definitely, and relieved. But she was also upset and angry at herself, for wanting someone to save her. She told herself then that she was going to have to start taking care of things. She wasn't a child anymore. Agewise, she was still young, but her youthful innocence was gone as she watched so much blood and gore spill onto the floor. (It rhymed!) Once, Chuk strayed away from Firestone's cruel hand, and towards Frances. She took that moment to take her knife and stab out his other eye. Now it was almost comical. Chuk was wobbling around, trying to get away, but since he couldn't see her didn't get very far. Frances watched as Firestone did her last bit on Chuk.

Bricken yelled out, "Fools! You can attack them back if they are trying to kill you!" He directed this at Chuk's brother and Micail's three cousins. The wargs were just laying there, watching the fight and communicating in their limited language.
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 10:10
Evenya braced herself as Macail's cousins turned on her. She took out one with her bow, but the other two were still coming. She swooped down and quickly grabbed a dead orc's sword. She wouldn't have even touched it, but she knew that it was going to take a lot more than her small dagger to take these wargs down. She twirled around with her dagger in one hand and the sword in the other, making deep cuts in her attackers. They howled in pain and anger and snapped at her. One clipped her arm. She hacked off his head and turned to the other. He whipped the sword out of her hands with a swipe of his paw. As he turned, she plunged her dagger into his back. She tugged it out and he crumpled to the ground. She blew a stray hair out of her face and began to attack the remaing wargs and orcs.
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 08:50
A rather large orc came rushing up to raptre, swinging a crudely made longsword in a clumsy arc. His breath reeked of rotting bits of flesh and tiny parasites that made their homes in his teeth. The thug brought his sword, but simply chopped a piece off of Raptre's already worn out cloak. She smartly embedded her mace head into his unarmed belly and yanked it out (along with a few piercings...) The orc clutched his stomach and hobbled away, and Raptre couldn't help but laugh.
"This is all they had to offer?" she muttered to herself. She caught the fleeting shadow of an unknown (obviously lesser in class) warg fleeing the cave, which made her laugh once more.
Two other orcs came after her, and she braced herself, after a carefuly look around to see her companions. They seemed to be faring well... but she felt a weird affinity towards Frances. Firestone was helping the hobbit... but she knew that they had to protect Frances.
~Nuelda~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 03:22
Firestone's wounded shoulder throbbed angrily every time she swung her sword. She ground her teeth together as another warg moved to stand in front of her. It grinned maliciously, revealing hideous yellow teeth.
Her necklace exploded with light; Firestone thought it would shatter. But it kept its constant glow, beating like a drum.
The warg howled with pain and staggered away from the blinding fire-colored light. It found Frances and emitted a treacherous growl.
Firestone gripped her profusely bleeding shoulder, argued with her common sense for a painfully long moment, and flew forward, throwing herself at the warg. She sat upon it, raising her two-colored sword--silver-blue from mithril and maroon from blood--high above her head, sapphire eyes gleaming behind matted raven-black locks, and brought it down singing.
It plunged deep into the warg's beating heart, and the beast howled once before dropping dead beneath her.
Firestone hopped off of the falling corpse with inhuman speed, grinning almost evilly. She turned to her companions, hoping they were doing just as well.
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 03:58
(How's it going in Louisiana, Nuelda? I just remembered your OOC message last time and I hope you're doing alright)
~Nuelda~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 08:34
((Oh, it's horrible down here. I'm about 40 miles from Baton Rouge, and it's not too bad around here. But my dad, a supervisor for Acadian Ambulance, has been working almost non-stop for about a week now, only stopping for a couple hours of sleep.
Please, I really don't care what religion you are, but if you believe in God, please pray for us.))
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 02:44
((Praying now! I hope you guys end up alright... I'm sorry you got caught in it! :cry: ))

Frances squeezed her eyes shut, and took in a deep breath. She opened them again, then, and smiled, suddenly at peace. She spat at the warg body a few feet away, and then, grabbing her knife again, she followed behind Firestone, not far, but not too closely, and stabbed an almost dead orc she had just left. Sliding her blade gracefully across it's neck, she watched blood flow from it with satisfaction. Then she moved on to another one, yelling out to Firestone, "Get the orcs or wargs down, and defenseless, and I'll finish them! Alright?" She almost whispered the next part, "Thank you for saving my life."
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 05:05
(I prayed for you guys last night. I'm just glad that you weren't caught directly in the flood I hope things turn out alright)

Finished with one brute, she started on the second. She hoped the battle would be over soon... her strength was being sapped, and she could still feel the presence of the magical being. She wanted so badly to use her magic and send the wargs running... but she wouldn't, couldn't, risk their exposure. Raptre plunged her mace head into the orc's belly, and it fell flopping to the ground. More enemies were fleeing, she noted, which was a good thing. The entrance was blocked by a wall of enemies, she noted, and she went to chop through them.
"We need to get out of here!" Raptre yelled to her companions, hoping they weren't exhausting as quickly as she was... she wasn't a nimble hobbit like Frances, or a graceful, enduring elf like Firestone and Evenya. She was a human... and they had limits....
~Nuelda~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 01:05
((Thank you both so much. It's so sad...So many people do need your prayers. They do not know to whom they are indebted, so I thank you on behalf of every Hurricane Katrina victim, down to the premature infants.))

"Aye, aye, Frances!" Firestone grinned enthusiastically. "Oh, and my pleasure." She made a quick bow before diving into another group of orcs and wargs, her sword now a blue and red blur.
"We need to get out of here!"
The elf whirled around on her heel, yelling back to Raptre, "On my way!" She grinned swiftly before flying into the what seemed like never-ending blackness that was the enemy.
She was suddenly locked in combat with yet another orc. She screamed as her enemy struck, and her shoulder seared with a burning, throbbing pain. She dropped her sword; it fell to the ground with a loud clatter. She fell to her knees, tears streaming down her already sweaty and blood-stained face.
The orc raised its crude weapon high above its head, ready to jerk down and decapitate its victim...

[Edited on 13/9/2005 by ~Nuelda~]
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 01:52
((I, too, prayed for you and the victims. It's sooo sad that that happened!))
The orc never had a chance. Evenya jammed her dagger in to his thick skull and yanked it out. He fell to the side.
"You all right?" she yelled to Firestone, holding out her hand to help her friend up.

MODERATOR'S NOTE..............
As you should by now be aware, new guidelines have been established for role-playing in the Tolkien-Related forum. The guidelines have established what is considered to be suitable for Tolkien’s world – and what clearly belongs in another world – in terms of characters, settings, abilities, language, dress, weaponry, animals, and most importantly, plot or storyline.

In an effort to ensure that the TR forum players are adapting to these guidelines, the moderators are keeping a very close eye on role-plays to attempt to prevent any straying into NT territory. It has been our experience that a more practiced player very easily influences new players – and this influence frequently leads the role-play into NT areas. This can result in an unacceptable situation for all involved, most especially the beginner of the thread, whose initial storyline is lead off track and into NT territory.

We have noticed that the posts in this thread have become very much directed towards NT.

Please accept this as a serious suggestion to guide the direction of this thread back to TR with appropriate adjustments and amendments, and note that we will be enforcing the guidelines in all TR threads. Those threads that persist in NT behavior will be removed from this forum to MonkeyGames within the next week (see "Announcement-transferring threads to Monkeygames" at the top of the TR Forum).

Thanks,
The RPG Moderators

[Edited on 7/9/2005 by berethedhellen]

[Edited on 7/9/2005 by berethedhellen]
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 11:22
Raptre hapazardly hacked her way through the wall of orcs. She knew they had to leave the cave and run to... wherever they meant to go. Frances mentioned something about a wizard named Gandalf, Raptre thought to herself as she stepped over an orc body, making a clear path back into the forest. She said the wizard might know something about the situation... about creatures dangerous enough to consort with magic. The woman had no doubt in her mind about that creature being a Nazgul...

"Come on!" She yelled to her companions, urging them to get out of the cave before the orc wall reorganized....
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 11:59
Evenya ran over and began to help Raptre clear the way. It was difficult, and Evenya was starting to get exhausted.
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 01:13
((Poo! NT is a no. Let us get back on track. Hmm, but how?))

Frances sprinted across the cave as quickly as her short legs would allow her. Following Raptre's charges, and her and Evenya's voices, she reached the mouth of the cave. Leaving the orcs with a sigh of utmost pleasure, Frances whispered to the one nearest her, asking if everyone was there. She could not tell who it was because of the darkness that surrounded them. Hearing the faintest clop of hooves, and a silent snort from behind her, she turned expecting to see a pony by itself. Instead, what she saw was a rider, dressed all in black, and on a black steed. Terrified at the sheer size, and seemingly there power, she almost wet herself. Backing up, Frances gripped her small knife, still with blood and bits of flesh on it, tightly along her side. She started to raise it, but stopped when It leaned foward and murmered, "Shhhiire..... Bagginsssssss" She eeped and shook her head, not knowing who he was talking about. Either he was really slow with riding, or there was another Baggins at Bag End. But the only Baggins she knew no longer lived in Middle Earth, and that was a long time ago.

((Good? Maybe there is a lesser known ring, or something. I dunno. Shall we go with it? Or does someone have a better plot idea, and then if so, I'll just edit some of this... ? Thing is, I don't want our thread moving to MG, cuz I know it'll die over there. They hae this thing in the bottom corner that says how many people have been on at one time.... and it was 26. That's like five minutes at this site, so.... just sayin' ))
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 12:01
((i like it. it keeps the story moving. i tried to rp at
MG, but i didnt like it very much))
Evenya looked and saw the rider near Frances. She strung her bow and ran over towards them just in time to here its inquiery.
"There are no more Bagginses. The last one left years ago. Now leave!" Evenya snarled at the creature, threatening it with her bow.
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 12:17
(wait, if the last baggins left years ago then didn't Gandalf leave with him as well? Then we'd never find Gandalf and cure Frances' lack of magic.

I was roleplaying this whole time thinking we lived during the War of the Ring. I personally think we should go with that-- so instead of it happening in the near future, we could make it more TR and say it happened in the War of the Ring, when the Nazguli were still alive and Frodo was still in the Shire. Remember when Gandalf didn't meet Frodo at Bree because he was talking to Saruman? Maybe we can find Gandalf in Saruman's tower, and have to free him to get him to heal Frances. The only thing is that it would involve twisting one of Tolkien's original plots. Still, I think it would be a good idea. I think having a lesser known ring would be cool too... but I'm just inputting my thoughts. I really fon't care which way we go, just as long as we can keep from getting this thread moved to MG. It really DOES stink there-- you can never keep a roleplay going.)

"Frances!" Raptre called frantically, feeling a dark aura surrounding them. The howling and yipping from the wargs had stopped to a dead silence... obviously, they noticed the presence as well. Some were bold enough to whimper. Raptre called her name once more out into the dark of the forest, realizing that the hobbit had gone out of the cave and into the thickets, completely bypassing the rest.
"Frances!" She yelled for a third time, daring to challenge the foreboding darkness. Then, she saw a silhouette not far from them... the hobbit had fallen backwards and was crawling away from something much, much larger than her... it dismounted a large steed and Raptre heard the familiar shing! of a sword being removd from its scabbard... Raptre was frozen.
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 03:00
((Yeah, maybe we should just stick with during the War. And then LadyoftheWood can just play off Evenya as trying to get him to leave them all alone. But honestly, we NEED to keep this on CoE. I luv it here!! :love: ))

Frances stared, and vaguely heard Evenya come up and yell to the... thing... to go away. She thought for a moment and registered the fact that Evenya had something about the last Baggins leaving a while back. She thought then, "Wait, the last one hasn't left. There's still" SMACK!! She kept hitting her cheeks trying to not let herself think the words. She had no idea what power these black riders bore with them. Then she started saying softly, "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow......." and continued like so for a good long time, and then forced her attention to Raptre shouting her name.
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 08:59
"come back here!" Raptre called to Frances, though she realized her voice was meek and whimpering with fear. She knew it wasn't her own self making her tremble (after all, she had faced many other people that looked similar to the wraith). Rather, it was something about the Nazgul. Probably the fact that it could destroy whole cities all by itself... and never tire.
The wraith apparently had some ancient form of armor on, for he squeaked everytime he took a step closer toward the hobbit lass. It's breathing was rattled and a little muffled. As it raised the sword over its head, his deadly mount pawed and snorted with excitement-- obviously the same excitement the wraith felt. If it felt at all.
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 11:58
((sorry! how about evenya doesnt know about frodo, or the fact that bilbo returned. we'll just say she's waaay behind on the news))
Evenya pushed Frances out of the way. She had never taken on a foe like this before, and she had a strong feeling that it was going to take more than a couple of arrows to bring him down. But, she didn't have time to wonder what would, so she shot an arrow into him and yelled,
"Frances! Run!"
She would have done so, but she wasn't going to leave the hobbit behind.
whitegoldgoddess15
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 03:25
Frances, getting desperate, tried throwing an arm out into the darkness of the forest ((Mirkwood right?)) and shouting, "Look! There's a Baggins! Out there! You better go get him or he'll leave!" The Nazgul almost turned around, but then stopped, more livid than before. Frances chuckled slightly, in an attempt of apology, and murmered, more to herself than anyone else, "Well, it sure looked like a Baggins. I thought it was..." Then she wheeled around and bolted, running right at the Nazgul, and then past him. Exactly the way no one would suspect. She scaled a tree 100 yards outside of the cave's mouth, and, seemingly dissappeared. Panting in the tree as silently as possible, she thought to herself, "Well, I'm not dead, and Evenya might have been able to run. Just, now how do I get out of here?" Sighing mentally, not daring to release and sounds, she crept slowly higher into the tall tree, terrified of how high she was, but even more scared of the terror on the ground.
Ladyofthewood886
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 05:11
Evenya, too, ran away. She lost sight of the hobbit after she had done that unexpected manuver. Praying for her safety. and her own, she continued zig-zagging through the trees. She couldn't tell if the thumping she heard was the Nazgul following her or the sound of her own heart beat. She dove into a thicket and waited.
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 05:41
Raptre breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Frances bolt out into the darkness- at least now, she was safer. The wargs were bolting too, apparently out of fear. Raptre couldn't bring herself to run, afraid the Nazgul would bring his sword down swiftly upon her.
The wraith shrieked, and Raptre realized that if she had any hope of surviving, it was lost... a woman's scream pierced her ears, mingled with the pained neigh-ing of a horse and the cawing of alarmed crows to make a wretched sound that seemed to kill the very grass the Nazgul stood on... it turned to her and Firestone, and Raptre realized that it was just the two of them. She gulped, thinking of something to say to th wraith as he glided swiftly toward them... her mace was useless, and she dropped it without thinking...
The creaking of his armor was ever foreboding, and before she realized it, he was practically on top of her, ready to impale her on his sword...
"No!" she screamed, and with that word, the shield that kept her from using her magic snapped. A small wall of force drove the sword back-- obviously, the Nazgul had underestimated the street rat. The nazgul's moment of imbalance from his sword being unexpectedly driven back gave the thief time to run into the thicket, hoping to find Evenya and hoping Firestone would escape as well...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email